End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 05:13:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Catholics teach Post-Tribulation Rapture

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholics teach Post-Tribulation Rapture  (Read 671 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »

"In this video I show that the Roman Catholic Church teaches that "Christians" go through the 7 year Great Tribulation. I show their own website, where a Catholic Professor uses the same arguments that ALL Post-Trib. Rapture believers use to disprove the Pre-Trib. Rapture. I also examine what the problem is with teaching that the Body of Christ is going to have to endure the "time of Jacob's trouble." (Jeremiah 30:7). Christians who believe this way are spending all their time preparing to survive for 7 years, rather than going out after the lost and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ!"
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »

Or maybe there's NO final 7, or 3.5 year tribulation? Remember the Tower of Babel? They did one heck of a job trying to unite everyone, but they FAILED ultimately, and didn't get to finish their One World Government project. Did the Days of Noah have a One World Antichrist Government Leader system? Or how about the Days of Lot?

No, I'm not saying I'm giving the correct answer here, but this has occured to me over the last year - history is repeating itself again where the Vatican is trying to do the same thing Nimrod did many moons ago - either way, they're going to suffer eternal consequences.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:42:52 am »

He made some great points in that video. That is one thing that i also cant stand is when people say the Rapture is a new doctrine, or that its all from Darby, when just a few minutes of digging into the history shows it goes all the way back to the Apostles and Jesus himself. I do like the way he shows the catholic doctrine verses the Biblical doctrine and the way the catholics are working the minds of the Christians. Buy survival gear not tracts.  Shocked woory about your own skin not your fellow mans  Shocked good stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:50 am »

Origins of the Rapture

The Rapture seems to have been invented by a British religious figure named John Nelson Darby (1800-1882). He was ordained in the Church of Ireland and worked there to convert Catholics away from their folly. He was extremely pessimistic about what he saw as the state of the world and the state of the Church. He eventually left it, joining a dissident group called the Plymouth Brethren of which he soon became a prominent leader.

About 1830, he began teaching that Jesus’ coming at the end of time would be preceded by a “rapture of the saints.” Some members of his own Brethren community objected that this was not biblically founded, but Darby dismissed any criticism. It had, he claimed, been revealed to him by God.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac1005.asp

Church teaching on the Rapture

A s Roman Catholics, we might ask, “Has the Church censured anything regarding the Rapture doctrine?” The answer would have to be no and yes.

No, to my knowledge, there has never been an explicit statement relative to the Rapture. But as we have seen, the Rapture forms part of a particular millennial expectation based on a particular use of biblical texts. Yes, the Church has explicitly rejected both this kind of speculation and this way of interpreting the Scriptures.

The Council of Ephesus (431) denounced it as “a deviation and a fable.” It was denounced again in 1516 at the Fifth Lateran Council. In 1824, the work of Manuel Lacunza (noted above) was placed on the Index of Forbidden Books. In 1941 and 1944, responding to questions from the Archbishop of Santiago, Chile, the Congregation of the Holy Office (now the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) again rejected this kind of millennial speculation with explicit reference to the work of Lacunza. As recently as April 22, 1998, with the turn of the millennium approaching, Pope John Paul II warned again against this way of thinking.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac1005.asp

Cheesy woops...

CCC 675 Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.4 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth5 will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.6

http://www.catholic-catechism.com/ccc_673.675.1216.2849.htm

Ah, yes, all rods lead back to Babylon/Rome. Guess you can see the pope behind the curtain who has been pushing the Church goes through Rapture beliefs for so long.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:13 pm »

Revelation 3:

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Notice that Jesus doesn't mention that he "will keep thee from the hour of temptation" to any of the other 6 Churches! Only the Philadelphia Church has this promise. Most Churches will miss out on the Rapture?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: