End Times and Current Events
April 15, 2024, 11:49:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

SCOTUS rejects German home school family asylum request

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCOTUS rejects German home school family asylum request  (Read 483 times)
Kilika
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:12:22 am »

No surprise here. As expected, the Obama administration and the Supreme Court have rejected a German family's request for asylum in the US from persecution in Germany over home schooling.

In Germany, it's illegal to home school. Germans are forced to accept the official government school program. No alternative education allowed apparently, especially anything Christian-related, which is why the family came to the US, so they could home school legally.

The US has said no, go home and take your force-fed government propaganda like you've been told to do!

How much more evidence do people need? The current US administration is so anti-Christian, it's becoming blatantly obvious.

Hmm, anti-Christian, anti-democratic republic, anti-personal privacy, anti-Constitution...Any questions?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/03/team-obama-wins-fight-to-have-christian-home-school-family-deported/?intcmp=trending

Team Obama wins fight to have Christian home-school family deported

By Todd Starnes

Todd's American Dispatch
Published March 03, 2014
FoxNews.com

Uwe and Hannelore Romeike came to the United States in 2008 seeking political asylum. They fled their German homeland in the face of religious persecution for homeschooling their children.

They wanted to live in a country where they could raise their children in accordance with their Christian beliefs.

The Romeikes were initially given asylum, but the Obama administration objected – claiming that German laws that outlaw homeschooling do not constitute persecution.

Please, Mr. President, have mercy on this Christian family. They came to our shores longing to be free.

“The goal in Germany is for an open, pluralistic society,” the Justice Department wrote in a legal brief last year. “Teaching tolerance to children of all backgrounds helps to develop the ability to interact as a fully functioning citizen in Germany.”

THAT is an outrageous attitude coming from the US government! It smacks of anti-Christian, gay-friendly propaganda

On Monday, the Supreme Court declined to hear the Romeike’s appeal – paving the way for the Christian family of eight to be deported.

“I think this is a part of the Obama administration’s overall campaign to crush religious freedom in this country,” said Michael Farris, chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association. His organization is representing family.

“The Obama administration’s attitude toward religious freedom, particularly religious freedom for Christians is shocking,” he told me in an exclusive telephone interview. “I have little doubt that if this family had been of some other faith that the decision would have never been appealed in the first place. They would have let this family stay.”

Had the family stayed in Germany, where homeschooling is illegal, they would have faced the prospect of losing their children. Like the Pilgrims, they fled their homeland yearning for a place where they could be free.

Farris said the religious bias perpetrated by the Obama administration is “palpable.”

“It’s a denial of the essence of America,” he said. “The Pilgrims left England to go to Holland to seek religious freedom. They came here to seek religious freedom and parental rights for their children. Had this administration been waiting at Plymouth Rock, they would’ve told the Pilgrims to go back home.”

There are nearly 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States. You’d think the Obama administration could find a place eight immigrants who want to live here legally.

Farris said the Supreme Court’s decision not to hear the case sends a chilling message to Americans who currently home school their children.

“This administration thinks it’s a privilege to home school – not a right,” he told me. “We’d better buckle down and be ready to fight them every step of the way.”

As for now, the Romeike family will be able to stay at their four-acre farm in the eastern Tennessee. But it’s only a matter of time before the Obama administration begins formal deportation proceedings.

Last year, I interviewed 15-year-old Daniel Romeike, a soft-spoken boy with aspirations of one day becoming a mechanical engineer. He told me he was afraid of what might happen if the family was deported. He feared being taken from his parents and placed in government custody.

“If I had a chance to talk to President Obama, I would ask him to let us stay in this great country of freedom and opportunity,” Daniel told me.

So on behalf of the Romeike family, I would like personally appeal to President Obama.

Please, Mr. President, have mercy on this Christian family. They came to our shores longing to be free. They left their homeland to escape religious persecution. Please, sir. Welcome them to our land with open arms. Bestow upon them a small measure of grace so they might be able to raise their children in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

Please spare these dear souls.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:58 am »

Seriously - they need to have TERM LIMITS for not only the Supreme Court justices, but for all of the federal appointees as well. This lifetime appointments is really a joke, b/c it gives them the power to do whatever their hearts desires.

Also - if I understand this correctly, for the USSC to HEAR the case, they need at least 4 justices to agree to - meaning that in this particular case, LESS than 4 agreed to. Yep, the courts system is compromised too.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:33:06 pm »

Agreed, term limits for any "elected" position within government.

There also needs to be something done about government officials "retiring" from government "service" and then being hired in an obvious corporate position that relates to what they did while in office. Done all the time by military types. They retire, then next day they go to work for some big military contractor for big bucks in payment for their "services rendered" while in office.

And yes, the courts are indeed compromised. They openly admit to trying to sway the court through presidential appointments to the courts.

The ruling party has always done that with every aspect of government. And when the Republicans get back the White House, watch how much they undo what the Democrats did while in power. That political tactic is about as old as dirt in that world.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:17:42 pm »

http://www.politisite.com/2014/03/04/breaking-romeike-family-granted-indefinite-deferred-status-and-can-stay-in-united-states/
3/4/14
Breaking: Romeike Family granted ‘indefinite deferred status’ and can stay in United States Smiley

Today, a Supervisor with the Department of Homeland Security called a member of our legal team to inform us that the Romeike family has been granted “indefinite deferred status”. This means that the Romeikes can stay in the United States permanently (unless they are convicted of a crime, etc.)

This is an incredible victory that can only be credited to our Almighty God.

We also want to thank those of who spoke up on this issue–including that long ago White House petition. We believe that the public outcry made this possible while God delivered the victory.

Via Home School Legal Defense Association

Michael Farris, chairman for the Home School Legal Defense Association, announced Tuesday afternoon that a supervisor with the Department of Homeland Security said that a Morristown family has been granted “indefinite deferred status.”

Essentially this means that Uwe and Hannelore Romeike and their children can stay in the United States permanently unless they commit a crime or otherwise violate the terms of their status.

The Romeikes immigrated to America from Germany after running afoul of a German law requiring children attend public school or an approved private school offering the state-approved curriculum. The Romeikes, conservative Christians who objected to several parts of the state curriculum, preferred to home school their children.

In refusing to send their children to public school, the Romeikes racked up heavy fines and faced the threat of having their children removed from their home. They left for America before that could happen.

Once in Morristown, they began the long process of seeking political asylum, which was initially granted in 2010, but lost on appeal. In the four years since, the case worked its way to the steps of the Supreme Court which Monday announced it would not hear the case, leaving several of the Romeikes’ supporters in fear that the family would be deported.

Roughly 24 hours later, that was no longer a fear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 18:1  And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Luk 18:2  Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
Luk 18:3  And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
Luk 18:4  And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Luk 18:5  Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
Luk 18:6  And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
Luk 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8  I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: