End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:37:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Jars of Clay Frontman Comes Out in Support of Homosexual ‘Marriage’

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jars of Clay Frontman Comes Out in Support of Homosexual ‘Marriage’  (Read 605 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »

Jars of Clay Frontman Comes Out in Support of Homosexual ‘Marriage’

In a series of assertive Tweets yesterday, Dan Haseltine of the popular band Jars of Clay took to his Twitter account and came out in support of homosexual ‘marriage,’ citing that he does not “particularly care about Scripture’s stance on what is ‘wrong.’”

Haseltine, who is the lead singer of Jars of Clay and whose band became famous for its Christian-themed music, posted to his Twitter account on Wednesday: “Not meaning to stir things up BUT… is there a non-speculative or non ‘slippery slope’ reason why gays shouldn’t marry? I don’t hear one.”

“I’m trying to make sense of the conservative argument. But it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. Feels akin to women’s suffrage. I just don’t see a negative effect to allowing gay marriage. No societal breakdown, no war on traditional marriage. Anyone?” he went on to argue.

“I don’t think Scripture ‘clearly’ states much of anything regarding morality,” Haseltine stated.

According to Matthew 19:4-5, Jesus defined marriage in referring back to Genesis 2:24, ”…Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?’”

Scripture also addresses homosexual behavior in both the Old and New Testaments, warning that immoral sexual activity will lead to death and eternal damnation.

Haseltine argued in one post, however: “I think the vast interpretation [of Scripture] has left room for people to deal inhumanly and unlovingly toward others that don’t fit their guidelines.”

“I don’t particularly care about Scriptures stance on what is ‘wrong,’” he stated in another Tweet. “I care more about how it says we should treat people.”

Jars of Clay was formed in Tennessee in the ’90s and is considered one of the most popular and acclaimed contemporary Christian bands today. In 1995, their self-titled debut album was a major success for the group, reaching beyond Christian radio play to secular audiences.

The group’s single Flood received heavy secular radio airplay and reached #12 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart and #37 on the Hot 100 pop chart. It’s debut album has achieved double-platinum sales in the U.S. since its release, while the group has scored 20 top 10 singles on the contemporary Christian singles charts.

However, Haseltine says that some stations have now decided to stop playing the band’s music due to his recent statements, and some fans have erased Jars of Clay from their music library.

“Caught wind that some radio stations have pulled my music and people are deleting my music from their playlists,” he Tweeted on Thursday. “Why?”

“Because you have decided to support a lifestyle God calls an abomination,” one follower responded. “The fallout was inevitable.”

http://christiannews.net/2014/04/24/jars-of-clay-frontman-comes-out-in-support-of-homosexual-marriage/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:26 pm »

When I thought I became a Christian in 2006, I started to listen to a lot of this CCM(was ignorant at the time of its luciferian deceptions) - JOC was one of the CCMs I listened to regularly then.

From what I've read - CCM/"Christian" Rock is filled with sodomy - no surprise as they rejected our Lord Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:30:45 am »

The Shattering of Jars of Clay

Beginning on Tuesday, April 21st, Dan Haseltine, front-man for the popular Christian band Jars of Clay, took to Twitter to announce his apparent support for same-sex “marriage.” And for the life of him, he can’t figure out a single good reason to oppose it.

It is for reasons like this that we have been sounding the alarm these last 10 years.

In a series of tweets posted over a three-day period, and prompted by a movie he watched while in flight, he wrote: “The treatment of people as less than human based on the color of skin is crazy... Or gender, or sexual orientation for that matter.”

Of course, to compare skin color with “sexual orientation” is to compare apples with oranges, as has been demonstrated many times before.

But that was only the beginning. He added, “Not meaning to stir things up BUT... Is there a non-speculative or non ‘slippery slope’ reason why gays shouldn't marry? I don't hear one.”

This really boggles the mind.

When you’re sliding down a dangerous slippery slope, you don’t say, “Give me one good reason we’re in danger, other than the fact that we’re careening down this deadly slope.”

No. You grab hold of something to stop your fall and then figure out how to climb back to solid ground.

Does this gifted artist not realize that the only reason we’re talking about redefining marriage today is because we are well down that slope already?

This is the day of full-blown incestuous relationships on popular TV shows like Game of Thrones; of other shows glorifying polyamory (married and dating!), polygamy (from Big Love to Sister Wives to My Five Wives), and teen pregnancy; of news reports about the “wedding” of three lesbians. It is the day of almost half of all first-time American mothers having their babies out of wedlock, with cohabitation rates up more than 700% since 1960, and it is against this backdrop that talk of same-sex “marriage” has become prominent.

Do we really want to accelerate the destruction of marriage?

Dan also tweeted, “I'm trying to make sense of the conservative argument. But it doesn't hold up to basic scrutiny. Feels akin to women's suffrage. Is the argument born of isolated application of scripture or is it combined with the knowledge born of friendship with someone who is gay? I just don't see a negative effect to allowing gay marriage.  No societal breakdown, no war on traditional marriage. ?? Anyone?”

Assuming Dan’s sincerity, let me reply to his questions.

First, for years now, Christian leaders have been articulating many good reasons why it is not good for society to redefine marriage, quite apart from the (very valid) slippery slope argument, and some of them have not even used the Bible to prove their points. Important books on the subject include those of Frank Turek, Matthew D. Staver, Erwin Lutzer, and, most recently, Robert P. George, Sherif Girgis, and Ryan T. Andersen, among others.

My YouTube debate on the subject is readily available, and there are fine books outlining the biblical definition of marriage and sexuality, including studies by Andreas Kostenberger and Richard M. Davison.

Second, while there is strong biblical support for gender distinction, there is no support for the oppression of women, which is why the spread of Christianity around the world has had a liberating effect on women over the centuries. In stark contrast, the Bible condemns all forms of homoeroticism (as is recognized by many gay scholars as well), while every single example of God-blessed marriage or romance takes place between a man and a woman.

I have an online lecture that addresses this issue, and I tackle the subject at length in my new book as well. There is simply no comparison between women’s rights and sanctioning homosexual practice.

Third, the argument against same-sex “marriage” is based on the consistent testimony of Scripture, affirmed by Moses, Jesus, and Paul, and it is never contradicted a single time from Genesis to Revelation. Again, I demonstrate this in my new book, and other scholars, most notably Robert A. Gagnon, have argued this persuasively in depth. (Despite many attacks on his work, his arguments stand strong.)

Fourth, many of us have gay friends or relatives, and our positions are motivated by love. But what does having a gay friend or relative have to do with understanding God and his Word? I have dear friends who are very religious Jews, and they are some of the finest people I know, yet I still believe they are lost without Jesus. (And they, of course, see me as gravely deceived.)

Do we rewrite the Bible to accommodate our sentiments towards others, just because they are nice people?

Fifth, as articulated in the books cited in the first point, above, there are many negative consequences to redefining marriage, including: The assault on the freedoms of conscience, speech, and religion of those who do not accept this redefinition; the establishing of households that guarantee that a child will have either no father or no mother; the transformation of children’s education to include the validation of all forms of “marriage”; the continued deconstruction of gender distinctions, leading to all kinds of societal confusion; and much, much more.

It is for good reason that gay activists have long declared that if they can redefine marriage, the rest of their goals will inevitably be realized.

In short, yes, redefining marriage declares a massive war on “traditional marriage” (better framed as “true marriage” or “natural marriage”) and yes, it leads to all kinds of societal breakdown.

Put another way (and this is a question for you, Dan), Do you think that God’s order for marriage and family, established plainly in the Word and recognized by virtually all societies in history, can be thrown aside without consequences?

Dan, you wrote, “Never liked the phrase: ‘Scripture clearly says...(blank) about... Because most people read and interpret scripture wrong.”

Perhaps this is the root of your problem? Is the Bible not clear about anything? Sin? Salvation? Forgiveness? Jesus being the only Savior and Lord? Adultery being bad? Fidelity being good? Shall I list 100 more items that are abundantly clear in Scripture?

But it appears you’re not really certain about many moral issues, based on your tweet that said, “I don't think scripture ‘clearly’ states much of anything regarding morality,” and, “I don't particularly care about Scriptures stance on what is ‘wrong.’ I care more about how it says we should treat people.”

Did you really mean to write this? Is it possible to spend 5 minutes reading God’s precious Word without recognizing that Scripture clearly states a tremendous amount regarding morality and that, without his moral standards, we will never treat others rightly?

You also asked, “Just curious what ‘condoning a persons [sic] homosexuality’ does. Does it change you? Does it hurt someone? What is behind the conviction?”

Do you not realize that couples involved in consensual adult incest (and other relationships) are asking this exact same question? What do you say to them?

Perhaps it is a Jesus-based, Spirit-led, scripturally-grounded morality that is behind our convictions? And if we condone something God opposes – which means that it is not good for the people involved – how are we showing them love? To the contrary, we are actually hurting them.

My brother, as an influential Christian leader, you have a tremendous responsibility before the Lord to those who follow you, especially to impressionable, young believers, and you have not acted wisely by opening up a volatile discussion like this on Twitter.

Were there no godly leaders you could counsel with privately? Was it good stewardship of your popularity and influence to announce your views on Twitter and then expect a substantive dialogue delimited by 140 character tweets? Are subjects like the meaning of marriage and the authority of God’s Word in the life of a Christian now decided by who can come up with the catchier sound bite?

You probably don’t know me from Adam, but I’ll be glad to spend time with you to help you address these issues from the position of grace and truth. My door is open to you, and as one who greatly appreciates the culture-impacting power of music and song, it would be my privilege to meet with you.

That being said, if these tweets expose the soft, scripturally weak underbelly of the contemporary Christian music scene, then let’s put on our seatbelts and expect the worst.

The good news is that this will separate the wheat from the chaff, and in the end, the light will outshine the darkness.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/43605-the-shattering-of-jars-of-clay
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:54:50 am »

This is the day of full-blown incestuous relationships on popular TV shows like Game of Thrones; of other shows glorifying polyamory (married and dating!), polygamy (from Big Love to Sister Wives to My Five Wives), and teen pregnancy; of news reports about the “wedding” of three lesbians. It is the day of almost half of all first-time American mothers having their babies out of wedlock, with cohabitation rates up more than 700% since 1960, and it is against this backdrop that talk of same-sex “marriage” has become prominent.

Exactly! It was all and good that the Apostate Church exposed sodomy through and through, but NOT ONCE(or very rarely, at best) did they expose no-fault divorce, couples co-habituating with each other, etc.(and for that matter too, fed their Millenial generation children with corrupted words like the NIV and Emergent theology)

Ultimately, they ended up not finding the good fight of faith b/c they had a beam in their own eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 06:01:58 pm »

http://standupforthetruth.com/2014/04/jars-clay-lead-says-christian-upbringing-im-way-now/

Posted on: April 24, 2014
Jars of Clay lead says of Christian upbringing: “I’m not that way now.”

I guess I don’t really expect musicians in Christian rock bands to be theological leaders. We follow them for their music, not their biblical literacy. Although at some point we do expect them to act like Christains, especially since they claim in their marketing to be one of us.

So when Jars of Clay frontman Dan Haseltine tweeted support of gay marriage yesterday, fans who expressed disappointment were called haters. In tweet after tweet these past two days, Haseltine doubled-down on his position:

Metro Weekly reported the story this morning, which quickly went viral:

“Not meaning to stir things up BUT… is there a non-speculative or non ‘slippery slope’ reason why gays shouldn’t marry? I don’t hear one.” He went on to write “I’m trying to make sense of the conservative argument. But it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. Feels akin to women’s suffrage. I just don’t see a negative effect to allowing gay marriage. No societal breakdown, no war on traditional marriage. ?? Anyone?”

For many fans, this is all quite new and upsetting. Dan Haseltine is a Christian who has a Christian band playing for Christian churches and youth groups, so naturally we are heartbroken that he is shaking his fist in Jesus’ face. When did Dan depart from truth? Apparently he has been “out” about his beliefs – or rather about walking away from them – for quite a while. In a blog he wrote about his new album two summers ago, he’s pretty clear about what he no longer believes:

…since the themes of the record are very far from evangelical Christianity, the church community will most likely not embrace this record.  Which, on one hand, is a relief.  I am pretty weary from years of pretending to be more of something than I am.  I am tired of carrying evangelical expectations on my shoulders.  I have never been so sure of my faith that I was able to find a true home in the church communities where we played most of our shows.

Our particular style of writing and the perspective that we have written from has not been an easy fit into an artistic community that has such a massive agenda and only a single idea of how that agenda gets accomplished.  I don’t fit there.  I may have at one point.  I did grow up as a youth group kid wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Jesus on it.  I did drive a car with a “Christian” bumper sticker on it.  And at one point, I was sure of who God was, and how God operated.  But I am not that way now.  And so it is impossible to write from that old version of myself. I am in the middle space.          SOURCE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're not the ones to question others' salvation, but nonetheless, when you read these, just keep these verses in mind...

Hebrews 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

2Peter 1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:12  Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
2Pe 1:13  Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
2Pe 1:14  Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:14:08 am »

Jars of Clay Frontman at Odds with Evangelicals Long Before Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Support

After he took to Twitter last week to express his support for same-sex ‘marriage’ and engage in open dialogue about the issue, Jars of Clay frontman Dan Haseltine received a mix of outrage and praise from fans. But according to Haseltine himself, the award winning musician has been at odds with evangelical Christianity long before he pondered the issue of homosexuality.

As previously reported, Haseltine posted to his Twitter account last Wednesday: “Not meaning to stir things up BUT… is there a non-speculative or non ‘slippery slope’ reason why gays shouldn’t marry? I don’t hear one.”

“I’m trying to make sense of the conservative argument,” he continued. “But it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. Feels akin to women’s suffrage. I just don’t see a negative effect to allowing gay marriage. No societal breakdown, no war on traditional marriage. Anyone?”

Haseltine felt the brunt of the fallout in the days that followed, as he explained that some radio stations had decided to stop playing the band’s music due to his statements, and some fans have erased Jars of Clay from their music library.

“Caught wind that some radio stations have pulled my music and people are deleting my music from their playlists,” he Tweeted on Thursday. “Why?”

But Haseltine acknowledges that he has felt out of place with evangelical Christianity for some time. In 2012, while working on Jars of Clay’s latest album Inland, which is largely secular in nature, the singer poured out his thoughts about his struggle in a blog post on his personal website.

“[S ]ince the themes of the record are very far from evangelical Christianity, the church community will most likely not embrace this record,” Haseltine admitted. “Which, on one hand, is a relief. I am pretty weary from years of pretending to be more of something than I am. I am tired of carrying evangelical expectations on my shoulders.”
Connect with Christian News

Haseltine was referring to the expectation that music be overtly Christian and gospel-centered, remarking that evangelicalism  is “such a tiny sliver of the entire pie” of life.

“God gave us a story, and a space to fill. And it isn’t really in the same neighborhood as the evangelical church. And so our music will be disappointing to many,” he stated forthrightly. “People will inevitably engage us with the question, ‘Are you going secular?’ or, ‘Why don’t you sing about Jesus?’ or, ‘How come you don’t share the gospel?’ And some of those people will be angry. … Some will categorize us as ‘back-sliders.’ I wish I had more patience and time for those people.”

“The touch of lips, the close of eyes/They matter more than you surmise,” Dan sings on the band’s song I Don’t Want You to Forget. “I hide it all in secret boxes/Until tomorrow when we first meet.”

However, Haseltine had incorporated mainstream lyrics in the band’s albums for years.

“Cause the rockets we’re in get so cold and I miss your skin,” he sang in the song Closer in 2009. “I want your kite strings tangled in my trees, all wrapped up … I don’t understand why we can’t get close enough/I miss the shivers in my spine every time that we touch.”

In a recent blog post about Haseltine’s remarks in support of same-sex “marriage,” writer James Knight of Classicalite noted that weeks before Haseltine made the Tweet, he also shared a fan-made video of the song Freaks, which he sings with his other band, The Hawk in Paris. The video features clips from the UK television show Skins–namely footage of a drunken **** that includes a pair of lesbians french kissing.

“Fan videos have definitely upped their game,” Haseltine wrote in sharing the video. “Dark … super freaky, sexy… Crazy.”

But it wasn’t until he posted about homosexuality on Twitter last week that many suddenly began to chastise Haseltine for his statements. He responded by again asserting that he had not disavowed Christianity.

“Fascinated by the comments saying I have abandoned Christ and faith,” he wrote. “Get off your ‘jump to conclusions’ mat.”

http://christiannews.net/2014/04/28/jars-of-clay-frontman-at-odds-with-evangelicals-long-before-same-sex-marriage-support/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:51 am »

But it wasn’t until he posted about homosexuality on Twitter last week that many suddenly began to chastise Haseltine for his statements. He responded by again asserting that he had not disavowed Christianity.

And here lies the big problem with the Apostate Church - they act all shocked(all of a sudden) after many, many years of following these people like these JOC types did something wrong for the *first* time, when in fact they've been acting reprobate during their entire careers(and their respective flocks either had their blinders on, and/or were just blind).

Billy Graham is another example - when he did an interview for 2006 in Newsweek, even the Apostate Church started questioning some of his ecumenical comments(BUT had this perception that maybe his declining health made him say these things). But they completely ignored his other similar comments he's made his entire career.

Proverbs 29:25  The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 01:15:57 pm »

Our particular style of writing and the perspective that we have written from has not been an easy fit into an artistic community that has such a massive agenda and only a single idea of how that agenda gets accomplished.  I don’t fit there.  I may have at one point.  I did grow up as a youth group kid wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Jesus on it.  I did drive a car with a “Christian” bumper sticker on it.  And at one point, I was sure of who God was, and how God operated.  But I am not that way now.  And so it is impossible to write from that old version of myself. I am in the middle space.

Ah, so really what he's saying is that churchianity has worn on him and he's seeing what the lie churchianity is preaching is really about. And now "evangelicals" are getting their feathers ruffled? That's funny, and so sad.

As a result of his epiphany, it seems he's now questioning his overall beliefs in Christianity, thus the "middle space" of being agnostic.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:32:52 am »

Jars of Clay, One Week Later

It is now one week since the controversy erupted over the tweets of Dan Haseltine, the lead singer of Jars of Clay, regarding same-sex “marriage.”

Since then, Dan has issued an apology for his poorly worded statements, for his lack of wisdom in raising such critical issues on Twitter, and for dragging the rest of the band into the controversy, while some radio stations have pulled Jars of Clay music and the internet has been abuzz with the story.

In fact, to illustrate just how much coverage the story has received, my own article entitled “The Shattering of Jars of Clay” was shared (not simply read) more than 187,000 times, including more than 177,000 shares on Facebook alone. This is completely off the charts.

I only learned about Dan’s tweets after some gay activist websites began posting articles with headlines proclaiming things like, “Frontman for Christian Band Jars of Clay Speaks Out for Marriage Equality."

Some of these websites are militantly opposed to evangelical Christian beliefs, frequently mocking our faith and labeling us “anti-gay crackpots” or “anti-gay monsters” (to cite those descriptions that are not mixed with vulgarity). Yet it was sites like these that were celebrating Dan’s remarks and then lamenting his subsequent apology.

That’s why I reached out to Dan and Jars of Clay directly via Twitter, asking them to post a simple, clear statement affirming their unequivocal support for marriage as intended and ordained by God (which can only be the union of a man and a woman) and their recognition that homosexual practice is always sinful in God’s sight, also affirming His deep love for every human being, which includes the fact that Jesus shed His blood for heterosexual and homosexual alike.

Is this too much to ask?

Within two days of World’s Vision’s disastrous move in March in support of homosexual “marriage,” they issued a comprehensive apology, reiterating important biblical truths and reversing their decision. And while that alone did not mean that full trust was restored, it did mean that this massive social relief organization recognized that it had betrayed much of its constituency and recognized the seriousness of the matter.

Cannot Jars of Clay do something similar? With so many people looking to them, with such a blessed platform given to them by the Lord, and with so many believers richly ministered to by their music all these years, can’t they just affirm the most basic aspects of marriage, sexual purity and morality? Wouldn’t this be a great proof of the depth of Dan’s apology? And wouldn’t this allow them to get on with their calling without distraction?

Just because left-wing “evangelicals” and liberal Christians claim the issues are not that simple doesn’t mean that the rest of us have to be partners to this deception and error.

In 10 years’ time or 10,000 years’ time, two men or two women joining together will never be a marriage in God’s sight, nor will their sexual union ever be blessed by Him.

Why not state the obvious to remove the specter of doubt that is hanging over Jars of Clay right now?

This can be done with compassion and with a heart to reach out to all those who identify as LGBT, since God’s ways are best for all. (For my free online lectures addressing these subjects, go here and here. To watch a free, online, civil debate between a gay activist, who professes to be a born-again Christian, and me, go here. For those wanting to invest in a full-length study, my new book is highly relevant.)

A woman from West Africa name Caren posted a comment on my website, copying the comments she had previously posted on the Jars of Clay blog. I believe she has articulated the real, deeper issues, and so I reprint her letter here in full. It deserves to be shouted from the rooftops.

She wrote:

“Dan,

“I believe that the battle for marriage equality is not the problem, but the symptom of a much greater issue. It is the uninformed and on-going debates over scripture, the lack of holiness, the considerable compromise of trying to follow Jesus and the world’s ways. It is the overwhelming need for people to satisfy their every desire, follow ever whim, quench every urge and appetite and having the monetary means to do it. Our world is not a world of Godly reverence and submission but of sensual pursuits and intellectual conquests. God is still God and it is by His mercy and grace that we can come before Him and call Him, Father. Where is the fear of the Lord?

“My prayer for you, as a believer that is called to reach so many, is that your heart be enlightened and filled with the truth of God’s word. That you experience true and lasting spiritual revival in Christ. I pray that your heart will burn with the power of God’s love to reach, nurture, and transform lives that are lost and in sin to ones that are free in Him. It is in Christ that we are free, it is in total surrender to Him whatever the costs. My prayer is that you seek Him to ask your questions, in your quiet place, on the floor, on your face in true hunger for more of what only Jesus gives. My prayer is that you spend more time in prayer, than in song. My prayer is that you spend more time in the Bible than on the Internet. My prayer is that you make your calling and election sure.

“I live in West Africa where many Christians are losing their lives for the faith, where infants are starved to death because their family believes they have a curse on their lives, where women who lose their husbands often have only prostitution or destitution as their means for a future. Through it all God is present to meet the needs of those that call on His name…. I have seen the blind see, the sick healed, and the demonized delivered! It is the poor in spirit that inherit the Kingdom!

“The world is not our home and we are not called to follow in it. We are called to preach the gospel, make disciples of all people, lay hands on the sick and watch them recover and cast out demons….that is our calling!

“May He say to you….the great day when we all will stand before Him, ‘Well done, my good and faithful son!’

“Blessings and Peace!”

Dan and Jars of Clay, we are praying for you to honor the Lord, to honor the blood of Jesus, to honor His Word, to honor the beauty of holiness, to honor the sanctity of marriage, and to your honor your many thousands of listeners by standing up for what is right in His sight without ambiguity, equivocation or apology.

The Lord will support you if you do (2 Chr. 16:9), and none of us can live without His support.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/43686-jars-of-clay-one-week-later
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »

Some of these websites are militantly opposed to evangelical Christian beliefs, frequently mocking our faith and labeling us “anti-gay crackpots” or “anti-gay monsters” (to cite those descriptions that are not mixed with vulgarity). Yet it was sites like these that were celebrating Dan’s remarks and then lamenting his subsequent apology.

That’s why I reached out to Dan and Jars of Clay directly via Twitter, asking them to post a simple, clear statement affirming their unequivocal support for marriage as intended and ordained by God (which can only be the union of a man and a woman) and their recognition that homosexual practice is always sinful in God’s sight, also affirming His deep love for every human being, which includes the fact that Jesus shed His blood for heterosexual and homosexual alike.

Is this too much to ask?

Within two days of World’s Vision’s disastrous move in March in support of homosexual “marriage,” they issued a comprehensive apology, reiterating important biblical truths and reversing their decision. And while that alone did not mean that full trust was restored, it did mean that this massive social relief organization recognized that it had betrayed much of its constituency and recognized the seriousness of the matter.

And that's part of their Hegelian Dialectic game - to get a "war of words" going on both sides - by the time they issued their "apology", the damage was already done(to the point where both sides just got worn out).

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: