End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:48:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is it okay to lie in certain situations?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it okay to lie in certain situations?  (Read 456 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2014, 05:50:09 am »

Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Okay in one of Bryan's videos he said how the Nazi's would come to the doors of people and ask if there were any Jews in the house. Alot of Jews got rescued because the owner of the house said there were no Jews there when actually the Jews were hiding there. Bryan said that lying in that situation was okay and not wrong.

Well guess what today i was asked a few times was i taking the medicine i mean legal drugs that i'm prescribed and the doctor asked me if i was taking the full dose when in fact i'm not. If i had told him i was taking the full dose it would have been foolish? If i take the full dose i believe i will be having more problems than what i'm having now. I'm on 3 different legal drugs, Zoloft, Valium and Clozapine yeah some heavy stuff, it is not my will to be on them i was forced onto them and my family have me nailed down to take them if i dont they will tell the doctors and they check to see if i'm taking them or not. i can still type rationally because of my faith in God. if you could pray for me thanks. i just need to know is it okay to lie?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:42:52 am »

Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 8:13  The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 9:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 10:27  The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Proverbs 14:26  In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Pro 14:27  The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Proverbs 16:6  By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Pro 19:23  The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Pro 22:4  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Yes - you're doing the right thing. These pharmaceutical drugs are evil and wicked. So yes, the fact that you're avoiding them shows you're following scripture as just that...walking in the fear of the Lord.

Acts 5:29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

And remember in Acts when Paul said he was a Roman?

Acts 22:24  The chief captain commanded him to be brought into the castle, and bade that he should be examined by scourging; that he might know wherefore they cried so against him.
Act 22:25  And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said unto the centurion that stood by, Is it lawful for you to scourge a man that is a Roman, and uncondemned?
Act 22:26  When the centurion heard that, he went and told the chief captain, saying, Take heed what thou doest: for this man is a Roman.
Act 22:27  Then the chief captain came, and said unto him, Tell me, art thou a Roman? He said, Yea.
Act 22:28  And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born.
Act 22:29  Then straightway they departed from him which should have examined him: and the chief captain also was afraid, after he knew that he was a Roman, and because he had bound him.
Act 22:30  On the morrow, because he would have known the certainty wherefore he was accused of the Jews, he loosed him from his bands, and commanded the chief priests and all their council to appear, and brought Paul down, and set him before them.

Acts 23:1  And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.
Act 23:2  And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
Act 23:3  Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
Act 23:4  And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
Act 23:5  Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
Act 23:6  But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
Act 23:7  And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided.
Act 23:8  For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.
Act 23:9  And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.

Act 23:10  And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.
Act 23:11  And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:49:01 am »

Was just watching this short 4 minute video(which that Ephesians 511 blog guy put out today) - here is a classic example of someone TRUELY lying.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:55:44 am »

Here's some verses regarding lying - read them carefully...

Psalms 31:6  I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.

Psa_31:18  Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Psa_52:3  Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.

Psa_59:12  For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

Psa_109:2  For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.

Proverbs 10:18  He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Proverbs 12:22  Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Ephesians 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »

i just need to know is it okay to lie?

NO! Never. By the law, it's a sin. By faith, it's being deceptive and dishonest borne out of a lack of faith and motivated by fear, which are not good things.

Why would you lie about such a thing? God stands by you when you speak the truth. What do you fear? Men? Or God?

Yes - you're doing the right thing. These pharmaceutical drugs are evil and wicked. So yes, the fact that you're avoiding them shows you're following scripture as just that...walking in the fear of the Lord.

No, he is not BA. He is not avoiding them. He's still taking them because somebody says he must.

I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but what faith is there in abiding by what somebody else says that you believe to be against your faith? The solution is NOT to lie about taking the medicine as you see fit. It's about telling them to stuff it and their medicine, according to your faith.

If you feel you must take the meds, if nothing else to keep the peace, then that's okay (if you don't eat with offense), but don't EVER lie about it. Stand your ground, be steadfast and unmovable in your faith. If you have reduced what you take, tell them, IF they ask. You are not required to give information, but if asked, we are compelled to tell the truth, even if the truth is that you don't want to say, then tell them that, which would be the truth...

...and ALWAYS remember...

"But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost." Mark 13:11 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:09 am »

NO! Never. By the law, it's a sin. By faith, it's being deceptive and dishonest borne out of a lack of faith and motivated by fear, which are not good things.

Why would you lie about such a thing? God stands by you when you speak the truth. What do you fear? Men? Or God?

Ok i read that maybe i didnt explain things fully, if i say i dont take them i risk going to a physc ward to be injected with all sorts of poisons and most likely you wont hear from me again, is that what God wants? Have you been in a psych ward before? i have i know what goes on their. Honestly if you were in my shoes would you risk going to a psych ward to be injected with who knows what? i mean last time i started taking meds again i nearly lost my mind, i couldnt control my thoughts and i was thinking all sorts of bad stuff. i know your right i should obey God.

No, he is not BA. He is not avoiding them. He's still taking them because somebody says he must.

yeah my worldly parents

I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but what faith is there in abiding by what somebody else says that you believe to be against your faith? The solution is NOT to lie about taking the medicine as you see fit. It's about telling them to stuff it and their medicine, according to your faith.

yeah that is going to go down real well, just tell them to stuff it? with my parents watching and wanting me to be on them? do i just go and hide somewhere?

If you feel you must take the meds, if nothing else to keep the peace, then that's okay

how can i take the meds if they are pharmakeia and im committing sorcery because they are mind altering?

...and ALWAYS remember...

"But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost." Mark 13:11 (KJB)

Thanks for the verse

Now about them people that lied about hiding the Jews in their house they should of offered the Jews to the Nazis?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: