End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 03:41:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Feminism has slain our protectors

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feminism has slain our protectors  (Read 13214 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:23:59 am »

This tv show came out when I was in high school - it was very popular among children(like myself then) b/c it was the first "sitcom" for kids and teenagers. It aired on Saturday mornings(when kids were not in school).

This show was predictive programming b/c it had a BIG feminist slant in it - feminist/masculine female characters, and effeminite male characters. I was a lost person then - but nonetheless there was just something that felt WEIRD about this show - yeah, when I thought about it recently, they just craftily pushed the whole sodomy agenda(without mentioning anything about it explicitly).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tobly-mcsmith/how-saved-by-the-bell-helped-me-with-my-gender-transition_b_6060936.html
How Saved by the Bell Helped Me With My Gender Transition
11/1/14

There were no lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender students at Bayside High (but I think we can all agree that Slater was a little gay for Zack). Saved by the Bell, the first-ever Saturday-morning sitcom for kids, was not progressive or challenging in any way; there's no mention of "gay" or "lesbian," not even in Saved by the Bell: The College Years. I should know: As the co-writer of Bayside! The Musical!, a musical parody of Saved by the Bell, I've seen every episode more times than I'd like to admit.

The closest Saved by the Bell came to "handling social issues" was Jessie Spano's crippling addiction to caffeine pills so she could study more. Could you imagine a "very special episode" where the new kid was a transgender youth? Their heads would probably explode.

Saved by the Bell taught me absolutely nothing about gender transition, but co-creating and producing Bayside! has taught me to take big leaps of faith, learn from my mistakes, and believe in myself -- all the tools I needed to come out as transgender several months ago.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but there was a time in my life, about seven years ago, when the subject of transgender people would come up I would get on my righteous (mostly drunken) soapbox and say, "You're born with a body and gender, and it's up to you to accept and learn to live in that body and gender," which sounds like a "lesson" one would learn at the end of an episode of Saved by the Bell. It's obvious that the only person I was trying to convince of this ridiculous theory was me. It's not surprising that I was unhappy, abusive with my alcohol and drugs, and ended up trying to kill myself.

Luckily, I sucked at suicide.

It took me several years to come to terms with my gender dysphoria and start talking about it. I was scared that I was too late in the game. I was 34 years old; how could I make this big of a change now? What would my family think of me? My corporate job? My cats?

Creating art (yes, I'm calling a parody musical about Saved by the Bell "art" right now) and transitioning have a lot in common. They are both processes that require trust and patience. I had to take huge leaps of faith, like investing my life savings into the musical and letting the HR department at my workplace send out a letter to the entire company detailing my gender transition. I had to let go of the results and let people have their own process around it. I have no control over the reaction of the critics and audiences who come to Bayside! every night, just as I had no control over my mom's reaction when I called to tell her I was transitioning. She handled it with love and acceptance -- A-plus parenting. She actually said, "You go, girl!" and then, "I guess I can't say that anymore?"

The most surprising thing about transitioning? Liking my body -- for the first time ever. At night I take off my clothes and look at myself in the mirror. I used to hate my body. I would push and press at it, wanting for something else. I would run millions of miles and starve it down. But I like what I see now.

Zack and Kelly and the students of Bayside will never change. I think we like them that way. There's a certain comfort in that. But I will continue to change -- inside and out. It's messy. It's beautiful. It's imperfect in the most perfect way.

As far as the future is concerned, in the words of Jessie Spano in the grips of her caffeine-pill addiction, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" I'm so not scared of what's next.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: