End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 08:24:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Psalms 63

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psalms 63  (Read 602 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:20 am »

Psalms 63:1  A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
Psa 63:2  To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Psa 63:3  Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Psa 63:4  Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
Psa 63:5  My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
Psa 63:6  When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Psa 63:7  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
Psa 63:8  My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
Psa 63:9  But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
Psa 63:10  They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
Psa 63:11  But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice it says SOUL in verse 9 - yes, I understand that born-again believers like Foxe's Book of Martyrs have been persecuted - but nonetheless when I read this this morning, it seems like the context of this is...

Mat_24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat_24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat_24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Romans 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Ephesians 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2Thes 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 07:48:39 am »

This Psalms passage reminded me of this article I read yesterday(and posted it on another thread in the War on the Family section)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/21/meet-the-young-evangelical-pro-gay-movement.html

Meet the Young, Evangelical, Pro-Gay Movement
A gay 24-year-old evangelical Christian is leading the charge toward tolerance among conservative Bible Belt Christians.

9/21/14

Excerpt:

Matthew, who is himself gay and a Bible-believing Christian from a conservative Christian family, took two years off from his studies at Harvard to research the Biblical injunctions against same sex behavior.

A new breed of young and smart evangelicals is doing that work. And it is probably work that only those who are conservative evangelicals can do. It’s not merely a case of people using language and approaches popular among evangelicals. Rather, this work is being done by those who hold the scriptures in as high a regard as those whose minds they are trying to change on this issue. It means treating these conservative Christians as people whose beliefs about scripture are honorable and worthy, even if ill-informed on this subject. It means meeting these “Bible-believing” Christians on their own terms.

One of this new breed of evangelicals is Matthew Vines, an intense 24-year-old from Kansas who became an internet sensation with his hour-long video on why Bible-believing Christians can and should become affirming of LGBT people.  Despite its length and occasional tediousness, that video has been watched (and re-watched) by nearly 800,000 viewers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to having a fine, meticulous mind, Matthew also has an entrepreneurial gift, and he has launched The Reformation Project, which may very well change evangelical Christianity’s understanding of this issue. The Reformation Project seems to have two goals: to engage conservative Christians in rigorous study of the scripture that has been used to condemn homosexuality and its expression, and to equip those whose minds have been changed with the tools to engage other conservative religious people in this endeavor.

It is not easy work, but it calls the bluff of those who would say “we have to take scripture seriously.” It counters with “okay, let’s really take the scriptures seriously—seriously enough to study them and see what they are really saying in their own context, and let’s be bold enough to entertain the notion that we may have gotten it wrong.” As Matthew Vines himself says, “LGBT people and their allies have to be able to discuss Scripture in a way that is both highly respectful and carefully reasoned from an evangelical theological framework.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't the only example - ultimately, THIS is how they are able to push these wicked and abominable agendas - through many and much talking, dialogue, etc with others. No, they're not going to beat you up, throw you in jail, etc. They're going to come playing nice and engage a nice, long conversation with you(while preying on your weak flesh), and will continue for a very, very long time. They will do it longer than your average persistent message forum troll.

They're not the only ones doing it - even those in the interfaith movement have admitted to using this tactic as well.

Another tactic they use, for example in the MSM, is having FAKE "debates" b/w conservative "evangelicals" vs liberalism types. You can tell it's all scripted - however, the masses(including myself for many years) would fall for it. And what happens in the long run? Everyone just gets worn out and tired over all of these debates and dialogues, that they end up having this mindset "OK - whatever goes, whatever goes".

Ultimately, just avoid, Avoid, AVOID these types - don't think you're going to walk right in, take a stand, and change their minds. And if someone tries to craftily engage you in this discussion - first show them the truth. And if they don't listen, just run, RUN as far away as you can!

1Corinthians 3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:44:35 am »

2Peter 2:7  And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
2Pe 2:9  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: