End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:49:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Bible Story

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bible Story  (Read 1397 times)
rick50

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »

A BIBLE STORY

In Daniel chapter 5 the bible records the slaying of Belshazzar, son of Nebuchadnezzar; and the end of the Babylon Empire in an ancient coup. The city of Babylon remained unscathed as the capitol of the Mede-Persian Empire. Babylon remained an important city for many centuries coming under the rule of Alexander the great, Parthia, Rome, and finally the Arabs. I Peter mentions a Christian church in Babylon. Babylon entered into a slow decline in importance until finally; history teaches that the bricks of Babylon were carried away by the Arabs to build a new city called Baghdad. Today the ruins of Babylon lay some fifty miles from Baghdad. Twenty plus millions of people live in the area that was the Babylonian Empire.

There are numerous unfulfilled prophesies in the bible regarding Babylon. It is said that these judgments will come upon modern Iraq. This is another fable of our time. Iraq will remain a weak country and cannot achieve the greatness attributed to end time Babylon.

Babylon is declared as an end time nation in Revelation chapters 17 and 18. Isaiah 13: 6 declares that God's judgment on Babylon will come during the day of the Lord. Revelation 16: 19 confirms this declaring that the cup of God's wrath is given to Babylon right after the seventh vial of God's wrath has been poured out onto the earth.

Babylon is an exceedingly blessed nation. God has loved his chosen people. The arm of God has been on Babylon. God has performed his pleasure on Babylon. God has called his chosen ones to live in Babylon and through Babylon; God has made the journey of his people prosperous. (Isaiah 48: 14-15) Jacob in this passage of scripture is Covenant Israel. The gentile salvation was hidden in God at this time; but because the gentiles are a wild branch grafted onto the good tree, the gentiles have inherited the blessings of Babylon along with the people of Zion. (Romans 11: 17-24)

Babylon possesses the heritage of God. (Jeremiah 50: 11) Babylon possesses the house of God. (Jeremiah 51:  51) Babylon has historically been a Christian nation; a keeper of God's heritage and his house.

Zion dwells in Babylon. (Zechariah 2: 7) Zion has found a refuge in the land of Babylon. Through the strength of Babylon, God has delivered Zion from the hand of her enemies. (Micah 4: 10)

Babylon is the most glorious kingdom on the earth. (Isaiah 13: 19) It is the beauty of her citizen’s excellence. Babylon is the praise of the whole earth. (Jeremiah 51: 41) Babylon is admired and praised by people all over the world.

Babylon is the lady of kingdoms. (Isaiah 47: 5) Babylon is symbolized by a lady and has a mother country from whom she was born. (Jeremiah 50: 12) Babylon is the hindermost of the great nations. (Jeremiah 50: 12)

Babylon is the hammer of the whole earth. (Jeremiah 50: 23) The military and political power of Babylon is used by her to keep the nations of the world in line with the world system. When necessary, Babylon strikes hard and fast like a hammer; forcing the world nations to cooperate with the world system.

Babylon mounts up to heaven, fortifying the height of her strength. (Jeremiah 51: 53) Babylon projects mighty, military power into the air. She focuses on improving and fortifying her power in the heavens; it is a major component of her power.

Babylon is a mountain that other nations are but rocks in comparison to. (Jeremiah 51: 25) Babylon is a superpower without an equal. She sees herself as being godlike, saying to herself, I am and none beside me. (Isaiah 47:  Cool

Babylon possesses an abundance of enchantments and a multitude of sorceries. (Isaiah 47: 9) Babylon has come into possession of these things through the sciences and technologies she has produced. She has labored in these things from her youth. (Isaiah 47: 12) At the time of her end, it is in these things she will be trusting.

Babylon has many astrologers, star gazers and monthly prognosticators. (Isaiah 47: 13) Many powerful and influential people in Babylon trust in the revelations and fortune telling of these people.

Babylon is a republic, ruled by a multitude of councils. (Isaiah 47: 13) She is wearied from this multitude of councils.

Babylon has a great voice in the affairs of the world. (Jeremiah 51: 55) The voice of Babylon is heard throughout the earth. She has influence over many nations and peoples. Babylon dwells upon many waters. (Jeremiah 51: 13)

The seat of Satan is in Babylon. (Jeremiah 51: 44) The nations of the world flow to the seat of Satan in Babylon.

Babylon has great wisdom and great knowledge but has become perverted by it. (Isaiah 47: 10) Babylon trusts in her wickedness, saying no one sees me. Babylon says in her heart, I am and none beside me.
   The culture of Babylon is polluting God’s people. (Isaiah 47:  6) and many of God’s people are rendered impure and unfit to do God's will.

Babylon is a land of mingled peoples. (Jeremiah 50: 37) The people of Babylon are a people that have come from all over the world to live in her land.

Babylon is a land of graven images and idols. (Jeremiah 50: 38, Jeremiah 51: 47, Jeremiah 51: 52) Yet, the people of Babylon do not worship them as other civilizations have done; this is something the bible does not accuse Babylon of doing.   

Babylon is a fertile land. (Jeremiah 50: 16) She has great farms, storehouses, and livestock. (Jeremiah 50: 26-27) Her land is well watered. (Jeremiah 50: 38) She has underground springs and inland seas. (Jeremiah 51:  36) She has a hot season and a cold season. (Isaiah 47: 14) She has many cities. (Jeremiah 51: 43, Jeremiah 50: 32)

Babylon possesses great riches. (Jeremiah 51: 13) She is abundant in treasures, dwelling on many waters and trading her goods with many peoples and nations. The merchants of Babylon are the great men of earth. (Revelation 18: 23) She makes the merchants of the world rich, buying their merchandise. (Revelation 18: 11, Revelation 18: 15) Babylon is famous for her music. (Revelation 18: 22) Babylon is famous for her craftsmen. (Revelation 18: 22) Babylon is so intent on creating wealth that she lays a heavy yoke upon her old ones. (Isaiah 47: 6)

The people of Babylon dwell carelessly. (Isaiah 47: Cool They dwell carelessly, without fear because the enemies of Babylon dwell on the other side of the earth. (Isaiah 13: 5) Babylon’s enemy is in the northern part of the world and the countries surrounding this northern enemy are also enemies of Babylon. (Jeremiah 50: 9)

The people of Babylon are a people who have given themselves over to pleasures. (Isaiah 47: Cool Pleasures are the priority of her people. The people of Babylon are a prideful people. (Jeremiah 50: 31- 32) The people of Babylon are a covetous people. (Jeremiah 51: 13) The people of Babylon are a people who have grown fat as a heifer at grass and they bellow as bulls. (Jeremiah 50: 11)

Babylon is a destroying mountain that is destroying all the earth through industrial pollution and excessive consumption of the earth’s resources. (Jeremiah 51: 25)

Babylon is a golden cup in the Lords hand making all the nations of the earth drunken with her wine. (Jeremiah 51: 7) Her culture has spread sin of every kind throughout the world.

She will glorify herself, having lived deliciously and saying to herself I sit a queen and am no widow and shall see no sorrow. (Revelation 18: 7)

Rumors of the intentions of Babylon’s government shall be heard in the land for two years. (Jeremiah 51: 46) This will cause unrest, and violence will be in the land. Ruler will turn against ruler but the wicked ones will prevail.

Babylon will persecute people of faith, both Jews and gentiles; oppressing them together and holding them captive. (Jeremiah 50: 33)

Babylon will destroy her heritage in God. (Jeremiah 50: 11)

It is said that the harlot woman is the Catholic Church and the seven heads which are seven mountains are the hills of Rome; but this is a fable. The bible plainly states that the woman is Babylon. (Revelation 17: 5) The seven mountains represented by the seven horns are seven empires Satan has ruled through, oppressing and persecuting the Jews. Hitler’s Germany was probably the seventh who continued a short space; the empire of the Anti Christ is the eighth. (Revelation 17: 9-11)

The woman rides the beast because Babylon is in alliance with the Anti Christ system. She sits on the seven mountains because she has become one of the empires who have persecuted the Jews for Satan. She sits on many waters (Revelation 17: 1) because she has influence over many nations and peoples. (Revelation 17: 15) God calls her a **** because she has gone whoring after other gods. By joining with the Anti Christ system she has fallen. Her land has become the habitation of devils, the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (Revelation 18: 2) The unclean and hateful birds are unclean spirits who have swarmed Babylon to dwell in her people.

The ten kingdoms of the Anti Christ will hate Babylon. Babylon’s northern enemy will plot nuclear war against Babylon with the nations of Asia and with the ten kings of the Anti Christ.   The submarines of Babylon’s enemies will surround Babylon. (This has been seen by someone in a vision, I believe it is authentic.) The armies of Babylon’s enemies will surround Babylon’s armies in the Middle East.  God said recompense her according to her work, according to all that she has done. (Jeremiah 50: 29) Babylon will be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust. Babylon will be destroyed in a single day. (Revelation 18: 8-24)

Babylon has the destiny of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Jeremiah 50: 40) The destruction of Babylon will be as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Isaiah 13: 19) Because of the wrath of the Lord it shall not be inhabited. (Jeremiah 50: 13) It will never be inhabited again. (Isaiah 13: 20- 21) Her cities will be destroyed and her land will be a desert and a wilderness. (Jeremiah 51: 43) Man and beast will depart and none shall dwell therein. (Jeremiah 50: 3) Her people are vanity and the work of errors. In the time of their visitation they will perish. (Jeremiah 51: 17-18) They will cause the slain of Covenant Israel to fall; Babylon is to blame because she could have stopped the war on God's people. (Jeremiah 51: 49) The Sea will come up upon Babylon and she will be covered with the multitude of the waves. (Jeremiah 51: 42) The land of Babylon will be given to the wild beasts of the desert and the wild beasts of the islands. (Jeremiah 50: 39)

During the millennial rule of Jesus Christ on this earth the land of Babylon will be an uninhabited, desert wilderness.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »

Could you post a link for this?

This looks interesting(have my hands full with something else, so will have to read it later).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:19:28 pm »

Just read it(thought I had to do something at the moment, but didn't have to) - anyhow...

I have to disagree about this article's take on who Babylon is - I do strongly believe it's the Vatican(ie-look at all of the world leaders, for example, that come to bow down and kiss the Pope's ring. And look how they've infiltrated Baptist/Protestant churches over the many, many years).

With that being said...

Babylon is the hammer of the whole earth. (Jeremiah 50: 23) The military and political power of Babylon is used by her to keep the nations of the world in line with the world system. When necessary, Babylon strikes hard and fast like a hammer; forcing the world nations to cooperate with the world system.

Babylon mounts up to heaven, fortifying the height of her strength. (Jeremiah 51: 53) Babylon projects mighty, military power into the air. She focuses on improving and fortifying her power in the heavens; it is a major component of her power.

Nonetheless the writer makes some pretty interesting points - the Jesuits, FYI, are a military order. They've all but appointed (puppet)leaders in every nation(ie-a Jesuit played a big role in choosing Obama). And I do believe America is being used by Rome to build up this military industrial complex.

Nahum 3:15  There shall the fire devour thee; the sword shall cut thee off, it shall eat thee up like the cankerworm: make thyself many as the cankerworm, make thyself many as the locusts.
Nah 3:16  Thou hast multiplied thy merchants above the stars of heaven: the cankerworm spoileth, and flieth away.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:35 pm »

Could you post a link for this?

This looks interesting(have my hands full with something else, so will have to read it later).

I wrote it about 12 years ago so there is no link. I suggest you copy and paste it to a computer file if you want to study it. Feel free to use it any way you want to.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 06:37:38 am »

Just read it(thought I had to do something at the moment, but didn't have to) - anyhow...

I have to disagree about this article's take on who Babylon is - I do strongly believe it's the Vatican(ie-look at all of the world leaders, for example, that come to bow down and kiss the Pope's ring. And look how they've infiltrated Baptist/Protestant churches over the many, many years).

With that being said...

Nonetheless the writer makes some pretty interesting points - the Jesuits, FYI, are a military order. They've all but appointed (puppet)leaders in every nation(ie-a Jesuit played a big role in choosing Obama). And I do believe America is being used by Rome to build up this military industrial complex.

Nahum 3:15  There shall the fire devour thee; the sword shall cut thee off, it shall eat thee up like the cankerworm: make thyself many as the cankerworm, make thyself many as the locusts.
Nah 3:16  Thou hast multiplied thy merchants above the stars of heaven: the cankerworm spoileth, and flieth away.

In addition to several verses there are about 6 chapters of scripture that talk about Babylon the Great.
These are Isaiah 13 and 47, Jeremiah 50 and 51, Revelation 17 and 18.

All 6 chapters of scripture prophecy the terrible judgement that will destroy Babylon. In verse after verse these scripture reveal characteristics and attributes of Babylon. Collectively they add up to a large number of indicators of Babylon`s identity. The real Babylon the Great must possess every characteristic and every attribute revealed by scripture. The list of political and/or religeous entities that can do that is very short.

Frankly I wish I could say it is the Catholic Church but they miss the mark in many areas.

It`s possible that the pope could become the False Prophet of the anti-christ. But I question even that.

Peter warns us that Judgement begins with the house of God. It`s my opinion that apostate Christianity will be swept away and destroyed by the great tribulation. I don`t see the pope becoming an anti-christ insider.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 09:11:40 am »

Peter warns us that Judgement begins with the house of God. It`s my opinion that apostate Christianity will be swept away and destroyed by the great tribulation. I don`t see the pope becoming an anti-christ insider.

Apostate churches by and large now have flat screen tvs behind their pulpits - no, it's not just the big megachurches/First Baptists, Presbyterians et al that do so - even medium sized churches do so as well.

It's not like they're doing so b/c they have no time on their hands - there's a reason for it.(even worse - instead of the pews reading out of the hymns and bibles for themselves - they are just starring at a tv screen the entire time. Talk about mind control)

When the AC shows up(kicking off the Daniel 9:27 prophecy), don't be surprised to see this false Jesus-looking figure show up on these very tv screens in these "churches".
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

Apostate churches by and large now have flat screen tvs behind their pulpits - no, it's not just the big megachurches/First Baptists, Presbyterians et al that do so - even medium sized churches do so as well.

It's not like they're doing so b/c they have no time on their hands - there's a reason for it.(even worse - instead of the pews reading out of the hymns and bibles for themselves - they are just starring at a tv screen the entire time. Talk about mind control)

When the AC shows up(kicking off the Daniel 9:27 prophecy), don't be surprised to see this false Jesus-looking figure show up on these very tv screens in these "churches".

The antichrist will viciously attack any form of Christianity there is. He`s not going care if it is apostate or not because his intent will be to replace Christianity with his own religeon.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 03:33:43 pm »

And the epistles don't say one word about devil possession(from Romans to Jude, that is). Here's why...

2Corinthians 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Corinthians 11:12  But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Co 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

Isn’t Babylon The Great where the world is headed otherwise known as the New World Order?

World mercantile systems are already interconnected and therefore subject to control. Pride, arrogance, lying, murder, love of money, love of hedonism are developing now. Demon worship is being promoted openly now. There are plans for outright global governance. All of these things are systems of men being built by the hands of men. This particularly applies to Western english-speaking nations.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:43 pm »

Isn’t Babylon The Great where the world is headed otherwise known as the New World Order?

World mercantile systems are already interconnected and therefore subject to control. Pride, arrogance, lying, murder, love of money, love of hedonism are developing now. Demon worship is being promoted openly now. There are plans for outright global governance. All of these things are systems of men being built by the hands of men. This particularly applies to Western english-speaking nations.

Let me challenge you with this.

Study these 6 chapters: Isaiah 13 and 47, Jeremiah 50 and 51, Revelation 17 and 18.

Use a King James because other translations change things.

Pay attention to the characteristics and attributes that are revealed. (i.e Babylon has a mother, is called the lady of kingdoms, has borders,lakes,rivers, farms, and cities, controls world trade etc etc etc)

Then give me your opinion on who you think it is.

Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »

The profile certainly seems to fit the United States as a nation. But what about the people within? Many are children of God, called to be there for now. Many are not.

A few verses refer to Babylon being against Israel. This hasn’t happened yet. The US sends Israel money, military equipment, training and allows Israelis to practically run the country despite having been militarily attacked. If one wants to say that the culture of the US led the jews astray, then maybe. Or is it the other way around?

Then there’s that little issue of jews that call themselves jews and are not but do lie.

A nuclear exchange between Russia and the US would certainly delay things. But the hidden rulers of this earth, the same that provoked this calamity, would not be eliminated. They have no borders. In a way, it would be a reprieve. A further chance for people on the planet to turn to Christ.

Another thing I considered – national borders change over time. I can’t assume that the artificial, man-made international borders are fixed enough to establish Babylon at this time.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 12:40:24 am »

The profile certainly seems to fit the United States as a nation. But what about the people within? Many are children of God, called to be there for now. Many are not.

(When Israel fell into judgement there was always a righteous remnant that suffered along with the rest. God said his inheritance in Babylon is polluted so you tell me.)

A few verses refer to Babylon being against Israel. This hasn’t happened yet. The US sends Israel money, military equipment, training and allows Israelis to practically run the country despite having been militarily attacked. If one wants to say that the culture of the US led the jews astray, then maybe. Or is it the other way around?

(The only reason the government hasn`t completely turned on Israel is because it`s not a politically viable option yet. Israel still has a lot of backers in the US. However, I believe that time is coming and is very soon.The government would much rather be backing the Arabs and makes every effort to do so.)

Then there’s that little issue of jews that call themselves jews and are not but do lie.

( They are out there and they are the richest, most powerful little group in the world. Very few of them live in Israel.)

A nuclear exchange between Russia and the US would certainly delay things. But the hidden rulers of this earth, the same that provoked this calamity, would not be eliminated. They have no borders. In a way, it would be a reprieve. A further chance for people on the planet to turn to Christ.

(The Babylon prophecies are describing a one sided attack not an exchange. And I don`t think it delays anything but rather it is one the major end of age events.)

Another thing I considered – national borders change over time. I can’t assume that the artificial, man-made international borders are fixed enough to establish Babylon at this time.

( My little article is the first comentary I ever tried to write and it isn`t a very good one. I was attempting to provoke people into looking at the characteristics and attributes I am talking about. Do a google search on Babylon the Great and you`ll pull up better info then I have to give. Some of it`s pretty intense but it`s good reads.)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:43:15 am by rick50 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: