End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:48:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wiccan Priest Opens Alabama City Council Meeting

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiccan Priest Opens Alabama City Council Meeting  (Read 303 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:49:24 am »

Wiccan Priest Opens Alabama City Council Meeting With Invocation to ‘Gentle Goddess, Loving God’

A Wiccan priest opened an Alabama city council meeting with an invocation to the ‘gentle goddess and loving god’ this past week in an effort to make the prayers that open each session more diverse, appeasing church-state separation groups.

“O gentle goddess and loving god, we thank you for the beauties and the wonders of the day that you have given to us, and for the opportunity we have this evening to assemble here and work together to make Huntsville a better city for all of its residents,” Blake Kirk led those in attendance at the Huntsville City Council meeting on Thursday.

“We ask that you grant to the councilors and other officials present here tonight the wisdom they will need to make the best decisions that they may for the governance of our city,” he continued. “And further, we ask that you visit upon these chambers a spirit of peace and comity, so that all who need to speak before the council this evening may do so in an atmosphere of courtesy and respect, without needless anger or hostility.”

The majority of prayers being offered at Huntsville’s meetings have been Christian as the area is largely populated by Christian churches. However, in 2012, the Madison,Wisconsin-based Freedom from Religion Foundation threatened to file suit over the prayers predominantly in Jesus’ name, and further contended that the practice of any kind of prayer at city council meetings was “unnecessary, inappropriate and divisive.”

“Council members are free to pray privately or to worship on their own time in their own way. They do not need to worship on taxpayers’ time,” a letter from the organization asserted.

In a compromise on the matter, Huntsville officials decided to open up the invocations to other religions in order to be more diverse in its presentation. In September, atheist Kelly McCauley of the North Alabama Freethought Association spoke during the meeting, referencing the virtues that had been lauded by those of the days of old.

“When the ancients considered the values that were proper and necessary for the good governance of a peaceful productive society, they brought to our minds the virtues of wisdom, courage, justice and moderation,” he said. “These values have stood the test of time.”

However, this past June, area residents were outraged when they learned that the city had agreed to allow a “Priest of the Oak, Ash and Thorn tradition of Wicca” to pray at an upcoming meeting. Officials then rescinded the invitation, citing concerns from the community.

“I gave the invocation earlier this year. At the time they did not ask me what my faith affiliation was, but when they did this time and I told them ‘Wiccan,’ I was told I was no longer invited to give it,” Kirk told television station WHNT.

But the city said that it didn’t completely ban the Wiccan priest, but rather wanted to lie low until the controversy had subsided.

“We decided to pull back, to do some education maybe, and to introduce him more gently at another time,” said Huntsville City Attorney Peter Joffrion.

That time was this past Thursday. Some remain opposed to the idea.

“The Christian Church is a part of the fabric of the Huntsville community. There is one on every corner. Wicca not so much,” wrote one commenter. “The devil is laughing.”

- See more at: http://christiannews.net/2014/11/08/wiccan-priest-opens-alabama-city-council-meeting-with-invocation-to-gentle-goddess-loving-god/#sthash.rWnGL8Gl.dpuf
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:00:07 am »

The majority of prayers being offered at Huntsville’s meetings have been Christian as the area is largely populated by Christian churches. However, in 2012, the Madison,Wisconsin-based Freedom from Religion Foundation threatened to file suit over the prayers predominantly in Jesus’ name, and further contended that the practice of any kind of prayer at city council meetings was “unnecessary, inappropriate and divisive.”

It's been a long, long time since I've been in Huntsville - I was born in this city, and lived there for about 9 years. Back then, it was more or less a small town, albeit population wise(with lots of empty land). However, last I heard a decade ago, pretty much all of the empty land has been turned into neighborhoods and apartment complexes(ie-places in my old neighborhood that were used for recreational fields et al have been turned into just that).

With that being said - this city is hardly Christian(don't care how many "churches" there are) - there was this one "church" who did a bus ministry by going around neighborhoods to pick up children(and children alone, that is). I went there for a couple of years - I didn't think about it until recently - but it's obvious they were thumbing their noses at the children's respective parents. Ultimately, it's the PARENTS jobs to raise their children with biblical standards - and for that matter too, leaving your children like this could open up dangers like exposing them to pedifile.

And that children's church I attended really didn't do anything but sing songs and have recreational activities.

About this article - this is the rotten fruits of "religious freedom" - the Apostate Church wanted it, now they got it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: