End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 07:58:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

It can't happen here? Kent Hovind Case

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It can't happen here? Kent Hovind Case  (Read 8743 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 04:54:28 am »

So the only charge they found him guilty of is criminal contempt of court? And it was from 2007, and not 2012? That's it? And there's a hung jury on the rest of them?

How long are they going to drag out this soap opera they're manufacturing?

it surprised me too that this happened but see what they got him on "Count 3 Criminal Contempt of Court – Guilty" this means from what i've been reading that the judge can sentence however many years she wants on this one and then there is an appeal process too so it's not over yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 05:20:38 am »

Im glad the truth has come out in this. The way it was explained to me back in 2006 was all about tax evasion. The posts are still up on prison planet. Prayfully they will release him on June 12.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 06:17:38 am »

Jury Deadlocked on Three of Four Charges Against Incarcerated Evolutionary Foe Kent Hovind

PENSACOLA, Fla. – A jury that contemplated four new charges that could have put an imprisoned creation science evangelist who refuted evolutionary theory behind bars for life was unable to agree on three of the charges filed against him.

As previously reported, Kent Hovind, the founder of Creation Science Evangelism out of Pensacola, Florida, has been fighting charges of mail fraud and contempt for contesting liens against a number of properties that had been seized by the government several years ago.

He has been incarcerated since 2007 over 58 federal counts, 45 of which centered on alleged “structuring,” a term that refers to breaking up one’s banking transactions into smaller amounts in order to avoid reporting.

In regard to Hovind’s specific charges, the minister and his wife had made dozens of cash withdrawals of just over $9,000 each over a year’s time, and the government asserted that he was attempting to “obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws.” However, Hovind said that he paid for his ministry expenses in cash and was not seeking to evade any laws as anything over $10,000 was reported as required.

The government also leveled tax evasion charges against Hovind, who traveled the nation presenting talks about science and the Bible, as he had considered his ministry to be a church and considered himself to be a minister. Churches are not required to file taxes and are automatically exempt under the law.

But an official with Pensacola Christian College reported Hovind to the IRS, which concluded that those at Creation Science Evangelism did not technically consider the ministry to be their church. The government likewise did not believe Hovind when he said that those who served with him were missionaries but not employees. Hovind also stated that he did not receive any personal compensation from the ministry.

The IRS subsequently ordered Hovind to pay payroll taxes as it would not permit Creation Science Evangelism to be classified as a church, and since it did not believe that those who worked for him were independent contractor missionaries.

Connect with Christian News

In 2004, Hovind’s home was raided by IRS agents, and tax liens were placed against 10 properties relating to his biblical theme park. He filed three separate lawsuits against the government in an attempt to stop the proceedings, which he viewed as harassment, but was unsuccessful.

In 2006, the case went to trial, and a jury convicted him on all 58 counts. His wife, Jo Delia, was convicted on 44 counts. In January 2007, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and remains incarcerated to this day.

As Hovind has been seeking to contest the lien from behind bars, he was subsequently charged with mail fraud, conspiracy to commit mail fraud and contempt. According to the Pensacola News Journal, years ago, Hovind had been prohibited under a court order not to contest the government’s lien on the properties. Because he did file papers, including a “lis pendens,” which warns potential buyers that the land is under dispute, he was charged with contempt. The mail fraud charges were for actually mailing the documents from prison.

But a jury was unconvinced that Hovind, and ministry trustee Paul Hanson, had sought to defraud the government by mailing the documents. As they deadlocked and could not come to an agreement on three of the four charges against Hovind, the evolutionary foe was declared guilty of only the contempt charge.

While supporters are disappointed that the jury declared Hovind guilty of any of the charges at all, they state that they are thankful for the outcome for the most part.

“I think the Lord God Almighty worked in a mighty way here,” Free Kent Hovind organizer Rudy Davis told reporters. “They threw their best lawyers; they had five days of prosecution; they read hundreds of documents, hundreds of emails, voicemails they had sequestered—everything they could throw at the man.”

Sentencing is set for June 12.

http://christiannews.net/2015/03/14/jury-deadlocked-on-three-of-four-charges-against-incarcerated-evolutionary-foe-kent-hovind/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »

But an official with Pensacola Christian College reported Hovind to the IRS, which concluded that those at Creation Science Evangelism did not technically consider the ministry to be their church. The government likewise did not believe Hovind when he said that those who served with him were missionaries but not employees. Hovind also stated that he did not receive any personal compensation from the ministry.

As you can see - it wasn't some lost government official, nor Obama, nor some hard-hearted atheist, etc that turned on him - it was a PROFESSING CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION that did so! And a 501c3 to boot! Nonetheless, scripture is prophetic here...

Psalms 55:12  For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
Psa 55:13  But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
Psa 55:14  We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.
Psa 55:15  Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 07:06:55 am »

I have not listened to this yet
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »

BREAKING: Kent Hovind May Face Retrial Over Hung Jury

Kent Hovind spoke with his public defender, Thomas Keith, today – he was told that US Judge Margaret Casey Rodgers (Judge Rodgers), US Prosecutor Tiffany Eggers, J. Ryan Love, Pamela Marsh and IRS Agent Scott Scheider may retry Kent Hovind and Paul Hansen over hung jury decisions.

Utilize this time to further spread the Good word of God, spread the gospel! The devil and enemies want to try and tire us out. Ask God for energy to continue the Good Fight.

We need to do the following:

1 - Bombard Pensacola FL churches and residents with information on Kent Hovind and the Good Word of the Lord.

2 - Continue exposing criminality and corruption in America, especially what is transpiring in Kent Hovind’s tribulation.

3 - Use this time to spread IRS corruption, how they apologized for abusing structuring laws and have illegally seized over a quarter billion from Americans since 2006 (when Kent Hovind was indicted).

4 - Use Judge Rodgers background as a way to sway potential jury members in future case.

5 - Continue calling, email and writing letters every day to all addresses at Help Free Kent.

6 - Do not get involved with the enemy and devils defaming Kent Hovind. They are not worth your time. They are babbling goats and God will take care of them.

Watch Kent Hovind update below (or on youtube):

Psalm 59:
Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
3 For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O Lord.
4 They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
5 Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
6 They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
7 Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
8 But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
10 The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
11 Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
13 Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
14 And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
15 Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

March 17, 2015 | Blog | 2
http://freekenthovind.com/2015/03/17/breaking-kent-hovind-may-face-retrial-over-hung-jury/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 10:46:36 pm »

THIS is why Hovind is still in prison!

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 02:11:08 pm »

Kents attorneys need to read this story

Federal Government to Return $107,702 Seized From North Carolina Convenience Store Owner

After months of sleepless nights since having more than $107,700 seized by the Internal Revenue Service, L&M Convenience Mart owner Lyndon McLellan learned yesterday the government decided to dismiss the case that lost him his money.

“It’s a relief to know that you’re getting something back that’s yours to start with,” McLellan told The Daily Signal. “I wanted [the government] to do what was right, and I felt what was right was for me to get my money back.”

According to documents filed with the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina yesterday, U.S. Attorney Thomas Walker cited changes to the Department of Justice’s policy regarding civil asset forfeiture made in March as the reason for dropping the lawsuit against the $107,702.66 seized from McLellan’s bank account in July.

“We’re thrilled that the government has recognized that what they were doing to Lyndon was wrong and that they’ve dropped the attempt to forfeit Lyndon’s money,” Robert Johnson, a lawyer at the Institute for Justice who represents McLellan, told The Daily Signal. “This case was a mistake and unconstitutional from the start, and we’re just glad the government has recognized that.”

However, Johnson said it could be months before the government returns the money.

McLellan owns L&M Convenience Mart in Fairmont, N.C., a restaurant and store that opened in 2001. Last year, the Internal Revenue Service seized all of the money in the store’s bank account—$107,702.66—after accusing McLellan of committing structuring violations.

McLellan, though, was never charged with a crime.

The Daily Signal reported on McLellan’s fight to get his money back on Monday.

Structuring involves making consistent cash deposits of less than $10,000 into a bank account for the purpose of avoiding reporting requirements. The procedure began as a way to combat money laundering and drug trafficking. However, more and more instances have come to light where innocent Americans have committed structuring violations without knowing it. Angry

Under a subset of civil asset forfeiture laws that regulates cash deposits, the government can seize money from those accused of structuring violations, as it did in McLellan’s case.

Though the government will return all of the money it seized from McLellan, it dismissed the case without covering the store owner’s legal fees and expenses, as well as interest on the money.

In 2000, Congress passed a law that entitles McLellan to those fees and expenses, which total more than $20,000.

Additionally, government policies require the $107,702 seized is kept in an interest-bearing account. Though McLellan will receive the money, the government wants to keep the interest earned.

Johnson told The Daily Signal he will fight to ensure McLellan has legal fees, expenses and interest repaid.

“Ultimately, the important thing is Lyndon is getting his money back. The government is doing the right thing,” he said. “But at the same time, the government needs to make Lyndon whole.”

“They came into his store and turned his life upside down, caused him all kinds of heartache and expense, and now they’re just trying to walk away as if nothing happened and forcing Lyndon to bear all those costs,” Johnson continued. “It wasn’t right to begin with, and Lyndon shouldn’t be the one left holding the bag at the end of the day.”

Following media coverage of several high profile cases involving Americans who unknowingly committed structuring violations and had money seized, the Internal Revenue Service announced last year it would only pursue structuring violations in instances where the money was tied to a crime.

Then why is Hovind going on trial in 3 days?

In March, the Department of Justice followed suit.

Then why is Hovind going on trial in 3 days?

In court filings, Walker stated that though the policy change is not retroactive, the government would no longer pursue the case.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/05/14/federal-government-to-return-107702-irs-seized-from-north-carolina-convenience-store-owner/
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 04:29:15 am »

Charges dropped against Kent Hovind!! Grin

Brother KENT HOVIND is going HOME! PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 05:23:58 am »

Kent Hovind In Pensacola - Looks Like No Trial On Monday

The retrial of Kent Hovind and Paul John Hansen on fraud and conspiracy charges was scheduled to commence on Monday in Pensacola. Last minute motions for a dismissal crafted with assistance from the United States Justice Foundation prompted the United States attorney to apply for a continuance, but  Judge Margaret Casey Rodgers indicated that she would brook no delay.  Much to the delight of Kent Hovind’s supporters the Government has moved to dismiss the remaining counts of the indictment without prejudice.

Rudy Davis has deferred his interest in matters such as geocentrism and the illegitimacy of the Obama presidency to make his youtube channel LoneStar1776 ”All Doc Dino, All The time” with more than daily calls from Kent Hovind at the Santa Rosa County Jail and much other material.  Along with the website #FreeKent , Rudy and his wife Erin have been prime movers in a vigorous social media campaign in support of Hovindication which has as its goals not only dropping current charges against Kent Hovind, but a reversal of his 2006 structuring conviction, return of property seized from Creation Science Evangelism  and Kent Hovind testifying before Congress on IRS abuse.

Hovindindicators tend to see the matter as the forces of darkness against the forces of light with the people involved in Kent’s trial being altogether wicked.

Kent Hovind has been honing his narrative on a variety of extreme right evangelical/conspiracy platforms such,  as Alex Jones, Pete Santilli and Dave Daubenmire.  In his interview with Joyce Reilly on May 11 it boiled down to the IRS investigating him, presumably because of his work in exposing the lies of evolution, and being able to find nothing then trumping up the structuring charges – i.e. taking money out of the bank in amounts less than $10,000.

The current charges relate back to his 2006 conviction.  Besides his ten year sentence, over $400,000 in structured funds were forfeited.  Kent having no cash, property of Creation Science Evangelism, which was deemed an alter ego of Kent Hovind, was seized.  Kent believes that his conviction will be reversed and on the advice of his real estate genius cellmate he filed a “Bivens claim” against prison officials who interfered with an appeal of his conviction.  As a follow on to that he filed a “lis pendens” on some of the seized properties to warn buyers that the United States’s title to the property was in dispute.  That is the basis of his contempt of court charge, on which he was convicted in March, and the fraud and conspiracy charges

Kent will often state that he is an innocent man who has not broken any laws and has paid every tax that he owes.  Rudy Davis sums up the criminal prosecution as Kent Hovind getting ten years for taking his own money out of the bank and now being threatened with life in prison for mailing a letter.

Some Flaws In the Hovindication Narrative

It is clear that the IRS had reason to be interested in Kent Hovind independent of his teachings on evolution.  In CSE 103 Class 6 Topic “Income tax”, Kent indicated that he had not filed Form 1040 in 28 years and did not believe that there was any law that required him to.  He gives a qualified endorsement to Irwin Schiff, perhaps the grandfather of most of the frivolous arguments that continue to clog the courts.

Although Kent insists that he is not a tax protester, much as he admires them, you can still here the tax protester rhetoric in some of his interviews as when he told me that the IRS is a Puerto Rican collection agency.

Also even though Kent was not charged with tax evasion, the investigation of his personal tax situation was not fruitless as it resulted in civil liability, confirmed by the Tax Court and the Eleventh Circuit, in excess of $3 million. Also his 2006 conviction was not just for structuring.  There were twelve counts for not filing and paying payroll taxes on Creation Science Evangelism employees and one count of “corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws”.

No Trial On Monday

It had been expected that the government’s case would have moved more quickly this time than it did in March as Paul Hansen has stipulated to the authenticity of documents forgoing the need for testimony from notaries and fingerprint experts. Paul Hansen going pro se had promised to put on a defense based on territorial jurisdiction.  Hansen believes that federal statute law only applies on land owned by the federal government unless they use one of their tricks that make you contract with the government, but he is wise to all that.  Thanks to the work of the United States Justice Foundation, we won’t get to see how Hansen’s theories would have worked.

The Hovindicators had projected a much larger turnout both in front of and inside of the courtroom and there are some rumblings about counter-demonstrations by the militantly rational.  Ernie Land, Kent Hovind’s consigliere, based on conversations with jurors from the first trial, was encouraging the Hovinvidicators to take a positive loving tack in the streets with an emphasis on what a mensch Kent Hovind is. Now the word is going out for everybody to stay home.

Ernie points out what I agree was one of the serious weaknesses in the government’s case.  Due to his incarceration everything Kent has done has been in the open, so while it might be reasonable to have convicted him on contempt of court, it seems to be an uphill battle to argue for fraud and conspiracy.  Apparently the government may have also reached that conclusion

I have a team headed by Jonathan Schwartz of Interlock Media that had been geared up to be cover he trial, the events outside the courtroom and dig up more background on the story like this interview with Bill Caplinger who had a lot of contact with Kent Hovind while at the Universtiy of West Florida

Jonathan will be in court on Monday to report on the proceedings.

Hansen and Hovind are not out of the woods. They still face sentencing on the March contempt convictions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2015/05/16/kent-hovind-in-pensacola-the-trial-must-go-on/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 09:21:07 am »

Free Kent Hovind Movement Has Big Win

Kent Hovind’s supporters may have been premature in their celebrations this weekend, but tonight they really do have something to celebrate.   Judge Margaret Casey Rodgers has granted Kent Hovind’s motion for a judgment of acquittal on the contempt of court charge that he was convicted of in March.  Kent Hovind nearing the end of a long prison sentence for tax related crimes, including structuring, the systematic withdrawal of amounts slightly less than $10,000 to avoid currency reporting requirements, was facing new charges.  They related to his efforts to interfere with the government’s sale of property seized as a result of the first conviction.

In March a jury found Kent Hovind and his co-defendant Paul Hansen guilty of contempt of court, but did not reach a verdict on more serious fraud and conspiracy.  Retrial on those charges was scheduled to begin today.  In a surprising move the government requested that the charges be dismissed without prejudice (which would allow them to be filed again). Hovind’s counsel argued today that the dismissal should be with prejudice.  Judge Rodgers has order dismissal without prejudice.  The Government had moved to dismiss based on the defendant’s concerns about the technical sufficiency of the superseding indictment and to be sure that defendants are adequately apprised of the nature of the acquisition against them. Nobody was contesting the Government’s stated reasons so the dismissal is without prejudice.

The real stunner from Judge Rodgers, though, is the acquittal.  Dee Holmes, who was in the courtroom today pointed out the key language in the ruling.

The question though is whether Hovind’s conduct –particularly, the filing of the lis pendens–was clearly prohibited by the Forfeiture Order. The Forfeiture Order does not specifically prohibit Hovind from filing lis pendens against the forfeited properties; indeed, the Order does not prohibit any conduct at all. Instead, it simply forfeited the real property in partial substitution for the money forfeiture judgment.The Government has not cited any authority for the proposition that Hovind can be guilty of contempt for interfering with or evading an Order that did not speak directly to his conduct. Thus, the guilty verdict on Count Three cannot stand,

I just heard from one of the white collar crime experts who has been helping me follow the case.

Wow!  Good for her!   Will be even more interesting now to see whether govt goes back to the grand jury for a superseding indictment that better articulates a mail/wire fraud theory.  Normally, the Tax Division of the USDOJ does not authorize the use of the mail fraud statute to pursue tax cases. Perhaps the second case is now really over.

Although Kent’s supporters will, of course, give all credit for this victory to Jesus, they are likely to give a good hat tip to the United States Justice Foundation.  As far as I can tell credit for picking USJF goes to Dave Daubenmire and Ernie Land.  You also have to give Kent Hovind credit for going with a conventional defense.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2015/05/18/free-kent-hovind-movement-has-big-win/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:14 am »

Judge Grants Acquittal of Contempt Indictment Against Evolutionary Foe Kent Hovind

The U.S. district judge that has been overseeing the case of an imprisoned creation science evangelist has granted a motion for acquittal surrounding a contempt charge involving the contesting a property lien while incarcerated.

As previously reported, Kent Hovind, the founder of Creation Science Evangelism out of Pensacola, Florida, had been fighting charges of mail fraud and contempt for fighting liens against ministry property that had been seized by the government several years ago. A jury deadlocked on three of the four charges in March, but he was convicted of contempt, for which he was supposed to have been sentenced in June. That conviction is now no more.

Hovind has been incarcerated since 2007 over 58 federal counts, 45 of which centered on alleged “structuring,” a term that refers to breaking up one’s banking transactions into smaller amounts in order to avoid reporting. The original intent of the law had reportedly been to catch drug dealers and money launderers.

In regard to Hovind’s specific charges, the minister and his wife had made dozens of cash withdrawals of just over $9,000 each over a year’s time, and the government asserted that he was attempting to “obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws.” However, Hovind said that he paid for his ministry expenses in cash—including compensation for those involved with Creation Science Evangelism—and was not seeking to evade any laws as anything over $10,000 was reported as required.

In addition to structuring charges, Hovind was leveled with twelve counts of failing to pay payroll taxes. However, he stated that considered those who worked with the ministry to be independent contractors responsible for paying their own taxes and not employees.

Hovind was not charged with tax evasion, but in 2004, his home was raided by IRS agents, and tax liens were placed against 10 properties relating to his biblical theme park. He filed three separate lawsuits against the government in an attempt to stop the proceedings, which he viewed as harassment, but was unsuccessful.

In 2006, the case went to trial, and a jury convicted him on all 58 counts. His wife, Jo Delia, was convicted on 44 counts. In January 2007, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and remains incarcerated to this day.

Connect with Christian News

As Hovind has been seeking to contest the lien from behind bars, he was subsequently charged with two counts of mail fraud, one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and one count of contempt. Concerns were raised that he could spend life behind bars for mailing legal documents about the lein from jail.

According to the Pensacola News Journal, years ago, Hovind had been prohibited under a court order not to contest the government’s lien on the properties. Because he did file papers, including a “lis pendens,” which warns potential buyers that the land is under dispute, he was charged with contempt. The mail fraud charges were for actually mailing the documents from prison.

But in March, jurors deadlocked on all but the contempt charge as they could not come to an agreement over the mail fraud accusations. He was to have faced a retrial this week, but over the weekend, federal prosecutors filed a motion to drop the remaining charges against Hovind without prejudice. Hovind’s attorneys had done the same.

On Monday, United States District Court Judge M. Casey Rodgers also granted a motion for acquittal of the contempt charge.

“Kent E. Hovind’s motion for judgment of acquittal on count three of the superseding indictment is granted,” the signed order read, according to an image posted online by Hovind’s son Eric.

Recent reports have stated that Hovind is scheduled for release in August; however, a release date has not yet been made official.

http://christiannews.net/2015/05/19/judge-grants-acquittal-of-contempt-indictment-against-evolutionary-foe-kent-hovind/
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 01:34:07 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHKy8zElwY&feature=youtube

"Pastor Kent Hovind says thank you to everyone around the world who have spent so much time, treasure, and effort helping him and Paul. Because of the grace of God, prayers, and Christian activists around the world Kent Hovind won the first trial at that courthouse in NINE YEARS! People there said they'd never seen anything like that before. The Lord stepped in and worked a miracle. The battle is not over yet though and until Kent and Paul walk out of that prison and go back home with their families we MUST continue to keep the pressure mounting on Judge Margaret Casey Rodgers and the Federal Bureau of Prisons. We are getting very close to victory though everyone. Please, just help us get across the finish line so we can all celebrate officially the victory."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 06:31:35 pm »

Apparently, Hovind has been transferred to a MAXIMUM security prison!

http://freekenthovind.com/2015/06/08/breaking-live-updates-kent-hovind-out-of-santa-rosa-in-usm-custody/

Kent Hovind #06452-017
USP Yazoo City
U.S. PENITENTIARY
P.O. BOX 5000
YAZOO CITY, MS 39194
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:09 am »

They have been torturing Kent for years. This is how they have been doing it, not just Kent but most Federal prisoners. These posts are from my PPF

Diesel Therapy: Torturing Prisoners Legally Takes The Bus

Transit, better known as "diesel therapy" to the feds, is maybe the worst part of being incarcerated. Imagine being handcuffed with a chain around your waist securing the handcuffs to your stomach area. You can't move your arms up and down or side to side. Your feet are shackled, limiting you to baby steps. Now get on a bus. And then be stuck on the bus with similarly shackled convicts forever. (It starts at three or four in the morning, and 12­16--hour days are the norm.) You can try and guess where you're going, but you never will. After five institutions and nine years in the feds, I've learned to dread transit more than anything.

The Bureau of Prisons can never do anything easily. Like take you from point A to point B. Instead, they drag you through a spiraling maze of transitional moves with zero logic. What's the method to the madness? Is it intentional chaos-pure torture to keep us beat down, controlled, docile? Only the BOP knows for certain.

Recently I was transferred from FCI Fort Dix to FCI Fairton on a closer supervision request. While my journey was not a diesel therapy nightmare, it was definitely a mini-diesel. I packed my stuff on December 31st. On the 2nd of January I was called up at 8:00 a.m. I got processed and placed in the bullpen with 10 other prisoners. I proceeded to sit there until 2:00 p.m., when we were sent back to the compound. Oops-we were leaving tomorrow. We had spent the whole day in a tiny holding cell for no reason. We were sent back to the compound with no sheets, no blankets, no toothpaste, no soap, no toilet paper, and no change of clothes. And we had no property-that was already boxed up.

The next morning, we were called up again. The whole processing procedure was completed for the second time, and finally, in the late afternoon, we heard the clank of chains. Salvation had come in the form of the Lewisburg BOP bus crew.

We were strip-searched, given new clothes, and shackled. I knew FCI Fairton was only two hours south of Fort Dix so I figured on a short trip. I asked the CO and didn't get the answer I wanted. "You missed your stop, buddy," he said. "We're going to Lewisburg." He smiled while telling me this, like it was some big joke and I was the punch line. I was going to Lewisburg. The famous penitentiary and a favorite holdover spot of the BOP.

So into Pennsylvania I went. A five-hour bus ride, followed by the whole processing/screening routine again. You would think after your initial screening they would already have a record of you, but the BOP is not only barbaric, it's archaic. Most files are on paper. You have one that travels with you, and at every place you stop, they create a new one for you.

Five days in Lewisburg. No phone, minimal reading material, and one TV for 50 people-complete and utter boredom. The whole ordeal requires a willed suppression of instinct. Every night is a toss up to see who'll be on the outgoing bus the next day. If your name is on the list they post at 3:00 a.m., you're stoked. If not, look forward to another day of nothing. The only advantage of being in the holdover is hot meals, because when you're on that bus and in the bullpens they kill you with baloney-and-cheese sandwiches with milk.

Finally, my name was on the list. I was out of there. I figured I would be in Fairton that night. I went though the same routine again: bullpen, strip-search, change clothes, get chained up, 4:00 a.m. wake up, many hours spent in the holding cell. Then it was finally time and we were marched out into the snow with no jacket (BOP policy, I guess). We ended up at Allenwood. I was getting the grand tour of the whole industrial prison complex. Next we processed to FDC Philly, then we entered New Jersey and drove right through it. I couldn't believe it. It seemed I'd missed my stop again.

Then we were in New York. MDC Brooklyn. This was a new twist. I'd always heard this place was pre-trial. I had never been there before, and I hope to hell I never go there again.

We were herded off the bus like cattle for the umpteenth time, prodded into this tiny little processing bullpen, and held there forever. No hot meals, either­­more bag lunches. They didn't have any bed space in the units so they put me in the hole.

Two days I was on a bus supposedly bound for Fairton. And you'll never guess where I ended up. Eight days of traveling, after having traversed three states and going five hours west into PA and then six hours east into NYC, I was now right back at the gates of FCI Fort Dix. Right where I started.

Two hours later, I was in Fairton, where I had to get screened and processed all over. I was ready to hit the pound, hook up with some friends, but­­boom-they threw me in the hole, where I waited for four days to see the captain so he could decide if he would let me on his compound. I guess the regional director didn't check with him before they designated me there.

Now, as I'm writing this, not even two months later, I'm back in the hole. Under SIS investigation. Wondering if my journey is about to start anew. Check with me two years from now. Maybe I'll have some horror stories to tell. Until then, wish me luck, because this diesel therapy **** can drive you nuts.

http://www.november.org/stayinfo/breaking2/Ferranti.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:45 am »

Diesel Therapy: U.S. Marshals Oversee Medieval Torture Caravan

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/dieseltherapy.shtml

http://www.uwsa.com/Uwsadisclosure.prison.html

Excerpt:

The harassment and torture that befell Congressman George Hansen came from prison officials, in the form of neglect for serious medical problems and health hazards in the prison work place. The torture also came from the Federal Marshals who cruelly transported him from one prison to another.

Political prisoners and those who are considered trouble makers arc given what prisoners call, "diesel therapy".

"Diesel therapy" consists of being put on diesel buses or airplanes and being transported from prison to prison for weeks and months at a time.

On the surface it sounds benign. What could be the problem with making a prisoner ride in a bus for hours at a time?

Torture American Style

Before the prisoner is put on the bus, he is put in handcuffs and shackles (leg irons). The handcuffs are tightened by a black box that stiffens the chains and puts the wrists in a 90 degree bind that painfully cuts circulation and damages the nerves. It takes several weeks for the circulation and nerves to return to normal. The handcuffs are connected with chains to a waist chain, which is in turn connected by another chain to the shackles which go around the ankles The prisoner can barely move once the shackling process is complete.

He is then placed in a small seat on a bus or airplane. (ED: George Hansen is a BIG man, standing well over 6'-3" and -- before his ordeal -- tipping the scales at well over 220 pounds.) Because of the shackles, the prisoner is forced to sit in one position for up to 20 hours at a time. And the guards will rarely go to the trouble of unshackling a prisoner. Prisoners who understand "diesel therapy" know that "fasting" is the only way to handle the ordeal without messing or wetting yourself.

But even those who are smart enough to abstain from food and drink, still have to suffer the stench of urine and feces which soon fills the bus or plane.

One other painful aspect of diesel therapy is the shoes that prisoners are forced to wear. They become too small. The cramped position and tight shackles cause the feet and ankles to swell. The shackles cut into the legs and cut off circulation. The blood pools in the feet and causes the feet to swell. The toes are forced up against the tops of the too small shoes, and unbelievable pressure is put on the toenails. The toenails soon become deformed, infected and painful.

Each day the metal shackles are put back onto raw and infected legs before the prisoner boards the bus. After weeks and months of diesel therapy, the ankles and shins have raw, infected and open wounds that will not heal.

Hour after hour, the prisoner sits in a cramped & painful position, with shackles cutting into already infected, raw flesh. Arthritis and bursitis compound the misery of the prisoners. The ingrown, infected toenails, which are jammed inside of purposely small shoes, cripple the prisoner to the point that he can barely walk or move when he is finally released from the shackles.

During the weeks and months of diesel therapy, the prisoner is out of contact with the rest of the world. In the case of Congressman Hansen, his wife did not know if he was dead or alive. His lawyer could not find him and therefore could not file court papers on time. Even the members of congress who were still trying to help him, could not locate him. During his diesel therapy" he disappeared into the black hole dug and run by the United States Marshals.

After "diesel therapy", Hansen was forced to operate on his feet himself. His toenails were so deformed that they pointed straight up. He could not wear shoes without excruciating pain. The only remedy that was open to him was to pull the toenails out by the roots. Our prisoners of war in SE Asia had their fingernails and toenails pulled out by their torturers. Congressman Hansen had to become his own torturer in an effort to stop the pain.

Several weeks ago, Congressman Hansen was testifying before his former colleagues in the House of Representatives. He told the story of his trip into Iran during the Iran hostage crisis in 1979. He was the only United States official to get into Iran to try to negotiate an end to the crisis.

While he was there, he was shown the horrible human suffering that was inflicted upon the Iranian people by the Shah of Iran and his secret police.

He told his former colleagues about the horrors of the Shah's torture chambers. Ankles that had been smashed by heavy clubs. Legs that had been smashed and permanently scarred. Hands and feet that had no nails because they were repeatedly pulled out.

Then he stood up and walked around in front of his table. Leaning lightly on the table, he pulled up his pant leg and showed his former colleagues the raw, red scars on his own legs -- scars that stretched many inches, from his ankles up his shin bones. He told his former colleagues about his toenails, which have never grown back properly. He ended his "show and tell" session by informing the House that they did not have to travel to foreign countries to witness torture. All they had to do is visit any American prison and they would quickly find the effects of purposeful abuse and neglect on certain prisoners.

If his former colleagues have any sense, they will quickly reform the prison system, before any more of them end up there.

The scars on his legs and the lack of toenails were minor problems for Hansen. The major pain came from his teeth and deteriorating bones. These problems came from hazardous chemicals he was forced to work around during his job assignment in the prison power plant. The chemicals caused his bones to weaken and his teeth to become infected and turn to mush. The pain' of abscessed teeth was unbearable. To be able to function each day, without even an aspirin to dull the pain, he picked up a plastic cap used to splice electric wires. He placed the cap in the infected area and bit down on it all day and night.

During his four years in prison, he lost most of his teeth through willful neglect on the part of the prison officials.

Hansen was forced to sell his homes in Virginia and Idaho. Everything he and his wife had accumulated during years of hard work went to lawyers or to pay the fine. Even though his retirement was not supposed to be touched, through some nefarious deal, it was tapped to pay fines, thereby denying his wife the means to live. She was approaching sixty, had a heart condition and diabetes, but she was put out of her home and didn't even have the money to rent an apartment. With the help of their children and a job, she just barely made ends meet until Hansen was released.

They are now in their 60s and they are starting over with nothing. He still has health problems associated with prison life, and still needs further dental work. He drives a leased Honda and lives with his wife in a rented apartment in Pocatello, Idaho.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/dieseltherapy.shtml
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 01:52:22 am »

If They Can Do It

To A Congressman

Dept. of Finance/Judge Lodge

Linked to Hansen Nightmare

By Investigative Reporter Edward Snook

of the Oregon Observer

Reprinted from the

Oregon Observer

with permission

In the March edition of The Oregon Observer we informed our readership of the accomplishments made on behalf of all Americans by Congressman George Hansen. The following article tells how a criminally corrupt Federal Judge by the name of Edward Lodge with the help of numerous other Federal and State accomplices repaid Hansen for all of his efforts.

Diesel Therapy

Diesel therapy - a prison term reserved for the most inhumane, degrading and painful of punishment; normally reserved for the most violent and uncontrollable of prisoners.

A prisoner is shackled at the feet and handcuffed at the wrists, reinforced with a box-like structure which stiffens the chains and locks the wrists at a 90-degree angle. The handcuffs are connected to a waist chain that is connected to another chain which connects the shackles. Once this shackling is complete, a prisoner can barely move. The tightened manacles pinch the nerves and restrict the flow of blood causing severe pain and swelling. Legs swelling with blood are particularly damaging to the feet, as toenails under pressure from blood-blisters press up against shoes for long periods of time and soon become infected and deformed, causing such excruciating pain that they require surgery or the pulling of the toenails out by the roots.

Diesel therapy gets its name, not from the "cruel and unusual" bondage, but from being forced into bus after bus and onto plane after plane, shackled as described, and being shuttled from one prison to another, for weeks on end, 20 hours per day in chains, for no other reason than to cause pain and suffering and give the prisoner a "message."

Welcome to diesel therapy and the world of seven-term Congressman George Hansen who was found guilty in the court-room of the infamous Federal Judge Edward Lodge on bogus charges of bank fraud which were manipulated into an issue by the Idaho Department of Finance illegally using the same agents previously employed by the IRS in their failed attempt to quote "get Hansen."

People who have been reading past editions of The Idaho Observer and The Oregon Observer will recall that the Judge Lodge/Idaho Department of Finance connection has already been uncovered in the bogus securities laws violations charges levied against Boise businessman and winemaker Petro (Pete) Eliopulos, who said; "After Ed Snook of The Oregon Observer and I met with Hansen and he told me in a six-hour meeting what had happened to him, I was more shaken than I have ever been in my life. If (West One) bank officers Knox and Neaville had not subsequently been convicted of crimes which came to light in the bogus investigations of me and my businesses, they could have done to me what they did to Hansen," said Eliopulos, who was shocked that a U.S. Representative, or anybody for that matter, could be treated this way in America.

What could an esteemed member of the U.S. Congress have done to deserve such treatment?

Congressman Hansen Found Innocent

rest: http://www.uhuh.com/reports/hansen/hansen2.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 01:52:58 am »

Diesel Therapy:

(10). Diesel Therapy even though expressly illegal; is alive and well within the government agencies such as US Marshall Service, FBI, Bureau of Prisons (BOP) and popular with many Federal Prosecutors and Judges; Diesel therapy is when a prisoner is either coded by a special number in his or her records. Or non-traceable messages, mostly e-mails requesting harsh treatment and prolonged routing of a prisoner in custody.

(11). In the BOP for example dieseling would be; a targeted prisoner is being transferred from one prison to another 800 miles away. The fastest route available might be a prison jet in its weekly flights always lands at an airport 60 miles from the prisoners destination prison. The fastest way in which most prisoners travel from one prison to another; is the BOP buses the prisoner to the nearest airport that transports prisoners. A US Marshall; controlled jet airliner takes the prisoner to an airport near the prison the prisoner is being transferred to. BOP buses are waiting to take the prisoner to the new prison he or she has been assigned. This transfer is usually fast, and all comes about within a day or two.

(12). However, not for the special prisoner the BOP targets for added punishment. These targeted prisoners are given a long route, sometimes

weeks; sometimes months; to arrive at a prison destination 800 miles away. And in the process, messages are received by the hosting prisons in route, to treat the prisoner harshly and delay departures.

Example of a normal prisoner-not targeted for dieseling: A prisoner is being transferred from a Dallas , TX area prison to a Tampa, FL area prison. The BOP has weekly flights to hosting area airports such as Oklahoma City and Tampa Airport. A BOP bus would pick up the prisoner at the Dallas area prison; bus the prisoner to Oklahoma Airport where the BOP has a prison called a (holdover). If the bus arrived at Oklahoma early enough to catch the plane to Tampa, the prisoner would be at the Tampa area prison same day. If not, the prisoner might have to stay at the Oklahoma holdover prison for a short time ( usually between one and five days).

(13). A targeted prisoner would not be routed in such a manner. A targeted prisoner might be routed to be picked up in the Dallas area prison and then put in the hole one or more days. Then another BOP bus would pick up the prisoner, and take the prisoner to yet another prison before the prisoner got to Oklahoma. If the prisoner was lucky the next BOP bus would take him out of the hole and drop him at the Oklahoma holdover. Because this prisoner is one of the many targeted; he will stay at the Oklahoma holdover from one to six weeks. This targeted prisoner then may be flown to Atlanta holdover, (which is deplorable and inhumane) and again held from one to six weeks. This same targeted prisoner may again be flown to the Tallahassee holdover where he will be held between one to six weeks until a BOP bus picks him up to take him to the Tampa area prison. The whole prison transfer, for the targeted prisoner, could take four months and even longer.

Pic of a prisoner looking thru bars

What’s wrong with that, enemies of your

they are only “prisoners” government

officials

(14). A great majority of these targeted prisoners are prisoners that the BOP; prosecutors; and federal judges don’t like for personal reasons. The targeted prisoner may have one or more suits against the BOP for employee atrocities. Or, even a prosecutor or federal judge. A prisoner can only file a suit for medical neglect, or prisoner abuse at the court nearest the prison he or she is in. By transferring and dieseling the prisoner during a suit, the prisoner may miss filings with the court. May loose an attorney as he may have to find another attorney and transfer his case to the new state he is being transferred to. If the case is not transferred; the prisoner looses personal touch with his local attorney that visited him. Most law suits fall apart with enough dieseling and the Bop, prosecutors and judges know it.

(15). Dieseling is a hardship upon each family member. Most cannot visit because of distance and the BOP makes sure each telephone call hurts the family pocketbook. A 15 minute telephone call from a holdover prison, local or otherwise; costs the prisoner family an average of nearly $9.00 per call. A prisoner calling once a day to his loved ones, will cost the family member $270.00 per month.

(16). In addition; the food at the holdovers, is for the most part, “deplorable”. Any meaningful medical services is equally as bad and any exercise area is a farce at the best. A law library is another farce. Plus these targeted prisoner will for the most part be treated harshly by staff.

Huh?? What did they do to Kimball?Huh

(17). At 7:00 a.m. on May 26, 2005 Texarkana prison told Kimball he was leaving immediately; and again, Kimball was refused his destination by all staff. Kimball was put on a bus and taken to Saegorville Prison outside of Dallas, TX. When he arrived at Saegorville; prison officials refused to provide Kimball his medication that was put on board in Texarkana. Also, the officer there took away Kimball’s lunch/ dinner they gave him before he had a chance to eat it. Kimball was put into a hole cell, while guards refused to allow Kimball a towel, wash cloth, tooth brush, tooth paste, or to take a shower. (please be informed that a prisoner in BOP transit is allowed “no” personal possessions at all). ( not a toothbrush, nor even a pencil).

(18). The next morning without washing, or being able to brush his teeth; Kimball was picked up and transported most of the day, ending up in Oklahoma holdover prison. Kimball was immediately informed by officials at Oklahoma that his final destination was Jesup Prison Camp; but it may take him a long time to get there. Gee!! I wonder why???

“Now” Kimball knew what the corrupt trio did.

(19). A prisoner, that is “not” going to a camp, but being transferred to a low, medium, or high security prison; is put in hand and feet shackles, placed in a BOP steel barred bus; then taken in shackles and put on a plane. However “not” prisoners being transferred to a camp. In fact! BOP policy states that camp prisoners are “not” to be placed with, or around, any low-medium or high security prisoner. We already know some BOP employees don’t obey even “their” laws.

(20). It clearly appears: That the trio of Administrator Mulisnic; Unit Manager Ms. Anthony; Case Manager Strong; and who knows how many others, came up with “their” perfect plan to get back at Kimball for criticizing Texarkana and some of their employees for acting unlawfully.

Another pic of a board meeting

The perfect

Retaliatory plan

(21). Diesel Kimball: The “plot” conversations (meeting), would have taken place, very similar to the following.

BOP Employee:

Kimball knows, if he is going to a camp; he will be told what camp, where, when he is leaving; given a furlough and put on a Greyhound bus.

Kimball also knows if he is being transferred to another “low” prison he will “not” be told where he is going, or when he will leave Texarkana; and that he will be sent on a bus in shackles; transported by the BOP and US Marshals.

If we tell Kimball he is going to a camp, and we are providing BOP transportation for him, with low, med., and high security prisoners; Kimball will make a stink about it, and we could be in trouble. Probably we won’t get in trouble; as we can pretty well do anything we want. Policy and law be dammed.

To play it safe, and give him a little dieseling as a good bye present from us at Texarkana; if we don’t tell him where he is going; Kimball will believe he is going to his fourth low security prison, and expect BOP transportation; shackles and all. No problems! Is that approach agreeable by all. (everyone agrees)

Great! Now you people take care of the dieseling route the BOP is to provide, and I’ll take care of the rest. And I’ll make sure no staff member tells Kimball where he is going.

rest: http://www.discovery-experimental.com/tortureanddeath/texarkanatorture.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 12:05:09 pm »

June 24th 2015 (Mailed on June 21st 2015)

LETTER FROM PASTOR KENT HOVIND: June 24th 2015 (Mailed on June 21st 2015)

I was approved for 1-month home confinement so I go home July 8th.  Smiley

Eric and the Family are planning a homecoming party for July 11th at 29 Cummings Road Pensacola FL – Ya’ll come if you can.

http://freekenthovind.com/2015/06/24/letter-from-kent-hovind-while-in-solitary-6242015/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »

June 24th 2015 (Mailed on June 21st 2015)

LETTER FROM PASTOR KENT HOVIND: June 24th 2015 (Mailed on June 21st 2015)

I was approved for 1-month home confinement so I go home July 8th.  Smiley

Eric and the Family are planning a homecoming party for July 11th at 29 Cummings Road Pensacola FL – Ya’ll come if you can.

http://freekenthovind.com/2015/06/24/letter-from-kent-hovind-while-in-solitary-6242015/

This is great news - however, I'll believe it when I see it. Recently for some reason, they put him in some max security prison in Mississippi.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 02:36:34 pm »

Kent Hovind Homecoming This Week

If all goes as expected, Kent Hovind will be going home to Pensacola this week. According to Rudy Davis, Kent’s son Eric will be picking Kent up in Yazoo, Mississippi on Wednesday. Kent will finish out the sentence on his 2006 conviction with one month of home confinement followed by three years of supervised release.  Hovind had faced trial in March on charges of contempt of court, mail fraud and conspiracy related to actions he took with respect to property seized by the government as the result of his 2006 conviction.

The jury did not reach a verdict on the fraud and conspiracy charges thanks to the persistence of jury foreman Don Camacho, but, in a sort of compromise, found Hovind guilty of contempt of court.

Just before retrial in May the government dismissed the fraud and conspiracy charges without prejudice and Judge Margaret Casey Rodgers voided the contempt conviction clearing the decks for this week’s homecoming.

Is This The End Of The Struggle?

Kent Hovind’s supporters have waged a vigorous social media campaign on his behalf.  Opinions on their effect on the jury are divided, but they clearly helped immensely in supporting their pastor’s morale and in raising the money for the appellate work that result in the dismissal of the contempt conviction.  If you look at #FreeKent, their flagship website, you will see that there are further goals beyond Kent Hovind’s release.  There is the release of co-defendant, Paul Hansen, who faces sentencing later this month on contempt charges, overturning Kent’s 2006 conviction, having seized property returned and damages paid.  When you listen to Rudy Davis you will also hear about the need to punish the evil wicked-doers who have persecuted an innocent, godly man.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2015/07/07/kent-hovind-homecoming-this-week/
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2015, 04:31:49 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2015, 11:21:10 am »

In recent weeks, I've been studying Creation Science, and come to an understanding that Genesis is THE backbone of the entire gospel.

I honestly believe that alot of Christian ministers and ministries who have embraced some form of evolutionary theories like the gap, day age, theistic, etc are truely born again and serving the LORD fruitfully - however, at the same time I also do believe they've gotten very complacent in terms of standing down in terms of not taking a firm stance on Genesis/Creation account. Maybe that's why Hovind had few supporters from Christian ministries/ministers during his whole ordeal?(and not necessarily the 501c3 issue)

Remember faith comes from hearing, and hearing comes from the word of God - believing with all your heart the creation account IS genuine faith.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 12:11:55 am »

I can't believe Hovind continues to be attacked. It wouldn't surprise me at all if alot of these YT channels are government shills.

For example - I saw one video where they accused him of being a "date-setting prophet" - but as it turned out, all he said in his book was that he was JUST GUESSING why the LORD's return would be in 2028(and gave many reasons why he thought via scripture et al, and nothing more), but he did NOT say "The LORD told me in a dream..."(or any of that nonsense).

And I saw another video of a "Christian truther" who tried to expose him as a mason(and say how his prison time was "staged", "faked", etc) - however, as it turned out, both he and another YT channel who worked together trying to "expose" him as such, are FLAT EARTH believers! And one of them is a PROFESSING KJB CHRISTIAN to boot!

Personally, the LORD put on my heart to study Creation Science in recent weeks(b/c of this gap theory heresy being infiltrated) - and I see why the Genesis/Creation accounts are THE foundations of the gospel of Jesus Christ! I mean look at how the foundations in churches crumbled over the last 200 years since they started accepting the idea that the earth is billions of years old(which was why Darwin went under the radar).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm defender of the KJB - but Wescott and Hort did NOT start the Laodicean Apostasy, it was yet another domino that fell when churches were willing to compromise evolution with the bible many years prior.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:21:55 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »

http://sheilazilinsky.podomatic.com/

That lady is supposed to have Kent on as a guest tonight. Do not know the time.

Episodes

July 16- Dr. Kent Hovind

Dr. Kent Hovind, well-known preacher and advocate of biblical creationism who was behind bars for 100 months on tax and “structuring” charges, is released and now at home. He joins me to discuss his entire ordeal along with his plans for the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »

http://sheilazilinsky.podomatic.com/

That lady is supposed to have Kent on as a guest tonight. Do not know the time.

Episodes

July 16- Dr. Kent Hovind

Dr. Kent Hovind, well-known preacher and advocate of biblical creationism who was behind bars for 100 months on tax and “structuring” charges, is released and now at home. He joins me to discuss his entire ordeal along with his plans for the future.

Won't be able to listen to it tonight - but hopefully, they will archive it for a later listen!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 11:22:32 pm »

First off, I don't endorse this guy's YT channel(he has some glaring doctrinal issues). Nor do I agree with what Hovind and his ministry is putting out now.

However, the so-called lone witness that denies the "worse than ****" comment by Judge Margaret Casey Rogers...the "interview" she did has so many gaping holes in it. It just looks fake.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2015, 10:46:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2015, 04:44:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »

NTEB GOSPEL RADIO BROADCASTfollow FEATURED HOST

LOSING THE BLESSED HOPE: HOW PRISON CHANGED THE DOCTRINE OF DR. KENT HOVIND

Dr. Kent Hovind founded Creation Science Evangelism in 1989. In 2006, due to a variety of legal troubles, Kent found himself sentenced to 10 years in prison. He was released in the summer of 2015, and immediately resumed the operation of his ministry defending the doctrine of Biblical creation. During his time in prison, he had a lot of time to study the Bible, and well as be exposed to a variety of non-biblical reading materials. Somewhere in the mix of all that, Kent Hovind was "educated" out of his belief in the Pretribulation Rapture. After, by his own admission, "believing in the Pretribulation Rapture for over 40 years", he now calls that doctrine a "lie of Satan".

How is it possible to fall so far after so long a time in believing the truth? It's because we live in the end times in the very moments before the Rapture, and Satan is working overtime to steal the Blessed Hope of Titus 2:13 from as many Christians as he possibly can. If the NTEB email inbox is any indication, Satan has been astonishingly successful.

Please join us as we welcome Dr. Kent Hovind into the NTEB Studios for a no-holds barred, everything on the table interview on Bible doctrine and end times events. In the last segment, we will open the phone lines and allow you to ask Bro. Hovind any question that may be on your mind regarding this topic.

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13 (KJV)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nowtheendbegins/2015/12/09/losing-the-blessed-hope-how-prison-changed-the-doctrine-of-dr-kent-hovind
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: