End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:44:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

It can't happen here? Kent Hovind Case

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It can't happen here? Kent Hovind Case  (Read 8717 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:29 pm »

IRS offers to return money seized from 700 businesses in 'structuring' cases
Jun 14, 2016, 2:12pm EDT

More than 700 individuals and small businesses whose assets were seized by the Internal Revenue Service during financial structuring investigations will have a chance to get their money back.

The news came in a letter from IRS Commissioner John Koskinen to Rep. Peter Roskam, R-Ill., and Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga. The two congressmen have led investigations about the agency’s seizure of assets from businesses suspected of structuring cash deposits and withdrawals to avoid the $10,000 threshold that triggers reporting of these transactions to the federal government. This reporting requirement is designed to deter money laundering by criminal enterprises.

In many cases, however, the IRS seized assets without any evidence of wrongdoing by businesses and without first checking with the owners to see if they had a legitimate explanation for making repeated deposits of less than $10,000. The IRS changed its policy in October 2014, saying it would seek court orders to seize assets only in cases where there’s evidence that the structured deposits were derived from illegal activities.

Koskinen’s letter said the IRS will notify over 700 individuals or businesses, whose assets were seized in the five years before the policy change, that they may be entitled to a return of their money. Notices will not be sent in cases that were referred for prosecution or where assets already have been returned.

If they can show their money came from a legal source and there’s no evidence that they engaged in structuring to conceal money laundering, tax evasion or other crimes, these individuals and businesses can get their money back.

“I’m glad to see the IRS finally recognize the need to return the money they stole from innocent Americans,” Roskam said. “It took two years, two hearings, and letters from every Republican and Democratic member of the oversight subcommittee, but we can now see justice on the horizon.”

“The IRS and the Department of Justice must make every effort to do what is right for small business owners who were not engaged in illegal activities but were unintentionally captured by the law,” Lewis said. “We must right this wrong once and for all.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/washingtonbureau/2016/06/irs-offers-to-return-money-seized-from-700.html

IRS seizes millions from law-abiding businesses; 3 live to tell House about it

Be careful about making too many cash deposits of under $10,000 — the Internal Revenue Service may think you're up to no good and seize your bank account.

That's what happened to three business owners who told their story Wednesday at a House Ways and Means Committee hearing. The IRS suspected each of them of structuring their cash deposits to avoid the $10,000 threshold that triggers reporting of these deposits to the federal government. This reporting requirement is designed to deter money laundering by criminal enterprises.

But there was no evidence of criminal activity by any of these three businesses, and they have reasonable explanations as to why they made deposits of below $10,000. But the IRS obtained warrants from judges to seize their bank accounts without even contacting these businesses first. All three businesses struggled to survive during the months and even years it took to get their money back.

Now they want to make sure that what happened to them won't happen to other businesses.

A convenience store distributor's three-year nightmare

"No American should have to endure the treatment that I received at the hands of the IRS," said Jeffrey Hirsch, owner of Bi-County Distributors Inc., which distributes candy, food, cigarettes and other products to convenience stores on Long Island, N.Y.

Hirsch's nightmare started on March 21, 2012, when a bank teller told him the IRS had seized the $446,651 that was in the company's bank account. The next day Hirsch received a copy of a seizure warrant that accused him and his brothers of manipulating their cash deposits to avoid the $10,000 reporting threshold, a practice known as structuring.

"Prior to reading the warrant, I had never heard of the concept of "structuring" and had no idea that depositing cash in amounts under $10,000 could ever be against the law," Hirsch said.

Convenience-store distribution is a cash-intensive business, and Hirsch said his accountant advised him that he should keep the company's deposits below $10,000 because banks didn't like the paperwork involved with Currency Transaction Reports.

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/washingtonbureau/2015/02/irs-seizes-millions-from-law-abiding-businesses-3.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:44 am »

Any one else hear about this? WOW  Shocked

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:21:16 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2016, 04:33:12 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2016, 08:16:17 am »

I saw this a couple of weeks ago, yeah - and yeah, I knew Eric had some issues himself, but WOW...this kind of stuff I remember seeing on plots of movies on that (wicked) Lifetime Channel. And I thought THAT couldn't get any lower...but we're seeing this play out in a (supposedly) Christian home?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2016, 12:56:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »

I only watched like 3 minutes of this - but apparently, it was shortly after his wife filed for divorce (which is PENDING) in January of this year, he shortly after that got into a relationship with another woman, and now they're engaged.

I don't know all of the details or anything - but this is just sickening, to be honest, and a lot of this immorality goes on in "fundamentalism" (where preachers and ministers, and their flocks spend WAY too much time with their ministries and "soul winning", that they have very little time to spend with their families). No wonder why churches have gone Apostate, and it's not exactly the Rick Warren/megachurch system doing all the damage - again, it's the KJB "fundamentalism" crowd doing most of the damage.

As for Kent - 1) He should have taken 6 months to a year off with his wife after he got out of prison, instead of setting back up his ministry and ordaining himself to be a pastor. (and hence kept a low profile) He spent like 10 years in prison. And 2) His divorce is PENDING - so technically he's NOT divorced (and is in an adulterous relationship).

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2016, 12:44:32 am »

Just saying, his wife left him the day he came home from prison. His son and wife both screwed him over completely.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2016, 11:27:37 am »

Personally, I'm in my 40's and never been married - however, I've been watching sermons on this issue of late, and had no idea how CRUCIAL this doctrine is. Bottom line - yes, we are to serve our LORD Jesus Christ first and foremost, however it ALL starts in the household!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/joshua-joscelyn/kent-hovinds-mistress/10154454291453119
Kent Hovind’s Mistress
9/7/16

When Kent Hovind called me to invite me to his then-secret wedding, I didn’t know what to say. I was saddened to think it had gone this far. For a long time, I had known about Kent Hovind’s mistress and how she had wrecked his marriage and family, but I just never thought it would come to this. Somehow, I thought he would do the right thing and try to save his marriage. But he was too distracted to be a husband to his wife. As has been the case for many years now, Kent Hovind was too busy with his mistress. And his mistress is not Mary Tocco.

My Experience with Kent Hovind

Many will recognize that I have been one of Kent Hovind’s staunchest supporters over the years, and have even stuck my neck out for him. It pains me to write against him, and I have put it off for quite some time. I grew up watching Dr. Hovind’s creation seminars and practically memorized their content. Eventually, I was honored to work at Dinosaur Adventure Land as a park guide and later as the head of apologetics and publications for Creation Science Evangelism. Unfortunately, this was all after Dr. Hovind had been unjustly sent to prison. I could only correspond with him via phone and letters.

I have written about my shock at the negative attitude towards Dr. Hovind that I found among his own family members and those who had worked under him. I didn’t understand then what I understand now. When Dr. Hovind was transferred to the nearby Santa Rosa County jail for his second trial, I began visiting him monthly. I wanted to encourage him and also discuss with him some concerns I had about his removing repentance from his gospel presentation. But what I had come to suspect from corresponding with him over the years was confirmed by these visits. Kent Hovind does not respond to correction. He will not listen to it for even a few seconds. And he has a mistress.

Many are familiar with my aggressive defense of Dr. Hovind and how I bull-horned the courthouse for his release throughout the second trial. Kent Hovind had no better friend than myself. I still believe he was unjustly sentenced, but something else I now knew about him worried me. When he came home, I spent some time with him, noticing the curious, makeshift bedroom he had set up adjacent to his office. I ate meals with his family and observed the awkwardness of the family dynamic. On more than one occasion, I tried bringing up my growing concerns with him, but he quickly changed the subject or acted like it wasn’t important. And that is why I am writing this – because Kent Hovind refuses to listen to anything negative I have to say in person. For a long time, he has refused to listen to concerns from me or anyone else. Perhaps he will read this and know why I can no longer support him or his ministry. And perhaps others will pause and reconsider their support for him when they read about why one of Dr. Hovind’s most stalwart defenders is disavowing him.

We Need Fewer Great Men

Kent Hovind is a great man. There is no denying that. He has preached around the globe, published his 18-hour seminar series in numerous languages and countries, and even claims to have won thousands of souls to Christ. Hundreds of thousands have heard him preach. I, myself, was personally shaped by his teaching. But there is a price to being a great man. History is littered with the fallout left in the wake of great men. Their families are often the primary casualties. Consider great men like Billy Sunday, whose fierce preaching closed down bars and converted hopeless drunks across the nation. But his three sons grew up to be godless drunkards and reprobates. Consider the example of Eli, the High Priest in the Old Testament, the highest ranking servant of God in the land – but his children turned on God. These great men were too busy doing the Lord’s work that they failed to see the Lord’s work staring them in the face.

Dr. Hovind has bragged in nearly every seminar before he was sent away that he was speaking 900 times a year, an average of 2.5 times a day 365 days a year. Ask yourself how much time he could have spent parenting and being a husband when he was never there. Spend time with his family, yourself, and you will get your answer. In recent years, his son, Eric, has taken the ministry into a completely different direction, compromising on some doctrines his father held as sacrosanct. Why? Could it be because he never had a father to guide him in these truths? Kent’s wife, Jo, who went to prison for a year because of his tax issues, never fully bought into his fight with the government or his strong stand on many of these issues. Why? Could it be because her husband was too distracted with his mistress to spend time cherishing and bonding with his wife?

We have too many great men in this world who leave their homes and families in the shadows as they do great things for God. Their personal walk with God is questionable at best, their families fall apart, and many of their converts go right back to the world. What we need more of is good men – steady, reliable men who walk with God daily, lay down their lives for their wives, and pour themselves into training their children. We need fewer great men; we need more good men – men who don’t necessarily chase big dreams around the country, but who plow the field day in and day out, who do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God (Micah 6:Cool.

Beware the Mistress

In case you haven’t guessed by now, Kent Hovind’s mistress isn’t Mary Tocco; it’s his ministry. The woman he is marrying probably has little to no idea what she is getting into, and may well regret her decision to marry this man who has been chasing this same mistress and abandoning his family for decades. While we are to love God more than everything, we as husbands and wives are to nurture our families above everything else. Beware of anything - anything - that comes between them and us. The Bible commands husbands:
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it…So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.  -Ephesians 5:25, 28

Yet when Mrs. Hovind expressed her fear that Kent’s continued recklessness was endangering her, Kent Hovind changed nothing. Having just returned from nearly a decade-long separation in prison, Kent Hovind did little to nothing that we can discern to restore his relationship with his wife or calm her fears. Instead, he launched right back into his ministry work in spite of probationary restrictions and concerns raised by the legal community that, if he was not careful, he might overstep his restrictions and land himself back in prison.

It’s unfortunate that his wife turned to the unbiblical option of divorce, but when she did on March 24, 2016, Kent’s response should have been to drop everything (including his ministry), and win back his wife. Instead, the divorce was completely uncontested, finalized in record time, and now Kent admits on video that he had his eye on Mary Tocco, a divorced woman, since February of 2016, a full month prior to the filing of this divorce. And in this self-congratulatory video, he makes it clear that his purpose in entering into this is to just “move on” and get back to “serving the Lord” – while the ink is still wet on the divorce papers. 

This is a tragedy. Dr. Hovind has done so many great things for God, and so many of us were looking for even greater things to come. What happened? It may seem odd that Kent and Jo Hovind could be married for 40 years, and then Kent remarries a woman a few short months after a swift, uncontested divorce. But if you could spend some time in the Hovind home before it fell apart, you would understand he gave up on his family years ago. I only spent a short time there, and the silence was deafening. The complete lack of familial love and devotion was painfully obvious. The inability of Dr. Hovind to even consider his error was shameful. And the unhealthy, unholy, imbalanced focus on the ministry to the complete exclusion of his family is in a word, sinful.

Ministry is a good thing. I believe every single Christian should actively evangelize in some way or another. But it must not come before our first priorities. It should not come before doctrinal purity, caring for our spouses, and training up our children. We to whom God has entrusted a family should place them before everything but our personal walk with God. Kent Hovind has done great things for God, but he has lost his own family and should be ashamed of how he is acting. Don’t be deceived by his zeal for the ministry. Don’t overlook his complete abandoning of his family and pretend everything is all right. Kent Hovind is now marrying a second wife, but until he repents, he will always have a mistress.

**UPDATE**
After further discussion with insiders from Dr. Hovind’s camp, I would like to acknowledge his initial behind-the-scenes attempts to court his wife upon arriving home from prison. Unfortunately, I believe it was too little too late.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI - the guy who wrote this, Josh Jocelyn, is one of the elders at Sam Adams' church in FL (we've discussed Adams in this forum's history).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2016, 06:31:58 pm »

**UPDATE**
After further discussion with insiders from Dr. Hovind’s camp, I would like to acknowledge his initial behind-the-scenes attempts to court his wife upon arriving home from prison. Unfortunately, I believe it was too little too late.

This whole thing just feels like a hit piece on Kent. Kent was screwed by his family before he got out of prison. His so called wife gave him a spare room to sleep in and then charged him rent. Really?

FYI - the guy who wrote this, Josh Jocelyn, is one of the elders at Sam Adams' church in FL (we've discussed Adams in this forum's history).

I dont trust Sam Adams at all. go figure..  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: