End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 12:33:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

AMERICAN GIRL Doll Company Recommends Yoga, Mantras, Meditation, Breath Prayers

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMERICAN GIRL Doll Company Recommends Yoga, Mantras, Meditation, Breath Prayers  (Read 428 times)
akfools
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:55:27 pm »

AMERICAN GIRL Doll Company

Recommends Yoga, Mantras, Meditation, and Breath Prayers

February 9, 2011

Letter to to Lighthouse Trails: "I just thought I’d pass this on. I have let my daughter watch American Girl movies; they have always been fine. However, I did a search at our local library on American Girl and found a couple of books [the company publishes], & one of the books I requested was very disturbing, It is titled Spa Fun (pampering tips and treatment for girls).

"On page 18 it tells girls to do Balloon Breaths, Mini Meditations & Mantras!  Also, in the book are instructions on how to make you own Zen Garden & laughing Yoga.

"These are geared toward younger girls; please help warn other parents. I have not & will not let my daughter see it or any other material from American Girl again without reading or viewing it prior."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our [lighthouse Trails] Comments:

American Girl is a doll company that has had a reputation for selling wholesome dolls; for many Christian parents, American Girl has been an  alternative to Barbie Dolls.

Once included in American Doll’s mission statement was the goal to “reinforce positive social and moral values.”1 That statement was found on their website in 2000. But American Girl today is reinforcing and promoting New Age practices. American Girl Publishing (a division of American Girl) released a book in 2009 titled Spa Fun. On the back cover, it tells young readers to try a “yoga pose.”

Inside, the chapter called “De-Stress” has sections titled “Balloon Breathes” (instructing readers to sit cross-legged and practice deep breathing exercises), “Mini Meditations” (instructs to sit cross-legged and focus on your breathing), and “Mantras.” In “Mantras,” it states: “Add a mantra to your meditation. A mantra is a sound or a word you repeat to help you focus” (p. 18).

The book also tells girls to practice “Laughing yoga”: “Sit cross-legged and take a deep breath. Exhale a few times with force saying ‘Ha-ha-ha!’ (p. 47). There is also a section called “Morning Yoga” (p. 48). On page 42, it tells girls to “meditate” and “take a mental trip to the beach.”

In 2005, American Girl was criticized by conservative and pro-life groups for donating funds to the organization Girls, Inc. which according to one online source promotes abortion rights and acceptance of homosexuality.2

Presently on the American Girl store website, Yoga Gear for Dolls is being sold. The description says:

"Today's American Girl Doll Dresses for Yoga: 'Whether practicing poses or finding inner balance, her doll will love this comfy set.'”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spa Fun is edited by American Girl Publishing editor Erin Falligant and Michelle Watkins.

We hope parents of young girls will use much discernment when purchasing books from American Girl. You may get more than you bargained for.

To understand Yoga, meditation, and the New Age movement, read Ray Yungen’s book, For Many Shall Come in My Name.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:31:06 pm »

I can't find this exact article on the LHT web site - is there an exact link to it?

AMERICAN GIRL Doll Company

Recommends Yoga, Mantras, Meditation, and Breath Prayers

February 9, 2011

Letter to to Lighthouse Trails: "I just thought I’d pass this on. I have let my daughter watch American Girl movies; they have always been fine. However, I did a search at our local library on American Girl and found a couple of books [the company publishes], & one of the books I requested was very disturbing, It is titled Spa Fun (pampering tips and treatment for girls).

"On page 18 it tells girls to do Balloon Breaths, Mini Meditations & Mantras!  Also, in the book are instructions on how to make you own Zen Garden & laughing Yoga.

"These are geared toward younger girls; please help warn other parents. I have not & will not let my daughter see it or any other material from American Girl again without reading or viewing it prior."

Our [lighthouse Trails] Comments:

American Girl is a doll company that has had a reputation for selling wholesome dolls; for many Christian parents, American Girl has been an  alternative to Barbie Dolls.

Once included in American Doll’s mission statement was the goal to “reinforce positive social and moral values.”1 That statement was found on their website in 2000. But American Girl today is reinforcing and promoting New Age practices. American Girl Publishing (a division of American Girl) released a book in 2009 titled Spa Fun. On the back cover, it tells young readers to try a “yoga pose.”

Inside, the chapter called “De-Stress” has sections titled “Balloon Breathes” (instructing readers to sit cross-legged and practice deep breathing exercises), “Mini Meditations” (instructs to sit cross-legged and focus on your breathing), and “Mantras.” In “Mantras,” it states: “Add a mantra to your meditation. A mantra is a sound or a word you repeat to help you focus” (p. 18).

The book also tells girls to practice “Laughing yoga”: “Sit cross-legged and take a deep breath. Exhale a few times with force saying ‘Ha-ha-ha!’ (p. 47). There is also a section called “Morning Yoga” (p. 48). On page 42, it tells girls to “meditate” and “take a mental trip to the beach.”

In 2005, American Girl was criticized by conservative and pro-life groups for donating funds to the organization Girls, Inc. which according to one online source promotes abortion rights and acceptance of homosexuality.2

Presently on the American Girl store website, Yoga Gear for Dolls is being sold. The description says:

"Today's American Girl Doll Dresses for Yoga: 'Whether practicing poses or finding inner balance, her doll will love this comfy set.'”

Spa Fun is edited by American Girl Publishing editor Erin Falligant and Michelle Watkins.

We hope parents of young girls will use much discernment when purchasing books from American Girl. You may get more than you bargained for.

To understand Yoga, meditation, and the New Age movement, read Ray Yungen’s book, For Many Shall Come in My Name.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:06 pm »

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/newsletters/2011/newsletter20110308.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:02 am »

I can't find this exact article on the LHT web site - is there an exact link to it?

It was in their news letter, http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/newsletters/2011/newsletter20110308.htm
 Smiley

I remeber this stuff from back when their abortion and gay rights stuff was exposed. Its just another "goddess" corporation.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: