End Times and Current Events
April 16, 2024, 03:07:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible  (Read 599 times)
Christian40

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:06:51 am »

I'm currently reading this book "Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible" by John Haley it has the King James passages and it is a great read:

"In this fascinating study, John Haley removes the mystery surrounding misunderstood passages and supposed contradictions found in the Bible. Confusing scriptural texts are explained, and answers to the skeptic's toughest questions are answered in an understandable and straightforward manner. No longer do you need to fear situations in which family or friends challenge your faith by bringing up what they say is an obvious discrepancy in the Bible. Empowered with the insights found in this book, you can confidently and convincingly answer their questions as you share the truth of God's Word. Explore doctrinal, ethical, and historical discrepancies as the author presents compelling examinations of issues such as mankind's relation to the present and future, the duty of man to God, and misconstrued names, dates, and places. With a complete bibliographical appendix, an index to all Scripture citations, and a general topical index, this book is sure to be a volume you'll keep close at hand as you study God's Word."

Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 425
Vendor: Whitaker House Publishers

http://www.christianbook.com/alleged-discrepancies-of-the-bible/john-haley/9780883689851/pd/689855#curr
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:37:32 am »

http://www.thywordistrue.com/articles.php

Thy Word is True

In 2001, I took a college course at the University of West Florida labeled "Studies in the New Testament." To my surprise, this was not a "study" of the New Testament Scriptures at all, but rather a course designed to cast doubt upon the authenticity of the New Testament by delivering one "discrepancy" after another. Over a period of 4 months, the teacher introduced and condoned the blashphemous Q-Document Theory, the notion that Jesus Christ was having an affair with Mary Magdalene, and of course, denied any plausability of the N.T. prophecies ever being fulfilled literally.

The main tactic used by the instructor in this course was nothing more than simply questioning what God has said (See Gen. 3:1). Approximately 30 "contradictions" were examined throughout the course of the semester, but not 1 was an actual contradiction as recorded in the King James Bible. Some of the "discrepencies" were more difficult than others, but none of them required any resources other than the Scriptures themselves for a clear understanding.

I often wonder how many students began the class with faith in the words of God, only to leave the class without it. It is my goal to supply a web site housing all of these alleged "contradictions" and their solutions, a resource that I could have used during my enrollment in this course. May the Lord bring those students and many others to this site to find the explanations to the scholars' attacks on the perfect word of God.

Send us an email. We would love to hear from you.

- Adam Engesath

http://www.thywordistrue.com/articles.php
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:42:18 pm »

I've read many such books and had public debates on them. - I would say it's more of "The Reliability of Biblical History(ies)" then really discrepancies. I believe their are none.

I have one for you - see if you know the correct answer.

In Mark , chapters 11-16 - In this rendition Jesus dies on passover day the morning after the passover meal and it says he was put to the stake at 9 O'clock in the morning. Jesus then dies on the day of passover, the morning after the passover meal was eaten.

In John's account - Pontius Pilate sentences Jesus to death at about noon , the day of preparation of the passover. (John 19:14)

These two scriptures seem to be at odds with each other as to the actually time and day.

To many Apostates and atheists alike this has Jesus dying on two different days and times - however, there is an answer that is correct that disproves this.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:19:00 am »

I've read many such books and had public debates on them. - I would say it's more of "The Reliability of Biblical History(ies)" then really discrepancies. I believe their are none.

I have one for you - see if you know the correct answer.

In Mark , chapters 11-16 - In this rendition Jesus dies on passover day the morning after the passover meal and it says he was put to the stake at 9 O'clock in the morning. Jesus then dies on the day of passover, the morning after the passover meal was eaten.

In John's account - Pontius Pilate sentences Jesus to death at about noon , the day of preparation of the passover. (John 19:14)

These two scriptures seem to be at odds with each other as to the actually time and day.

To many Apostates and atheists alike this has Jesus dying on two different days and times - however, there is an answer that is correct that disproves this.

I've come across this one before but i forget the answer! Huh It might be in this book i have. But Your right there are no discrepancies in the KJV Bible as each one has an explanation.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:50:00 am »

I don't see any contradiction, so it means what it says.
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:24:38 pm »

I don't see any contradiction, so it means what it says.

In Mark, Jesus dies the day after--the actual day of Passover after eating the Passover meal and spending the night in jail. In John, in chapter 19, it was the day of preparation. Both at different times of day.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:46:47 am »

Seriously? These people used SUNDIALS for telling time. We're not talking Rolex precision here, but that doesn't detract from the truth of the scenario, as both are describing a true event.

You wanna argue over what kind of wood the cross was made of too?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 06:28:20 am »

In Mark, Jesus dies the day after--the actual day of Passover after eating the Passover meal and spending the night in jail. In John, in chapter 19, it was the day of preparation. Both at different times of day.

Do you mean the Time and not the Day?

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

John 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

Mark and John use the same DAY, i think you mean the hour of death. Ill just assume.  As if its the time thing, 3rd hour vs 6th hour that all depends on which time system your using.  Cheesy that is no discrepency. the jews and romans counted time differently, same as they still do today.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:30:02 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: