End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 01:20:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data  (Read 590 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2015, 01:50:05 pm »

Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data

well, how about that...

One of the authors of a recent study which claimed that short conversations with gay people could change minds on same-sex marriage has retracted it.

The retraction this week of the popular article published in a December issue of the Science academic journal follows revelations that his co-author allegedly faked data for the study, “When contact changes minds: An experiment on transmission of support of gay marriage.”

According to academic watchdog Retraction Watch, Columbia University political science professor Donald Green published a retraction of the paper on Tuesday after confronting co-author Michael LaCour, a graduate assistant at UCLA.

The study received widespread media coverage from The New York Times, Vox, The Huffington Post, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and others, when it was released in December.

“I am deeply embarrassed by this turn of events and apologize to the editors, reviewers, and readers of Science,” Green told the blog.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal addresses the Nebraska Republican Convention in Grand Island, Neb., Saturday, July 14, 2012. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

Also on POLITICO
Jindal issues religious-freedom order

ADAM B. LERNER

In an email to POLITICO, Green said that he spoke with LaCour by phone on Tuesday, and that he “maintained that he did not fabricate the data but told me that he could not locate the Qualtrics source files for the surveys on the Qualtrics interface or on any of his drives.”

Qualtrics is the survey firm that purportedly conducted the original study.

“I asked him to write a retraction, and he indicated he would do so, but when it did not appear last night, I sent off my own retraction,” Green wrote.

The investigation into the paper began when graduate students at the University of California, Berkeley, were initially impressed with the work and wanted to do an extension of it, according to a timeline of their probe posted Tuesday. When the students started a similar study, they found they were not getting the large response rate that Green and LaCour received in theirs.

In another email to POLITICO, LaCour wrote that he has read the investigation and will respond: “I’m gathering evidence and relevant information so I can provide a single comprehensive response. I will do so at my earliest opportunity.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/science-retraction-gay-marriage-views-fake-data-118131.html#ixzz3ahqbG9ts

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 02:23:34 pm »

I don't know if they really faked it or not, but the bible DOES say to NOT yoke with unbelievers.

2 Corinthians 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

No, we won't lose our salvation if you do - but nonetheless pay attention to the last 2 verses - if we DO yoke around these sodomites, then our Father(Jesus Christ) will say "OK [whatever name] You're on your own!". And ultimately, they WILL defile you. Which is why Jesus Christ gave this other command.

James 1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

This is what really frustrates me about these "lordship salvation" critics - they think we can do whatever we want, and we'll still have protection from God no matter what. The bible says differently, much.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 06:51:05 am »

Sorry, i just do not believe POLLS that state this kind of info, see above

Poll: Americans Move Increasingly Left on Moral Issues
Acceptability of formerly frowned-upon issues now at a record high

Since the early 2000's, Americans have increasingly become more accepting on issues of moral behavior, with increased favorability towards homosexuality, premarital sex, out-of-wedlock births, and even polygamy. Never fear though, Americans have at least "evolved" on the much-contested issue of animal testing, dropping a total of nine points in over a decade.

The new Gallup Poll surveyed 1,024 adults, aged 18 and older, in all 50 states via telephone and discovered much has changed in a very short time. Given the relentless cultural and political push for it, Americans' increased acceptance of homosexuality comes as no shock – up from 40 to 63 percent since 2001 – with the highest level of improvement on the list. Out-of-wedlock births came in second on the list for increased acceptance, with an uptick of 16 percentage points – 45 to 61. Premarital sex came in third place, up from 53 to 68 percent since 2001. Divorce saw a sharp increase from 59 to 71 percent while polygamy saw a fairly significant increase in acceptance, though still in the minority, from 7 to 16 percent.

Though not enjoying huge leaps in acceptance, life issues still did increase in favorability, with the most significant being stem-cell research from human embryos – 52 to 64 percent. Doctor Assisted Suicide saw an increase from 49 to 56 percent while abortion saw only three percent increase from 42 to 45 percent.  The only moral issue to remain relatively low in favorability were married men and women having an affair, which saw an insignificant 1 percent increase from 7 to 8 percent.

The only two moral issues to see any decreased favorability were the death penalty and medical testing on animals. Death penalty dropped only 3 points from 63 to 60 percent while animal testing dropped a whopping total of 9 points from 65 to 56.

As noted by Gallup and what should be increasingly obvious to anyone paying attention, candidates looking to run on a ticket of traditional values will have an increasingly uphill battle as Americans become increasingly lax about moral issues. That this poll comes on the heels of another recent eye-opening poll suggesting Americans are becoming less Christian comes as no coincidence.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/poll-americans-move-increasingly-left-moral-issues
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:37:02 am »

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but either way, look at all of these pro-sodomy stories coming out, and NO backlash by the public against them. NONE.

Come to think of it, remember that transgender TX Baptist pastor last year? NO concerns by churches in America over this! Now the MSM is putting out alot of pro-transgender stories, again, everyone's going about their own business like nothing happened.

Wouldn't surprise me if these polls are truely accurate, but that's just me.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:03:20 pm »

Having a baby out of wedlock(big jump from 2001) - no surprise, as women since the 70's 2nd wave feminist movement have been conditioned to go out into the workforce. Hence marriage is put off from the get go...and it's all downhill from there...

Fornication b/w a man and a woman(big jump from 2001) - again, no surprise, not only with the same reason as above, but look at all of the modern-day "entertainment" that has indoctrinated the masses for a long time.

Divorce(big jump from 2001) - again, no surprise, as most marriages nowdays are rooted from this modern-day "dating" system(which is nothing more than lust). There's a BIG difference b/w love and lust.

Honestly, I'm surprised the jumps in these polls from 2011 to now aren't as big as the data indicates.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »

1 Peter 3:1  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1Pe 3:2  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
1Pe 3:3  Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1Pe 3:5  For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
1Pe 3:6  Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
1Pe 3:7  Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Titus 2:3  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Tit 2:4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:5  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: