End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 09:42:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mohammed cartoon contest: Hundreds expected outside Phoenix mosque

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mohammed cartoon contest: Hundreds expected outside Phoenix mosque  (Read 504 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »

Mohammed cartoon contest: Hundreds expected outside Phoenix mosque

Jon Ritzheimer is a former Marine, and he has no middle ground when it comes to Islam.

His T-shirt pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam."

Ritzheimer is the organizer of Friday's "Freedom of Speech Rally" outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix.

It's the mosque that Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi attended for a time. They're the men who drove from Arizona to a Dallas suburb to shoot up a Prophet Mohammed cartoon contest there. Both were killed by police early this month.

Many Muslims consider demeaning depictions of Mohammed to be blasphemous and banned by Islamic law.

The rally

"This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist(s), with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad," the event's Facebook page said.

Some 600 people say they're attending.

It's scheduled to start at 6:15 p.m., about the time evening prayers are taking place inside the center. The rally also features its own cartoon contest, similar to the one targeted in Texas.

"I think the whole thing, the cartoon contest especially, I think it's stupid and ridiculous," Ritzheimer said, "but it's what needs to take place in order to expose the true colors of Islam."

D.C. Metro ending issue-oriented ads after Mohammed submission

Phoenix police Chief Joe Yahner is personally involved in arranging public safety around the event, he told CNN affiliate KPHO.

"There's a lot of things in the works. The intelligence related to the crowd is changing all the time," he said.

Gov. Doug Ducey hopes common sense will prevail in the event, he said.

"Of course I'm a believer in free speech and the First Amendment. I'm also a believer in good judgment and common sense," he told the affiliate.

Cartoon ads

The rally comes as some groups have made a deliberate effort not to be cowed by Islamic extremists, like the ones who attacked the Paris offices of the the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The publication often featured caricatures of Mohammed.

In Washington, activist and conservative blogger Pamela Geller of New York wanted to place ads showing cartoons of Mohammed in the capital's transit system. She hoped to show the winning cartoon from her group's contest in Texas; the one where Simpson and Soofi were killed by police.

The Washington Metro board balked. It voted to stop showing issue-oriented ads throughout its system.

A worried community

Events like this one and other developments have Muslims in the area scared, said Imraan Siddiqi with the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

"Recently the mosques here in Phoenix actually received threatening letters -- very specific threats, saying that we are going to massacre your congregations," he said.

Ritzheimer anticipates possible problems because of the rally and says people should bring their guns.

"People are also encouraged to utilize (their) second amendment right at this event just (in case) our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack," the event's Facebook page says.

Bikers will be there too, according to the post.

Siddiqi calls it the "intersection of Islamophobia and (the) gun culture."

"When we see these two things ... then obviously it becomes more of a concern," he said. "We're advising people ... it's better to stay clear from the event, don't engage with these people."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/us/mohammed-cartoon-contest/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »

BREAKING: ISLAMISTS THREATEN AZ Mohammad Cartoon Protesters! – POST ORGANIZER’S ADDRESS ONLINE!

Jon Ritzheimer, the event’s organizer, shown here in a t-shirt that will be sold ahead of the planned protest.

The protest is called Freedom of Speech Rally Round II.

Two pro-ISIS terrorists were shot dead outside the Garland, Texas Draw Mohammad Contest in early May.  The two terrorists attended the mosque in Phoenix.

Jihadists Nadir Soofi and Elton Simpson were shot dead when they tried to ambush the Texas “Draw Mohammad Contest.” ISIS took credit for the attack.

In response to today’s rally Islamists have promised to murder the attendees tonight in Phoenix.
Radical Islamists posted the address of organizer Jon Ritzheimer online today…
(Address whited out)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/05/breaking-islamists-threaten-az-mohammad-cartoon-protesters-post-organizers-address-online/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 01:14:34 pm »

Phoenix Bikers Sponsor ‘Draw Muhammad’ Contest on Friday

Cheesy

On May 29, bikers in Phoenix, Arizona, are holding a “Draw Muhammad” contest outside the mosque at the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix, which is where the two gunmen who opened fire in Garland, Texas, allegedly attended.

Nadir Soofi and Elton Simpson drove from Phoenix to Garland and opened fire outside of the Curtis Culwell Center on May 3, while a Muhammad cartoon contest was being held. The two men were quickly killed by police working security at the event.

In the weeks since that event, numerous media pundits have criticized Pamela Geller for organizing the Muhammad cartoon contest to begin with. At what she described as her freedom of speech and expression, pundits recoiled and said she was asking for it by allegedly antagonizing Muslims.

For example, following the attack, The New York Times said Geller’s contest “was not really about free speech. It was an exercise in bigotry and hatred posing as a blow for freedom.” The paper tried to explain that those who see it otherwise are confusing “hate speech” with free speech.

Enter former Marine Jon Ritzheimer, who is organizing Friday’s “Draw Muhammad” contest in Phoenix.

According to Vocativ, Ritzheimer says his contest is an exercise in free speech and is being held, in part, to respond to the “liberals” who criticized those gathered in Texas with Geller instead of criticizing the two Islamic men who walked up to a cartoon contest and opened fire.

He put it this way:

This is not about race or any other side agenda that the Liberals are making it out to be. This is purely 100% a Freedom of Speech Rally. Stand Tall and show that we can PEACEFULLY protest our rights that are under attack. That is the sole cause for this Rally and Islam wants to silence us.

Ritzheimer is also asking all attendees to exercise their Second Amendment rights and bring firearms in case the expression of a First Amendment right “comes under the much anticipated attack.”

The group is holding a pre-contest rally at Washington Park on N. 23rd St. at 5 pm.. Then plans to go to the Islamic Community Center’s mosque at 6:15 pm and hold the contest right outside. The current president of the center is Usama Shami. He responded to Ritzheimer’s announcement by saying, “Everyone has a right to be a bigot. Everyone has a right to be racist.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/28/phoenix-bikers-sponsor-draw-muhammad-contest-on-friday/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 01:15:28 pm »

Armed Bikers Plan to Draw Cartoons of Mohammed Outside a Mosque in Arizona

An armed biker gang. Cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed. A mosque in Arizona. What could possibly go wrong?

We’ll find out Friday, when two organizers — Jon Ritzheimer and Flash Nelson — host what’s being billed as a peaceful demonstration outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix. It’s the former site of worship for Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, who were killed after opening fire outside a May 3 contest featuring cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in suburban Dallas. Simpson had no direct link to the Islamic State but was sympathetic to its cause. Many Muslims consider depictions of Mohammed blasphemous.

Just like the cartoon contest outside Dallas, this event, scheduled for 6:15 p.m. Friday, appears to welcome controversy. In a Facebook invite, the planners urge attendees to take full advantage of their Second Amendment right to carry weapons. So far, 163 people have RSVP’d.

Here’s the Facebook post in full, verbatim:

ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen. This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there [sic] second amendment right at this event just incase [sic] our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.

Date will be Friday May 29th @ 6:15pm. This is when they normally host a large prayer.

Bikers wil [sic] meet at the Denny’s located at 9030 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix, AZ 85051@ 5:00pm. Kick Stands up at 6pm.

There will be a Muhammad Cartoon Contest and the winner will be announced at the After Party. Participants must show cartoon at the Rally.

We will not have food vendors at this event because we don’t want this to turn into a carnival. People can bring snacks and water but please keep the neighborhood clean.

There will be an after party starting at 8:30pm at Wild Bills located at 6840 N. 27th Ave Phx, AZ.

Thank you all for your Support.

The rally is a follow-up to one earlier this month, which drew little attention. Facebook reveals little about Nelson, but Ritzheimer’s posts show him to be virulently anti-Muslim.

On his personal page, Ritzheimer has photos of him waving an American flag while wearing a “**** Islam” T-shirt. He identifies himself as a former Marine and states that he works with Dysfunctional Veterans, a group that appears to be a community for former soldiers.

Ritzheimer did not return a request for comment Thursday. He told local media in Arizona, “I’m a Marine, and I am far from politically correct.… I’m outspoken, and I’ve just had it.”

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/05/28/armed-bikers-plan-to-draw-cartoons-of-mohammed-outside-a-mosque-in-arizona/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 05:32:24 pm »

Ebay Blocks ‘Draw Mohammed’ Winning Cartoon from Auction

eBay has blocked the auction of Bosch Fawstin’s cartoon that won the first annual Muhammad Art Exhibit and Contest organized by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer for the American Freedom Defense Initiative.

Fawstin announced the blocking of the auction on his Twitter account:

ATTENTION: MY EBAY LISTING’S BEEN REMOVED. Those who bid $ on my winning Mohammad cartoon, I’ll try to re-list ASAP. pic.twitter.com/LYUfcWiap2

— Bosch Fawstin (@BoschFawstin) May 4, 2016

eBay Removed my winning Mohammad cartoon listing, citing a “technicality”. They’ve confirmed it’s Fishy, effectively blocked its re-listing.

The art depicts an artist drawing Mohammed with the dialogue, “‘You can’t draw me.’ ‘That’s why I draw you.’” After Breitbart News did a story on the auction, the bidding jumped above $10,000.

Fawstin’s picture won the first annual Muhammad Art Exhibit and Contest organized by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer for the American Freedom Defense Initiative. The First Amendment-themed event was attacked by terrorists with AK-47s, although the terrorists were shot dead by an alert officer before they could attack the event.

Fawstin is looking for other ways to put the cartoon up for sale:

As per my last tweet, if anyone has suggestion 4 alternative way to auction my Mohammad cartoon, let me know. May host my own silent auction

***Update***

Fawstin sent this follow-up message to Breitbart News:

Before eBay removed my listing on a “technicality”, the current highest bid for it was $10,000 in only three days. To the bidders (I had 37 bids) and the 108 “watchers” on eBay who are interested in my Mohammad cartoon: eBay removed the listing on a “technicality”, and after an attempt to correct it and re-list, they erected a couple of new obstacles to doing so, effectively barring it from eBay. Contact me to be notified of my next step.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/04/ebay-blocks-draw-mohammed-winning-cartoon-from-auction/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:34:17 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: