End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 06:24:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Does the Bible Really Advocate Sanctuary Cities?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Bible Really Advocate Sanctuary Cities?  (Read 346 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:25:30 am »

Does the Bible Really Advocate Sanctuary Cities?

Around 40 cities and hundreds of counties in America have joined the “sanctuary cities” movement, which means they offer limited or no cooperation to federal officials carrying out deportations.

President Trump’s executive order on Jan. 25 to halt federal funding to these local governments has reignited the debate over the practice.

While immigration laws require local governments to inform federal officials when undocumented immigrants are held in nonfederal prisons for various offenses, the practice of sanctuary — a place of legal protection — is rooted in laws of the Torah or Old Testament.

That leads some Christians and Jews to think that offering such a shield from the law to illegal immigrants is a noble thing. Most advocates, however, seem totally unaware of the conditions prescribed in the Old Testament for receiving such protection.

Sanctuary is among the laws given to Moses at Mount Sinai, according to Exodus 21:12-15:

Anyone who strikes a man and kills him shall surely be put to death. However, if he does not do it intentionally, … he is to flee to a place I will designate. But if a man schemes and kills another man deliberately, take him away from my altar and put him to death.

This passage, along with others in ancient Israelite Law, show that murder was a capital offense, hence the well-known commandment “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13). The Bible does, however, distinguish between premeditated murder and accidental death or manslaughter and negligent homicide. Only intentional or premeditated killing was punishable by death.

The reason why people in Bible times sought sanctuary was because of the lex talionis, the law of retaliation, or the “eye for an eye” principle. The natural human impulse is to extract more than “an eye for eye and tooth for tooth.” Put another way, the punishment exceeded the crime. When the Old Testament law introduced the law of retaliation, it was to limit punishment to fit the crime, as Exodus 21:23-25 specifies: “if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.”

Should an individual be killed, a family member, known as a redeemer or avenger, was obliged to seek justice. In later biblical law specific cities would serve as a place of sanctuary:

When you cross the Jordan into Canaan, select some towns to be your cities of refuge, to which a person who has killed someone accidentally may flee. They will be places of refuge from the avenger, so that a person accused of murder may not die before he stands trial before the assembly. These six towns you give will be your cities of refuge … so that anyone who has killed another accidentally can flee there (Numbers 35:11-15)

The purpose of the practice of sanctuary at the temple or the cities of refuge scattered throughout Israel was to provide safe zones to which the person who had accidentally killed someone could flee, be protected from excessive retribution and have the case heard by an impartial judge. A contemporary analogy for this practice is when a defendant seeks a change of venue to ensure a fair trial. The person may be guilty of killing, but not murder according to biblical law. A defendant was to flee ahead of the avenger to one of the sanctuary locations where he could “state his case before the elders of that city” (Joshua 20:4).

The biblical practice of sanctuary, then, was to protect the offender from vigilante justice and to guarantee one received a fair trial. A person who was found guilty of intentionally murdering someone should be removed from the protection of the sanctuary and receive his punishment. This practice is clearly stated in Exodus 21:14: “take him away from my altar and put him to death.”

According to these biblical passages dealing with the practice of sanctuary in the Bible, it is clear that its purpose was limited exclusively for offenders who had accidentally or unintentionally killed someone, thereby providing a place where their case could be heard. Sanctuary was never intended as a place to avoid “the law” and the consequences of criminal behavior, but to allow the law to take its proper course rather than unwarranted vengeful retaliation when it was not called for. Consequently, American cities, counties and universities that offer sanctuary for foreigners who have broken American laws regulating entry to our country cannot claim to be following the practice described in the Bible. Rather, they are twisting biblical statutes to political ends and subverting federal law.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/columnists/guest-commentary/does-the-bible-really-advocate-sanctuary-cities.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:57:38 pm »

The American Church Has Become An Instrument of Globalist Oppression

In the annals of the Independent Media, it is a well-established fact that unorganized and chaotic immigration practices are being used to undermine the culture of national sovereignty of the nations of the West.

Unfortunately, the American church has become a primary instrument being used in the demise of our culture and nation’s  sovereignty.
Sanctuary Cities

Phoenix is a sanctuary city, or at least it was until President Trump told these cities that their federal money would be withheld if they continued to break federal immigration laws. And it is interesting, the deportations of illegal immigrants is limited to those who have committed serious crimes against the people of the United States, and yet people continue to protest the enforcement of our laws. I fail to understand why this is an issue for any person to accept. Isn’t a nation a safer nation if felons, who are not supposed to be in the country are being expelled?

Although sacntuary cities will all but disappear, chruches will take up their function.

I fail to understand what people are protesting. Are they protesting the fact that a government’s Chief Executive does not have the right to screen immigrants for health and criminal background? Are they protesting the fact that we should not be deporting criminals who have a track record of endangering our society? Is America supposed to become the modern day version of a penal colony? And nowhere is this leftist lunacy more prevalent than in the American church. While President Trump is espousing “America first”, many of the American churches live by the philosophy, “America last”.
A Personal Anecdote

I was driving in downtown Phoenix last week and I saw a truck with the words, Lutheran Church. In a subtitle beneath the these words, were the words “Refugee Services”. In other words, an American based church was diverting the offerings of Americans to the church to perpetuate the illegal sanctuaries for illegal immigrants.

For the record, if a human being, in front of me is bleeding, I will render aid, without regard to the language that they speak. If a human being, without regard to a country of origin, is starving, I will feed them. My Christianity is not bounded by national boundaries. Churches should and do have outreach programs to help those in need in order to grow the flock of Christians.

However, what I found in a cursory investigation, was that my former church, a Lutheran church located in Glendale, Arizona, has greatly increased its contributions to “Refugee Services” while decreasing contributions to other programs which would include and serve primarily American citizens. In other words, my former church was playing politics with the contributions of its membership in order to support illegal immigrants.  I have a major problem with this practice. Where I would render aid to a human being without regard to their demographics, my former church is rendering aid in preference to illegal alien’s demographics, and this is done in deference to overt programs intended for American citizens. In other words, my former church is playing politics on behalf of the deculturizing strategies of people like George Soros and the New World Order.

I took my local observations and attempted to query the various sects of the Lutheran Church on their national allocations of their American member’s contributions and found an exaggerated version of the same trend. Immigrants, first, Americans last, when it comes to expanding and contracting budgets. The biggest example had to do with foreign outreach programs vs. the same kind of programs in America which used to be directed at the homeless in America’s inner cities.

I have come to the conclusion that the modern church is an instrument of the New World Order as it participates as the church has come to view itself on a global scale with a decided deemphasis on American needs. I was raised on the edict of God, Country, Family.  That mandate has changed to Less emphasis on the true word of God, no emphasis on country and a decided globalist view is being forced upon today’s church-goers.

The concept of Christ is universal. However, churches are meant to be primarily a vessel of service, in the name of Christ, that serves the needs of their community. My anecdotal investigation also found several instances of where the Catholic church was actively recruiting foreigners to come to America, without regard to the legal process of immigration. In other words, the Catholic church was facilitating criminal behavior.  So much for Romans 13.

The birth rate in America is 1.8 and we need 2.1 to maintain our population and as I have said before, immigration is good and needed in America. However, type of immigration being set forth by the American churches of today is national suicide.
When Does a Modern Country Become a Third World Country?

When does a First World country become a Third World country? The better question is, how many third world immigrants can a modern country take on until they become the newest Third World country? This is why in the 1880’s, at the height of America’s largest legal immigration period, American law reflected the fact that the country would control the number of immigrants and the origin of the immigrants would be limited by a quota system. Further, the absence of communicable disease was a requirement for entry as was the absence of serious criminal behavior in the background of the immigrant as much as could be determined.

Today’s churches and their “immigration outreach services” have total disdain for the welfare of the country, as a whole, as they facilitate law-breaking behavior to the overall detriment of American citizens. The FBI has stated, for example, that one in ten immigrants from the Middle East could be expected to be radicalized. This is a euphemism for terrorist potentialities.

Why would any organization, even a church, advocate for the entry of these people without proper screening? Are we to assume that the Lutheran church is just fine with the events of Orlando, San Bernardino and 9/11? If so, this is why I want nothing to do with the modern American church.
Other Transgressions

When Donald Trump said he was opposed to the restrictions placed on tax-exempt churches to speak out on critical issues by the IRS, I had hoped that Christians without faith, Christians without courage and Christians without conviction to the teachings of Jesus Christ would rediscover their soul and subsequently speak the Christian truth on such subjects as abortion.

I would hope that Christians throughout America would recognize the globalist leanings of their church and reject these churches. One does not have to belong to a church, in the church’s present form to be a Christian. One can participate in home bible studies where the emphasis is on the Word of God and not on raising money for the social justice programs of the New World Order. Let’s be clear about one thing, if a church serves the purpose of globalism, that church does not serve God.

Please leave me examples of globalism in your church. I am particularly interested in anti-American sentiment being set forth by many churches.  Please leave your observations in the comments section.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/02/26/the-american-church-has-become-an-instrument-of-globalist-oppression/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: