End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:17:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny  (Read 54123 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2016, 09:16:32 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2016, 07:17:08 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2016, 07:15:00 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/ted-cruz-refuses-to-answer-yes-or-no-question-about-his-marriage/

Ted Cruz Loses Composure, Refuses To Answer Simple ‘Yes Or No’ Question About His Marriage

Why couldn't Ted Cruz just simply have said "no", I have never been unfaithful to my wife? It would have ended all debate and all controversy about the subject. But he was either unwilling or unable to do so.

3/29/16

Ted Cruz hides behind Carly Fiorina and then refuses to answer simple question

In an interview yesterday in Wisconsin, Ted Cruz and his ‘paid-for endorser‘ Carly Fiorina stood to answer questions from reporters. Everything was the standard politician boilerplate replies until he was asked a question about his marriage to Heidi by a reporter from the Daily Mail UK. It was a very simply question, honestly asked, and it was a simple ‘yes or no’ question. What happened next was mindblowing.

Here is the segment of the interview uncut and unedited, decide for yourself. If you don’t want to listen to the whole thing skip to 6:30 to hear the question from the Daily Mail.

It was a yes or no question, and Ted Cruz was unwilling to answer it. All it would have taken was one word, “no”, and the moment would have passed without incident. Instead, Cruz allow Carly Fiorina to speak for him. When he did speak, he did not answer the question.

Why couldn’t Ted Cruz just simply have said “no”, I have never been unfaithful to my wife? It would have ended all debate and all controversy about the subject. But he was either unwilling or unable to do so. When Fiorina was answering for him, he looked visibly shaken and kept gazing at the ground. His only answer was to say that the ‘National Enquirer story’ was planted by Trump. But that has nothing to do with what the Daily Mail reporter asked him. He asked him if he was ever unfaithful to his wife.

He refused to answer that question.

When he went on to a new question you could hear the tremble in his voice. What should have been a slam-dunk moment to put all this behind him only served to make him look like he is hiding the truth.

What can we now conclude as to the truthfulness of his answers when he is asked a question? More and more it seems that he is living up to his name ‘Lying Ted’.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2016, 07:44:19 pm »

So when Slick Willy calmly and emphatically said he never slept with that woman, that ended all debate about his fidelity? Come on, guys...

What more did they want him to say? He said the story was false. That's what the reporter was obviously getting at, even mentioning the story in his question. And Fiorina gets in the middle of it because that's the kind of person Carly Fiorina is: pushy and kind of rude.

If it's true, it'll come to light. No more bias one way or the other. The fact that TWO women have publicly and vehemently denied this story (one of them being a Trump spokesperson) says a lot, I think. Whether the story's all false or partially true is yet to be determined.
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »

So when Slick Willy calmly and emphatically said he never slept with that woman, that ended all debate about his fidelity? Come on, guys...

What more did they want him to say? He said the story was false. That's what the reporter was obviously getting at, even mentioning the story in his question. And Fiorina gets in the middle of it because that's the kind of person Carly Fiorina is: pushy and kind of rude.

If it's true, it'll come to light. No more bias one way or the other. The fact that TWO women have publicly and vehemently denied this story (one of them being a Trump spokesperson) says a lot, I think. Whether the story's all false or partially true is yet to be determined.

Bill was impeached for lying to the American people about it. Just the nasty Dems let it pass. Carly was paid $500,000.00 to keep quite. That is a new one that even the federal election board is looking into. As to the woman involved the National Enquire story has not named anyone. Those names came from a Cruz supporter of all things.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:23:30 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2016, 09:00:31 pm »

Bill was impeached for lying to the American people about it. Just the nasty Dems let it pass. Carly was paid $500,000.00 to keep quite. That is a new one that even the federal election board is looking into. As to the woman involved the National Enquire story has not named anyone. Those names came from a Cruz supporter of all things.

The point about Bill Clinton was to prove that saying "no I didn't do it" would not have, as the people over at NTEB said, "ended all debate and all controversy about the subject."

And if they find something, I'm all ears. Until then, I won't assume.

The National Enquirer used their pictures in the story. All they did was pixelate them a bit. A little digging found the exact pictures they used for 3 of the women:

Two of them have vehemently denied having any such relationship with Cruz, one of them being a Trump spokeswoman. If the others come out and say something concrete to confirm this story, then ok. Until then, all we have is hearsay. And the fact that we're so quick to say this is absolute fact without a single shred of evidence is unfair.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »

The point about Bill Clinton was to prove that saying "no I didn't do it" would not have, as the people over at NTEB said, "ended all debate and all controversy about the subject."

And if they find something, I'm all ears. Until then, I won't assume.

The National Enquirer used their pictures in the story. All they did was pixelate them a bit. A little digging found the exact pictures they used for 3 of the women:

Two of them have vehemently denied having any such relationship with Cruz, one of them being a Trump spokeswoman. If the others come out and say something concrete to confirm this story, then ok. Until then, all we have is hearsay. And the fact that we're so quick to say this is absolute fact without a single shred of evidence is unfair.

That picture you are using is NOT from the National Enquire. Look it up, that was put out by a pundit. While that might be the people, no where has the National Enquire said so. And seriously do you think they would just make up a story like this? Also Cruz has been asked TWICE to deny the charges both times he wouldnt answer. His wife has left the campaign trail and went HOME. I believe there is a story here somewhere. Just because he comes out professing all religions does not make him a martyr.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2016, 09:20:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2016, 06:47:29 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2016, 06:48:49 pm »

^^ That's NOT my yard sign - I got it off of another message forum.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »

That picture you are using is NOT from the National Enquire. Look it up, that was put out by a pundit. While that might be the people, no where has the National Enquire said so. And seriously do you think they would just make up a story like this? Also Cruz has been asked TWICE to deny the charges both times he wouldnt answer. His wife has left the campaign trail and went HOME. I believe there is a story here somewhere. Just because he comes out professing all religions does not make him a martyr.

The five blurred photos in my post DID come from the National Enquirer.

I posted unblurred photos that look EXACTLY like what was in the original Enquirer magazine page. It's obvious those are the women the National Enquirer are alleging that Ted Cruz had affairs with.

It's entirely possible that they would make up a story like this. Who benefits from it? Donald Trump. I've already posted some facts about Trump's relationship to the Enquirer and the guy who runs it, David Pecker. Also, Donald Trump is the first candidate in history to be endorsed by the Enquirer!

He's been denying the charges since they came out. Saying the story is "utter lies," "total garbage," "completely false," etc. sounds like a denial of the charges, doesn't it?

Also, how many times do I have to say that I'm not supporting Cruz because of religion? It would be akin to me continuing to bring up Trump's numerous affairs to you. You aren't voting for Trump because he's supposedly a Christian. You've admitted that. I'm not voting for Cruz because he's a supposed Christian. I've said that multiple times and yet you keep bringing it up.

For (hopefully) the last time, I'm voting for Cruz because I think he's the only candidate still running who actually believes in conservative governmental principles regarding size of government, taxation, etc.

And again, if it turns out that Cruz DID have affairs with other women, then I'll drop him fast. But the fact is we have no actual evidence for these claims. So we can't go around acting like it's true when we have no evidence. I've already posted reasons to at LEAST have reasonable doubts.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:10 pm »

Not saying I don't agree with Trump here (probably the only one who's stood up for this ever) - but at the same time, do NOT be fooled by this. This is only going to stray away "evangelicals" from Trump (as 99% of churches in America are 501c3), and ultimately hand over the (rigged) election to Hillary. Pretty much, these churches made their own choice with 501c3, b/c they want to worship the god of mammon.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2016, 05:23:26 pm »

The five blurred photos in my post DID come from the National Enquirer.

Thats right 5 blurred photos. The Enquirer did not unblur or mention any names. Those came from other websites.

I posted unblurred photos that look EXACTLY like what was in the original Enquirer magazine page. It's obvious those are the women the National Enquirer are alleging that Ted Cruz had affairs with.

That would not stand up in court. And you know it.

He's been denying the charges since they came out. Saying the story is "utter lies," "total garbage," "completely false," etc. sounds like a denial of the charges, doesn't it?

When directly asked if he has ever cheated on his wife he has never given a yes or no. He has always deflected.

For (hopefully) the last time, I'm voting for Cruz because I think he's the only candidate still running who actually believes in conservative governmental principles regarding size of government, taxation, etc.

Vote for who you want, votes do not matter at all.

Dan 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Isa 3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
 Isa 3:2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,
 Isa 3:3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.

Isa 3:4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
 Isa 3:5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the  honourable.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2016, 06:05:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »

^^ An occasional humor here and there is OK, but there's no such thing as "joking", per se - Ted Cruz said what he said (about Killing Donald Trump) b/c murder is in his heart.

Romans 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 01, 2016, 07:57:25 pm »

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/john-kasich-sex-scandal-explode/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2016, 08:52:59 pm »

That does not surprise me at all.
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 01, 2016, 11:24:30 pm »

Thats right 5 blurred photos. The Enquirer did not unblur or mention any names. Those came from other websites.

That would not stand up in court. And you know it.

Come on, now. Look at the blurred photos and look at the unblurred photos. They're literally the same exact photos, down to the earrings on Katrina Pierson's ears. There's a difference between being reasonably skeptical and putting your head in the sand.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:50 am »

Come on, now. Look at the blurred photos and look at the unblurred photos. They're literally the same exact photos, down to the earrings on Katrina Pierson's ears. There's a difference between being reasonably skeptical and putting your head in the sand.

No, that is being accountable to a court of law.
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »

No, that is being accountable to a court of law.

Funny you would say that, seeing as how you admit to ignoring laws you simply don't like. "I know what the law says, i just do not agree with it."

They are the exact same pictures. To say otherwise is simply illogical. It would be like arguing that this cartoon character, voiced by Adam West, is not at all based on the 1960s Batman:

Vote for who you want, votes do not matter at all.

You said, "So think about that on voting day." Why vote at all if it doesn't even matter?

We all believe in the sovereignty of God. But God's sovereignty doesn't negate human choice. Human choice simply bends to the will of God. The votes still count, but the votes are going to reflect God's will.

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2016, 04:33:49 pm »

Funny you would say that, seeing as how you admit to ignoring laws you simply don't like. "I know what the law says, i just do not agree with it."

They are the exact same pictures. To say otherwise is simply illogical. It would be like arguing that this cartoon character, voiced by Adam West, is not at all based on the 1960s Batman:

Based on and being the exact is different. That is catman not the 1960's gay batman. NOT THE SAME.  Grin

You said, "So think about that on voting day." Why vote at all if it doesn't even matter?

your starting to catch on

We all believe in the sovereignty of God. But God's sovereignty doesn't negate human choice. Human choice simply bends to the will of God. The votes still count, but the votes are going to reflect God's will.

The people in America have never voted for who the president is. At first it was left up to the senate, than we have the electoral college. No mere citizen elects a president. I would think that that is so blatantly obvious this election cycle.

P.S. what did you think of Cruz admitting he would like to run Donald Trump over and kill him?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »

THE FIX IS IN=> GOP Leader Priebus Says He Won’t Turn Over Party to Trump if He Wins

n an unprecedented move, Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus says he will not give the Trump campaign control over the party apparatus if he wins the nomination.

Newsmax reported:

If Donald Trump wins the Republican presidential nomination this summer, Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus is vowing not to give the billionaire’s campaign control over the party leading up to the November election, according to a report in The New York Times.

The Times said Priebus “has also let it be known that he does not plan to let the Trump campaign take over the party apparatus if he captures the nomination.

“At an off-the-record happy hour with reporters last week, Mr. Priebus said clearly that, regardless of precedent, he would not be layered over by Mr. Trump’s loyalists, according to two people present.”

If true, Priebus’ decision would be a stunning reversal of precedent and a serious slap in the face to the Trump campaign.

In modern presidential campaigns, the presumptive nominee of the party, even before gaining the nomination, takes de facto control over the party and its apparatus.

The candidate and the campaign takes the helm of the national campaign effort, with the party and RNC chair taking direction from them.

The Times report by correspondents Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Martin detail Trump’s Thursday meeting Chairman Priebus and other party staff in Washington, D.C. Trump said afterward the gathering was “a very good meeting . . . It’s really a unity meeting.”

But The Times report painted a more nuanced picture, with Priebus and top aides complaining about Trump’s combative approach to the party, its officials and other candidates.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/fix-rnc-leader-priebus-says-wont-turn-party-trump-wins/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2016, 06:01:40 pm »

CRUZ WHY IS YOUR NUMBER ON THE LIST OF D.C. MADAM?

If you don’t know what this is. It is a page of Debora Pelfrey,s phone records.(The DC Madam) Ted Cruz private numbers are supposedly on it!

So now what Cruz?  Who are you going to blame now?

Looks like Teddy has been a very naughty boy for a very long time.

http://gawker.com/disbarred-birther-attorney-says-he-has-records-from-dc-1767915692

“The question now becomes, how many times did Ted Cruz name and number appear in the DC Madam’s records?  With Ted Cruz playing the part of the devout Christian to woo Evangelical voters to his Presidential Campaign, his use of whores becomes particularly relevant to today’s election campaign.” Read full story here:  https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1095
This is a developing story.  Stay tuned for Part 2 of “Meet The Cruz’s – A Man Has Needs”.  Wonder if this was some sort of “poison (PEN) number” he was using to bust the D.C. Madam? You know…give them a number and play along to bust them in the end?  After all, isn’t that what Ted’s all about?  Saying one thing in disguise in order to do another?  That is what he always says when he gets caught.  The question is, will it work this time?

Dianne Marshall

UPDATED 4-1-16

Just in – LET THE MEDIA RUN WITH IT!

https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/cruz-why-is-your-number-on-the-list-of-d-c-madam/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »

Looks like they've found some very crafty ways to give the big prize to Hillary - notice how her whole Benghazi scandal has gone under the radar now.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2016, 10:03:09 pm »

Ted Cruz And The Wall Street Connection

t was disturbing enough when Senator Ted Cruz announced that Neil Bush, brother of Jeb and George W., would be a Finance Chairman of his campaign.

Neil defrauded U.S. taxpayers out of $1.5 billion dollars in a savings and loan scam. Now however, Cruz has announced a key appointment that should disturb voters even more.

Cruz named Former Texas Senator Phil Gramm as his economic guru. This guy virtually crashed the U.S. economy. Gramm is largely responsible for two bills which led to the speculative bubble which popped in September 2008. First was his Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill that repealed Glass Steagall, which separated investment banking from commercial banking. Its repeal — which was signed into law by President Clinton, with the backing of Robert Rubin and Larry Summers — opened the door for a flood of money, from commercial banks, to flow into mortgage-backed securities and other funny-money schemes, which blew up in 2008.

The second bill was the Commodity Futures Modernization Act (CFMA), which totally freed derivative trading from any regulatory oversight. This was another Phil Gramm bill, and was central to the bubble creation from 2000 to 2008, and then again today.

Following the crash of 2008, the Dodd Frank bill was backed by Obama and teams of Wall Street lobbyists, who mobilized to make sure that Glass Steagall was not restored, and that the CFMA was kept in place. As a result, when combined with bailouts and Quantitative Easing, a new bubble has grown, allowing Wall Street speculators to continue the Ponzi scheme, while depriving the real economy of credit.

Phil Gramm is now an official at UBS, the Swiss bank which has been under fire for its protection of tax-cheating U.S. corporations and the upper echelon of financial speculators. Gramm would be the architect of the Cruz economic model, great for Wall Street but no so hot for American taxpayers.

As for Hillary, she has rejected a return to Glass Steagall, as she has become the darling of Wall Street speculators who are heavily funding her campaign.  She vehemently defends Bill’s role in the repeal of Glass Steagall.

And, of course, she shares with Cruz a fondness for Goldman Sachs. The bank bailed out by U.S. taxpayers paid Hillary $675,000 for a speech. They also made a secret sweetheart loan to Ted Cruz’s U.S. Senate campaign. So in a Clinton-Cruz race the folks on Wall Street win either way

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/01/ted-cruz-and-the-wall-street-connection/#ixzz44jFrsDQF
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/mathematically-its-impossible-for-ted-cruz-to-win-the-nomination/

Mathematically It’s Now Impossible For Ted Cruz To Win The Nomination

Currently Ted Cruz has only 463 delegates. Even if Cruz wins Wisconsin, which is a state whose delegates are winner take most (WTM), he still will not have enough delegates to win the election by April 26th.

4/4/16

Based on current delegate counts and poll numbers Ted Cruz will be mathematically unable to reach the delegate count required for him to win the Republican Presidential nomination.

By the end April it will be clear that Ted Cruz has no chance of reaching the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination. Actually in only 3 weeks, on April 26th, it will be clear that Ted Cruz cannot win.

Currently Cruz has only 463 delegates. Even if Cruz wins Wisconsin, which is a state whose delegates are winner take most (WTM), he still will not have enough delegates to win the election by April 26th.

Chuck Todd to Ted Cruz: ‘Wait a minute, you finished third’ in South Carolina

Ted Cruz has been consistently trounced by Donald Trump at every possible turn, and seems unable to face the reality of the fact that he is hundreds of delegates behind with no chance for legally catching up with Trump.

This is in part because New York is leaning heavily towards Trump who leads according to polls listed at Real Clear Politics by as much as 36%. New York has a Republican primary where the delegates are split proportionally. So even if Cruz wins a third of the delegates, it won’t be enough. This is because come April 26th, there are five Republican Presidential primaries and three of these are winner take all (WTA). All three of these states are in the East where polls show Trump leading (Maryland and Pennsylvania) or there is no polling available with the state highly likely leaning towards Trump (Delaware).

Even if Cruz wins a third of the delegates in Rhode Island or Connecticut or any of these states, it will not be enough to keep him mathematically in the race.

Based on current numbers, come April 26th, Cruz will need 687 delegates to win the election but only 634 will be available.

Then Cruz’s only chance at the end of April to win the election is the highly unlikely scenario where Trump doesn’t gain enough delegates to win the nomination outright and that the Republican elites in a contested convention support Cruz.

Even if there were a contested convention, it is unlikely that the elites would offer the Presidency to Cruz over some other establishment candidate. The only other scenario is that Cruz hangs on and takes the candidate delegates from Kasich and Rubio for example, and hopes this is enough to overtake Trump. This, too, is a far out strategy.

If Cruz hangs on and doesn’t concede to Trump at the end of April, like Kasich is currently doing, Cruz comes across as unrealistic, out of touch and a sore loser.

Overall based on the numbers, because it is highly unlikely East Coast Republicans will vote for a Canadian- born Texan for President over a New York billionaire, April will be Cruz’s last hurrah.  But on the bright side Ted, you will always be welcomed back home in Canada. source

Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2016, 06:13:56 am »

Based on and being the exact is different. That is catman not the 1960's gay batman. NOT THE SAME Grin

The point being that it is so obvious it would be silly to say otherwise. We literally have the photos that they blurred. We aren't basing this off of speculation, it's based on obvious photo evidence.

The people in America have never voted for who the president is. At first it was left up to the senate, than we have the electoral college. No mere citizen elects a president. I would think that that is so blatantly obvious this election cycle.

We don't live in a direct democracy, which is "majority rule". The electoral college serves a purpose. The electors are voted on by the people during the presidential election. When you vote for, say, the Republican candidate, you are also voting for the Republican electors. Those electors will give their electoral votes to the Republican candidate. The first candidate to 270 electoral votes, of course, wins.

The concept of the electoral college came about as a method of preventing a populist tyrant-to-be (a la Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, etc.) or a simply unqualified candidate from being elected president. In a sense, it is very similar to the 2nd Amendment. We have to understand that a republic the scale of the United States hadn't been tried since Rome. It was such a new thing and was very fragile. They were very fearful of it being toppled or abused. That's why there are so many checks on government power. Both the 2nd Amendment and the electoral college are checks on a government from going tyrannical.

For example, a majority could vote in a candidate that would compromise the republic (like, for example, Hugo Chavez, who was democratically elected in Venezuela), but in the event of something like that happening, the electoral college has the power to vote contrary to the popular vote if need be. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.
http://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html

P.S. what did you think of Cruz admitting he would like to run Donald Trump over and kill him?

It's in very bad taste and is pretty shameful.

Now regarding the D.C. Madam phone number list, I think this is the closest we've come to actual proof for the scandal being true. I almost bought into it for a while, until I thought about it for a minute. We have to remember that this list is from 15 years ago. It's a phone log from 2001.

1) Ted Cruz didn't live in Texas in 2001. He and Heidi were living in Washington D.C.

2) Even if Cruz did live in Texas at the time, when it says "TX" on the log, that is where the D.C. Madam was calling from, not where the number she was calling originated from.

3) How would anyone be able to retrace a 15 year old phone number (that probably doesn't exist anymore) to the right person? They either still have to have the same number or you would need to know for a fact who she talked to when they called (the only one who would know that is the D.C. Madam and she's dead).

4) Her attorney came out and said this. How would he know anything about it? It's not like he was intimately involved in her escort business.

It's possible that Ted Cruz had something to do with the D.C. Madam back then, but again, there's definitely reason to doubt it, too.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2016, 05:13:34 pm »

39 Percent of GOP 'Evangelical' Voters Don't Believe Bible Is Literal Word of God

Nearly four in 10 Republican voters who identify themselves as "born again" or "evangelical" don't believe the Bible is the literal Word of God.

Pew Research published an analysis last week on the evangelical vote in the 2016 election season, using data accrued from the 20014 Religious Landscape Study.

According to the 2014 data, 39 percent of self-identified evangelical voters in the Republican Party do not believe the Bible is literal Word of God.

The analysis was based off of the question many political observers had regarding the strong support Republican frontrunner Donald Trump purportedly has among people who identify as evangelical Christians.

"[S ]ome religious leaders, political analysts and researchers have questioned whether many of these self-described evangelicals actually are evangelical Christians," noted Pew.

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/39-percent-evangelical-republican-gop-voters-dont-believe-bible-literal-word-of-god-159779/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:13:41 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2016, 06:05:26 pm »

Assuming the rapture doesn't happen in 2020, just wait until they throw in Kanye West for the GOP nomination...so they can keep Hillary in the White House.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »

39 Percent of GOP 'Evangelical' Voters Don't Believe Bible Is Literal Word of God

That's a sad statistic. 'Evangelical' is really a meaningless title anymore. How can you be 'evangelical' (deriving from the Greek word for gospel) if you don't even believe the gospel?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: