End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 07:43:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny  (Read 54194 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2016, 10:05:27 pm »

SHOCK: Republicans cancel presidential election in CO...
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28700919/

This country is over and done with.

Voters burn registrations in protest...

CRUZ CELEBRATES VOTERLESS VICTORY

I wonder when he will realize that the GOP leaders arent picking him either  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2016, 09:28:18 pm »

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan, facing increasing questions about his 2016 plans, sought to end speculation Tuesday that he may be a late entrant into the messy Republican race for president.

"Let me be clear: I do not want, nor will I accept the nomination for our party," Ryan said in remarks from the Republican National Committee's headquarters in Washington.

In a plea to delegates, Ryan added: "I believe you should only choose from a person who has actually participated in the primary. Count me out."
With his conservative credentials and appeal to the party establishment, a growing number of Republicans had publicly and privately floated Ryan as the lone candidate who could unite a party in disarray as it heads into a possible contested convention in Cleveland.

But Ryan, who also has the job as chairman of the convention, wanted to dispel any notions that he's plotting his own presidential bid. Behind the scenes, Ryan is making clear that his biggest goal in 2016 is now helping save an increasingly endangered House GOP majority. Ryan now will begin a furious fundraising push for his colleagues and to bolster his own coffers. According to a list obtained by CNN, Ryan will hold nearly 20 fundraising events over the next eight weeks, capping off with a June money event in Hot Springs, Virginia.

While Ryan has repeatedly said he's not interested in a White House run, many GOP supporters argued he made similar comments when he initially said he would never become the speaker of the House.

On Tuesday, Ryan dismissed comparisons between speculation that he would accept the speakership -- which he repeatedly denied before taking the position last fall -- and his refusal on Tuesday to be considered for the GOP's nomination at the Republican convention in July. He suggested convention delegates should adopt a rule only allowing a candidate who has run to be the party's presidential nominee.

Asked by CNN if he believes only one of the final three 2016 Republican candidates -- Donald Trump, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich -- should be the nominee, Ryan would only say, "I'll leave that up to the delegates."

"We should be selecting among people who actually ran for the job," Ryan added.

If delegates follow his advice, Ryan's position means other former candidates -- like Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker or former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush -- could find themselves in the fold if the convention is deadlocked.

Minutes before Ryan was scheduled to address reporters in the lobby of the RNC, dozens of protestors visiting Washington for a "Democracy Spring"
gathered outside. The group is advocating rules to remove the influence of money in politics and loud chants of "free and fair elections" were heard inside the room where about a dozen cameras and throngs of reporters gathered to cover the speaker's remarks.

Major distraction

The move comes as the chatter over a possible Ryan bid at a deadlocked convention is becoming a major distraction for the speaker. But Ryan aides believe even a late entry would not have been feasible and would have divided the party even further.

Ryan continues to stress that his main priority is developing an agenda for the eventual nominee to adopt, to show what Republicans would do to replace Obamacare, reform the tax code, address poverty and boost job creation.

Even before Ryan planned to address the issue on Tuesday, conservatives were warning that any move to install him as the party's standard-bearer at the Republican convention in Cleveland would backfire.

The one thing that would completely destroy the party is coming out (of Cleveland) with Paul Ryan as the nominee," Republican South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney told CNN on Monday.

Another conservative told CNN he opposed Ryan -- or any other individual who hasn't been campaigning -- from getting the party's nomination.
"To parachute someone in who hasn't run for the office, who hasn't done the grueling work of campaigning -- if you want to do something that heightens cynicism to all-time high, that would do it," Virginia Rep. Dave Brat told CNN on Monday.

Several House Republicans told CNN that Ryan has been clear with them that he has been trying to tamp down the speculation and he doesn't want to run for president. They say he made a conscious decision when he decided to run for speaker last fall that he was removing himself from a White House bid.

Mulvaney said his concerns had nothing to do with Ryan personally, but because Republican activists would feel "something was taken from them unfairly and they would stay home." He predicted 60% of the voters in his district wouldn't vote in November if the convention handed the nomination to the House speaker.

"I think it's simply nonsense that someone outside of the three people running for this nomination are going to be nominated at this convention,"

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner told CNN's John Berman on "At This Hour." "It's just nonsense. One of the three will be our nominee, and I know there are some people who think there is going to be this through-the-looking-glass-moment for Paul Ryan or perhaps others, but it's simply not going to happen."

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz also commented on Ryan's announcement, which she said is no surprise given the contentious GOP nomination fight.

"I'm not at all surprised he doesn't want to step in the way of this trainwreck," Wasserman Schultz said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/politics/paul-ryan-to-rule-out-presidential-bid/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

Luke 21:28

Jesus is the answer for our moral ills. Conservative principals are the answer to our government corruption.
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2016, 10:35:45 pm »

Ever notice that Cruz never refutes this stuff?

WOW! Glenn Beck: Nobody Can Understand the Moses-Like Burden Ted Cruz Carries (VIDEO)

What the hell?
Glenn Beck endorsed Senator Ted Cruz before the Iowa Caucuses and has been campaigning for the former Canadian for several weeks.

Radio host Glenn Beck told his audience last month that Ted Cruz was “anointed for this time.”

Beck also brought a fasting child on stage in Utah and declared, “This is the priesthood rising.”

On his television program last week, Beck told his studio audience that he sent an encouraging note to Ted Cruz a couple weeks back because nobody knows what it is like to carry the Moses-like burden that Cruz bears.
Transcript via RWW:

“Imagine being in a position to where you believe it, you believe the country is at the end, you believe that God is telling you, ‘Step up to the plate.’ You believe that you, just like Moses, may be slow in speech and not the perfect guy, but you know if you get in there, you can actually do something and you’ve tried to stay loyal. Do you know what that life is like for two years of tearing yourself apart, of ‘please Lord, just tell me, just tell me, just tell me, I’ll do it, just tell me.’ And the burden of I blew it? Oh my gosh, I don’t want to be them.”

Wow!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/nuts-glenn-beck-nobody-can-understand-moses-like-burden-ted-cruz-carries-video/

Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »

I'm not saying this with any kind of certainty (just throwing this out FWIW) - could it possibly be the case that the Antichrist could be revealed at the GOP convention in July, after the rapture, when they go through this whole "brokered convention"?

Again, I'm not saying this with even 1% certainty, but just throwing out this idea.

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan, facing increasing questions about his 2016 plans, sought to end speculation Tuesday that he may be a late entrant into the messy Republican race for president.

"Let me be clear: I do not want, nor will I accept the nomination for our party," Ryan said in remarks from the Republican National Committee's headquarters in Washington.

In a plea to delegates, Ryan added: "I believe you should only choose from a person who has actually participated in the primary. Count me out."
With his conservative credentials and appeal to the party establishment, a growing number of Republicans had publicly and privately floated Ryan as the lone candidate who could unite a party in disarray as it heads into a possible contested convention in Cleveland.

But Ryan, who also has the job as chairman of the convention, wanted to dispel any notions that he's plotting his own presidential bid. Behind the scenes, Ryan is making clear that his biggest goal in 2016 is now helping save an increasingly endangered House GOP majority. Ryan now will begin a furious fundraising push for his colleagues and to bolster his own coffers. According to a list obtained by CNN, Ryan will hold nearly 20 fundraising events over the next eight weeks, capping off with a June money event in Hot Springs, Virginia.

While Ryan has repeatedly said he's not interested in a White House run, many GOP supporters argued he made similar comments when he initially said he would never become the speaker of the House.

On Tuesday, Ryan dismissed comparisons between speculation that he would accept the speakership -- which he repeatedly denied before taking the position last fall -- and his refusal on Tuesday to be considered for the GOP's nomination at the Republican convention in July. He suggested convention delegates should adopt a rule only allowing a candidate who has run to be the party's presidential nominee.

Asked by CNN if he believes only one of the final three 2016 Republican candidates -- Donald Trump, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich -- should be the nominee, Ryan would only say, "I'll leave that up to the delegates."

"We should be selecting among people who actually ran for the job," Ryan added.

If delegates follow his advice, Ryan's position means other former candidates -- like Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker or former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush -- could find themselves in the fold if the convention is deadlocked.

Minutes before Ryan was scheduled to address reporters in the lobby of the RNC, dozens of protestors visiting Washington for a "Democracy Spring"
gathered outside. The group is advocating rules to remove the influence of money in politics and loud chants of "free and fair elections" were heard inside the room where about a dozen cameras and throngs of reporters gathered to cover the speaker's remarks.

Major distraction

The move comes as the chatter over a possible Ryan bid at a deadlocked convention is becoming a major distraction for the speaker. But Ryan aides believe even a late entry would not have been feasible and would have divided the party even further.

Ryan continues to stress that his main priority is developing an agenda for the eventual nominee to adopt, to show what Republicans would do to replace Obamacare, reform the tax code, address poverty and boost job creation.

Even before Ryan planned to address the issue on Tuesday, conservatives were warning that any move to install him as the party's standard-bearer at the Republican convention in Cleveland would backfire.

The one thing that would completely destroy the party is coming out (of Cleveland) with Paul Ryan as the nominee," Republican South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney told CNN on Monday.

Another conservative told CNN he opposed Ryan -- or any other individual who hasn't been campaigning -- from getting the party's nomination.
"To parachute someone in who hasn't run for the office, who hasn't done the grueling work of campaigning -- if you want to do something that heightens cynicism to all-time high, that would do it," Virginia Rep. Dave Brat told CNN on Monday.

Several House Republicans told CNN that Ryan has been clear with them that he has been trying to tamp down the speculation and he doesn't want to run for president. They say he made a conscious decision when he decided to run for speaker last fall that he was removing himself from a White House bid.

Mulvaney said his concerns had nothing to do with Ryan personally, but because Republican activists would feel "something was taken from them unfairly and they would stay home." He predicted 60% of the voters in his district wouldn't vote in November if the convention handed the nomination to the House speaker.

"I think it's simply nonsense that someone outside of the three people running for this nomination are going to be nominated at this convention,"

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner told CNN's John Berman on "At This Hour." "It's just nonsense. One of the three will be our nominee, and I know there are some people who think there is going to be this through-the-looking-glass-moment for Paul Ryan or perhaps others, but it's simply not going to happen."

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz also commented on Ryan's announcement, which she said is no surprise given the contentious GOP nomination fight.

"I'm not at all surprised he doesn't want to step in the way of this trainwreck," Wasserman Schultz said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/politics/paul-ryan-to-rule-out-presidential-bid/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2016, 08:36:35 am »

I'm not saying this with any kind of certainty (just throwing this out FWIW) - could it possibly be the case that the Antichrist could be revealed at the GOP convention in July, after the rapture, when they go through this whole "brokered convention"?

Again, I'm not saying this with even 1% certainty, but just throwing out this idea.

Perhaps this will be the end game? I am not sure.

I am having doubts that the Antichrist will come out of Europe; maybe, the antichrist will begin as an American politician. Maybe.
Report Spam   Logged

Luke 21:28

Jesus is the answer for our moral ills. Conservative principals are the answer to our government corruption.
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »

'Burn The Card' Movement Kicks In To High Gear From Florida To Colorado As Angry Republicans Start Burning Their Voter Cards - The GOP Exodus Begins

http://allnewspipeline.com/Burn_The_Card_Movement_Has_Begun.php
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2016, 10:27:46 pm »

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/elections-have-consequences-louisiana
4/14/16
Elections have consequences in Louisiana

For eight years, Bobby Jindal (R) used his role as governor of Louisiana to move his state as far to the right as he possibly could, on as many issues as possible. It may be a “red” state in the Deep South, but Louisianans were deeply unimpressed with the results – Jindal stepped down last year as one of the nation’s least popular governors.

His successor, Gov. John Bel Edwards (D), took office a few months ago, vowing not to be “a business-as-usual governor.” He wasn’t kidding. The Louisiana Democrat has already embraced Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act, and yesterday, Edwards signed an executive order prohibiting state discrimination against LGBT residents.

The order by Edwards, a Democrat, overturns an executive advanced by his predecessor, Republican Bobby Jindal, protecting employers and agencies that wouldn’t serve members of the LGBT community.

Edwards called that rule “bad for business, tourism and the Louisiana economy” and said it did “nothing but divide our state … to serve a narrow political agenda.”

Edwards signed the order following months of pressure from local business groups and giant corporations like IBM, which objected that Jindal’s order last year would “create a hostile environment for our current and prospective employees.”

“We respect our fellow citizens for their beliefs, but we do not discriminate based on our disagreements,” said Edwards. “I believe in giving every Louisianan the opportunity to be successful and to thrive in our state. Our goal is to promote the opportunities we have right here in Louisiana. While this executive order respects the religious beliefs of our people, it also signals to the rest of the country that discrimination is not a Louisiana value, but rather, that Louisiana is a state that is respectful and inclusive of everyone around us.”

The gubernatorial order refers only to public-sector workers. To expand anti-discrimination protections to the private sector, Edwards would need Louisiana’s Republican-led legislature to act, which appears highly unlikely.

Nevertheless, yesterday’s announcement was a major step forward for the state, which is all the more striking given the broader trends in the region.

As MSNBC’s Emma Margolin noted, “Amid intensifying outcry over recently enacted anti-LGBT laws in Mississippi and North Carolina, as well as similar legislation advancing in Tennessee and Missouri, one southern state appears to be running in the opposite direction.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2016, 01:00:06 am »

THE YEAR AMERICANS FOUND OUT ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-13/2016-year-americans-found-out-their-elections-are-rigged
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2016, 06:26:14 pm »

Thinking the unthinkable: Could Sanders take the Dem nomination (and win the presidency, too)?

It’s been a very tough year for the political experts.  You know, the ones who scoffed at the very possibility of Trump nomination.  Well, another received truth of the expert class has been that Hillary Clinton is a lock for the top of the Democrats’ ticket.  (Just as she was in the early stages of 2008…)

Many of us (I plead guilty) have been gleefully reporting the trouble Bernie Sanders continues to give Hillary because he is exposing her as a phony, and because we are still fairly sure that the fix is in for her.  But there are starting to be some serious doubts about her inevitability.  A recent Fox News Poll confirms what some previous polls have indicated: Sanders is polling not just ahead of Hillary, but ahead of the entire GOP field.  While Hillary would lose to the unlikely nominee Kasich and is close to Ted Cruz, she handily beats Trump in polling.  But Sanders handily beats all of them.

Factor in what some are calling the “FBI Primary” or the “Comey Primary,” and the possibility of Sanders gaining broad superdelegate support becomes somewhat real.  Roger L. Simon summarizes the scenario:

If Sanders manages a victory in New York next Tuesday, all bets are off. The super delegates will be looking over their shoulders. Bernie will start to have a real claim on the nomination. If Hillary actually is indicted, or anything close, he will clearly have it. No way will the Democrats be able to get away with installing a last-minute candidate and risk alienating Sanders' army of backers.  That's over. (snip)

The American public has been educated by socialist teachers for decades. Most of the younger voters think that's what our government already is (and maybe they're right). How many out there have actually read The Federalist Papers?  .004%?  They don't even know basic civics.

The Republican candidate is going to have to educate the public, particularly the younger public, on what socialism is and why it is bad. This will not be an easy thing to do because Bernie is such a true believer and sounds so idealistic. He appeals to what people think is their better nature.

The fact is that Sanders, for all his socialist nonsense, is likable.  He clearly believes what he says, doesn’t use notes, and offers free stuff to people who don’t pay income taxes.  Through immigration and mis-education, the American electorate has been re-engineered to favor socialism, the doctrine that has failed every time it is tried.  Ask Denmark and Sweden, almost always cited as the models for American socialism, both of which have cut back their welfare states and lowered taxes in the face of stagnation.

It’s time to fear the Bern.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/thinking_the_unthinkable_could_sanders_take_the_dem_nomination_and_win_the_presidency_too.html#ixzz45wO4Kh3G
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2016, 02:18:37 am »

And there you go. The populist/socialist movement will have literally destroyed the country.

All empires fade into history sooner or later. There is only one kingdom that will stand forever, and it isn't the United States...

While it's an interesting thought, I don't think it lines up Biblically. The Bible says the man of sin will be Jewish and from one of the four divisions of Alexander's empire (if I had to make a guess, I'd say Syria). There are a couple options for how the Antichrist could feasibly make his first step onto the world stage, depending on if you subscribe to the '2 King Theory' or '3 King Theory' in Daniel 11.

Personally, I think the possibility of Bashar al-Assad stepping down in Syria could create the environment for the Antichrist to arise, and I think it makes more sense Biblically.
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2016, 04:53:57 pm »

CRUZ CELEBRATES ANOTHER VOTERLESS VICTORY: NO ELECTION IN WY...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-poised-win-wyoming-republican-presidential-primary-180512831.html

This is why the republican party is dead. I'm pretty sure its on purpose.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »

Now Mathematically Eliminated, Ted Cruz Only Hope Is In Stealing Delegates At Contested Convention

Mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP nomination on the first ballot, Ted Cruz is betting on Donald Trump failing to reach the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination on the first ballot, and plotting to secure as many of the then-unbound votes as possible.

Ted Cruz seems to be running out of opportunities for more ‘voterless victories’

Ted Cruz has made few friends among Republicans in Washington during his nearly four years in the Senate, but his message to GOP elite as he looks to build support to the party’s presidential nominee is that he would bring more Republicans along with him.
Ted Cruz LASHES OUT at Media After He’s Told He Can’t Mathematically Win Nomination:

Ted Cruz is running scared now that there is no chance with the amount of delegates remaining of him winning the nomination outright. Watch this video and see how his nerves are frayed to the breaking point after the Trump blowout in New York.

n a private meeting with members of the Republican National Committee, the Cruz campaign’s high command, including campaign manager Jeff Roe, strategist David Polyansky, and delegate-hunters Ken Cuccinelli and Saul Anuzis, made the case for Cruz as the party’s stronger choice for the general election and argued he’d help down-ballot GOP races.

Ted Cruz’s ‘Voterless Victory’ in Colorado

Mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP nomination on the first ballot, Ted Cruz is betting on Donald Trump failing to reach the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination on the first ballot, and plotting to secure as many of the then-unbound votes as possible. source

You can read all about Ted Cruz voterless victories in Wyoming, Colorado, and Georgia just to name a few. Without an endless array of dirty tricks and legal but not moral or ethical strategies, the Ted Cruz team’s only hope is in shenanigans at the Convention.

And you can best believe he will pull every trick in the book.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/now-mathematically-eliminated-ted-cruz-only-hope-is-in-stealing-delegates-at-contested-convention/

I'll steal em all i tell you!!
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »

http://theadvocate.com/news/15555622-123/usa-today-with-eyes-on-senate-race-gop-says-louisiana-a-little-less-than-solid-republican-after-elec
USA Today: With eyes on Senate race, GOP says Louisiana ‘a little less-than-solid’ Republican after election of John Bel Edwards
4/21/16

National Republicans say they aren’t taking this fall’s U.S. Senate race in Louisiana lightly, following last year’s election victory for Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards.

USA Today reports that U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi, who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, described the open Senate race here as “a little less-than-solid” Republican.

“The Democrats and Republicans just proved ... that a Democrat can, under the right circumstances, win and so we’re mindful of that,” Wicker told the national newspaper. “I am mindful that we have to take care of business, and I think if we take care of business in Louisiana it is likely to go Republican.”

Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter announced last fall that he wouldn’t seek re-election after losing the governor’s race to Edwards, a state Representative from Amite.

That’s opened the floodgates to a host of candidates seeking to replace him -- and the cutoff to qualify is still several months away.

Republicans running include Congressmen Charles Boustany and John Fleming; State Treasurer John Kennedy; former Congressman Joseph Cao and retired Air Force Col. Rob Maness.

Democrats running include Public Service Commissioner Foster Campbell, New Orleans lawyer Caroline Fayard and Lafayette businessman Joshua Pellerin.

USA Today notes that the Louisiana seat is one of 24 that the GOP is trying to defend this fall.

The election in Louisiana will take place Nov. 8, with all candidates appearing on the ballot under the state’s “jungle primary” system. A Dec. 10 runoff will take place between the top two vote-getters if no one gets more than 50 percent of the vote in the first round.

Edwards, who was sworn in Jan. 11, was thought to be a long-shot candidate for governor when he announced as a little-known state House member that he would be taking on presumptive frontrunner David Vitter.

Democratic power players even reportedly tried to convince Edwards to ditch the race mere months before the primary so that a more moderate Republican would win instead of hardline conservative Vitter. Edwards went on to best Vitter 56 percent to 44 percent on Election Day.

The win made Edwards the only Democratic governor in the Deep South and the only Democratic state-wide office holder in Louisiana.

The state Democratic Party, meanwhile, has said it’s hoping to replicate the win in the Senate race.

Edwards has announced that he’s backing Campbell’s run, and both Edwards and Campbell have stressed the need for the party to rally behind one candidate.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2016, 09:20:25 pm »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article73449297.html
Tabloid says it has proof: Ted Cruz’s father is mystery man in Lee Harvey Oswald photo
4/22/16

National Enquirer claims photo is proof that Rafael B. Cruz was standing alongside JFK assassin

Cruz campaign dismisses allegation as ‘garbage’

Cruz’s father had been pro-Castro but had turned on him when Cuban leader said he was a communist

Lee Harvey Oswald, front left, standing next to man never identified by the Warren Commission, center in white shirt, handing out leaflets for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee taken outside the International Trade Mart in New Orleans on Aug.16, 1963. The National Enquirer is now saying that they have determined through photo analysis that the man is Rafael B. Cruz, father of GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz.  Johann Rush/WSDU-TV

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-financier-koch-says-clinton-might-better-president-023327897.html
Republican financier Koch says Clinton might make better president
4/23/16

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Billionaire industrialist Charles Koch, a key source of financing for conservative Republican causes along with his brother, said Democrat Hillary Clinton might make a better president than the candidates in the Republican field.

Koch, in an interview to air on Sunday on ABC's "This Week" program, said that in some respects Bill Clinton had been a better president than George W. Bush, who Koch said had increased government spending. Then when asked if Hillary Clinton would be a better president than the Republicans currently running, he said, "It's possible, it's possible."

ABC said Koch, who along brother David leads an influential political organization called Freedom Partners, has been displeased so far with the tone of the Republican presidential race, in which billionaire Donald Trump leads U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Ohio Governor John Kasich.

Asked if he could support Clinton over the Republicans, Koch responded, "We would have to believe her actions would be quite different than her rhetoric. Let me put it that way."

While many conservatives have questioned Trump's commitment to their agenda, a spokesman for the Koch brothers said last month that they would not use any of their money to block him from winning the Republican nomination.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2016, 08:55:12 am »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-brief-history-of-the-1413063394852918.html
A brief history of the Internet being suspicious of Ted Cruz’s identity
4/22/16

Is that you, Ted? (Screen shot via Reddit)

Earlier this week, Reddit user missvh dropped a screen grab from “Maury” into an /r/pics thread with the simple caption, “A female guest on Maury that looks just like Ted Cruz.” The woman in the photo — who appeared on an episode titled “5 Men Tested … Will I Find My Daughter’s Father Today?” — did bear an uncanny resemblance to the Texas senator. For most people, the discovery would seem nothing more than a random, mildly entertaining coincidence. But to many users on the thread, it represented so much more than that.

“That’s actually the Zodiac Killer dressed in drag,” user RandyIsMartian wrote in a heavily upvoted reply. A third user, MarryMeFrisbee, shot back, “…aka it’s just Ted Cruz?”

Like most unsettling doppelgangers that emerge online, the observation went viral, inspiring numerous blog posts and sarcastic jokes on social media. Even “Maury” got in on the fun, posting the photo to Twitter with the caption, “Ted Cruz in drag on Maury? The Lie Detector Test determined-that was a LIE! Ted’s NOT that SEXY!”

The look-alike incident was just the latest entry in a three-year-old conspiracy theory that mockingly questions whether the Republican presidential candidate is really who he claims to be — or whether he is actually the infamous 1960s serial murderer from northern California known as the Zodiac Killer.

The hypothesis first originated out of nowhere in early 2013, when a Twitter account with the handle @RedPillAmerica posted a nonsensical joke that Cruz’s upcoming speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference that year would be titled “This Is the Zodiac Speaking.” It took more than a year for the joke to resurface on the social media platform in a completely unrelated context. “Ted Cruz’s Chilling Deathbed Confession: ‘I am the Zodiac Killer,’” user @Flash2844 tweeted, ending the post with the hashtag #TedCruzIsTheZodiacKiller.

Screen shot via Know Your Meme.

By the fall of 2015, the joke had picked up steam on Twitter, earning popularity from well-followed accounts like @vrunt and @lindzeta, who say that the sheer absurdity of the conspiracy theory encouraged them to publicize it further.

“It was hilarious to me when it first came on my radar,” @lindzeta told Yahoo News in a direct message. “While it’s logically impossible, there’s definitely a part of it that seems like it could be true. It’s so outlandish, but Cruz seems to have this evil lunatic hiding underneath his whole public demeanor. It had just the right balance of possibility and impossibility.”

In other words, it was perfect for the Internet, where preposterous ideas are often rewarded for the sake of being preposterous. (See: Boaty McBoatface.)

“It’s simply funny to act as if this is some open secret about him,” @vrunt told Yahoo News in a direct message. “It’s this shared obvious lie and the only ticket to entry is to play along.”

Jonathan Novak, a 22-year-old history undergraduate at Arizona State University, was one such willing participant. After seeing the joke on Twitter, he was inspired to start a Facebook group titled “Ted Cruz Is the Zodiac Killer” in December 2015.

“I thought it would be a good idea to start one in order to mobilize the masses and help expose a brutal murderer attempting to gain a stranglehold on what is left of American democracy,” Novak told Yahoo News with what sounded like a straight face. “Since then, the reaction has been about 80/20 split, with the majority of responses being millennials who love the joke and share it with their friends, and a small, vocal minority of older conservatives who don’t get it and like to point out that Cruz was not yet born when the murders occurred.”

Through the page, Novak met Bo Quintana, a 16-year-old high school student from Milton, Ga., who also felt passionately about perpetuating the “theory.” The two promoted the page together as the joke simultaneously gained steam on Twitter. On Jan. 20, #zodiacted trended on the platform in the U.S. And by February, the meme had been picked up by publications like Esquire and the Daily Dot. That same month, Public Policy Polling released a national survey that showed nearly 40 percent of Florida voters thought Cruz might be the Zodiac Killer.

View photos

A fan submission to the “Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer” Facebook page. (Photo via Facebook)

With that uptick of attention, Novak and Quintana began receiving a healthy stream of Photoshopped images and homemade materials from fans of the group. Some came in the form of elaborate cakes decorated with “Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer” in frosting. One college student used the premise for an art project, for which he made an elaborately produced five-minute whiteboard video that connects Cruz’s odd behavior to that of the Zodiac Killer. A few high schoolers have even used the joke in signs to ask their dates to prom. “Toby, it’d be KILLER if you’d CRUZ to PROM with me,” read one poster board adorned with cryptographic symbols and the candidate’s face. Just this week, the group surpassed 26,000 likes on Facebook.

View photos

A Ted Cruz as Zodiac Killer prom-posal. (Photo via Facebook)

“The most intense submission was probably this incredible edit of the David Fincher movie ‘Zodiac’ with Ted Cruz’s ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ anti-Obamacare filibuster speech imposed on it,” Novak said.

He and Quintana have taken to selling their own “Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer” stickers and T-shirts, but they say they won’t quit until one of two things happen.

“The first one is that he would address it and deny that he was the Zodiac Killer, because there’s nothing more ridiculous to me than a legitimate presidential candidate that people vote for denying that he was a person he could never be in the first place,” Quintana said. “Our second goal was to be bought out by BuzzFeed for like two grand or something. But that didn’t happen. So we’re going with our guns and keeping with it.”

(The two are at least gratified to know that Google appears to have altered the autocomplete when searching the phrase “Is Ted Cruz…,” meaning the senator’s campaign is attempting to combat the meme.)

Since the meme has gained traction, it has also splintered into bit of a doppelganger-hunting sport. In early March,  a Facebook post by Michael Boulerice  pointed out that Cruz bore an uncanny resemblance to the lead singer of a Christian heavy metal band named Stryper. It spread quickly online, earning more than 55,000 shares and 3,800 comments. That opened the floodgates for other comparisons, which include (but are not limited to) Grandpa Munster, Kevin Malone from “The Office,” Duke University basketball player Grayson Allen, Mrs. Doubtfire and — most recently — the woman on “Maury.”

But the meme’s original purveyors aren’t buying it.

“All of those are false, and they simply distract us from the truth,” Novak said. “The only other identity Ted Cruz plausibly has held besides being the infamous Zodiac Killer, terrorizer of San Francisco, is the lead singer of the Christian metal band Stryper. The only thing nearly as sinister as perpetrating such monstrosities as the Zodiac killings is the infliction of auditory torture via skintight yellow-and-black onesies and awful Christian hair metal staples like ‘To Hell With the Devil.’”

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2016, 09:14:12 pm »

Cruz Goes Full Rubio=> Facing Impending Losses, Cruz Jokes About Trump’s Hands (VIDEO)

The end is near.
Ted Cruz went full Rubio today in Indiana – Joked about Trump’s hands.

Here’s the video—-

really? from "christian" Cruz? and seriously a debate? Cruz has lost and he is still asking for a debate.  Cheesy reality!!

When Marco Rubio joked about Donald Trump’s hands he lost big in the next contests and dropped out two weeks later.

Today Lyin’ Ted followed in Little Marco’s footsteps.

Dan Gallo
    ✔
    ‎@dangallo

In Evansville, IN- Cruz brings up @realDonaldTrump's hands, says maybe Trump could demonstrate those big hands by showing up at a debate.

Follow
    Dan Gallo
    ✔
    ‎@dangallo

It sure sounded to me like Cruz was challenging Trump's manhood in relation to him not showing up at debates. Ya know. Hands.
    8:05 PM - 24 Apr 2016

Roger Stone ‎@RogerJStoneJr

You know how u know that @tedcruz is done? Major vendors for his current campaign contact me about Trump general election work.
9:38 PM - 24 Apr 2016

1,175 1,175 Retweets

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/end-near-facing-inevitable-impending-losses-cruz-goes-full-rubio-comments-trumps-hands/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2016, 09:38:34 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/after-humiliating-defeat-ted-cruz-picks-pro-islam-carly-fiorina-as-imaginary-vp/

After Humiliating Defeat, Ted Cruz Picks Pro-Islam Carly Fiorina As His Imaginary VP

First, his Super PAC mysteriously gives his opponent, Carly Fiorina, a check for $500,00.00. Super PACs that explicitly support a candidate almost never give in support of other rival candidates. On top of that, at the time, Fiorina was one of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's main Republican opponents in the 2016 presidential race.

by Geoffrey Grider  April 27, 2016

Ted Cruz, is suffering from massive jet lag, or else he has gone clinically insane. Because he is making some crazy, desperate, illogical, nonsensical moves.

First, his Super PAC mysteriously gives his opponent, Carly Fiorina, a check for $500,00.00. Super PACs that explicitly support a candidate almost never give in support of other rival candidates. On top of that, at the time, Fiorina was one of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s main Republican opponents in the 2016 presidential race.

That’s why the donation was such a mystery — even The Washington Post piece didn’t offer an explanation. It was so uncanny that the Federal Election Commission flagged the activity.

Ted Cruz Announces Carly Fiorina as VP Pick:

Hey, ‘Crazy Carly’ and ‘LyinTed’, in case you haven’t noticed, you LOST last night. You were eliminaTED. Now get off the stage, thanks.

Then, he comes in dead last in last night’s Primaries, losing even to John Kasich. How did he handle it? The mathematically eliminated politician asks Carly Fiorina to be his imaginary vice president. Hmm, OK. Then we find out that his new imaginary VP s a huge supporter of Islam.

Carly Fiorina: Islamic Civilization Was The “Greatest in the World”

In a speech that was given a mere two weeks after Islamic jihadists attacked America on 9/11, the former HP chief executive officer gave a speech on technology, business and our way of life. She concluded her speech with the following:

There was once a civilization that was the greatest in the world.

It was able to create a continental super-state that stretched from ocean to ocean, and from northern climes to tropics and deserts. Within its dominion lived hundreds of millions of people, of different creeds and ethnic origins.

One of its languages became the universal language of much of the world, the bridge between the peoples of a hundred lands. Its armies were made up of people of many nationalities, and its military protection allowed a degree of peace and prosperity that had never been known. The reach of this civilization’s commerce extended from Latin America to China, and everywhere in between.

And this civilization was driven more than anything, by invention. Its architects designed buildings that defied gravity. Its mathematicians created the algebra and algorithms that would enable the building of computers, and the creation of encryption. Its doctors examined the human body, and found new cures for disease. Its astronomers looked into the heavens, named the stars, and paved the way for space travel and exploration.

Its writers created thousands of stories. Stories of courage, romance and magic. Its poets wrote of love, when others before them were too steeped in fear to think of such things.

When other nations were afraid of ideas, this civilization thrived on them, and kept them alive. When censors threatened to wipe out knowledge from past civilizations, this civilization kept the knowledge alive, and passed it on to others.

While modern Western civilization shares many of these traits, the civilization I’m talking about was the Islamic world from the year 800 to 1600, which included the Ottoman Empire and the courts of Baghdad, Damascus and Cairo, and enlightened rulers like Suleiman the Magnificent.

Although we are often unaware of our indebtedness to this other civilization, its gifts are very much a part of our heritage. The technology industry would not exist without the contributions of Arab mathematicians. Sufi poet-philosophers like Rumi challenged our notions of self and truth. Leaders like Suleiman contributed to our notions of tolerance and civic leadership.

Though Fiorina did acknowledge Christianity and Judaism in culture, she did not call them “a civilization that was the greatest in the world.”

She failed to recognize the long track record of Islam and its culture in the Middle East. In fact, understanding that the U.S. is essentially a Christian nation, one would think that she would reference the rich heritage of Europe or even our early founding, but instead, two weeks after Islamists attacked America, she decided to praise the culture that spawned them.

Not only that, but she apparently has bought into the lie that it was Islam was very important with regards to mathematics. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Enza Ferreri points out:

The word “algebra” stems from the Arabic word “al-jabr”, from the name of the treatise Book on Addition and Subtraction after the Method of the Indians written by the 9th-century Persian mathematician Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, who translated, formalized and commented on ancient Indian and Greek works.

And Abu Ja’far lived between 780 and 850 AD; algebra initiated in ancient Babylon, Egypt, and Athens, 2,500 years before Abu Ja’far was born. And he was not even a Muslim:

[H]e was a Zoroastrian who was forced to convert (or die) by Muslim rulers because Persia had been conquered by the Islamic armies, and that was what Muslims did (and still do wherever they can). That could easily explain the “pious preface to al-Khwarizmi’s Algebra.”

In fact, most of the Muslim World’s supposed “inventions” and “innovations” were merely done by infidels who lived in lands conquered by brutal Islamic armies.

Fiorina is no dummy. She is very well-educated, with a history degree from Stanford. So why deliberately promote what she must have known is a lie about the origins of algebra. And why such lavish praise for Islamic “civilization” — perhaps the most barbaric in human history — a mere 2 weeks after 19 Muslim slaughtered nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11?

Fiorina’s supporters will no doubt minimize this speech for how long ago it was given.

However if her views have changed, then why did she criticize free speech activists in Texas who were protesting the Paris Charlie Hebdo attacks by drawing Muhammed — and who came under Muslim terror attack for their views — comparing the protesters of radical Islam to “White supremacists?”

Barack Obama, many years before he ran for president, talked about his admiration for Islamic “civilization” and that the Islamic call to prayer was “one of the most beautiful sounds on Earth.” source
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2016, 09:48:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2016, 06:02:21 pm »

Ted Cruz's Dad: My Son Ran for President After God Sent His Wife a Sign
And other tales from Rafael Cruz's world of extreme Christian fundamentalism.

Ted Cruz decided to run for president after God spoke to his wife, Heidi.

That's how Rafael Cruz, Ted's father and a born-again pastor, described his son's decision-making process. Speaking on a syndicated radio show at the end of last year, the elder Cruz recounted that during a Sunday prayer session at a Texas church, Ted Cruz and his family sought God's guidance as to whether the senator should enter the presidential race, and after two hours of praying, God sent a message to Heidi that essentially said: Go for it.

Here's the story, according to Rafael Cruz:

My son Ted and his family spent six months in prayer seeking God's will for this decision. But the day the final green light came on, the whole family was together. It was a Sunday. We were all at his church, First Baptist Church in Houston, including his senior staff. After the church service, we all gathered at the pastor's office. We were on our knees for two hours seeking God's will. At the end of that time, a word came through his wife, Heidi. And the word came, just saying, "Seek God's face, not God's hand." And I'll tell you, it was as if there was a cloud of the holy spirit filling that place. Some of us were weeping, and Ted just looked up and said, "Lord, here am I, use me. I surrender to you, whatever you want." And he felt that was a green light to move forward.

That Rafael Cruz should cast his son's presidential campaign as a divinely inspired endeavor is not surprising. For years, he has been a freelancing evangelical who has promoted an extremely fundamentalist version of Christianity and decried those, including other Christians, who do not share his religious views. He has called for fundamentalist Christians to gain control of most aspects of American society, and he has issued a series of controversial statements blasting President Barack Obama, gay rights activists, and other spiritual enemies. As Mother Jones first reported, he called Obama an "outright Marxist" who "seeks to destroy all concept of God" and urged Americans to send him "back to Kenya." He said it was "appalling" to have a gay mayor in Houston and asserted that Satan was behind the Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage.

In most instances, it would be unfair to judge a politician based on a relative's pronouncements. But for years—in his Senate race and in this presidential campaign—Ted Cruz has used his father to round up support from tea partiers, social conservatives, and evangelical leaders. The son, naturally, speaks lovingly of his father. Given that Cruz is seeking the presidency by courting the religious right and offering himself as a moral and godly candidate who shares the faith of evangelical voters—and given that he frequently quotes Rafael Cruz on the campaign trail to urge people to vote by God's values—a voter can likely gain some understanding of Ted Cruz's world (and perhaps his worldview) by examining the statements and professed beliefs of his father. And they are extreme.

It's not hard to figure out Rafael Cruz's basic message. He has given scores, probably hundreds, of sermons and talks at religious and political gatherings, and many are on YouTube. His primary theme is that the United States is a "Christian nation" and that only true believers who adhere to biblical principles—that is, who accept the literal truth of the Bible, as Rafael Cruz and other fundamentalists see it—are worthy of guiding the United States forward. He regularly rails against pastors and church leaders who eschew politics and do not enter the political fray to combat the enemy: secular humanism.

Rafael Cruz is an advocate of Christian dominionism, which essentially holds that fundamentalist Christians should take over, well, just about everything. Speaking at a Texas church in 2012, Rafael Cruz told the crowd that God instructed Adam and Eve to go forth, multiply, and, as he put it, "take dominion over all my creation." He said this meant that true-believers ought to dominate all areas of life: "That dominion is not just in the church, that dominion is over every area—society, education, government, and economics." (During that sermon, he also noted that husbands, not wives, should be the "spiritual leader" of their families.) In Cruz's view, those who accept Christ and his word (as Cruz believes it should be understood) will prosper spiritually and financially. In that same sermon, he noted that God not only anoints priests to lead the faithful, but also anoints "kings…to take dominion." By that, he means those who rule a nation, and, he adds, these rulers one day (and he makes it sound as if this day will come soon) will transfer the wealth of the "wicked" to the "righteous."

The senior Cruz sees no difference between the religious and political realms. In a June 2013 speech at a men's prayer breakfast, he contended that Jesus' original followers were not looking for a "spiritual leader" but for a "political leader" who could establish "a physical kingdom on the Earth." And Jesus, he noted, was "bucking the political establishment." (Sound familiar?) "The ministry of Jesus," he claimed, was a "highly political ministry." So religion and politics do mix—a lot. "It's not just a spiritual confrontation," Cruz said. "It's also a political confrontation." Toward the end of that speech, Cruz declared, "We have a responsibility to elect righteous leaders. God is going to hold us accountable if we do not." He added, "And the people will proclaim that Jesus Christ is lord and king of this nation."

It's not ambiguous. For Rafael Cruz, the only legitimate government is one that operates according to his theological views.

Those views tend to be rather harsh. He has referred to the theory of evolution as a diabolical plot mounted by Marxists, "the number one tool for communism to destroy religion, to destroy the concept of God." Evolution, he claimed, "is one of the most effective tools to impose communism." He has repeatedly said same-sex marriage is a satanic scheme, noting in a talk to a Republican group in 2013 that "homosexual marriage…has nothing to do with quote homosexual rights. It has to do with the destruction of the traditional family. So that there is no loyalty to the family. Loyalty is to the government. Government is your god."

Obama, naturally, is propelling much of these underhanded machinations. The president, Rafael Cruz said three years ago, "needs you to see him as God." He's a Marxist, Cruz has charged, and his agenda "is to bring us down to a Third World country" and subjugate the United States to the United Nations. He has said that Obama "will side with the Muslims" and claimed that the Obama administration is "trying to take our God and our gun and if they do that, then they can impose a dictatorship upon us." He insists Obamacare does include death panels. He has blamed liberals for allowing terrorists to cross the border "on a weekly basis" and establish "terrorist cells all across the United States."

His is a dark perspective. The "wicked" are now ruling the country, and they must be defeated by the "righteous," whom he defines as those evangelical Christians who embrace the literal truth of the Bible. ("Every word of Scripture is given by revelation," he said in 2013. "Every word of this book is true. Because if you don't believe one part of it, then none of it might be true.") The righteous, he urges, must be guided by pastors across the nation to rise up and "take every position in office, from dog catcher all the way to the highest position in the land." In a 2013 sermon, according to a partial transcript obtained by Mother Jones, he proclaimed that Satan "rules in the halls of legislation," and said, "We have a responsibility to preserve the biblical foundations of this country." He added, "The world will tell you, 'We're all children of God.' That's not true. Children of God are only those that have been born again through the blood of Jesus Christ."

Rafael Cruz's outlook on the world is exceedingly narrow and unforgiving. The only righteous Christian is the evangelical Christian who is "biblically correct." These Christians must conquer the political world—vanquish those who are in league with Satan—and establish dominion over society by ruling in accordance with their definition of the word of God. And Ted Cruz was directly given the green light from God, via Heidi Cruz, to lead what is, in essence, a crusade to smite wickedness. (At a gathering of evangelicals in Iowa in 2013, Ted and Rafael Cruz joined in prayer with a pastor who said that "every tongue that rises up against [Ted Cruz] in judgment will be condemned.")

Without saying it directly, Rafael Cruz calls for a theocracy. (He has often decried the notion of separation of church and state.) His religious rants are not irrelevant to the Ted Cruz campaign. Ted Cruz has consistently cited his father as a key influence in his life, and he has regularly deployed him as a political representative and surrogate. It's often tough to bring up the subject of a candidate's religious views during a political campaign. But Rafael Cruz's radical fundamentalism—which positions most Americans on the side of wickedness—and Ted Cruz's embrace of his father as not only a parent but a political partner and adviser raise an important question this campaign season: How much of the faith of his father does Ted Cruz share?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/02/rafael-cruz-ted-cruz-campaign-god-sign
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:28:27 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »

Link?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2016, 08:42:36 pm »

Glenn Beck Says Campaigning For Ted Cruz Caused His Media Empire To Crumble, The Blaze Flames Out

Cheesy

“There’s a story maybe you have read, that came out yesterday, that is talking about how yesterday, my company The Blaze laid off 40 people, and my media empire is crumbling, and part of it is because I’m traveling around with Ted Cruz,” he said, referencing a Daily Beast story.

0 Layoffs as Glenn Beck’s Blaze Empire Continues Its Decline and Fall

EDITOR’S NOTE: Mormon evangelist is telling the world two things about Ted Cruz. First, he wants you to know that Cruz is the ‘anointed king to save America’. Secondly, he wants you to know that his entire media company has collapsed because of it, and he was just forced to layoff 40 of his employees. I wonder if any of the 40 fired former Beck employees are voting for Ted Cruz? Probably not. Someone should tell them that Donald Trump has promised to bring jobs back…

On the Friday broadcast of his radio show, Glenn Beck revealed that he has lost $500,000 campaigning with Ted Cruz  but said that has nothing to do with the recent firing of 40 of his employees.

“We are making the hard choices,” Beck explained. “We’re choosing principles over power. We’re staying true to the Constitution.”
Glenn Beck Says Ted Cruz Is Divinely Anointed And Has Been ‘Raised From Birth’ To Save This Nation

“There’s a story maybe you have read, that came out yesterday, that is talking about how yesterday, my company The Blaze laid off 40 people, and my media empire is crumbling, and part of it is because I’m traveling around with Ted Cruz,” he said, referencing a Daily Beast story. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/28/40-layoffs-as-glenn-beck-s-blaze-empire-continues-its-decline-and-fall.html

“Well, I want you to know,” Glenn Beck continues. “Yes, I’ve lost a lot of money traveling around with Ted Cruz. I’ve lost about half a million dollars. That’s my choice. I believe in something.” source http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/29/glenn-beck-my-campaigning-with-cruz-didnt-cause-layoffs-at-the-blaze-audio/

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/glenn-beck-says-campaigning-for-ted-cruz-caused-his-media-empire-to-crumble-the-blaze-flames-out/

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:36 pm »

Glenn Beck Blames Layoffs on Own Staff

Sure its not you and your buddy Raphael?

During his radio show Friday, Glenn Beck responded to The Daily Beast’s report that his TheBlaze network had to lay off 40 employees by essentially blaming his own staff for the downfall of his media empire.

“I’m a trusting guy,” he told his listeners. “I think anybody on the show will tell you my biggest problem is I trust everybody.” He continued: “I trusted the people that ran my company that they wanted the same things.” But, alas, he said, those confidants betrayed him: “Even though the managers were all saying the right things to me, those things were never getting done... I didn’t know who really got the vision—who got it and who didn’t.”

“These people were my friends, they were my partners,” he lamented, but, “They didn’t love the audience like I did.”

Beck suggested that his trusted managers had turned TheBlaze into a “status quo, big media company”—something he “never wanted.”

The conservative radio personality also admitted that he has lost some $500,000 traveling around the country with his preferred Republican candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz, as The Daily Beast reported. It’s because “I believe in something,” Beck said.

During the same show, Beck rolled his face in a plate of crushed Cheetos to mock Donald Trump’s distinctly orange hue.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/04/29/glenn-beck-blames-layoffs-on-own-staff.html

Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »

That whole "I trusted people, and they let me down, that's why I'm not getting things done..." story is exactly the same story a con-artist contractor told my wife and I when he didn't do the things we paid him for. Oh, and he claimed to be a Christian, too...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2016, 10:00:12 pm »

I think we all saw this coming - sooner or later, his little empire was going to fall one reason or another.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2016, 04:54:29 pm »

John Kasich: People "probably" born gay

Republican presidential candidate and Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Friday that gay people are "probably" born that way, conceding that view during a testy exchange with a gay voter at a California event.

Asked by Kelly Bryan, a gay 62-year-old man, during an event at the Commonwealth Club of California whether people are "born gay," Kasich first attempted to avoid answering the question.

"I'm not gonna get into all the analysis of this or that," Kasich said at the San Francisco town hall. "I'm not gonna do that."

But the questioner pressed again: "It's not analysis. Are people born gay?"

Kasich replied, "You know, sir, probably."

"I mean, I don't -- I don't know how it all works, OK?" he added. "I mean, look. Are they? You know, probability they are."

Asked whether the LGBT community deserved "free, regular rights like everybody else," Kasich said: "Well, you have free regular rights, we're not denying you any rights, I'm not in Ohio. I'm not out to discriminate against you. I think you ought to have as good a life as anybody else."

The Ohio governor also noted that he had recently attended a same-sex marriage ceremony.

"I don't agree with gay marriage," he said. "But I'm not -- I went to a gay wedding. OK? I mean, that's what I've done."

Earlier, Kasich had said, "A buddy of mine just got, you know, went, got married. My wife and I went to the wedding. It was great. It was fine. But I'm not going to go for some constitutional amendment."

When asked about Mississippi's and Kentucky's legislation allowing businesses to deny services to same-sex couples, Kasich suggested that he did not agree with them and argued that he has the "right to define the Republican Party too."

Defending his religious beliefs, Kasich had urged tolerance and mutual respect earlier in the night.

"Religion for me is about, you know, loving somebody that doesn't like you," he said. "Humility, love your neighbor as yourself, treat your spouse better -- you know, live a life bigger than yourself."

Kasich also made headlines at another California event later in the day, talking to reporters at the state's GOP convention in Burlingame about some Republican rhetoric concerning Latino voters.

"Do the Republicans actually think that they can win an election by scaring every Hispanic in this country to death?" Kasich said Friday. "Scaring them to the point where they're afraid their families are gonna be torn apart and disrupted? Do you have any idea what those folks are gonna do in the general election?"

Kasich weighed in on the anti-Donald Trump protests that broke out at the GOP convention earlier that afternoon.

"When you live on the, on the negative side, when you feed people's anger, did you see what happened here today?" Kasich asked. "I may not be winning those votes right now, but over time I believe that people like to live where they can be hopeful, where they believe that this country can be better -- where they believe at the end they need to have somebody that's had the experience and somebody that can unite the country."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-people-probably-born-gay-election-2016/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/the-gop-establishment-finally-accepts-that-donald-trump-will-be-their-nominee/

The GOP Establishment Finally Accepts The Idea That Donald Trump Will Be Their Nominee

“Clearly, Trump has seized momentum in a huge way,” said Kaufman, a close ally of Mitt Romney who supported Jeb Bush’s candidacy this year. “As he goes through the process here in Indiana, it appears more and more likely that Trump will be able to have 1,237 [delegates] before we descend on Cleveland.” That’s enough to claim the nomination.

4/30/16

The Stop-Trump fever that gripped the Republican establishment for months has broken

The walls are closing in around a shrinking band of hard-core opponents of the New York billionaire, who is tightening his grip on the Republican presidential nomination with big wins in state after state, congressional endorsements, and the acknowledgment from pillars of the GOP elite that Donald Trump will be the party’s standard-bearer.

There was grizzled RNC committeeman Ron Kaufman likening Trump to Reagan. There was Indiana Gov. Mike Pence’s half-hearted endorsement of Ted Cruz. There was former House Speaker John Boehner’s confession that he and Trump are texting buddies and golfing partners. There’s the slew of endorsements (and a prediction by Trump campaign officials that another wave is coming after Indiana votes next week). It’s adding up to a slow but steady coalescing around the man once considered so vile to the GOP base that he’d rip the party to shreds.

“We’ve had enough intraparty fighting. Now’s the time to stitch together a winning coalition,” said Jon Huntsman, the former governor of Utah. “And it’s been clear almost from the beginning that Donald Trump has the ability to assemble a nontraditional bloc of supporters. … The ability to cut across traditional party boundaries — like ’80, ’92 and 2008 — will be key, and Trump is much better positioned to achieve that.”

Huntsman isn’t alone. He’s the latest in a long list of party stalwarts and defenders of the GOP establishment that have accepted Trump as the best remaining option in the field — and are encouraging Trump’s opponents to wind down.

“Clearly, Trump has seized momentum in a huge way,” said Kaufman, a close ally of Mitt Romney who supported Jeb Bush’s candidacy this year. “As he goes through the process here in Indiana, it appears more and more likely that Trump will be able to have 1,237 [delegates] before we descend on Cleveland.” “That’s enough to claim the nomination.”

“There’s a chance here that in the end, our presumptive nominee will be known before the Democrats,” he continued. “Who would have thought that?”

Now, it looks like it’s the opposition — not Trump — who is dividing the GOP.

“We are not doing anything in the interest of party unity,” said Katie Packer, founder of the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC, which put out a blistering anti-Trump ad Friday afternoon. “We do not think there is anything noble about wrapping our arms around a candidate who isn’t a Republican, doesn’t have a serious policy agenda and has not secured a majority of Republican votes.”

“I’m willing to do anything in my power to stop Trump from hijacking our party,” Packer continued.

But pro-Cruz and anti-Trump forces are running out of options to prevent Trump from becoming the nominee. If the real estate developer and reality television star scores a big win in Indiana on Tuesday, Cruz’s only remaining strategy may be a hostile takeover of the Republican National Convention — a move GOP insiders still see as possible but certainly one that could severely damage the party.

Trump’s growing list of elected allies are encouraging Cruz to discard any such thinking.

“It’d hurt the very party that they want to represent,” Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) told POLITICO on Friday. “That’s not good and that’s why I believe that the establishment and people in Washington should say this is over. Donald Trump is clearly, clearly who the people want.”

Trump’s top adviser, Paul Manafort, is doing more than appealing for unity. He and his team are now making the case to lawmakers that Trump will seal the nomination before the national convention with a combination of bound delegates and roughly 40 unbound delegates from Pennsylvania who they consider solid Trump supporters, according to two Capitol Hill allies of Trump.

Even before Trump’s six straight primary blowouts in the past two weeks, Manafort told lawmakers at an April 14 meeting that the front-runner would win on the first ballot. Manafort based that case on projections that Trump has since exceeded, including a projected 85 bound delegates in New York, where the businessman ended up winning 89 delegates, according to a Republican aide.

Even if Trump crosses the threshold to earn 1,237 bound delegates at the convention, Cruz may not be out of options. The Texas senator has been crushing Trump in the shadow fight for loyal convention delegates — delegates who could be free to vote their preference on a second ballot. It’s conceivable that a majority of the delegates at the convention in Cleveland will oppose Trump’s nomination, even if they’re bound to vote for him. In that scenario, that majority could unseat scores of Trump delegates, rewrite convention rules to eliminate any binding requirements and make it less likely — if not impossible — for Trump to claim the nomination.

Cruz campaign officials have offered no hints as to whether they’d consider those options, or even make an attempt that could be cast as a coup. Party elders say they expect no radical gambits that would undermine the results of the primaries and caucuses.

Anti-Trump forces have not signaled whether their opposition will extend to the convention yet, especially if Trump clinches the delegates needed on a first ballot before the GOP descends on Cleveland. The conservative Club for Growth said in a statement that it expects to defeat Trump in Indiana and again in California, denying him the delegates to win the nomination outright. Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts, whose family of wealth GOP donors has spearheaded the anti-Trump movement, is also poised to endorse Cruz.

An attempted convention takeover, however, would require Cruz’s team to assume that all of the delegates who have pledged loyalty to the Texan remain loyal in the face of massive backlash from party leaders. Indeed, even Cruz’s team knows that some of their delegates signed on simply to oppose Trump, not out of any deep attachment to Cruz.

“I think Cruz is counting on a lot of the people who have said that they’re going to support him. But a lot of those same people are coming around and are going to be — they’re going to be transitioning to Trump delegates,” said Corey Stewart, Trump’s Virginia campaign director. “They want to support a winner. These are very smart people and politically savvy people. … They’re coming around.”

If Cruz were to pursue a convention takeover anyway, there’s a roadmap waiting for him.

North Dakota GOP committeeman Curly Haugland has been agitating for years that delegates may not be forced to vote against their conscience under the party’s current rules. Though a provision requires the secretary of the convention — a position appointed by the delegates — to record votes based on the party’s binding rules, a separate, conflicting provision lays out an entirely different vote-counting process in which delegates may cast a ballot for any candidate they choose — and do it secretly. Haugland argues that the latter rule supersedes the former because it is included in a section of the rules specifically meant to control the 2016 convention.

Haugland, who will be on this year’s convention rules committee, said he intends to propose language to eliminate the binding language to govern future conventions. His critics generally dismiss his proposals as politically unpalatable moves that would disenfranchise primary and caucus voters, but this year, the fervor among anti-Trump forces for a contested convention could lend his ideas currency.

One advocate of the stop-Trump-at-all-costs approach is Stuart Stevens, a former senior adviser to 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney. Stevens said he’s witnessed the slow acquiescence to Trump by party insiders, but he says he’ll never play along. He said that even if Trump reaches 1,237 bound delegates before the convention, Cruz should use his delegate advantage to block him anyway.

“You should do anything you can that’s within — anything you can legally — to try to win an election,” he said. “The Republican Party prided itself on opposing the Communist party and it would be a laughable irony if they fell into the Communist Party line and were supposed to ‘do what’s good for the party.’ Brezhnev would be chuckling somewhere.”

“I’m for fighting all the way,” he added. source

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2016, 05:21:56 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUcCxMpFQbE&app=desktop
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2016, 03:18:27 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/out-of-time-and-near-the-breaking-point-ted-cruz-resorts-to-personal-attacks-on-trump/

Out Of Time And Near The Breaking Point, Ted Cruz Resorts To Personal Attacks On Trump

Ted Cruz accused Trump of being both disingenuous and self-aggrandizing, saying Trump was a "narcissist" at a level "I don't think this country has ever seen." "Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, 'Dude, what's your problem?' " Cruz said.

5/3/16

Ted Cruz laid into Donald Trump with his most personal and toughest criticism since the GOP presidential campaign began, calling him a “pathological liar” on Tuesday who doesn’t understand the difference between the truth and lies.

Ted Cruz prefaced his comments by saying that for the first time, he wanted to say exactly what he thought of Trump after the front-runner suggested Cruz’s father might have had something to do with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The Texas senator accused Trump of being both disingenuous and self-aggrandizing, saying Trump was a “narcissist” at a level “I don’t think this country has ever seen.” “Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, ‘Dude, what’s your problem?’ ” Cruz said.

Ted Cruz Unloads On “Pathological Liar” “Bully” “Serial Philanderer” Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz today broke his original promise to not engage in personal attacks and absolutely unloads on Donald Trump. You can hear in Cruz’s voice that he is beyond frustrated and near the breaking point as his campaign grinds to a sure and ignominious end.  The people listening to him are stunned into silence at his tirade, they know they are witnessing a mental breakdown.

“Whatever lie he’s telling, in that minute he believes it, Cruz added. “But the man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him.” He criticized Trump for tweeting an unflattering picture of his wife, Heidi Cruz, saying it is just one piece of evidence that Trump is scared of “strong women.”

“It’s why he went after Heidi directly, attacked her and smeared her,” Cruz said. “Heidi isn’t pretty enough for him. … Donald is a bully. … Bullies don’t come from strength, they come from weakness. … There’s a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes.”

“Donald has a real problem with women,” Cruz continued. He then noted that Trump defended boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted in Indiana on **** charges, and told Trump’s supporters they should not believe their favored candidate.

“Donald is cynically exploiting that anger, and Donald is lying to his supporters,” he said. He went on to insist Trump would betray his them by not doing what he promises, including his pledge to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Cruz’s all-out assault suggested his campaign might be nearing its breaking point.

The Texas senator accused Trump of being both disingenuous and self-aggrandizing, saying Trump was a “narcissist” at a level “I don’t think this country has ever seen.” “Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, ‘Dude, what’s your problem?’ ” Cruz said.

“Whatever lie he’s telling, in that minute he believes it, Cruz added. “But the man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him.”

He criticized Trump for tweeting an unflattering picture of his wife, Heidi Cruz, saying it is just one piece of evidence that Trump is scared of “strong women.”

“It’s why he went after Heidi directly, attacked her and smeared her,” Cruz said. “Heidi isn’t pretty enough for him. … Donald is a bully. … Bullies don’t come from strength, they come from weakness. … There’s a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes.”

“Donald has a real problem with women,” Cruz continued.

He then noted that Trump defended boxer Mike Tyson, who was convicted in Indiana on **** charges, and told Trump’s supporters they should not believe their favored candidate.

“Donald is cynically exploiting that anger, and Donald is lying to his supporters,” he said. He went on to insist Trump would betray his them by not doing what he promises, including his pledge to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Cruz’s all-out assault suggested his campaign might be nearing its breaking point. source
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: