End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:45:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny  (Read 54062 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2016, 07:38:36 pm »

Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race

Ted Cruz is quitting the presidential race, according to campaign manager Jeff Roe, ending one of the best-organized campaigns of 2016 after a series of stinging defeats left Donald Trump as the only candidate capable of clinching the nomination outright.

Cruz had appeared likely to go all the way to the Republican convention, but a string of massive losses in the Northeast, and his subsequent defeat in Indiana, appear to have convinced him there’s no way forward.

Story Continued Below

John Kasich, however, pledged on Tuesday night to stay in the race until a candidate reaches 1,237 bound delegates.

From the start, Cruz has premised his candidacy on the idea that 2016 would be an election driven by resentment toward the established GOP order. It was a strategy that looked prescient as Cruz steadily rose in the polls throughout 2015 and broke into the top tier in Iowa in early 2016.

But what Cruz did not expect — what no one expected — is that he would be outmatched and outstripped in outsider anger by Trump. Cruz had maintained a fragile truce with Trump all of last year, but by the time he turned on the front-runner, the Manhattan businessman had already captured the voters Cruz was hoping would fuel his candidacy.

Cruz lost Indiana after pulling out all the stops: he struck a nonaggression pact with John Kasich. He bought TV ads. His supportive super PACs bought TV ads. He blitzed the Sunday shows. He barnstormed the state on a bus tour. He got the governor’s endorsement. He even named his running mate.

Losing despite all that represented the final nail in the coffin of Cruz’s months-long claim that conservatives were coalescing around his insurgent candidacy.

In early 2016, it had appeared that Cruz had executed masterfully his plan to consolidate conservatives and emerge as Trump’s main rival. In Iowa, he drove Govs. Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker out of the race before the caucuses — and then crushed the two reigning winners, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum, on caucus day.

Even as he exited the race, Cruz had far surpassed most expectations in 2016, particularly in fundraising, as he tapped both big donors and an army of small ones as he became one of the race’s best-financed candidates. His constellation of super PACs raised the second most to Jeb Bush among Republicans last year. And ahead of super Tuesday, his campaign bragged about more than 200,000 volunteers nationwide.

For a 45-year-old only halfway through his first term in the Senate, those could be the building blocks of the future, especially for a Republican Party that, until 2016 at least, had long rewarded candidates seasoned by previous losing campaigns.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-presidential-race-222763
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2016, 10:04:44 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »

an honest man.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2016, 05:29:33 pm »

wooops  Cheesy

Exclusive: President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

During an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized Wednesday for the vulgar language he has used regarding GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southern border and invited the likely Republican nominee to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

Earlier this year, Fox said that he would not pay for Trump’s “f*cking wall,” and called Trump ““Ignorant … crazy … egocentric … nasty … [a] false prophet.” Trump then called on Fox to apologize

On Wednesday, he did so — in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News — and added that he wanted Trump to come to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

“I apologize. Forgiveness is one of the greatest qualities that human beings have, is the quality of a compassionate leader. You have to be humble. You have to be compassionate. You have to love thy neighbor,” Fox explained to Breitbart News while sitting in the hotel of the J.W. Marriott in Santa Monica, California on Wednesday afternoon.

“Love your nation. Love the world,” he added. “Yes, I’m humble enough as leadership be, [a] compassionate leader. If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”

“I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it,” Fox stressed, adding, “I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”

Fox stressed the important trade ties the two countries have, noting that the U.S. benefits from Mexican labor and has much larger trade deficits with other countries.

He urged Trump to be more responsible, and suggested that he could help: “I can convince him to think intelligently” about trade and other issues, he explained.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/president-fox-apologizes-invites-trump-mexico/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2016, 08:44:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2016, 08:51:23 pm »

Out Of Time And Near The Breaking Point, Ted Cruz Resorts To Personal Attacks On Trump

That's too rich... NowTheEndBegins is reporting on the last, desperate attempts by Cruz, saying he "resorted to personal attacks", but never mentioned all of the stuff that Trump has done to everyone else from the beginning: the continued "Lyin' Ted" stuff, the Zodiac Killer nonsense, the Cruz/Oswald stuff, basically saying Ted Cruz's wife is ugly, etc. (all of which would qualify as "personal attacks"); calling Ben Carson a pathological child molester, calling Carly Fiorina ugly, calling Marco Rubio "little" and "lightweight", calling Rand Paul a "spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain", etc.

But NowTheEndBegins isn't biased or anything like that...  Roll Eyes They're just like Breitbart and Drudge Report: sold out to Donald Trump.

How he's the nominee I have no idea, and why conservative sites like Breitbart and Christian sites like NowTheEndBegins support him I have no idea: he's neither conservative nor Christian. I honestly think it has a lot to do with the whole "Infowars Alex Jones" stuff.

Honest question to all of you: Now that Ted Cruz has dropped out of the race, were Utah, Colorado, or any state that Ted Cruz won still rigged? Or was that an overreaction? If they can supposedly rig entire elections, why is Trump the GOP nominee? I thought they hated him? Couldn't they have just faked the election results to hand the nomination to Jeb from the beginning? Also, why was it only rigged when Cruz won, but not when Trump won?
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »

That's too rich... NowTheEndBegins is reporting on the last, desperate attempts by Cruz, saying he "resorted to personal attacks", but never mentioned all of the stuff that Trump has done to everyone else from the beginning: the continued "Lyin' Ted" stuff, the Zodiac Killer nonsense, the Cruz/Oswald stuff, basically saying Ted Cruz's wife is ugly, etc. (all of which would qualify as "personal attacks"); calling Ben Carson a pathological child molester, calling Carly Fiorina ugly, calling Marco Rubio "little" and "lightweight", calling Rand Paul a "spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain", etc.

But NowTheEndBegins isn't biased or anything like that...  Roll Eyes They're just like Breitbart and Drudge Report: sold out to Donald Trump.

How he's the nominee I have no idea, and why conservative sites like Breitbart and Christian sites like NowTheEndBegins support him I have no idea: he's neither conservative nor Christian. I honestly think it has a lot to do with the whole "Infowars Alex Jones" stuff.

Honest question to all of you: Now that Ted Cruz has dropped out of the race, were Utah, Colorado, or any state that Ted Cruz won still rigged? Or was that an overreaction? If they can supposedly rig entire elections, why is Trump the GOP nominee? I thought they hated him? Couldn't they have just faked the election results to hand the nomination to Jeb from the beginning? Also, why was it only rigged when Cruz won, but not when Trump won?

Geoffrey Grider of Now the End Begins believes there's NINE dispensations in the bible - the guy is a HyperDispensationalist HERETIC!

2 Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Honestly, I don't think Grider even believes the rapture is soon around the corner either, seeing he's putting a lot of faith in Trump turning around this country.

2 Peter 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

And it seems like EVERY media outlet is on the Trump bandwagon now - conservative, liberal, independent, or whatever - even good, independent news sites like End of the American Dream is on the Trump bandwagon. Make no mistake - Trump has been a lifelong celebrity - I actually find it quite shocking that people "hate him", and think he'll be this country's "next savior". This is all manufactured.

And to answer your last question - I believe everything on the world stage is rigged and scripted - I'm not saying this with 100% fact, but from what I've personally OBSERVED et al (whether politics, sports, finance, entertainment, or whatever). IOW, it's all nothing but a big show put on by TPTB, and they pull it off by making everything look REAL. (ie, black magic)

Rev 18:22  And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23  And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Like I said, I'm not saying it with 100% fact (but it's what I believe through observations et al) - nonetheless ultimately, if you're saved, you're in the protective hands of Jesus Christ (John 10:27-29), if you're not, you're in the hands of antichrist (1 John 4:3). And pretty much those active on the world stage are doing Satan's bidding.

Luke 4:5  And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Luk 4:7  If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »

Geoffrey Grider of Now the End Begins believes there's NINE dispensations in the bible - the guy is a HyperDispensationalist HERETIC!

Do you have a link for that?

2 Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Honestly, I don't think Grider even believes the rapture is soon around the corner either, seeing he's putting a lot of faith in Trump turning around this country.

Do you read his stuff? Hes always talking about how close the Rapture is. I will admit hes a little Trump happy.

2 Peter 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

And it seems like EVERY media outlet is on the Trump bandwagon now - conservative, liberal, independent, or whatever - even good, independent news sites like End of the American Dream is on the Trump bandwagon. Make no mistake - Trump has been a lifelong celebrity - I actually find it quite shocking that people "hate him", and think he'll be this country's "next savior". This is all manufactured.

And to answer your last question - I believe everything on the world stage is rigged and scripted - I'm not saying this with 100% fact, but from what I've personally OBSERVED et al (whether politics, sports, finance, entertainment, or whatever). IOW, it's all nothing but a big show put on by TPTB, and they pull it off by making everything look REAL. (ie, black magic)

Rev 18:22  And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23  And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Like I said, I'm not saying it with 100% fact (but it's what I believe through observations et al) - nonetheless ultimately, if you're saved, you're in the protective hands of Jesus Christ (John 10:27-29), if you're not, you're in the hands of antichrist (1 John 4:3). And pretty much those active on the world stage are doing Satan's bidding.

Luke 4:5  And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6  And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Luk 4:7  If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 04, 2016, 11:18:42 pm »

FWIW, I'm good friends with Jim Beckwith on YT (his channel is this very name - he has a lot of good videos explaining the rapture via scripture, among other apologetic topics) - he listens to Grider, and told me Grider admitted this on his radio show.

As for Grider saying he anticipates the rapture - this is just me, and I'm NOT trying to point fingers at anyone or anything - but if anyone like Grider comes out and openly says he anticipates the rapture, but en yet he has his other foot set on the world system (acts like Trump will turn around this country). Sounds like he's serving 2 masters, and sounds like his heart is with this world.

Like I said, this is just me.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2016, 11:21:58 pm »

FWIW, I'm good friends with Jim Beckwith on YT (his channel is this very name - he has a lot of good videos explaining the rapture via scripture, among other apologetic topics) - he listens to Grider, and told me Grider admitted this on his radio show.

As for Grider saying he anticipates the rapture - this is just me, and I'm NOT trying to point fingers at anyone or anything - but if anyone like Grider comes out and openly says he anticipates the rapture, but en yet he has his other foot set on the world system (acts like Trump will turn around this country). Sounds like he's serving 2 masters, and sounds like his heart is with this world.

Like I said, this is just me.

How many dispensations are there?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:42 pm »

Are you sure you mean HyperDispensationalist? Or do you mean something else?

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/beware_of_hyper_dispensatinalism.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2016, 11:41:19 pm »

I believe there's 7 dispensations (Bryan D and others have gone over this) - I'm very weak in this area, but this is my understanding.

As for what HyperDispensationalist (I will get to the link later) - pretty much what it is is cutting up the bible, and acting like even some of the NT is (somehow) not for us. For example, HyperDs believe Matthew - John are OT books, and somehow 1st Peter - Revelation are for the Jews in the ToJT period as well.

There's just so many INCREDIBLY flaws with this - the book of John stresses how "Ye must be born again..." in it, which is the biggest focus of the gospel. The book of Revelation is NOT JUST the ToJT period, but Rev 2-3 deals with the 7 churches during this 2000 year church age of grace we're living in. And Peter said this in 2nd Peter...

2 Peter 3:15  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Yes, what is written in the Peters is the same thing written in Paul's epistles. It's quite clear here. And for that matter too, ditto the 1/2/3 Johns.

2 John 1:5  And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The book of Jude starts with this...

Jude 1:3  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

This same exhortation/warning is also given in Paul's epistles.

2 Timothy 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

And in the 4 gospels as well...

Matthew 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Also - Hebrews and James are NOT different dispensation periods either. They were written to the early Jewish Christians, b/c they were making a transition from their OT law ordinances et al.

Hebrews 13:7  Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9  Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

James 3:5  Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2016, 12:40:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2016, 10:36:10 am »

These key Republican figures say they are voting for Hillary Clinton instead of Donald Trump
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/4/11590356/stop-donald-trump-republicans-vote-hillary-clinton

Updated by Tara Golshan on May 4, 2016, 12:00 p.m. ET

As Donald Trump all but solidified his Republican presidential nomination in Indiana Tuesday, the #NeverTrump movement was forced to come to terms with a harsh reality: that Democrat Hillary Clinton may be the only way to stop Trump.

Since the chair of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus, called Trump the "presumptive GOP nominee," some key Republican figures have made it clear they are not voting for Trump — ever.

Among others, Republican Sen. John McCain's top aide, Mark Salter, told MSNBC that Clinton is "the more conservative choice and the least reckless one," taking to Twitter to make his allegiances more clear:

Tony Fratto, the deputy press secretary under former President George W. Bush, tweeted that he too was "never ever ever ever ever" going to vote for Trump:

RedState blog's editor Ben Howe tweeted, "I am no longer a Republican," clarifying whom he would be voting for in November:

And Philip Klein, the managing editor of the conservative newspaper the Washington Examiner, said he had "officially de-registered" from the Republican Party.

Priebus, on CNN's New Day, said he knows it "will take some time" until the Republican Party will be able to rally around Trump.

But early polling in late February from Rasmussen Reports found that 60 percent of Republicans said they would vote for Trump if he were the nominee. In April, Washington Post/ABC polls found 56 percent of Republicans supported Trump.

So when Trump says he is unifying the Republican Party, he is not too far off the mark: most Republicans say they could vote for Trump, and, more so, most Republicans really dislike Clinton.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2016, 02:52:49 pm »

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/6/11606706/russell-moore-evangelicals-trump
5/6/16
Southern Baptist leader: opposing Trump puts you “on the right side of Jesus”

A top Southern Baptist leader has a warning for white evangelical Christians: If you want to "be on the right side of Jesus," you need to stand up to Donald Trump.

Russell Moore heads the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, the public policy arm of the largest, typically quite conservative American Protestant denomination. In a scathing op-ed in the New York Times, Moore argues that for white evangelicals, the 2016 election is a moment of truth:

A white American Christian who disregards nativist language is in for a shock. The man on the throne in heaven is a dark-skinned, Aramaic-speaking "foreigner" who is probably not all that impressed by chants of "Make America great again."

Moore likens Trump's candidacy to the civil rights movement — a test that many white Baptist churches in the South failed when they defended white supremacy rather than standing by black churches. He argues that it's also in evangelicals' interest to stand up to Trump, because the future of evangelical Christianity lies with the people Trump picks on, including immigrants:

Majorities come and majorities go. And sometimes a silent majority is too silent for its own good… The question is whether evangelicals will be on the right side of Jesus. That will mean standing up for the church’s future leaders, and for our mission, especially when they are politically powerless.

Moore has a lot of minds to change. White evangelical Christians typically support Republican candidates by huge margins: In 2012, Romney captured 79 percent of their vote.

Trump, so far, isn't leading with anything like those numbers, but he still has a huge advantage. The latest Reuters poll found that white Christians who describe themselves as born-again prefer Trump over Clinton, 48 percent to 29 percent, and that Trump has an even wider advantage among white Baptists who go to church at least weekly.

And when it comes to standing up to Trump, churchgoing white evangelicals might be more likely to simply sit on their hands: The closest competitor to Trump wasn't Clinton, but not voting at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-elect-or-not-trump-is-going-to-trial-003511101.html
5/7/16
President-elect or not, Trump is going to trial this year in Trump U fraud case

A federal judge in San Diego set the stage on Friday for what could be one of the strangest presidential transitions in history: He ordered that Donald Trump must go to trial starting Nov. 28 in a civil case in which he is accused of defrauding students who attended Trump University.

“No doubt this will be a challenge … we’re in unchartered waters,” said Daniel Petrocelli, Trump’s lead lawyer in the case, when asked later how his client — if elected in November — would be able to balance preparing to take over the presidency with taking the witness stand in a trial that could run almost until the eve of the following January’s inauguration.

But Petrocelli said Trump was fully prepared to testify and would even attend “most, if not all” of the trial in order to vindicate himself. “His preference would be to be here for the entirety of the trial,” Petrocelli said. “He believes this case is unwarranted and he wants to defend himself fully.”

The ruling today by U.S. Judge Gonzalo Curiel, during a pretrial conference on the six-year-old lawsuit, actually represented a small victory for Trump. The lawyers for the plaintiffs, arguing that “justice delayed is justice denied,” had asked for a trial to start as early as this summer — immediately after the Republican convention in Cleveland. “There are people who are still paying off their debts for the money they paid to Trump University,” said Jason Forge, a lead lawyer for the plaintiffs suing Trump.

Petrocelli, for his part, pushed back, contending that a trial over Trump University would end up becoming a media spectacle that would amount to an “unwarranted intrusion” on the November elections. He had asked that Curiel put the whole matter off until next February, after the inauguration, arguing that Trump, if elected, would be working “around the clock” during the transition to form a Cabinet. He acknowledged to Curiel that he was “fully aware” that a President Trump would not be able to postpone the case indefinitely, consistent with the Supreme Court’s unanimous ruling that President Bill Clinton was not immune to a civil suit by Paula Jones, alleging sexual harassment.

Curiel decided to split the difference: In an effort to “accommodate” Trump’s political campaign, he agreed to put the trial off until after the election — but scheduled it right afterward, rather than “waiting for [a] President Trump to begin his first term,” thereby “placing him a situation where, as a sitting president, he is taking up time as leader of the free world” to sit through trial. (Anticipating difficulty in finding unbiased jurors, the judge said he may want to start jury selection even earlier than Nov. 28.)

But Trump may still find his legal troubles impinging on his campaign;  he is facing a separate trial in New York state courts  in a civil fraud suit, also stemming from the ill-fated Trump University, brought by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. (No trial date has been set on that case yet, but a spokesman for Schneiderman told Yahoo News that his office believes it could begin as early as this fall.)

The hearing today is the latest development in a case that has already erupted as a campaign issue and has threatened to shine a spotlight on Trump’s business practices — including his penchant for making hyperbolic claims to consumers — at the very moment he is trying to persuade voters he can deliver on his campaign pledges to end illegal immigration, destroy the Islamic State and balance the federal budget without touching entitlements like Social Security and Medicare.

The core case revolves around the operations of a school Trump launched in 2005 with a promotional YouTube video and ads that proclaimed, “I can turn anyone into a successful real estate investor, including you,” “Are you My Next Apprentice?” and “Learn from my handpicked experts how you can profit from the largest real estate liquidation in history.”

In fact, Trump University was never an accredited educational institution, and he was later forced by state attorneys general to change its name to the “Trump Entrepreneurial Initiative.” The plaintiffs, former students at Trump University, allege that Trump used “misleading, fraudulent and predatory practices,” conning them into maxing out their credit cards and in some cases paying more than $35,000 in fees for seminars and “mentoring” by Trump’s “handpicked” real estate experts. The lawsuit against the school, which is no longer in business, alleges that the seminars were little more than an “infomercial” and that the Trump mentors offered “no practical advice” and “mostly disappeared.”

One key issue in the case has been Trump’s boasts that the “courses” and “mentoring” would be conducted by the “best of the best” — real estate experts he personally chose. During a deposition last December, Forge hammered away at Trump on the issue, showing the businessman a photo lineup and playing videos of some of the instructors and asking him if he could identify any of them. Trump could not, at first saying it was “too many years” ago for him to recognize them and then finally admitting he didn’t actually know any of them. “I looked at résumés and things, but I didn’t pick the speakers,” Trump said at one point.

Trump’s lawyers have adamantly denied the charges and insisted that most students who took the courses were satisfied. On the campaign trial, Trump has vowed to never settle the case, claiming it was brought by a “sleazebag law firm” — a reference to Forge’s firm, Robbins Geller — and confidently predicted, “I will win the case at the end.” He has even criticized Judge Curiel, claiming he was biased against him because of his Hispanic origin. “If I didn’t have a hostile judge in California, this case would have ended years ago,” he said during a campaign rally in Arkansas last Feb. 26. (Trump had even suggested he might move for Curiel’s recusal, based on his Hispanic origin, but Petrocelli told reporters today he had no plans to file such a motion.)

The case has already eaten up Trump’s time on the campaign trail, forcing him to sit for two contentious last December and January in which he was grilled by Forge, prompting him to complaint at one point about “harassment” by the lawyer and to shoot back at another point, “Let’s just go to court and get this case — I’m dying to go to court in this case.”

It looks like he might be getting his wish.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2016, 02:10:12 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mitt-romney-met-privately-with-william-kristol-who-is-leading-the-effort-to-draft-an-independent-candidate/ar-BBsJyu7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP
Mitt Romney met privately with William Kristol, who is leading the effort to draft an independent candidate
5/6/16

In spite of his insistence that he will not run, Mitt Romney is being courted this week by a leading conservative commentator to reconsider and jump into the volatile 2016 presidential race as an independent candidate.

William Kristol, the longtime editor of the Weekly Standard magazine and a leading voice on the right, met privately with the 2012 nominee on Thursday afternoon to discuss the possibility of launching an independent bid, potentially with Romney as its standard-bearer.

“He came pretty close to being elected president, so I thought he may consider doing it, especially since he has been very forthright in explaining why Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton should not be president of the United States,” Kristol said in a phone interview Friday, during which he confirmed that he and Romney had a “little meeting in Washington.”

But knowing Romney’s reluctance, Kristol told Romney that if he remains unwilling to run, many top conservatives would appreciate having the former Massachusetts governor’s support for an independent candidate, should Kristol and other right-leaning figures enlist a willing contender.

“Obviously, if there were to be an independent candidacy, Romney’s support would be very important,” Kristol said. “I wanted to get his wisdom on whether it was more or less doable than I thought.”

“It was not like, ‘You should do it.’ I wouldn’t presume he’d do it. But I’m hoping that he begins to think about it a little more,” Kristol said. “His name is one of the names that is part of the discussion.”

William Kristol, the longtime editor of The Weekly Standard, is leading an effort to draft an independent candidate for this year's presidential race.© Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images William Kristol, the longtime editor of The Weekly Standard, is leading an effort to draft an independent candidate for this year's presidential race.

The closed-door huddle was held at the J.W. Marriott hotel in Washington, which is just blocks from the White House. It was requested by Kristol, according to a person close to Romney who requested anonymity to discuss the session. Kristol said the conversation was held over glasses of water.

Kristol has been working informally for weeks to seek out a prominent political or military figure who could be drafted into the general-election contest, such as retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis, who recently declined such overtures.

Later Thursday, both Kristol and Romney attended an awards gala for American Friends of The Hebrew University, an area group that supports the Jerusalem-based school.

At the dinner, when asked in front of the attendees about possibly running as an independent this year, Romney said he was not interested.

“No, I’m certainly going to be hoping that we find someone who I have my confidence in who becomes nominee. I don’t intend on supporting either of the major-party candidates at this point,” Romney said, according to the Washington Examiner.

But, Romney added, “I am dismayed at where we are now, I wish we had better choices, and I keep hoping that somehow things will get better, and I just don’t see an easy answer from where we are.”

A Romney spokesperson was not available for comment Friday evening.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2016, 12:29:17 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/gop-trump-clinton-matchup-nightmare-choice-38963927
For Some Republicans, Trump-Clinton Matchup Is 'Nightmare'
By nicholas riccardi, associated press

·OREM, Utah — May 8, 2016, 8:21 PM ET

As the setting sun's light flooded a meeting of Utah County Republicans, Melanie Sorensen described her concerns about her party's presumptive presidential nominee.

First, she spoke about Donald Trump's suggestion that he may violate party orthodoxy and back a minimum wage increase. Then, she addressed his tendency to take different sides of the same issue. Then, the image he projects to the world.

"I'm certainly a 'Never Hillary' person but I may also be a 'Never Trump' person," said Sorensen, 42, a homemaker who spends countless hours volunteering for the GOP. "It's a nightmare. I'm living in a nightmare."

Voters in this slice of deeply conservative Utah are experiencing an acute version of the political panic attack that's gripped much of the GOP since Trump's remaining rivals dropped out last week.

Utah County, 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, was never going to support Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton. It's home to Brigham Young University, and 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney won 88 percent of its voters against President Barack Obama. But it's also the conservative heart of Utah, whose voters were among the most resistant to Trump in the nominating contest.

The billionaire won only 14 percent of the votes at the Republican caucuses in March. Trump's boastful, populist approach offends many in a deeply religious state that values humility, personal ethics and traditional conservative values. "What's more important to us is the life led, the character of the candidate for office," said Robert Craig, 55, a businessman and another member of the Utah County party's executive committee.

The way Utah's Republicans grapple with Trump's nomination may say a lot about his viability in November. No presidential nominee in recent decades has won the White House without overwhelming support from voters of his own party — typically 90 percent of them or more — but the GOP is badly splintered over Trump.

U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., set off a firestorm last week when he said Trump had not yet earned his endorsement. The last two GOP presidents — George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush — said they wouldn't attend the party's July convention where Trump awaits the nomination.

Some Utah Republicans are grudgingly lining up behind Trump. U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart, who called Trump "our Mussolini" in March, now calls for party unity. "While Mr. Trump wasn't my first choice, we must move forward and unite to defeat Hillary Clinton," he said.

K.C. Bezant contemplated what to do as he hurried back from his lunch break to the furniture store in the University Mall where he works. "Not a big fan," he said of Trump. Bezant voted for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the caucuses. Another salesman, David Bauer, 69, met Bezant as he walked in.

"Are you going to vote for Trump?" Bezant asked Bauer, who had also supported Cruz in the caucuses.

"Yeah," Bauer answered. "I don't like Hillary. I'll vote for him. Not voting is just putting another vote in Hillary's back pocket."

"Yeah," Bezant said. "I'll do it."

Not everyone in the store was as sanguine.

Tammy Pawlowski, 58, was horrified when Trump said this year that he never had asked God for forgiveness. She's Mormon, "and repentance is a big thing for us," Pawlowski said. "We have to be accountable to somebody — we need to be accountable to God for what we do and to people. If you're not going to be accountable to anyone, then you don't care about anyone but yourself."

Pawlowski said she might actually end up voting for Clinton: "I would actually pick her over Trump."

In more than two dozen interviews of Republicans in Orem, Pawlowski was the only one who said she might vote for Clinton. But some were seeking third-party escape hatches from what they considered to be an impossible choice. "I keep hoping for a do-over," said Amy Gertsch, 40, a professional pet blogger who preferred Sen. Rand Paul, an early dropout.

At the county GOP meeting, between the Pledge of Allegiance and a discussion of local races, executive committee members were trying to find a reason to support their party's nominee. "What could help Donald Trump move more people in the Republican Party to his side is to pick a vice president, and have more people around him, who are conservative," said Joe Phelon, 44. Heads nodded approvingly, and an excited murmur rippled through the room when someone mentioned a rumor that Trump would select U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, chairman of the House committee investigating the 2012 attack against Americans in Benghazi, Libya, as his attorney general.

"We're waiting to see what Mr. Trump would do," said Ben Summerhalder, 63. "If we were voting today I'd have to hold my nose — he's boorish, he's not a conservative."

Some are more open to Trump. The billionaire was software developer Lowell Nelson's third choice out of the 17 Republicans who competed for the nomination, and Nelson backed Cruz in the caucuses. But now Trump will get his vote.

"He has stood firm against the trade deals and on immigration," Nelson said. "Anything to get the establishment, the neoconservatives, angry, I'm OK with that."

But even in this group of loyal, hard-core Republicans, some thought they wouldn't vote for the nominee.

"A 'no' vote," said Anna Standage, 49, "is still a vote."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2016, 10:08:02 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-taxes-wealthy-133248024.html
Trump says he's open to raising taxes on wealthy Americans
5/8/16

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Sunday he was open to raising taxes on the rich, backing off his prior proposal to reduce taxes on all Americans and breaking with one of his party’s core policies dating back to the 1990s.

“I am willing to pay more, and you know what, the wealthy are willing to pay more,” Trump told ABC’s “This Week.”

After effectively sealing the Republican nomination last week for the Nov. 8 presidential election, Trump has used speeches and interviews to offer more details on his policy positions.

The billionaire real estate tycoon has said he would like to see an increase in the minimum wage, although he told NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday he would prefer to see states take the lead on that front instead of the federal government.

“I don’t know how people make it on $7.25 an hour,” Trump said of the current federal minimum wage. “I would like to see an increase of some magnitude. But I’d rather leave it to the states. Let the states decide.”

Trump’s call for higher taxes on the wealthy is a break with Republican presidential nominees who have staunchly opposed tax hikes for almost three decades. Higher taxes have been anathema to many in the party since former President George H.W. Bush infuriated fellow Republicans by abandoning a pledge not to raise taxes and agreeing to an increase as part of a 1990 budget deal.

Democrats, including presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, have pressed for increased taxes on the wealthiest Americans for years.

Trump released a tax proposal last September that included broad tax breaks for businesses and households. He proposed reducing the highest income tax rate to 25 percent from the current 39.6 percent rate.

Pressed on the contradiction between his latest comments on taxes and the September tax plan, Trump said he viewed his original proposal as “a concept” and that he expected it would be changed following negotiations with Congress.

“By the time it gets negotiated, it’s going to be a different plan,” Trump told ABC. He emphasized in separate interviews with ABC and NBC’s “Meet the Press” that his priorities were lowering taxes on the middle class and businesses.

“The middle class has to be protected,” Trump told NBC. The rich are “probably going to end up paying more,” he said.

Clinton’s campaign staff said Trump’s comments were an effort to pander to voters beyond those who supported him in the primary elections and that he had no intention of raising taxes for wealthy people.

“Don’t believe Donald Trump’s weak attempts at a general election ‘makeover’ for even a second,” Christina Reynolds, a Clinton campaign spokeswoman, said in a statement. “Trump’s economic plans take direct aim at working Americans - his proposal to cut trillions in taxes for the top one percent would almost certainly come at the expense of working and middle class families.”

DEEP DIVIDE

Republicans remain deeply divided over Trump’s candidacy, although he has pledged to try to unite the party ahead of its convention in July. Prominent party leaders such as Paul Ryan, the top elected U.S. Republican, have distanced themselves from Trump over his proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States.

Ryan, who has been a leading voice for the Republican Party on budget issues for years and is the House of Representatives speaker, has proposed a series of budgets that would cut taxes across the board.

Trump has also called for new tariffs on Chinese and Mexican imports to the United States, a position at odds with views on trade held by Ryan and many other pro-business Republicans.

Ryan, who will preside over the July 18-21 convention in Cleveland where the party will formally nominate its candidate, said last week he hoped to eventually support Trump. But he added: “I’m just not there right now.”

Republican U.S. Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona also is undecided about Trump. Flake said he wanted to see Trump revise some of his positions, including the proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States.

“He’s got to soften his position there,” Flake said.

Underscoring the party’s divisions, Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate and a Trump supporter, criticized Ryan for failing to endorse Trump. The conservative populist firebrand said she would work to defeat Ryan in his Aug. 9 primary race against a conservative businessman.

Clinton said she hoped to take advantage of Republican reticence over Trump to draw the support of party defectors.

“I am asking people to come join this campaign,” the former secretary of state told CBS. “And I’ve had a lot of outreach from Republicans in the last days who say that they are interested in talking about that.”

(Additional reporting by Dustin Volz in Washington and Jonathan Allen in New York; Editing by Paul Simao and Peter Cooney)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/09/3776512/donald-trump-russell-moore-biblical-smackdown/
Now Trump Is Just Openly Attacking The Religious Right
5/9/16

Businessman and presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is now openly attacking leaders of the Religious Right who are critical of him, using Twitter to blast the head of the Southern Baptist Convention’s political arm as “a nasty guy with no heart.”

On Monday morning, Trump published a tweet labeling Russell Moore, head of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, as “a terrible representative of Evangelicals.” Moore is an established leader of the Religious Right and has traditionally voiced support for Republican candidates, but has been unusually critical of Trump, who he sees as unrepresentative of evangelical Christian values.

Moore fired back with a pair of tweets an hour later, first by mocking one of Trump’s catch-phrases and then by citing 1 Kings 18:17-19 — a passage from the Bible in which the prophet Elijah accuses a king of “abandon[ing] the Lord’s commands.”

Trump’s back-and-forth with Moore appears to be triggered by remarks the pastor made while being interviewed on “Face the Nation” on CBS over the weekend. Asked to comment on Trump’s rise, Moore railed against the GOP frontrunner, calling him “reality television moral sewage.” Moore then conflated Trump with Democratic party frontrunner Hillary Clinton, accusing both of being morally destitute.

“What we have in the Donald Trump phenomenon as well as in the Hillary Clinton phenomenon is an embrace of the very kind of moral and cultural decadence that conservatives have been saying for a long time is the problem," Moore said. “[I disagree with] conservatives who were saying in the previous Clinton era that character matters, and rightly so, who now are not willing to say anything when we have this sort of reality television moral sewage coming through all over our culture.”

The social media spat marks the first time Trump has assailed Moore directly, but the pastor has levied criticism at the business mogul for months. Moore has written a series of op-eds in both the Washington Post and the New York Times — two in each publication — decrying Trump as the enemy of evangelical Christians, saying he is against “everything they believe.” He also tweeted several scathing criticisms of The Donald while he delivered a speech in January at Liberty University, an evangelical Christian school.

Moore isn’t alone. Although Trump — who has been unable to name his favorite Bible verse and who says he doesn’t ask God for forgiveness because he doesn’t believe he’s done anything wrong — enjoys support from evangelicals who attend church infrequently and a smattering of prosperity gospel preachers, a growing number of evangelical and conservative Christian leaders are speaking out against his candidacy. In February, the Christian Post — and evangelical publication — took a position on a candidate for the first time in their history by publishing an impassioned take-down of Trump. And last week, at least one Liberty University board member resigned in protest after the school’s president endorsed Trump.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2016, 06:44:47 pm »

Rapper Azealia Banks Endorses Trump – Says Hillary Talks to Black People “Like We’re Pets”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/rapper-azealia-banks-endorses-trump-says-hillary-talks-black-people-like-pets/

Lady that is how all Democrats see the Black People.
http://blackgenocide.org/home.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2016, 06:47:01 pm »

Wealthy Cruz and Bush Donors Dump Millions Into Hillary Clinton’s Campaign

Ahh, the true conservative Cruz supporters.  Tongue

That didn’t take long.

Cruz donor James Simons, who donated over a million dollars to Ted’s failed campaign, has begun pouring millions into Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Bush family donors are also donating to Hillary Clinton – the only establishment candidate left in the race.
The Observer reported:

Renaissance Technologies, a hedge fund founded by billionaire James Simons, donated over $13 million to Sen. Ted Cruz’s failed presidential campaign. For a guy who’s supposed to be pretty smart with his money, the ROI on that one has got to sting. Nevertheless, now that Mr. Cruz is out of the race, Mr. Simons has begun pouring millions of dollars into Hillary Clinton‘s campaign, with Renaissance Technologies donating over $2 million to Ms. Clinton so far this election cycle. Euclidean Capital—also owned by Mr. Simons—has given the Clinton campaign over $7 million in contributions, and such figures are likely to increase as Ms. Clinton slowly transitions her attention from Democratic Primary opponent Bernie Sanders to the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump.

Mr. Simons isn’t the only wealthy donor making the move. A number of deep-pocketed elite have given up trying to buy off Republican politicians in order to support Ms. Clinton—the only establishment-friendly candidate of either party remaining in the race. In response, the Clinton campaign has assembled a group dubbed “Republicans for Hillary” to reach wealthy GOP donors. Ms Clinton not only shares over 60 of the same donors with the former Republican candidate Jeb Bush but is also making new efforts to court additional Bush family donors, according to a recent Politico report.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/wealthy-cruz-bush-donors-dump-millions-hillarys-campaign/

of course the Bush's support Hillary.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:55 pm »

Am I really living in the Twilight Zone here? Seriously...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 09, 2016, 07:25:27 pm »

20 Percent of Born Again Christians Will Not Vote in November Election, Poll Finds

.... A Reuters poll found that 20 percent of “born again Christians” said they wouldn’t vote now that the election looks to be between Clinton and Trump.  More than half of voters said they would cast their vote not to support their candidate but instead to oppose the other.....

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/20-percent-of-born-again-christians-say-they-will-not-vote-in-november-election.html

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:15 pm »

20 Percent of Born Again Christians Will Not Vote in November Election, Poll Finds

.... A Reuters poll found that 20 percent of “born again Christians” said they wouldn’t vote now that the election looks to be between Clinton and Trump.  More than half of voters said they would cast their vote not to support their candidate but instead to oppose the other.....

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/20-percent-of-born-again-christians-say-they-will-not-vote-in-november-election.html

And these same "evangelicals" ended up holding their noses to vote for Romney and McCain - all of this is by design. Not surprising at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2016, 02:45:37 pm »

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/newt-gingrich-tops-trump-vp/2016/05/10/id/728194/
Newt Gingrich Tops Trump's VP List
5/10/16

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is now the leading candidate to be tapped by Donald Trump as his running mate, a close confidante of Trump tells Newsmax.

On Tuesday, Trump told the AP that he has whittled down his choices to 5 or 6 names.

"I have a list of people that I would like," Trump revealed in his interview Tuesday.

But the name that keeps cropping up as his favorite is Gingrich, a Trump confidante tells Newsmax.

Trump has tapped former presidential contender Ben Carson to help pick his running mate.  Carson said Tuesday that he is stepping down from that post to focus on the Thursday meeting between Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan. Trump also announced this week that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will head his transition team.

Trump is said to favor Gingrich for several reasons.

First, Trump recognizes he is a Washington neophyte and sees in Gingrich someone who can school him in the legislative process and “make nice” with Capitol Hill.

Trump admitted to the AP he wants a running mate who can help him "with legislation, getting things through."

As Speaker, Gingrich successfully got Bill Clinton to sign legislation abolishing welfare, while agreeing to budget constraints that led to the first balanced budgets in a generation.

Trump has other reasons he is leaning toward Gingrich. He is said to personally like him. Rubio, Newsmax reported, has already been eliminated though he lobbied through surrogates for the job. Rubio has denied doing so.

Trump also finds Ohio Gov. John Kasich “kind of quirky” and not someone he resonates with, the confidante said.

Trump is apparently discarding the traditional approach of picking a running mate to provide geographic or ideological balance to his ticket. Instead he wants someone he “can live with for eight years,” the Trump source said.

This concept of a “simpatico ticket,” while rare, occurred when then-Gov. Bill Clinton of Arkansas turned to then-Sen. Al Gore of nearby Tennessee to run with him in his successful 1992 bid for president.

Though Gingrich did not endorse Trump, the Fox News commentator was an early defender of Trump in the GOP primary.

In addition, they pointed out, Gingrich helped organize a key meeting of Washington insiders for Trump that included former House Appropriations Committee Chairman Bob Livingston, R.-LA, and Heritage Foundation President and former Sen. Jim DeMint, R.-S.C.

“Donald values loyalty,” the source said, and Gingrich has been loyal.

Trump told the AP that he also is looking for a candidate who has held office and been under the public microscope.

"For the most part, they've been vetted over the last 20 years," he explained to the AP.

Gingrich has had such vetting, and survived a bitter, though unsuccessful run for president in 2012 against Mitt Romney.

Gingrich is also considered one of the best communicators in the party, and Trump is placing great emphasis on who can go toe-to-toe against Hillary Clinton’s running mate in upcoming debates.

Trump’s camp also is also said to be worried that his move to the center, already underway, may alienate conservative voters.

Gingrich remains a popular “Reaganite” – and could re-assure these voters if Trump takes positions not in line with party orthodoxy, the source said.

Newsmax queried Gingrich if he has been in discussions with the Trump campaign about the VP slot.

He offered a terse email reply: "No."

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2016, 02:02:27 am »

Top Leftist Website Calls on Hillary Clinton to Concede Primary Race to Crazy Bernie Sanders

The top leftist website called Friday for Hillary Clinton to concede her primary race to Bernie Sanders before she is indicted.
The Huffington Post reported:

Millions of Democrats are voting for a presidential candidate linked to an FBI criminal investigation. These voters either don’t know there’s been a year-long FBI investigation of Clinton’s emails, don’t care, or would vote for Clinton even she faced Espionage Act indictments. Potentially our next Commander in Chief will be interviewed by the FBI soon, as will her top aides. This state of affairs would never take place in any other leading democracy, but American politics is unique.

Bernie Sanders has political momentum, grass roots support throughout the nation, and defeats Donald Trump by a wider margin than Clinton. Sanders has surged to within several points nationally of Clinton, despite being over 50 points down not long ago. In contrast, Clinton lost astronomical leads to both Obama and Sanders, and doesn’t keep polling leads. Furthermore, Trump won’t watch his tone about emails, and every other scandal associated with both Clintons. The pedestrian polling lead Hillary Clinton currently holds over Donald Trump isn’t set in stone; Trump is already ahead of Clinton in a recent poll.

Don’t be certain Trump can’t defeat Clinton in a general election, even if the FBI doesn’t recommend indictments. Once he pivots towards being a semi-normal human being, and distances himself from the bigoted stances he utilized to gain power within the GOP, Clinton would face a more “likable” Trump. In a battle of two individuals with negative favorability ratings, the person who might have jeopardized national security with a private server could easily lose.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/top-leftist-website-calls-hillary-clinton-concede-primary-race-crazy-bernie-sanders/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2016, 04:46:18 am »

Welcome to a Bernie Sanders Wiccan ritual

Attending a rally for Bernie Sanders usually involves long lines and security screenings, but that wasn’t the case at an intimate, informal event Friday evening supporting the Vermont senator’s presidential campaign in a park here.

Instead of metal detectors, entrance required burning ceremonial sweetgrass.

Participants were “smudged,” meaning the smoke from the sweetgrass was wafted over them before they could enter the sacred circle and begin a Wiccan ritual to support Sanders ahead of Oregon’s primary on Tuesday.

“Welcome to the ‘Feeling the Bern ritual,’” Leigha Lafleur, 41, told the gathering  as she prepared to lead them in the “amplification of positive energy of Bernie Sanders and the progressive movement.”

There are lots of ways to support a political candidate, from making phone calls to donating money. Some turn to prayer, Christian or otherwise. Add Wiccan rituals to the list.

Lafleur, a patent agent, has already hosted “Beanies for Bernie” knitting parties and helped out at the senator’s rallies. But she had never performed a Wiccan ritual for Sanders before, and if it was going to happen somewhere, it would be here in Portland, a place she described as a much more welcoming community than where she grew up in Michigan.

She advertised the event on a Sanders volunteer website, calling on Wiccans, pagans, goddess worshipers, atheists or anyone who is spiritually open-minded to “engage with a community of like minded individuals.” Participants were asked to bring a canned good for the Oregon Food Bank.

The event caught the eye of a handful of reporters, as well as a man who said he runs a YouTube channel called Laughing at Liberals. In the end, observers were almost as numerous as participants, who included a 24-year-old mother who does Tarot readings and brought her toddler, a 43-year-old researcher, a 53-year-old semi-retired chef and a 36-year-old food service employee with his dog.

They gathered around a small rug with four candles, flowers and an imitation ballot box adorned with Bernie stickers. Each person was handed a replica ballot and took turns declaring what they would like to see changed — ending private prisons, bringing back Glass-Steagal financial regulations, labeling genetically modified foods and increasing access to college. A reporter for a local alternative weekly who participated in the ritual asked for more transparent public records laws.

Lafleur reminded participants to stay engaged in local politics, not just the presidential race.

“We can’t just be putting all our energy into Bernie, and when the election cycle is over, then what?” she said.

Then they circled the candles together, chanting “be the Bern, be the Bern, be the Bern," a campaign slogan.

When they were finished, they passed around cherries and ginger lemonade.

“Anyone who wants more cherries is free to have them,” Lafleur said, and the ritual was over.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-sanders-prayer-circle-20160514-snap-story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: