End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:41:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny  (Read 54068 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »

This proves all the Trump violence came from the demonic libs

‘We Need a Medic!’: Cops Descend on Nevada Dem Convention as Chaos Erupts Between Clinton, Sanders Supporters

Clinton and Sanders supporters were gathered under one roof Saturday for the Nevada Democratic convention in Las Vegas. But as voices rose and tempers flared, it quickly became clear to all attending that the party was anything but united.

According to the Las Vegas Sun, Bernie Sanders supporters were angry over a voice vote that employed a set of temporary convention rules as the permanent rules. They were also outraged by the count of delegates attending the convention, which they believed positioned Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton at an advantage.

The proportion of Clinton-to-Sanders supporters in attendance ended up being 1,695 to 1,662.

Though Sanders won an unexpected delegate victory in last month’s county conventions, Clinton, who won the Nevada state primary back in February, enjoyed another win Saturday.

Sanders supporters in attendance Saturday demanded a recount, claiming that a number of their delegates were not represented at the convention.

Political outcomes aside, Saturday’s convention was anything but a success for either party, according to attendees. Many convention goers filmed the chaos as police officers patrolled the ballroom of the Paris Hotel and threatened arrests.

An attendee named Anie H. posted a YouTube video of event as a voiced blared over the loud speaker, asking people to leave the hotel or risk arrest.

“They are literally going to force us to leave the room,” Anie said as Las Vegas Metropolitan police entered from the back of the ballroom and moved to the front.

In the video, people can be seen yelling and waving their fists and signs in the air.

“This is getting creepy and weird and … wow,” she said. “So much for unity,” she said, as a man can be heard yelling, “Sit down!”

Another video shows a man lying on the floor near the front of the ballroom.

“Stay back,” a person yelled.

“We need a medic in the front! We need a medic in the front!” a woman shouted.

Anie H. posted another clip, which appears to have been taken on a cell phone.

“They’re threatening us with arrest if we do not leave the convention site right now,” she says.

“Bernie or bust!” a man shouted over the loud speaker.

“Everybody please leave out of here peacefully,” a man announced to attendees. “And I promise you, we will pursue any and all remedies available under the law. Please leave!”

Some listened and filed out of the room, while others just walked around.

“Shame on you Nevada Republican — oops — Democratic party,” Anie said.

One attendee tweeted a photo showing the police lining the front of the ballroom, referring to the officers as “brown shirts.”

The Sun reported that there was “palpable tension” among convention goers Saturday.

“I think this was of course the fault of the party,” Sanders supporter Angie Morelli told the paper. “We would’ve been able to do more democratic things, but the way they decided to do it messed us up.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/15/we-need-a-medic-violence-erupts-between-clinton-and-sanders-supporters-at-nv-democratic-convention/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2016, 09:51:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2016, 12:24:34 am »

Donald Trump calls Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' and says 'she's got as much Indian blood as me'

Cheesy Cheesy

Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump has continued his feud with Democrat Elizabeth Warren, calling her 'Pocahontas' in an attack on what he says is her false Native American ancestry.

The GOP candidate has been embroiled in a war of words with the Massachusetts senator over the past few weeks, since she was tipped to be under consideration for Democrat hopeful Hillary Clinton's VP spot.

Trump has lashed out as Warren's heritage on repeated occasions, finally referring to her as Pocahontas in an interview with the New York Times when asked about his Twitter war with the senator.

"You mean Pocahontas?" Trump asked, adding: "I think it's wonderful because the Indians can now partake in the future of the country. She's got about as much Indian blood as I have. Her whole life was based on a fraud. She got into Harvard and all that because she said she was a minority."

Warren reportedly listed herself as a minority during her time at university, and has been extensively criticised over her ancestry by Trump, who has also referred to her as 'goofy' in a series of tweets.

In 2012, it was established by 'exhaustive research' that the senator was 1/32 Cherokee, the New York Times reported, which would allow her tribal citizenship.

Warren has hit back at Trump's previous remarks, labelling the presidential hopeful 'reckless' and adding: "can't talk about Wall St, college costs or min wage, so he spent all day belching insults. Pathetic. Really pathetic."

However, Warren has not responded to Trump's latest jibe, which, much like his previous attacks on President Barack Obama in 2012, question heritage.

Trump repeatedly insisted the president had not been born in the US and was not a 'real' US citizen – an allegation he has levelled at Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada to an American mother, this year – and kept asking for a copy of his birth certificate.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-calls-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-says-shes-got-much-indian-blood-me-1560502
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2016, 06:09:40 am »

If you left personal attacks out of it and kept it on-topic, conservatives will always beat liberals in a debate about issues. Always.

Why doesn't Trump do that? Probably because he doesn't really know the issues that well and he's not a conservative. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/glenn-beck-on-radio-show-calls-for-assassination-of-donald-trump/

Glenn Beck & Author On Radio Show Call For The Assassination Of Donald Trump By A ‘Patriot’

Appearing on Beck’s radio program this morning, Thor said: "I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office, because you won’t be able to do it through Congress. " Beck responded, “I would agree with you on that.”

5/25/16

Talk radio host Glenn Beck and best-selling author Brad Thor believe the only way to get a President Trump out of office is for a “patriot” to apparently kill him

EDITOR’S NOTE: Glenn Beck is officially and categorically either demon possessed or clinically insane. On his radio show, he and Thor fantasized and war-gamed how Donald Trump might be ‘stopped’ once he became president. Obviously what they were doing was planting the idea of this heinous act into the minds of his listeners in hopes that one of them will carry it out. Donald Trump needs to file an IMMEDIATE restraining order against Glenn Beck, to prevent ALL contact either visual, verbal, or actual.

Appearing on Beck’s radio program this morning, Thor said:

I am about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer.

With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitution-mandated authority as president, I should say.

If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don’t think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office, because you won’t be able to do it through Congress.

Beck responded, “I would agree with you on that.”

Glenn Beck, you are one DEMENTED individual, seriously. Talk about a ‘fall from grace’, you went from highly respected with a huge following to rubbing your face in a bowl of Cheetos and calling for the assassination of the most popular GOP candidate since Reagan.

HERE IS THE ENTIRE CLIP FROM BECK’S SHOW TODAY:

Here it the full clip of Glenn Beck and Brad Thor calling for the destruction of Donald J. Trump by any means possible, including assassination.

Here is a sound nugget from this show:  To Donald Trump supporters “I say shame on you and to Hell with everyone of you Republicans”.

This is the interview that Beck says “this conversation is jam-packed with fascinating, inspiring and frightening language.”

Well, at least he was right about one thing, anyway…

Back in March on his radio program, Glenn Beck  fantasized about ‘stabbing Trump’ if he ever got the chance to do so:

During a monologue Friday about Donald Trump’s Thursday night debate performance, radio host Glenn Beck said that if he “had a knife, the stabbing just wouldn’t stop.”Beck’s co-host, Stu Burguiere, told The Daily Caller Friday — after this article’s publication — that, despite the appearance of a threat against Trump, Beck was instead playfully threatening to murder his own co-host. Beck began the segment by stating his amazement at how conservatives across the country aren’t up in arms over Trump’s debate behavior. Beck went on: “If I was close enough and had a knife, the stabbing just wouldn’t stop.”
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2016, 01:58:35 pm »

If you left personal attacks out of it and kept it on-topic, conservatives will always beat liberals in a debate about issues. Always.

Why doesn't Trump do that? Probably because he doesn't really know the issues that well and he's not a conservative. Wink

I fully support any and all attacks of any kind on Elizabeth "im a native american" Warren. She is a proven liar and fraud. She cheated out many real native americans in her scam to lie about who she is.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2016, 09:36:12 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »

SiriusXM Announces Suspension of Glenn Beck over Brad Thor Interview Comments - Breitbart
by Breitbart News31 May 20160

SiriusXM hosts Stephen K. Bannon and David Webb announced on Breitbart News Daily that SiriusXM has suspended Glenn Beck and Webb will temporarily take over Beck’s 9AM to noon Eastern time slot on SiriusXM’s Patriot Channel 125.

SiriusXM issued the following statement:

SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values.

The suspension is in response to the interview Beck did with fiction author Brad Thor last Wednesday, in which Thor likened the GOP’s presumptive nominee Donald Trump to a South American-style dictator who would cause an “extinction-level event” for the country if elected. Thor then declared that in such a case, Congress would not be able to remove Trump from office by “legal means” through impeachment, so Thor asked “what patriot will step up and do that” if Trump oversteps his Constitutional restraints. Beck agreed with Thor’s assessment.

Here is the exchange:

THOR: He is a danger to America and I got to ask you a question and this is serious and this could ring down incredible heat on me because I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer.

With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president.

If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don’t think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office because you won’t be able to do it through Congress.

BECK: I would agree with you on that and I don’t think you actually have the voices we’ve been talking about and we’ve been talking about this off-air for a while. I think the voices like ours go away. I don’t think we are allowed – especially if things, and I believe the economy is going to go to crap, even if Jesus was in office. It’s going to naturally reset. It has to.

Read the rest of the exchange here.

After receiving criticism for these comments from people who believed Thor and Beck were suggesting or at least implying assassination, Beck offered a lengthy defense of his statements. You can read the full transcript of his defense here.

Listen to Bannon and Webb’s announcement of the suspension below:

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/05/31/siriusxm-announces-suspension-glenn-beck-brad-thor-interview-comments/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2016, 01:53:55 pm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/conservative-christians-share-communion-with-trump/2016/06/01/a4ced936-280d-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html
Is the GOP losing its religion?
6/1/16

In American politics, where has God gone?

Of course this is an inadequate way of posing the question. God is always present for believers, even if the political workings of the divine can be hard to discern. And religious people continue to occupy points all along the spectrum. Just ask Hillary Clinton about her Methodism.

But especially among Republicans, religious issues have taken a back seat in the party’s discourse and religious leaders are playing a diminished role in the 2016 campaign.

This was not how things started. Many had the remarkable experience during the primaries of hearing Ted Cruz declare to his followers: “Awaken the body of Christ that we might pull back from the abyss.” You can’t get much more religious than that.

But Cruz failed to awaken and unite religious conservatives, a reason that Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee. The split this year among conservative evangelical Christians was profound.

On the one side were those, mainly Cruz supporters, still voting on abortion, same-sex marriage and other moral issues. On the other were those among the faithful so angry about the direction of the country and what they saw as the marginalization of conservative Christianity in public life that they opted for the strongman who could push back hard against their enemies.

Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, spoke for the second group. “Most Americans know we are in a mess,” Jeffress declared, “and as they look at Donald Trump, they believe he is the one leader who can reverse the downward death spiral of this nation we love so dearly.”

Jeffress reflects a profound pessimism among conservative Christians that contrasts sharply with the movement’s hopeful spirit in its Reagan Era heyday.

The current gloom grows out of an implicit awareness of the reality shrewdly captured in the forthcoming book “The End of White Christian America ” by my friend and colleague Robert Jones. Although conservative Christianity will remain important, the sheer force of demography means it will never again enjoy the public influence it once had.

And in imagining that Trump will somehow reverse the trend, Christian conservatives are taking a big risk. As he has on so much else, Trump has been entirely opportunistic in his approach to religion. By some measures, he’s running the most secular Republican campaign since the 1970s.

In the early primaries, particularly in Iowa and the South, Trump tried hard to identify with a constituency he knew would be key to his success. “I love the evangelicals,” Trump said. “Why do they love me? You’ll have to ask them — but they do.”

His efforts were often awkward. He mangled references to the Bible, referred to communion as “my little cracker” and once momentarily mistook the communion plate when it came around for the donation plate. But none of this seemed to matter.

He also was far-sighted. Long ago, he put some money where his political needs would be. As Betsy Woodruff reported last year for the Daily Beast, the Donald J. Trump Foundation contributed $100,000 in 2012 to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, and in 2013 gave $10,000 each to the Family Leader, an influential Iowa evangelical group, and to Samaritan’s Purse.

Franklin Graham, Billy Graham’s son, said nice things about Trump early on. But he took Trump to task in April when the candidate distanced himself from North Carolina’s law barring transgender people from using bathrooms that corresponded to their gender identity. Characteristically, Trump quickly walked the statement back and proclaimed himself a states’ rights advocate on the question.

Nonetheless, his initial signal on the North Carolina law marked a new phase in the campaign. As voting moved to Northeastern states with fewer evangelicals, Trump spoke much less about religion and his evangelical love affair. Among his winks to social moderates: praise for Planned Parenthood for having done “very good work for many, many — for millions of women.”

Trump’s comments on immigrants, political correctness and Muslims suggest he is far more anti-multicultural than he is pro-religion. He talks more about symbols and public icons than about faith or morals. “If I become president, we’re gonna be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ at every store,” he said last October. “The ‘Happy Holiday’ you can leave over there at the corner.”

It’s an empty promise, since no president could force “every store” in America to give a Christian greeting. But the fact that he chose to make the media-driven Christmas wars a centerpiece of his argument to Christians shows that his real engagement is with identity politics, not religion.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2016, 06:14:52 pm »

Bill Kristol Pushing David French (!) for President?

The neverending nightmare that is the presidential race for 2016 just got loonier.

Bill Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard and well-known TV pundit, has been desperately casting about for someone -- anyone -- to run as a third-party candidate to keep Donald Trump from the White House. He banked on Romney, who promptly crapped out. He evidently put out feelers to another prominent anti-Trumper, Senator Ben Sasse, who politely declined. Is Kristol surprised no GOP politician wants to commit political suicide by electing Hillary Clinton?

Principled as he believes this effort to be (Kristol seeing Trump as a cross between the devil and a Gorgon), his worry has become a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And it's getting harder to justify under any circumstances.

Bloomberg News is reporting that the man that Kristol believes would make a better president than Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is National Review writer and prominent GOP lawyer David French.

David French?

Don't get me wrong. French is a great writer and has a fine legal mind. He's a go-to guy when an important SCOTUS case comes down and you want all that legalese boiled down to the essentials.

But for all his gifts, French has no more the skill set to be president than a less than one-term Illinois senator who was elected in 2008. The fact that he's evidently a nice guy, polite, listens to people, and is a practical conservative hardly matters when you're across the table from Vladimir Putin.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/05/31/kristol-pushing-david-french-for-president/

Gets even better  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Poor Frenchie=> Renegade Party Candidate Distraught After Paul Ryan Endorses Trump

On Tuesday May 3rd, Donald Trump won the Republican nomination for president when Senator Ted Cruz dropped out of the race after the Indiana primary.

On Thursday May 5th, Paul Ryan told reporters he was not yet ready to endorse Donald Trump as the Republican nominee.

Paul Ryan ✔ @PRyan
I'll be voting for @realDonaldTrump this fall. I'm confident he will help turn the House GOP's agenda into laws. http://www.gazettextra.com/20160602/paul_ryan_says_he_will_vote_for_donald_trump
3:05 PM - 2 Jun 2016

Poor Frenchie…
This didn’t sit well with Renegade Party candidate David French.
The Bill Kristol third party expected candidate lashed out at the Republican party after Ryan’s endorsement.

David French @DavidAFrench
The leaders of the party that ended slavery now endorse a man who bullies women, lies habitually, and incites violence. My heart breaks.
4:41 PM - 2 Jun 2016

You just said you would vote for him if he won the nominee!!  Cheesy WHAT A MAROON

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/renegade-party-candidate-david-french-distraught-paul-ryan-endorses-trump/

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:18:28 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:19 pm »

BUSTED! Recruitment Method of Trump Protesters Uncovered!

The violent rioting that is escalating at every Trump campaign rally across the country is not just local people who are against Donald Trump.   Authorities have become aware that many protesters are traveling from one rally to the next, state to state.   They are being paid very well to do so, plus benefits.

Screenshots of printed ads from Craigslist can be seen below.   The ad reads: “We will pay $15.00 an hour plus travel (including room and board), clothing, flags, signs, etc. for individuals willing to disrupt Trump rallies throughout the US.”   The ad is dated June 3, 2016.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/busted-recruitment-method-of-trump-protesters-uncovered/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2016, 11:17:57 pm »

Sanders camp condemns ‘rush to judgment’ on Clinton nomination

Bernie Sanders’ campaign on Monday evening condemned the media for its “rush to judgment” in declaring Hillary Clinton the Democratic presidential nominee, saying superdelegates should not be automatically counted.

“It is unfortunate that the media, in a rush to judgment, are ignoring the Democratic National Committee’s clear statement that it is wrong to count the votes of superdelegates before they actually vote at the convention this summer,” Sanders’ spokesman Michael Briggs said.

Story Continued Below

The statement came after The Associated Press declared that Clinton had secured enough support to cross the threshold of 2,383 delegates needed to clinch the Democratic nomination.

Sanders has been adamant in recent days that he is ready to fight all the way to the Democratic National Convention in July, and that he will try to flip superdelegates to clinch the nomination.

However, the delegate math makes Sanders’ path to the nomination all but impossible.

Neither Clinton nor Sanders will likely be able to officially win the nomination without any superdelegate support, but Sanders faces a near-impossible task to overtake Clinton among pledged delegates.

He would need to win roughly two-thirds of the pledged delegates between Tuesday’s contests and next week’s primary in the District of Columbia — a massive jump from the roughly 46 percent of pledged delegates he’s won thus far — to pass Clinton.

Clinton expressed restraint on Monday night as she tries to rack up enough votes to secure symbolic victories on Tuesday night.

“We’re flattered, @AP, but we've got primaries to win. CA, MT, NM, ND, NJ, SD, vote tomorrow!” Clinton tweeted.

Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook also offered words of caution. “This is an important milestone, but there are six states that are voting Tuesday, with millions of people heading to the polls, and Hillary Clinton is working to earn every vote. We look forward to Tuesday night, when Hillary Clinton will clinch not only a win in the popular vote, but also the majority of pledged delegates,” Mook said in a statement.

And Briggs was adamant that the fight is not over.

“Our job from now until the convention is to convince those superdelegates that Bernie is by far the strongest candidate against Donald Trump,” he said in the statement.
THE POLITICO CAUCUS

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/sanders-clinton-nomination-223976
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2016, 04:22:15 am »

AP count: Clinton has delegates to win Democratic nomination

Striding into history, Hillary Clinton will become the first woman to top the presidential ticket of a major U.S. political party, capturing commitments Monday from the number of delegates needed to win the Democratic nomination.   

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/4c9c850385c84b12ad5b85fda49743f9/after-weekend-wins-clinton-cusp-democratic-nomination
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »

Donald Trump Is Correct To Hit ‘La Raza’ Judge For Latino Identity Politics

“This is one of the worst mistakes Trump has made. I think it’s inexcusable.”
Those words were spoken by Newt Gingrich – a man believed to be on Donald Trump’s Vice Presidential shortlist – during an interview on “Fox News Sunday.”

What mistake had the presumptive Republican nominee made that he earned the rebuke of an ally?

Trump had questioned the impartiality of a federal judge.

The controversy erupted when Trump told CNN’s Jake Tapper that Gonzalo Curiel – the judge in the Trump University class action lawsuit – might not give him a fair shake because of the judge’s connection to Mexican political activism. After critics bemoaned such an accusation as racism, Trump doubled down on “Face the Nation.”

“[Judge Curiel] is a member of a club or society, very strongly pro-Mexican, which is all fine,” Trump told CBS’s John Dickerson. “But I say he’s got bias.” The club Trump was referring to was La Raza Lawyers; an organization with the stated mission “to promote the interests of the Latino communities throughout the state.”

Translated, “la raza” means “the race.” Imagine the outcry if white attorneys from Mississippi, such as this author, started a a legal association called “The Race” with the stated mission to promote the interest of white, Southern communities. Hollywood stars and entertainers, such as Bryan Adams, would boycott the state in perpetuity.

Trump’s suggestion that a Hispanic judge may treat him unfairly because of Trump’s border security proposals, such as the wall, challenges the claim that liberal judges engaged in identity politics are never biased against non-liberals. And while Democrats were enraged by Trump’s challenge, Trump struck fear into the hearts of establishment Republicans not accustomed to challenging the politically correct code to which they have previously surrendered.

Hillary Clinton immediately launched a political advertisement. The ad claimed that Trump’s questioning of Judge Curiel’s impartiality was “the definition of racism.” It also incorporated the growing list of Republicans condemning Trump’s Curiel criticism.

“I don’t condone the comments,” Sen. Bob Corker, another potential Trump VP, said on ABC’s “This Week,” adding Trump is “going to have to change.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stated that he hoped Trump “will change direction” in dealing with Latinos.

But what exactly had Trump done wrong? How was it unreasonable to suggest that a judge belonging to a group pledging to advance Latino interests might be biased against the man who wants to build the wall that hinders the interests of Latino politicians?

Had we not just witnessed Latinos in San Jose throw eggs and sucker punches at Trump supporters, and wave the Mexican flag? Had not McConnell himself, by hoping Trump would change his standard rhetoric, conceded that liberal Latinos – of which Curiel belongs – viewed Trump’s proposals with animus?

If one listened to Hillary and her cabal of Republicans, Trump is a modern day version of Orval Faubus – the Arkansas governor who resisted court ordered integration of schools. But that conclusion is based on left-wing fan fiction that holds any time a white male questions a protected minority the motivation must be rooted in discriminatory animus.

Judge Curiel’s integrity is not being questioned by Trump just because of his Hispanic heritage. Trump is merely asserting that a person’s heritage does not foreclose a proper inquiry into their political activism and potential biases; he is suggesting that Curiel – a man who supports awarding an illegal alien a scholarship – might not view favorably a man who wants to deport the said scholarship recipient.

Recusal is a common theme when pro-choice advocates run up against pro-life judges. Recently, some scholars wanted Justice Antonin Scalia to recuse himself from McCullen v. Coakley; a case concerning abortion clinic buffer zones. But such requests are rarely viewed in a negative light.

The fact is seeking recusal – even if just discussing it – is a great way to preserve the integrity of the bench. Federal judges are appointed for life, unelected, and reviewed by other unelected judges. It is why Thomas Jefferson warned the federal bench could easily become a “despotism of an oligarchy.”

So why blast Trump for his Jeffersonian view of the judiciary? Democrats know Hillary is in trouble. They know the economic outlook is bleak and for almost 8 years the party has had no answers. It is why Hillary is making much ado about nothing and, frankly, the voters don’t care about the judicial politics of one class action lawsuit.

But this debate is not just about Trump or Trump University; it is about a politically correct double standard that permits liberals to use the faith of pro-life judges to boot them from a case, but calls questioning the ethnicity based activism of a liberal judge racism. And this is a concept the voters understand.

Liberals made Trump’s comments about race because they know a reasonable person might conclude Curiel’s activism creates the appearance of impropriety. The sad thing is Republicans, much like a battered spouse, are so accustomed to the politically correct abuse they accept it as the new normal.

By validating Hillary’s race card, Republican leaders have exhibited one of the worst examples of Stockholm syndrome. And when the dust settles, Newt will see that he and his fellow Republicans are the ones who made the “inexcusable” mistake.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/06/trumps-questioning-federal-judge-not-racist/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:01 pm »

Megyn Kelly Omits Key Portion of Brad Thor Audio to Defend Glenn Beck

While interviewing Glenn Beck about his suspension from SiriusXM, Fox News host Megyn Kelly omitted a crucial sentence in the audio of Beck’s interview with the author Brad Thor that led to the suspension.

SiriusXM suspended Beck last week over comments he made during an interview with Thor that the satellite radio company said “may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against” the Republican presumptive nominee Donald Trump.

On her Fox News show Monday night, Kelly played the audio of the Thor interview for Beck, but omitted Thor’s opening sentence which provided important context showing that the author recognized the danger and gravity of his words.

Below is a transcript of the remarks that led to Beck’s suspension. The bolded section is the sentence omitted by Kelly:

BRAD THOR: He is a danger to America and I got to ask you a question and this is serious and this could bring down incredible heat on me because I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer. With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his – his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president. If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don’t think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office because you won’t be able to do it through Congress.

GLENN BECK: I would agree with you on that and I don’t think you actually have the voices we’ve been talking about — we’ve been talking about this off-air for a while, I think the voices like ours go away.

Thor’s statement that he was “about to suggest something very bad” shows that this wasn’t typical speculation.

Kelly played the audio and displayed an on-screen graphic of the transcript – which makes her omission of the bolded opening sentence all the more glaring.

She then framed her follow-up question as more of a statement that cleared Beck of the charge that led to his suspension.

“Then in the wake of that, Glenn, you went on vacation, and SiriusXM suspend the show for a week, right? And what – you say that this is all a misunderstanding. Brad Thor was not – it was saying what patriot will step up if Trump oversteps his mandate as president. It wasn’t a death threat, which is how many people took it,” Kelly stated. (A quick survey of the coverage of Beck’s suspension finds no major news outlet describing this exchange as a “death threat.”)

Beck agreed with Kelly, noting that he was not contacted by Secret Service or law enforcement over these comments.

“Megyn, you’ve known me for a long time,” Beck said. “Have you ever heard any conservative that’s talked more about Gandhi and Martin Luther King and peace and love and no violence as the answer? Have you heard anyone say more about that than me in the last six years?”

“And in your defense, even your response to Brad did not express some, what are you — you know–” Kelly interjected.

Beck then restated his claim that Thor’s comments actually evoked for him an image of Jimmy Stewart in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” rather than an allusion to the assassination of Trump, who Beck has repeatedly compared to Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

However, despite his claim that his discussion with Thor was not about assassination, Beck offered Kelly this hypothetical: “Let’s take Donald Trump out of this and let’s make it Barack Obama. If Barack Obama — many conservatives had this very conversation, ‘Glenn,’ — and I always thought it was crazy – ‘Glenn, what if he suspended the next election and stayed in?’”

Kelly finished his thought by adding, “The question is who will hold him accountable.”

But then just to clarify, Kelly said to Beck, “But just for the record, and you’ve talked to Brad as well, neither one of you was suggesting that there should be an assassination or an attempt on Donald Trump’s life because people don’t want to hear – even people who hate Trump — don’t want to hear that, and I know you don’t want to hear that.”

Beck replied, “I don’t want to hear that, and that’s why for six years I’ve been saying violence is coming on the streets. The violence will be there because anger is going to be — I actually expect it on the left, and I’ve been saying to people for the longest time Martin Luther King was right, no violence. To expect that I had somebody on my show that I wouldn’t call on the carpet or that I would agree with a theory like that is absolutely nuts.”

Kelly agreed with him, adding, “In my own experience, you have a history of standing up for the weak and condemning that kind of thing.”

Kelly’s approach to this issue is in marked contrast to her colleague Bill O’Reilly, who criticized Thor’s comments because such rhetoric “incites violence in the minds of some crazy people.”

O’Reilly, who wrote a bestselling book called Killing Reagan about the mentally unstable John Hinckley’s attempted assassination of President Reagan, said, “That incites violence in the minds of some crazy people. Believe me, I know about it, Killing Reagan with Hinckley. I know how these people get incited. And you have got to be very careful.”

Fox News did not respond to a request for comment on the reason for Kelly’s omission of Thor’s opening sentence.

Watch the full segment of Kelly’s interview with Beck above.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/06/07/megyn-kelly-omits-key-brad-thor-audio-to-defend-glenn-beck/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 08, 2016, 11:37:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2016, 07:05:27 pm »

DEMOCRATS ARE BUILDING A WALL TO KEEP OUT AMERICAN CITIZENS AT 2016 DNC CONVENTION

Security at the Sports Complex during the Democratic National Convention next month will include “no-scale fencing” to enclose the Wells Fargo Center and Xfinity Live!, the Secret Service special agent in charge said in an interview Thursday.

WELLS FARGO CENTER, XFINITY LIVE! TO BE INSIDE DNC SECURITY PERIMETER

EDITOR’S NOTE: When Donald Trump said that as president he would build a wall to keep out illegal aliens, the liberal Democrats went crazy. So how ironic is it that now, while preparing for their convention in Philadelphia, they have decided to build a wall to keep out…other Americans.

Security at the Sports Complex during the Democratic National Convention next month will include “no-scale fencing” to enclose the Wells Fargo Center and Xfinity Live!, the Secret Service special agent in charge said in an interview Thursday.

But exact boundaries of the security perimeter around the sports arena, where the convention will take place July 25-28, are not yet finalized, Special Agent James Henry told NBC10.com.

“WE’RE NOT QUITE THERE TO TALK ABOUT THE PERIMETER YET,” HENRY SAID. “WE’RE PROBABLY A COUPLE WEEKS AWAY FROM FINALIZING THAT. BUT EXPECT SOME CLOSURES.”

For the second time in less than a year, Philadelphia is playing host to an event that brings with it the designation of National Special Security Event (NSSE). Last year’s papal visit was hailed a success in the days and weeks after Pope Francis came to the city for a historic weekend. But it caused months of angst leading up to the event. Much of the unease settled around what became the planned shutdown of Center City to vehicle traffic.

Henry cautioned that the DNC is very different from the papal visit last September.

“This is not the papal visit. This is much smaller in scope and much smaller in scale. So the security footprint is going to be much smaller,” Henry said. “The impacts are really minimal. We’re fortunate the sports complex is more isolated, certainly than the papal visit in Center City.”

He noted that parts of South Broad Street, Pattison Avenue, and North 11th Street surrounding the Sports Complex will be intermittently closed during the DNC, and that ramps to and from Interstate 95 may close for short periods of time as well.

Planning for the DNC began shortly after Pope Francis left town, he said.

More than 20 subcommittees are examining, among other things, infrastructure, transportation, security, and crowd management, and involve dozens of government agencies.

Henry, who was the Secret Service’s second-in-command for the papal visit, said he could not speculate about the size of protests in the area surrounding the Wells Fargo Center.

FDR Park, which is across South Broad Street from the arena, has been designated a protest zone by the city. Pro-Bernie Sanders protesters have secured permits to demonstrate from Sunday through Thursday of the DNC week. In applying for those permits, protest organizers estimated up to 30,000 people could take part.

“We don’t generally give estimates or speculate on how many people are going to show up for a particular protest. That’s not what we do,” Henry said.

FDR Park will be outside of the security perimeter, Henry said, but he added that without going into specifics yet “the perimeter will not be any bigger than it needs to be.”

“It’s still in a little bit of flux,” he said. “Not unlike the papal visit, the perimeter was in a state of flux for, really, up until a couple weeks, if not even closer, to the event, before it was firmed up.” source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/democrats-building-wall-keep-american-citizens-2016-dnc-convention/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2016, 01:51:43 am »

Make no mistake...this is only going to paint more sympathetic light on the sodomy agenda...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-embraces-gays-gives-202629519.html
Donald Trump Embraces Gays and Gives Muslims the Middle Finger in Speech on Orlando
6/13/16

Donald Trump charged into a muscular defense of his proposed immigration policy — including barring non-U.S. Muslims from entering the country — in a speech that quickly shifted from tones of mourning for the victims of Sunday's Orlando, Florida, nightclub shooting to an indictment of Islamic terrorism and his likely opponent in November, presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

"If we don't get tough and if we don't get smart and fast, we're not going to have our country anymore. There will be nothing, absolutely nothing left," Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee said. "We have no choice."

Trump began his remarks at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire with a softer tone, calling the carnage at the Pulse club "a very dark moment in America's history" and requesting a moment of silence for the victims.

In a prepared speech off which he riffed rather than read, Trump also sought to position himself — versus Clinton — as the greatest defender of gays and lesbians, as he had, to much scorn given his track record, as the stronger champion of women.

"A radical Islamic terrorist targeted the nightclub, not only because he wanted to kill Americans, but in order to execute gay and lesbian citizens because of their sexual orientation," Trump said.

"It's a strike at the heart and soul of who we are as a nation. it's an assault on the ability of free people to live their lives, love who they want and express their identity. It's an attack on the right of every single American to live in peace and safety in their own country."

A hard line: He started tweeting shortly after news of the slayings broke — and came under fire for taking an "I-told-you-so" approach to the tragedy.

His moderate tone Monday lasted just minutes before he tore deeply into current immigration and anti-terror policy, and assailed a potential Clinton administration as a political correctness-fueled disaster for national security.

"We have a dysfunctional immigration system," Trump insisted. "What I want is common sense. I want a mainstream immigration policy that promotes American values."

Having denounced "radical Islam" as a font of anti-woman, anti-gay and anti-American hatred, Trump demanded to know why Clinton would support what he called a torrent of immigration by people who espouse such views.

"Who is really the friend of women and the LGBT community? Donald Trump with actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?" Trump asked, saying he believed the former would be proven LGBT Americans' best ally — "big league."

During one of his repeated sallies against Clinton and her party, Trump remarked:

"The burden is on Hillary Clinton to tell us why she believes immigration from these dangerous countries should be increased without any effective system to really to screen. We are not screening people... The burden is on Hillary Clinton to tell us why we should admit anyone into our country who supports violence of any kind against gay and lesbian Americans. the burden is on Hillary Clinton to tell us how she will pay for it."

Speaking earlier in Ohio, Clinton called the aftermath of the Pulse murders no time for politics.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:06 am »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283330-former-gop-senator-endorses-clinton-after-orlando-shooting
June 13, 2016, 05:43 pm
Former GOP senator endorses Clinton after Orlando shooting

A former Republican senator is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president after the mass shooting in Orlando, citing her support for gun control.

Former Sen. Larry Pressler (R-S.D.) called for universal background checks on all gun sales and an assault weapons ban Monday in the wake of the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

“I can’t believe I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton for president, but I am,” said Pressler, who spoke with The Hill on Monday after endorsing Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, in a statement issued over the weekend.

“This morning, I woke up and told my wife, ‘Did I really do that?’ ” he said. "But I did.

“If someone had told me 10 years ago I would do this, I wouldn’t have believed them."

Pressler, a moderate Republican who served three terms in the Senate before losing his seat to Democrat Tim Johnson in 1997, said he believes voting for Clinton is the “responsible thing to do.”

He said he feels disenfranchised by Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, and modern-day congressional Republicans who have opposed efforts to expand background checks for gun sales.

“We need to go the route of more gun control as a result of Orlando and all the other shootings that have occurred,” Pressler said. “But it’s almost as though Republicans are saying gun control shouldn’t be part of the conversation at all."

But gun control isn’t the only reason why Pressler is ready to join “Republicans for Clinton” — he’s also concerned about Trump’s rhetoric on Muslims.

“This election is starting to sound like the German elections in [the late 1920s],” Pressler said. “This is a very dangerous national conversation we’re slipping into.”

Pressler, a Mormon Sunday school teacher, said he understands all too well the dangers of singling out a particular religious group.

In 1838, Missouri Gov. Lilburn Boggs ordered Mormons to be killed, which forced many to leave the state before eventually resettling in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Trump makes “Mormons very nervous,” Pressler said.

"Mormons are the only religious group besides the Jews who have been ordered by the government to be extinguished, killed,” he said.

“The worst thing is for Republicans to be silent,” Pressler added. “A lot of Republicans are just saying, ‘I’ll sit it out, I won’t vote.’ Or, ‘I’ll vote for a third-party candidate.’ But if they don’t vote, they are giving more power to dark forces.”

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2016, 10:14:43 pm »

Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% Of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Crown Prince Claims

READ THAT AGAIN!

In what may be the pinnacle of hypocrisy, moments ago Hillary Clinton, while speaking live on national security and addressing the Orlando shooting took some time from her constant bashing of the Second Amendment and calling for a ban on assault rifles, to say some less than kind words about Saudi Arabia whom it accused of supporting radical organizations. This is what she said:

The third area that demands attention is preventing radicalization and countering efforts by ISIS and other international terrorist networks to recruit in the United States and Europe. For starters, it is long past time for the Saudis, the Qataris and the Kuwaitis and others to stop their citizens from funding extremist organizations. And they should stop supporting radical schools and mosques around the world that have set too many young people on a path towards extremism. We also have to use all our capabilities to counter jihadist propaganda online. This is something that I spend a lot of time on at the State Department.

There is nothing wrong with that statement, as it is the whole truth - Saudi Arabia's involvement in supporting terrorism stretches from Sept 11 all the way through to ISIS - however, where there  is a big, and potentially law-breaking,  problem is what Jordan's official news agency, Petra News Agency, reported on Sunday citing the Saudi crown price, namely that Saudi Arabia is a major funder of Hillary Clinton’s campaign to become the next president of the United States.

As MEE notes, the Petra News Agency published on Sunday what it described as exclusive comments from Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman which included a claim that Riyadh has provided 20 percent of the total funding to the prospective Democratic candidate's campaign.

The report was later deleted and the news agency has not responded to requests for comment from Middle East Eye. However, the deletion took place too late, as the Washington-based Institute for Gulf Affairs managed to capture the report and has re-published the original Arabic Petra report, which quoted Prince Mohammed as having said Saudi Arabia had provided with “full enthusiasm” an undisclosed amount of money to Clinton.

The pdf of the report is shown below:

Below is a screenshot of the English report published, and then quickly deleted, by the Petra News Agency:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2016, 04:43:07 am »

Secret Conservative Dinner Held to Plan Resurgence of Cruz’s Presidential Prospects

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a former contender for the Republican presidential nomination, attended a dinner with more than 20 leading conservatives to flesh out his comeback as a movement standard-bearer in the order of Ronald Reagan.

The dinner, reported by The Hill, was held at the Virginia home of conservative activist Brent Bozell, founder of the Media Research Center, and was intended to discuss the future of the senator’s political career.

Many at the dinner equated Cruz’s position in the Republican Party to that of Reagan, who lost his initial bid for the Republican nomination in 1976 but soared to the top in 1980. Similarly, many conservative figures see an encouraging opportunity for Cruz in 2020.

One of the specific purposes of the meeting was to determine how best to position Cruz for a future presidential campaign and how best to steer the conservative movement from his seat in the Senate chambers.

Dining with Cruz and his chief of staff Paul Teller were some of the senior-most leaders of the conservative movement.

After a long-suffering campaign, Cruz ceded the primary contest to now-presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump. The Texas lawmaker has not yet endorsed the billionaire businessman, but has pledged to use his leverage at the GOP Convention in July to ensure “Judeo-Christian principles” remain on the party’s platform.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/15/secret-conservative-dinner-held-to-plan-resurgence-of-cruzs-presidential-prospects/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2016, 03:33:42 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-says-americans-lose-000000033.html
Paul Ryan says American freedoms at risk in separation-of-powers debate with Trump
6/16/16

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., issued a stern warning Thursday about the rhetoric coming from Donald Trump about the way government should work.

“We will lose our freedoms in this country, including all of the Bill of Rights, if we don’t robustly defend the separation of powers,” Ryan said at his weekly press conference inside the U.S. Capitol.

Ryan was asked by reporters numerous times about Trump’s recent conduct. Just this week, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee questioned whether President Obama actually wants to stop terrorist attacks, accused many American Muslims of sheltering terrorists and said he could act unilaterally as president to prevent any type or class of people from entering the country. Trump made the last claim despite the fact that Article I, Section 8, clause 4 of the Constitution entrusts Congress with the power to “establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.”

And on Wednesday night in Atlanta, Trump issued a rebuke to Republican leaders like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Ryan, who leads the lower chamber of Congress, and the many others who have criticized Trump over the past days and weeks for a merry-go-round of offensive, controversial and erroneous statements.

“Our leaders have to get a lot tougher, and be quiet. Just please be quiet,” Trump said. “Don’t talk. Please, be quiet. Just be quiet, to the leaders, because they have to get tougher, they have to get sharper, they have to get smarter, and we have to have our Republicans either stick together or let me just do it by myself.”

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2016, 07:57:12 am »

http://theweek.com/speedreads/630826/donald-trump-argues-hes-better-lgbt-rights-than-hillary-clinton-clinton-responds-word
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2016, 05:53:31 pm »

PAUL RYAN Vows to Stop TRUMP’S Muslim Ban: “We’ll Sue Him!” (VIDEO)

Jun 17th, 2016 11:53 am by Jim Hoft

Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan vowed today to stop Donald Trump’s proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration to the United

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/paul-ryan-vows-stop-trumps-muslim-ban-well-sue/

woops  Cheesy

Plurality of Likely Voters Now Agree With TRUMP – Support Temporary Muslim Ban in US

Jun 17th, 2016 12:10 pm by Jim Hoft

Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan vowed today to stop Donald Trump’s proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration to the United ...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/plurality-likely-voters-now-agree-trump-support-temporary-muslim-ban-us/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:12 am »

Bryan preached this 4 years ago at his old PA home church - this is WELL WORTH to listen to again!

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2016, 09:28:02 am »

FYI, I posted this on another message forum I frequent 2 years ago. Maybe it means nothing, I don't know - but nonetheless, nothing is a coincidence (and this year's NBA Finals ended very strangely).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/james-return-cleveland-could-complicate-gop-173429632--politics.html?ref=gs
James' return to Cleveland could complicate GOP
7/11/14

WASHINGTON (AP) — Celebrations aside, LeBron James' decision to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA could complicate the Republican Party's plan to nominate its presidential contender on Lake Erie's shores in 2016.

If James leads his team into post-season play then, the GOP could find its preferred June 28 start date for the convention impossible because of the site conflict. Convention planners typically take weeks to customize the space with lights, seats and the traditional balloon drop from the rafters — impossible tasks if the Cavaliers go into post-season play.

**FYI, the GOP convention next month is only one week before the Democratic convention (the latter in PA) - first time I've seen it happen. Otherwise, they're always a month apart from each other.

That leaves Republicans looking at their backup date of July 18, still earlier than parties typically nominate their presidential hopeful in recent years, but later than RNC chief Reince Priebus preferred.

"All options remain on the table as we're still very early on in the negotiation process," RNC spokeswoman Kirsten Kukowski said. "We're excited about Cleveland, and LeBron's return is further evidence that it's a city on the rise."

Priebus insisted his party's convention be scheduled for early summer 2016, roughly two months sooner than has become the norm. That would give the GOP's next presidential nominee quicker access to tens of millions of dollars in general election cash.

"The candidate can be broke, but they're not able to raise general election money until the convention is held," Priebus said earlier this week.

But James' return to the Cavaliers from the Miami Heat could complicate that timeline and perhaps Republican efforts to win the White House. Teams with James have made it to the league finals in five of the last eight seasons, and his move to Cleveland is unlikely to reverse that trend.

Cleveland on Tuesday won the unanimous backing of a RNC panel, all but guaranteeing the GOP's 2016 presidential pick will accept the party's nomination in perennially hard-fought Ohio. RNC lawyers are now in negotiations with Cleveland's organizing committee over the exact terms of the bid, including how many weeks of early and exclusive access Republicans can expect in the Cavaliers' arena.

If the RNC insists on its preferred date and weeks of early access to hang balloons and bunting, the Cavaliers could be forced to look at other venues for post-season play. Ohio State University's basketball arena in Columbus is one such option.

The full 168-member RNC is expected to finalize the deal next month.

Ohio's allure as a political prize proved tempting. The last candidate to win the White House without Ohio was John F. Kennedy, a Democrat, in 1960.

During the 2012 presidential race, President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney made Ohio a central piece of their strategies. Combined, they spent $150 million on television ads and were frequent visitors to the state, which narrowly broke in Obama's favor.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:35:48 am by 2nd Samuel 22:17 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2016, 09:32:44 am »

^^

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavaliers-stun-warriors-clinch-nba-title-024047042--nba.html
Cavaliers stun Warriors to clinch NBA title
6/19/16

OAKLAND, Calif. (Reuters) - LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Golden State Warriors 93-89 in Game Seven on Sunday to win their first NBA championship and complete a remarkable comeback unlike any seen before.

With the victory over the top-seeded defending champions, the Cavaliers became the first team to rally from a 3-1 series deficit in the best-of-seven NBA Finals and win the title.

The win also ends decades of heartbreak for the city of Cleveland, which had not won a professional sports championship since the 1964 Cleveland Browns of the National Football League.

For James, who dropped to the court in tears after the final buzzer, the win not only marks his third championship following a pair of wins with the Miami Heat in 2012 and 2013, but it fulfills his promise to deliver a title to his home state.

Facing elimination in each of their previous two games, James carried the Cavs back from the brink as they became only the third team to force a Game Seven after falling behind 3-1 in the championship round.

For the Warriors, who had a record 73 wins during the 82-game regular season, Sunday's defeat marked the first time since November 2013 that they have lost three consecutive games.

The Warriors were in complete control of the series but were ultimately undone by the disappearance of their high-octane offense, a one-game ban to defensive stalwart Draymond Green, a season-ending injury to rim-protecting center Andrew Bogut and defensive specialist Andre Iguodala dealing with a balky back.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2016, 06:30:03 pm »

Police: Man Tried to Kill Donald Trump at Vegas Rally

A federal officer says a man arrested at a Donald Trump rally in Las Vegas told authorities he tried to grab an officer’s gun so he could kill the candidate.
A complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Nevada charges Michael Steven Sandford with an act of violence on restricted grounds.

It cites a report by Special Agent Swierkowski, whose first name was not included, saying Sandford told officers he drove from California to kill Trump and went to a Las Vegas gun range the day before to learn to shoot.

Sandford later went to a Trump rally at the Treasure Island Casino and approached a Las Vegas police officer to say he wanted an autograph from Trump.

The report says Sandford was arrested after grabbing the handle of an officer’s gun in an attempt to remove it.

It wasn’t immediately clear if he had an attorney. Las Vegas police say Sandford is 19.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/20/police-man-tried-kill-donald-trump-vegas-rally/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: