End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:31:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny 2016 Election stuff or not so funny  (Read 54101 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 25, 2016, 04:44:44 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/colin-powell-hillary-clinton-endorsement/index.html
10/25/16
Colin Powell says he's voting for Clinton

(CNN)Former Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell said Tuesday he'll vote for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, a high-profile snub of his party's standard-bearer, Donald Trump.

Powell, who also served in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, backed President Barack Obama in both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns. He announced his plan to a Long Island group during a luncheon.

The announcement was confirmed by Powell's chief of staff, Peggy Cifrino.

Aides informed Clinton of Powell's support after her early-voting rally Tuesday afternoon in Florida. She is grateful for his support, one aide said.

The former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has had tough words for both major party candidates.

Hacked emails released in September showed Powell strongly condemning Trump, labeling him a "national disgrace and an international pariah."

At the time, an aide to Powell said the emails were "accurate" but declined further comment.

Powell and Clinton, meanwhile, have had an at-times difficult relationship. He repeatedly pushed back against reports over the summer suggesting that he might have given Clinton the idea to use a private email account as secretary of state, telling media outlets in August that "her people are trying to pin it on me."

Despite Powell's support for the Democratic presidential nominee in the last three cycles, he insisted in September 2015 that he was still a Republican.

"I'm still a Republican because I believe in a strong defense, because I believe in the entrepreneurial spirit that is so typical of the Republican Party in the past," Powell said at the time.

"But," he continued, "I'm having difficulty with the party now."

Clinton has earned the support of other high-profile Republicans, including former Sen. Larry Pressler, Sally Bradshaw (who was a senior adviser on Jeb Bush's campaign) and Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman and ex-Reagan political director Frank Lavin.

And according to sources, George H.W. Bush said he will vote for Clinton.

CNN's Jeff Zeleny contributed to this report.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:49 am »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fearing-election-day-trouble-some-us-schools-cancel-classes/ar-AAjnWnW?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Fearing Election Day trouble, some US schools cancel classes
10/25/16

FALMOUTH, Maine — Rigged elections. Vigilante observers. Angry voters. The claims, threats and passions surrounding the presidential race have led communities around the U.S. to move polling places out of schools or cancel classes on Election Day.

The fear is that the ugly rhetoric of the campaign could escalate into confrontations and even violence in school hallways, endangering students.

"If anybody can sit there and say they don't think this is a contentious election, then they aren't paying much attention," said Ed Tolan, police chief in this seaside community, which decided to call off classes on Election Day and put additional officers on duty Nov. 8.

School officials already are on edge because of the shootings and threats that have become all too common. They point to the recent firebombing of a Republican Party office in one North Carolina county and the shooting-up of another with a BB gun as the type of trouble they fear on Election Day.

Some of those anxieties have been stoked by Donald Trump's repeated claims that the election is rigged and his appeal to his supporters to stand guard against fraud at the polls. Some are worried about clashes between the self-appointed observers and voters.

Parent Alpay Balkir said he is glad children will be home. His 8-year-old son is a student in Falmouth, where the high school doubles as a polling place.

"If it's going to be as chaotic as they say it's going to be, it's a good thing. Kids should stay out of it," Balkir said. "I don't know what the environment is going to be like."

Schools are popular polling places because they have plenty of parking and are usually centrally located. It's difficult to say how many school-based polling places have been moved this year, given how decentralized the voting process is across the country.

But state and local officials say voting has been removed or classes canceled on Election Day at schools in Illinois, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and elsewhere.

"There is a concern, just like at a concert, sporting event or other public gathering that we didn't have 15 or 20 years ago. What if someone walks in a polling location with a backpack bomb or something?" said Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, co-chairman of the National Association of Secretaries of State election committee. "If that happens at a school, then that's certainly concerning."

Despite the concerns, the National Association of Secretaries of State does not advocate having armed guards or police stationed at the polls because their presence could intimidate voters.

Some of the pressure to close schools on Election Day or move voting is coming from parents. Sara Andriotis, a mother in the Easton, Pennsylvania, area, pushed for voting to be taken out of local schools.

"We were mostly concerned because of the risk that it puts our children in," she said.

Easton Superintendent John Reinhart wanted to get voting out of schools altogether but was rebuffed by county election officials. So the school board canceled classes on Election Day.

"If you take the personalities away and cast the emotion with the election aside, one has to ask the question: 'Are our schools the best places for that activity to take place?'" he said. "I just think we've reached the point where we need to look at other locations."

That's happening in Hall County, Nebraska, which got out ahead of the trend in May when it moved six polling places out of schools for a primary. Those changes will remain in place next month. Voting will be held at three churches and one community center.

Election officials elsewhere say that schools are vital places for voting and that removing them as polling places creates logistical headaches and voter confusion.

"We wouldn't be able to conduct voting without them," said Pam Anderson, executive director of the Colorado County Clerks Association. She said voting in schools has not generally been a concern in Colorado but acknowledged there is likely to be more security this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 27, 2016, 11:35:12 am »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/beneath-cheers-at-donald-trump%E2%80%99s-rallies-dark-fears-take-hold/ar-AAjsiMQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Beneath Cheers at Donald Trump’s Rallies, Dark Fears Take Hold
10/27/16

COLORADO SPRINGS — Big crowds still mob Donald J. Trump when he comes to town, with fans waiting in long lines to attend his rallies, where they eagerly jeer his Democratic rival and holler happily at his message.

But beneath the cheering, a new emotion is taking hold among some Trump supporters as they grapple with reports predicting that he will lose the election: a dark fear about what will happen if their candidate is denied the White House. Some worry that they will be forgotten, along with their concerns and frustrations. Others believe the nation may be headed for violent conflict.

Jared Halbrook, 25, of Green Bay, Wis., said that if Mr. Trump lost to Hillary Clinton, which he worried would happen through a stolen election, it could lead to “another Revolutionary War.”

“People are going to march on the capitols,” said Mr. Halbrook, who works at a call center. “They’re going to do whatever needs to be done to get her out of office, because she does not belong there.”

“If push comes to shove,” he added, and Mrs. Clinton “has to go by any means necessary, it will be done.”

Interviews with more than 50 Trump supporters at campaign events in six states over the past week revealed a distinct change from the rollicking mood earlier this year, when Mr. Trump’s surprising primary successes and emergence as an unconventional Republican standard-bearer set off broad excitement. The crowds appeared on edge and quick to lash out.

And while some voters emphatically disputed polls suggesting that Mrs. Clinton would win, others offered an apocalyptic vision of what life would be like if she did.

“It’s not what I’m going to do, but I’m scared that the country is going to go into a riot,” said Roger Pillath, 75, a retired teacher from Coleman, Wis. “I’ve never seen the country so divided, just black and white — there’s no compromise whatsoever. The Clinton campaign says together we are stronger, but there’s no together. The country has never been so divided. I’m looking at revolution right now.”

Julie Olson, a rancher who showed up for a Trump rally in Colorado Springs, said that she and her husband had been through rough economic times in recent years, and that a Trump loss would only worsen their burdens.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 28, 2016, 08:54:11 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 31, 2016, 02:57:22 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/trump-voting-for-bush-on-imus/index.html
10/31/16
Trump said in 2005 that he voted for George W. Bush. In 2009, he claimed he never did

(CNN)In a 2009 radio interview with Don Imus uncovered by CNN's KFile, Donald Trump claimed he did not vote for President George W. Bush. Four years earlier, in an interview on Fox News following the 2004 presidential election, Trump said the exact opposite: that he did vote Bush despite his opposition to the Iraq War.

As recently as January of this year, Trump said he voted for Bush in both the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections.

Speaking with Imus in February 2009, Trump said, "You know how I feel about Bush, and I think you got to feel that way, also."

"I never voted for him," responded Imus. "I never voted for him, Donald."

"You're good, then. I didn't either, by the way," Trump said, "You're good. I just thought that guy was a dimwit. You looked at it, and he just didn't look like he was all there."

"You could ring that doorbell, and nobody was going to answer that door," says Imus.

"You look at his eyes, I mean he'd make a speech and you'd look at him and you'd say, 'Does he even know what he's reading?' This guy, he was a horrible president," said Trump.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 31, 2016, 04:11:13 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/trump-on-imus-praising-democrats/index.html
10/31/16
Trump showered the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, and Democrats with praise in Imus interviews

(CNN)In several appearances on Don Imus's radio program reviewed by CNN's KFile, Donald Trump praised Hillary Clinton as a "really terrific woman," said Nancy Pelosi was going to do "terrific" as speaker of the House, and offered kind words for Bill Clinton, Charlie Rangel, and the Democratic Party.

Trump has said throughout his 2016 campaign that his prior praise and financial contributions to Democrats were part of his obligation as a businessman to get along with both sides of the aisle. "I was a businessman and it was my obligation to get along with everybody, including the Clintons, including Democrats and liberals and Republicans and conservatives," Trump said on Fox News in January.

But his effusive past praise for Clinton has repeatedly popped up during the election season. In a 2008 interview with NY1 unearthed by CNN's KFile earlier this month, Trump said of Clinton, "I think she is going to go down at a minimum as a great senator. I think she is a great wife to a president. And I think Bill Clinton was a great president."

CNN's KFILE obtained several episodes of "Imus in the Morning" from the 2000s by requesting them from a fan who archived old episodes. A January 2007 episode was available for download through the Web Archive.

On Hillary Clinton:
In an April 2007 appearance on Imus's show, Trump called Clinton a "terrific woman" and discussed her wanting to appear on Imus.

"As you know, I mentioned that Hillary wanted to really get on your show," said Trump. "She has a lot of respect for you, but it doesn't seem to be reciprocal. She's a terrific woman. She'd do your show gladly, but you don't seem to want, according to Bernard and according to watching you, you don't seem to want her on the show."

"Well, they screwed me," said Imus. "Here's what happened. Ten years ago, when they asked me to speak at that correspondence dinner, I did. They acted like they were all offended. You know? What I said was absolutely true. He was right in the midst of getting the bj's from the fat girl in the oval office. She was playing three card monte with the billing records. They got all bent out of shape and tried to pretend it wasn't funny. It wound up getting me on the cover of TIME Magazine and Newsweek..."

Imus roasted the Clintons at the 1996 the Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner in a speech so brutal a letter of apology was sent to the Clintons from the association. Imus said he blamed the Clintons for much of the blowback to his speech.

After a back and forth on the dinner, Trump said if he were Clinton he wouldn't want to go on Imus' show.

"If I were Hillary, and she really is a terrific woman, if I were Hillary, I wouldn't want any part of you," Trump said.

On Bill Clinton:
In a February 2014 appearance, Trump said there was nothing not to like about Bill Clinton.

"I watched Bill Clinton yesterday give a little speech, and people do like Bill Clinton. There's no question about it," Trump said. "I play golf with him and I like him. I mean, what's not to like?"

"Yeah, there's nothing not to like," said Imus. "You're absolutely right."

On Nancy Pelosi, Democrats, and Charlie Rangel:
In a January 2007 interview after the Democrats won the 2006 midterms election in landslide, Trump praised Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Charlie Rangel. He also expressed his high hopes for a Democrat-controlled Congress.

"I know Nancy Pelosi," Trump said. "I actually got to meet her through a great friend of mine, and really a great man, Charlie Rangel. Charlie introduced me to her. I got to like her a lot. I've been with her a little bit. I think she's going to be terrific. I think Charlie and the Democrats, I think they're going to do a very good job. I think that slowly they're going to squeeze them out of this war."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 01, 2016, 11:52:39 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/opinions/women-evangelicals-in-election-2016-nance-young/index.html
11/1/16
Opinion: How evangelical women will vote in 2016

CNN)Left-leaning friends, and especially members of the Washington media elite, are confused by evangelical women's views on Donald Trump. They might be surprised to learn that evangelical women "do" nuance more than they give us credit for.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of attending the homecoming celebrations for my alma mater, Liberty University. It was a wonderful opportunity to speak with evangelical women from around the nation. Predictably, this year's presidential election was widely discussed, and I walked away with several impressions.

There seem to be three camps among evangelical women at this point in the campaign.

There are those in the camp of respected author Beth Moore, who have had enough and simply refuse to vote for Trump. "I'm one among many women sexually abused, misused, stared down, heckled, talked naughty to. Like we liked it. We didn't. We're tired of it," Moore tweeted this month.

I'm one among many women sexually abused, misused, stared down, heckled, talked naughty to. Like we liked it. We didn't. We're tired of it.
    — Beth Moore (@BethMooreLPM) October 9, 2016

She also had a word about evangelical leaders still supporting Trump: "Try to absorb how acceptable the disesteem and objectifying of women has been when some Christian leaders don't think it's that big a deal."

However, many of these same women on Team Moore will also quickly tell you that they won't vote for Hillary Clinton and they will be voting Republican in the down-ballot races. These ladies are counting on the House and hopefully the Senate to act as a backstop to Clinton's effort to reverse the Hyde Amendment and other nefarious policies.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »

Mat 16:4  A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

The rapture of the body of Christ is an imminent event where NO MAN knoweth the day nor hour. Grider is WAY off. With that being said, yes, I believe the rapture could likely happen sooner than we think, so please don't nap!

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/donald-trump-will-70-years-7-months-7-days-old-first-full-day-office-president/
Donald Trump Will Be 70 Years, 7 Months And 7 Days Old On First Full Day In Office As President

On May 14, 2018, Israel will have been officially regathered, in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, for exactly 70 years. In 70 AD, Israel was destroyed by the Romans and the Temple stones toppled to the ground exactly as Jesus said it would happen. When you subtract 70 AD from 2018 AD, where does that leave you? It leaves you square in 1948 AD. Please pause here and allow that thought to sink in for a moment.

11/3/16

God likes to orchestrate events relating to Israel around the number 70

“In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy yearsin the desolations of Jerusalem.” Daniel 9:2 (KJV)

People, you better buckle up because things are about to become unglued. For well over a year now, we here at NTEB have been telling you that Donald Trump is God’s man for the White House, and that Bible prophecy would be fulfilled in the process. Two very eye-opening articles you need to read are The Real Reason Why Donald Trump Was Chosen To Be The Republican Candidate For President and Why A Bible Believer Is Supporting Donald Trump For President Of The United States. I wrote those articles on May 4 and February 13, respectively.
Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular are God’s time clock for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy

On our Sunday night radio show, which you can access here, we talked about Donald Trump, Bible prophecy and the coming global shaking. And believe me when I tell you it’s coming. In the 9th chapter of Daniel we see that he finally understands what Israel’s Babylonian captivity is all about by reading the prophecy Jeremiah had written. That was Daniel’s “a-ha!” moment.

“And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years. And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.” Jeremiah 25:11,12 (KJV)

After digesting that bombshell, Daniel is then visited by the angel Gabriel who gives Daniel his own shocking prophecy of the Seventy Weeks Of Years. All of that prophecy has been fulfilled except the last week, or 7 year period, known as the time of Jacob’s trouble as found in the book of Jeremiah and mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 24 as the time of “great tribulation”.

“Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.” Jeremiah 30:7 (KJV)

“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” Matthew 24:21 (KJV)

On May 14, 2018, Israel will have been officially regathered, in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, for exactly 70 years. In 70 AD, Israel was destroyed by the Romans and the Temple stones toppled to the ground exactly as Jesus said it would happen. When you subtract 70 AD from 2018 AD, where does that leave you? It leaves you square in 1948 AD. Please pause here and allow that thought to sink in for a moment.

Donald Trump was born on June 14, 1946. If you move ahead 70 years from that date, that brings you to June 14, 2016. Moving forward another seven months brings you to Jan. 14, 2017, and moving forward another seven days brings you to Jan. 21, 2017. This is happening in the year 5777 according to the Jewish calendar.

And if Donald Trump wins the election, Jan. 21 will be his first full day in office. Of course Trump would be inaugurated on Jan. 20, but he would only be president for part of that day. So that means that Donald Trump would be 70 years, seven months and seven days old on his first full day as president of the United States. Please pause here as well, and allow that thought to sink in for a moment.

All this brings us to our last point, and here it is. One of the many campaign promises that Donald Trump has made is that he will move the US Embassy in Israel from its current location in Tel Aviv, to its new location in Jerusalem in accordance with the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. By doing that, the United States will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and thus set off the Psalm 83 War as found in the Bible.

“They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:” Psalm 83:4,5 (KJV)

For it is Jerusalem, what the Bible calls the “apple of God’s eye”, that the real battle will be fought over. Why do you think that the Palestinians have always rejected the so-called Two State Solution? Because that solution calls for Jerusalem and the Temple Mount to stay with Israel, and the Muslims will not stand for that. They want Jerusalem for the same reason that the Antichrist fights the Battle of Armageddon for it. Because Jerusalem is where Jesus returns to, and where He will rule from for a thousand years. Jerusalem is the reason for all the conflict, all the fighting, all the past wars, and the coming war.

“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.” Zechariah 12:2,3 (KJV)

This election is going to usher in a time of amazing fulfillment of Bible prophecy. It is no coincidence of any kind that Donald Trump will be 70 years, 7 months and 7 days old on his first full day in office. It is not luck, fortune, happenstance or karma that he beat his 16 competitors for the nomination. As I have said for over a year now, Donald Trump is God’s man for “such a time as this”, and that we are living in the days of visible fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

As we started our radio show on this topic on this past Sunday night, do you know what the headline story on the Jerusalem Post website was? It was this:

Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100%’ if elected

If Donald Trump becomes President on Tuesday, as I believe with all my heart he will, then you better start thinking about the time of Jacob’s trouble beginning sometime on or around May of 2018. That means the Rapture of the Church will have to happen before that. Please pause here as well, and allow that thought to sink in for a moment.

Are YOU ready for what comes next? Because, brothers and sisters, it sure looks like it’s coming.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 03, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

http://www.infowars.com/libertarian-vp-candidate-tells-north-carolina-supporters-to-vote-hillary/
11/2/16
Libertarian VP Candidate tells North Carolina Supporters to Vote Hillary
"I fear for the country if Mr. Trump should be elected"

Libertarian vice presidential candidate Bill Weld is under fire from members of his own party after espousing support for Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show Tuesday, Weld told Libertarian voters in the battleground state of North Carolina to instead give their vote to Hillary, claiming Donald Trump is a threat to the country.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 03, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5749/both-trump-and-clinton-went-jeffrey-epsteins-sex-amanda-prestigiacomo#
5/16/16
Both Trump And Clinton Went To Jeffrey Epstein's Sex Slave Island.

One Twitter user once asked me, “Is it too much to hope that *one* of our parties would pick someone with no links to a **** sex-slave island?”

Apparently, it is too much to ask for.                                                     

Both presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and former President Bill Clinton have ties to convicted **** and Democratic donor, billionaire Jeffery Epstein and "Sex Slave Island."

Note: President Bill Clinton is not merely the husband of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, either. Bill is currently campaigning for his wife, plus Hillary recently unveiled that Bill with be in charge of “revitalizing the economy” if she were to take office.

It has been uncovered that Clinton, known for his trouble-making libido, has even stronger ties to Epstein than previously reported. As noted by The Free Beacon, “Clinton was aboard the infamous Lolita Express owned by a billionaire **** at least 26 times," not the initially reported 11 times.

Fox News reports:

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls…Official flight logs filed with the Federal Aviation Administration show Clinton traveled on some of the trips with as many as 10 U.S. Secret Service agents. However, on a five-leg Asia trip between May 22 and May 25, 2002, not a single Secret Service agent is listed.

The Republican presumptive nominee apparently got in on the action, too. Trump’s ties to Epstein — a man Trump once called a “terrific guy” — and Sex Slave Island have been chronicled by The Daily Wire here.

Per The Political Insider, Trump is accused of threatening and raping a 13-year-old girl on the private island. Epstein is also named in the suit for sexual misconduct. The lawsuit accusations have been vehemently denied by the Trump camp, alleging that the filing is a “hoax” and that there is “no evidence” that the plaintiff in question “actually exists.” 

Sex Slave Island, sometimes referred to as “**** Island,” (both lovely names), is one deranged place, allegedly rife with solicited sex, often from minors “groomed” by Epstein.

“Terrific guy” Epstein, of course, was convicted for soliciting sex from a minor in 2008; the billionaire served 13 months in prison.

Election 2016: Where both candidates have ties to a convicted ****, the Lolita Express and Sex Slave Island. 
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 04, 2016, 06:48:16 pm »

You can't make this up any better (or worse)!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 05, 2016, 12:31:46 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 05, 2016, 01:43:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 05, 2016, 04:18:51 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-nc-counties-must-restore-voters-removed-from-rolls/ar-AAjUHHs?OCID=ansmsnnews11
11/4/16
Judge: NC counties must restore voters removed from rolls

RALEIGH, N.C. — A federal judge has ordered local elections boards in North Carolina to restore voters to the rolls after they were purged too close to Election Day.

U.S. District Judge Loretta Biggs issued the ruling Friday after an emergency hearing earlier in the week on NAACP allegations that at least three counties purged voter rolls through a process disproportionately targeting blacks.

Early voting is already underway in the critical swing state, which the NAACP has previously sued over other voter access issues.

The voters' names were removed through challenges filed by activists, which the NAACP said was illegal under federal law less than 90 days before an election.

The NAACP sued earlier this week over thousands of challenges filed in Cumberland, Moore and Beaufort counties.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 07, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 07, 2016, 01:34:14 pm »

GOP strategist: Clinton will win -- but Congress won't work with her
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/john-weaver-axe-files/index.html

Chicago (CNN)Hillary Clinton will win in an electoral landslide on Tuesday, but the political baggage she has accumulated over the past year-and-a-half will dissuade congressional Republicans from working with her administration, says longtime Republican political strategist John Weaver.

"I believe she's going to win in an electoral landslide and be the most unpopular president in electoral history, which is quite the paradox," Weaver told David Axelrod on "The Axe Files" podcast, produced by the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and CNN.

Weaver, who often works with more moderate, independent Republican candidates -- recently with John Kasich, but most famously with John McCain -- believes Clinton's weak standing will only encourage Republicans to ignore the difficult work of addressing the party's underlying demographic problems and instead coalesce around opposition to Clinton.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 07, 2016, 07:42:32 pm »

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Ezekiel 8:1 And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord God fell there upon me.

2 Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber.

3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

4 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

7 And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.

8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.

9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.

10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.

11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.

12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

Isaiah 3

Isaiah 3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water.

2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,

3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.

4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Pro 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:05:26 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 08, 2016, 03:36:44 am »

Dirty Donna Sent EVEN MORE Debate Questions From CNN To Clinton...

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/07/brazile-sent-more-debate-questions-from-cnn-to-clinton/

Brazille: ‘My Conscience Is Very Clear’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/07/donna-brazille-conscience-clear/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 08, 2016, 11:08:08 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 08, 2016, 11:15:50 pm »

However you look at it, WE'RE the losers! (looks like it's potentially going to be major tomorrow!)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/08/investing/global-markets-stocks-trump-clinton-us-presidential-election/index.html
11/8/16
Global markets tank as U.S. election results shock

Global stock markets are sinking and the Mexican currency is plunging as initial results from the U.S. presidential election come in.

U.S. stock futures are plunging, with key battleground states too close to call between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Dow futures have plummeted 700 points, or 4%, Tuesday night. Stock indexes across Asia were also deep in the red. Japan's Nikkei plummeted nearly 5% and the Hang Seng in Hong Kong dropped around 3%.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2016, 01:48:43 am »

OK, Trump was going to win anyways, but odd that Hillary "conceded" BEFORE Trump hit 270.

Trump did BETTER with Latino voters, DESPITE his "promise" to build that "wall"?

They have these electronic voting machines, but it takes them HOURS to get just a MERE MOST of the results in?

Hillary had a 4% lead in Texas with 46% of the precincts in at 7:30pm central, but was called for Trump 30 minutes later?

What a joke! (and not to mention too Trump will likely appoint Gingrich and Guilliani to cabinet positions - so much for him being "anti-establishment")

With that being said - I believe we are now entering some very, very dangerous, albeit a new level of waters (in terms of spiritual warfare, that is). I believe the Vatican has used this "Trump card" to further cause a rift in the KJB movement. (which we've been seeing since the turn of this decade)

1 Peter 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:45:50 am by Proverbs 19:8 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2016, 02:21:25 am »

Trump hit 270 over 2 hours ago, networks didnt want to call it.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2016, 02:23:07 am »

Trump hit 270 over 2 hours ago, networks didnt want to call it.

Forget that, it was also the other scripted stuff I mentioned above.

Like I said, we're going to enter into some very, very treacherous spiritual warfare in the near future (until the rapture happens, that is).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:29 am »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/sandp-500-breaks-under-weight-of-looming-trump-victory/ar-AAk4Fjv?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
S&P 500 breaks under weight of looming Trump victory

U.S. equities were in freefall on Tuesday night and into Wednesday’s early hours as it looked increasingly likely that Republican candidate Donald Trump would emerge with the 270 electoral votes needed to win the U.S. presidency. S&P 500 futures were off nearly 4%.

As I write this, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures are down 803 points and most U.S. indices have hit limit down. Other markets are being hammered in sympathy: The Nikkei futures fell more than 1,000 points.

It was a stark difference from Tuesday’s regular trading, where the markets finished slightly higher in follow-on trading following Sunday’s FBI announcement that the new investigation into emails related to Clinton’s private service had completed without any new revelations.

Defensive sectors led the way, with telecoms and utilities up 0.7%. Priceline Group (PCLN) gained 6.6% on a 4% earnings per share beat driven by a pickup in hotel bookings. Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) fell 22.5% on a disappointing Q3 earnings release and a cut to its forward guidance on lower-than-expected car rental volume.

A few hours later, markets descended into chaos as Republican presidential candidate started outperforming in early states including Florida, Ohio and North Carolina. The New York Times’ projection moved to a 95%-plus chance of Trump victory and stayed there.

It’s like Brexit all over again. But bigger.

Like Brexit, the pre-election polls were all showing Hillary as a shoo-in. And since she was viewed as the “status quo” candidate, this was viewed bullishly as witnessed by Monday’s big rally and the fact that Monday and Tuesday were the third-best pre-election rally on record.

But it’s all coming undone now. In addition to the S&P 500 futures collapsing, the FTSE is down 5%, the DAX is down 5%, crude is down 4% and the peso is down 12% to all-time lows.

Gold is up 4%, to the surprise of no one.

Also crashing are the odds of the oft-teased December rate hike from the Federal Reserve. Assuming financial market pressure continues into the New York cash session, which is all but assured, look for Fed officials to soothe nerves by downplaying chances of a policy tightening until financial market turmoil ends — as they did earlier this year in the wake of the Brexit uncertainty.

Stepping back, the election result is a massive surprise (very few polls showed Trump ahead in support) and a big electoral mandate for Republicans, who are on track to maintain control of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The last time Republicans held all three branches of power (White House, Senate, and House) was in 1928 when California Republican Herbert Hoover beat Democrat Al Smith from New York.

It will surely have major implications for the drivers of the stock market: earnings, economic growth, and interest rates as well as sentiment. For the last year and a half, Democrats and many Republicans have been using scare tactics to warn of the consequences of Trump rising to the presidency. So, the near-term panic is likely to be acute and powerful.

What comes after will depend, in large part, on the tone Trump sets in the days and weeks to come. Who will be his cabinet picks? What tone does he set with Mexico and China on trade policies and the border wall? Will he reconcile with Fed chairman Janet Yellen?

Time will tell. But for now, market volatility is likely as traders respond to the world’s largest democracy delivering a massive surprise to the political and economic establishment.

Watch for a triggering of circuit breakers when markets open on Wednesday. Level 1 breakers will be hit on a 7% decline, which is roughly a 1,283-point drop on the Dow.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2016, 07:57:33 am »

Yes, I remember around 8pm Eastern, Hillary (seemingly) had commanding leads in NC, FL, and OH, and then out of the blue they FLIPPED. Coincidence? And not to mention too at 8:30pm Eastern, Hillary had a 4% lead in Texas with 46% of the precincts accounted for! (and somehow THAT got called for Trump 30 minutes later!)

Wicked...just WICKED! My dad is in his 70's, and his retirement account already went through 1 crash (9/11).

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-moment-markets-believed-donald-trump-would-become-president-055016207.html
Here is the moment markets believed Donald Trump would become president
11/9/16

Donald Trump looks likely to be named the 45th president of the United States.

And financial markets were way out in front of it.

On Tuesday night a little after 8:00 p.m. ET, stock market futures began their descent as — in a result that surprised almost every political pollster — Trump pulled ahead of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

But it was the hang-up in Florida — which the Associated Press called for Trump just before 11:00 p.m. ET — that eventually pushed markets sharply lower and for good.

When all was said and done, S&P 500 futures fell 5% to hit limit-down, halting trade until Wednesday morning. Nasdaq futures also went limit-down. At around 12:30 a.m. ET, however, both issues had resumed trading. Dow futures also nose-dived, declining as much as 800 points, a drop of more than 4.5%.

The other major predictive market move on Tuesday night was the Mexican peso, which fell more than 13% against the dollar.

Throughout the election, the peso had tracked the fortunes of Hillary Clinton closely, and forex markets had priced in the possibility of a massive move were Trump to prevail.

Trump has not only jawboned extensively on seeking more restrictive US trade policy, but has singled out Mexico, particularly with his election promise to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and proclaiming that “Mexico will pay for it.”

**But somehow Trump performed BETTER with Latino voters?

In a recent note to clients, Credit Suisse analysts Shahab Jalinoos and Alvise Marino wrote, “We first mentioned ‘Trumpxit’ risk back in Q1 this year (the stylized tail risk that the US economy under Trump moves to disconnect from the global economy in the same manner as the UK is seeking to do from the EU now).

“At the time, we flagged MXN as the ultimate market indicator of the probability of a Trump victory, seeing it as the ‘canary in the coal mine’.”

On Tuesday night, this prediction proved prescient as the peso is where markets first started to see the kind of massive dislocation that indicated markets believed Trump would prevail.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:45:18 am by Proverbs 19:8 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2016, 10:54:17 am »

Once again, we're the losers!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-stabilize-after-tanking-overnight-on-stunning-trump-win/ar-AAk4Oju?ocid=spartandhp
Stocks bounce back from nosedive as Trump victory begins to sink in

Stocks were rebounding Wednesday as the major indexes reversed steep losses after markets careened out of control in volatile trading overnight after a speech by President-elect Donald Trump helped reassure investors after his upset win against Hillary Clinton caught investors around the globe by surprise. 

The Dow was up 150 points after tumbling as much as 800 points in late-night futures trading. The Standard & Poor's 500, which was down 5% overnight and hit a trading halt designed to limit losses, also trimmed its steep declines and was up 0.8%. The Nasdaq gained 0.85%

Traders appear to be evaluating the potential economic benefits from Trump's plans to cut taxes and spend money on infrastructure projects that would put Americans to work, Martin Gilbert, CEO of Aberdeen Asset Management, said via email.

"The increased prospect of tax cuts and a generally pro-growth set of policies from Trump, aided by the Republican clean sweep of Congress, has seen some of the initial (kneejerk) reaction (to sell stocks) to reverse," Gilbert said.

"Risk aversion is likely to remain strong in the U.S. session today," says Craig Erlam, senior market analyst at OANDA, adding that he thinks "we may have seen the worst of the moves in the markets" following Trump's surprise win.

The key question now is how long the market shock will last.

Back in late June, the U.S. stock market suffered a two-day drop of 5.6% after the surprise Brexit vote in which Britain voted to exit the single-market European Union. The stock market, however, came to its senses and fully recovered 10 trading days later.

The Trump-driven tumult, however, may keep the uncertainty level high in markets for a bit longer, says David Joy, chief market strategist at Ameriprise Financial.

"I think the environment will stay uncertain for awhile," Joy told USA TODAY, citing the shock factor of Trump's win and the many unknowns related to what's Trump policies will be and what the chances are of them being enacted by a GOP-controlled Senate and House of Representatives that are not great fans of the president-elect after a bruising presidential campaign.

"We will get through this but the adjustment process will take longer," says Joy.

World markets were very volatile through election night in the U.S., with stocks, currencies and bonds swinging wildly as investors factored in the reality that the Republican businessman could best Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race. Trump, who has never held public office, defeated Clinton to be elected the 45th president of the United States on Wednesday. Wall Street had been pricing in a Clinton win.

Japan's Nikkei 225 plunged 5.4% to close at 16,251.54 while Hong Kong's Hang Seng index lost 2.2% to 22,415.19%. The Shanghai Composite index lost 0.6% to finish at 3,128.37. Futures on the Standard & Poors 500 index hit a trading halt designed to limit losses. Dow futures were down 2.1%, S&P 500 futures were 2.3% lower and Nasdaq futures lost 2.7% at around 6.30 a.m. ET.

European markets opened sharply lower before paring its losses. Germany’s DAX index was off around 1% after opening down nearly 3%. France's CAC 40 was in positive territory by 0.4% after an earlier decline of 1.5% and Britain's FTSE 100 dropped 0.3%.

Earlier Wednesday, the Dow Jones industrial average was down about 638  points, or 3.4%, in futures trading, leading to fears that if the Dow's losses stuck when regular trading resumes today, the point loss could top the 610-point Brexit drop back on June 24. The Dow's earlier level would also challenge the record one-day plunge of 777.68 points back on Sept. 29, 2008, during the financial crisis.

Kathleen Brooks, research director at Forex.com, said that Trump “definitely sounded more presidential than he has done at any stage during the election campaign” during his victory speech, in which he praised Clinton," the Associated Press reported.

"I pledge to be president for all Americans. We are going to rebuild our inner cities... We will rebuild our infrastructure, which will become second to none," Trump said in his relatively soft victory speech.

Investors rushed into perceived havens, such as gold, which is up $26.90 an ounce, or 2.1%, to $1,301.40

The Trump strength in this election is similar to what happened during the surprise Brexit vote, which was characterized by untrustworthy polls, rising populism and an angry electorate.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:14 am »

This is only the beginning...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-pollster-frank-luntz-no-one-will-call-me-a-republican-again-005629773.html
GOP pollster Frank Luntz: ‘No one will call me a Republican again’

Frank Luntz, a longtime Republican pollster and message guru, dating back to Newt Gingrich’s Contract With America, said Tuesday night that he has become the latest political casualty of Donald Trump’s takeover of the Republican Party.

**But Gingrich will likely be appointed to Trump's cabinet? Roll Eyes

“Starting tonight on this show, no one will call me a Republican again, because I’m not part of this,” Luntz told Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric and a panel of guests at the start of Yahoo’s election-night coverage.

“I’m not part of that system, I’m not part of that negativity. This is not something I was involved in this year. I will leave it to others to explain and to try to get themselves out of this mess.”

In a New York Times op-ed, Luntz wrote Monday that the 2016 campaign had convinced him that “the greatest country in the history of civilization has become dangerously uncivilized.”

The GOP focus-group maestro has long been a critic of the way Trump has run his campaign. In October, he described Trump’s White House bid as an “absolute joke.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »

It's at the 3:00 mark (this 2011 video is about personalized medicine), but nonetheless watch the entire first 3:10 minutes (the time period is set in 2020 AD).

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 09, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

This freak show is getting more bizarre by the moment!

Hillary Clinton Beats Trump in Popular Vote
11/9/16
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-beats-trump-in-popular-vote/ar-AAk6erN?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Much of the world knew a few hours after voting concluded that  Donald Trump will be the 45th president of the United States, based on the tally of electoral college votes. But as of Wednesday morning, Hillary Clinton was still leading in the popular vote, by a margin of 135,495. Clinton had 59,186,057 votes, while Trump had garnered 59,049,470.

While confusing—and frustrating—to many, it’s not the first time in history that election results reflect such a discrepancy. In the 2000 election, Al Gore won the popular vote but lost the presidency to George Bush, who won five more votes from the electoral college. In addition to Bush, only three other former candidates in U.S. history have lost the popular vote but won the presidency: Benjamin Harrison in 1888, Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876 and John Quincy Adams in 1824.

In 2012, when President Barack Obama won the re-election against former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Obama claimed 332 electoral college votes and 51.1 percent of the popular vote. Romney earned 60.9 million votes—more, so far, than both Trump and Clinton—in a losing effort. Analysts pin Clinton’s popular vote lead to strong Democratic support in states such as California are responsible.

The number of electoral college "electors" in each state is determined by the number of members of Congress from that particular state. For example, Iowa has six members of Congress, and therefore six electors in the college. The popular vote, on the other hand, is the number of voting citizens who head out to the polls, make their choices in early voting or fill out absentee ballots.

Trump took 276 electoral college votes while Clinton secured 218. As the public waited for Clinton to give her concession speech on Wednesday, there were still 44 unclaimed votes of the 538 total from the electoral college.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 09, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »

Marijuana, gun control, minimum wage hikes win at the polls
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marijuana-gun-control-minimum-wage-hikes-win-at-the-polls/ar-AAk5ob0?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Filling a void created by congressional inaction, voters in a scattering of states tightened gun control laws and approved increases in the minimum wage. The campaign to legalize marijuana achieved a major breakthrough, with victories in at least six states.

In all, more than 150 measures appeared on statewide ballots in Tuesday's election.

California, Nevada and Massachusetts approved measures legalizing the recreational use of marijuana, while Florida, Arkansas and North Dakota voted to allow pot for medical purposes. A recreational pot proposal lost in Arizona. The outcome of another in Maine was too close to call.

Gun control was on the ballot in four states, including California, which already has some of the nation's toughest gun-related laws. Voters there approved a measure that will outlaw possession of large-capacity ammunition magazines, require permits to buy ammunition and extend California's unique program that allows authorities to seize firearms from owners who bought guns legally but are no longer allowed to own them.

Washington state approved a ballot measure that will allow judges to issue orders temporarily seizing guns from individuals who are deemed a threat.

In Maine and Nevada, a group founded by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg spent millions promoting ballot measures that would require background checks on nearly all gun sales and transfers. The measure was approved in Nevada but was too close to call in Maine early Wednesday.

With Congress unable to agree on an increase in the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, numerous states and cities have taken action on their own. In this election, Arizona, Colorado and Maine voters approved measures phasing in a $12 minimum hourly wages by 2020. In Washington state, where the minimum wage is $9.47 an hour, voters approved a measure raising that to $13.50 an hour by 2020.

In Nebraska, voters reinstated the death penalty, reversing the Legislature's decision last year to repeal capital punishment. Nebraska has not executed an inmate since 1997. Ten men currently sit on death row.

Overall, the results of the marijuana referendums were hailed as historic by legalization activists, given that California is the most populous state. Massachusetts became the first state east of the Rockies to join the movement.

Florida, where the medical pot measure was backed by 71 percent of the voters, and Arkansas became the first states in the South with full-scale medical marijuana programs, which exist in 25 other states.

Collectively, it was the closest the U.S. has ever come to a national referendum on marijuana, which remains prohibited under federal law.

"These votes send a clear message to federal officials that it's time to stop arresting and incarcerating marijuana users," said Rob Kampia, executive director of the pro-legalization Marijuana Policy Project.

The outcome will more than triple the number of Americans living in states where recreational pot is legal. The jurisdictions where that's already the case — Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington state and the District of Columbia — have less than 6 percent of the population.

Nebraska was one of three states voting on capital punishment. California had two competing measures on its ballot, one repealing its rarely used death penalty and the other speeding up appeals so convicted murderers are actually executed. The repeal measure was trailing in partial returns.

Oklahoma residents approved a measure to make it harder to abolish capital punishment. It seeks to ensure the state has a way to execute prisoners even if a given method is blocked.

Colorado voters approved a measure that will allow physicians to assist a terminally ill person in dying. That's already a practice in five other states. Coloradans defeated a proposal that would have set up the nation's first universal health care system.

Among the other topics addressed by ballot measures:

— BILINGUAL EDUCATION: California voters repealed a nearly two-decade-old law that limited bilingual education in public schools.

— TAX HIKES: Oregon voters defeated a measure that would have imposed a 2.5 percent tax on corporate sales that exceed $25 million. Washington voters rejected a plan to promote cleaner energy by imposing a tax of $25 per metric ton on carbon emissions from fossil fuels such as gasoline, coal and natural gas.

— TOBACCO TAXES: Voters in Colorado, Missouri and North Dakota rejected proposals to raise taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products. Californians approved a measure that raises cigarette prices by $2 a pack and places new taxes on electronic cigarettes.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: