End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 07:15:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

FLAT

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLAT  (Read 229 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2015, 11:29:34 am »

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,flat

flat

FLAT, a. [L. latus, broad; Gr.; Eng. blade.]

1. Having an even surface, without risings or indentures, hills or valleys; as flat land.
2. Horizontal; level; without inclination; as a flat roof; or with a moderate inclination or slope; for we often apply the word to the roof of a house that is not steep, though inclined.
3. Prostrate; lying the whole length on the ground. He fell or lay flat on the ground.
4. Not elevated or erect; fallen.
Cease t'admire, and beauty's plumes fall flat.
5. Level with the ground; totally fallen.
What ruins kingdoms, and lays cities flat.
6. In painting, wanting relief or prominence of the figures.
7. Tasteless; stale; vapid; insipid; dead; as fruit flat to the taste.
8. Dull; unanimated; frigid; without point or spirit; applied to discourses and compositions. The sermon was very flat.
9. Depressed; spiritless; dejected.
I feel - my hopes all flat.
10. Unpleasing; not affording gratification.
How flat and insipid are all the pleasures of this life!
11. Peremptory; absolute; positive; downright. He gave the petitioner a flat denial.
Thus repulsed, our final hope is flat despair.
12. Not sharp or shrill; not acute; as a flat sound.
13. Low, as the prices of goods; or dull, as sales.
FLAT, n.

1. A level or extended plain. In America, it is applied particularly to low ground or meadow that is level, but it denotes any land of even surface and of some extent.
2. A level ground lying at a small depth under the surface of water; a shoal; a shallow; a strand; a sand bank under water.
3. The broad side of a blade.
4. Depression of thought or language.
5. A surface without relief or prominences.
6. In music, a mark of depression in sound. A flat denotes a fall or depression of half a tone.
7. A boat, broad and flat-bottomed. A flat-bottomed boat is constructed for conveying passengers or troops, horses, carriages and baggage.
FLAT, v.t.

1. To level; to depress; to lay smooth or even; to make broad and smooth; to flatten.
2. To make vapid or tasteless.
3. To make dull or unanimated.
FLAT, v.i.

1. To grow flat; to fall to an even surface.
2. To become insipid, or dull and unanimated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colossians 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Rev 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Isaiah 66:1  Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Isa 66:2  For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: