End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:20:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Racks Up $50M-Plus in Advance Ticket Sales

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Racks Up $50M-Plus in Advance Ticket Sales  (Read 1081 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2015, 02:53:23 pm »

'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Racks Up $50M-Plus in Advance Ticket Sales
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-force-awakens-racks-up-50m-plus-in-231303884.html
11/19/15

J.J. Abrams’ tentpole is now four weeks away from opening.

By Pamela McClintock

With a month left to go, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has racked up more than $50 million in advance ticket sales in North America, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

That’s the double the previous record set by The Dark Knight Rises in 2012 with $25 million. Imax alone accounts for a third of all ticket sales, according to sources. Force Awakens, looking to reboot George Lucas’ Star Wars series, begins rolling out the evening of Dec. 17 in North America. Overseas, it opens day and date in much of the world.

There are still plenty of seats available for opening weekend in the U.S., according to online ticket services.

Still, the ticket-buying frenzy puts Disney and Lucasfilm in the enviable but still challenging situation of managing expectations. Many believe Force Awakens will score the biggest North American debut of all time, ahead of the $208.8 million earned in June by Jurassic World. The question is, by how much. Some believe Force Awakens could cross $250 million and even approach $300 million.

In May 2012, The Avengers made history when opening to $207 million domestically, then a record. Capacity was at 63 percent.

Read More: New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Footage Debuts During ABC’s #TGIT

At the same time, the pre-Christmas corridor isn’t know for huge openings, with consumers distracted by holiday preparations. Rather, movies can amass huge fortunes during the final two weeks of the year, and especially the week between Christmas and New Year’s weekend. To date, the biggest December bow is 2012’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey ($85 million).

Online sales began Oct. 19 for Force Awakens before the full trailer debuted on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, with ticket sites like Fandango crashing under demand fueled by social media buzz. According to Twitter, between 11 a.m. Oct. 19 and 11 a.m. Oct. 20, there were 1.1 millionStar Wars-related tweets.

By the morning of Oct. 20, Fandango had recorded record presales, selling eight times as many tickets as it did on the opening day of sales for the first Hunger Games movie. Imax, which will show the film in about 390 theaters domestically, sold around $6.5 million worth of tickets in 12 hours — it previously never had sold more than $1 million a day in presales. In less than 12 hours, AMC sold out more than 1,000 shows nationwide, setting its own record (its Imax auditoriums accounted for 38 percent of sales).

The Wall Street Journal first reported that Force Awakens has hit a record in terms of advance ticket sales.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:46:18 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/fox-news-contributor-gets-death-1307709541908534.html?nf=1
Fox News Contributor Gets Death Threats After 'Star Wars' Joke

The Hollywood Reporter
November 25, 2015

Fox News contributor Katherine Timpf is getting death threats for a jab at Star Wars she made during a segment on Red Eye w/ Tom Shillue last month.

As a guest on the satirical political news comedy show that airs at 3 a.m. on Fox News Channel, Timpf said: “I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now. You people are crazy. You Star Wars people are crazy. Yesterday I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive — people threatened my life.”

Monday, Timpf, also a writer for the National Review, shared some of the threats along with a piece she penned about the abuse she’s been receiving. 

"A lot of people are clearly a lot of upset. But guess what? I’m not apologizing. Why? Because the all-too-common knee-jerk reaction of apologizing for harmless jokes after overblown hysteria is ruining our culture. This political-correctness obsession threatens free speech, and I absolutely refuse to be a part of it,” she wrote in Monday’s piece. “Obviously, the totally insane whackjobs who have been attacking me don’t represent most Star Wars fans. But the fact that so many adults have responded with so much unhinged emotion astounds me.”

A request for comment from Fox News was not immediately returned.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:32:16 pm »

“I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now. You people are crazy. You Star Wars people are crazy. Yesterday I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive — people threatened my life.”

I just want to comment on this comment. Plus if you actually see a pic of this woman she is not attractive, not with those big ole nerd granny glasses.  Cheesy Also seriously, these are bully elitist high school elitist talk. She was all cool and being snobby and attractive.  Roll Eyes  Whos the bully here?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 05:27:11 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/campbells-soup-real-life-two-gay-dads-commercial-promotes-lgbt-agenda/
CAMPBELL’S SOUP ‘REAL LIFE’ TWO GAY DADS COMMERCIAL PROMOTES LGBT AGENDA
Campbell's, along with other corporate giants, are running ads like these to numb the American public and attempt to present this as the 'new normal'. No longer is it about the quality of their products, but rather about the underlying message their products promote.

11/27/15

THE CAMPBELL’S SOUP COMPANY HAS DECIDED TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND JUMP ON THE LGBT BANDWAGON WITH THE RELEASE OF IT’S “I AM YOUR TWO FATHERS” COMMERCIAL

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:26,27 (KJV)

Ahead of the December release of The Force Awakens, the half-minute long ad for their Star Wars-themed soup stars a gay couple — actors David Monahan and Larry Sullivan, who are married fathers in real-life — and their son. It starts with the first “dad” feeding soup to a little boy and saying in a Darth Vader voice “I am  your father”. At this point the confused little kid looks over to his second “dad” as he hears him say “no, Luke, I am your father”. Wow, how messed up is this little kid going to be as he grows up?

Campbell’s, along with other corporate giants, are running ads like these to numb the American public and attempt to present this as the ‘new normal’. No longer is it about the quality of their products, but rather about the underlying message their products promote.

The website OneMillionMoms says “This gay-inclusive commercial is attempting to desensitize viewers. There is concern about the way this ad is pushing the LGBT agenda, but an even greater concern is the way that they are attempting to redefine “family” and “real marriage.” They have a link there for you to take action and contact Campbell’s to let them know how you feel about their commercial.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/star-wars-this-is-how-the-laodicean-church-celebrates-the-birth-of-jesus-christ/
STAR WARS: THIS IS HOW THE LAODICEAN CHURCH CELEBRATES THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST
How tragically sad it is when the pastor says that "one of our core values is that 'church is fun'". 25 years of Bible reading and study have yet to lead me to the passages that would prove his statement to be true. Pastor Lucas, like thousands of other Laodicean-age church leaders in 2015, no longer believe that a sincere and passionate preaching of the gospel has any power in and of itself.

12/11/15

NEW JERSEY CHURCH HOSTING LIVING STAR WARS NATIVITY

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” Revelation 3:14-18 (KJV)

In the book of Revelation, Jesus warns us that the last church on this earth right before the Rapture will be the cold, dead, worldly and lukewarm church of Laodicea. This is a very prosperous church by financial standards, but it is also a church that no longer trusts in the power of the old-fashioned gospel to reach lost sinners and save souls. They have all the glitz and glamour of the world, because they  no longer believe in the gospel once delivered to the saints. Liquid Church in New Jersey is proof-positive of this fulfillment of last days prophecy.

ON CHRISTMAS EVE, THERE WILL BE A LIVING STAR WARS NATIVITY SCENE AT ALL FIVE LOCATIONS OF LIQUID CHURCH IN NEW JERSEY. A REP FROM THE CHURCH TELLS ME PRINCESS LEIA WILL STAND IN AS MARY, HAN SOLO WILL REPRESENT JOSEPH, CHEWBACCA WILL BE ALL THE ANIMALS IN THE MANGER AND R2D2 WILL REP THE WISE MEN. WHAT ABOUT BABY JESUS, YOU ASK? SADLY, IT’S NOT YODA. “WE HAVE A WOODEN CRESH WITH SWADDLING CLOTHES TO REPRESENT JESUS, BUT NO STAR WARS CHARACTER WILL BE IN THE CRESH,” SHE SAYS.

Head pastor at Liquid Church, Tim Lucas, tells us exactly what his reasoning behind the Star Wars Christmas themed manger is. In his own words he says that while we may have the “greatest story” in the world, that that story itself, the gospel, lacks sufficient power to draw people in.

WE WANT TO DRAW ON THE EXCITEMENT SURROUNDING STAR WARS IN ORDER TO REACH NEW PEOPLE AND TEACH THEM ABOUT THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST, IN A WAY THEY’VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE,” SAYS LUCAS. “WE BELIEVE WE HAVE THE GREATEST STORY IN THE WORLD, BUT THE CHALLENGE IS REACHING PEOPLE WITH THAT STORY. SO, AS A CHURCH, WE WANT TO BE DYNAMIC, ENGAGING, AND CULTURALLY RELEVANT. … THERE ARE NO RULES THAT SAY CHURCH NEEDS TO BE DRY AND BORING. ONE OF OUR CORE VALUES AT LIQUID IS THAT ‘CHURCH IS FUN.’ IT’S OKAY TO LAUGH AND CELEBRATE TOGETHER WHILE TALKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS. IF THAT MEANS HAVING STAR WARS CHARACTERS IN COSTUME AND DANCING STORMTROOPERS, I’M ALL FOR IT.“

How tragically sad it is when the pastor says that “one of our core values is that ‘church is fun'”. 25 years of Bible reading and study have yet to lead me to the passages that would prove his statement to be true. Pastor Lucas, like thousands of other Laodicean-age church leaders in 2015, no longer believe that a sincere and passionate preaching of the gospel has any power in and of itself. This is what God has to say about Bible preaching:

“FOR AFTER THAT IN THE WISDOM OF GOD THE WORLD BY WISDOM KNEW NOT GOD, IT PLEASED GOD BY THE FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE.” 1 CORINTHIANS 1:21 (KJV)

Pastor Lucas, when someone from your staff shows you this article, you need to know that the gospel is not and was not ever meant to be ‘culturally relevant’, not by a long shot. The Bible stands in opposition to “modern culture” in all ages, times and seasons. When people come to church, they are supposed to ‘see a difference’, that it is not like the world. Instead of being, as you say, a “fun” way to spend time, church was always meant to be a sober time of WORSHIP unto the Lord. When I go to church, I sing at the top of my lungs, shout amen at the preaching, and love hearing the word preached in power and in truth. Nothing boring about that! But what I don’t want is the stinking old, sin-cursed, Devil-soaked world in there with me.

“BUT HATH IN DUE TIMES MANIFESTED HIS WORD THROUGH PREACHING, WHICH IS COMMITTED UNTO ME ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR;” TITUS 1:3 (KJV)

So enjoy your Hollywood “Christmas” service this year, and all the thousands of people that will flock to see the Star Wars presentation of the gospel. But please write to me and let me know how many people got saved at any of your services, how many people kneeled at the altar, weeping over their sins and asking Jesus to save them from Hell. You do preach on Hell, right? Because that’s what Jesus came to save us from.

I would truly like to know.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 11:51:17 am »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-advance-ticket-235638013.html
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Advance Ticket Sales Cross Historic $100M

The Hollywood Reporter
December 15, 2015

Year-end holiday advance ticket sales for J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens have crossed $100 million in North America, an unheard of number, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

That includes $50 million-$60 million in advance ticket sales for the film’s opening weekend. Force Awakens, which held its world premiere Monday night in Los Angeles, begins rolling out Thursday night before playing everywhere Friday morning.

Disney continued to decline comment on advance tickets sales. In recent days, theater owners have been adding screenings of the film to accommodate demand, with Disney insiders stressing there are still plenty of seats available over opening weekend. In order to play the movie, theaters have to commit to carrying Force Awakens for four to five weeks.

Read More: How ‘Star Wars’ Will Change Hollywood (Again)

The previous record-holder for advance ticket sales was The Dark Knight Rises in 2012 with $25 million. Sources say Force Awakens sales could even be north of $120 million.

On Tuesday, online ticketing service Fandango reported that Force Awakens has become the company’s top selling title in the company’s 15 year history in terms of advance ticket sales, outpacing such record-setters as Avengers: Age of Ultron and this summer’s Jurassic World, which debuted to a historic $208.8 million domestically.

MovieTickets.com also reports record advance ticket sales, saying Force Awakens has sold more than double the number that Age of Ultron did and 20 percent more than Jurassic World.

Tracking services suggest Force Awakens will debut in the $180 million-$220 million range in North America. December isn’t known for huge openings, since many consumers are distracted by holiday preparations and holiday travel the weekend before Christmas. Rather, holiday titles can have huge multiples, thanks to the stretch between Christmas and New Year’s weekend being the most lucrative corridor of the year in terms of moviegoing.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:15:24 pm »

I read this in the front page of my newspaper today...

http://www.guidelive.com/star-wars/2015/12/16/real-life-jedis-worship-force-probably-think
12/16/15
These real life Jedis worship with the Force, and it's probably not what you think

A long, long time ago (well, three years) in a galaxy far, far away (well, New Zealand), Brenna Cavell was scanning the Internet.

She came across a belief system that seemed familiar, but she hadn't heard of it before: Jediism. Out of curiosity, she signed up with the Beaumont-based Temple of the Jedi Order, a community of thousands of Jedis who believe in the Force as the most powerful entity in the universe.
"It was kind of like coming home," Cavell said. "It was more of discovering the beliefs I had."

Brenna and Clint West of Arlington, practice Jediism, a religion that practices living through the Force. They are pictured here at their home on Dec. 16.

Brenna and Clint West of Arlington, practice Jediism, a religion that practices living through the Force. They are pictured here at their home on Dec. 16.

Louis DeLuca/The Dallas Morning News
Three years earlier on the other side of the planet, Clint West, of Arlington, was looking up schematics for the Millennium Falcon when he found the temple. He liked the ideas about the Force as a way to interpret universal truths, but went back and forth on joining at first.

Today, he's a Jedi Knight and a member of the council in the temple.
The two met online soon after she joined. They hit it off immediately and started chatting regularly. He's retired military. She's a life coach. He flew to New Zealand to visit. She flew to North Texas to stay.

Six months ago, they were married in a Frisco chapel.

"It was a real connection based on shared values," Brenna Cavell, now Brenna West, said. "It was honestly kind of strange."

Yes, there are Jedis in Texas. Yes, they are for real. And no, they can't lift X-Wing fighters out of a swamp.

Their ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

John Henry Phelan is the 55-year old Jedi in Beaumont who founded the Temple of the Jedi Order 10 years ago this month. He was raised Catholic, but was always asking questions about the faith in Sunday school. Then, when he was 17, he saw Star Wars.

"I felt like I'd been to an uplifting church service," Phelan said.
Decades later, he found a community of Jedis online and decided that following in the very real steps of fictitious on-screen Jedi was right for him.

His temple recently received 501(c)(3) status, making it the first Jedi organization in the world to be government-recognized, Phelan said, but estimating how many Jedis are out there is difficult. Just like there are Christians who only show up to church on Christmas and Easter, some Jedis only participate occasionally.

The U.S. Census Bureau has not tracked religious affiliation since 1957, but a 2011 census in the UK claimed that 176,632 people identified as Jedi. (That number was down from 330,000 in 2001.)

Phelan said the faith is a mix of religious doctrines, something that could resemble a hodge-podge of Zen Taoist Universalism.

"There is extreme misunderstanding about what being a real Jedi is," Phelan said. "I can almost guarantee you it's not what you think it is."
But first, a quick primer on the Force.

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

— Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Force can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, but Phelan said the idea is that is an energy that goes beyond a deity. It's similar to one's internal sense of wrong and right.

"It could be the force of good people united for a good cause," Phelan said. "I think it's that and more."

If that sounds nebulous and hard to describe, that's OK. Jedis believe the Force is incomprehensible in its entirety.

"Whether you believe in God or Allah or whatever, the Force is how you may interpret it," Clint West said. "That is a unique and personal relationship between you and what you believe in."

Consider a cloud, Phelan said. You can see what it is, but have you ever seen two identical clouds? They're ever-moving, ever-changing and constantly adapting. The Force is the same way.

Phelan said the Force is "beyond theism and beyond atheism." It is understood by Jedis as "underlying, fundamental nature of the universe," according to the temple's doctrine.

"You can call it whatever you want. You can call it the Force, you can call it God, you can call it the Tao," Brenna West said. "It's all the same thing."
So then what is Jediism?

Phelan's Temple of the Jedi Order has a lengthy doctrine on its website. It boils down the faith to three tenets: focus, knowledge and wisdom. Jedis do not worship George Lucas or the Star Wars films or any other imagined deity. (And don't come near here with that midi-chlorian malarkey.)

Instead, the faith is more spiritual.

On the site's forum, Jedis discuss theology, meditation, philosophy and other religious topics. Weekly sermons are posted for members to read. Live chats happen all the time where Jedis around the world can digitally connect about their faith.

"We have wonderful debates," Clint West said. "Everything from gun control to what syrup is best for pancakes."

Brenna West said she uses apps like Skype, Google Hangout and WhatsApp daily to connect with Jedis around the country. They don't wear robes to work every day — although many have them in the closet at home — but use the Jedi Code as a guide in their daily lives.

There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
There is no Death, there is the Force.

After joining the forums on the Temple of the Jedi Order website, Clint West said, wannabe-Jedis must wait seven days before submitting an application for membership. There is then a time-consuming program the young Jedis must complete. That program is reviewed by the council and all Jedi Knights before the applicant becomes an initiate. Jedis may then, if they wish, become an apprentice to a training master and apply for the status of Jedi Knight.

"It's an ongoing, every day journey," Clint West said. "We try to live our lives in that way. Be true to yourself and the community. It boils down to
'Be a good person.'"

Yes, there's also a dark side, but not in the evil, kill-all-Jedi kind of way.
Phelan said there are also Sith out there, a few of whom participate in the forums on the Temple of the Jedi Order.

But they're not the Force-choking, Darth-naming baddies of the Star Wars movies.

In real life, the difference between a Jedi and a Sith is a little more subtle.
Imagine you're on an airplane, and the pilot hits some turbulence, causing the oxygen masks to deploy. Are you the kind of person that fixes your mask first? Or do you take a risk to help those around you before taking care of your mask?

A Sith is more focused on the inner struggle of the Force. They want to protect themselves and their families before looking to others. The Jedi, on the other hand, are more focused on outward charity and generosity, Phelan said.

"The difference is extraordinarily subtle. A good Sith can make the best Jedi," Phelan said.

Isn't this just based off a fictional movie? How can you take it seriously?
Brenna West said she's nervous about The Force Awakens, but not because it will change her faith. She's a fan of the films, like many Jedis, but the fictional movies don't have much impact on the non-fictional spirituality of Jediism.

"They do not have a trademark on real Jedi," Phelan said. "We're not fictional Jedi. I'm a real Jedi."

Like Phelan, Brenna West was raised Catholic and said she appreciates that the focus of Jediism isn't tied to a mythological narrative. Instead, a Jedi's relationship with the Force is one that transcends the scriptural stories of Christianity, Judaism, Islam and other major religions.

"It doesn't focus on the mythology," Brenna West said. "There's one river and many wells."

Jediism is only inspired by the Star Wars movies, Phelan said. The films are like parables. They're legends, nothing more.

"The rabbit didn't really talk to the turtle as far as I know, but it teaches a lesson," Phelan said. "We have really dedicated members who have maybe seen a film. We have very, very active members that don't particularly care for Star Wars."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:05:21 am »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-force-awakens-thrills-083757273.html
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' thrills fans, sets records

December 18, 2015

LOS ANGELES (AP) — After months of secrecy and anticipation, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is thrilling fans and theater owners alike.

The most anticipated film in the galaxy opened globally Thursday, setting international and pre-sale box-office records and delighting moviegoers who've had opening-night tickets in hand for months.

Kelly Andrews, who wears her love of "Star Wars" on her skin in the form of Yoda and R2-D2 tattoos, bought tickets in October for the first showing at Hollywood's classic TCL Chinese Theatre, where the original "Star Wars" premiered in 1977.

"It was outstanding," she said as she left the screening Thursday night clutching a shiny keepsake popcorn bin. "I cried happy tears. I cried sad tears. It was beautiful."

She was among thousands of devotees who praised the space saga's latest installment. The film has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans internationally.

All over the world, "Star Wars" enthusiasts toted lightsabers and wore character costumes to packed opening-night showings of "The Force Awakens." They laughed and cheered and gasped together, illuminating their sabers in the theater during key scenes.

While domestic box-office returns won't be available until later Friday, the Walt Disney Co. said Thursday the film debuted with $14.1 million from its first screenings in 12 international markets. The largest was France, where the film earned $5.2 million. It set a one-day record in Norway and Sweden.

More than $100 million in tickets have been presold in North America. The movie ticket service Fandango said it has already sold more tickets for "The Force Awakens" than any movie over its entire theatrical run.

Not everyone in the opening-night audience was dazzled, though. Michael Danke of Los Angeles, who said his friend waited in line for 52 hours for their tickets, was disappointed.

"I was kind of looking forward to a futuristic, bitchin' movie, but it was an old 'Star Wars' movie," he said. "They did it old style."

That nostalgia worked for Tony Brennan, who said he "can't get off of that high that I'm on" after seeing the film with the opening-night crowd in Hollywood.

"It's definitely worth all the hype," he said. "I like how they bring back the old quotes and old scenery and old people... It passed all of our expectations. I'm watching it five, six, seven more times."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08:20 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-star-wars-force-awakens-headed-record-064740162.html
Box Office: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Hits Record $57 Million Thursday Night
December 17, 2015

J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens awoke to a record-breaking $57 million in Thursday night previews at the North American box office.

The previous champ was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ Part 2, the final film in the franchise, which earned $43.5 million in Thursday previews in July 2011. The Dark Knight Rises took in $30.6 million in 2012, and Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 took in $30.4 million, also in 2012.

The Force Awakens, directed by Abrams, began showing at 7 p.m. in thousands of theaters after months of anticipation, drawing a heavily male audience (71 percent), according to Rentrak’s exit poll service, PostTrak. Age-wise, 53 percent of Thursday night’s audience was over the age of 25, with the vast majority, 64 percent, between the ages of 18 and 34. Force Awakens is expected to broaden out as the weekend unfolds.

The Disney and Lucasfilm’s sequel, set 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi, is getting the widest December release of all time and will be playing in a total of 4,134 theaters by Friday.

Related: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailers Unveiled Opening Night

The story centers on a young scavenger (Daisy Ridley) and a stormtrooper (John Boyega) who end up on a wild adventure. The reboot also stars Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong'o and Domhnall Gleeson along with original trilogy stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

Prerelease tracking suggests Force Awakens will earn in the $180 million-$220 million range for the weekend. Many believe it will easily beat this summer’s Jurassic World ($208.8 million) to score the biggest domestic opening of all time; by just how much is the big question. December isn’t known for monster numbers because of pre-Christmas preparations (to date, the biggest December launch belongs to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey with $84.6 million). Instead, movies can enjoy huge multiples over the year-end holidays, including the two top-grossing films of all time, 2009’s Avatar ($2.8 billion) and 1997’s Titanic ($2.2 billion).

Abrams’ film is opening simultaneously around the world (save for China, where it debuts on Jan. 9), grossing a stellar $14.1 million on Wednesday as it launched in its first 12 markets, eclipsing all previous Star Wars films.

Force Awakens is a critical darling, sporting a 95 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes as of Thursday afternoon. And 94 percent of those polled by Rentrak gave it a positive response, an unheard-of stat. In addition, 88 percent said they would definitely recommend it to a friend.

The two films that dared to open against The Force Awakens are Universal’s comedy Sisters and Fox’s Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip. Sisters, starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, grossed $769,000 Thursday night after opening at 7 p.m. in 2,220 theaters. It’s expected to open in the mid-teens.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 05:51:44 pm »

Audio Inside Link: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=121815232161
Star Wars: The Force Exposed- Kundalini. Reiki, Yoga, Chi, Martial Arts and Telepathy
Series:  STBC Radio  · 43 of 43
12/18/2015 (FRI)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 12:03:14 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/german-church-celebrates-star-wars-sunday-122152630.html
German church celebrates 'Star Wars' at a Sunday service
12/20/15

BERLIN (AP) — The force is strong in Berlin.

A church in the German capital invited "Star Wars" fans to attend a special service Sunday themed on the sci-fi blockbuster in an attempt to attract more young people into the pews.

About 500 people heeded the call and attended the service, some carrying light saber props or wearing Darth Vader masks. It was more than twice as many as usually come to Zion Church on a Sunday.

"We were very happy to see so many people in the church today," said Protestant pastor Lucas Ludewig said after the service. "It's great that there are subjects that people are interested in. They trust us to make them part of the church service without making it too Christian or too Star Wars, but to find a good compromise."

With the film's theme song — played on the church's organ — still echoing around the rafters, the 30-year-old said he came up with the idea of the "Star Wars" service while talking with fellow pastor Ulrike Garve, 29, about how much they were looking forward to the seventh instalment in the franchise "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which opened Friday.

"'Star Wars' picks up religious images, including Christian images and maybe some from other religions," said Ludewig. "In doing so, it shows that the Bible and the Church are part of our culture that keeps being reworked and reinterpreted."

Churchgoer Jonathan Wonneberger, dressed as a Jawa trader, described the service as a welcome change from tradition.

"You don't have to take everything that's religious too seriously. Of course you have to treat it with respect, but when there's a global event like Star Wars, it's ok to jump on the bandwagon," he said.

Scott McGuire, sporting a Chewbacca costume, said he planned to go see the movie later.

"I think the whole question of God is very interesting, but getting up early on a Sunday is one of those things. But for something like this, I'll go," he said.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 08:13:18 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/star-wars-force-awakens-starts-160939923.html
12/20/15
‘The Force Awakens’ With $517M Worldwide Weekend; No. 2 All-Time Global Bow – Update

5TH & 6TH UPDATE, SUNDAY AM PT, WRITETHRU: Beginning offshore rollout on Wednesday, Star Wars: The Force Awakens went into light speed on over 30,000 screens this weekend for a $279M international debut. Along with Disney’s record-smashing domestic opening, the worldwide weekend tallied an estimated $517M. That’s the second time in history a movie has opened to over $500M at the global box office and is the No. 2 best score ever, behind this summer’s Jurassic World. Disney is calling the domestic weekend at $238M, but we have heard it’s likely to come in higher than that. When all is tabulated in the actuals tomorrow, it is conceivable SWTFA steps ahead of the dinosaurs’ $525M to land the top global bow ever.

The $279M offshore start set a new December record for an international opening, outpacing Avatar’s $164.5M in 2009. It puts SWTFA in 3rd place on the international charts for biggest ever opening weekend, falling in line behind Jurassic World ($316.1M) and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2 ($314M). It’s important to note that both of those films were summer releases, and particularly notable that JW had about $96M from China in its initial frame. Star Wars goes to China — where Disney has been strategically building awareness — on January 9.

Among other milestones, IMAX set a new benchmark with $48M globally and collected record-breaking receipts in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia and Australia.

Related‘Star Wars’ Smashes IMAX Records With $48M Galactic Launch

The numbers on SWTFA are staggering and there is much play to come over the next several weeks and around the world. Already, records are plentiful including the top opening weekend ever in such key territories as the UK ($48.9M), Germany ($27.3M), Australia ($22.7M), and Russia ($12.3M), along with several other markets in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

Other notable early cumes are France with $22.7M (No. 2 industry opening weekend of all time) and Japan with $13.5M (biggest opening of 2015). In top December starts ever are: Italy ($9.2M), Mexico ($11.3M) and Brazil ($8.3M), along with such markets as Switzerland, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Argentina.

Responding to the massive box office for SWTFA, Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn took a moment today to thank folks for respecting plot points this weekend. “To all of the fans around the world who not only came out in Force to make this such an exciting and astronomical debut, but who treated this film as their own and helped preserve the experience for their fellow fans by not spoiling it — thank you, we do.”

4TH UPDATE, SATURDAY AM PT: After adding Spain and Japan on Friday, Star Wars: The Force Awakens now has an international cume estimated at $129.5M. Coupled with domestic, that brings the crew of the Millennium Falcon to a massive $250M worldwide in just the first three days of play. The Friday was worth $56.8M offshore — a notch down from Jurassic World‘s first Friday of $60M this summer. But, the two films are now neck-and-neck at the same point in their runs with JW having stomped on $130M overseas through its first Friday. And that movie had China, going on to gross just over $316M for the debut frame. Initial estimates on the international debut weekend for the Resistance and the First Order ranged anywhere from $250M-$315M ahead of the release. Some industry sources are now suggesting upwards of $320M.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 11:15:25 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 10:16:12 am »

FWIW, I ended up seeing this movie on Friday with family - long story, but ended up going with them. Tried to talk them out of seeing it (and seeing "Concussion" instead) when we got there, but to no avail.

Anyhow - did I see it? Yes, and no - we barely got rhe remaining tickets available like 45 minutes before it started, and got the seats we wanted inside. However, when all was said and done, I just had to LITERALLY cover my eyes through much of the movie! It wasn't only all of the wicked New Age witchcraft it in, but I was shocked by the LEVEL of VIOLENCE in it! Yes, no joke - what I saw was R-rated violence! Remember over 15 years ago when Columbine happened, and parents and "religious" groups started voicing loudly about violence in the media? Not anymore...you can hear a pin drop!

And it was by the GRACE of God inside of me that not only had me to cover my eyes, but lots of bible verses started dancing in my head! Praise GOD!!!!

We are definitely in the days of Noah - when violence covered the whole earth! (and young kids are being indoctrinated in it)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »

Box Office: 'Star Wars' Beats 'The Revenant' in U.S., Storms China With Record $53M Debut
1/10/16
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-star-wars-beats-the-revenant-in-164134973.html

Globally, the movie has overtaken ‘Jurassic World’ to become the No. 3 film of all time, not accounting for inflation; 'The Revenant’ vastly overperforms, underscoring Leonardo DiCaprio’s star power.

J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens stayed atop the North American box office in its fourth weekend after finding itself in an unexpectedly close horse race with Leonardo DiCaprio’s The Revenant, which vastly overperformed in its nationwide expansion.

And globally, Force Awakens leapt past the $1.669 billion grossed worldwide by Jurassic World to become the No. 3 title of all time behind Avatar ($2.78 billion) and Titanic ($2.19 billion) with $1.73 billion in ticket sales, not accounting for inflation. The victory was fueled by a rousing $53 million debut in China, the biggest Saturday-Sunday opening of all time in the Middle Kingdom.

Domestically, Force Awakens grossed $41.6 million from 41,34 theaters for a North American total of $812 million (it’s the first movie to ever cross $800 million in the U.S.).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 08:16:47 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ticket sales off to strong start
11/29/16
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/29/rogue-one-star-wars-story-ticket-sales-strong-start

Advance ticket sellers say Rogue One is off to robust start, coming close to last year’s figures for The Force Awakens despite being the second Star Wars movie in a year.

In the past, films from the galaxy far, far away have been separated by three years at the minimum, but now that Lucasfilm is rolling out a new one annually, the question of oversaturation has been raised. Turns out, that’s not a problem.

MovieTickets.com says presales for the Dec. 16 release, which kicked off at midnight on Sunday evening, represent their biggest first day presales of the year. After only one day, tickets are running at 90 percent of day one presales for The Force Awakens. Given that Rogue One is following so soon after Episode VII’s release and also features an entirely new cast of lead characters (except for Darth Vader, who is said to be more of a peripheral figure), a 10 percent drop seems negligible.

In the first day of sales, over 75 percent of all tickets purchased through MovieTickets.com were for the new Star Wars film, and unlike last year, there have been no reported outages due to crashed servers. IMAX reports that the movie is currently dominating its early sales as well.

Rogue One was also Fandango’s biggest first day of presales for 2016, and it has the second highest tally in the company’s history (following, again, The Force Awakens). Fandango reps tell EW the company “sold hundreds of thousands of tickets within the first few minutes” they went on sale.

The Force Awakens had a staggering $248 million opening weekend domestically last year and ended up earning more than $2 billion globally. Predictions for Rogue One’s North American first weekend are in the $130 million range. No dollar figures for presales have been released, but predictions may go up or down depending on how purchases shake out in the weeks to come before it arrives in theaters.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 09:31:12 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/star-wars-spinoff-rogue-one-prepares-to-blast-off/ar-AAlt5TJ
'Star Wars' Spinoff 'Rogue One' Prepares to Blast Off
12/12/16

It wasn't an ideal way to market a movie.

Marketers at Disney were forced last year to agree to embargo ads for the company's upcoming big-budget movie, RogueOne: A Star War Story, because Viacom's Paramount Pictures already had registered the Rogue name with the Motion Picture Association of America for Tom Cruise action vehicle Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation.

After reaching agreement with the studio, Disney delayed its promotion of Rogue One until after the fifth entry in the Mission: Impossible series opened in July 2015, giving up the ability to build the early buzz many films need for a fast start. Instead, the company only was able to offer up a short trailer at Disney's D23 fan club convention in Anaheim, Calif.

The marketing delay isn't likely to keep Rogue One from warping into hyper-drive, however. According to Drexel Hamilton analyst Tony Wible, the film likely will open with a massive $150 million opening weekend when it debuts on Friday and will end up with about $550 million in U.S. ticket sales. That could make it the year's top film. So far, Disney's animated Finding Dory is the year's biggest hit, with $486 million in domestic ticket sales, according to Box Office Mojo, followed by the company's Captain America: CivilWar with $408 million. Disney's The Jungle Book sits in fourth with $364 million, potentially giving the company four of the top five spots.

"The pent-up interest for anything Star Wars is just incredible," said Peter Sealey, former president of marketing and distribution for Sony's Columbia Pictures. "This will be a huge movie, although I don't understand exactly what they're doing."

Despite its name, Disney executives planned Rogue One as a standalone film and not a sequel in George Lucas' iconic series of Star Wars films. Set before Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and others went to battle -- that is, immediately before the 1977 original, or between the third and fourth episodes in the series chronologically -- the film follows a group of rebel spies on a mission to steal design schematics for the Galactic Empire's new superweapon, the Death Star.

Unlike the seven core Star Wars films, which have collected $6.7 billion in worldwide ticket sales over the franchise's 39-year history, Rogue One doesn't start with the trademark crawl that opened the Star War films.

Disney executives insist that Rogue One is unlikely to have a sequel. Instead, it will spawn a series of standalone stories from the Star Wars universe and stars. A film about the young Han Solo is in the works for 2018.

The media company has said it intends to continue to make future installments of the initial Star Wars series. The latest, Episode VIII, is in post-production and set to premiere on Dec 15, 2017. Its successor, Episode IX, is due on May 24, 2019.

Rogue One cost Disney an estimated $220 million to produce and tens of millions more to market, but the company got a lot of help. The film was made in several foreign locations, including in Great Britain, where it qualified for about $25 million in U.K. tax breaks.

Disney also lined up promotional deals with Berkshire Hathaway's Duracell, General Mills , Procter & ****'s Gillette, Nissan and Verizon . Duracell has shown its batteries powering Star Wars light sabers, Nissan used stormtroopers in ads promoting its Rogue SUV, and General Mills plastered Star Wars on its cereal boxes.

Disney also has used its well-oiled marketing muscle for in-house promotions. It temporarily transformed Epcot Center's iconic Spaceship Earth attraction into the Death Star for holiday travelers to the Orlando, Fla., park and began nightly Star Wars light shows at its Hollywood Studios park. The company's Disney Stores held special Star Wars opening ceremonies the day Rogue One merchandise arrived.

Disney's Maker Studios, which distributes digital channels on Alphabet's YouTube and other outlets, held a contest for video creators to create and upload action videos. The winner attend a special screening of Rogue One that included a big-screen showing of the winning video.

The marketing seems to have worked. When presales of Rogue One tickets began Nov. 28, the requests crashed the server at the Fandango online ticket site. The site, a unit of Comcast , was forced to tweet it had set up a "wait room" to accommodate disgruntled customers.

Alphabet and Comcast are holdings in Jim Cramer'sAction Alerts PLUS Charitable Trust Portfolio. Want to be alerted before Cramer buys or sells GOOGL or CMCSA? Learn more now.

Most Hollywood insiders figure Rogue One may not match the mega-sized box office of last year's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which generated $936.7 million in domestic ticket sales, but that's not the best measuring stick.

"Rogue One is going to be judged unfairly against the outlier $248 million opening weekend performance of last year's box office juggernaut Star Wars: The Force Awakens," said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for the consumer measurement company comScore. "If Rogue delivers the goods as expected, we could be looking at a film that has incredible long-term playability and may have a trajectory more similar to Titantic and Avatar. They started out with sub-$100 million debuts but went on to become the two biggest box office hits worldwide of all time."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/reviews/heres-what-critics-are-saying-about-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/ar-AAlwjlg?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
12/13/16
Here's What Critics Are Saying About 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'

The next installment from the galaxy far, far away is almost here.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is storming its way into theaters on Friday, almost a year to the day after The Force Awakens arrived and began its box-office domination.

But where that film looked ahead to what was next in the universe, Rogue One rewinds to before the events of the original Star Wars, focusing on a squadron of rebels who steal the plans to the Death Star, setting up the events of the 1977 film.

Rogue One's standalone story introduces a new cast of characters played by Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker, and Mads Mikkelsen, as well as a new droid, K-2SO (played via motion-capture by Alan Tudyk). But, of course, there are also shadows of what's to come -- like Darth Vader, whose dark presence (and heavy breathing) factor into the film.

Reviews of Rogue One began touching down on Tuesday afternoon, and many are praising it as a welcome addition to the Star Wars universe. As EW's Chris Nashawaty wrote in his B+ review, "Rogue One would have been a very good stand-alone sci-fi movie if it came out under a different name. But what makes it especially exciting is how it perfectly snaps right into the Star Wars timeline and connects events we already know by heart with ones that we never even considered. It makes you wonder how many other untold stories are waiting in the shadowy corners of Lucas' galaxy far far away."

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 12:49:24 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/%E2%80%98rogue-one%E2%80%99-shoots-to-no-1-with-dollar155-million-at-box-office/ar-AAlIdHg?OCID=ansmsnnews11
‘Rogue One’ Shoots to No. 1 With $155 Million at Box Office

Disney's Lucasfilm prequel "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" easily took first place at the box office during its opening weekend, earning an estimated $155 million domestically -- just ahead of expectations.

Counting international returns, the hotly anticipated "Star Wars" movie earned $290.5 million globally as it opened in all major territories abroad, except for China and South Korea.

Disney dominated the weekend, as returning animated hit "Moana" came in second place with $11.7 million. (See the Top Five below.)

"Rogue One" started the weekend off at 37 percent lower than "The Force Awakens" debut, which broke records with $248 million in the U.S. and Canada at this same time last year.

The domestic debut of the new "Star Wars" film is the second biggest December opening off all time, behind "The Force Awakens."

At $155 million, "Rogue One" easily enters the ranks of the top 20 movie openings of all time. If estimates hold true on Monday, it will rank at 12th, just behind 2013's "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and 2008's "The Dark Knight," and ahead of 2012's "The Hunger Games."

The second "Star Wars" movie to come out since Disney acquired Lucasfilm stars Felicity Jones as rebellion leader Jyn Erso.

Directed by Gareth Edwards, the "Star Wars" prequel also stars Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen and Forest Whitaker.

The prequel has an 84 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and a solid A CinemaScore, given by those who graded it on opening night.

It was made for a reported $200 million (not counting marketing costs) and is playing in 4,157 theaters in the U.S. and Canada -- which includes roughly 400 IMAX screens and more than 500 Premium Large Format screens.

It made $29.2 million from 708 IMAX screens, globally.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rogue-one-maintains-stellar-course-box-office-200520079.html
12/25/16
'Rogue One' maintains stellar course at box office

Washington (AFP) - The latest blockbuster installment of the "Star Wars" saga dominated box offices in North America for a second weekend straight, according to early holiday estimates released Sunday.

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" raked in $71.55 million Friday-Sunday, Exhibitor Relations said, bringing its total bounty for the region to $293 million.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »

1 John 4:5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/27/entertainment/reaction-carrie-fisher-death/index.html
12/27/16
Goodbye Princess: 'Star Wars' co-stars, Hollywood, fans react to death of Carrie Fisher

CNN)"Star Wars" fans and the entertainment world lost Hollywood royalty when actress Carrie Fisher died on Tuesday. She was 60.

The actress, best known for playing Princess Leia Organa in the massively popular space saga, died four days after suffering a cardiac event on a flight from London.

Fisher's co-stars and others in Hollywood, joined by legions of heartbroken fans, took to social media Tuesday to pay tribute to a woman who played one of the most iconic roles in movie history, and then went on to achieve much more.

"She was Princess Leia to the world but a special friend to all of us. We will miss her dearly." -Kathleen Kennedy https://t.co/E96OuqnFQL pic.twitter.com/lr0rm0sRxc
    — Star Wars (@starwars) December 27, 2016

more
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: