End Times and Current Events
March 18, 2024, 09:23:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sports Idolatry - A Popular Sin Of Unbeliever And Professing Believer Alike!

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports Idolatry - A Popular Sin Of Unbeliever And Professing Believer Alike!  (Read 1803 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:59:17 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:40 am »

I hear people a lot try to use 1 Cor 9:24-27 as an analogy how Paul was trying to use sports as an edifying comparison to our Christian life(as well as a sign from God). But let's examine this passage more closely...

1 Corinthians 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

In verse 25, look at the words corruptible and incorruptible, and let's compare scripture with scripture.

1 Peter 1:18  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pe 1:20  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Pe 1:21  Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Yes, ultimately the context is about SALVATION - how we're redeemed by the INCORRUPTIBLE SEED...

1 Peter 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And as for thinking that God could show a sign by using sports? Uhm...don't know about that...

Matthew 12:39  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Mat 12:40  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Mat 12:41  The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Jesus Christ in his own words explained the ONLY SIGN he would give in this very passage.

Also, if you look closely in 1 Cor 9:24-27, the corruptible crown isn't only talking about sports(per se), but also one striving to have a successful career, making high marks in school.

Philippians 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:03:52 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:55 am »

A few things to add...

The game of baseball was founded by a Freemason, the game of football was founded by a Skull and Bonesman, and the game of basketball was founded by a Theosophist. Pt being that a tree is known by its fruit - in these cases ROTTEN. So if you think God is trying to show us a sign through sports games via 1 Cor 9:24-27? What's next? Should we watch Hollywood movies b/c supposedly God shows signs in them too?

And remember the whole Tim Tebow craze 4 years ago - ultimately, the Tebow family ministry is LEAVENED, BADLY. 501c3, NIV, ecumenical, etc. Tebow being persecuted for his faith supposedly just b/c the NFL supposedly wanted him out? Well...what was Tebow yoking himself with unrighteousness, the workers of Belial, etc in the first place? And even worse, where are all of these same professing Christians expressing concerns over their fellow Christian brethren in the ME/Africa/North Korea getting persecuted and beaten to death for their faith?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:36:33 am »

Psalm 32:10  Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:40:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:03:11 pm »

Psalm 44:20  If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god;
Psa 44:21  Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/06/news/games-football-hurricane-matthew-college/index.html
10/6/16
How Hurricane Matthew is shuffling college football games

Hurricane Matthew is expected to be severe. Evacuations have been ordered in coastal Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, and Florida Gov. Rick Scott told residents: "This storm will kill you."

In light of the extreme weather, several college football programs have postponed their games. Others say they're monitoring the situation.

Games that are postponed:

-Florida vs. LSU: Saturday's game was postponed because of Matthew. A new date for the game has not yet been set.

"We had a very productive phone call today with a great spirit of cooperation between the universities," said SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. "We have to be sensitive to the possible imminent disruption to the state of Florida and in particular the Gainesville and surrounding area."

Earlier Thursday, Louisiana Sen. David Vitter urged Florida Gov. Rick Scott to move the game or reschedule it.

"Holding the UF-LSU football game in Gainesville this weekend jeopardizes the safety and well-being of the players, attending fans, coaching staffs, stadium employees, police, and emergency responders," Vitter said.

-Old Dominion vs. UMass: This game was originally scheduled for Saturday but was moved up to Friday because of Hurricane Matthew. It will still be played in Norfolk, Virginia.

-FAU vs. Charlotte: The game has been postponed, tentatively, for Sunday at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Florida. Both schools will monitor the situation and reassess as the storm hits the coast.

-UCF vs. Tulane: This game has been postponed until Saturday, Nov. 5, and will be played in Orlando. It was originally scheduled for Friday. The team urged people to be careful via Twitter.

Please be careful out there! pic.twitter.com/K2ZKeDeC2R
    — UCF Football (@UCF_Football) October 6, 2016

-Albany State vs. Charleston Southern

-Bethune-Cookman vs. South Carolina State

-UNA vs. Florida Tech

These games are still on:

-Georgia vs. University of South Carolina: Saturday's game in Columbia, S.C. is still scheduled to take place, but Gov. Nikki Haley said she wouldn't provide law enforcement to work the game. She also said that fans were holding hotel rooms in Columbia that are needed by evacuees.

-Notre Dame vs. N.C. State: The game is still set to be played on Saturday in Raleigh, N.C. If it's canceled due to the weather, Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly said the team could conceivably still play until as late as Sunday morning

-Miami vs. Florida State (Saturday, Miami, Florida)

-Virginia Tech vs. UNC (Saturday, Chapel Hill, N.C.)

Pro football and other affected sports:

NFL: Sunday's game between the Tennessee Titans and the Miami Dolphins is still scheduled to take place in Miami. However, Titans head coach Mike Mularkey said it might get moved to Nashville depending on the severity of the storm.

Hockey: Thursday's preseason game between the Florida Panthers and the Tampa Bay Lightning was canceled and won't be rescheduled.

Golf: The PGA Tour canceled its season-ending Web.com Tour Championship, which was supposed to take place near Jacksonville. Florida.

CNN's Dave Alsup contributed to this report.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:53:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:27 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:41 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/health/youth-concussions-on-the-rise/index.html
10/11/16
Youth concussions on the rise since 2010, peaking in fall

(CNN)Concussions have been on the rise for American youth since 2010, according to the Health of America Report recently released by Blue Cross Blue Shield.

There was a 71% increase in rough-sports-related concussions reported by Blue Cross Blue Shield medical claims data since 2010 for patients ages 10 to 19. Fall, when football, rugby and soccer are traditionally played, is the peak time for these injuries, the report noted, and boys were twice as likely to be concussed than girls.

Overall, patients ages 10 to 19 are five times more likely to be diagnosed with a concussion than all other age groups combined.

Concussion rates vary quite a bit by state, but the reasons are not understood.

"More study on the differences in state regulations, their implementation, participation rates in contact sports, and local health care utilization patterns is needed to understand the reasons for the variations," Blue Cross Blue Shield explained in the report.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 06:37:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »

Nashville church shooting Silence for NFL PROTEST MEDIA BLITZ