End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:17:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supreme Court strikes down DOMA and California's Prop 8 ban(6/26/13)

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreme Court strikes down DOMA and California's Prop 8 ban(6/26/13)  (Read 27305 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:50 am »

My wife called me on my lunch break to tell me the news. We're so close now, is all I can say. America's fate is sealed at this point, too. The most powerful country in the world adopts this new sin to its portfolio? To go along with child sacrifice and all the other ungodly things that happen here? America's fate is sealed.

I thought they would have announced it on their last day before summer recess(Monday), b/c the highest profile cases are usually announced on their last day.

Which is why I was very surprised when I saw Mark's post in the shoutbox, right after I got done reading a long article in one of the threads here. I turned on the tv around 8:30am Central here, but when I saw they were largely focused on other stuff, I thought the ruling wouldn't come today(and did other stuff instead). Then the next thing I knew, the ruling came.

They were quicker than usual in getting this out. Yes, America's fate is sealed - our true home is coming in the imminent future!
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 26, 2015, 11:38:45 am »

Another step toward welcoming the AC world-wide. You know, the guy that doesn't care for women?

I have a feeling that, as this perversion normalizes and propagates, real Christians, driven by God's Holy Spirit, will be considered to be “standing in the way of progress” by their mere presence on the earth.

I'm not the only one that has had that thought.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 26, 2015, 11:44:16 am »

They will be coming for the Fundamental Evangelicals next. As we will not embrace their beliefs and ideas. Everything we do will now be a hate crime. And death shall be the punishment.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2015, 11:52:51 am »

Meghan McCain, daughter of US Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), addressing Republicans on Twitter about SCOTUS ruling: 'This is the future and everyone better now finally get in line. - @MeghanMcCain

That means us, because she sure wont say that to a muslim.
Report Spam   Logged

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 26, 2015, 11:57:20 am »

People that will kill the messenger really reveals the spirit behind it all. Always thought it bizarre that people depicted as stomping around shouting “Kill the haters!” would have such vitriol. It's not even logical.

They will be coming for the Fundamental Evangelicals next. As we will not embrace their beliefs and ideas. Everything we do will now be a hate crime. And death shall be the punishment.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:53 pm »

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/26/john-roberts-i-cant-help-but-think-this-decision-opens-the-door-to-legal-polygamy/
6/26/15
John Roberts: I … can’t help but think this decision opens the door to legal polygamy

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 26, 2015, 12:01:03 pm »

People that will kill the messenger really reveals the spirit behind it all. Always thought it bizarre that people depicted as stomping around shouting “Kill the haters!” would have such vitriol. It's not even logical.

Also do not forget, its them that is always crying for tolerance on their beliefs but not for anyone else's.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 26, 2015, 12:01:54 pm »

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/26/john-roberts-i-cant-help-but-think-this-decision-opens-the-door-to-legal-polygamy/
6/26/15
John Roberts: I … can’t help but think this decision opens the door to legal polygamy

up next? Chickens...

No shame
Report Spam   Logged

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 26, 2015, 12:11:24 pm »

Also do not forget, its them that is always crying for tolerance on their beliefs but not for anyone else's.

That's because they've never wanted “tolerance”. The US did that.

No, no, no.

They want everybody to embrace, accept, and promote their lifestyle.

That's what evil does if left unchecked. It grows and matures to a level of self-destructive saturation. Too bad it has to get this far for people to realize that sin. as defined by God, and not man, is a really bad idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 26, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

That's because they've never wanted “tolerance”. The US did that.

No, no, no.

They want everybody to embrace, accept, and promote their lifestyle.

That's what evil does if left unchecked. It grows and matures to a level of self-destructive saturation. Too bad it has to get this far for people to realize that sin. as defined by God, and not man, is a really bad idea.

Nothing good dwells in the flesh - one walks in the flesh, he/she will never NEVER be satisfied. It's quite contrary for born-again believers walking in the Spirit...

Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

Nothing good dwells in the flesh - one walks in the flesh, he/she will never NEVER be satisfied. It's quite contrary for born-again believers walking in the Spirit...

Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Without God's Spirit, people are walking around with a big empty space inside of them. Everything the world and the devil offers are nothing but temporary band-aids to that emptiness. Chemicals, sex, movies, and technological gadgets, hobbies, and work only serve to temporarily distract a person from feeling that emptiness. But it's still there the next day or the next week.

A state of “boredom” is commonly understood. But the cause of this state is not.

If people are really honest with themselves, they'll fine a deep yearning or desire for something that this world cannot provide.

“Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Christ offers us a full-spread buffet with all the trimmings.

While the world offers table scraps and crumbs off the floor.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:52 pm »

When I was a lost man, I used to be an avid Hollywood movie watcher through much of the 90's(at one point, I must have seen almost every movie in the video store) - it brought me temporary happiness after I saw whatever movie, but the next day I would feel very rotten. And the cycle would continue.

Praise God he got me out of this - b/c watching movies did nothing more than condition my mind with alot of wickedness.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2015, 07:30:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:56 am »

#6 On June 30th, an unexpected blood moon was seen over a significant portion of the United States.  This also happens to be the exact day when the Supreme Court gay marriage decision came out.  The following is an excerpt from a recent article by Caiden Cowger…

On June 30, 2015, a surprise blood moon appeared in the sky, that was only seen in the United States.

According to the National Weather Service, large wildfires in Canada have been burning. Due to extremely high winds, smoke from these fires have traveled into the United States.

According to NBC-Chattanooga, “the smoke should remain in the higher atmosphere and not affect air quality, it gives the moon and sun a rosy glow.

Here’s what causes the effect:

As light from the moon or sun enters the atmosphere it gets scattered by particles like water, aerosols, and in this case smoke. Green, blue, and purple colors are sent in all directions but colors with longer wavelengths like red, orange and yellow continue through the atmosphere and remain visible to the human eye.”

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/10-very-strange-things-that-have-happened-in-just-the-past-few-weeks

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 20, 2015, 12:31:20 pm »

Here Are The 379 Companies Urging The Supreme Court To Support Same-Sex Marriage

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/05/marriage-equality-amicus_n_6808260.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 16, 2016, 12:44:30 am »

Tennessee House Passes Measure Opposing Supreme Court's Gay Marriage Decision

The Tennessee House of Representatives has passed a measure that pushes back against the Supreme Court’s gay marriage decision.

LifeSiteNews.com reports that the measure says that the Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges wrongly usurped power from the states in making a federal law which some states were not in favor of.

The motion states, “BE IT RESOLVED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE ONE HUNDRED NINTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, THE SENATE CONCURRING, that this body expresses its disagreement with the constitutional analysis in Obergefell v. Hodges and the judicial imposition of a marriage license law that is contrary to the express will of this body and the vote of the people of Tennessee.”

“This lawsuit does not deny that the Supreme Court has the power of judicial review,” said former state senator David Fowler.  Rather, he said, the lawsuit asks, “How does anyone, regardless of the sexes of the parties, get a valid marriage license pursuant to an invalid law?"

Support for same-sex marriage in Tennessee is only at 29 percent, according to a poll released by Middle Tennessee State University. In addition, 57 percent of Tennessee residents (including 44 percent of Democrats) strongly oppose it.

Since the majority of Tennesseans oppose the Supreme Court’s decision, the House passed the recent measure to call it into question.

“I wrote this resolution because the legislature is without standing to sue the court over their decree that purported to make new law in Tennessee,” said Rep. Susan Lynn, R-Mount Joliet.

The measure will now go to the Senate Judiciary Committee for review.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/tennessee-house-passes-measure-opposing-supreme-court-s-gay-marriage-decision.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 10, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/09/austin-indiana-hiv-outbreak/82837934/
4/9/16
190 people in this Indiana town were diagnosed with HIV

AUSTIN, Ind. — From the start of the HIV outbreak here, health officials emphasized that nothing set Scott County apart from many other rural communities where opioid drug use had become an epidemic.

This could happen anywhere, people were told.

Many people here had viewed HIV as a big-city disease, something that might afflict people in San Francisco or New York. But Austin is a small city of about 4,000 people 40 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

Then in February 2015, the first 30 cases of HIV were reported. By mid-March, the number had climbed to 55.

State health officials, the governor and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were looking for answers. Few public health crises have unfolded so rapidly.

Now, a year later, the outbreak is at 190 cases. But the sickness runs deeper.

Poverty envelops this city. Empty storefronts dot the main street. Many homes are boarded up or have makeshift tarps instead of windows. Fewer than 10% of Austin's residents have earned a college degree.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/federal-judge-bars-alabama-from-blocking-gay-marriage/
Federal judge bars Alabama from blocking gay marriage
6/8/16
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2016, 09:38:52 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-judge-blocks-mississippi-law-limiting-gay-marriage-40269162?yptr=yahoo
7/1/16
LGBT Rights Groups Win as US Judge Blocks Mississippi Law

Supporters of the LGBT rights movement won the latest round against conservatives when a federal judge ruled that a Mississippi "religious objections" law is unconstitutional, just moments before it was to take effect Friday.

The decision could influence federal judges considering challenges to other state laws and will be held up by gay-rights advocates as another reason for legislatures to back off considering similar bills.

Mississippi Republican Gov. Phil Bryant vowed to appeal.

The law sought to protect three beliefs: That marriage is only between a man and a woman; that sex should only take place in such a marriage; and that a person's gender is determined at birth and cannot be altered.

It would allow clerks to cite religious objections to recuse themselves from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, and would protect merchants who refuse services to lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people. It could affect adoptions and foster care, business practices and school bathroom policies.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrists Assert There Is No ‘Scientific Evidence’ People Are Born Homosexual

Two psychiatrists from Johns Hopkins University assert in a new report that there is no scientific evidence to support that people are born homosexual or innately oriented to have sexual relations with the same gender.

The report, Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences, was written by Dr. Lawrence Mayer and Dr. Paul McHugh and published in The New Atlantis.

“Some of the most widely held views about sexual orientation, such as the ‘born that way’ hypothesis, simply are not supported by science,” the men write. “The literature in this area does describe a small ensemble of biological differences between non-heterosexuals and heterosexuals, but those biological differences are not sufficient to predict sexual orientation, the ultimate test of any scientific finding.”

Mayer and McHugh state that their conclusion is based on 200 peer-reviewed studies in matters such as epidemiology, genetics, psychiatry and neuroscience, as well as embryology.

In their report, they criticize what they call the “common assumption that sexual desires, attractions, or longings reveal some innate and fixed feature of our biological or psychological constitution, a fixed sexual identity or orientation,” finding even the phrase “sexual orientation” to be ambiguous and without “widely accepted scientific definitions.”

“Furthermore, we may have some reasons to doubt the common assumption that in order to live happy and flourishing lives, we must somehow discover this innate fact about ourselves that we call sexuality or sexual orientation, and invariably express it through particular patterns of sexual behavior or a particular life trajectory,” Mayer and McHugh write.

They also express doubt that one is born in the wrong body, that “there is no evidence that all children who express gender-atypical thoughts or behavior should be encouraged to become transgender.” Rather, the psychologists note that the philosophy that gender is a “social construct” grew out of the feminist movement.

“This idea has been an important part of a feminist movement to reform or eliminate traditional gender roles,” Mayer and McHugh write, pointing to several feminist literary works.

But they note that atypical behavior, such as when girls tend to be tomboys or boys play with effeminate toys, does not change the person’s real sex.

“The underlying basis of maleness and femaleness is the distinction between the reproductive roles of the sexes; in mammals such as humans, the female gestates offspring and the male impregnates the female,” Mayer and McHugh outline. “More universally, the male of the species fertilizes the egg cells provided by the female of the species.”

“This conceptual basis for sex roles is binary and stable, and allows us to distinguish males from females on the grounds of their reproductive systems, even when these individuals exhibit behaviors that are not typical of males or females,” they explain.

In an introductory video to the study, the men note that further studies are needed on these matters as societal declarations that one’s particular proclivities in regard to sexuality and gender are innate may not be accurate.

“I think that in the transgender world and in the world of both heterosexual and homosexual life, the assumption that science has given us full answers and it is complete, is closing off debate about what further science is needed, [and] what the nature of the contemporary science really is,” McHugh states.

“The claim that it is settled now, that the issue such as born that way, or you’re fixed, or it’s immutable—there is no evidence from that science that those things are correct,” he says.

Psalms 51:5 teaches mankind, “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” Jesus also outlined in John 3 that since all men are born in sin being descendants of Adam, and by their very nature have tendencies to distort God’s perfect design, they must be born again and receive a new nature.

“Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God,” Jesus said. “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.”

http://christiannews.net/2016/08/25/johns-hopkins-psychiatrists-assert-there-is-no-scientific-evidence-people-are-born-homosexual/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 30, 2016, 04:49:24 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/politics/alabama-chief-justice-suspended/index.html
9/30/16
Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore suspended over same-sex marriage order
 (CNN)Alabama's chief justice Roy Moore was suspended without pay Friday for the rest of his term for directing probate judges to enforce the state's ban on same-sex marriage.
The state Court of the Judiciary, in a 50-page decision, cited Moore's "disregard for binding federal law" as a reason for the suspension.

Moore's administrative order to probate judges was issued in January -- seven months after a landmark Supreme Court ruling legalized gay and lesbian nuptials nationwide.

Moore's term runs through January 2019. He is 69 and will be ineligible to run for re-election because of his age.

Friday's ruling also cited Moore's "history with this court," saying it was the second time he had been brought before the judiciary court for "actions grossly inconsistent with his duties as Chief Justice."

The chief justice made national headlines in 2003 when he defied a federal court order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from a public judicial building on the grounds that it was an unconstitutional endorsement of religion.

Both times, Moore's actions made him a hero to evangelicals, enraged liberals and caught the attention of the state judicial commission.

"The result in both instances has been a lengthy, costly proceeding for this court, the (Judicial Inquiry Commission), and, most unfortunately, the taxpayers of the State," the judiciary court ruling said.

Though Moore's defiance in 2003 cost him his job, he recaptured the top judicial post in a statewide election in 2012.

The Liberty Counsel -- a nonprofit legal and education organization that promotes religious freedom -- said in a statement that the suspension was "an unbelievable violation of the law" and "de facto removal from the bench."

"The rule of law should trump political agendas," said Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel chairman and one of Moore's attorneys.

"Sadly, today that is not the case," he said. "What this decision tells us today is that Montgomery has a long way to go to weed out abuse of political power and restore the rule of law."

Staver said Moore's administrative order directing probate judges to enforce the state ban on same-sex marriage "did not change the status quo."

"It did not create any new obligation or duty," he said in a statement. "To suspend Chief Justice Moore for the duration of his term is a miscarriage of justice and we will appeal this case to the Alabama Supreme Court. This case is far from over."

In January, Moore's administrative order said the Supreme Court decision legalizing gay and lesbian nuptials nationwide -- Obergefell v. Hodges -- was targeted at Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee but did not specifically address the Alabama ban.

"Until further decision by the Alabama Supreme Court, the existing orders of the Alabama Supreme Court that Alabama probate judges have a ministerial duty not to issue any marriage license contrary to the Alabama Sanctity of Marriage Amendment or the Alabama Marriage Protection Act remain in full force and effect," Moore wrote at the time.

Moore has consistently fought against same-sex marriage.

In February 2015, he ordered lower court judges in Alabama not to implement a federal court ruling that overturned the state's ban on same-sex marriage. He later disputed a federal court order that directed all probate judges to cease enforcement of Alabama's marriage ban.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State, a religious liberty watchdog group, on Friday praised the judiciary court ruling.

"The people of Alabama are better off without Roy Moore on the court," the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United, said in a statement. "He is an embarrassment to the state, and his antics long ago became tiresome."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 14, 2016, 09:12:13 am »

https://gma.yahoo.com/gop-president-elect-donald-trump-says-same-sex-084400750--abc-news-topstories.html#
GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law
11/14/16

President-elect Donald Trump said he’s “fine” with same-sex marriage as the law of the land, calling the issue "settled" by the Supreme Court.

The comments – in Trump's first television interview since winning the presidency – sharply contrast with his party’s orthodoxy, his running mate’s longtime position and comments he made during the Republican primaries.

“It’s law,” he said in an interview with CBS’ "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done.”

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2017, 02:27:49 pm »

Ezekiel 16:49  Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
Eze 16:50  And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=91635
They Just Released A New Poll On Socialist and It's Bad!!

According to an info wars survey on Socialist, 61 % of them live at home with their parents.

Infowars.com reported: A survey of users on Reddit’s r/socialism board has found that 61% of respondents live with their parents, 48% are unemployed and just 14% support freedom of speech.

The results of the poll confirmed many of the stereotypes attached to modern day “progressives” – that they are largely dependent on others and have total disregard for bedrock freedoms and the rule of law.

While a paltry 14% support completely unrestricted free speech, 46% support “violent protest” (otherwise known as rioting).

The survey also found that 69% of respondents were uneducated.

“After the results of the poll were posted, members of Reddit’s r/Drama quickly found and posted the numbers to mock /r/socialism. As to be expected, the proponents of socialism were shredded in the comments for fulfilling the exact stereotype that we had long since suspected to be true on the far left – they are unemployed, uneducated communist losers,” comments the Department of Memes blog.

The survey, conducted via Google Forms, correlates with a study undertaken of left-wing political activists in Berlin which found that a whopping 92% still lived with their parents and one in three was unemployed.

Despite leftists and socialists constantly virtue-signalling about their humanitarianism, another study in America found that it was Republicans who were significantly more likely to donate to charitable causes.

“Less well-off families from red states donate a relatively higher – and growing – proportion of their money to charity” than liberals, a Philanthropy Chronicle investigation found.

When it comes to tolerance, another sacred cow of the left, conservatives also come out on top.

A Pew Research poll found that liberals are far more intolerant than conservatives, with nearly half (47%) of liberal Democrats saying a friend’s support for Donald Trump would put a “strain” on their relationship, while just 13% of of Republicans and Republican leaners said a friend’s support for Hillary Clinton would do the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2017, 07:01:37 pm »

Bible Blueprint For Cultural Destruction
9/10/2017 (SUN)
Audio: http://mp3.sa-media.com/download/91017233529/91017233529.mp3
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2017, 06:13:05 pm »

https://hollowverse.com/hugh-hefner/
Hugh Hefner was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

Hefner describes his religious upbringing as in a “conservative, Midwestern, Methodist” family.1 And in talking about it, Hefner paints a picture of guilt-ridden Puritanism, an environment and lifestyle he rejected and that caused him to become the “pamphleteer”2 of the sexual revolution.3

His current views of religion are:

a) it’s ridiculous.

b) no one should claim to know the answers to these cosmic questions.

It all amounts to a somewhat antagonistic agnosticism. He has said:

It’s perfectly clear to me that religion is a myth. It’s something we have invented to explain the inexplicable…
What does it all mean — if it has any meaning at all? But how can it all exist if it doesn’t have some kind of meaning? I think anyone who suggests that they have the answer is motivated by the need to invent answers, because we have no such answers.4

So we can’t know the answer to tough, cosmological questions. Fair enough. But what about religion’s utility as instilling morals into society (for fear of damnation in the afterlife, of course)? He says:

An afterlife would be a really good deal. Yeah, I would vote in favor of that. But in the meantime, I urge one and all to live this life as if there is no reward in the afterlife and to do it in a moral way that leaves this world a little better place than you found it

Politics and Pornography

Unsurprisingly, Hefner’s politics have historically been oriented toward First Amendment rights and positioned against conservatism. His business has, for its entire existence, been pitted against “traditional” values of morality, decency and purity–and he’s become quite the warrior.

So important is freedom of expression to Hefner that he has established two awards that he gives out to deserving recipients. One is the Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment award, given to 100 embattled defenders of First Amendment rights every year. The second is the Freedom of Expression Award, given to one person every year who is “dedicated to defending, advocating, or supporting the First Amendment through their personal or professional pursuits.”6

In the realm of party politics, Hefner is a longtime Democrat–a very longtime Democrat. He said:

I was a Democrat in a Republican household before I could even vote

Hefner has given over $130,000 to political candidates and organizations–and not a single Republican.8

And he’s quite liberal. Hefner feels that his media empire has been a liberating force for women, that what some feminists might consider sexual exploitation, he considers a chance to strut their stuff and fly in the face of Puritanical bondage.9 He said:

We fought for birth control rights and the change in birth control laws, the change in abortion laws, we fought cases to give women the right to choose…10

Most recently, Hefner has thrown his considerable clout behind the gay marriage movement, making an official statement on the subject. An excerpt:

Today, in every instance of sexual rights falling under attack, you’ll find legislation forced into place by people who practice discrimination disguised as religious freedom. Their goal is to dehumanize everyone’s sexuality and reduce us to using sex for the sole purpose of perpetuating our species. To that end, they will criminalize your entire sex life.11

Keep on truckin’ Hef. You and your scantily-clad bunnies are as American as apple pie and baseball.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: