End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 01:34:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Steven Furtick Mega-Church Pastor Won't Reveal Income

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steven Furtick Mega-Church Pastor Won't Reveal Income  (Read 1087 times)
christistruth

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:36:42 pm »

Pastor Steven Furtick of the popular Elevation Church in North Carolina says Jesus wouldn't want him to reveal how much money he earns or donates.

Speaking with WCCB-TV's anchor Morgan Fogarty in his first media interview in eight years, Furtick, 35, who's received criticism for not disclosing his salary and owning a $1.7 million mansion, says revealing his personal finances would rob him of God's blessings.

"There is a lot of interest in the church's finances. Your finances and your lifestyle. Do you ever think, I'm going to release these records to shut everyone up?" asked Fogarty in the interview.

"Oh, no. I would never make a decision about the church's finances based on the agenda of a reporter," replied Furtick.

"What about your finances or personal lifestyle?" Fogarty asked.

"I know that we have to have integrity and we have to be generous, and I know the extent of which that is true for me and Holly (his wife)," said Furtick.

"So, to go on record and say here's how much money we've given and here's what we do with our finances, to me, that would be the most arrogant thing I could do and it would rob me of the blessings of what Jesus said, which is that when you give, you don't get up and tell everyone how much you've given," he continued. "So when you give one part of a picture, whether that's how much one of the staff members, what they make, that's between them and God. That's not mine to release and the same with my family. I wouldn't do that to my wife and my kids. I wouldn't do that to one of our staff members."

The Christian Post reached out to Elevation Church Thursday to see if they would reveal Furtick's salary. A church official, who asked not to be identified, said it was not church policy to reveal the salaries of individual members. The official directed CP to the church's most recent annual report showing that in 2014 the church spent $9 million on personnel after taking in $33.5 million in offerings. It also gave nearly $3.8 million to outreach and reported $13.9 million in cash assets.

Furtick said his mission is to bring people closer to Christ and explained that since he started his church in 2006 more than 10,000 people have been baptized. Even those baptisms, however, have not come without controversy as critics claimed that many of those baptized were emotionally manipulated into doing so.

Despite his success and popularity on the big stage, Furtick says his focus is on his family and life away from the spotlight.

His wife, Holly, whom he calls his "Chief Encouragement Officer," his amen corner and the truest person he knows, has helped him to stay grounded and not see his popularity as fame.

"We don't think of it as fame. See, I like to say, if you can go 100 miles to another town and nobody bothers you if you put on a baseball cap, that's not famous. That might be church famous or preacher famous or town famous. But that's not real fame. I've been with really famous people who can't fly 19 hours without cameras in their face on the other side of the world, so we don't think of it that way," said Furtick.

"I know a lot of people who use the stage as a substitute for real life. And they're never happy unless they're in front of people. And I never wanted that to be my life. I never wanted to be a better ... let me say it this way: I never wanted to be better at preaching than I am at living, and that is a goal of mine. I'd like my kids to one day, and hopefully they can, say he was a better dad than he was a preacher. To me, that would be success," he added.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor-steven-furtick-says-jesus-wouldnt-want-him-to-reveal-how-much-money-he-makes-149835/#WJwJG6rsBQiGctpj.99
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:38:47 pm by christistruth » Report Spam   Logged

Luke 21:28

Jesus is the answer for our moral ills. Conservative principals are the answer to our government corruption.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »

The congregation and staff of North Carolina's multi-site Elevation Church honored their lead pastor, Steven Furtick, with a special rap-and-dance video, as October marks the month when some churches show appreciation for their pastors.

"It's Pastor Appreciation Month, & our staff made a little music video for Ps @stevenfurtick & @hollyfurtick. Visit: http://thankyoupastor.com," the church tweeted Friday.

Modeled after "Downtown" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, the music tribute to Furtick featured a cast of about 100, who sing in the refrain: "Pastor/He has big arms/And has big faith/No word he says will go to waste/For well over 3,000 days/He always preaches down the place."

While in the "Downtown" rap video, the rapper is looking for a moped, in the Elevation's version, the search is for a church and carries an invitation to listeners to visit the Charlotte church, according to The Charlotte Observer.

Just as the Observer noted that the video could "fuel critics' claims that the church puts Furtick on way too high of a pedestal," the video has apparently been made unavailable for public viewing.

Furtick, 35, founded Elevation Church in 2006 with a group of just eight families. But it is now one of the fastest growing churches in the United States.

The pastor lives in the Charlotte area with his wife, Holly, and their three children. He holds a master of divinity degree from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and is the author of Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible and The New York Times bestseller Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God's Vision for Your Life.

"There is a misconception that says Christianity is a dry religion based on rules and restrictions," Furtick told The Christian Post in an earlier interview. "That couldn't be further from the life Jesus came and died to give us. … The more we can break through barriers that people may put up against religion and allow them to experience Jesus in a clear, refreshing way, the more we will see people embrace Him."

He added, "While I may reference popular culture or make a joke in my sermon that steps outside of the stereotypical church context, that's not what engages and changes people. God's Word does that. I don't have to make God's Word relevant — it transcends time. I simply have to make it clear. If I can communicate God's Word clearly and understandably, all people, young people included, can apply it to their lives."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/elevation-church-produces-rap-dance-video-to-honor-pastor-steven-furtick-148978/#03CFzL2dTs4mT3Sh.99

No scripture for this and no idea if the video still exists, the article speaks for itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Jesus is the answer for our moral ills. Conservative principals are the answer to our government corruption.
christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:48:32 pm »

“@RickWarren: We copy @stevenfurtick  & Elevation's habit of cheering when we give our offerings."/& We copy everything you've ever done:)

https://twitter.com/stevenfurtick/status/22203697823

From 2010, but interesting.

We need to pray that the members in this guy's church wake up.

Him, Olsteen, and others make God look foolish by never teaching about sin (or I have yet to see either of the two do so, so they might of, but I doubt it), which is why, when faced with the true, living God, that they will realize that them making a mockery of God's work on the cross resulted in millions perhaps never having true, saving faith. This is why the position of minister and pastor is a position with great responsibilities.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:00:23 pm by christistruth » Report Spam   Logged

christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:39:15 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:52:59 am »

TBN Drops Kenneth Copeland From Lineup, Will Be Replaced by Megachurch Leader Steven Furtick

The Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), a worldwide television network that for years has aired a number of controversial prosperity preachers, says that as part of its “new vision” and changes to the lineup, it will no longer air Word of Faith teacher Kenneth Copeland, whose “Believer’s Voice of Victory” broadcast had been a part of TBN for 40 years. Airing in Copeland’s stead will be Steven Furtick, a hipster megachurch preacher who reportedly lives a lavish lifestyle and often preaches man-centered sermons.

“Just like the world in which we live, TBN is constantly evolving, seeking to provide exclusive programming that is uniquely built for the challenges facing Christians in this moment,” Marketing Director Nate Daniels told reporters. “As the leading global religious broadcaster, we want to provide our viewers with compelling and dynamic preaching, teaching, news and entertainment.”

He said that “[in] pursuit of a new vision” from President Matt Crouch, the son of the late Paul and Jan Crouch, the network has been making changes over the past several years, which includes distancing from sharathons and becoming more family-friendly.

“As a part of this transition we chose to move away from telethons, upgraded to HD, expanded our streaming platforms, forged partnerships with family brands like K-LOVE, Museum of the Bible and others, and have replaced some programs with new original content from voices like Christine Caine, Mike Huckabee, Mike Rowe and more,” Daniels told the Christian Post.

Copeland advised his followers about the change via Facebook and his website this week, writing in part, “Recently, Matt let me know they believe the Lord is taking TBN in a new direction, and our daily program, ‘Believer’s Voice of Victory’ (BVOV), isn’t really a fit for their future programming. Therefore, as of Oct. 2, 2020, the BVOV broadcast will no longer air on TBN.”

As previously reported, Copeland, who teaches that God wants Christians to be rich and teaches viewers to confess away sickness, has generated controversy for a number of years, including in 2015, when he asserted on his television broadcast that he flies on a private jet to avoid being bothered by “demon” passengers.

“Oral [Roberts] used to fly airlines,” he said. “But even back then it got to the place where it was agitating his spirit—people coming up to him, he had become famous, and they wanted him to pray for them and all that. You can’t manage that today [in] this dope-filled world, and get in a long tube with a bunch of demons. And it’s deadly.”

While he said that he didn’t want to fly with a “bunch of demons,” moments later, Copeland contended that he needed a private jet to help reach the lost.

“We’re in soul business here. We’ve got a dying world around us. We’ve got a dying nation around us,” he proclaimed. “We can’t even get there on the airlines.”

https://christiannews.net/2020/08/21/tbn-drops-kenneth-copeland-from-lineup-will-be-replaced-by-megachurch-leader-steven-furtick/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: