End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:28:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

If you’re a diabetic prepper or have a diabetic family member this may be the mo

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you’re a diabetic prepper or have a diabetic family member this may be the mo  (Read 487 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:40:26 pm »

If you’re a diabetic prepper or have a diabetic family member this may be the most important article you’ll ever read…

This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice but as a subject for you to further investigate while under the guidance of your medical doctor.

One of the greatest challenges facing preppers and survivalists is long term care for a diabetic family member. Nearly half the country has some form of diabetes or is very close to it. Naturally if the SHTF, pharmacies will be quickly emptied of drugs, syringes and pretty much anything usable.

If the diabetic family member is insulin dependent, that makes matters much worse. For one, without insurance the cost of insulin is beyond most families ability to pay for it with some insulin’s costing $200-$300 per vial. Even if people can afford a vial per month it still becomes very cost prohibitive, if it is still available at all.

On a recent visit to my doctor, I shared my concern over the cost of insulin since I will be transitioning to Medicare this year. I inquired whether there was an alternative to insulin that would bring the price down…in the event Medicare will not pay for it. He asked me if I ever tried Walmart for my insulin needs. I thought Walmart? I know they may be a little cheaper on many things but I didn’t think their insulin would be much cheaper than any other pharmacy.

That’s when he told me that a 10ml vial of insulin at Walmart here in Michigan is available over-the-counter with no prescription and no questions asked for $28 bucks! My jaw dropped when I had him repeat that to make sure I heard him correctly. He instructed me to go to the Walmart pharmacy and just ask for Novolin R insulin. Novolin R is Novo-Nordisk entry into the fast acting insulin market, and is reportedly identical to the Humulin R I have been taking for the past several years. The Humulin R is near $150 per bottle.

I went to the Walmart and asked at the counter for the Novolin R and actually felt nervous while doing so as if I was doing something wrong. In a moment the counter girl returned with a smile and my vial of Novolin R and was ready to check me out! No prescription, no Id. no nothing. The best thing about it was that she told me I can buy up to four vials at a time. What else is great is that the expiration date on the vial is April 2019 (I purchased it in April 2017.)

If you are fortunate enough to live in a State that allows no-prescription over-the-counter sales of insulin at Walmart or know someone who does, this will be a lifesaver for you and there is no paper trail. The other States still sell it at the same price but a prescription is needed. There are currently three types of Novolin insulin available at Walmart. Novolin R, Novolin N, and Novolin 70/30 which is a combination of fast and slow acting insulin. You can read about each one online to be sure it will work for you. Each blend costs $28.44 per vial here in Michigan. Buying over the counter with no prescription is not available in all States so its best to call your local Walmart to check.

What I plan on doing now is buying insulin, four vials at a time until I build up a sizable inventory, always watching the expiration dates and keeping them refrigerated. Any diabetic prepper would love to have the peace of mind that having 50 or more vials of insulin sitting happily in a refrigerated area for when times get bad. This is your chance to do it at a very reasonable price. Walmart also sells every other needed diabetic care product such as 100 pack syringes for $15, meters for $9, and test strips for about $15 per hundred.

Here is a link to a list of States that allow over the counter purchases of insulin and syringes. It is dated from 2010 so it may no longer be accurate…check your local Walmart to be sure.

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/diabetic-survival-tips/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: