End Times and Current Events
April 17, 2024, 09:49:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Muslim 'Mass Casualty Situation' At Orlando Gay Nightclub

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim 'Mass Casualty Situation' At Orlando Gay Nightclub  (Read 2025 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »

'Mass Casualty Situation' At Orlando Gay Nightclub

Shots rang out early Sunday morning at a gay bar in Orlando, Florida
        Early reports suggest that approximately 50 people are dead and 50+ more are injured
        It is the highest body count from a terror attack on American soil since 9/11/01
        The FBI has suggested that the attacker could have ‘leanings to radical Islamic terrorism’
        REPORT: Pledged allegiance to the Islamic State
        Suspect ID’d: Omar Saddiqui Mateen, a U.S. citizen born to Afghan parents
        This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States
        STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED
        President Obama condemns ‘terror’ and ‘hate,’ does not mention Islam

Update 2:54 pm ET: New York Times reporter sheds light on Mateen’s pledge of allegiance to the Islamic State: instructions from spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani.

26. As early as 2014, ISIS explained that *anyone* could carry out an act of terror in their name. "Do not ask for permission," Adnani said

— Rukmini Callimachi (@rcallimachi) June 12, 2016

27. They later codified this, and advised that their supporters should pledge allegiance in a public forum, before carrying out the attack

— Rukmini Callimachi (@rcallimachi) June 12, 2016

Update 2:49 pm ET: Marco Rubio says the killer had a “warped ideology.” “Islamic terrorists need to know that they will not win,” he continues.

Update 2:46 pm ET: Via Warner Todd Huston: Mateen worked for the security firm G4S since 2007.

Update 2:32 pm ET: The Islamic State has claimed credit for Mateen’s massacre.

Source to #AmaqAgency: The attack that targeted a nightclub for homosexuals in #Orlando, #Florida and that left more than 100 dead and wounded was carried out by an Islamic State fighter.

Update 2:22 pm ET: From Katie McHugh.

Elizabeth, a woman who was in the night club and spoke with Breitbart News but asked that her identity not be revealed, left Pulse at 1:45 am Sunday night, just as gunshots rang out.

“I don’t really have family, I just have friends, and I don’t know what friends are living or dead, and it’s so terrible,” she said.

“I left my home around 10:50 [PM] so I could get in the club no charge,” she said, adding that she goes every week and has been going to Pulse for three years. “And yesterday as I was coming in, I saw the vibe was good,” she said, and the club was packed. “Everybody was drinking and having a good time.”

“Every time I go there all I see is happy people enjoying their time and loving each other, and just being them,” she said. “And at the end of the night as I was walking out at 1:45, I was getting in the car and we heard gunshots. And we just left, because it was scary!”

“So we just drove out and rolled out, and within two or three minutes there were cops coming everywhere. I didn’t know if it was an accident, or the gunshots I heard… So I just went home and went to sleep, and now I see all the news, and the Facebook, and all of my friends,” she said, adding that she was getting frantic calls asking if she was safe.

She getting into her parked car on the other side of the club when she heard the gunshots. “I couldn’t see where they were coming from, but they were real loud, like BAM BAM BAM… And we speeded out. Thank God we were on the other side of that.”

“It was scary. I was scared,” she said.

Update 2:18 pm ET: Reddit, one of the biggest social media hubs on the Internet, began censoring discussion of the Orlando attack once Mateen’s Islamic faith came to light. From Breitbart Tech:

There are reports of mass censorship on /r/News, the chief Reddit community for breaking news stories, in the wake of last evening’s deadly terrorist attack. Moderators of the subreddit even deleted a post offering blood donation advice to Orlando residents.

One user reported that he was banned from the /r/News subreddit after he posted a link to a news story detailing the FBI’s suspicions that the Muslim shooter, who attacked a gay nightclub in Orlando, had ties to Islamic extremism.

The only Reddit community where large-scale discussion of the jihadist angle in Orlando is still occurring is “The Donald,” the subreddit for Donald Trump fans. One user shared a screenshot of the top posts on the entire site, observing: “reddit without /r/The_Donald: not a single mention of the worst US terror attack since 9/11, worst shooting ever.”

Update 2:05 pm ET: Obama does not take questions from the press.

Update 2:03 pm ET: Obama references gun control and says killer used a “powerful assault rifle.” Says America must choose whether it wants to change whether people can “easily” purchase weapons. “To actively do nothing is a decision, as well.”

Update 2:01 pm ET: Obama says this is even more heartbreaking in light of the killer’s targeting of LGBT victims. Says that it is an attack on all Americans.

Update 1:59 pm ET: Obama speaking now. Says the attack was clearly “an act of terror and an act of hate.” No mention of Islam yet. “This is an open investigation. We’ve reached no definitive judgment on the precise motivations of the killer.”

Update 1:56 pm ET:

NBC News: Orlando gunman referenced the Tsarnaev brothers, the Boston bombers, during his rampage, law enforcement source tells @Tom_Winter

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) June 12, 2016

Update 1:53 pm ET: Horrific.

Horrifying. pic.twitter.com/p5XdSOmrw8

— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) June 12, 2016

Update 1:45 pm ET: More details on weapons found in California suspect’s car:

Source: this just went out to top LA law enforcement officials. Suspect w/ assault weapons, camo arrested in WeHo. pic.twitter.com/9pfBt72spK

— Robert Faturechi (@RobertFaturechi) June 12, 2016

Update 1:42 pm ET: L.A. mayor Eric Garcetti says the city believes the arrest last night is “completely unrelated” to the Orlando massacre.

Update 1:38 pm ET: A man has been arrested heading to the Los Angeles Pride Festival with an arsenal of weapons, according to breaking news reports.

Early Sunday,  Santa Monica police received a call of a suspected prowler near Olympic Boulevard and 11th Street. Patrol officers responded and encountered an individual who told officers he was waiting for a friend. That led officers to inspect the car and find several weapons and a lot of ammunition as well as tannerite, an ingredient that could be used to create a pipe bomb.

Update 1:35 pm ET: Mateen’s father is on video praising the Taliban.

Orlando shooting suspect’s father hosted a political TV show and even tried to run for the Afghan presidency https://t.co/UFVA2x0prf

— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 12, 2016

Update 1:34 pm ET:

BREAKING: Pope Francis expresses deep 'horror and condemnation' of 'homicidal folly' in Florida mass shooting

— The Associated Press (@AP) June 12, 2016

Update 1:21 pm ET:

Omar Mateen called 911 just before club shooting, swore allegiance to Islamic State, multiple law enforcement officials say – NBC News

— Breaking News (@BreakingNews) June 12, 2016

Update 12:42 pm ET — Photos from Breitbart News’s Andy Badolato, who is in Orlando:

IMG_0479

IMG_0472

Update 12:42 pm ET — The Washington Post reports:

Ex-wife of suspected Orlando shooter: ‘He beat me’

The ex-wife of the 29-year-old man suspected of killing 50 people in a Orlando nightclub early Sunday said that he was violent and mentally unstable and beat her repeatedly while they were married.

The ex-wife said she met Omar Mateen online about eight years ago and decided to move to Florida and marry him.

At first, the marriage was normal, she said, but then he became abusive.

“He was not a stable person,” said the ex-wife, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she feared for her safety in the wake of the mass shooting. “He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”

Update 12:40 pm ET — From Breitbart News’s Daniel Nussbaum:

Florida Gov. Rick Scott said during a press conference Sunday morning the shooting was “clearly an act of terror” and  that he had declared a State of Emergency for Orange County.

“For anybody that thinks they should do this… law enforcement will be swift in their justice,” he added

Update 12:27 pm ET — The Daily Beast reports:

Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI

Mateen was a ‘known quantity’ to federal law enforcement before he killed 53 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Omar Mateen of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.

[…]

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

Update 12:21 pm ET — From Breitbart News’s Michelle Moons:

Fox News’ Bret Baier reported that Florida Senator Bill Nelson told the media that he has talked to intelligence staff who say that “it is believed that there is some connection here to ISIS.”

Baier went on to say, “He says it’s not completely confirmed, it’s not from the FBI, but that intelligence staff believes there is some connection to ISIS.”

Update 12:21 pm ET — From Breitbart News’s Charlie Spiering:

President Barack Obama will deliver a statement at the White House 1:30 p.m. in reaction to the Orlando shooting. The president has been briefed by counter-terrorism officials

Update 12:19 pm ET: Islamic Society of Central FL on the scene to urge calm:

“No one could have predicted this,” Islamic Society of Central Florida official says: https://t.co/J54RiATgwT https://t.co/HZOvGb43wZ

— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 12, 2016

Update 12:16 am ET:

.@RepAdamSchiff, top Democrat on House Intel Committee, says Orlando gunman Omar Mateen pledged allegiance to ISIS https://t.co/NsNpEvx36S

— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) June 12, 2016

Update 11:40 am ET: NBC News interviews suspect’s father:

NBC News spoke with the suspect’s father: ‘We’re apologizing for the whole incident… This had nothing to do with religion,” he said. He went on to say that “his son got very angry when he saw two men kissing in downtown Miami.”

The NBC News report also notes that approximately 320 people were in club when the shooting began.

Update 11:33 am ET:

Florida Gov has declared a state of emergency. City of Orlando also declared state of emergency.

— Orlando Police (@OrlandoPolice) June 12, 2016

Update 11:18 am ET: Hot takes begin.

EVERY religion has sub-groups of intolerant extremism. You can’t tell me the problem is religion. The problem is intolerant extremism!

— Sally Kohn (@sallykohn) June 12, 2016

Update 11:12 am ET:

More from Badolato: Many of those brought into area hospitals, local reports say, were in grave critical condition. Hospitals are preparing for intensive trauma surgeries. In addition, local eyewitnesses reported seeing police officers doing chest compressions on victims in the back of pickup trucks.

Update 11:09 am ET:

ORLANDO, Fla — Breitbart News’ Andy Badolato, reporting from the scene, says the local police have swept the night club for bombs. They have not, however, removed any of the at least 50 dead bodies yet. At least 53 people were also taken to local hospitals putting, the victim count at at least 103 total. The status of those taken to area hospitals is unclear.

Update 10:54 am ET:

NBC’s Pete Williams reports that terrorist was on a “watch list” over associations w “suspicious” ppl several yrs ago.

— Josh Kraushaar (@HotlineJosh) June 12, 2016

Update 10:32 am ET:

BREAKING: Mayor: Orlando nightclub shooter used assault rifle, ‘there’s blood everywhere’

Update 10:29 am ET:

BREAKING: Mayor: 50 casualties, including shooter, and 53 hospitalized in mass shooting at Orlando nightclub.

VIDEO: “He has us and he’s going to kill us” – mom gets text from son hiding from shooter in Orlando club: https://t.co/QpOUllN0gt

Update 10:10 am ET – Find the glaring omission on Huffington Post’s front page:

huffpo6.12

Elsewhere on the HuffPo front page: “Army Reserve Major Charged With Threatening Muslims With Gun, Bacon”

Update 10:06 am ET: From USA TODAY:

Orlando recently wrapped up its annual weeklong Gay Days festival on June 6 in which up to 150,000 in the LGBT community attend area theme parks, gay nightclubs and special events. It was the 25th anniversary of Gay Days. It is one of the largest gay pride events in the world.

Update 9:54 am ET — Sessions:’More of these attacks are coming’

The GOP Senator said on Fox News:

And it’s not stopping as we see apparently today. More of these attacks are coming. It’s a real part of the threat that we face and if we can’t address it openly and directly, and say directly that there is an extremist element within Islam, that’s dangerous to the world and has to be confronted.

Meanwhile, #GunControlNow is trending on twitter.

Update 9:50 am ET: Blood donors needed.

Update 9:30 am ET:

MORE: Orlando shooter ID’d as Omar Mateen, U.S. citizen from Port St. Lucie, FL https://t.co/ekBHZaL2A8pic.twitter.com/E0cw3YAMb3

— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 12, 2016

CBS reports he is a U.S. citizen born to Afghan parents. CBS also notes that there may have been multiple explosive devices that did not detonate.

Update 9:20 am ET:

JUST IN: Pres. Obama has been briefed on #Pulse nightclub shooting: pic.twitter.com/7Jin5ZrqQC (via @abc)

— WSB-TV (@wsbtv) June 12, 2016

Update 9:10 am ET: From USA TODAY:

Witnesses reported seeing a bomb in the gunman’s possession, but the police did not confirm that detail
            Hostage situation lasted approximately three hours

Dramatic video from CBS:

Update 9:05 am ET:

Dozens of witnesses in #pulseshooting bussed to @OrlandoPolice headquarters for questioning.@WFTV pic.twitter.com/Jay6mDa9aH

— Roy Ramos (@RRamosWFTV) June 12, 2016

Update 9:03 am ET: CNN reports that local hospitals are on lockdown:

A few miles away, the Orlando Regional Medical Center was placed on lockdown, the hospital said in a statement. Only essential workers are being allowed access into the building.

Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital were also placed on lockdown out of an abundance of caution, officials said.

Update 8:52 am ET:

The FBI says shooter at #PulseNightclub may have been inspired by ISIS. More: https://t.co/8vIRiuVH3N #abc13 pic.twitter.com/n5yVFpn32W

— Houston News (@abc13houston) June 12, 2016

Update 8:36 am ET:

“I don’t think anybody really knew what was going on”: Orlando shooting witness describes the scenehttps://t.co/Ktbkn65nrz

— TODAY (@TODAYshow) June 12, 2016

Update 8:30 am ET: Social media round up:

UPDATE: Mother outside reports her son inside the club texted ‘he’s rounded us up and he’s going to kill us’ #FloridaShooting #Pulse

— Rav Vadgama (@TVRav) June 12, 2016

PHOTOS: This is the scene at the #Pulse nightclub mass shooting. You can see nightclub behind the dozens of vehicles pic.twitter.com/PccAwwjlCE

— Christal Hayes (@Journo_Christal) June 12, 2016

Alleged video from outside the club at the time of the incident:

WARNING: Graphic. video of victims outside pulse in orlando right now. terrifying. #PulseOrlando #PulseShooting pic.twitter.com/8hBaXB2ueT

— ELIAS (@wtfelias) June 12, 2016

Video of shots being fired outside of Pulse night club in #Orlando pic.twitter.com/tyWXneIR5i

— Joel Franco (@OfficialJoelF) June 12, 2016

Update 8:22 am ET: The FBI believes the massacre may have perpetrated by someone “leanings to radical Islamic terrorism.”

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A gunman wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun opened fire inside a crowded Florida nightclub early Sunday, killing at least 50 people in the worst mass shooting in American history before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said.

Authorities were investigating it as an act of terrorism.

At least 53 other people were hospitalized, most in critical condition, officials said.

“I think we will see the death toll rise,” said Dr. Mike Cheatham a trauma surgeon at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Mayor Buddy Dyer said all of the dead were killed with the assault rifle.

“There’s blood everywhere,” Dyer said.

The suspect exchanged gunfire with an officer working at the gay club known as Pulse around 2 a.m., when more than 300 people were inside. The gunman then went back inside and took hostages, Police Chief John Mina said.

Around 5 a.m., authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue the hostages. Police have not determined an exact number of casualties, but Mina said “approximately 20” bodies were inside the club.

In addition to the guns, the shooter also had some sort of “suspicious device,” Mina said.

Authorities were looking into whether the attack was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter acted alone, according to Danny Banks, an agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

“This is an incident, as I see it, that we certainly classify as domestic terror incident,” Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said.

The suspect was identified as Omar Mateen of Port St. Lucie, Florida.

Rep. Alan Grayson named the shooter, citing law enforcement officials. A federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation also confirmed the name. The official was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

FBI agent Ron Hopper said there was no further threat to Orlando or the surrounding area.

When asked if the gunman had a connection to radical Islamic terrorism, Hopper said authorities had “suggestions that individual has leanings towards that.”

Police had said previously on Twitter that there was a “controlled explosion” at the scene of the shooting. Mina said that noise was caused by a device intended to distract the shooter.

A woman who was outside the dance club early Sunday was trying to contact her 30-year-old son, Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: “He’s coming.”

“The next text said: ‘He has us, and he’s in here with us,'” Mina Justice said. “That was the last conversation.”

Dozens of police vehicles swarmed the area around the club. At least two police pickup trucks were seen taking what appeared to be shooting victims to the Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Pulse posted on its own Facebook page around 2 a.m.: “Everyone get out of pulse and keep running.” Just before 6 a.m., the club posted an update: “As soon as we have any information, we will update everyone. Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event. Thank you for your thoughts and love.”

Local, state and federal agencies were investigating.

President Barack Obama was briefed on the attack and has asked for regular updates on the investigation, the White House said.

The attack follows the fatal shooting late Friday of 22-year-old singer Christina Grimmie, who was killed after her concert in Orlando by a 27-year-old Florida man who later killed himself. Grimmie was a YouTube sensation and former contestant on “The Voice.”

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club’s rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

“I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,” Alamo said. “The music stopped.”

Club-goer Rob Rick said the shooting started just before closing time.

“Everybody was drinking their last sip,” he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth. A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he heard gunshots. He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged and police urged people to back away from the club. He saw the wounded being tended to across the street.

“I was thinking, ‘Are you kidding me?’ So I just dropped down. I just said, ‘Please, please, please, I want to make it out,'” he said. “And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don’t get shot.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/12/shooting-mass-casualty-situation-orlando-gay-nightclub/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:03:33 pm »

'Islamic extremist' shoots dead at least 50 at Florida gay club

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
    US citizen Omar Mateen, 29, opened fire inside Pulse gay club in Orlando in the early hours of this morning 
    Mateen, from Port St. Lucie in Florida, killed at least 50 people, injured 53 and took party-goers hostage
    Police used an explosive device to distract the gunman and rescued around 30 people who had been taken hostage
    Officers engaged in gunfire with the man and an officer was shot in the head, but he was saved by his helmet
    Mateen was shot dead by officers shortly after 5am - three hours after the massacre began
    See more of the latest news on the Orlando shooting at Pulse gay club as gunman shoots at least 50 dead 

Shooter Omar Mateen (pictured), 29, from Port St. Lucie in Florida, opened fire at Pulse night club in the early hours of this morning

The gunman who slaughtered at least 50 people inside a gay club in Orlando called 911 and swore allegiance to the leader of Islamic State shortly before the massacre, according to law enforcement officials.

Shooter Omar Mateen, 29, from Port St. Lucie in Florida, opened fire at Pulse night club in the early hours of this morning.

At least 50 people were killed and 53 others were injured in the shooting in the deadliest mass shooting in US history. A surgeon at Orlando Regional Medical Center said the death toll was likely to climb.

Shortly before the attack, Mateen, who was born in New York to Afghan parents, called 911 and pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, law enforcement officials told NBC News.

California congressman Adam Schiff, who serves as top Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, told CNN: 'What I've heard from the Department of Homeland Security this morning is that, according to local police, he made a pledge of allegiance to ISIL (ISIS).'

He said the shooting was 'highly indicative of an ISIL-inspired attack'.

However Mateen's father, Mir Seddique, told NBC News his son became angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami several months ago.

'This has nothing to do with religion,' he said. 'We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country.'

An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

US citizen Mateen, who was shot dead by officers, entered the nightclub wielding an AR-15 assault rifle and a handgun. 

Writing on Facebook, Pulse urged party-goers to 'get out and keep running' as bullets started flying at around 2am local time.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said the suspect exchanged gunfire with an officer working at the club around 2am, then went back inside and took hostages.

There were about 320 people inside the club at the time of the shootings and about 100 people were taken hostage.

At around 5am authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue the hostages. Nine hero officers used a 'controlled explosion' to distract the shooter before fatally shooting him and were able to rescue about 30 hostages who were hiding in the bathroom of the club.

During the gunfire, an officer was shot, but he was saved by his helmet.

Scroll down for video

Pictured: US citizen Omar Mateen, 29, the suspected Islamic extremist who slaughtered at least 50 people inside a gay club in Orlando

Attack: A woman sits on the ground outside the club while another party-goer, whose legs are covered in blood, stands beside her

Response: Emergency services are pictured at the scene outside the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida following this morning's shooting

Distraught: A woman sits outside the nightclub following the mass shooting. Around 50 people were killed by the suspected gunman

Friends and family members embrace outside the Orlando Police Headquarters during following the shooting at Pulse nightclub

Ray Rivera, a DJ at Pulse Orlando nightclub, is consoled by a friend outside of the Orlando Police Department following the shooting

Demetrice Naulings (left) sobs outside the Orlando Police Headquarters where police are interviewing witnesses. Right: People wait outside the emergency entrance of the Orlando Regional Medical Center hospital after the shooting at Pulse gay club

Friends and family members embrace outside Orlando Police Headquarters following the deadly shooting in the early hours of this morning

SWAT: Orange County Sheriff's Department SWAT members arrive at the scene of the fatal shooting at Pulse Orlando nightclub in Orlando

Fatalities: At least 50 people were killed and 53 others were injured in the shooting. Pictured: An Orange County Sheriff's Department SWAT member

Police, army and FBI surround the club after a suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun killed about 50 people

An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. Pictured: Forensics at the scene of the shooting

rest: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:06:29 pm »

Imam Speaking in Orlando Said Gays Must Be Killed Out of 'Compassion'

There is new information on the horrific terror attack in Orlando last night that has killed at least 50 and wounded more than 100 in the largest mass shooting in American history.

Sources are telling the Daily Beast that suspected killer Omar Mateen had previously been investigated by the FBI in 2013 and 2014, making this yet another "known wolf" terror attack:

Omar Mateen of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.

Mateen 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”

Mateen was a U.S. citizen; his parents are from Afghanistan, CBS News reports.

The FBI is already circling the wagons that Marteen was just "one of hundreds" of ISIS sympathizers known to the FBI:

This is not the first time that the gay community has been targeted by would-be jihadists.

In fact, an imam speaking in Orlando in April said that killing gays according to Islamic law should be done "out of compassion":

On Twitter I've noted two previous cases from 2014 in which Islamic terrorists, Musab Masmari and Ali Muhammad Brown, targeted the gay community:

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/12/orlando-night-club-attack-by-known-wolf-terrorist-previously-investigated-by-fbi/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:12:24 pm »

Orlando Nightclub Shooter Called 911 to Pledge Allegiance to ISIS: Sources - NBC News

The gunman who opened fire at a gay nightclub in Florida early Sunday, shooting over 100 people, had called 911 moments before to pledge allegiance to the leader of ISIS, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

Shooter Omar Mateen, 29, appeared to be a follower of ISIS propaganda and referenced the Tsarnaev brothers, who carried out the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013, at the scene, sources said.

Omar Mateen's ex-wife identified him to the Washington Post as the man in this image from MySpace. MySpace

But as investigators try to determine the radicalization that apparently motivated Mateen to attack the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, his family believes he was pushed over the edge by pure hate against the LGBT community.

Various law enforcement officials have identified the shooter as Mateen, who was born in New York and lived in Port St. Lucie on Florida's eastern shores.

The attack, which claimed at least 50 lives, is considered the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. While authorities are still investigating what set off the gunman, the shooting is being considered an act of terrorism.

President Barack Obama in an address to the nation Sunday afternoon called it an "act of terror and an act of hate."

Mateen, who was carrying a handgun and AR-15-type rifle, died after a SWAT team stormed the club, police said. The shooter, who worked in security, according to the family, had active security officer and firearms licenses, records show.

Records also show he had filed a petition for a name change in 2006 from Omar Mir Seddique to Omar Mir Seddique Mateen.

Because of his name and heritage, there were immediate questions about Mateen's possible ties to Islamic fundamentalism — but his father said it may have been a recent incident involving two men showing each other affection that set the gunman off.

"We were in Downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music. And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry," Mir Seddique, told NBC News on Sunday. "They were kissing each other and touching each other and he said, 'Look at that. In front of my son they are doing that.' And then we were in the men's bathroom and men were kissing each other."

"We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident," Seddique said. "We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."

Seddique added, "This had nothing to do with religion."

Driving the point home that religion was a consideration in the mind of investigators, at a 10:30 a.m. news conference Saturday, officials brought a member of the Muslim community to speak.

Police did not explicitly say Mateen was Muslim, but Islamic groups put out statements against the carnage.

"We condemn this monstrous attack and offer our heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of all those killed or injured. The Muslim community joins our fellow Americans in repudiating anyone or any group that would claim to justify or excuse such an appalling act of violence," the Council on American-Islamic Relations Orlando Regional Coordinator Rasha Mubarak said in a statement.

Seddique said Mateen was a husband and father to a 3-year-old son. The family's home in Port St. Lucie is less than two hours south of Orlando.

He worked in security and had attended Indian River State College, where he got an associate's degree in criminal justice, his father added.

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., whose district includes the area of the massacre, suggested to reporters that "more likely than not" the shooting spree at the nightclub was ideologically motivated.

"Let me put it this way," he said, "the nationality of family members is indicative."

The family's background was not immediately clear, but Grayson said Mateen was a U.S. citizen.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/terror-hate-what-motivated-orlando-nightclub-shooter-n590496
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:36:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:50:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »

Pandora's Box is opening...

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/orlando-imam-said-gays-must-executed-according-islamic-sharia-law/
6/12/16

IT’S WAR: Orlando Imam Said Gays Must Be Executed According To Islamic Sharia Law

The Husseini Islamic Center, 5211 Hester Ave, Sanford, FL 32773, invited Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar to speak at their Mosque. Dr. Sekaleshfar says the killing of homosexuals is the compassionate thing to do. In a 2013 speech Sheikh Sekaleshfar said this regarding gays, “Death is the sentence. We know there’s nothing to be embarrassed about this, death is the sentence...We have to have that compassion for people, with homosexuals, it's the same, out of compassion, let’s get rid of them now.”

There is new information on the horrific terror attack in Orlando last night that has killed at least 50 and wounded more than 100 in the largest mass shooting in American history.

EDITOR’S NOTE: As horrific as last night’s Muslim terror attack on gays in Orlando was, sources say it’s only the beginning. ISIS has declared war on America’s homosexual community and promises much more carnage to come.

Sources are telling the Daily Beast that suspected killer Omar Mateen had previously been investigated by the FBI in 2013 and 2014, making this yet another “known wolf” terror attack.

‘Gays Must Die’ Says Speaker At Orlando Mosque – WFTV 9 Orlando Report

The Husseini Islamic Center, 5211 Hester Ave, Sanford, FL 32773, invited Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar to speak at their Mosque. Dr. Sekaleshfar says the killing of homosexuals is the compassionate thing to do. In a 2013 speech Sheikh Sekaleshfar said this regarding gays, “Death is the sentence. We know there’s nothing to be embarrassed about this, death is the sentence…We have to have that compassion for people, with homosexuals, it’s the same, out of compassion, let’s get rid of them now.” When Sheikh Sekaleshfar calls for the death of all homosexuals based on the tenets of Islam it can not be ignored, he is an expert on Shariah Islamiyya or Islamic Law.

Mateen 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

President Obama Delivers a Statement:

As you will hear in this video, Obama will not call it “Islamic terrorism”, and simply said that this was an “act of hatred”.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 09:34:15 pm »

morons
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 10:58:18 pm »

Listen to the first 6 1/2 minutes of this - Knox makes some very good points.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/hate-preacher-false-teacher-steven-anderson-celebrates-orlando-islamic-terror-attack/

Hate Preacher Steven Anderson Celebrates Death Of 50 Gays In Orlando Islamic Terror Attack

Phony Baptist 'preacher' Steven Anderson has a long history of un-Christian behaviour and non-Christian teaching on the Bible. Not only that, he has a well-documented history of virulent anti-semitism. Today, however, he has set a new low for himself in celebrating the death of the 50 souls in Orlando who perished at the hands of an Islamic terrorist.

6/13/16

Steven Anderson is in absolute violation of Scripture by calling for the death of sinners instead of offering them the New Testament salvation that Jesus shed His blood for.

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.” 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV)

Phony Baptist ‘preacher’ Steven Anderson has a long history of un-Christian behaviour and non-Christian teaching on the Bible. Not only that, he has a well-documented history of virulent anti-semitism. Today, however, he has set a new low for himself in celebrating the death of the 50 souls in Orlando who perished at the hands of an Islamic terrorist.

In a “sermon” last year, he had this to say about the transition of Bruce Jenner into a transgender:

He stood up in his pulpit and screamed “I hope Bruce Jenner dies and goes to Hell, I hope he dies today. I hate him…he is an evil, filthy animal…die, you freak!!!!” He went on to say that if “you want to pray for Bruce Jenner to be saved, you are not welcome in this church…get out of here!!!!”

Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is against God and against nature, that is true. But it is also true that Christians in our dispensation are given the “ministry of reconciliation” of calling lost sinners to salvation in Jesus Christ. Steven Anderson is in absolute violation of Scripture by calling for the death of sinners instead of offering them the New Testament salvation that Jesus shed His blood for.

If you are not a Christian and you become exposed to the unBiblical spue that proceeds out of this man’s mouth, please don’t judge Christianity, the Bible or Jesus Christ by anything he says or does. If you are a homosexual, we want you to know that Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross, and that He shed His Blood to save you not only out of your lifestyle, but to save your soul from Hell, too.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 (KJV)

Take God’s free gift of salvation and receive eternal pardon for your sins now, while there is still time.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 05:37:42 pm »

John Kerry Warns: Don’t Blame Religion for Orlando Terror Attack

Roll Eyes

Secretary of State John Kerry tells Americans not to blame religion for the Orlando terrorist attack that killed 50 people and injured dozens more over the weekend.
“The worst thing you can do is engage in trying to point fingers at one group or one form of sectarianism or another or one division or another. Those are not the values of our country,” Kerry told reporters Monday in advance of a meeting with Cypriot Foreign Minister Ioannis Kasoulides.

“What we need to do is to bring people together and work to forever prevent this kind of hate and terror from playing out as it has so horribly in the last day,” he added.

While Kerry warned against blaming religion and encouraging divisions, he said that the State Department will continue to fight against ISIL (the Obama administration’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State).

“So we here at the Department are going to continue in every way that we already are to fight against ISIL and any other terrorist group in the world that seeks to impose its will or carry out its hateful ideology against other people,” he added.

Kasoulides, who appeared with Kerry, offered condolences for and condemnation of the attack on behalf of Cyprus.

Over the weekend, Omar Mateen, a Muslim who pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State, attacked a gay nightclub in Orlando, killing 49 people and injuring some 53 more. The shooting has been termed the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil since September 11, 2001.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/13/john-kerry-warns-dont-blame-religion-for-orlando-terror-attack/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »

WOW! #Pulse Club Patron Admits He Blocked Exit From Club Condemning Gays to Certain Death

OMG!
This patron at the Pulse nightclub told reporters he fled the building then blocked the only free exit from the club preventing others from escaping.

Patron: We just started pushing and pushing and then when we got that 10 second break we went to this alleyway which led for only employees and we tried, me and this random guy, tried blocking the door. At that point like I said the bullets were getting louder and closer. So we blocked this door and we did hear banging. I pray it wasn’t anyone trying to escape because I would forever feel guilty.

The trapped crowd was banging on the door and he wouldn’t let them out!
OMG!

Via Cernovich:

video: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/wow-pulse-club-patron-admits-blocked-exit-club-condemning-gays-certain-death/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 07:27:33 pm »

Did a delay in response give the gunman more time? Cops face questions over why it took three hours for SWAT teams to storm Orlando nightclub as police chief admits officers may have shot some of the VICTIMS

Police Chief John Mina and officers are facing scrutiny for the response
Took three hours for tactical units to enter after Omar Mateen opened fire
Delay has raised questions that the gunman was given more time to shoot
Orlando cops have already admitted they've learned from the attack
SWAT set off explosives outside Pulse nightclub to blow holes in the wall
But the devices didn't penetrate the exterior, so they had to use a vehicle 

Orlando police are facing questions over why it took three hours for a SWAT team to storm the nightclub where ISIS fanatic Omar Mateen slaughtered 49 people.

As the largest mass shooting in modern U.S. history began to unfold, an off-duty police officer working at a gay nightclub exchanged gunfire with the suspect.

But authorities chose to hold off on letting the tactical units enter Pulse nightclub, where more than 100 people were shot.

Police Chief John Mina has also admitted that some of the victims may have been hit by officers' gun fire.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina has admitted that some of the victims inside Pulse nightclub could have been shot by law enforcement as his department faces questions over why they told SWAT teams to wait for three hours after gunman Omar Mateen had opened fire

Two bodies of victims arrive at the Orlando Medical Examiner's Office. They were among the 49 people killed in the horrific attack in the early hours of Sunday morning

However he insisted it is a part of the investigation into the horrific attack.

He said: 'I will say that is all part of the investigation. But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, their backdrop was a concrete wall. And they were being fired upon, so that is all part of the investigation.'   

The decisions made by Orlando police made them targets for scrutiny among experts in police tactics.

They said the lessons learned from other mass shootings show that officers must get inside swiftly — even at great risk — to stop the threat and save lives.

'We live in a different world. And action beats inaction 100 per cent of the time,' said Chris Grollnek, an expert on active-shooter tactics and a retired police officer and SWAT team member.

rest: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3639596/Did-delay-police-response-shooter-time.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 04:40:12 am »

Florida Chick-fil-A Restaurants Opened Their Doors Sunday to Feed Those Donating Blood Following the Deadly Orlando Attack

Following the deadly terrorist attack in Orlando early Sunday morning, employees from a few local Chick-fil-A restaurants went to work to make food for those donating blood to victims.

The Christian-owned company is known for being closed nationwide on Sundays, but decided to make an exception following the gruesome shooting that left 49 dead and at least 53 others injured. Chick-fil-A was not able to confirm exactly how many restaurants opened their doors.

“A few members of our awesome team decided to go into work on a Sunday and make some food for people waiting in line to donate blood,” the Chick-fil-A in Lee Vista, Florida, wrote on Facebook Sunday. “We love our city and love the people in our community.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/13/florida-chick-fil-a-restaurants-opened-their-doors-sunday-to-feed-those-donating-blood-following-the-deadly-orlando-attack/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 04:42:45 am »

Mass Killer Omar Mateen’s Father Posts Video Message Day After Attack: ‘God Will Punish’ Gays

Since the killer in Sunday’s attack on Pulse gay nightclub was identified as 29-year-old Omar Mateen, new information has surfaced about the shooter and his family. Mateen, who reportedly pledged allegiance to the Islamic State after initiating what would become the worst mass shooting the country has seen to date, was a U.S. citizen born to Afghani parents.

The shooter’s father, Seddique Mir Mateen, hosts a well-known anti-American, anti-Pakistan talkshow that reaches an audience of Pashtun Afghans, most of whom reside in Europe or America, according to CBS News.

he elder Mateen is a life insurance salesman who started a group in 2010 called Durand Jirga, Inc., Qasim Tarin, a businessman from California who was a Durand Jirga board member, told the Associated Press. The name refers to the Durand Line, the long disputed border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Tarin told the AP about Mateen’s show, which airs from a California-based satellite Afghan TV station and focuses on issues facing Afghanistan. He said the father of the nightclub shooter loves the U.S.

But a former Afghan official told the AP that the “Durand Jirga Show” expresses support for the Taliban, has an anti-Pakistan slant, complains about foreigners in Afghanistan and criticizes U.S. actions there. The official spoke only on condition of anonymity because he did not want to be linked to coverage of the shooting.

The father told authorities shortly after the attack that he did not know what would bring his son to shoot more than 100 civilians at the Orlando nightclub. He did, however, mention comments his son made a few months back about his disdain for gays, which Mateen indicated could have been a possible motive.

But CBS reported that early Monday morning, the father posted a disturbing video message to his Facebook page that indicates he could have passed his anti-gay views on to his son.

In the video, which appears to have been taken down, Mateen says his son Omar was well-educated and respectful to his parents. He reiterated that he was “not aware what motivated him to go into a gay club and kill 50 people.”

The father also says he was saddened by his son’s actions during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

But then he adds, “God will punish those involved in homosexuality,” and that it’s “not an issue that humans should deal with.”

The statement, along with previous videos posted by the shooter’s father offer some indication of the values that may have been passed down to Omar Mateen. The father and son were close and regularly attended Friday prayers together at a Florida mosque, according to CBS.

The father has said, however, that he and his family were just as blindsided by Sunday’s massacre as the rest of the country.

“We are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren’t aware of any action he was taking. We are in shock, like the whole country,” Mateen said in a statement released to NBC News Sunday.

The Islamic State terror group has claimed responsibility for the attack that killed 49 people in Orlando, honoring “brother Omar Mateen, one of the soldiers of the Caliphate in America” for the massacre.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/13/mass-killer-omar-mateens-father-posts-video-message-day-after-attack-god-will-punish-gays/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:17 am »

17 Facts About The Orlando Shooter That Every American Should Know

America is in shock.  On Sunday, a 29-year-old Islamic terrorist named Omar Mateen shot 102 people at a gay club known as Pulse in the heart of Orlando, Florida.  49 of those that were shot died, and 53 were wounded.  So how in the world did this happen?  Well, when you combine radical political correctness with extreme government incompetence and the dramatic growth of radical Islam inside the United States, you create an environment which is absolutely primed for Islamic terror.  The truth is that the FBI knew about this guy well in advance.  In fact, they had even interviewed him three separate times over the years.  And at one point the government had been investigating the mosque that he had been attending, but that investigation was shut down by Hillary Clinton’s State Department.  Mateen had told the FBI that he hoped to be a martyr someday, and those were not just idle words.  His twisted ideology fueled his actions, and so the choices that he ultimately made should not have come as a surprise to law enforcement authorities.  But now that this has happened, will it change the way that the government approaches Islamic terror?  The following are 17 facts about the Orlando shooter that every American should know…

#1 According to the Director of the FBI, Mateen had “links to al-Qaida, Hezbollah, and the Islamic State“.

#2 Mateen’s father has openly expressed support for the Taliban on YouTube.

#3 Despite those links to terror organizations, Mateen was allowed to work “as a security guard at a local courthouse“.

#4 Mateen wasn’t directly hired by the courthouse.  Instead, he was officially an employee of the largest security services company in the world…

The Orlando nightclub terrorist who pledged allegiance to ISIS worked almost a decade for a major Department of Homeland Security contractor, raising alarms that ISIS sympathizers and agents have infiltrated the federal agency set up after 9/11 to combat terrorists.

Officials say Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, an Afghan-American who held two firearms licenses and a security officer license, was employed by the security firm G4S Secure Solutions USA Inc. since Sept. 10, 2007. The Jupiter, Fla.-based company merged with the Wackenhut Corp. after 9/11 and assumed federal contracts.

#5 It turns out that this U.S. subsidiary of G4S is a company that works very closely with “the Department of Homeland Security, the US Army, and federal and local law enforcement.”

#6 Mateen’s ex-wife says that he would repeatedly beat her while they were married.

#7 He started to become radicalized after separating from his first wife.  While they were together, she said that he didn’t show much interest in religion.

#8 He made pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia in 2011 and 2012.

#9 He claimed to personally know the Boston Marathon Bombers.

#10 According to the FBI, Mateen has “been on the radar before“, he was interviewed by them three separate times, and they conducted a 10 month investigation of his activities in 2013.

#11 He is being described as “unhinged and unstable” by his former coworkers.

#12 Mateen once declared that he hoped to martyr himself someday, and the FBI knew all about this.

#13 Despite everything that the federal government knew about Mateen, he was still permitted to legally buy guns just last week.

#14 In an odd twist, it also turns out that Mateen was a registered Democrat.

#15 A respected Islamic scholar was urging Muslims in Orlando to “get rid” of homosexuals just a couple of months before this shooting took place…

Farrokh Sekaleshfar – a British-born doctor and Muslim scholar – has gained a following by urging Muslims to ‘get rid of’ homosexuals.

And in April, he took his speech titled ‘How to deal with the phenomenon of homosexuality’ to the Husseini Islamic Center in Sanford, just outside Orlando, Florida.

Two months later, 29-year-old Omar Mateen carried out the worst massacre in US history by opening fire on a gay club in the same city.

#16 Hillary Clinton’s State Department shut down an investigation of the mosque that Mateen attends because it “unfairly singled out Muslims“.

#17 Just moments before the attack, Mateen reportedly called 911 to swear his allegiance to ISIS.

When is it going to finally sink in for our politically correct politicians that Islamic terror is a major threat?

There are lots of other Omar Mateens out there.  And as radical Islam continues to spread both inside and outside this country, the threat is only going to get a lot worse.

Barack Obama is a perfect example of just how clueless many of our top politicians are about all of this.  During his speech to the nation, he did not connect this act of terror with radical Islam in any way, shape or form.  But the only reason why Mateen did what he did was because of his worldview.  He felt perfectly justified in picking up a weapon and gunning down dozens of people, and martyrdom was a reward in his eyes.  If he had not been immersed in the world of radical Islam for years, he never would have done such a thing.

Wrong beliefs lead to wrong actions.  We see this in action all around us every day, but most of the time the consequences are not as dramatic as we just witnessed in Orlando.

As I have been warning about for some time now, Islamic terror attacks inside the United States are going to continue to get worse.

If you think what happened in Orlando was bad, just wait until these terrorists get their hands on chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

The detonation of a single weapon of mass destruction in one of our major cities would instantly change life as we know it for every man, woman and child in this entire nation.

The ideology that fuels these terrorists continues to grow, and over time it is inevitable that they will acquire increasingly more powerful weapons.

So yes, gunning down dozens of people in a crowded nightclub is an atrocity that is so evil that it is hard to find words to describe it.

But someday we will see far, far worse in this nation, and at this point we are completely unprepared to deal with that reality.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/17-facts-about-the-orlando-shooter-that-every-american-should-know
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 04:55:06 am »

Orlando Attack Reality Check: Next Time The Terrorists May Choose To Shoot Up A Church Or A School

Islamic terror can strike anywhere.  On Sunday, it was a gay nightclub in Orlando called Pulse, but next time it might be a church or a school.  In fact, it might be your church or your school.  As you will see below, 29-year-old Omar Mateen actually scouted Walt Disney World as a potential target before finally settling on a gay nightclub.  And not too long ago another Islamic terrorist had already made plans to shoot up a very large church in Detroit.  It is high time that we all had a reality check when it comes to Islamic terror.  The terrorists are not limiting themselves to just military and political targets.  Their goal is to create fear and panic, and they want as much media attention on their acts of violence as possible.  So if attacking a church or a school or a theme park will serve their purposes, then that is exactly what they are going to do.

The Director of the FBI says that Omar Mateen had “links to al-Qaida, Hezbollah, and the Islamic State“, and ISIS has proudly taken responsibility for this attack…

The ISIS-affiliated news agency Amaq News broadcast a claim of responsibility from ISIS for a shooting rampage at a gay nightclub in Orlando that left 50 people dead over the weekend.

The agency said the shooting was the work of an “ISIS fighter,” multiple media outlets have reported.

But we aren’t just fighting ISIS.  According to Wikipedia, there have been hundreds of Islamic terror attacks worldwide so far in 2016, and only a small percentage of them have been conducted by ISIS.

Even if ISIS were totally destroyed tomorrow, the threat of Islamic terror would remain.

There are some people out there that are downplaying the significance of this attack because of the target.  But the truth is that Mateen almost selected Walt Disney World as the target.  The following comes from People Magazine…

The gunman behind the Orlando nightclub shootings, the deadliest mass shooting in American history, recently scouted Walt Disney World as a potential target, a federal law enforcement source tells PEOPLE.

Omar Mateen and his wife, Noor Zahi Salman, visited Walt Disney World in April, the source says. Salman told federal authorities on Sunday that her husband had more recently been “scouting Downtown Disney and Pulse [nightclub] for attacks.”

Unlike the four Disney World theme parks, Downtown Disney, which was recently renamed Disney Springs, doesn’t have security and bag check before entry.

Could you imagine the carnage that kind of attack would have created?

Personally, I don’t even want to think about it.

And as I mentioned above, not too long ago another Islamic radical had actually planned to shoot up a very large church in the heart of Detroit.  21-year-old Khalil Abu-Rayyan of Dearborn Heights, Michigan actually admitted to authorities that he had purchased a gun and had intended to take it into a church that can seat up to 6,000 people on a Sunday morning and start shooting.

Abu-Rayyan also admitted to authorities that since he could not do his jihad in the Middle East, that he intended to “do my jihad over here”.  The following is an excerpt from a news report about this potential attack that was thwarted…

“I tried to shoot up a church one day,” Abu-Rayyan is quoted as saying in court records. “I don’t know the name of it, but it’s close to my job. It’s one of the biggest ones in Detroit. Ya, I had it planned out. I bought a bunch of bullets. I practiced a lot with it. I practiced reloading and unloading. But my dad searched my car one day, and he found everything. He found the gun and the bullets and a mask I was going to wear.”

Investigators didn’t name the church Abu-Rayyan allegedly eyed, but claim the property covers about two blocks less than half a mile from his work and can accommodate up to 6,000 members. He allegedly purchased a gun and told an undercover FBI employee that attacking a church would be “easy.”

“A lot of people go there. Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church,” the affidavit quotes him as saying. “Plus it would make the news. Everybody would’ve heard. Honestly I regret not doing it. (If I) can’t go do jihad at the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here.”

These kinds of radicals are running around all over America, and over time the threat that they pose is only going to get bigger and bigger.

In fact, Mike Adams is reporting that the FBI is dealing with “over 900 ISIS terror threat leads in the United States” right at this moment…

The FBI is currently investigating over 900 ISIS terror threat leads in the United States, covering all 50 states. Yet the Obama administration has systematically shut down federal prosecutions of such groups and silenced whistleblowers who tried to warn that all this was coming.

And we do know that ISIS recently released a “kill list” of American citizens, and 8 people on that “kill list” just happen to be from Orlando, Florida…

An ISIS kill list released online Monday includes 8 residents from Orlando, Florida – the site of Sunday morning’s horrific terror attack that took the lives of more than 50 people.

The list, obtained and analyzed by Infowars, mentions what appears to be the names, addresses and emails of 8 females from the Orlando area.

Whether any of the Orlando residents listed were among the dead or injured is unknown at this time.

When are we going to start taking the threat of Islamic terror more seriously?

How many Americans have to die before we wake up?

Incredibly, Barack Obama refused to link radical Islam to the attack in Orlando during his speech to the nation in the aftermath of the shootings.  The following comes from Leo Hohmann…

President Obama refused to tie the bloody attack on a gay nightclub Sunday to Islamic terror and said “no definitive judgement” had been made on the motive.

At least 50 people are dead and 53 wounded following an attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in which the shooter shouted, “Allahu Akbar!”

It was the worst act of terror on U.S. soil since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

But Obama made no mention of “Islam,” “Muslim” or “Islamic terror” in his televised address to the nation.

Talk about being in a state of denial.

We live at a time when humanity’s ability to destroy is far greater than humanity’s ability to protect, and the ideology that is fueling this wave of terror is growing in almost every country on the entire planet.

Given enough time, it is inevitable that Islamic terrorists will start hitting schools, churches, shopping malls and sporting events inside the United States.

And eventually, they will get their hands on chemical, biological and potentially even nuclear weapons.

So what we have seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg.  Meanwhile, many of our top politicians steadfastly refuse to use the phrase “Islamic terror” because it might potentially offend someone.

I don’t know about you, but I know a losing hand when I see one.  The nightmare of Islamic terror has been unleashed in this nation, and the things that we are going to see in the years ahead are going to be absolutely unthinkable.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/orlando-attack-reality-check-next-time-the-terrorists-may-choose-to-shoot-up-a-church-or-a-school
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 07:56:44 am »

Orlando Attack Reality Check: Next Time The Terrorists May Choose To Shoot Up A Church Or A School

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in another thread that the SBC church my parents go to just made it a gun-free zone. And the pastor there isn't even 30 years old, FWIW. (he got that position over a year ago b/c the previous pastor got caught plaguerizing his sermons 3 years ago - at the time, this young man was the youth pastor)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 09:31:36 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/orlando-shooter-was-gay-says-former-classmate.html
Orlando Gunman Was Gay, Says Former Police-Academy Classmate
6/14/16

When Omar Mateen — a 29-year-old security guard — opened fire at Pulse nightclub in Orlando on Sunday, killing 49 people and wounding 53, it wasn't his first time at the club. In fact, according to at least four regular patrons, Mateen had visited the club several times before, and one — Chris Callen, a drag queen who performs at Pulse under the name Kristina McLaughlin — said Mateen had been going there "for at least three years."

Additional reports suggest Mateen had created profiles on multiple gay-dating apps: Grindr, Jack'd, and Adam for Adam, to name a few. And a former police-academy classmate of Mateen's said he believed Mateen was gay and had asked him out on a date. "We went to a few gay bars with him, and I was not out at the time, so I declined his offer," the classmate told the Palm Beach Post. He went on, "He just wanted to fit in and no one liked him. He was always socially awkward."

Cord Cedeno, another Pulse patron, said he recognized Mateen from Grindr but "instantly blocked him because he was very creepy in his messages."

Ty Smith, another regular, told the Orlando Sentinel that Mateen would "go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself," and at times would "get so drunk he was loud and belligerent." "We didn't really talk to him a lot, but I remember him saying things about his dad at times," Smith said. "He told us he had a wife and child."

Yet another Pulse regular, Kevin West, told the Los Angeles Times that Mateen messaged him on the gay-dating app Jack'd for at least a year before the shooting, but they'd never met in person. Then, on Sunday, West was dropping a friend off at Pulse when he noticed Mateen crossing the street at about 1 a.m. — just an hour before the shooting. "He walked directly past me," West said. "I said, 'Hey,' and he turned and said, 'Hey.' I could tell by the eyes."

Taken together, these accounts seem to suggest that Mateen had a life outside the one he lived with his ex-wife, Sitora Yusufiy (the pair divorced in 2011). And in an interview with CNN, Yusufiy left the question open:

"When we had gotten married, he confessed to me about his past — that was recent at that time — and that he very much enjoyed going to clubs and the nightlife," said Yusufiy, who divorced Omar Mateen in 2011 and said he was abusive and unstable. "So, I feel like it's a side of him or a part of him that he lived but probably didn't want everybody to know about."

"Do you think he was gay?" Burnett asked .

Yusufiy was silent for three seconds. She glanced to the side, shook her head a little, and said, "I don't know."

"He never personally or physically made any indication while we were together, of that," Yusufiy continued. "But he did feel very strongly about homosexuality."

But Mateen's father, Seddique Mateen — who notably posted anti-gay sentiments on Facebook — vehemently denied the possibility. "If he was gay, why would he do something like this?" he asked.

Seddique Mateen previously said his son became enraged when he saw two men kissing in Miami a few months ago, but Smith questioned that characterization. "That's bullcrap, right there," Smith told the Canadian Press. "No offense — that's straight-up crap. He's been around us. Some of those people did a little more than [kiss] outside the bar."

Since the shooting, police have been attempting to piece together what motivated Mateen to carry out the attack. He reportedly declared his allegiance to ISIS in a 911 call just before the shooting, and police say he referred to the Tsarnaev brothers, who were responsible for the Boston bombings, as his "homeboys." But officials stressed that Mateen's links to terrorist groups remained unconfirmed, despite the fact that he'd been investigated three times by the FBI for such connections.

It's still impossible to say what motivated Mateen, but it now appears the answer is much more complicated than Islamic extremism.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »

FYI, Roger Jimenez was trained by Steven Anderson...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/06/14/pastor-praises-orlando-shooting-massacre/85858388/
6/14/16
California Baptist pastor praises Orlando massacre

SACRAMENTO — In response to the shooting at an Orlando gay nightclub early Sunday morning, a California pastor praised the massacre, stating "they deserve what they got."

Forty-nine people died at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando after suspected gunman Omar Mateen, 29, of Fort Pierce, Fla., engaged in a shoot-out with police. An additional 53 people were injured. Mateen was killed by police.

A recording of the sermon, given by Pastor Roger Jimenez of Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento, was posted to YouTube on Monday, the day after the tragedy.

In the video, Jimenez preached to his congregation that they should not be grieving the homosexual victims of the shootings, comparing those killed to pedophiles.

"Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?" asked Jimenez. "Um no. I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators. They are abusers."

Initial reports said 50 people were killed at the nightclub. Law enforcement officials clarified Monday that 50 dead included the gunman.

Jimenez went on to criticize the government, saying he wished homosexuals would be put in front of a firing squad.

"I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put the firing squad in front of them and blow their brains out," Jimenez said.

Jimenez is clear to point out that the congregation should not advocate for killing gay people.

"You don't mourn the death of them. They deserve what they got. You reap what you sow. But we don't advocate it either. We're not calling people to arms — and if somebody goes out and says I'm going to go kill sodomites — you don't listen to those people. That's not what we're saying."

Jimenez did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

The video has since been removed from YouTube. A note on the video says it "has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on hate speech."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 05:17:06 pm »

"has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on hate speech."

Funny how youtube doesn't mind when the hate speech is against Christians, or when ISIS's posts their hateful video's or when any liberal democrat opens their mouth.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:02 pm »

Funny how youtube doesn't mind when the hate speech is against Christians, or when ISIS's posts their hateful video's or when any liberal democrat opens their mouth.

But the ironic thing about this one is that like I said above, Roger Jimenez is a Steven Anderson disciple. Anderson isn't exactly a friend of bible believing Christians, and neither is Jimenez.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:42 pm »

FYI, Roger Jimenez was trained by Steven Anderson...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/06/14/pastor-praises-orlando-shooting-massacre/85858388/
6/14/16
California Baptist pastor praises Orlando massacre

SACRAMENTO — In response to the shooting at an Orlando gay nightclub early Sunday morning, a California pastor praised the massacre, stating "they deserve what they got."

Forty-nine people died at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando after suspected gunman Omar Mateen, 29, of Fort Pierce, Fla., engaged in a shoot-out with police. An additional 53 people were injured. Mateen was killed by police.

A recording of the sermon, given by Pastor Roger Jimenez of Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento, was posted to YouTube on Monday, the day after the tragedy.

In the video, Jimenez preached to his congregation that they should not be grieving the homosexual victims of the shootings, comparing those killed to pedophiles.

"Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?" asked Jimenez. "Um no. I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators. They are abusers."

Initial reports said 50 people were killed at the nightclub. Law enforcement officials clarified Monday that 50 dead included the gunman.

Jimenez went on to criticize the government, saying he wished homosexuals would be put in front of a firing squad.

"I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put the firing squad in front of them and blow their brains out," Jimenez said.

Jimenez is clear to point out that the congregation should not advocate for killing gay people.

"You don't mourn the death of them. They deserve what they got. You reap what you sow. But we don't advocate it either. We're not calling people to arms — and if somebody goes out and says I'm going to go kill sodomites — you don't listen to those people. That's not what we're saying."

Jimenez did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

The video has since been removed from YouTube. A note on the video says it "has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on hate speech."

‘It’s Not a Tragedy’: Pastor Who Delivered Controversial Sermon on Orlando Massacre Refuses to Retract Comments

In the wake of the terrorist attack Sunday that killed 49 people and injured 53 at a gay nightclub in Orlando, one California preacher deemed it fitting to explain why Christians shouldn’t be saddened by the massacre.

Pastor Roger Jimenez of Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento delivered a sermon hours after the attack in which he told his congregation that they “shouldn’t be mourning the death of 50 sodomites.”

“People say, like: ‘Well, aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?’” Jimenez said, referring to the 49 victims who were killed by gunman Omar Mateen, who was later killed in a shoot-out with police. “Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​’Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’”

“Um, no, I think that’s great,” he continued. “I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight.”

The California pastor went even further to say that the real “tragedy” was that more lives were not lost in the devastating attack.

“The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job!” Jimenez said, referring to Mateen, who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State before opening fire on unarmed clubgoers.

“I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put a firing squad in front of them, and blow their brains out,” Jimenez added during his Sunday sermon, which Verity Baptist posted on its website with the title “The Christian Response to the Orlando Murders.”

A video of the sermon was later uploaded to Verity Baptist Church’s YouTube page, gaining views and shares from people all over the country who were shocked by Jimenez’s response. The sermon has since been removed by YouTube on the grounds that it violates of the site’s policy against hate speech.

But not all Christian leaders in Jimenez’s community agree with the pastor, and many Sacramento area church leaders were quick to condemn his unapologetic hatred.

“I condemn his entire presentation,” the Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, a prominent Christian conservative and president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, told Sacramento Bee columnist Marcos Breton.

Rodriguez and William Jessup University President John Jackson released a joint statement condemning Jimenez’s comments. It reads, in part:

The pastor’s statements do not reflect genuine Christian faith, and as followers of Christ we disavow his bigotry.

Also, as followers of Jesus Christ we stand in unity with our nation in offering love, prayer and a helping hand to the gay community. Everyone in America deserves to live their lives free from fear.

It is the heart of Jesus to save, heal and deliver. Christian leaders lead people to the love, grace, truth and healing hope of Jesus, not to insensitive judgment.

The day after he delivered the controversial sermon, Jimenez told KOVR-TV that he still believes Orlando is safer because of the attack.

“Absolutely I think they are safer now because of these deaths, and the reason I think that is because I believe all of these homosexuals are pedophiles, and the Bible — see our culture and our society puts them in these categories — gay, lesbian, whatever, but that’s not found in scripture,” he explained.

Jiminez contended, “As a Christian, the Bible puts people in two categories: normal/natural, unnatural.”

Jimenez also spoke with the Sacramento Bee Tuesday, telling the paper that “we’ve received a lot of threats” from those who viewed and were angered by the sermon. But he stood by his statements.

“There are many people out there who agree with what I’m saying,” the pastor said.

“In America, you’re no longer allowed to have an opinion that goes against mainstream society,” Jimenez told the Bee. “The whole point that I was making is, that if people who God puts the death penalty on die anyway, that’s not something that we necessarily need to be mourning.”

He went on to say that “when people die who deserve to die, it’s not a tragedy.”

Then, seeming to contradict his own comments about the massacre being “great,” Jimenez said, “In fact, the gunman that went in there, he deserved to die because he killed those people; we shouldn’t be mourning his death either.”

vid: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/15/its-not-a-tragedy-pastor-who-delivered-controversial-sermon-on-orlando-massacre-refuses-to-retract-comments/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »

Question: "How should Christians react to the death of evil people?"

Answer: Christians are often left wondering how they ought to feel when an especially evil person dies. For instance, at the death of Kim Jong Il, Osama bin Laden, or even in history at the death of Hitler, are we to rejoice/celebrate? Interestingly, the authors of the Bible seem to have struggled with this issue as well, with different perspectives being presented in different passages.

First, there is Ezekiel 18:23, “’As surely as I live,’ declares the Lord God, ‘I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live.’” Clearly, God does not take pleasure in the death of evil people. Why is this? Why wouldn’t a holy and righteous God take pleasure in evil people receiving the punishment they deserve? Ultimately, the answer would have to be that God knows the eternal destiny of evil people. God knows how horrible eternity in the lake of fire will be. Similar to Ezekiel 18:23, 2 Peter 3:9 states that God is “not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” So, in terms of the eternal destiny of evil people, no, we should not rejoice at their eternal demise. Hell is so absolutely horrible that we should never rejoice when someone goes there.

Second, there is Proverbs 11:10, “When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy.” This seems to be speaking of the death of evil people in an earthly/temporal sense. When there are fewer evil people in the world, the world is a better place. We can rejoice when justice is done, when evil is defeated. A mass murderer being removed from the world is a good thing. God has ordained governments (and the military) as instruments of judgment against evil. When evil people are killed, whether in the judicial system via the death penalty, or whether through military means, it is God’s justice being accomplished (Romans 13:1-7). For justice being done, and for evil people being removed from this world, yes, we can rejoice.

There are many other scriptures that could be discussed (Deuteronomy 32:43; Job 31:29; Psalm 58:10; Proverbs 17:5, 24:17-18; Jeremiah 11:20; Ezekiel 33:11), but Ezekiel 18:23 and Proverbs 11:10 are likely sufficient to help us achieve this difficult biblical balance. Yes, we can rejoice when evil is defeated, even if that includes the death of evil people. Ridding the world of evil people is a good thing. At the same time, we are not to rejoice at the eternal condemnation of evil people. God does not desire that evil people spend eternity in the lake of fire, and He definitely does not rejoice when they go there. Neither should we.

http://www.gotquestions.org/evil-people.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »

Will say this - unless the nation repents, when one wicked leader gets removed (whether by death or what not), the next person to step in will be likely 4-fold more the child of hell he is.

So if anything, it gives me peace and comfort to know that our LORD Jesus Christ is providing for us, and he is in control of everything.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 11:22:13 pm »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=615162322356
Orlando Attack: Sodomization of a Nation & Steven Anderson's Islamic Theology (pastor Jason Cooley)
6/15/2016 (WED)
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=615162322356
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »

No, New York Times, the Bible Doesn’t Call for Executing Gays

A New York Times news article about the “political divide on gay rights” after the Orlando terrorist attacks reports that “A Republican congressman read his colleagues a Bible verse from Romans that calls for the execution of gays.”

The Times doesn’t give the chapter or verse of this biblical passage, or quote it, because there is no such verse. That may account for why, say, the Catholic Church publicly opposes capital punishment, or why majority Christian countries (unlike some Muslim ones) aren’t known to punish homosexuality with death. In fact, a Washington Post list of 10 countries where homosexuality is punishable by death includes 10 Muslim countries and zero predominantly Christian ones.

The Times does provide a hyperlink to an article in a Capitol Hill newspaper, Roll Call, that reports about a Georgia Republican congressman, Rick Allen, who read from Romans 1:18-32. The Roll Call article doesn’t say anything about “execution,” either. The biblical passage describes a long list of behaviors and traits — among them “unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents” — that are “worthy of death.”

Now, the distinction between being “worthy of death” and “calling for execution” may seem like a fine one, but it is nonetheless worth preserving, notwithstanding the Times’ blurring of the point. We all die eventually, but we aren’t all executed. That is related to a distinction made in the next passage — Romans 2 — between God’s judgment and man’s: “wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself… But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth.”

Religious Christians steeped in the Bible have traditionally been relatively scarce at the newspaper; a Times obituary of one of its reporters who kept a Bible on his desk reported that he “led prayer meetings for like-minded colleagues (there were none when he joined the paper, he noted ruefully).”

Perhaps religiously literate journalists would be a useful target demographic for Times CEO Mark Thompson’s diversity hiring push. At the very least, a correction would seem to be in order.

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/no-new-york-times-the-bible-doesnt-call-for-executing-gays/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 09:04:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:18 pm »

I think we all saw this coming 3-4 years ago - eventually Obama and his minions were eventually going to stab the sodomite movement in the back, and that by using Islam. And Islam doesn't like women either, much less the feminist movement.

And speaking of the feminist movement - who would have thought that DONALD TRUMP is NOW THE pro-feminist/pro-gay candidate...even more so than Hillary!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 05:50:58 pm »

Muslim Youth League Calls for Massacre at Gay Rights Parade

The Anatolia Muslim Youth Association called for an “intervention” this week against the upcoming gay rights parade in Istanbul. The youth group said either the authorities call off the parade or they will “perform their duties” against the gays.

The Muslim youth group members were also upset the parade was scheduled during the holy month of Ramadan.
The Hurriyet Daily reported:

At a time when the world is mourning the massacre of 49 people at a gay night club in Orlando, a new massacre is being brewed by Islamists and a far-right nationalist group in Istanbul.

One day after a group called the Anatolia Muslim Youth Association (MAG) called for an “intervention” against the “immoral” LGBT Pride March to be held on June 26 in Istanbul’s Taksim, the Alperen Hearths, an ultranationalist youth organization linked to the nationalist Great Union Party (BBP), threatened on June 14 to “take all risks necessary to stop the march.”

Vowing not to allow “immoral people to perform their fantasies,” the organization’s Istanbul provincial head, Kürşat Mican, told journalists that the Alperen Hearths vowed to give a “very clear and harsh response” if the state did not interfere.

“They can do whatever they want by gathering somewhere, but we definitely don’t want them to walk naked on the sacred soil of our country in the blessed month of Ramadan,” Mican said, playing the sure-to-work Ramadan card.

“Dear state officials, who close your eyes and ears to this immorality and allow this, we are calling on you to perform your duties to stop this immorality. Otherwise the Alperen Hearths, who are the representatives of the people, will perform their duties on this soil, which was passed to us from our ancestors,” he added.

But Obama and Democrats believe it’s a gun control problem.

UPDATE: Turkish officials called off the parade citing security concerns.
Islamists win.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/muslim-youth-league-calls-massacre-gay-rights-parade/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: