End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:11:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How many versions of the Bible do we need?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many versions of the Bible do we need?  (Read 1516 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »

the Bible loses its identity as the authoritative word of God and becomes something trivial, on par with shoes for hikers or luggage for the international set

How many versions of the Bible do we need?

If you stacked all the Bibles sitting in American homes, the tower would rise 29 million feet, almost 1,000 times the height of Mount Everest.

More than 90 percent of American households own a Bible, and the average family owns three, according to pollsters at the Barna Group. The American Bible Society hands out 5 million copies each year; 1.5 billion Gideon Bibles wait in hotel rooms worldwide.

Scripture outsells the latest diet fads, murder mysteries and celebrity bios year after year. Evangelical publishers alone sold an estimated 20 million Bibles in recession-battered 2009, raking in about $500 million in sales, according to Michael Covington, information and education director of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association.

“Bibles are in many ways a cash cow,” said Phyllis Tickle, a former longtime religion editor at Publishers Weekly. “The Bible is the mainstay of many a publishing program.”

However, some Christian scholars wonder whether that popularity can sometimes be a bad thing, as a major new translation and waves of books marking the 400th anniversary of the venerable King James Bible inundate the market this fall.

The many translations and “niche Bibles” (think, “The Holy Bible: Stock Car Racing Edition”) sow confusion and division among Christians, invite ridicule from relativists and risk reducing God’s word to just another personal-shopping preference, the scholars say.

“I think we are drifting more and more to a diverse Babel of translations,” said David Lyle Jeffrey, former provost of Baylor University and an expert on biblical translations. Jeffrey thinks Americans need a “common Bible” — a role the King James version played for centuries — to communicate the grandeur of Scripture without reducing it to “shopping-center-level” discourse.

“When we have so much diversity, we lose our common voice,” he said. “It is in effect moving away from a common membership in the body of Christ into disparate, confusing misrepresentations of the rich wisdom of Scripture, which ought to unify us.”

Leland Ryken, an English professor at Wheaton College, a leading evangelical school in Illinois, was more blunt.

“When there is wide divergence among Bible translations, readers have no way of knowing what the original text really says,” Ryken said. “It’s like being given four different scores for the same football game or three contradictory directions for getting to a town in the middle of the state.”

Christian publishers, meanwhile, say they have an obligation — even a divine calling — to make Scripture ready and readable to as many people as possible.

Despite the Bible’s ubiquity, Americans are not necessarily reading or absorbing Scripture, said Paul Franklyn, associate publisher of the Common English Bible, a new translation sponsored by five mainline Protestant publishers.

For example, half of Christians cannot name the four Gospels; a third cannot identify Genesis as the Bible’s first book, according to a recent study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life.

The new Common English Bible aims to present an easy-to-read translation from the “theological center,” Franklyn said. Its New Testament debuts this fall; the entire Bible is due next year.

Despite the profitability of Bible publishing, penetrating the crowded market is a “big risk,” requiring equal parts scholarship and salesmanship, Franklyn said. The Common English Bible publishers spent $1 million on the translation and will dole out another $3 million to get people to “pay attention” to it, he said.

Scholars estimate that at least 200 English translations have been published since 1900, many of them revisions of earlier texts. Sorting out the differences between the New American Bible and New American Standard Bible, for example, can be daunting for even experienced readers.

The market can be so confusing and crowded that half of customers who visit Christian stores to buy a Bible leave without one, according to a study presented to Christian retailers in 2006.

“Heck, I’m overwhelmed, and I’m supposed to know what the hee-haw I’m doing,” Tickle said, author of “The Great Emergence,” a well-regarded book on the future of Christianity.

There’s even a cottage industry of experts to help people choose a Bible. Paul Wegner, a professor at Phoenix Seminary in Arizona who conducts church conferences about the Bible, says Christians constantly ask why there are so many different Bibles, and which is the “right” one. “People almost throw up their hands, there are so many Bibles out there,” he said. “Maybe they’ve created a market for me.”

To counter consumer confusion, publishers began marketing Bibles based on “felt needs,” or secular interests, said Andy Butcher, an editor at the journal Christian Retailing.

Christian publisher Zondervan’s 2010 catalog of Bibles (“The Book of Good Books”) runs 223 pages and includes Bibles tailored toward black children, students, spiritual seekers, women with cancer, busy dads, new moms, recovering addicts, surfers, grandmothers and camouflage enthusiasts.

Tim Jordan, a marketing manager at B&H Publishing Group, a leading Christian publisher that sells niche Bibles, compared them to conversation starters. “It’s just being smart about where people are at and trying to meet them there,” he said. “We need to engage people into the Bible.”

Ryken, however, suspects publishers’ motives may be more economic than spiritual.

By definition, niche Bibles are designed to corner a market segment, he said. In the process, “the Bible loses its identity as the authoritative word of God and becomes something trivial, on par with shoes for hikers or luggage for the international set.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/22/2344206/how-many-versions-of-the-bible.html#ixzz13kp5tYaB
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:32:27 am »

Without question, I see no need for any "new" version beyond 1769, and I can even make a case nothing beyond 1612 with the use of Roman type. What's so hard about reading this...

"For God so loued ye world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life." John 3:16 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:29 pm »

It's Like Daring God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbRXkT0oosY&list=UUJq7K6IzrYkFCLhpeLiOy7A

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

But some Bibles change that!

VLOG #4: When we elevate our words to the level of scripture, it's like daring God to be angry. Look how 9 Bible versions reject God's words and substitute their own. See what "repent" truly means and how these versions have completely changed faith into a work. It's so important to know the difference. God bless you as you view.

David W. Daniels
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:20:16 am »

^^ Very good video - no wonder why the modern-day pastor either/and acts self-righteous, or focuses on trying to do "good works" for the community, or just doesn't say a word over the Christian's daily struggle with the flesh as Paul says in Romans 7 and Galatians 5.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:08:09 am »

Well, about my dad's former graduate student I talked about in other threads that attended our church's Wednesday night services for awhile when he was here - he was given one of those Vatican perversions, and apparently while I don't know if he read it or not, he still appreciated it.

Again, more rotten fruit from these non-KJV perversions - it's gotten to a point where the modern-day church is arm-in-arm with the world, largely thanks to these perverted bibles.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:14:22 am »

Well, about my dad's former graduate student I talked about in other threads that attended our church's Wednesday night services for awhile when he was here - he was given one of those Vatican perversions, and apparently while I don't know if he read it or not, he still appreciated it.

Again, more rotten fruit from these non-KJV perversions - it's gotten to a point where the modern-day church is arm-in-arm with the world, largely thanks to these perverted bibles.

These perverted bibles have come across because the modern church is trying to please the world rather than please God. They think that if they can come up with some book that the world will find "easier to like" then the world will more likely embrace Christianity. Well it has come to a scenario where the modern day church has compromised and they look no different to the world. Lost people have a very difficult time coming across Christian men and women who are standing with the truth of the KJV Bible. These lost people need to see real Christians in action! reading the bible in public, praying before meals, handing out tracts, these are things that make a Christian have a good testimony (good report).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:31 am »

reading the bible in public, praying before meals, handing out tracts, these are things that make a Christian have a good testimony (good report).

Can't agree with the tracks part, but yes, real Christians do things differently than fake church-goers. But then real believers know it's not about what others think. It's about pleasing God, not men, in public or private.

Before meals? More traditions of men. All scripture says is, "...if it be received with thanksgiving". Thankful yes, in everything. But open prayers is not doctrinal, so one should never see a believer praying, ever.

They think that if they can come up with some book that the world will find "easier to like" then the world will more likely embrace Christianity.

More "works" mentality. People whine they cannot read or understand the KJB, so they look to other books for understanding, when understanding comes from the Spirit, no matter what your reading. And that is a result of "preachers" not teaching their flock.

They think they must make things similar to the world so unbelievers might be more receptive to church. THAT is a lack of faith, period, driven by the love of money.

These lost people need to see real Christians in action!

Not true, sorry. That is a vain attitude. We should not be looking to man, but to God. Yes, believers are to be an "ensample", but always the glory goes to God.

The leaven of churchianity has infected more people than we realize, and it's showing.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:17 am »

okay your not gettin what i said so i will provide bible verses with my quotes:

reading the bible in public, praying before meals, handing out tracts, these are things that make a Christian have a good testimony (good report).

Yes that is right see:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

3 John 1:12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

Philippians 4:8   Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

They think that if they can come up with some book that the world will find "easier to like" then the world will more likely embrace Christianity.

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

These lost people need to see real Christians in action!

What i meant was in preaching:

Romans 10:14   How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:10:54 pm »

Oh, I get exactly what you said. And God willing, I'll make myself more clear...

Yes that is right see:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Not being ashamed has nothing to do with reading in pubic, praying before meals, or handing out tracks. So while a person may not feel shame for what they are doing, that' doesn't make it correct. All that verse says is that the believer has no shame for what they believe.

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Yes, indeed, men should pray everywhere, without ceasing. Does that verse say anything about in public? Nope, it does not. Jesus says to enter into your closet, and pray in secret, why? So the Father will reward you openly, so that God gets the glory, not you for your outward praying, which as scripture says, is to be seen of men. Our own righteousness is as "filthy rages". So then how do you suppose one's praying in public will benefit anyone but themselves? It won't. Man looks on the outward appearance, because of their own vanity and pride. They truly want to be seen of men, and thought of in a good light. And that is motivated by the "pride of life".

I bet my life that if you do as the Holy Ghost leads you, you WILL have a good report. Your "good works" WILL be there, even though you may not even realize the good works you do day to day. Jesus says so.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Take a moment to really think about that verse. Ask God to reveal to you the FULL meaning of it. Does it mean we are to be constantly in prayer? If so, then how are we to do anything else? We must eat, sleep, etc., right?

If we are to take that verse literally, in the context it has been promoted by many, then we all fail to meet that exhortation because we don't spend every second of our lives in prayer, as is commonly understood as prayer, now do we? If we did that literally, we might as well go to a cave, sit down and start praying for the rest of our lives. So are we to really pray without ceasing as stated? Yes, but one must understand what prayer really is for that verse to be possible.

I believe, that prayer is nothing more than talking to God. It's constantly being aware that God is present by His Spirit in us, and as a result, consciously "talking" to the Spirit, looking to Him in our thoughts for direction in everything we do in our lives in the flesh.

Scripture says that you have "an unction from the Holy One, and knoweth all things". THAT is His Spirit, the Comforter, within us that is telling us by bringing to our remembrance His Word, such as you see something and think you'd like to have it, but in your mind I have zero doubt the Spirit will remind you, "Thou Shalt not covet", "Be content with such things as ye have", etc. God DOES NOT forsake His own. Just talk to Him. "Pray without ceasing" is also a commandment, a decree by God that His people will in fact do that very thing, as it is written.

3 John 1:12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

Good for Demetrius, as that confirms scripture to be true. Thank you Jesus!

So what do you think they are bearing record of? What record are they talking about? I believe that the "record" they bear is the Word of God, the gospel of Jesus Christ. The only action of theirs they are talking about is their efforts to bear THE record of Jesus to all who would listen. And indeed, we do know that their record is true, as we know the Word to be true.

Philippians 4:8   Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Without question the only good report is the Word of God. "these things" are the Word. The Word is of good report, not the actions of a man. We don't seek praise for our actions, as that is in effect working for filthy lucre, expecting something in return for our charity, even if it's just a desire for men to think well of you.

"If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities." 2 Corinthians 11:30 (KJB)

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

Notice that was a specific scenario, and not a common every day thing. They needed somebody to oversee affairs, a specific task, and they needed people of good report, so then they had to decide what men had a good report. The men selected didn't choose to be of good report, they were considered by others to be so. They didn't seek to be considered, and that in part is the good report because the gospel doesn't "seek it's own, but every man another's wealth".

"[Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits." Romans 12:16 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 04:05:29 am »

"[Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits." Romans 12:16 (KJB)

Amen
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 01:06:19 pm »

I know a lady from Africa(who comes a couple of times a year here in North Texas to see her son in college) who's also a professing Christian. She holds to the King James Bible. Last year I talked with her about this, and told her how the other perversions like the NIV are linked to the Alexandrian texts started by Wescott and Hort, 2 high level Roman Catholics and occultists, in the 19th century. I went on to tell her how they had ties to Charles Darwin, Theosophical Society founder PL Blavatsky, and how Adolf Hitler and his N@zi Germany minions held to Blavatsky's teachings.

She nodded her head in response, but nonetheless she really had no idea what I was talking about. Here's the point I'm trying to make - you know how all of these "missionary" ministries churches in America are sent out to 3rd world countries like those in Africa?

Honestly, b/c a lot of these 3rd world/developing countries have limited resources, they just don't appear to have all of these "goodies", and that includes the mass marketing of these "Christian" books, and even all of these "variety" of bible versions. So it seems like the KJB is pretty much the only thing they have. Which is a GOOD thing.

However, when these "missionary" ministries from churches in America go to these countries, GUESS WHICH bible versions do they bring with them? I know there's the love of money factor over why they do these "missionaries", but nonetheless there also seems to be another sinister agenda over why they do it(ie-to infiltrate with leaven like THIS).

Anyhow - this is from what I've observed, it seems. Also - speaking of these "missionary" ministries, one of the things they do is get together with people in these villages and engage in arts and crafts(drawing pictures, doing these "coloring books", etc). I don't know, but doesn't this seem like mysticism? I'm asking b/c the Emergent Church does nonsense like have people draw pictures IMAGINING what's talked about in the bible and what Jesus said and did - it seems like these "missionary" ministries have been doing the same thing for years.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 07:05:08 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:25:58 am »

As we all know, the NIV bible was put on the market in 1978. It focuses a lot on the "prosperity gospel"(No, Joel Osteen/Kenneth Copeland aren't the people who made it up, like many are made to believe, although they're working overtime to promote it now).

Ultimately - the whole "consumerism" economy started in the 1980's under Ronald Reagan. This "consumerism" economy is rooted in Babylonianism idolatry. No coincidence that the NIV bible and the start of the "consumerism" economy happened around the same time.

Judgment must begin at the house of the Lord...

Matthew 9:3  And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
Mat 9:4  And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
Mat 9:5  For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
Mat 9:6  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »

This "consumerism" economy is rooted in Babylonianism idolatry.

Ultimately, the roots are "the love of money"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 05:03:05 am »

i'm getting my head around this by Pastor Greg Miller:

"God wrote Israel a "bill of divorcement" (Isaiah 50:11). In Greek, this is repeated by Jesus in Mark 10:4 as βιβλίον ἀποστάσιον: "Apostate Bible" in English.

Mark 10:4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.

This final generation is building a false church (Luke 18:8), rejecting God's words (Amos 8:11) and God is spuing them out (Revelation 3:14-18) by giving them an "Apostate Bible", βιβλίον ἀποστάσιον.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Just as he prepares His final dealings with Israel (Revelation 12) to save a remnant as He returns (Romans 11:25-27).

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Now, there's a Greek NUGGET!"

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:06:04 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 12:22:09 pm »

Yeah - these false bibles have played a large role. This "church planting" movement has played a big role too, but nonetheless, those false bible versions give you the impression that you can lose your salvation. No wonder why the modern-day church system is so works-based.

What was Miller trying to say, BTW?
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 04:56:32 am »

What was Miller trying to say, BTW?

"This final generation is building a false church (Luke 18:8), rejecting God's words (Amos 8:11) and God is spuing them out (Revelation 3:14-18) by giving them an "Apostate Bible", βιβλίον ἀποστάσιον."

The "false church" do not have the real words of God. See:

Matthew Chapter 5: The Sermon on the Mount

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:08:22 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:57:07 pm »

This video presentation is about Freemasonry - however, am posting this here b/c look at some of the stuff found in this cult that is found in the NIV!

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 02:37:50 pm »

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but will admit that the more I've studied this bible version issue, and the more I've observed Churchianity activities the last couple of years, the more the Lord has shown me all of the bondage and deception the modern-day church system has been put under b/c of these false perversions(Yes, 501c3 has played a big part too, but just pointing this one out).

Here are some examples...

1) You ALMOST NEVER hear them talk about how Jesus' BLOOD cleanseth and covereth our sins.

2) Some of them will ALMOST ALWAYS warn the congregation of (professing)believers over sin and the wrath to come, even though scripture clearly stresses to edify one another, and that we are not under the law, and not appointed to wrath.

3) Some will get obsessed over individual sins, warning don't do this sin or that - when Jesus Christ says if you break one law, you break them all.

4) They overemphasize the 10 commandments, even though scripture clearly says it was a covenant made to ISRAEL at Mt. Sinai(which Jesus Christ did away with by nailing them to the cross).

5) They don't know how the devil operates - they think he(and his minions) are always around you tempting you to sin, and to distract, harass, and even possess you at other times...when scripture makes it clear that the wicked one cannot touch you, and that your struggles with sin come from your flesh(where no good thing dwelleth).

6) They are commanded to get on their knees and pray to God for at least 1 hour a day.

7) Last, but not least, we always have to assume that the pastor is God's anointed, so therefore he was appointed there by God b/c somehow he earned his way there(by not sinning and other good works). And this DESPITE the fact that a poll was taken among pastors recently, and the majority of them average a 7 minute prayer time daily(See #6 for their hypocrisy).

Ultimately, as you can see - the NIV and other perversions have done quite a bit of damage.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 11:17:47 pm »

OK - here's an example of where even staunch KJB proponents have compromised their position. This is a 6 minute video - and both KJB-only and non-KJB people were interviewed. Sam Gipp(the guy with the glasses) is the KJB proponent - while he has put out a lot of good stuff defending the KJB, it's pretty obvious that b/c of his Churchianity/pastor/church building mindset, he's cornered himself to compromise his position.

Gipp says stuff like, "But if the church you attend uses multiple versions, you can fellowship with them a tad bit longer before you part ways...", "You don't approach the pastor after his sermon to tell him he's using the wrong version, but wait later instead to tell him over lunch...", etc.(I'm paraphrasing with both, but nonetheless this was pretty much his context)

For the record - Jesus Christ and Paul openly rebuked false teachers and wicked spirits - remember the man in 1st Cor 5 who was sleeping with his father's wife, and Paul told the church there to cast him out and give him over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. He didn't exactly take this guy out for a cup of coffee to tell him the truth in private. Roll Eyes

Yes, even compromising your position even a tad bit like this will stand down your defense of the KJB.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 05:19:29 am »

Openly rebuking somebody has it's time. But for the sake of humility, there is a time to confront somebody in private as well. In fact, I see it as the private approach is what is most edifying. Open rebuke is an emotional reaction and "spontaneous". It's like, "Be ye angry and sin not...". We also are not to compromise the gospel, thus we are exhorted to "reprove, rebuke, exhort...". This where I think we are shown why it's important to walk in the Spirit, because the lusts of the flesh can move us to react outside of faith.

But your point, why wait, why not instead basically stand up and call out the preacher on the spot has it's place too. I believe that a gathering of people in fellowship is to follow what is described here...

30  If [any thing] be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
31  For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1 Corinthians 14:30,31 (KJB)

And here is the authority of any believer to stand up and speak out...

"What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?" 1 Corinthians 14:36 (KJB)

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14 (KJB)

The most common problem within churchianity is pride. The "church" leadership act as if they are superior to their congregation, when they are not. In fact, the leaders are to act as a servant, not a master...

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Galatians 5:13 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:23 pm »

i watched that video and was surprised that Gipp said that, he sort of agrees that a non-KJV church will somehow become a KJV one? how many times does that happen?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:59 am »

i watched that video and was surprised that Gipp said that, he sort of agrees that a non-KJV church will somehow become a KJV one? how many times does that happen?

That's what also happens when you put yourself in this "roundtable" position where other people in it have DIFFERENT views - you force yourself to stand down, for fear that you might get kicked out of the meeting, and not be able to get the truth out to the audience watching it. Gipp should know that Christianity is not some wrestling match where "the best man wins". IOW, he should have avoided this debate meeting.

1Cor_3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 12:42:13 am »

That's what also happens when you put yourself in this "roundtable" position where other people in it have DIFFERENT views - you force yourself to stand down, for fear that you might get kicked out of the meeting, and not be able to get the truth out to the audience watching it. Gipp should know that Christianity is not some wrestling match where "the best man wins". IOW, he should have avoided this debate meeting.

1Cor_3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

i have seen some creation debates well they promote these debates like a boxing match, here comes Dr soso representing the Creationists and his opponent is atheist soso. Well can one imagine Jesus doing something like that? or the Apostle Paul?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: