End Times and Current Events
June 28, 2017, 10:48:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Eastern Orthodox Church EXPOSED!

Shoutbox
June 21, 2017, 05:50:35 pm Romans 8 says: Mark, I don't want to flood your pm box. But just wanted to say I emailed bro Scott about this issue.
April 29, 2017, 05:20:18 am Christian40 says: What i'm thinking a strike on North Korea possible on some occultic date May 1? the aftermath of WW3 will bring in the Antichrist? Yeah Mayhem in May?
April 20, 2017, 04:55:44 pm Mark says:
April 06, 2017, 09:26:29 pm Mark says: TRUMP LAUNCHES 50+ MISSILES AIMED AT SYRIA
March 05, 2017, 01:16:17 am Christian40 says: i hope the rapture is this year i encourage You to keep working for the Lord
March 05, 2017, 01:06:24 am Christian40 says: i'm glad that the summer is over in Australia the heat was making me feel crazy its a good month to be in now
February 19, 2017, 07:55:44 am Romans 8 says: The month of February just FLIES BY, doesn't it? It being a < 30 day month helps too! (Unusually warm this month too!)
January 24, 2017, 09:38:51 pm Romans 8 says:
January 16, 2017, 07:17:24 pm Romans 8 says:
October 24, 2016, 03:38:23 am Christian40 says: i'm here again i get bonus time on the Net today Smiley
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern Orthodox Church EXPOSED!  (Read 68 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2017, 07:39:34 pm »

‘Bible Answer Man’ Hank Hanegraaff Chrismated Into Eastern Orthodoxy

Hank Hanegraaff, also known as the “Bible Answer Man,” was chrismated into the Orthodox Church on Sunday, the well-known radio host and author has confirmed.

A photo had been circulating since Sunday of the 67-year-old Hanegraaff being received into Eastern Orthodoxy at Saint Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church in Charlotte, along with his wife and two of his children, prompting questions and online chatter.

On Monday, a listener to Hanegraaff’s radio broadcast called in to inquire if he had indeed converted to Orthodoxy. He advised that he has been attending Saint Nektarios for more than two years, but is just now becoming a member.

“I am now a member of an Orthodox church, but nothing has changed in my faith,” Hanegraaff said. “I have been attending an Orthodox church for a long time—for over two years, really, as a result of what happened when I went to China many years ago.”

He said that in witnessing the simplicity and passion of Chinese Christians, he was led to study Watchman Nee and theosis (a teaching of the Eastern Orthodox regarding union with God) and felt drawn to the days of the early Church.

“I saw Chinese Christians who were deeply in love with the Lord, and I learned that while they may not have had as much intellectual acumen or knowledge as I did, they had life,” Hanegraaff explained. “I was comparing my ability to communicate truth with their deep and abiding love for the Lord Jesus Christ.”

“One man … said to me, ‘Truth matters, but life matters more.’ In other words, it is not just knowing about Jesus Christ; it is experiencing the resurrected Christ,” he said. “As a result of that, I started studying what was communicated by the progeny of Watchman Nee with respect to theosis and that drove me back to the early Christian Church.”

Hanegraaff says that since then, he’s “been impacted by the whole idea of knowing Jesus Christ, experiencing Jesus Christ, and partaking of the graces of Jesus Christ through the Eucharist or the Lord’s Table.”

Hanegraaff had interviewed Greek Orthodox priest Themistoclese Athony Adamopoulo on his radio broadcast last April, and discussed theosis on his show in March. On April 4th, a listener  asked why he seemed to have such an interest in Eastern Orthodoxy.

“In the present, just as the Eastern Orthodox Church has been impacted by our ministry, I’ve been impacted by Eastern Orthodox people who have a very keen sense of Church history and have absolute fidelity to the essentials of the historic Christian faith,” he said. “And so, this is all part of championing mere Christianity and learning.”

Some applauded the news, including blogger John Sanidopoulos of the Mystagogy Resource Center.

“I had heard Hank had been a catechumen for some time, which surprised me, but when his chrismation has been confirmed for me … I was even more astounded. It was something I had always hoped for him, but never really expected,” he wrote on Sunday.

But others are concerned about the development as they believe that the Orthodox are not really orthodox in doctrine.

“The Orthodox Church is a false expression of Christianity, much like the Roman Catholic Church, that is highly driven by graven images and denies the biblical doctrine of salvation by grace alone through faith alone, and instead, trusts in meritorious works and a sacramental system for salvation,” wrote Jeff Maples of Pulpit and Pen on Monday.

Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis had expressed worriment about Hanegraaff in 2003, after the author and speaker seemingly denied that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was literal, and suggested that the Leviathan in Job was simply a “metaphysical reality.”

“Eve was not deceived by a talking snake. Rather, Moses used the symbol of a snake to communicate the wiles of the Evil One who deceived Eve through mind-to-mind communication,” Hanegraaff wrote.

Hanegraaff is known for his books “Counterfeit Revival,” “The Authentic Christian Life,” “The Apocalypse Code,” “The Farce of Evolution” and “The Creation Answer Book.”

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/11/bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-chrismated-into-eastern-orthodoxy/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:14:32 am by Hebrews 11:35 » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Social Buttons

Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »

I saw this today.

Hanagraaff is also a Preterist (believes the Daniel/Revelation prophecies happened in 70AD). Not surprised he's further dugged a pit for himself.
Report Spam   Logged
Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 04:30:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:13:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 10:26:25 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:24 pm »

'Bible Answer Man' Hank Hanegraaff Reveals Battle with Cancer

Hank Hanegraaff, who is known as the “Bible Answer Man,” recently announced that he has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, yet he remains at peace, trusting God.

In a nearly eight-minute-long video, Hanegraaff discusses his diagnosis, but most of all tells his followers that he remains confident in God’s perfect plan and is praying for God’s Will to be accomplished.

Hanegraaff is battling mantle cell lymphoma. "This is a treatable cancer, but it is going to require aggressive chemotherapy," he told his followers, according to CBN News.

He said he would love if God would perform a miraculous healing on his body, and he is confident the Lord can do so, but "What I want most of all is that God will be glorified in my condition. In the midst of what I'm going through (that) I may be able to reach out and help others in their struggles," he said.

"Obviously finding that you have cancer is a blow to the solar plexus. It is a bitter pill to swallow. But all of that becomes very contextualized when you recognize that our dear Lord holds every breath and every moment of my life in His hand. The Bible is pretty plain about this," he continued.

Hanegraaff also asked for prayer for his ministry, that they would continue to reach many people for the Lord.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-reveals-battle-with-cancer.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: