End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:53:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dispensationalism - WHAT IS the CONTEXT of Rightly Dividing the word of Truth?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dispensationalism - WHAT IS the CONTEXT of Rightly Dividing the word of Truth?  (Read 3214 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:13 am »

deleted by Moderator

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:05:37 pm by Psalm 51:17 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:33:21 am »

deleted by Moderator
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:06:05 pm by Psalm 51:17 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:07:43 am »

Bryan does a good job on dispensationalism. I will say one person to 100% avoid on this issue is Mike Hoggard. Guy cannot seem tho grasp the idea.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »

NTEB CHALLENGE: CAN YOU ANSWER THESE 5 QUESTIONS ABOUT DISPENSATIONAL SALVATION?

Jesus in Matthew and Paul in Titus are giving two very conflicting instructions on how to have eternal life in Heaven. Paul's doctrine absolutely conflicts with that of Jesus, yet Paul says it was Jesus that taught him that doctrine. If dispensational differences don't exist in the Bible, then good luck explaining this one!

Perhaps the greatest example of salvational differences in the entire Bible is that New Testament saints in the Church Age can never lose their salvation or the presence of the Holy Spirit, but that was absolutely not the case for Old Testament saints. If there is only one salvation plan, what changed?

“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:” Colossians 1:25,26 (KJV)

Many Christians will write into us, and take issue with our stand that the Bible teaches how God administers salvation over different dispensations. Some Christians don’t even acknowledge that there are different dispensations. Funny thing, though, when Paul started his ministry he revealed “mysteries” that the apostles had never even heard of. Peter ends 2 Peter with the admonition that wrestling with Paul’s doctrine, very different from the rest of the apostle’s doctrine, would lead to your own destruction if you don’t approach it according to 2 Timothy 2:15.

No difference in salvation plans, you say? Ha! Guess again.

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.” 2 Peter 15,16 (KJV)

So we thought it would be a good time to see who is able to answer any or all of the following 5 questions regarding the differences in dispensational salvation. When replying, please use KJV scripture to support your position if you would like a reply. Have fun!

If salvation is the same for everyone throughout the entire Bible, then:

1 •Why didn’t Old Testament saints go straight to Heaven after they died like New Testament Christians do?

One of the hallmark attributes of a Christian is that because we are born again, we go immediately to Heaven when we die with no stops in-between. The Church Age has lasted so long we just assume that it was like this for all the saints who came before us. But not so. The Thief on the Cross had the wonderful good fortune to die at the side of the Saviour of the whole world. That got him into Paradise but not Heaven right away.

“And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.” Luke 23:43 (KJV)

“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV)

2.Why were Old Testament saints mandated to shed animal blood and burnt sacrifices for sins while New Testament Christians are not?

There is not a single Christian in the entire Church Age that was ever required to make an animal sacrifice as an atonement for sins. But in the Old Testament, failure to do so could send you to Hell. Things that are different are not the same, obviously.

“And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.” Job 1:5 (KJV)

3.Why did God not justify the wicked in the Old Testament, but justifies the ungodly in the New Testament?

Again, the differences could not be more obvious and apparent. Did God change His mind from one testament to the other or is the Bible teaching dispensational differences?

“God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” Nahum 1:2,3 (KJV)

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Romans 4:5 (KJV)

4.Why did Jesus say eternal life is given through keeping the commandments but Paul says that eternal life is given not by works of righteousness which we have done?

Jesus in Matthew and Paul in Titus are giving two very conflicting instructions on how to have eternal life in Heaven. Paul’s doctrine absolutely conflicts with that of Jesus, yet Paul says it was Jesus that taught him that doctrine. If dispensational differences don’t exist in the Bible, then good luck explaining this one!

“And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” Matthew 19:16,17 (KJV)

“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:5-7 (KJV)

5.Why could the Holy Spirit leave an Old Testament saint but is sealed in the New Testament Christian?

Perhaps the greatest example of salvational differences in the entire Bible is that New Testament saints in the Church Age can never lose their salvation or the presence of the Holy Spirit, but that was absolutely not the case for Old Testament saints. If there is only one salvation plan, what changed?

“Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.” Psalm 51:11 (KJV)

“But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.” 1 Samuel 16:14 (KJV)

“That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.” Ephesians 1:12-14 (KJV)
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 12:28:35 pm »

To be honest, I detest "dispensationalism" - all it does is open up a new can of worms that ends up leading you down more and more wrong paths, instead of growing in the knowledge and grace of our LORD Jesus Christ daily.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 09:22:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 12:04:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:37:05 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 08:17:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 10:50:09 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 11:04:13 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »

In the video, I go through several examples of instruction in righteousness contained within I Peter, using the King James Bible. I also show how relevant I Peter is to the life of a Christian today. I pray this video is a blessing to you. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 11:04:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 09:41:43 am »

Acts 10:36  The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
Act 10:37  That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
Act 10:38  How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Romans 10:15  And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Ephesians 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 09:43:40 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: