End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:42:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Online Bible Texts Resources

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Bible Texts Resources  (Read 3201 times)
Kilika
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »

http://bibles-online.net/

This is a must have resource. Check it out!

We can add to this thread with other resources as a collection, but this one is what is needed; actual images of original bibles, not just a pdf or something. These are used to verify a pdf is correct, or some online bible like Blue Letter Bible is correct or at least which KJB they are using.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:35:58 pm »

http://www.biblicalscholarship.net/AV.htm

Download...
The Authorized King James Version of 1611
(Pure Cambridge Edition)
Keywords: download, Authorised Version, Authorized King James Version, Authorized King James Bible, KJV 1611, large print, Authorized Version, free

THE CHURCH NEVER SHOULD HAVE PUT BIBLE PUBLISHING IN THE HANDS OF HEATHENS. EACH CHURCH AND EACH HOME SHOULD PRINT OUT AND BIND ITS OWN COPY OF THE AUTHORIZED KING JAMES BIBLE OF 1611.   The printout can be put in a three-ring binder or you can use our binding method or GBC bind it in multiple volumes or take it to a bindery (like a place that binds master's theses and doctoral dissertations) or to a printer, or just put the loose leaf paper in a box until you decide what direction to go in. Extra copies can be kept on hand to share, should need arise.
WARNING! DANGER! Publishers who were once trustworthy no longer are--and that includes Cambridge. I have multiple Cambridge Bibles and not one of them passes the test for a Pure Cambridge Edition (PCE) of the King James Bible. MY CAMBRIDGE BIBLES EVEN CONTRADICT EACH OTHER! I just burned a dust jacket from a Cambridge I recently received because it was putting down the Authorised Version. Cambridge is apparently changing spelling and printing out KJV abominations with all kinds of additions to the scriptures like cartoon-looking illustrations and more. [UPDATE: It gets worse, much worse--The Cambridge website claims that the Authorized King James Bible has NEVER been perfectly represented in print. They have also introduced their NEW edition of the King James Version. ]  I just burned some old tampered-with KJV family bibles the other day (one of them contained what I felt was the worst thing that I had ever seen in my life) and afterwards noticed that a KJV only bookseller is selling one of those same abominations, in leather, for $100. He called it quality. These are the days of deep deception but God is revealing what has happened and where all these abominations are coming from--there is only ONE conspiracy and ONE conspirator.

We printed out the download on this page and binded it with our simple, strong, secure, bookbinding method. The Pure Cambridge Edition (PCE) appears to be
an accurate edition of the Authorised Version and is a pleasure to read.

The KJV download on this page is called the Pure Cambridge Edition (PCE). I've printed it out and this text looks very good. This electronic file was made in Australia and I am reviewing it myself for the strictest accuracy with an eye to correcting anything that needs to be corrected. I have found nothing and plan on reading it as my primary Bible with an eye for any potential errors.   

I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS AN EXCELLENT DOWNLOAD.

UPDATE: Having examined the Pure Cambridge Edition, I was so impressed with it that I looked it up to see what I could find out about it. I found BibleProtector.com, caretaker of the Pure Cambridge Edition (PCE). All Christians should know about what they are doing and all Christians should have a Pure Cambridge Edition of the Authorized King James Bible. Here is an excerpt from their homepage--

The standard text of the Pure Cambridge Edition of the King James Bible has been published on this website. You are free to download this definitive electronic text of the King James Bible (KJB). The actual King James Bible text of the Pure Cambridge Edition (PCE) has been presented free of any typographical error, and is completely correct. It is scrupulously exact in typesetting right down to the italics and punctuation.

This precise edition of the King James Bible is wholly based on the received traditional text as was published by Cambridge University Press and by Collins publishers. This electronic text has been made in Australia for the purpose of the exaltation of the Bible within Australasia. This Word is necessary for true Pentecostal revival throughout the whole Earth. The English Bible has been providentially raised up by God for a great dissemination of the true Gospel.

The Pure Cambridge Edition (first published circa 1900) is the product of the process of textual purification that has occurred since 1611 when the Authorized Version was completed, and has been used (often unwittingly) as the received text for many decades. Millions of copies conformed to this edition were issued by Bible and missionary societies in the twentieth century. This text stands in contrast to all other editions (especially newly edited and modernised ones). The providentially established and correct text has, among other things, "Geba" not "Gaba" at Ezra 2:26.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:07 pm »

1769 Oxford Standard Text

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_(King_James)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 05:45:48 pm »

The following doesn't say which KJB they are using, but try to give the impression it's the 1611 and it's not. It's something later, most likely from 1769 as the letter "s" in spirit in Genesis 1:2 is upper case. I listed it as it is an online version but it also has soem information about changes made.

The King James Bible Page

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/index.html

Bible Versions F. A. Q., and Answers to Criticisms of the KJV

Frequently Asked Questions and their brief answers,
and answers to specific criticisms of verses in the KJV.

Various questions and brief answers
What follows is a list of some of the most common questions regarding the KJV (AV1611) and Bible version subject, linked to short responses. I am thankful to Brother Sam Gipp, who has granted permission for the inclusion of portions of his book, The Answer Book. His text is credited where quoted.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/faq.html
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:49:59 pm »

1769 Oxford edition

http://www.complete-bible-genealogy.com/kjv_1769.htm

Characteristics of the Authorized KJV Bible, 1769 Oxford edition

http://www.complete-bible-genealogy.com/kjv_1769_characteristics.htm

Different editions of the Bible have different spellings of persons' names, therefore it was really important to determine which Bible to use as a basis for generating the person name index used on this website.

The greatest help at this phase of the work was F.H.A. Scrivener's book "The authorized edition of the English Bible (1611) Its Subsequent Reprints and Modern Representatives", as it lists the characteristics of the main KJV editions.

The KJV Bible that is used on this website was downloaded from the Oxford Text Archive and then was compared to the listings printed in the book above in order to determine which edition it was. The answer was the 1769 Oxford edition.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »

Authorized Version of 1611 (w/Strong's)

http://www.qbible.com/genesis-i/1.html#1

also has a comparison with the 1769 but don't say which 1769.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 05:57:33 pm »

1769 Cambridge edition

http://www.christianlibrary.org/bibles/KJV/kjvindex.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »

http://www.servantofjesuschrist.com/free-bible

Here is an example where they say "The Authorized 1611 King James Version" but it's not. The Cambridge is known for referring directly to the 1611, so it may check out as a Cambridge. I have not browsed their comparisons and other stuff they have.

From their comparison page...

The following material is being reprinted from the work of Dr. Gail Riplinger, AVPublications.  Click here to download a free PDF version of the “New Age Bible Versions” tract

Rather than simply providing a link to Dr. Gail Riplinger’s website where the information below also appears, I have chosen to publish the information in the event Dr. Riplinger’s website becomes unavailable in the future. This way, I am able to preserve this information to help continue providing the truthful message throughout the world.

Facts:

1.  The oldest form of the Bible discovered to date are the 92 papyra, dated 180AD and 220AD and 85 percent of the text agrees word-for-word with the 1611 King James Bible. Only 15 percent agree with the other Bible versions.

2.  Of the 5,200 Greek manuscripts that exist today, 99% of the text agrees word-for-word with the 1611 King James Bible. Only 1% agree with the other Bible versions.

3.  Of all the Onicals (which is text written in block capital letters), 97% of the text agrees word-for-word with the 1611 King James Bible. Only 3% agree with the other Bible versions.

4.  Of all the 2,000 Cursives (text written later in history when people began to write in long-hand), 99% of the text agrees word-for-word with the 1611 King James Bible. Only 1% agree with the other Bible versions.

5.  Of all the 2,000 Lexicons, 100% of the text agrees word-for-word with the 1611 King James Bible. Only 0% agree with the other Bible versions.

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 03:22:03 pm »

FYI - 1 of my dad's employees are from Thailand, and we are throwing them a baby shower next week(they are expecting). So my mom wanted to get them a bible in the Thai language, but preferred the NIV.

Guess what - NONE of the mainstream Christian online stores had it, but there's this ONE family that runs a HOME CHURCH in Houston, and does missionary work in Thailand. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for opening the door for us - this Thai language bible is 1611 KING JAMES! The guy that has this home church/Thailand ministry(Phillip Pope and family, no, no relation to Vatican City) IS KJV-only! I mean NO mainstream Christian store had anything in the Thai language, but this ministry has it, albeit KJV-only! I even emailed this person earlier today, and he is happy to hear when people take a stand for the 1611 KJV!

So if anyone knows anyone in Thailand, or is in the United States and from this country, please pass this along to them!

http://thaipope.org/
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »

Bump.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:08 am »

HOW TO KNOW THE PURE CAMBRIDGE EDITION OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE

It is important to have the correct, perfect and final text of the King James Bible, since there are correctors (e.g. publishers) who have changed some aspects of King James Bible texts. The final form of the King James Bible is the Pure Cambridge Edition (circa 1900), which conforms to the following:

1. "or Sheba" not "and Sheba" in Joshua 19:2
2. "sin" not "sins" in 2 Chronicles 33:19
3. "Spirit of God" not "spirit of God" in Job 33:4
4. "whom ye" not "whom he" in Jeremiah 34:16
5. "Spirit of God" not "spirit of God" in Ezekiel 11:24
6. "flieth" not "fleeth" in Nahum 3:16
7. "Spirit" not "spirit" in Matthew 4:1
8. "further" not "farther" in Matthew 26:39
9. "bewrayeth" not "betrayeth" in Matthew 26:73
10. "Spirit" not "spirit" in Mark 1:12
11. "spirit" not "Spirit" in Acts 11:28
12. "spirit" not "Spirit" in 1 John 5:8

http://www.biblicalscholarship.net/howto.htm
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »

The final form of the King James Bible is the Pure Cambridge Edition (circa 1900)

I disagree with that statement. Consider they are a Cambridge supporter.

The Cambridge Standard Text was finalized in 1769, so what's with the 1900 version? It's a copyrighted verson, and is different from what I gather from the 1769 Standard Text.

In my opinion, the Cambridge "PCE" is NOT the final bible. That was decided in 1769, not in 1900.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »

I disagree with that statement. Consider they are a Cambridge supporter.

The Cambridge Standard Text was finalized in 1769, so what's with the 1900 version? It's a copyrighted verson, and is different from what I gather from the 1769 Standard Text.

In my opinion, the Cambridge "PCE" is NOT the final bible. That was decided in 1769, not in 1900.

thats from a link you posted earlier.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 12:26:30 pm »

thats from a link you posted earlier.

Well, I do have info here that is to show how versions like the Cambridge isn't all they claim, so there is statements in this material I don't agree with, and I try to say so when I don't.

Just like the article I just posted, it shows how the Cambridge has been changed since 1769, yet this guy is promoting the Cambridge "PCE" as THE bible, to which I disagree, as it's too late and unneeded.

We really must take note WHO it is that is claiming stuff, as much of this is from the anti-Oxford Cambridge crowd. Oxford is also a crown copyright, and the Cambridge crowd doesn't like that and badmouth the Oxford all the time. I think it's quite obvious how Cambridge people act just from the material I've posted so far.

Previously I stated I wasn't sure just yet which KJB, but I definately have narrowed it down to 1769. If it's after that, to me it's a commentary and not a bible.

As you can see, this topic has many twists to it, and there is actually a lot of duplicate information outthere on mulitple sites but it is fragmented and initially appears to be different material. There is a lot of pro Cambridge PCE out there, and many of the comparison charts are from the perspective the Cambridge PCE is THE bible.

I haven't gotten down to the differences between the Cambridge "Standard Text" and the Oxford Standard Text, both of 1769, but it appears it will be one of those editions which I end up personally considering THE Holy Bible.

EDIT: Apparently, according to Local Church Bible Publishers, the PCE is also called "Standard Text". They are one and the same text. So, that means I cannot support the "Cambridge Standard Text".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:51:49 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »

allright...
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »

Once I get a more clear picture, I'll go through all this and sort it out better, so the history and which text is what is more clear.

I've been editing the first page of the history thread too, trying to get the actual names of each text clarified and posted, and whether or not I have that actual text yet and in what format.

It's really frustrating in a way that it is this hard to nail down the actual history of the KJB text. It's scattered all over the place, and so many site only post what they want, not what the history actually is, and it seems everybody is claiming their text is the "King James Vesion of 1611", when it is not. 1611 text was black letter and Gothic, not Roman type, but those who don't know the history don't know that, and think what they are claiming is a KJB is actually a much later edition.

Lots of misinformaton and no clearcut chart to compare these various editons and versions. What charts and lists that are out there must be gone through and determiend just what they are using as their base text to say another is incorrect.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:04:37 pm »

I have a digital copy of Riplingers, In Awe of thy Word if you want it? Thats got a lot of charts and stuff in it. Still havent wnet through it all yet.

torrent...
http://beta.demonoid.me/files/download/2789777/

(includes "In Awe of Thy Word", and a copy of the Cambridge PCE)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:36:06 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: