End Times and Current Events
April 17, 2024, 09:57:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

not really a prayer request, more of a thank you Lord!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: not really a prayer request, more of a thank you Lord!  (Read 986 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »

Today when i got home from work i was out in the back yard setting up a new leash thingy for my dog, so he can run around in the back yard some. Now in the yards across from my back yard are 2 abandoned houses, just as i look up i see a kid come around from the back of one of them, he sticks his arm in through one of the broken windows and sets the curtains on fire. The first thing that goes through my head is "that just didnt happen", but it did. I watch the flames go and sure enough he set the house on fire.

I yell for my son to stay where he is and race across the field through the yards and i catch the guy that just set the house on fire. Thank you Lord Jesus for giving me the resolve to hold this guy and keep him in place until the police and fire department showed up. I stopped him and wouldnt let him leave, i yelled at the neighbors that came out to call the police and fire department telling them he just set the house on fire. I dont think they believed me at first, heck i didnt believe it was happening, but just then you could see the smoke and start to smell it, and thank you Jesus for sending the Fire and Police so fast.

I was able to keep the guy there with out any physical violence, thank you Jesus!! The police and fire arrived took custody of him and put out the fire. Ill have to testify in court. I still cant believe it all happened, its so unreal. Praise the Lord no one was hurt, and the kid didnt put up a fight. He didnt look all that stable and he had a lot of burn marks, old ones up and down his arms. Glad im in super fit condition, and have some descent guns.  Cheesy Wink praise Jesus i didnt have to use them.

But the Lord had this all happen, i mean what is the chance that i would look up at just the right moment and catch this guy in the act, and than actually run over and catch him.  Well that was my evening, how was yours?

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:30:12 pm »

Rom 2:25  For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26  Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27  And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

Gal 1:3  Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4  Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5  To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17  But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18  For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19  For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:35:25 am »

i read that, well someone setting fire to a house is pretty nutty, i wouldn't have believed either if i had seen it myself.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:24 am »

Akron Firefighter Injured in Possible Double Arson

AKRON, Ohio — Police say one suspect may be responsible for setting fires to two homes in Akron Sunday, one of which injured a firefighter.

The Akron Fire Department says one fire was started at about 7:30 p.m., and the other shortly after 8 p.m. on 1103 and 1107 Laird Avenue. Both homes were vacant at the time of the fires.

The injured firefighter was transported to Akron City Hospital for treatment.

The fires are currently under investigation.

http://fox8.com/2012/05/27/akron-firefighter-injured-in-possible-double-arson/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:55:34 am »

What a day! Yes, thank you Jesus.

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in [my] folly: and indeed bear with me." 2 Corinthians 11:1 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 04:55:09 am »

Akron Firefighter Injured in Possible Double Arson

AKRON, Ohio — Police say one suspect may be responsible for setting fires to two homes in Akron Sunday, one of which injured a firefighter.

The Akron Fire Department says one fire was started at about 7:30 p.m., and the other shortly after 8 p.m. on 1103 and 1107 Laird Avenue. Both homes were vacant at the time of the fires.

The injured firefighter was transported to Akron City Hospital for treatment.

The fires are currently under investigation.

http://fox8.com/2012/05/27/akron-firefighter-injured-in-possible-double-arson/

So its in the news too!
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 08:44:24 am »

I was able to keep the guy there with out any physical violence, thank you Jesus!! The police and fire arrived took custody of him and put out the fire. Ill have to testify in court. I still cant believe it all happened, its so unreal. Praise the Lord no one was hurt, and the kid didnt put up a fight. He didnt look all that stable and he had a lot of burn marks, old ones up and down his arms. Glad im in super fit condition, and have some descent guns.  Cheesy Wink praise Jesus i didnt have to use them.

Burn marks? Sounds like something happened to him. Like he wanted to get caught. Did he speak to you much? God was definitely with you, keeping the scene safe. These days, it’s not uncommon for some scared adolescent to be armed. I’ve had cops tell me this as I was reporting something stolen/vandalized.

Causes

Most studied cases of pyromania occur in children and adolescents and 90% of all pyromania cases are male (Gale 1998). There is a range of causes, but an understanding of the different motives and actions of fire setters can provide a platform for prevention. Common causes of pyromania can be broken down into two main groups: individual and environmental.

Individual

Individual factors that can lead to pyromania mainly deal with personal issues in someone's life. This category includes adolescents who have committed crimes in the past. For example, 19% of adolescents suffering from pyromania have been charged with vandalism and 18% are nonviolent sexual offenders. Other causes may include the seeking of attention from authorities or parents and resolving social issues such as bullying or lack of friends (Frey 2001). Another cause may be that the patient is subconsciously seeking revenge for something that has occurred in the past (Oliver).

Environmental

Environmental factors that may lead to pyromania include an event that the patient has experienced in the environment they live in. Environmental factors include neglect from parents and physical or sexual abuse in earlier life. Other causes include early experiences of watching adults or adolescents using fire inappropriately and lighting fires as a stress reliever (Frey 2001).
--wiki
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:52:39 am »

Burn marks? Sounds like something happened to him. Like he wanted to get caught. Did he speak to you much? God was definitely with you, keeping the scene safe. These days, it’s not uncommon for some scared adolescent to be armed. I’ve had cops tell me this as I was reporting something stolen/vandalized.

Causes

Most studied cases of pyromania occur in children and adolescents and 90% of all pyromania cases are male (Gale 1998). There is a range of causes, but an understanding of the different motives and actions of fire setters can provide a platform for prevention. Common causes of pyromania can be broken down into two main groups: individual and environmental.

Individual

Individual factors that can lead to pyromania mainly deal with personal issues in someone's life. This category includes adolescents who have committed crimes in the past. For example, 19% of adolescents suffering from pyromania have been charged with vandalism and 18% are nonviolent sexual offenders. Other causes may include the seeking of attention from authorities or parents and resolving social issues such as bullying or lack of friends (Frey 2001). Another cause may be that the patient is subconsciously seeking revenge for something that has occurred in the past (Oliver).

Environmental

Environmental factors that may lead to pyromania include an event that the patient has experienced in the environment they live in. Environmental factors include neglect from parents and physical or sexual abuse in earlier life. Other causes include early experiences of watching adults or adolescents using fire inappropriately and lighting fires as a stress reliever (Frey 2001).
--wiki

They were burn marks like he sits there with a cigarette and burns himself. he had a lot of them up and down both arms.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:33 pm »

Were the burn marks only on the arms? If elsewhere too, then I'd say meth addict, and they aren't burn marks, but sores where the meth literally leaks out of the skin.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

Were the burn marks only on the arms? If elsewhere too, then I'd say meth addict, and they aren't burn marks, but sores where the meth literally leaks out of the skin.

i dont know, but it looks like they are self inflicted. Kind of how girls will cut themselves...
Report Spam   Logged

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »

i dont know, but it looks like they are self inflicted. Kind of how girls will cut themselves...

Ya, I was thinking he's same as a cutter. If so, I believe there's a spiritual component there. The ?Baal? priests did that. He needs prayer and probably doesn't know it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: