End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 02:10:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 22295 times)
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

I didn`t see a response to my last post so I`ll proceed on this gap thing.

Let me say first that I`m not out to attack anybody, not interested in defending gap theory, old earth theory, or evolution theory. I don`t know much about any of those things.

But I believe the Bible indicates a time gap between the first 2 verses of the Bible. It`s impossible to say how long of a gap. I haven`t a clue how long the gap was. I just know and believe there was one and I will offer my Biblical proof that demonstrates it.

First thing is the word heaven. When the bible says heaven it could mean the atmosphere which is called the firmament in scripture. Or it could mean the place in the spirit world where God lives. Since Genesis 1:1 says God made the heaven and the earth we have to know which heaven the verse is talking about.

I rule out the firmament heaven on the following basis.

) If the verse is talking about the firmament then the order is wrong.God made the earth before he made the firmament so it should say "In the beginning God made the earth and the firmament" if that`s what it means.

2) the firmament is part of the earth so there is no reason to make the distinction between the two. It would just say "In the beginning God made the earth."

So it is my belief that the heaven in Genesis 1:1 is the spirit world which was made first, then the earth.

The scriptures are always logical and follow an order of things. Off the top of my head I can think of no instance where they deviate from logic and order. If you know of one feel free to share it with me.

As further proof, I offer these verses from Job 38

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Here we see God creating the earth. At this point the angels have already been created and are watching.
The angelic creation clearly predates the creation of the earth.

On a side note: verse 7 says the morning stars sang together. The only other reference of this nature is in reference to Lucifer as the morning star. The earth was created before the stars and stars do not sing  Shocked
So I believe that the morning stars are the first angels and the most powerful ones with the sons of God being that angels created after the morning stars.

Implications are this: The angelic creation predates the earth creation and per genesis 1:1 the angelic creation was a part of the creation of the heaven.

Another question: Why were the angels singing and shouting for joy when God made the earth? If God made the earth to be given to man then why the angelic joy? Logic indicates that the fallen angels became jealous when God gave the earth to man.

The only sense I can make out of this passage is to conclude that God made the earth for these angels. They had to be getting something out of it because they were celebrating like they had just won the superbowl.

The book of Jude indicates that angels have a estate, a habitation. This place is surely in the heaven.

In the Job passage God discusses the construction of earth. In Genesis 1:2 the earth has already been constructed. So this construction process had to occur during the Genesis 1:1 period.

Is it possible that God whipped up heaven and all the angels then rushed them out to watch Him do the Genesis creation? Sure it`s possible but I think highly improbable.

I believe that in the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. And then spent some time with His angels in the heaven that He made and that Genesis 1:2 picks up the story at a later time.

I think having a viewpoint that an angelic civilization had an age before Adam is important because there is a challenge to people of faith that is coming from the kingdom of darkness. We are confronted by it now and it`s challenge is going to grow stronger because disclosure by governments of certain evidence is coming. It`s on the one world agenda.

I have a few more verses I can inject into this but I`ll leave it where it is for now.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: