End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:43:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 21995 times)
Kilika
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:40 pm »

5  I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6  But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7  Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather [suffer yourselves to] be defrauded?
1 Corinthians 6:5-7 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:11 pm »

I personally blame BA2 for all of this. He got me to look into Greg Millers teaching, that prompted me to email Bryan and put him on the spot in an email. That in turn made Bryan change his email policy and to put out a video on his stance on Gap theory. That in turn made me to go public on a youtube channel, something that i hate to do, and call Bryan out on his stance on Greg Miller. This then caused Greg Miller to reveal his true self in his posts. He then called me out, which in turn forced me to confront him on Bryans channel.

Bryan then was forced to come out against Greg. And Greg to show his full serpent inspired self. Thus this is where we are. All BA2's fault.  Cheesy

and we still dont have any new members.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:11 am »

Well BA, how does the underside of that bus look!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 02:25:07 pm »

Just finished Jessie's 4 part sermon exposing the heretical gap theory - he did an excellent job exposing it by going through line after line, scripture after scripture.

Ultimately, the King James Bible makes it VERY clear that there's NO "gap" b/w Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 - don't know where people like Clarence Larken are coming up with these ideas that there was.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

Gap creationism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gap_creationism

Excerpt:

Gap creationism became increasingly attractive near the end of the eighteenth century and first half of the nineteenth century, because the newly established science of geology had determined that the Earth was far older than common interpretations of Genesis and the Bible-based Flood geology would allow. Gap creation allowed religious geologists (who composed the majority of the geological community at the time) to reconcile their faith in the Bible with the new authority of science. According to the doctrine of natural theology, science was in this period considered a second revelation, God's word in nature as well as in Scripture, so the two could not contradict each other.[4]

Gap creationism was popularized by Thomas Chalmers,[5] a professor at the University of Edinburgh, founder of the Free Church of Scotland, and author of one of the Bridgewater Treatises, who attributed it to 17th century Dutch Arminian theologian Simon Episcopius. Other early proponents included Oxford University geology professor and fellow Bridgewater author William Buckland, Sharon Turner and Edward Hitch****.[4]

It gained widespread attention when a "second creative act"[6] was discussed prominently in the reference notes for Genesis in the influential 1917 Scofield Reference Bible.[4]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Free Church of Scotland (1843–1900)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Church_of_Scotland_(1843-1900)#Theology

Excerpt

Theology

Great importance was attached to maintaining an educated ministry within the Free Church. Because the established Church of Scotland controlled the divinity faculties of the universities, the FC set up its own colleges. New College was opened in 1850 with five chairs; Christ's College and Trinity College (1856) followed later. The first generation of teachers were enthusiastic proponents of Westminster Calvinism. This position was soon abandoned, as theologians such as Dr A. B. Bruce, Marcus Dods and George Adam Smith began to teach a more liberal understanding of the faith. 'Believing criticism' of the Bible was a central approach taught by such as William Robertson Smith. Attempts were made between 1890 and 1895 to bring many of these professors to the bar of the Assembly on charges of heresy, but these moves failed, with only minor warnings being issued.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 05:10:35 pm »

I personally blame BA2 for all of this. He got me to look into Greg Millers teaching, that prompted me to email Bryan and put him on the spot in an email. That in turn made Bryan change his email policy and to put out a video on his stance on Gap theory. That in turn made me to go public on a youtube channel, something that i hate to do, and call Bryan out on his stance on Greg Miller. This then caused Greg Miller to reveal his true self in his posts. He then called me out, which in turn forced me to confront him on Bryans channel.

Bryan then was forced to come out against Greg. And Greg to show his full serpent inspired self. Thus this is where we are. All BA2's fault.  Cheesy

and we still dont have any new members.

Well BA, how does the underside of that bus look!  Grin

"When the plain sense makes perfect sense seek no other sense" Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 09:22:39 am »

Clarence Larkin and his book Dispensational Truth and his work on the Gap Theory has been thrown around a lot lately. I never heard of this book until this debate started, so i found a copy and down loaded it. Here is a free copy of the book, published in 1918 and revised in 1920.    http://ourbaptistheritage.org/userfiles/Dispensational-Truth-Clarence-Larkin.pdf

This book is still being published today, and let me say this. If this was first published today, it would be the laughing stock book of all creation and evolution debates. There is a reason i never heard of this book, or his theories. They are so outrageous and not even based in Science. Larkin just made stuff up that isn't based on Science, he didn't even understand the Science of his day. I cant see how anyone could use this book to make any king of claim to anything about creation.

He consistently uses the Revised Version instead of the KJB. He adds to the KJB and changes words and their meanings over and over again. Clarence Larkin is the forerunner of Steve Quayle and Tom Horn. He like them do not have a firm understanding of the Bible and like to mix their own beliefs and what they think it should say in with the Bible. I am so surprised that anyone uses this book as a defense of Gap Theory. Seriously. just amazed. And he admits that his whole reasoning for his belief in Gap Theory is so it can match up to the made up Science of his day!! Seriously!!!

But the "Word of God" and the "Works of God" must harmonize. There can be no conflict between the Bible and Science. Science demands thousands of years for the formation of the earth and all the time it demands is given to it in the sublime words of Gen. 1:1, "In the BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth." This verse then covers the whole period of the formation of. the earth and its preparation for the habitation of man. pg 49 of the PDF

This is just crazy...  Shocked There is no Gap Theory, you have to either use a non JKB or you have to CHANGE the KJB. Period, even Larkin did it.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:57 am »

2. THE CHAOTIC EARTH
The creation of the "Original Earth" was in the dateless past. It was doubtless a most beautiful earth, covered with vegetation and inhabited with fish and fowl and animal life, and probably with human life. How long it continued in this condition we are not told, but an awful catastrophe befell it-it became "FORMLESS AND VOID, and submerged in water and darkness. Gen. 1:2. That it was not originally so we know from Isa. 45:18 (R.V.). "Thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; he is God; that formed the earth and made it; He established it, He created it NOT A WASTE, he formed it to be inhabited."

pg 49-50 PDF.

Larkins Book:  45:18 (R.V.). "Thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; he is God; that formed the earth and made it; He established it, He created it NOT A WASTE, he formed it to be inhabited."

KJB

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

He created it NOT A WASTE
Thats not in the KJB. nuff said about this
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »

Yeah, just going through the YT comments on a few videos I've watched recently - I'm very surprised(even shocked) to see how even staunch KJB people have embraced Larken - even one of those YT ministries(edwardpf123, one of whom Bryan endorses), says how Larken's contributions have been tremendous to Christianity b/c of all of the dispensational truth he has put out in his writings.

Yeah, at best, looks like Larken has made a career out of trying to plug a square peg in a round role. Yet another reason to avoid, avoid, AVOID all of these "Christian" BOOKS.

As for Larken being important b/c of all of the dispensational truth he laid out? Uhm...why can't born-again believers search it out for THEMSELVES in their OWN KJBs?

Galatians 2:4  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Gal 2:5  To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal 2:6  But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »

Well, apparently, the Catholic Church/Jesuits SUPPORT the gap theory. Got this off of a YT comments poster(who's a gap theory believer himself, and a KJB believer)...

"There were also  number of early church father's who held to it, such as Origen, Aquinas,  Hugo St. Victor,1097-1141) Petavius (1583-1652),
Pereius (1535-1610)"

Yes, these men are Catholics/Jesuits - so I have no idea why this poster is lumping them with our early church fathers. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 06:17:57 pm »

"There were also  number of early church father's who held to it, such as Origen,

THE WITNESS OF CATHOLIC HISTORY

The next proof text put forth by Gapists is that the early Catholic theologian Origen (186-254), in his commentary De Principiis, surmised that the original earth had been "cast downwards" (Ante-Nicene Fathers, 1917, p. 342). This argument supposes much and proves nothing. In fact, let us look at the exact phrase Gap-ists refer to Origen speaking on the "foundation of the world":  Origen said, "This point, indeed, is not to be idly passed by, that the holy Scriptures have called the creation of the world by a new and peculiar name, terming it <greek>katabolh</greek>, which has been very improperly translated into Latin by "constitutio;" for in Greek <greek>katabolh</greek> signifies rather "dejicere," i.e., to cast downwards, ..."

First of all, the Catholic Origin is incorrect that the meaning of the word "foundation," or "katabole" in the Greek, means 'cast downwards' as a simple study will reveal:

The Bible Text uses "katabole," and NOT "kataballo," which is important! Strong's Greek Dictionary 2602. katabole katabolh katabole kat-ab-ol-ay' from 2598; a deposition, i.e. founding; figuratively, conception:--conceive, foundation. See Greek 2598; Strong's Greek Dictionary 2598 kataballw kataballo kat-ab-al'-lo from 2596 and 906; to throw down:--cast down, lay. See Greek 2596.  Although Strong's tries to connect the word katabole with kataballo the scriptures show differently by the usage of the words.

The katabole word in the Bible is used eleven (11) times. Ten of the eleven it is rendered "Foundation (katabole)" of the world (kosmos). The eleventh time is it used spells out distinctly its new testament use and meaning - conception!  Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive (katabole) seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Second of all, Origen didn't teach the Gap theory (although he believed in other worlds beginning and ending) and explains his position in the very same works "De Principiis."  He wrote: "The particular points(1) clearly delivered in the teaching of the apostles are as follow:-- First, That there is one God, who created and arranged all things, and who, when nothing existed, called all things into being--God from the first creation and foundation of the world --the God of all just men, of Adam, Abel, Seth, Enos, Enoch, Noe, Sere, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve patriarchs, Moses, and the prophets; ...This also is a part of the Church's teaching, that the world was made and took its beginning at a certain time, and is to be destroyed on account of its wickedness. But what existed before this world, or what will exist after it [alluding to the new Earth in Revelation.], has not become certainly known to the many, for there is no clear statement regarding it in the teaching of the Church. ...[ORIGEN, DE PRINCIPIIS. PREFACE.4.]  Origen continues: 1. And now, since there is one of the articles of the Church[10] which is held principally in consequence of our belief in the truth of our sacred history, viz. that this world was created and took its beginning at a certain time, and, in conformity to the cycle of time decreed to all things, is to be destroyed on account of its corruption, there seems no absurdity in re-discussing a few points connected with this subject. And so far, indeed, as the credibility of Scripture is concerned, the declarations on such a matter seem easy of proof. Even the heretics, although widely opposed on many other things, yet on this appear to be at one, yielding to the authority of Scripture. ... nevertheless the language of the narrator shows that all visible things were created at a certain time. [ORIGEN, DE PRINCIPIIS. CHAP. V.--THAT THE WORLD TOOK ITS BEGINNING IN TIME.]

This is the BEST argument from this era that the Gap-ist can come up with? (The witness may step down - no further questions!)

http://www.truthontheweb.org/gapclose.htm

here is the rest of the guys...

Coming to Grips with the Early Church Fathers’ Perspective on Genesis

http://godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis_days_church_fathers.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 09:51:43 pm »

Thank you for this info, Mark - this "gay theory" nonsense is not only a doctrine of devils, but it's been craftily used to divide the brethren as well(ie-as I saw from all of the YT comments discussion - it wasn't just Miller). For the most part, these "gay theory" believers try to rationalize how "We shouldn't let this issue divide the brethren, whether you believe it or not". Kinda see the craftiness on their part? It's as if they know this is a heresy, but they don't want to admit it(so therefore they don't want to discuss it, and ultimately get more believers to fall for it).

I read Genesis 1 again the other night - just from this chapter ALONE, even a kindergardener should be smart enough to see that the earth was made in SIX days.

Genesis 2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »

Ephesians 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 02:17:35 am »

I'm starting to lean to the theory that the Earth is old, but creation of humans and animals is around the 6-7,000 year mark.  Shocked

It makes sense to me.  Wink

Please be gently in your responses, as I'm not looking for a debate, but some sharing.  Kiss

This below is what made me sit up and take note-

http://www.kjv1611.o...ESTABLISHED.htm

The creation in Genesis 1 was described as renewal :

Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are CREATED: and  thou RENEWEST the face of the earth. (Psalm 104:24-30 KJV)

Lucifer was in the garden of Eden (Ezk 28:13-19) as an anointed cherub. However, in Gen 3 he appeared as a serpent. Are these two Gardens of Eden the same? Something must have happened between the sinless cherub and the sinful serpent.

Ezk 28:13 says, "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God..." past tense. This could mean the temptation with Eve, or it could mean Lucifer in Eden before he fell and became Satan. The latter is the more likely scenario, which would also lend credence to the gap theory. Then after that, verse 14 then calls him the anointed cherub: "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth".... God speaking to him directly in the present tense. So he was an anointed cherub in the original Garden of Eden. Then after the rebellion of Lucifer, Lucifer was transformed (as a punishment) into Satan, the evil has already been “created” when the serpent appeared to Eve.

So when do you guys believe that Lucifer fell? In the six days of creation, or before that?

In the creation account, every word was positive, EXCEPT the words in Gen 1:2. Something must have happened between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

“Without from and void”: These words always refer to “emptiness”, “uselessness” or, “worthlessness”, that is to say, a confused, chaotic state, usually the result of some cataclysm, and often one that has been brought on by divine judgment:

Void:

Word study on “void” shows that the word “void” is always used in a negative sense. Usually, it is connected with something against God’s will.

The presence of the heavens and earth in place at Genesis 1:3 shows this is re-creation:  As God begins to work on the earth in Genesis 1:3, earth (and the heavens in which it exists) is already in place (an impossibility unless this is a re-creation).

b.  The presence of the angels during the seven days shows this is re-creation:  The angels are present too (also necessarily having been created at some earlier time – before the Genesis Gap – an impossibility unless this is re-creation), “shouting for joy” at the reconstruction of the earth (Job 38:4-7).  “Sons of God” (Gen 6:2, Job 1:6, 2:2, 38:7) clearly refers to the angels. Now, Job 38:7 says that when God was creating the universe, angels were there already. Thus God must have created these angels before the creation of the earth in Gen 1:2.

Also *according* to the website-

The Gap theory can be traced back 2700 years to the Jewish Rabbis.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Psalms 102:25, “Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found this in my search about the Gap-

C.H. Spurgeon Calls "Answers in Genesis" to Repentance

http://www.youtube.c...hORe07rA-g#t=10

Answers in Genesis is giving men an excuse. Dishonest apologetics and creation science brings disgrace to Christianity and fuels Atheism.

Apparently, the young-Earth organization Answers in Genesis doesn't want its readers to know that 19th century preacher Charles Spurgeon had no problem with an Earth that is millions of years old.

Hmmmm........ I hate to think that this could be a possibility!  How much damage have the YEC caused *if* they are wrong? Imagine how many scientist would now be believers if OEC was taught and funded as much as YEC is.  Huh Huh Huh
Most scientist think they would have to believe in a young earth creation if they convert to Christianity etc.... Think about how the devil could be using this to his advantage, and making us Christians appear totally of the rails with all their scientific evidence proving of an old earth..... Just a thought!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:37:56 am by Aussie Micha » Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 02:31:20 am »

This site has many great articles, and youtubes, and a few conversion testimonies from being YEC to OEC

http://thegapfact.m.webs.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2F&fw_sig_session_key=7e5a35158818a5bc6b9da64d041a1a8342f24b5a1099874c693b25ca7fffeba6-72566980&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_potential_abuse=1&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_time=1394178648523&fw_sig_premium=0&fw_sig_site=72566980&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_access_token=a37f3dfe3096bb2b01545ac3d8c5bfe34003b180&fw_sig_url=http://thegapfact.webs.com/&fw_sig_tier=0&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig=c9cdb220e6c76673898482fe6c38a445&fb_sig_network=fw#1022
Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 02:39:09 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 03:20:04 am »

Why did you quote your own post?  Undecided

Looks like you been off the beaten path reading some rather, uh, questionable stuff.

And you definitely are getting conflicting info if your actually considering there to be two Edens!

Lucifer was in the garden of Eden (Ezk 28:13-19) as an anointed cherub. However, in Gen 3 he appeared as a serpent. Are these two Gardens of Eden the same? Something must have happened between the sinless cherub and the sinful serpent.

There is just one Garden of Eden. Your being played by people through their own play on words. You Do realize Satan and Lucifer are one and the same entity don't you? Just different names, same creature.

But seeing you bring it up...

Something must have happened between the sinless cherub and the sinful serpent

Yes, something did happen...

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Ezekiel 28:15 (KJB)

Evil "was found" in Lucifer, who was perfect in it's ways till iniquity suddenly shows up? THAT is a problem. How is it that it was perfect in it's ways then suddenly not perfect? What God makes doesn't break, does it? How can good turn bad? Definitely some serious issues there, and I think is one of the most important questions about scripture that some people point to as proof the bible isn't true, that it has man's hands all over it. Goes in the same group of questions about scripture as a few others.

The serpent in the garden was already evil, so that means the iniquity that was found in Lucifer was already found by the time of the garden.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:47 am »

I'm starting to lean to the theory that the Earth is old, but creation of humans and animals is around the 6-7,000 year mark.  Shocked

Please be gently in your responses, as I'm not looking for a debate, but some sharing.  Kiss

There is no GAP, period. The Earth isnt old and then God created man on a whimsey thousands of years later. He tells us right here in the 10 commandments.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

6 days, thats it. The Lord actually did write that in stone. What the gap theory does it gets you to doubt the Bible and then Change the Bible. This is satans oldest trick, been doing it since well, creation.

Jhn 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Jhn 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Its not that hard to see this deception. Gap theory is to get you to doubt Gods words. Once that happens anything is possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:14 am »

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Made sense to her too.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 05:15:28 am »

Apparently, the young-Earth organization Answers in Genesis doesn't want its readers to know that 19th century preacher Charles Spurgeon had no problem with an Earth that is millions of years old.

Most people from that time believed in a gap theory, because they believed the lies they were told about evolution.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Spurgeon believed a LIE, and had to reconcile the religion of Evolution with the Bible. The two dont mix, not at all. He got out of the Word, and into the World. There is NO gap theory in the Bible. You have to doubt and change the Bible to get one. 
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

Spurgeon believed a LIE, and had to reconcile the religion of Evolution with the Bible. The two dont mix, not at all. He got out of the Word, and into the World. There is NO gap theory in the Bible. You have to doubt and change the Bible to get one. 

Spurgeon also had a Historcism eschatology view on Daniel/Revelation(meaning that he didn't believe in the proper FINAL 7 years great tribulation eschatology view, but rather believed the Pope was the Antichrist, and the prophecies in Revelation happened over time during the Church Age).

He also had some pretty big doctrinal issues - I've read some of his quotes, and to sum it up in a nutshell: He believed in a works-based salvation.
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,9474.0.html

Why he was put up on a pedestial like this - but one thing's for certain - this Apostasy leading up to the end times has SLOWLY but surely sown/reaped, and is now reaping at a very fast pace now.

Other than that, yet another reason to not trust in men.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:21 pm »

I'm slightly confused about this site, "Answers in Genesis".

Do you consider them reputable or not? Here you seem to show them in a negative way, then in another thread about Eden, it seems like you support their positions.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2014, 01:06:30 pm »

I'm slightly confused about this site, "Answers in Genesis".

Do you consider them reputable or not? Here you seem to show them in a negative way, then in another thread about Eden, it seems like you support their positions.

thats not my quote, i responded to that quote
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »

Roll Eyes I know that! I'm not saying it's your quote. I'm asking you what you think of that site.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

Roll Eyes I know that! I'm not saying it's your quote. I'm asking you what you think of that site.

i agree with a lot that site has to say. Other stuff not so much. Same with anything. all depends
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »

Okay.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2014, 01:20:41 am »

Why did you quote your own post?  Undecided

Ever heard of making a mistake?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

Do you guys have to pick on others just because they believe differently to you?  Huh

You Do realize Satan and Lucifer are one and the same entity don't you? Just different names, same creature.

Of course, I do read the KJV.  Wink

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Made sense to her too.

So are you putting me into her category? Like it's serious, like a salvation issue?  Undecided 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:32:59 am by Aussie Micha » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 03:51:05 am »

Ever heard of making a mistake?  Roll Eyes

Testy, testy! Who spilled your cereal?

Instead of you getting defensive, you should remember that the trying of your faith "worketh patience".

Do you guys have to pick on others just because they believe differently to you? 

No one here is picking on anybody! That's childish petty antics. We don't play that here. It's about the truth as best we know it.

Sorry if your offended by being challenged in your understandings of doctrine. A believer's whole life in the flesh is a challenge. Get over it! Being a believer in the world, you better grow thicker skin than that!

So are you putting me into her category? Like it's serious, like a salvation issue? 

Like totally.  Roll Eyes Really? I think your better educated than that.

Salvation issue? What? Because you have incorrect understandings? Depends. If your already saved, it's not an issue, unless you believe a person can lose their salvation.

Personally, I'd put you in that category, because the false doctrines you have accepted from false teachers is the same as what Eve did in the garden, exactly. You took the forbidden fruit from false teachers and ate it when God told you to stay away, and stick only to His Word and to trust what God says, yet you were tempted by other doctrines anyway.

THAT is where I agree with Mark. Yes, same category.

It's nothing to be offended about, just something you need to realize, that NONE OF US have all the correct doctrines brought to our awareness because we cannot handle it while in the flesh. But we all have the "mind of Christ" that seals us, forever, and eventually, we all will see everything and know everything, but not yet.

What does happen is that believers bear one another's burdens in helping each other with sound doctrine. You don't agree, shake the dust off and depart out of that city! Not going to hurt or offend anybody here. Whether you or anybody else is here posting, we are still saved. Thank you Jesus!

You have a choice how you respond to people who correct you doctrinally. Humility or pride. You choose.

I recommend you find some humility.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 11:36:38 pm »

Concerning creation
Gap theory in 1814 Thomas Chalmers - this is likely why he fell for it...

RSV Genesis 1:5,8
God called the light day and the darkness he called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

KJV
And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

RSV
And god called the firmament heavan. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

KJV
And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.

This is likely why modern-day Christians believe in evolution.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: