End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:46:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 21952 times)
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2014, 05:35:56 am »

PS if Jesus spent all his time sitting on the throne who was out there performing the "Lord of Hosts" duties? 
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2014, 07:00:14 am »

PS if Jesus spent all his time sitting on the throne who was out there performing the "Lord of Hosts" duties? 

Psa 33:13 The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
Psa 33:14 From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2015, 06:13:19 pm »

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the guy in this video is a wolf in sheep's clothing, but nonetheless he IS pushing a dangerous heresy!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:12:53 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:59 pm »

okay so he is not tying evolution to the gap theory okay what i dont understand with this video where he mentions the "satanic flood" that is Noah's Ark is somehow supposed to be the second flood according to that the first flood destroyed the "evil angels" well how would a flood destroy angels? and where are the Bible verses to say there was a worldwide flood before Noah's flood? also how is it Satan's plan to "hide" all this knowledge about the gap theory? God did not need to into specific details about what happened in Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 God told us what we need to know there we have imaginations that can go into all sorts of places and begin to make things up.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2015, 05:18:07 am »

This guy is a heretic period. There is NO GAP what so ever and the Bible is not just a history book.  Roll Eyes

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

video where he mentions the "satanic flood"

There is no such thing. They try to equate various passages to match with this false belief. To bad it just does not work. The best the have is

Jeremiah 4:23-27
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. (KJV)

But that is not talking about CREATION.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:51:40 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2015, 06:23:40 am »

This guy is a heretic period. There is NO GAP what so ever and the Bible is not just a history book.  Roll Eyes

Edward has made some good videos up until now these videos about the gap and angelic war i think he is of track. These gap theory advocates sure think they are right.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

There is no such thing. They try to equate various passages to match with this false belief. To bad it just does not work. The best the have is

Jeremiah 4:23-27
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. (KJV)

But that is not talking about CREATION.

Yeah why would Jeremiah be taken back into time and be shown "an earth that is void" ? i see them verses are not talking about creation.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2015, 06:36:12 am »

Edward has made some good videos up until now these videos about the gap and angelic war i think he is of track. These gap theory advocates sure think they are right.

I dont know about his other vids, i dont usually have a lot of time o watch all the vids posted.  Embarrassed But this one caught my eye. And i just quite watching when he said the Bible was JUST A HISTORY BOOK. Sorry but it is the VERY WORD OF GOD.

Psa 119:89

LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2015, 11:45:01 am »

Mark, thank you for the info you provided here. I think I emailed you this awhile back, but Scott Johnson emailed me a word document exposing the pre-Adamic flood heresy.

I'll admit(and I was wrong here), for some reason this started peaking my interest. It's not exactly the 501c3, seminary-trained hirelings that are pushing this, but staunch KJB-believers that are so. David Hoffman(who put out the Common Man's Reference Bible - whose commentary is excellent from what I hear, and even read at times) also believes in the Genesis Gap. Hoffman has put out alot of excellent sermons(which is a shame b/c he bought into this heresy).

I have a couple of questions - where did the Genesis Gap come from? And where would you put the timing of Satan's rebellion against God?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2015, 11:52:34 am »

Where did the Genesis Gap come from?

Not to sure. I think Origin wrote something about it. I do know it became real popular in the 1800's as they tried to make evolution and long age geology work with the Bible. Doesn't fit. GH Pember pushed it hard in his book earth's earliest ages. And that is pushed by the likes of Quayle and Tom Horn.

And where would you put the timing of Satan's rebellion against God?

Not to sure, id say somewhere between Job and Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2015, 11:57:07 am »

Again, thank you Mark for the edification here. Like I said, for some reason I started to buy into it(my own fault, that is) without searching the scriptures.

I know Charles Lawson(who runs a non-501c3 church in Tennessee, and is probably the most humblest pastor I've ever seen) believes in the gap. However, if I remember correctly, James Knox(also another non-501c3 pastor, albeit in Florida) is against it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »

Again, thank you Mark for the edification here. Like I said, for some reason I started to buy into it(my own fault, that is) without searching the scriptures.

I know Charles Lawson(who runs a non-501c3 church in Tennessee, and is probably the most humblest pastor I've ever seen) believes in the gap. However, if I remember correctly, James Knox(also another non-501c3 pastor, albeit in Florida) is against it.

well the Bible states, and not just the KJV but every Bible out there says 6 days of creation in Exo 20:11. That is part of the 10 commandments. 6 days of creation, then the Lord rested on the 7th. Thats why we have a sabbath. It wasnt 1 day of creation, 10,000 years of DEATH, then 5 more days of creation then the Lord rested. No way around it.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2015, 12:22:49 pm »

well the Bible states, and not just the KJV but every Bible out there says 6 days of creation in Exo 20:11. That is part of the 10 commandments. 6 days of creation, then the Lord rested on the 7th. Thats why we have a sabbath. It wasnt 1 day of creation, 10,000 years of DEATH, then 5 more days of creation then the Lord rested. No way around it.

Well - to put it mildly too, Kent Hovind is anti-Genesis Gap. He definitely has the best Creation Science materials.

With that being said, I'm not trying to put you on a pedestial, Mark - but nonetheless we are blessed here with a brother who knows the ins and outs of this evolution deception. Personally, other than the earth *not* being millions of years old, my understanding on this subject is shallow.(ie-I was a poor science student in school)

Romans 12:6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »

The gap theory just doesn't fit with scripture. As Mark quoted before, "In SIX DAYS..." You can't get around that. Also, death can't come before sin.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5:12)

Simply put, gap theory is a compromise with evolution (as is old earth creationism)
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 03:55:08 pm »

Jimmy Swaggart also pushed the gap, FYI.
http://www.libertyadvocate.com/The%20Gap%20Theory%20is%20a%20Lie.htm

The link also says Thomas Chalmers was the first proponent of this(and he was a Freemason).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 05:58:48 pm »

Was just looking at some of the names that support the gap. No, it's not only Jesuitical heretics like Quayle and Hort...

David Peacock
Oliver Greene
Les Feldick
JR Church
and the list goes on(both heretics and non-heretics alike)

Peacock is a fundamental KJB-only/pre-ToJT contender for the faith.(saw his excellent "Before Tribulation" sermon last night)
Greene is easily in my top 3 list of pastors/evangelists
Feldick, despite being a mid-Acts dispensation believer, has put out excellent studies on rightly dividing the word of truth to show the pre-ToJT rapture.
Church died a few years ago, but nonetheless he was a good prophecy teacher.

I think we'll see these particular 4 at the rapture - but point being that we always have to keep our hearts on guard 100%, b/c our flesh is weak!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2015, 06:32:15 pm »

Well lets think about this here. All of these people you listed are calling the BIBLE FALSE. Every single one of them. They are saying the Bible has errors or is wrong. You cant have it both ways. GOD said he created everything in 6 days. Not once, not twice but a few times, my Lord says he created EVERYTHING IN 6 LITERAL DAYS. These people are calling him a LIAR.

How do you reconcile this? How can you you really go out and break bread with some one and pray with someone who thinks the God is a LIAR? These people are being deceived by a LIE. The LIE of Evolution, and an old Earth. Neither are true. Ill say this, by reading JUST the King James Bible, there is no way you can come to this conclusion. So what is that saying about these people that believe in an Old Earth/ Satans flood?

It isnt BIBLICAL at all. It is a deception perpetrated by the belief in evolution and an old Earth. People know that "religion" will garner them money if they do it right.

proof: http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,4029.msg56541.html#msg56541

These people are denying the Word of God. What else can you say?

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psa 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I bet most of these people do not believe in the Flood either. Whom do you serve?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 06:59:54 pm »

Well lets think about this here. All of these people you listed are calling the BIBLE FALSE. Every single one of them. They are saying the Bible has errors or is wrong. You cant have it both ways. GOD said he created everything in 6 days. Not once, not twice but a few times, my Lord says he created EVERYTHING IN 6 LITERAL DAYS. These people are calling him a LIAR.

How do you reconcile this? How can you you really go out and break bread with some one and pray with someone who thinks the God is a LIAR? These people are being deceived by a LIE. The LIE of Evolution, and an old Earth. Neither are true. Ill say this, by reading JUST the King James Bible, there is no way you can come to this conclusion. So what is that saying about these people that believe in an Old Earth/ Satans flood?

It isnt BIBLICAL at all. It is a deception perpetrated by the belief in evolution and an old Earth. People know that "religion" will garner them money if they do it right.

proof: http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,4029.msg56541.html#msg56541

These people are denying the Word of God. What else can you say?

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psa 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I bet most of these people do not believe in the Flood either. Whom do you serve?

Hey Mark - is there any way this forum can have either a Thumbs Up or a +1 function like YT does? I would give your post just that! Smiley

We really appreciate you standing firm against this gap theory heresy, brother - I will admit that lately, I've become seduced by this.(and for the record, no - I wasn't giving an endorsement to those 4 men that endorsed the gap theory. Was just saying I was quite surprised they supported it)

Hopefully, NO MORE of that gap theory nonsense for me!(now that all of its heresies have been explained thoroughly) Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:26 am »

I'll admit, I'm very guilty of this too - a WARNING for all of the brethren and sisters(myself included here)! Be very careful over how much KNOWLEDGE you want to puff into yourself. The bigger the head, the bigger the pride, and ultimately the more deceptions you end up biting into!

Eccl 1:17  And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
Ecc 1:18  For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Corinthians 8:1  Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

James 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:09 am »

i combined threads
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

i combined threads

Thanks! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2015, 09:01:21 am »

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:6  And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8  And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9  And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11  And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12  And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13  And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Gen 1:14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17  And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18  And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19  And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Gen 1:20  And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Gen 1:21  And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23  And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
Gen 1:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25  And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:06:18 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2015, 09:04:29 am »

Romans 15:5  Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:22  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2015, 08:49:16 pm »

1 Corinthians 3:1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

This gap theory has seemed to cause alot of strife in the body of Christ(at least from I've seen over the last year on YT).

1Corinthians 3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20  And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2015, 01:00:01 am »

At the 02:33:48 mark, Pastor Cooley and bro Nate briefly expose the gap theory.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:45:14 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:44 am »

Genesis 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I see these gap theory pushers point to the word "replenish" and insist how God is commanding the earth to be re-filled. However, that's NOT what it means. Here's an example...

Acts 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

This passage talks about the future 1000 year mil reign on earth by Jesus Christ - look at the word restore - no, it does NOT mean it will "re"-do something, per se. Has there been any kind of 1000 year mil reign on earth by Jesus, EVER? No! Again - look at the CONTEXT of the meanings of these verses via what the BIBLE says, and NOT what the world says!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:14:27 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2015, 11:51:38 am »

The word replenish is one of the gap theory's main foundation. The only problem is it si so easily kicked out of the way toppling the whole idea of gap theory. They use it as we use the word today. Today in 2015 the word pretty much means to fill again. Which would make a case for gap theory. Why would we have to fill again the world? The only problem is... is that this word has changed meanings over the years.

Many words today do not mean what they meant years ago. Take the queer, it originally and still does mean something that is strange or mysterious. But in today's context it means a homosexual. Now the word replenish originally meant just "to fill", not to fill again.

Noah 1828
46136    replenish    REPLEN'ISH, v. t. [L. re and plenus, full. ]1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are

Its that simple. In 1611 and even 1828 the word replenish simply meant "to fill", not fill again.

AHHHH the gap theory has fallen!!!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:24 pm »

Why the Gap Theory Won't Work
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.
Evidence for Creation

What is the Gap Theory?

One of the popular devices for trying to accommodate the evolutionary ages of the geologists and astronomers in the creation record of the Bible has been the "gap theory"—also called the "ruin-and-reconstruction" theory.

According to this concept, Genesis 1:1 describes the initial creation of the universe. Following this, the standard events of cosmic evolution took place, which eventually produced our solar system about five billion years ago. Then, on the earth, the various geologic ages followed, as identified by their respective assemblages of fossils (trilobites, dinosaurs, etc.).

But then occurred a devastating global cataclysm, destroying all life on Earth and leaving a vast fossil graveyard everywhere. This situation is then said to be what is described in Genesis 1:2. "And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." The cataclysm is thought to have occurred as a result of the rebellion of Satan and his angels against their Creator in Heaven, with God then casting them out of Heaven to the earth.

Those who advocate the gap theory agree that the six days of the creation week were literal days, but they interpret them only as days of recreation, with God creating again many of the kinds of animals and plants destroyed in the cataclysm.

What is the Purpose of the Gap Theory?

The gap theory was developed mainly for the purpose of accommodating the great ages demanded by evolutionary geologists. This idea was first popularized by a Scottish theologian, Thomas Chalmers, early in the 19th century. In this country, the famous Scofield Study Bible made it an almost universally accepted teaching among fundamentalists.

The Scofield Bible notes on Genesis I include the following:

The first act refers to the dateless past, and gives scope for all the geologic ages. . . . The face of the earth bears everywhere the marks of such a catastrophe. There are not wanting intimations which connect it with a previous testing and fall of angels. . . . Relegate fossils to the primitive creation, and no conflict of science with the Genesis cosmogony remains.

However, serious conflicts do remain. In fact, there are few, if any, professionally trained geologists and astronomers (to my knowledge there are none) who accept the gap theory. The promoters of this theory have mostly been Bible teachers who hoped they could place these great ages in a gap between the first two verses of Genesis, and thus not have to deal with them at all.

With the modem revival of scientific Biblical creationism, many of these teachers have abandoned the gap theory in favor of strict creationism. Most advocates of the gap idea were men of strong Biblical faith, and when they were shown its Biblical fallacies, plus its scientific inadequacies, they were quite willing to reject the evolutionary ages scheme altogether.

Many of us had naively assumed that the gap theory was moribund, and so had concentrated most of our critiques on the other compromise theories (day-age theory, framework theory, etc.). But it now appears that the gap theory is still being advocated by a number of evangelical theologians.

For example, the Nelson Study Bible, published this year (1997), in its footnotes on Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, says:

Here it means that God renewed what was in a chaotic state. God changed chaos into cosmos, disorder into order, emptiness into fullness. . . . The two words, without form and void, express one concept—chaos. The earth had been reduced to this state—it was not the way God had first created it.

The editors and contributors to this volume—43 in all—include many well-known evangelical leaders. Yet they feel they must allow for the geological ages, and so they opt for what amounts to the old gap theory again with its pre-Adamic cataclysm. The notes in this study Bible do allow a worldwide Flood, but there are no relevant comments on the effects of sin and the curse on the animal kingdom, and no mention of the billions of fossils now preserved in the earth's sedimentary rock beds.

Is the Gap Theory Scientific?

The reason why geologists will not accept the gap theory is that it contradicts their assumption that the past is continuous with the present. There is no room in their naturalistic approach to science for a global cataclysm that would destroy all life and then require a new creation of plants, animals, and people such as the gap theory proposes.

Any cataclysm that would leave the earth "without form and void" (or "a shapeless chaotic mass" as The Living Bible expresses it), with "darkness on the face of the deep" everywhere, would require a worldwide nuclear or volcanic explosion that would effectively disintegrate the whole crust of the earth. All pre-cataclysm mountains would be blown into the sea and billions of tons of rocks and dust blown into the atmosphere, leaving the earth covered with "the deep" everywhere and "darkness" covering the deep everywhere.

Such a cataclysm would disintegrate any previously deposited sedimentary deposits with their fossils and thus obliterate all evidence of any previous "geological ages." Thus the gap theory, which is supposed to accommodate the geological ages, requires a cataclysm which would destroy all evidence for the geological ages.

Is it Theologically Sound?

The gap theory is also unsound theologically. The God of Creation is an omnipotent and omniscient God, and is also a God of grace, mercy, and love. The very concept of the geological ages, on the other hand, implies a wasteful and cruel "god," and therefore probably no god at all.

The supposed geologic ages are identified in terms of the fossils found in the earth's sedimentary rocks, and there are multiplied billions of them there. But fossils speak of death—even violent death. The preservation of dead animals requires rapid burial if they are to last very long. There are many regions, for example, where there are millions of fossil fish preserved in the rocks. There are dinosaur fossil beds on every continent, as well as great beds of fossil marine invertebrates practically everywhere. These may indeed speak of cataclysmic death and burial, but not a cataclysm operating slowly over billions of years, as the geological ages imply. If the gap theory were valid, it would mean that God had instituted an ages-long system of suffering and death over the world, before there were ever any men and women to place in dominion over that world, and then suddenly destroy it in a violent cataclysm. Why would an omnipotent, merciful God do such a wasteful and cruel thing as that?

They cannot blame Satan, either. According to the gap theory, Satan's fall took place at the end of the geological ages, followed by the great pre-Adamic cataclysm on the earth. Thus the geological ages, with their eons of cruelty and waste, took place even before Satan's sin. God Himself would be solely responsible for the whole debacle, if it really happened.

But is the Gap Theory Biblical?

If the Bible actually teaches the gap theory' however, then there might be some reason to try to accommodate it in our theology. But the Bible does not teach it! If there really had been billions of years of animals suffering and dying before Genesis 1:2, why would God say nothing about it? The best they can offer in support of such a notion are some out-of-context quotes from Isaiah and Jeremiah, along with an ad hoc translation of Genesis 1:1,2.

And why would God send such a devastating cataclysm at all? Satan's fall did not occur until after the creation week of Genesis 1, for at that time God had pronounced the whole creation "very good" (Genesis 1: 31). At present, however, "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together" (Romans 8:22) because of the great curse pronounced by God on man's dominion (Genesis 3:17-19), as a result of sin.

This groaning creation has indeed experienced one global cataclysm—one not inferred from vague hints in out-of-context quotes, but rather one described in great detail in Genesis 6-9 and referred to often and unambiguously in later passages—namely, the worldwide Flood in the days of Noah. Most of the vast fossil graveyards in the earth's crust can best be explained as one of the results of the Flood.

This awesome spectacle of destruction and death was not part of God's "very good" creation. There was no death in the world until sin was in the world (Romans 5:12; I Corinthians 15:21; etc.). In fact, death itself is "the wages of sin" (Romans 6:23). Our future deliverance from sin and death has been purchased by the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, who is "the propitiation for our sins and ... also for the sins of the whole world" (John 2:2).

But if "death reigned" not "from Adam to Moses," as the Bible says (Romans 5:14), but had already reigned for billions of years before Adam, then death is not the wages of sin but instead was part of God's creative purpose. How then could the death of Christ put away sin? The gap theory thus undermines the very gospel of our salvation, as well as the holy character of God.

The fact is that no such gap exists between the first two verses of Genesis at all. The second verse merely describes the initial aspect of the creation as "without form and void"—that is, with neither structure nor inhabitants. The rest of the chapter tells how God produced a marvelous structure for His created universe, with multitudes of plant and animal inhabitants for the earth, all to be under the dominion of its human inhabitants created in the image of God. It was only then that God pronounced the creation "finished" (Genesis 2:1).

It is time for those who believe the Bible and in the goodness and wisdom of God to abandon the gap theory once and for all (as well as the day-age theory, which is even worse) and simply believe what God has said. The gap theory has no scientific merit, requires a very forced Biblical exegesis, and leads to a God-dishonoring theology. It does not work, either Biblically or scientifically.

* Dr. Henry Morris is Founder and President Emeritus of ICR.

http://www.icr.org/article/why-gap-theory-wont-work/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2015, 05:18:34 pm »

But if "death reigned" not "from Adam to Moses," as the Bible says (Romans 5:14), but had already reigned for billions of years before Adam, then death is not the wages of sin but instead was part of God's creative purpose. How then could the death of Christ put away sin? The gap theory thus undermines the very gospel of our salvation, as well as the holy character of God.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2015, 08:33:55 pm »

The gap theory thus undermines the very gospel of our salvation, as well as the holy character of God.

Yes - and I'm also seeing a falling away from other important doctrines in the YT video communities(that are pushing this same gap theory), and increase in spiritual warfare to boot. Why are they doing this? Complacency, perhaps? B/c the rapture is getting nigh?(I'll admit, I fell for this heresy too)

Honestly - I'll take a post-trib believer in a heartbeat over a gap theory believer(ie-Scott Johnson and Jason Cooley both see the gap heresy through and through).

Ultimately - error will only breed more error - our salvation is sealed, don't get me wrong, but there ARE consequences for ignorantly following after doctrine of devils.

Just STICK with SCRIPTURE!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

The Scofield Bible notes on Genesis I include the following:

I saw a Scofield bible at a bookstore while out of town this weekend - I explained to my dad how Scofield included this gap theory nonsense in his reference notes, and how it planted the seeds for evolution(and it wasn't exactly Darwin who came up with the idea himself).

My dad, to say the least, was wholly disinterested - I think he's saved, but he's more or less stuck and indoctrinated in that organized religion system.

Pt being that it's sad that the Laodicean church of today either doesn't know about it, nor doesn't care about it. But even worse, it's being pushed in the KJB-believing circles.(ie-Greg Miller, Charles Lawson, Les Feldick, David Peac0ck, the late JR Church, etc being the ones pushing it recently) Like I said - with the rapture being nigh, is everyone getting complacent now?(I too have been so recently, to be honest)

Ultimately - we need to guard our hearts, and remember how Jesus Christ washed away our sins and regenerated us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: