End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:38:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 21951 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2015, 09:09:53 pm »

The Scofield Bible

if i only had a bird...  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2015, 03:56:39 am »

The word replenish is one of the gap theory's main foundation. The only problem is it si so easily kicked out of the way toppling the whole idea of gap theory. They use it as we use the word today. Today in 2015 the word pretty much means to fill again. Which would make a case for gap theory. Why would we have to fill again the world? The only problem is... is that this word has changed meanings over the years.

Many words today do not mean what they meant years ago. Take the queer, it originally and still does mean something that is strange or mysterious. But in today's context it means a homosexual. Now the word replenish originally meant just "to fill", not to fill again.

Noah 1828
46136 replenish REPLEN'ISH, v. t. [L. re and plenus, full. ]1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are

Its that simple. In 1611 and even 1828 the word replenish simply meant "to fill", not fill again.

AHHHH the gap theory has fallen!!!  Cheesy

That is brilliant (as an Englishman would say) Smiley

But if "death reigned" not "from Adam to Moses," as the Bible says (Romans 5:14), but had already reigned for billions of years before Adam, then death is not the wages of sin but instead was part of God's creative purpose. How then could the death of Christ put away sin? The gap theory thus undermines the very gospel of our salvation, as well as the holy character of God.

it gets deep and subtle and then the gap theory fails

if i only had a bird...  Cry

PS why you want a bird?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2015, 05:59:33 am »

PS why you want a bird?

If i had a bird then i would have a use for the The Scofield Bible.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:39:15 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2015, 06:05:15 am »

good find BA

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:50 am »

gap theory pdf

http://www.livingwaterministries.yolasite.com/resources/Gap%20Theory.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:00 am »

I hear gap theory pushers say how God doesn't create darkness(which is what is said about the earth in Genesis 1:2) - however, this verse right here puts their "theory" to rest...

Isaiah 45:5-7, "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: i girded thee, though thou hast not known me: that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2015, 09:41:51 am »

exactly, gap theory people just do not want to believe the Bible. They want it to say what they believe, not to believe what the book says.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2015, 11:21:38 am »

exactly, gap theory people just do not want to believe the Bible. They want it to say what they believe, not to believe what the book says.

Well, I asked God for forgiveness of this - but I feel really bad now, b/c I got a couple of brethren on YT to believe this nonsense. I even pm'd one brethren the Henry Morris article AFTER I told him I endorsed it, and he still leans believing the gap theory way.

I hope the damage hasn't been done or anything - but like I said, I feel very wicked for not searching these things out more carefully before getting other brethren to believe it. Cry

Has anyone else had these experiences before, where you acted wilfully ignorant by getting other people to believe in deceptions?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2015, 03:19:38 pm »

What i do not get is how you fell for this when it was discussed and proven false twice last year?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:31:44 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2015, 04:11:37 pm »

What i do not get is how you fell for this when it was discussed and proven false twice last year?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering myself too - I was SHOWN the truth to this(and even understood at the time), but for some reason fell for it again. I'll be honest, I thought the "expert" people(like that edward guy) were correct on this, so I just went along.

Well - hopefully, there won't be a strike 3 with me. BTW - just saw this on YT - the word of God and Hovind put EVERYTHING about the gap heresy to rest...

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:31:30 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:31 am »

Apparently, theologians prior to the 1800's did not support the genesis "gap" theory.

John Gill was a 1700's theologian(read a few of his scripture commentaries, which are quite interesting) - and here's what he had to say(ignore most of the jibber-jabber in random places in the link - posting an excerpt here)...

http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/geb/view.cgi?bk=0&ch=1

In Exodus 20:11 we read of a literal six day creation. No gaps, not even for one minute, otherwise these would not be six normal days. Also, in Romans 5:12 we read that death is the result of Adam's sin. Because the rock layers display death on a grand scale, they could not have existed before the fall of Adam. There is no direct evidence that the earth is much older than six thousand years. However, we have the direct eyewitness report of God himself that he made everything in six days. Tracing back through the biblical genealogies we can determine the age of the universe to be about six thousand years with an error of not more than two per cent.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:20:33 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2015, 10:29:38 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2015, 10:20:54 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2015, 08:23:44 pm »

2 Peter 3:5  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

This is one other verse the gap theory proponents abuse quite a bit - they say how "the earth standing out of the water" part means there was supposedly some "old" civilization prior to Genesis 1:2.

However(Mark, please correct me if I'm wrong here) - doesn't this mean that there's water ABOVE the heavens(and pretty much reaches WAY OUTSIDE of the earth itself)?

That's what it appears to me, I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2015, 09:25:10 pm »

This is from bro Scott's end times current events newsletter...

Subject: gap theory confusion in KJB believing circles
Dear Dr Johnson, i see that this belief in a gap in Genesis 1:1-2 is being pushed by some KJB Believing Christians (including pastors) and that it is causing divisions and confusion and wrong doctrines amongst KJB Christians. i believe this belief in a gap originated in the 1800's before Darwin and evolution debate…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this, but I couldn't agree more - for example, I'm starting to see an attack on repentance(one of the pieces of salvation, that is) - where these "lordship salvation"-opponents are calling repentance a "work". Pretty much, alot of this crowd are the same ones pushing the gap theory.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2015, 12:26:13 am »

This is from bro Scott's end times current events newsletter...

Subject: gap theory confusion in KJB believing circles
Dear Dr Johnson, i see that this belief in a gap in Genesis 1:1-2 is being pushed by some KJB Believing Christians (including pastors) and that it is causing divisions and confusion and wrong doctrines amongst KJB Christians. i believe this belief in a gap originated in the 1800's before Darwin and evolution debate…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this, but I couldn't agree more - for example, I'm starting to see an attack on repentance(one of the pieces of salvation, that is) - where these "lordship salvation"-opponents are calling repentance a "work". Pretty much, alot of this crowd are the same ones pushing the gap theory.

Cheesy That is the message i sent to Dr Johnson after you told me to send him a message yes i did put down my name as kenya (part of my email address) 
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2015, 08:34:05 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2015, 10:11:57 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gap_creationism

History
Gap creationism became increasingly attractive near the end of the 18th century and first half of the 19th century, because the newly established science of geology had determined that the Earth was far older than common interpretations of Genesis and THE BIBLE-based Flood geology would allow. Gap creation allowed religious geologists (who composed the majority of the geological community at the time) to reconcile their faith in the Bible with the new authority of science. According to the doctrine of natural theology, science was in this period considered a second revelation, God's word in nature as well as in Scripture, so the two could not contradict each other.[4]

Gap creationism was popularized by Thomas Chalmers,[5] a professor at the University of Edinburgh, founder of the Free Church of Scotland, and AUTHOR of one of the Bridgewater Treatises, who attributed it to 17th century Dutch Arminian theologian Simon Episcopius. Other early proponents included Oxford University geology professor and fellow Bridgewater author William Buckland, Sharon Turner and Edward Hitchcock.[4]

It gained widespread attention when a "second creative act"[6] was discussed prominently in the reference notes for Genesis in the influential 1917 Scofield Reference Bible.[4]

In 1954, a few years before the re-emergence of Young Earth Flood geology eclipsed Gap creationism, influential evangelical theologian Bernard Ramm wrote in The Christian View of Science and Scripture:[4]

"THE GAP theory has become the standard interpretation throughout hyper-orthodoxy, appearing in an endless stream of books, booklets, BIBLE STUDIES, and periodical articles. In fact, it has become so sacrosanct with some that to question it is equivalent to tampering with Sacred Scripture or to manifest modernistic leanings".

This BOOK BY Ramm was influential in the formation of another alternative to gap creationism, that of progressive creationism, which found favour with more conservative members of the American Scientific Affiliation (a fellowship of scientists who are Christians), with the more modernist wing of that fellowship favouring theistic evolution.[7]

Proponents of this form of creationism have included Oral Roberts, Cyrus I. Scofield, Harry Rimmer, Jimmy Swaggart,[8] G. H. Pember, L. Allen Higley,[4] Arthur Pink, Peter Ruckman, Finis Jennings Dake, Chuck Missler, E. W. Bullinger, Donald Grey Barnhouse, Herbert W. Armstrong, Garner Ted Armstrong and Clarence Larkin.[9]
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »

Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2015, 04:52:41 pm »

Cheesy That is the message i sent to Dr Johnson after you told me to send him a message yes i did put down my name as kenya (part of my email address) 

Oh that was YOU that sent it! Cheesy I'll admit, you fooled me right there! Cheesy

Seriously - that pretty much sums up what this false doctrine is doing - bringing confusion into the body of Christ. Not just with the biblical creation doctrine, but other doctrines as well(like I responded above).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2015, 09:41:26 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2015, 02:50:50 pm »

1 Timothy 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Acts 20:28  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30  Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Act 20:31  Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Galatians 1:8  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Just read this now - this popped out at me, and more than proves this gap theory is just that, a doctrine of devils...

1 Timothy 1:3  As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
1Ti 1:4  Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2015, 01:09:51 pm »

I dont know about his other vids, i dont usually have a lot of time o watch all the vids posted.  Embarrassed But this one caught my eye. And i just quite watching when he said the Bible was JUST A HISTORY BOOK. Sorry but it is the VERY WORD OF GOD.

Psa 119:89

LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/scripture

SCRIP'TURE, n. [L. scriptura, from scribo, to write.]

2. Appropriately, and by way of distinction, the books of the Old and New Testament; the Bible. The word is used either in the singular or plural number, to denote the sacred writings or divine oracles, called sacred or holy, as proceeding from God and containing sacred doctrines and precepts.

There is not any action that a man ought to do or forbear, but the Scripture will give him a clear precept or prohibition for it.

Compared with the knowledge which the Scriptures contain, every other subject of human inquiry is vanity and emptiness.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:47 am »

Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Ephesians 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:17 am »

This is from a Ken Ham book, Did Eve Really Have An Extra Rib? 

Q. There are still many Christians who believe in some sort of gap between the first two verses of
the Book of Genesis. Didn’t Jesus Christ himself rule this out?

A. Absolutely. In fact, if you carefully study the words of Jesus, He made it plain that there
can’t be a gap of billions of years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

In Mark 10:6, Jesus said, “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and
female.”

In these words of Jesus, we find that He teaches that Adam and Eve were created in “the beginning
of the creation” — NOT after billions of years had passed.

Furthermore, this passage indicates that God had prepared a world for Adam and Eve shortly
before — over the five previous days. Also, the expression “beginning of the creation” rules out any
second start or “re-creation” as taught by many gap theorists.

The main reason people try to place a gap between the first two verses of Genesis is to
accommodate the supposed billions of years for the earth’s age.

Jesus made it plain that such a compromise can’t be done! And we should follow His understanding
and His words because, after all, He is the author of creation and the WORD!

Q. Because of publications such as the Scofield Reference Bible, there are many Christians who
believe in the idea of the “gap theory.” Does it really matter if Christians accept it?

A. Well, first let me explain the gap theory. This idea was developed in the 1800s by church
leaders who didn’t know what to do with what some scientists were saying about millions of
years of history. They popularized the idea that there was a gap of time between the first two
verses of Genesis 1. Into this gap, they put a PREVIOUS creation that was destroyed, thus
explaining the fossil record of millions of years. According to this view, God then re-created the
world in six days.

There are many major problems with this view, including the fact that the gap theory allows death
before Adam’s sin — and this is contrary to Scripture. Even though the “gap theorists” believe in
creation, the danger of their view is that they have based their beliefs from OUTSIDE of Scripture —
accepting the evolutionary belief in millions of years, and trying to fit this into the Bible. It’s telling
people that you can begin outside the Bible and accept man’s fallible theories, and use them to
interpret the Words of the infallible Creator.

God created everything in six days. There’s no room for a gap.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2015, 02:24:49 pm »

Like I said in another thread, this gap theory(which has really been pushed in recent years) is now reaping its rotten fruits - it's starting to cause more confusion with other basic doctrines. For example - salvation being one of them(ie-repentance and sin is getting watered down, and this same crowd also believes sanctification/growth is *optional* for the believer). I see why - the gap theory says death comes BEFORE sin, when it's the OTHER WAY AROUND. So if death comes BEFORE sin? Then it somehow means sin is not that big of a deal in God's eyes.

I'll be honest - I won't break fellowship with someone who is a gap theory believer. But nonetheless - BEWARE of those that are PUSHING this(as they've also brought in other heretical doctrines). I recently unsubscribed to YT channels that are continuing to push this.

1 Timothy 1:4  Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5  Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti 1:6  From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti 1:7  Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2015, 01:11:06 am »

i'm not a gap theory believer but something else that gets tied into this is the fall of satan. one believer i met said his theory was that satan fell on the first day of creation, just a theory, well they say that satan must have fallen before he tempted Eve in the Garden

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

here satan gets cursed

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

so something to think about when did satan first fall at what time?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2015, 05:21:06 am »

i'm not a gap theory believer but something else that gets tied into this is the fall of satan. one believer i met said his theory was that satan fell on the first day of creation, just a theory, well they say that satan must have fallen before he tempted Eve in the Garden

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

here satan gets cursed

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

so something to think about when did satan first fall at what time?

Here is my take on the fall of Satan. The Bible does not state it. You can glean some time when it happened, but not the exact time of it. For one thing Satan being an angel was created way before this creation was, well, created. The angels first abode is in Heaven, the place where God lives which is outside of creation. The angels were already there.

Jde 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

This verse shows that they live in Heaven not creation.

Here in Job, the Lord is talking about when He created creation. As you see the angels were already there.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So for starters we see that it didn't happen on the first day. In the beginning of Job, we know that he still has access to Heaven.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

This happens some time AFTER the Flood. But he is now called Satan and not Lucifer. We know that eventually Satan is cast out from Heaven and stuck inside of Creation.But we do not know when that happens or happened either.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2015, 06:10:30 am »

Here is my take on the fall of Satan. The Bible does not state it. You can glean some time when it happened, but not the exact time of it. For one thing Satan being an angel was created way before this creation was, well, created. The angels first abode is in Heaven, the place where God lives which is outside of creation. The angels were already there.

Jde 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

This verse shows that they live in Heaven not creation.

Here in Job, the Lord is talking about when He created creation. As you see the angels were already there.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So for starters we see that it didn't happen on the first day. In the beginning of Job, we know that he still has access to Heaven.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

This happens some time AFTER the Flood. But he is now called Satan and not Lucifer. We know that eventually Satan is cast out from Heaven and stuck inside of Creation.But we do not know when that happens or happened either.

That is a pretty neat answer i know some would think that Satan is of the angelic order but technically he is a cherub.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

So sometime before Eden satan fell
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: