End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:42:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 21929 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2015, 02:23:59 pm »

Personally, not only have I studied both sides of the issue, but I also was a gap believer recently.

I am 100% certain that the gap is nothing more than just that, a THEORY(AT BEST, that is).

Our LORD created the earth in 6 days/24 hours per day. End of story.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »

The only thing I might discredit are some of your interpretations of the Bible.I have never pushed for evolution and have rejected it from my youth. That is a false accusation and a rude attempt to offend me that will not work. You really shouldn`t do such things to other Christians.

than WHY are you pushing gap theory? Its not supported by the Bible anywhere
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
RickStudy

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2015, 02:38:14 pm »

My comments in ()

any proof to that what so ever?

( There is. But I don`t think I`ll tell you about it unless you start being nicer LOL!  It`s all just speculation of course. A handful of Bible verses along with a few scientific facts. I enjoy comtemplating Biblical mysteries and looking for other clues from science, history etc. More or less it`s a hobby. I think you feel threatened by issues that you shouldn`t be. It`s a non salvation issue so not really so serious from my point of view.)

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

no death until Adam sinned. nothing that was alive died. nothing.

( In my opinion Romans 5:12 would only pertain from Genesis 1:2 onward. I think there probably was life that died but it might be that everything was eternal. The angels that are fallen haven`t died in the sense that you mean as of yet. That`s an interesting question but it`s one of those things that cannot be answered conclusively. That`s the thing you see or maybe you don`t LOL! The Bible gives almost no information about what was going on before man was created. There are only fragments of information that invite speculation. For me it`s always been fun to try and figure it out. If it wasn`t ok to do that in my opinion, God wouldn`t have left the crumbs in the Bible that spark the curiousity. I think maybe thats why I might enjoy talkin to you about it because you are just so no fun on the issue  Grin  )
Report Spam   Logged
RickStudy

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

than WHY are you pushing gap theory? Its not supported by the Bible anywhere

The term gap theory is your manmade term for it not mine. I have used the term because it is a point of reference that you understand. Putting it in my terms, I believe there was an age and possibly multiple ages before Genesis 1:2. It is a view that is based on a handful of verses, it cannot be conclusively proven or disproven. I have the opinion that the scripture evidence heavily favors a previous age but I don`t get mad at those who disagree. Belief in an Age previous to man is an ancient view. It was not invented in 1814 but one could say it was probably hijacked in 1814. I don`t even know what know what the 1814 gap theory means because I have never read it or studied it. I only know the handful of things the Bible says that appear to be talking about things that happened before the creation of man. The best way to understand my position is to read the article I posted earlier. Its not very long.
Report Spam   Logged
RickStudy

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2015, 03:08:40 pm »

Personally, not only have I studied both sides of the issue, but I also was a gap believer recently.

I am 100% certain that the gap is nothing more than just that, a THEORY(AT BEST, that is).

Our LORD created the earth in 6 days/24 hours per day. End of story.

I personally would never describe it as anything but a theory. My opinion, the evidence is pro gap but it is just a thoery because there isn`t enough scripture to prove it.

I`m not sure why the 24 hour day is so important to you guys. I did a little research on it and from what I see it is an issue that there is a lot of disagreement on. To me it`s something that merits enough latitude to not crucify a brother who has an opinion that differs from my own.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2015, 12:09:56 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2015, 09:50:18 pm »

Eccl 8:5  Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2015, 11:42:42 am »

http://www.icr.org/article/1063

Did Noah's Flood Cover the Whole Earth?
by John D. Morris, Ph.D.
Resources › Earth Sciences Resources › Noah's Ark and Flood

Not too long ago, a scientist who claims to believe the Bible and calls himself a creationist, came to ICR to confront us with our error of teaching a recent creation. He held to a 5-billion year-old earth, a view, which we feel, is fraught with many logical fallacies, not the least of which is the insistence that the Flood of Noah was merely a local flood.

Here is the issue: All advocates of the old earth insist that "proof" of such ages lies in the rocks and fossils of the earth's crust. They claim these were laid down by either slow and gradual processes, or by occasional rapid processes of local extent. The fact that many of these rock layers are of continental extent forces them to postulate migrating shorelines, widely meandering rivers, unthinkably large deltas, etc. Furthermore, the rock units in most cases were laid down by catastrophic events, but these events, they say, were rare, occurring every million years or so.

But if the flood actually happened the way the Bible seems to describe it (i.e., a year-long, mountain-covering, world-restructuring event), it would have laid down many layers of mud full of dead things (i.e., now rocks and fossils) covering immense areas, having been deposited under catastrophic conditions. A proper interpretation of the rocks and fossils speaks of a global, dynamic, watery catastrophe: the Biblical Deluge.

Only denial of Biblical teaching could lead one to misinterpret the rocks and fossils to support long ages. If the flood happened the way the Bible says it happened, then it laid down the rocks and fossils, and there is no remaining evidence for an old earth, or evolution, for that matter.

Let me urge you to read carefully Genesis 6-9. If God was really trying to describe a local flood, He certainly could have written much more clearly, for over and over again the wording demands a global flood. In fact, I have counted over 100 times when the wording implies a global flood. Consider these few quotes of the many: "the face of the earth (i.e., planet)" (6:1); "end of all flesh . . .the earth is filled with violence . . .I will destroy them with the earth" (6:13); "destroy all flesh wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven, and everything that is in the earth shall die" (6:17); etc., etc.

Furthermore, God promised never to send another flood like Noah's Flood (9:11, 15), but there have been many local floods, even regional floods, since Noah's Flood. If Noah's Flood was only a local flood, then God lied to us. Likewise, there was no need for Noah to build an ark for his survival for he had many years' warning (6:3).

Perhaps more convincing is the fact that Jesus Christ based His teaching of coming judgment on all mankind on the fact that Noah's Flood judged all mankind (Matthew 24:36-39, Luke 17:26, 27). A local flood implies a partial judgment. Likewise, Peter based his prophecy that the existing planet: will "melt with fervent heat" (II Peter 3:10) and an entire"new heavens" and a "new earth" will be recreated (3:13) on the historical fact of the global flood of Noah's day (3:6). All things considered, few doctrines are taught as clearly in Scripture as that of the global flood.

The Christian need not distort the clear teachings of the Word of God. My testimony as a geologist is this: I know no fact of geology that cannot be interpreted by the Biblical worldview in a way at least as satisfying as (usually better than) the evolutionary, slow-and-gradual worldview.

*Dr. John Morris is President of ICR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis 1:2 describes the earth at that point and time as "without form and void" - there's NO way some "Lucifer's flood" (or whatever worldwide catastrophic flood judgment the gap theory proponents want to call it) happened. NADA!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2015, 03:46:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2015, 10:24:59 pm »

Job 12:12  With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

Even this verse says 6 day creation, no gap period. End of story.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2016, 12:31:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2016, 12:41:17 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2016, 05:22:55 pm »

I liked that.

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

The pre fallen Satan. So impossible for Satan to have fallen before Gen 1:2 as the Garden wasn't even made yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2016, 07:14:25 pm »

Yes, that's what caught my attention when I watched Wampler (the pastor in this video point this out) - I never thought about that (that Eden was NOT created before Gen 1:2). That right there blows the whole gap theory out of the water.

BTW - did you notice how Wampler was grimacing at Greg Miller's arrogance (when he played that short clip from his sermon)?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »

BTW - did you notice how Wampler was grimacing at Greg Miller's arrogance (when he played that short clip from his sermon)?

It's kind of hard not to when Greg Miller opens his mouth.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2016, 05:18:46 pm »

Seriously, this nonsense has infiltrated so deep, that it's slowly becoming acceptable ESPECIALLY in King James Bible circles! It's really, really sad.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2017, 06:01:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2017, 06:05:07 pm »

Beat me to it! Cheesy

I'm about 15 minutes into it, so far, very good. These kinds of sermons are much needed!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:44 pm »

Excellent sermon! He made 3 very good points...

1) By and large, a lot of these preachers and teachers are teaching it not b/c their wolves, per se, but b/c they were TAUGHT IT INITIALLY. I can attest for this myself, as I bought into it initially. And yes, it's by and large hit KJB fundamental circles. Even some very good preachers and evangelists from yesteryear (ie, AW Tozer and AW Pink, both of whom I personally highly regard) bought into the gap.

2) The chronologies in various chapters of the bible PROVE there's NO "history" before the creation period, NONE. But en yet people will still look at the geologic columns, the evolutionary models, and what not to get answers. It's all RIGHT THERE in scripture, the chronology that is!

3) Death came by rebellion/sin of MAN (Adam), and NOT Satan. This is HUGE, b/c if we buy into the latter, then we lose our understanding of The SAVIOUR, Jesus Christ, who came into the world to give salvation.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2017, 01:22:42 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2017, 01:51:17 pm »

I saw this 2 years ago, which was the first Joey Wampler sermon I saw.

Pretty much explained everything - and he made a good point, that the proponents of it tend to get offended when you point out the heresies.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2017, 04:59:19 pm »

Even more interesting things are covered in this sermon!

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2017, 06:18:26 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »

Published on Feb 16, 2017

A video on the topic of "STUDY" itself and to get you really thinking about WHAT it is you are studying and WHY. I also pose some challenging things for consideration with regards to the ultimate purpose of study. I pray it provokes you to think on it as you ought to.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »

Was surprised by some of the things they talked about I never knew! Cooley did this radio show with an IFB minister in Michigan, well worth the listen!

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=711172320127

A Biblical ReProof Of The Gap Theory: Pre-Adamic Flood Or Modern Fraud?
Series:  OPBC ONLINE Radio Show  · 7 of 7

7/11/2017 (TUE)

Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=711172320127
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: