End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 06:38:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?  (Read 22064 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:48:20 am »

This Greg Miller guy has these 2 teachings in pdf form on his site.

http://bbfohio.com/transcripts/genesisgap1
http://bbfohio.com/transcripts/genesisgap2

Let me just say, he would give Steve Quayle a run for his money.

There is no gap at all. When God created the Heavens and the Earth in verse one, the Heavens were all of space and time here in our creation. NOT the heaven where the Lord Dwells. He already lived there and didnt have to create it.

Is Greg Miller a Hebrew roots guy? Because this is what they do. I have special knowledge of this Hebrew word and you dont so you have to listen to me. Please... Roll Eyes

You don't need the Hebrew to understand what this is saying, but just for your
information, the “toho” is the word “created void”, it's translated “void” in verse 2 in
Genesis 1, it's the same translated “not in vain.” It's the same phrase. It's the same thing.
God would not create things – He says, “not created in vain.” He didn't create it in void in the state of chaos, as we call it, “without form.” So we know that Genesis 1:2 is not the
condition that God created things in, because Isaiah says so right here. He says, “he
formed it to be inhabited.” That's referring to it being inhabited by “man.” You can't
inhabit what we see in Genesis 1:2. We can inhabit what we see in Genesis 1:1, as far as
we know, but in Genesis 1:2, it's uninhabitable. It can't be “habited.” (Laughter.) So, I want you to let that sink in. What does the Bible say? Really, most of this stuff is so simple, it just comes down to believing what you read. The Bible says God would not create things the way it looks in Genesis 1:2. So he didn't. Amen? (Amen!) He didn't!

The Lord did create it to be inhabited. Just not on Day 1 or Day 2 or Day 3 even Day 4.  Roll Eyes

I wouldnt follow this guy at all. Especially after that portion right there. I know what this word means and you dont. Scott and Brian both have mentioned in there teachings how these Hebrew Roots people do that all the time.  Cheesy

This message is important for several reasons.
First of all, the Biblical doctrine of the Genesis Gap is important because it is BIBLICAL.
Much of what we read in the Bible will make no sense without the foundational truth
found in this doctrine of The Genesis Gap.

Huh Dude its not biblical at all because it doesnt exist.

Secondly, this message is important because it is rarely being taught, today. We will
discuss in the message but just 50 years ago you would be hard pressed to find a
fundamental Christian pastor not teaching this truth. Such are the days when men will
not endure sound doctrine.

rarely taught? its taught by all the Steve Quayle's new age people out there. True Christians dont buy it, only the super fringe due because they also believe in aliens on other planets and in almost all cases evolution.

Thirdly, this message is important because, sadly, many who hold to the Young Earth
theory teach outright lies and distortions, falsely claiming that those of us who believe in
the Biblical doctrine of the Genesis Gap are making room for the belief in evolution and
many of these Young Earth theory teachers consistently lump Gap believers in with
evolustionits.

Lets get one thing straight here. The Gap Theory was brought into existence as we know it today with the pre adamite peoples, see next teaching, come from trying to fit evolution into the Bible. That is why your lumped in with them. Its better to just keep all the liars in one basket. And all of this stems from ONE Book. Earth's Earliest Ages by G. H. Pember. I have read this book, twice. It is a very well written book but Pember was trying to mix evolution in with the Bible. Doesnt work. He was lied to and deceived by the science of his day. The Book was written in 1876, so he did not have the knowledge from science that all of evolution was a big lie.

Steve Quayle and Tom Horn both promote this book as biblical truth. And this Greg Miller endorses those two. come on man...

The Young Earth Creation model. That things appear older than 6,000 years, God is not pulling – that'show they teach it! The Young Earth Creationists teach it that God is basically trying to trick people. Hemade things LOOK older than they were, but they're actually not. God's not – that's not his game!God's not trying to “trick” you. There's an explanation as to why things appear older than 6,000 years,because they are. If you understand the Genesis Gap, you have your answers

He must be a fan of Pat Robertson. Really? this guy teaches this stuff? Guess Angels fly in UFO's also.  Roll Eyes

Such are the days when men will not endure sound doctrine.

I will leave with this.

Jhn 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Jhn 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Exd 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

That last part was literally written in STONE by the Lords very finger. 

There is no gap, the Bible does not allow for it. Only people trying to mix some other belief with the Bible use the gap theory. Not all these people are bad they are just heretics for teaching non Biblical doctrines. Like the gap theory, or an old earth, or aliens in ufos, it just keeps leading you down the path until you believe the new-age belief. Look at Steve Quayle and Tom Horn. Both nice guys, the both put out some good teachings, but the teach way more false stuff. That is what Greg Miller is doing here, and from reading part 1 and 2 that is the direction he is heading. And i guarantee that when he gets his gap site up and 1 of the two free books will be Pembers.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: