End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:02:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bible Believers Fellowship: BD

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Believers Fellowship: BD  (Read 64630 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2011, 06:06:53 pm »

The Devil And Music Part 2 11/29/2011

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1129111631515

John 4:19-24. In this second part of our music sermon, we will examine what makes "good" Christian music. We cover three basic standards for Christian music.

The first is the composition of the music. Good music will have a primary emphasis on Melody, Harmony, and a little Rhythm to tie the music together. BAD music has a primary emphasis on Rhythm.

The second standard we discuss will be the lyrics of a song. Do the words of a song line up with scripture?

And finally we look at WHO is singing the music. God is NOT interested in lost sinners singing praises to him!

We conclude the sermon by discussing the importance of individual singing in the life of a Christian.

FYI, Bryan is giving out a free book titled "Inside Rock Music", about someone who gives his testimony b/c he was yoked with Christian Rock at one point in his life, until he got out and repented. Also exposes both rock and "Christian" rock music. Read this with my free time the last couple of days without a PC.

It is FASCINATING, to say the least, give it a 9/10. My jaw just dropped over how demon-infested any kind of rock music is, largely b/c not necessarily the lyrics involved in it, but all the rhythm, beats, and other subtle techniques they use to get their audiences bewitched. Of course, the lyrics are very bad too, but even worse, they are very subtle with some of their subliminal messages they put in their lyrics. My only reservation about it is that when he talks about being obedient to God's Word, a couple of times he says we need to obey God's 10 Commandment law. This is wrong, b/c we are NOT under the law any more, but under grace, and Jesus narrowed it down to 2 commandments(love the Lord with all your heart soul strength and mind, and love others as you do yourselves).

But no, it's not like this guy is a false teacher for anything to include this, but just goes to show that no matter how good fruit someone bears, you always have to search the scriptures to see if these things are so, and in our flesh dwelleth no good thing(as it's no surprise why 99% of these materials have a bit of error in them).

Anyhow, if you haven't gotten it already, definitely email Bryan to mail you one.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2011, 03:27:40 am »

The Devil And Music Part 2 11/29/2011

By Bryan Delinger

The 12 page PDF is here:

http://playpdf.sa-media.com/media/1129111631515/1129111631515.pdf

But as BornAgain2 said you should get the book!
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2011, 03:06:08 am »

Answering Christmas Criticisms 12/25/2011

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12251114131510

Jeremiah 10:1-5. Today on this Sunday of Christmas, we will look at many of the attacks made against the celebration of this holiday.

We begin by looking at the definition of the word "Christmas", as it is defined in Webster's 1828 dictionary. You will see the Saxon word "maesse" actually means "a holy day or festival" and is NOT a reference to the Roman Catholic "Mass" where Jesus is supposedly re-sacrificed!

Next we look at Jeremiah 10:1-5, and see that the ancient heathen practice of cutting and decorating a tree is NOT condemned as a SIN, but is called a "vain custom".

We look up scriptures showing that "holy days" were celebrated by Jesus before the crucifixion, by Paul as a Christian, and in fact even in the coming Millennium!

We conclude by asking 6 questions to the brethren who oppose Christmas.

1. What will you do about the "Christmas" songs like Joy To The World, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, etc.?

2. Will you accept or reject a "Christmas bonus" and paid vacation on December 25?

3. Will you rebuke a lost person who wishes you a Merry Christmas?

4. Will you ban EVERYTHING with "heathen" roots?

5. Will you use a computer which is often used for evil, and was designed by pagans?

6. Do you want your children to grow up not understanding a "father giving gifts to his children"?

THINK about it!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2011, 08:23:46 am »

Answering Christmas Criticisms 12/25/2011

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12251114131510

Jeremiah 10:1-5. Today on this Sunday of Christmas, we will look at many of the attacks made against the celebration of this holiday.

We begin by looking at the definition of the word "Christmas", as it is defined in Webster's 1828 dictionary. You will see the Saxon word "maesse" actually means "a holy day or festival" and is NOT a reference to the Roman Catholic "Mass" where Jesus is supposedly re-sacrificed!

Next we look at Jeremiah 10:1-5, and see that the ancient heathen practice of cutting and decorating a tree is NOT condemned as a SIN, but is called a "vain custom".

We look up scriptures showing that "holy days" were celebrated by Jesus before the crucifixion, by Paul as a Christian, and in fact even in the coming Millennium!

We conclude by asking 6 questions to the brethren who oppose Christmas.

1. What will you do about the "Christmas" songs like Joy To The World, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, etc.?

2. Will you accept or reject a "Christmas bonus" and paid vacation on December 25?

3. Will you rebuke a lost person who wishes you a Merry Christmas?

4. Will you ban EVERYTHING with "heathen" roots?

5. Will you use a computer which is often used for evil, and was designed by pagans?

6. Do you want your children to grow up not understanding a "father giving gifts to his children"?

THINK about it!

Eh...will have to pass on this one...no, doesn't change my opinion on Bryan, but it seems like overall, the 2 biggest dividing issues among Christians are the pre vs post trib rapture and whether xmas is or isn't a pagan holiday. Thankfully, the KJV issue isn't a dividing issue among Christians(although some to most will reject the KJV).

Just hold fast to what ye have learned...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2011, 08:40:10 am »

FYI, this is from a SECULAR site...

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Christmas

Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the Christians. Efforts to fix a date for the birth of Christ began some two centuries after his death, as the Catholic Church began to establish its traditions. Christmas is now celebrated on December 25 in catholic, protestant, and most orthodox churches. The Jerusalem, Russian, Serbian and Georgian orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on January 7. This date results from their having accepted neither the reforms of the Gregorian calendar nor the Revised Julian calendar, with their ecclesiastic December 25 thus falling on the civil (Gregorian) date of January 7 from 1900 to 2099. The Armenian Church places much more emphasis on the Epiphany, the visitation by the Magi, than on Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2011, 02:48:31 am »

the 2 biggest dividing issues among Christians are the pre vs post trib rapture and whether xmas is or isn't a pagan holiday. Thankfully, the KJV issue isn't a dividing issue among Christians(although some to most will reject the KJV).

Not in my experience i see that when i say i only read the KJV and every Christian should read it some have said that i'm being divisive. Your right though about the pre trib and post trib rapture views with Christians on both sides calling the other side heretics, false teachers etc. Whether xmas is a pagan holiday or not many Christians have said they just like the day so they can think about Jesus, that it is a good opportunity to witness to people about the truth of the Lord Jesus. Others Christians want nothing to do with Xmas and know the paganism behind it all. Either way it is just another day to me. It's Best to work for the Lord Jesus while there is daylight or moonlight.

The Jerusalem, Russian, Serbian and Georgian orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on January 7.

Wow didn't know that. Just when Dec 25 is not enough more people are celebrating another Xmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 01:52:23 am »

Celibacy or Single Living? 1/1/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=11121058282

Matthew 19:12; 1 Corinthians 7. What does the Bible teach about the single, unmarried Christian? Does the Roman Catholic teaching of forced celibacy have any basis in scripture? What does it mean to be a "eunuch for the kingdom of heaven's sake"?

What are the benefits of living as a single man or woman, in the service of Jesus Christ? Is this life for everyone? How can you tell if single living is right for you as a Christian?

We will answer these questions in today's sermon. Hear the facts preached by a single man, unlike many of the other sermons on single living which are often preached by married pastors!
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:46 am »

The Coming Underground House Church

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=18121617243

Proverbs 22:3; Revelation 13. With the recent push for "gay rights" and the signing of the NDAA Bill into law, the possibility for Bible-believing Christian persecution is FAST approaching! IF this time comes before the rapture, how will Christians be able to survive?

In today's sermon we look at the practice of worshiping the Lord in secret. Many Christians have done this in the past, and many more do today in countries like North Korea, China, and Pakistan.

You will see the two choices from scripture when persecution comes. You will need to decide between martyrdom or hiding from the evil.

This sermon is NOT about paranoia or bringing fear, but rather about making preparations for what could be coming soon to the English speaking Christians!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2012, 12:04:23 pm »

The Coming Underground House Church

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=18121617243

Proverbs 22:3; Revelation 13. With the recent push for "gay rights" and the signing of the NDAA Bill into law, the possibility for Bible-believing Christian persecution is FAST approaching! IF this time comes before the rapture, how will Christians be able to survive?

In today's sermon we look at the practice of worshiping the Lord in secret. Many Christians have done this in the past, and many more do today in countries like North Korea, China, and Pakistan.

You will see the two choices from scripture when persecution comes. You will need to decide between martyrdom or hiding from the evil.

This sermon is NOT about paranoia or bringing fear, but rather about making preparations for what could be coming soon to the English speaking Christians!

This is a very good sermon - hiding yourselves in the time of evil...yeah, never thought about that, and has nothing to do with denying Jesus either.

Forget the 2012 "prophecies" from Nostradomas and the Mayans, b/c the signs ARE here as the bible talks about. The NDAA bill, etc. Just keep looking up as our redemption draweth nigh. Don't listen to those Churchianity pastors whose agendas are to maintain their budget$.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:27 pm »

It's not so much hiding, as it is watching and avoiding all appearence of evil. It's a withdrawl from but not a hiding from, if that makes sense. We have no need to hide from anything. "If God be for us..."

The description of the woman in Revelation is not what some may think because I'm not sure they really read the verse...

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days." Revelation 12:9 (KJB)

Notice the word "hide" is not used, but simply "fled into the wilderness". Will people literally flee intot he woods? Some will. But is not God a Spirit? So what do we read spiritually? Is not the world spiritually "the wilderness"? I think so, it fits. The wildernes for us is the world. Basically, God is "hiding" us in plain site.

Consider who it is that your trusting to protect you...

"What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?" Romans 8:31 (KJB)

The world will do it's evil, and evil men will try to hide from Jesus, but it won't work, all the while the body of Christ is protected and delivered, thank you Jesus!
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2012, 03:46:14 am »

Yeah this was a great sermon. I had always thought that running away from my problems would make people believe i was a coward or fearful of everything. As Bryan showed even Jesus went into hiding! He could have mentioned more examples, the Apostles hiding from the Jews, Elijah running from Jezebel etc but the thing is to know what the Holy Spirit wants you to do. When i read the KJV it does not tell me to hide there or hide here. I will have to work out where to hide. That is the main thing with me i want to do the right thing in critical circumstances. I dont want to runaway like Elijah did and then find out that God didn't want me to run away. And i dont want to be stupid and not hide from evil when evil is close at hand. Do you see my dilemma? I'm betwixt about the two. Even Dr Johnson left Florida because he did not feel safe there. I kind of hope that an angel will appear one day and tell me to do this or that, i have not seen an angel yet according to my knowledge, how about my fellow brethren?

When someone gets fearful they can lose there rational abilities and Satan hopes to tempt Christians to be fearful about this or that. I mean if you just heard that Christians were going to Fema Camps or there was martial law across America, or that WW3 has started how will you react? i think Satan does a bluff he makes something happen that the Christian does not have to worry about because of protection and peace given to them by God and the Christian should just ignore the world and live for the Lord Jesus until whatever end they have.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2012, 02:42:13 am »

**** Viewers Are Being Tracked, Traced, and Databased! 1/11/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=111121230487

Proverbs 15:3; Romans 2:16. When someone looks at online ****ography, are they doing this in private? Or is their activity being tracked and recorded? Do people have the ability to spy on those who access their websites?

In this very shocking message, you will hear proof that EVERY click of your mouse which you make online, is in FACT being tracked and put into a database! We will see from an article that hackers can break into top-level government security web systems, and expose those who view ****ography. Truly, nobody is safe from being exposed!

We will also see what the Bible says about the ultimate system of tracking! What does God think of His children when they view ****ography? How will He punish?

Finally we look at some more new ideas on how a Christian can fight this terrible addiction.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:23:47 am by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2012, 11:54:47 am »

^^^

This is an excellent sermon.

Yeah, one of the big problems with the modern-day church is that they think there are a select "special" Christian leaders that are annointed as such b/c since they got saved, they lived these so-called deep Godly Christian lives where all they had was thoughts about God, prayed all the time, read their bibles and fasted all the time, never had any kind of idolatry or worldly thoughts, etc, where they were rewarded as being prophets, leaders, you name it, and supposedly they also were rewarded by having NO trouble in the flesh anymore.

I experienced this in my previous church(even the Baptist seminary President went as far as putting the pastor up on a pedestial), and recently you guys know about my encounters with this "missionary demon caster-outer".

Even Bryan himself admitted he has constant struggles in the flesh(and even fell from grace a couple of years ago, until God really got his attention). Yeah, do NOT be deceived into thinking that the more we read our bibles, the more we pray and fast, etc, that we will all of a sudden live this sinless lives and no longer have our flesh war against us. It's a constant battle, but God will always provide a way out for us. And also do not be deceived into thinking that if we stray away from this and that, God in return will remove the wars of the flesh from us. This is a doctrine of WORKS. Been there, done that.

I can honestly say that every time I get strong temptations, almost immediately the Lord is strongly reminding me of key bible passages. And no, I don't try to memorize bible verses, but en yet the Lord is so merciful and gracious that he brings them to remembrance. Thank you Jesus! And on those occassions where I end up giving into the pigpen, guess what, I end up feeling INCREDIBLY rotten(that for a good bit I feel no peace a joy). During my unsaved days, I would end up feeling satisfaction, and would end up going on for hours with it.

Yes, this privacy tracking the government is doing is very concerning, but let's NOT FORGET our spiritual battles we're dealing with. Even if the government isn't tracking us, we STILL have to give account to God.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 03:20:54 am »

A Christian And Their Occupation 1/15/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1151212245110

2 Thessalonians 3:6-13. Does God expect a Christian to work? How do you reconcile the instructions in Matthew 6:24-34 with what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13? Is God for the modern welfare system?

What are God's standards for an occupation? Can you glorify God with the work you do? Are there certain jobs which a Christian should avoid?

What about "keeping the Sabbath"? Are Christians to worship the Lord on Saturday or Sunday? Can a Christian work on a Sunday? What about working for 7 days without a break?

We will look at all of these issues in today's sermon.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

Do you know if anyone has this, "A Christian And Their Occupation", in text? If need be, I'll transcribe it, but it would be nice if already done. Any online tools that will for free?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 05:51:02 am »

Do you know if anyone has this, "A Christian And Their Occupation", in text? If need be, I'll transcribe it, but it would be nice if already done. Any online tools that will for free?

Its not as easy as you think it is.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 08:00:16 am »

Excellent! I haven't listened to the sermon yet, but haven't we discussed this same topic quite a bit last year?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 09:19:32 am »

Are you saying there's software tools to transcribe audios to text? Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2012, 10:26:28 am »

Just listened to it - first off, was wondering if everyone here can listen to this so that we can have a discussion on this issue(and don't want to give away any spoilers now).

It's a very good sermon(even though unsurprisingly, I disagreed on a couple of points, but as always with everyone else).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

Are you saying there's software tools to transcribe audios to text? Huh

there are those dragon talk things. but you have to talk into it.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »

Its not as easy as you think it is.

And while I did ask if anybody knew of any tools for this type stuff, I'm far more educated on the topic than you might think, for what it's worth!

I know it isn't easy. Speech recognition does work okay, it isn't great. That said, it does work. The wife has that dragon stuff at work, so I can ask her if it will take an audio file of somebody talking. Basically, the operative word is "free" is mainly why I even asked. I have my own tech geek sources if needed (I do speek geek), but an application that can do this costs money, just like the transcribe services, so I thought I might ask if somebody already has something.

I'm running Windows XP so I don't have the speech thing that Vista and Win7 has, which would work for this. If a person has either Vista or Win7, they can transcribe this using the speech thing it has. 
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:55 pm »

Here's a portion of an email I got from Bryan today...

I just heard about the "Christian and Missionary Alliance" doing corporate take-overs of small debt-free churches here in America! I will be doing a short message on this issue within the next few days.

Does anyone here know anything about this?

I also asked him questions what we've been discussing here over the last month or 2 - he thought with the times we are living in, it really raises alot of really good questions to think about. He himself said he has no health insurance, nor works for an employer.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2012, 03:16:00 am »

Corporate Church Hostile Takeover! 1/17/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1171217591

Matthew 24:12. Here is the link to this news story on James Sundquist's website:

http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com/post/church-battles-to-keep-paramus-location-abc-news/

He provides the links to many articles showing how denominations like the Christian Missionary Alliance and Assemblies of God, are now stealing "paid for" church properties and selling them for a profit!!!

The articles also detail how the C&MA are removing the "credentials" of pastors who go against their authority!

The 501c3 "church" corporations are starting to implode!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:39 pm »

^^^

You know, it seems like whenever you talk to the average pastor/Churchianity folks about the imminent Rev 13 prophecies/mark of the beast system, they will just laugh and scoff at it. One time, when I tried to talk about it with someone in this crowd, he almost immediately said how it was John Darby who (somehow)came up with this idea.

I mean seriously, no wonder why...b/c the entire Churchianity system is doing their part to implement this MOB system! What they're doing as described above, they're really gone overboard now!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2012, 06:17:48 am »

By Bryan Delinger

Matthew 24:12. Here is the link to this news story on James Sundquist's website:

http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com/post/church-battles-to-keep-paramus-location-abc-news/

He provides the links to many articles showing how denominations like the Christian Missionary Alliance and Assemblies of God, are now stealing "paid for" church properties and selling them for a profit!!!

The articles also detail how the C&MA are removing the "credentials" of pastors who go against their authority!

That is a sad story. Ill have to look into this CMA organization.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2012, 02:57:26 am »

History's Greatest Celebrity 1/22/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1221211242710

1 Kings 10; Ecclesiastes. In this sermon, we will look at the life of Solomon. You will see how he achieved a greater level of fame, fortune, wisdom, and relations with women, than ANY other man in history!

But how did he view all of his worldly achievements? He saw them all as "vanity and vexation of spirit", and looked at his "celebrity status" as a wasted life!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:28 am »

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.baysidecommunitychurch.net/home.html

I just saw this church's web site on another message board, here's some of the stuff said on it...

A Word about Finances and Missions
 Bayside Community Church has no debt and has no employees. This means that all of the gifts to Bayside are used to meet the Church’s modest operating expenses, to support the personal ministries of our speakers through honorariums, and to support missionary activities from schools, colleges and seminaries to domestic and foreign evangelistic ministries.

Christian Education
 Bayside supports a number of seminaries, Christian colleges, Bible schools, and Christian High schools. These have included Dallas Theological Seminary, Southern Evangelical Seminary, Moody Bible Institute, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Emmaus Bible College, Clearwater Christian College, Cambridge Christian School, Union University (Stephen Olford Study Program), and Tyndale Theological Seminary. Bayside also supports The Ryrie Foundation, providing scholarships for seminary students.

^^^ Supposedly for a church that is "independent", this looks pretty dodgy. They should know full well that the Dallas Theological Seminary President Chuck Swindoll is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Recently he said churches should yoke with 501c3, and he also endorsed Rick Warren. Pretty much 99% of "Christian schools" are pretty corrupt too.

Bayside is unique in that it is a conference church. Each week a different pastor, theologian, or seminary professor comes to preach and teach the Word to us. This has been going on for over 25 years, and our favorites return again and again. Names you might recognize like Charles Ryrie, John Walvoord, Stephen Olford, Dave Breese, Walter Kaiser, Dave Hunt, Theodore Epp, Merrill Unger, Henry Morris, as well as many other wonderful men, have faithfully ministered to us. We love this concept and invite anyone to come and visit us.

Would never hear a word from a "seminary professor", and you?

Also, any church with "community" in its name is a red flag.

Anyhow, yeah, just from the opening sentences in the first paragraph posted above reminded me of things Bryan spoke about.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2012, 10:35:43 am »

History's Greatest Celebrity 1/22/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1221211242710

1 Kings 10; Ecclesiastes. In this sermon, we will look at the life of Solomon. You will see how he achieved a greater level of fame, fortune, wisdom, and relations with women, than ANY other man in history!

But how did he view all of his worldly achievements? He saw them all as "vanity and vexation of spirit", and looked at his "celebrity status" as a wasted life!

This is a very good sermon - also to add that Bryan didn't mention...these so-called "celebrity" pastors are ALSO CONTRARY to Solomon. Remember how God brought Solomon DOWN for falling away into idolatry like that. These so-called "celebrity" pastors continue to thrive materially.

Pt being that this is another way to discern wolves - if let's say Crefro Dollar and Joel Osteen were true born again believers, God would have humbled and brought them down a long time ago. For that matter too, I doubt if they would have achieved this high level for even 2 seconds even if they tried really hard. The same goes for Billy Graham(whether or not he has Freemason ties to boot).

Anyhow, this is a very interesting sermon.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:06 pm »

Another thing that people tend to forget, Solomon had wealth and fame if for no other reason he was the ruler of a country. He was a king. Wealth kinda goes with the job! There has been many wealthy kings, but Solomon was a cut above them all in treasures on earth, but pretty muc all of the wealth wasn't even his, it belonged to the people Israel, and most of that went into the building of the temple.

True, people need to remember that Solomon did lament his position. "Vanity of vanities saith the preacher; all is vanity".
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2012, 03:10:14 am »

Old Testament Law vs. New Testament Liberty 1/29/2012

By Bryan Delinger

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12912118158

Leviticus 5:1-5; 1 Corinthians 6:12. In today's sermon we will compare the Old Testament laws given by God to Moses, with the New Testament issues of liberty given to Christians.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: