End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:53:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bible Believers Fellowship: BD

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Believers Fellowship: BD  (Read 64677 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2013, 01:53:42 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2013, 11:07:07 am »

The Fellowship Tract League tracts are pretty good, and they're free as well(their ministry is in Ohio).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »

What About Dreams and Near Death Experiences?
Published on Jun 9, 2013
Sermon preached for 6/9/2013.

Job 4:12  Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof.
Job 4:13  In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
Job 4:14  Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
Job 4:15  Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
Job 4:16  It stood still, but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice, saying,
Job 4:17  Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Job 4:18  Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
Job 4:19  How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:38 am »

This is a good vid. charimatics and pentecostals need to see this. God speaks to us through His word and it is worth more than all the silver and gold in the earth yet many want another way! God's word is a sword that fights of evil spiritual forces - Ephesians 6. Many are spirituallly unarmed no wonder there lives go shipwreck.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2013, 02:50:00 am »

^^

At the end of the video Bryan asked was there any ideas on where he shoots his videos or is there any comments about his ministry?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2013, 03:38:56 am »

is there any comments about his ministry?

Sure, and he can read them right here in this forum.

Personally, I think the videos are too long. Cut out the fluff and get to the point.

"...therefore let thy words be few"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2013, 04:24:02 pm »

I haven't listened to this one(and probably won't as I have a lot of other stuff to do this week) - I like Bryan's videos a lot, he does a very good job talking about and explaining scripture.

But as for 10 commandments for the New Testament Christian? Again, I won't have time to watch it this week, and I know Bryan isn't talking about the OT commandments, but nonetheless is the subject of even NT commandments and obeying them something Christians shouldn't even be debating, or at least be very careful when discussing them?

The reason why I say this is b/c we're not under the OT law/10 commandments anymore. No, I'm not saying let's throw the baby out of the bathwater, but just from my experiences, whenever these discussions come up, the next thing I know everyone starts getting on the bandwagon that Christians need to obey these commandments as part of salvation, even if the discussion is about NT commandments.

Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Gal 3:19  Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20  Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21  Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25  But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:28:25 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2013, 03:51:13 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:35 am »

At the 38 minute mark, Bryan says that it's okay for a marriage ceremony, a dress/veil, etc. Uh, no, sorry, I can't agree.

There is only one mention of any kind of ceremony over marriage, and that is the marriage feast, which is held AFTER the wedding.

The whole marriage ceremony that we know of today is pagan, perpetuated by the RCC and others. It's designed to tie the couple to the church that married them, at least in the beginning. Now days, people don't have loyalties to their religious institutions like they use to, and it's all about the love of money now, based on the legal demands of the world and Caesar.

Quite frankly, a marriage is between a man and a woman before God. It really isn't anybody elses business. And I really don't believe it's for others to celebrate when a couple marries, but a party afterwards that a couple decides they are married is shown in scripture, with Jesus attending one, but it was just a gathering of friends and family, and even then, it was born of Judaism.

The marriage ceremony is pure vanity. And that's why the woman gets so amped up about it. They want to be that "pretty bride" for those viewing the ceremony, which is as I said, nothing but vanity. And it also serves to put cash in the pocket of the person officiating, which usually is a religious leader, and scripture says that men in the ministry are not to work for filthy lucre. They are to work for free! There are a TON of pastors that need to be reproved on that point alone.

But the problems really start with the engagement, the "ring". Now that is one of the most blatant examples of vanity and the love of money, and it drives many women crazy, not to mention the absolute stress it puts on the man who wants to please his wife, but also doesn't want others to think he was "cheap" in the ring he bought. More vanity and vexation of spirit. I see no scripture that talks about a wedding ring. It's not there. What it does say about a ring is in the context of a ruler that wears one to signify he is the boss. I'd say the wedding rings are a perversion of that custom, no doubt thought up by somebody who wanted to sell rings, and those who didn't trust their wives so they wanted to mark their "property" to warn others that she's taken without having to actually approach her and talk with her, which in Middle Eastern culture you don't do. More vanity.

The marriage ceremony is just another example of people following after the world and what the world says people do, which ultimately is fueled by the love of money.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2013, 05:59:45 am »

The whole marriage ceremony that we know of today is pagan, perpetuated by the RCC and others. It's designed to tie the couple to the church that married them, at least in the beginning. Now days, people don't have loyalties to their religious institutions like they use to, and it's all about the love of money now, based on the legal demands of the world and Caesar.

Quite frankly, a marriage is between a man and a woman before God. It really isn't anybody elses business. And I really don't believe it's for others to celebrate when a couple marries, but a party afterwards that a couple decides they are married is shown in scripture, with Jesus attending one, but it was just a gathering of friends and family, and even then, it was born of Judaism.

The marriage ceremony is just another example of people following after the world and what the world says people do, which ultimately is fueled by the love of money.

That is interesting insight, i would say your right. You should have a commentary on this issue.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2013, 06:43:55 am »

i totally disagree. there have always been a form of marriage ceremony. The rapture of the church and the marriage of the church to the Lord follows the ancient JEWISH WEDDING CEREMONY to a tee, and that ceremony IS NOT in the Bible. Yet apparently the Lord approves of it as he is following it. Also when the Lord turns the water into wine it was at a wedding party after the wedding. So you just cant say there shouldnt be a ceremony, as the Bible clearly shows there is.

Here is a link with descriptions of parts of the ceremony found in the Bible

http://www.womeninthebible.net/weddings.htm

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:07:35 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2013, 02:45:27 pm »

i totally disagree. there have always been a form of marriage ceremony.

I acknowledge in my post there is a ceremony of sorts in Judaism, the Old Testament laws and traditions. That is all of the law, the "old man".

And those people who married, that Jesus and the disciples went to the party for? They were Jews too. I see Jesus even being there out of respect of custom ("honor to whom honor, custom to whom custom...), and that He was "compelled to go".

"And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage." John 2:2 (KJB)

But when it gets down to it, Jesus was there because that was His will for that scenario to be recounted in scripture. There are many things that He doesn't tell us through scripture ("...ye cannot bear them now..."), but what He does cover, there's an important reason; He knows what we need before we ask Him.

I believe that marriage is there in scripture because He wanted to teach them and us, about faith. Afterall, what was the main "event" at the party? What Jesus did. It wasn't about the couple at all. It was about His mother Mary being worried about there being no more "wine".

"...They have no wine"

No wine, eh? "...wherefore didn't thou doubt?"

What did Jesus say?

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come." John 2:4 (KJB)

And to my point that it was a Jewish ceremony born of the law...

"And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece." John 2:6 (KJB)

Indeed, the calling by Jesus is THE marriage feast, but that is the part AFTER we are married, which happens when we become born-again.

What does the verse say?

"And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." Luke 12:36 (KJB)

And Revelation?

7  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Revelation 19:7-10 (KJB)

Notice it says, "...marriage supper of the Lamb"? The "saints" are described as already "arrayed in fine linen...the righteousness of saints".

Their "fine linen", I believe, is spiritually the Spirit in them, having already been born-again. No man has any righteousness but of God, so we see that the righteousness is from the fine linen they wear.

"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." Romans 7:4 (KJB)

That I believe makes it clear, the marriage to Christ is when we are born-again, and the end gathering is "...the marriage supper of the Lamb".

I realize what Matthew says about the parable of being bid to a wedding...

1  And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
2  The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3  And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4  Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and [my] fatlings [are] killed, and all things [are] ready: come unto the marriage.
5  But they made light of [it], and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Matthew 22:1-5 (KJB)

I believe that describes Jesus calling people to repent and be born-again. It not only has Him calling, but also describes what happens to those who reject Jesus...

7  But when the king heard [thereof], he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8  Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Matthew 22:7,8 (KJB)

This is a parable about the Jews rejecting their saviour Jesus Christ. All those people that were called were Jews still, and not born-again, and as a result of their refusal to attend, to believe, they were/will be destroyed.

"But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God." 1 Corinthians 11:16 (KJB)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:47:51 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2013, 03:02:25 pm »

there were wedding ceremonies before the law.

Their will actually be a wedding feast, and we are all invited to it. it takes place after the Judgment seat of Christ, that takes place after the Rapture, that is when we get out white linen and crowns. We also get a mansion.

He went to the wedding BECAUSE he was invited. John 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
They were there as guests.

The whole redemption of mankind is a wedding. With ceremony, feasts, guests and a party. I really do not see what the problem is.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

I really do not see what the problem is.

I know you don't Mark.

The point your missing is that a ceremony is of  Judaic law, of works, of the old man. What you are trying to claim about the ceremony vs. a party after a wedding, is nothing but traditions from the law.

Why do you think churchianity makes such a big deal about weddings? It's the love of money.

It is more edifying to desire to do things that don't cause a stumbling block for them that are weak. Allowing just "a little ceremony" for obviously a happy occasion is I believe allowing the "leaven" of the law into the doctrine of faith. This is "teaching for commandments the doctrines of men".

Are people going to hell for having a wedding or a party after? No, they will perish because of unbelief.

We don't live before the law, we don't live under the law, we live free from the law! Thank you Jesus!

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2013, 04:23:37 am »

The Sin Of Gluttony, And How To Fight It! Part 1

The Sin Of Gluttony, And How To Fight It! Part 2
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2013, 01:35:38 am »

Interesting discussion on the marriage issue - yeah, personally, been to a few weddings in my lifetime, and for some reason they just didn't look right.

The bride's family paying for a big chunk of it(I remember my grandma 30 years ago almost spending her life savings on my aunt's wedding), the bridegroom being forced to buy the best ring possible even if it's pricey(and even if it means using their parents's money, which I have seen on occasions). It's as if a lot of pride and egos are involved in the run-up to it to make the best impression possible. And let's not forget too 501c3 churches get tax benefits for performing weddings.

Ultimately, the whole thing seems fleshly. Also - when these couples get married, these clergies will end it saying "By the power of the STATE I pronounce you man and wife...". By the STATE? Wouldn't these marriages be invalid to begin with according the scripture?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:42:15 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2013, 04:30:39 am »

Yeah, it's silly isn't it?

Only "the state" has any real interest in weddings. It's a legal thing in Caesar's world, to define who is legally responsible. It helps the world keep track of the masses and which person is legally linked to whom.

Invalid? Uhm, no, I don't think so because a real marriage isn't a legal thing, it's a personal decision between a man and woman before God. That's it.

All the legal stuff is a Caesar thing...and a thing for those who are caught up with being friends with the world who support the whole worldly wedding scam.

Has it ever occurred to you that virtually all wedding issues are driven by women? Think about it. You've seen how women act over a wedding. Now consider this...

"But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please [his] wife." 1 Corinthians 7:33 (KJB)

The woman is the one that makes it an issue, born of their vain carnal lusts. And the man typically concedes, as scripture shows us, and I can personally attest to. I too have done things for my wife that were purely a worldly thing. We as people don't like conflict, so man tends to do things to basically keep the wife's mouth shut, but that doesn't mean it's right. We SHOULD stand our ground on sound doctrine and not let the woman's vanity dictate what we do.

Are we to please men or God? We all know that answer.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:08 am »

Are House Church Christians Violating Hebrews 10:25?

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #290 on: July 16, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

And not only will they accuse you of not gathering because you don't attend a "church", but they will even go so far as to accuse you of being in a cult. I've experienced it personally more than once. I've seen more understanding from unbelievers than I have from church-goers over the years. And some mocked Jesus for sitting with "publicans and sinners". Instead of mocking, they should pay attention to what the Lord actually did. It's right there in verse. "Search the scriptures...".

There is a very good reason Jesus tells us...

"And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence." Matthew 10:11 (KJB)

We are also exhorted to "Try the spirits...", as well as...

9  I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10  Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (KJB)

And I just have to comment about his comments of Paul. I can only imagine his anger after walking into a Pentecostal snake handlers church service!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:39:14 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2013, 04:28:12 pm »

19  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:19,20 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2013, 04:31:49 pm »

8  Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all [is] vanity.
9  And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, [and] set in order many proverbs.
10  The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and [that which was] written [was] upright, [even] words of truth.
11  The words of the wise [are] as goads, and as nails fastened [by] the masters of assemblies, [which] are given from one shepherd.
12  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books [there is] no end; and much study [is] a weariness of the flesh.
13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:8-14 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »

In recent years, the MSM like CNN, CBS, etc have done segments on Christianity, and they've profiled young people who once went to these churches when they were growing up, but then fell away when they went to college, then afterwards when they settled down, got married with families, etc, they started attending these liberal "social justice" churches.

Ultimately(and this is from what I personally have observed while attending these churches) - while the pews are expected to be held accountable at all times, at the same time, these pastors, deacons, and other church leaderships like seminary Presidents and professors just go around doing all the wrong their hearts desire - they act cold toward others, they act arrogantly, they pal around with other pagan leaders in town, but en yet everyone in the pews are instructed that they shouldn't be "judging" anyone in leadership b/c (supposedly)God put them in these positions, and we can't "touch God's anointed"(meaning we can't even criticize them, etc).

Pt being that even the youth CAN FEEL something is wrong - but en yet when they are trained and conditioned to keep quiet, or otherwise the judgment of God will come down on them, they end up building up animosity, and b/c they have nothing to fall back on with all the false teachings that have been put on them, you see the directions they take when they move forward in life once they go off to college.

No, I'm NOT defending what they're doing or anything, but nonetheless the leaderships at these church buildings need to be held accountable too - you can see the rotten fruit being put out in the long run with all of these social justice/megachurches churches popping up more and more across the country.

And I know I've hit this on the head too many times lately - but let's not forget too over Churchianity's blind obedience to the GOP establishment since 1980. Yes, Obama is our most wicked President, but nonetheless with all due respect, his policies have been modeled after previous one's like Ronald Reagan's - Reagan also pushed for abortion rights, gay rights, gun control, Islamic terrorists in the ME, gave Christian-hater Mikael Gorbachev his center in San Francisco, allowed deregulations for Monsanto and Big Pharma, appointed CFR/Trilateralls in his admin, reestablished ties with the Papacy, etc. Ditto George W. Bush - he supported Planned Parenthood just as much as the other Presidents.

Pt being that even the youth growing up then FELT wickedness here, but again, were conditioned to keep quiet, or else they would be labeled as "baby killers" and "liberal athiests".(I've read recently that Millenials support Obama, unlike their Baby Booming parents that supported Reagan/Bushes)

I myself have attended these lukewarm SBC churches almost my entire life - even as a baby/lukewarm Christian, I can honestly say I felt something wrong with my pastors/deacons - it's as if you're seeing 1984 in these churches nowdays.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

Does King James Video Ministries Require A 10% Tithe?

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2013, 04:11:20 am »

Yeah, Solomon set up idols of his wives pagan beliefs, fulfilling scripture that a man "...things that are of the world, how he may please his wife".

23  In those days also saw I Jews [that] had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, [and] of Moab:
24  And their children spake half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people.
25  And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, [saying], Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.
26  Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.
27  Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?
Nehemiah 13:23-27 (KJB)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:20:34 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2013, 04:24:46 am »

1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with respect of persons.
2  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
3  And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
4  Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
5  Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
6  But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
7  Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
8  If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9  But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
James 2:1-9 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2013, 05:00:08 am »

Supporting those who are full time ministers isn't restricted to cash. Scripture says, "...my necessities". Simply ask what may be needed. If you can send an item that may be needed, that works. Any believer is to be content, because God knows what we need...

"For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things." Luke 12:30 (KJB)

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6 (KJB)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:11:31 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2013, 05:58:42 am »

Yeah, I too witnessed this same corrupt system - at the previous church I was at, it had some wealthy members - a banker(NOT a bank employee, but someone who OWNS banks in the metroplex), a "Christian" attorney(as we advertised himself), the then-owner of the NBA's New Orleans Hornets, the local Baptist seminary President, etc. The banker guy was not only a Sunday School teacher, but a deacon as well.

So yeah, ultimately it felt like it was runned like a corporate business(with hierarchies et al). And not to mention too the pastor himself had wealthy friends in the city(and palled around with politicians like Ray Nagan and Bobby Jindal).

Over time, it grew into a community-like organization center(but that was right before I moved out).

Anyhow, it's amazing how the KJV, with the Holy Spirit's guidance, can open your eyes to the truth over all of this corruption in the modern-day church system. Anyone with a 4th grader reading level can discern that the tithing system was under OT law. And as for Christians that won't tithe will lose their "blessings"? Uhm...what does scripture say about "blessings"?

Eph 1:2  Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Col 1:9  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Col 1:10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Doesn't say anything about money, does it? Also - another carrot they hang out is that if we give 10% tithe consistently, then our credit cards will be cut it half. Uhm...if we get into credit card debt, isn't it b/c we sowed to our flesh corruption? Isn't the only way to get out of credit card debt is to CURB our NASTY spending habits?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:27:01 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2013, 12:03:06 pm »

The Sin Of Unforgiveness

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: