End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:20:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bible Believers Fellowship: BD

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Believers Fellowship: BD  (Read 64500 times)
Kilika
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2013, 03:32:10 am »

Masons and evil in general didn't "creep in" to those so-called churches. Evil was there from the start in those groups. They were never doctrinal in the first place. Isn't that the main point Brian is trying to make, that those "churches" should never have existed in the first place?

The strong delusion is the fake "church", what we call churchianity. I don't care how many times a church-goer tries to justify their actions, it's still not doctrinal, and those people need to repent and be born-again.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2013, 09:20:08 am »

That was a good study, wonder what Hoggard would think of it, as he is all about the church building.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:57 am »

That was a good study, wonder what Hoggard would think of it, as he is all about the church building.

Or the rest of the KJV-only IFB pastors crowd - I'll admit, I've read a lot of David Cloud's e-books, and they are very, very good. And I still recommend them to others. But nonetheless, he still has a church building. Same with DA Waite, I have his bible(Defined King James Bible) - aside from all of the bolded words he tries to define(some being way off in definition), he stays true to the original texts.

Also, it's as if you see a Hegelian Dialectic going on b/w the OLD church buildings crowd and the NEW church buildings crowd(the Emergent/Postmodernism people like Rick Warren and Brian McLaren). The internet discernment network(ie-Jan Markell, Ingrid Shulster, Chris Rosebrough, etc) will say how the Emergent Church people have taken Christian symbols like crosses from off of their churches, but en yet they themselves don't realize(as it appears to be) that their OLD church buildings have ALMOST ZERO Christian symbols.

Again, overall, and very good sermon audio. Interesting how Bryan pointed out how Charles Spurgeon's church had that Greek pagan look as well. Didn't it look like a very big building as well? FYI, Spurgeon may have been an ex-Catholic and a KJV defender, but nonetheless he also was a REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY believer(meaning the church replaced Israel). Sometimes I wonder if some of these old "influential" people like Spurgeon, Henry, Wesley, etc were Rome agents. Financially, they were pretty well off - not rich, but well off for evangelists.

As for flat screen tvs et al being installed in these churches - yeah, they seem to be growing in number. Even my church(which is a medium sized one with mostly older folks) did so last year. There's a REASON for this(and has nothing to do with "keeping up with the times"). When the rapture happens, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these churchianity pastors are left behind(which is why I suggested that maybe most were Freemasons or occultists).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:58 pm »

Another thing about this "internet discernment network" I mentioned above - they try to convince everyone that churches in America were STRONG prior to the 21st century, until the Emergent/Postmodernism church hijacked it at the turn of the 21st century.

Just to sum it up in a nutshell, do NOT be fooled by this - deceptions like contemplative prayer, for example, have infiltrated ALOT of churches it seems(and NOT just the Emergent ones). And there's been ZERO biblical truth in 99% of these church buildings. A couple of years ago someone in the internet discernment network gave a list of warning signs over how if your church is going Emergent - again, don't be fooled by this, another example being even CCM/Christian Rock has infiltrated a lot of these churches as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2013, 02:12:49 am »

The strong delusion is the fake "church", what we call churchianity. I don't care how many times a church-goer tries to justify their actions, it's still not doctrinal, and those people need to repent and be born-again.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

it is not just churchianity that is the strong delusion, it is everyone that is not saved see verse 10 above. Hindu's, muslim's, buddhist's they are part of the strong delusion too.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2013, 02:16:42 am »

As for flat screen tvs et al being installed in these churches - yeah, they seem to be growing in number. Even my church(which is a medium sized one with mostly older folks) did so last year. There's a REASON for this(and has nothing to do with "keeping up with the times"). When the rapture happens, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these churchianity pastors are left behind(which is why I suggested that maybe most were Freemasons or occultists).

So what Bryan said is going to make you leave your building? As for me i dont go to any building, not that i'm better just that i see things differently now.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:06 am »

I haven't even set foot on the property of one of those buildings in about 25 years. The last time was a Dallas mega church when me and some brothers were hitchhiking back to California headed back to Hawaii. Some girl approached us at a McDonalds and asked us to come to her church, so we did.

I'll never forget it I don't think. The place was massive, like the images posted recently. But two things sent us out their doors; no street ministry to the poor, and the pastor was talking about the need to cover the costs of the unpaved parking lot! We shook the dust off our feet when the pastor or even some higher up wouldn't meet with us. We were asked indirectly to leave, all four of us with a King James tucked under our arms. Not one of their members ministered to us save that one girl, who was just trying to do the right thing. She'll have her reward, and so will they.

"Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet." Luke 7:45 (KJB)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:51:05 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

So what Bryan said is going to make you leave your building? As for me i dont go to any building, not that i'm better just that i see things differently now.

It is a LONG story why I'm going to a church building now - don't want to go over the details why on this forum, but if you want to know, please pm me, and I'll be happy to explain it to you.

I haven't even set foot on the property of one of those buildings in about 25 years. The last time was a Dallas mega church when me and some brothers were hitchhiking back to California headed back to Hawaii. Some girl approached us at a McDonalds and asked us to come to her church, so we did.

I'll never forget it I don't think. The place was massive, like the images posted recently. But two things sent us out their doors; no street ministry to the poor, and the pastor was talking about the need to cover the costs of the unpaved parking lot! We shook the dust off our feet when the pastor or even some higher up wouldn't meet with us. We were asked indirectly to leave, all four of us with a King James tucked under our arms. Not one of their members ministered to us save that one girl, who was just trying to do the right thing. She'll have her reward, and so will they.

"Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet." Luke 7:45 (KJB)

In the 1980's, I attended a First Baptist Church in the DFW area - it wasn't a megachurch, but it was nonetheless a BIG one. For example, the elementary Sunday School classes on each grade level were divided up into multiple classes b/c of the fairly many children. And then when I got to the junior high level, every once in awhile they would show secular stuff instead of bible teaching - for example, they would show film of "the warnings if someone wants to commit suicide", or others about rebellious teens(without showing the message of salvation).

They would also have these "lock ins" once a year after kids got out of school for the xmas holidays. And not to mention too their shuttle buses were also quite expensive looking, and they had a gym with a nice looking basketball court/indoor track. And you think the modern-day megachurches were the ones that came up with these ideas?

Ultimately, it felt like I was going to school 6 days a week, for some reason. I thought I was saved just b/c I was stepping foot into there once a week, but nonetheless it was as if the pastor, deacons, Sunday School teachers, etc were there just going through the motions. And when I went to church summer camp one time, one of the elder summer camp counselors stressed how we needed to read books at the library, but NOT ONCE did he say we had to open up our bibles.

Like I said, I was just a window-shopping Christian then, but it was as if I(and many others) could FEEL the dead spirits in this building. And it seems like a lot of these pastors are not humble, but proud and arrogant(a lot like my previous one, who one time openly called LA Catholic governor Bobby Jindal a "man of faith" while preaching one time).
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2013, 12:59:04 am »

You dont know this yet but i was going to an IFB building here a while back. Well nice people and that (though alot of gossip) but man did these people have alot of problems in their lives! i mean relatives that were unsaved doing lots of stupid things, false ideas that Christians should be in politics, and the building costs were short of money and still are. Well the Pastor there when i went there said alot of weird things, like comments on what i looked like, how i was wealthy and that i should attend a pagan xmas concert there. i remember going there for the first few weeks and i would feel weird, dizzy and uncomfortable just sitting down, i knew something was wrong there, but i felt i had to go there as there was no other building that i would go to, it was my only chance to meet "real Christians" as i thought, Well i'm not the only one who left there, others have too. I'm done with church buildings, i dont want to go back to one. I'm glad that the Lord woke me up and now i see i'm where i should be. i dont have any bitterness about the past, i mean there are tens of thousands of people here that go to false churches each weekend, i'm one of the few that has seen them for what they are, i just like being on here and typing to Christians here, it is great to be here and type to strong Christians, as i wouldn't get it here, i have to go on the Net.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2013, 01:11:52 pm »

Absolute Truth Part 1

Absolute Truth Part 2

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2013, 02:46:23 pm »

Does The KJV Bible Teach Racism?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:14 am »

Look at this Mormon church building...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324463604579043190035309428.html?ru=yahoo?mod=yahoo_itp

Doesn't it kind of look like those typical "Christian" church buildings?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2013, 01:05:00 pm »

I'm not familiar with the Mormon doctrine of how they establish a temple (hast to be built new?), but that looks like they got a deal on a failed churchianity building.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2013, 04:38:39 am »

That is one creepy building!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 01, 2013, 10:48:42 am »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2013, 07:07:51 pm »

OK, going back to the church buildings one - I have an update on the church I'm going to - didn't go today(b/c my dad just got back from the hospital this evening). But we found out today that the pastor quit, and no one really knows why.

Pt I'm trying to make here is that for 99% of church buildings in America, HOW OFTEN do you see them change pastors, b/c the pastor quits for whatever reason? It just seems like for the average pastor, they have resumes at least a mile long, b/c they're going from church to church, claiming how "God is calling them to better opportunities" - but reality is that they just happen to go to BIGGER(meaning in NUMBER and FINANCIAL) ministries, while leaving their previous churches in limbo for a year b/c they have to look for a new pastor.

And even worse in our present day - the older pastors that leave, they end up being replaced by younger or young pastors that got brainwashed with emergent/postmodernism junk in their modern-day churches/seminaries since the turn of the 21st Century.(ie-both of the youth ministers at my church went through just that, which explains why they see nothing wrong with "Christian" Rock and these "youth" devotionals)

John_10:12  But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Joh_10:13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:03:36 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2013, 05:19:47 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gevGOfLz0TE&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:31 am »

He put out Part 2 of it just now? Yesterday morning was just one, it seemed like. Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:23 pm »

Saw this on Yahoo - it just seems like anyone can be labeled a "conservative" nowdays, just b/c they happen to do *some* things that are conservative/biblical. FWIW, Mohler may do a good number of things against what the leavened SBC does(which is a good thing, not complaining), but the number of leavened things he does ends up getting completely overlooked. For example, while he has exposed Rick Warren and Rob Bell(both of whom has ties to the SBC), he has praised Billy Graham, despite Graham sharing the same views as Rob Bell.

And worst of all - Mohler is STILL in the SBC - doesn't make any sense at all if he (supposedly)does a lot of things against the leavened SBC policies.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/head-southern-baptist-school-marks-132212881.html
Head of Southern Baptist school marks 20 years

Leader of Southern Baptist seminary marks 20 years, helped make school more conservative

9/3/13

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- For the last 20 years, Albert Mohler has led the flagship school of the Southern Baptist Convention, restoring it to more conservative principals even though it meant purging faculty who were out of step with his beliefs.

He expressed satisfaction with the transformation as he recently welcomed a new crop of students to the Louisville campus of stately brick buildings and perfectly manicured lawns. Donations, enrollment and the school's budget have grown dramatically since Mohler took the helm, and there's no sign of him leaving.

"I'm going to do it until they pry my cold, dead fingers," he said, making light of his two decades at the school. "There's a right time for everything. But I'm 53 and I fully intend to be here for my adult life. I'm not going anywhere else. This is where the Lord's called me and planted me."

Mohler took over as president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1993, when he was just 33. He is married and has two children.

When he speaks, it's often rapid fire, with vigor and emotion. He talks about the seminary's current prosperity as a sign of God's blessing on the institution because it rejected liberal trends in society. He returned it to more conservative social ideas, such as the submission of women to their husbands, and a more strict interpretation of the Bible, such as the literal belief in Adam and Eve.

Mohler has risen to become an intellectual leader among conservative evangelicals and a well-known personality through his blog, books and television appearances.

But his personal growth and the seminary's is in contrast to the Southern Baptist denomination as a whole. Although still the nation's largest Protestant denomination, with a declared membership of 16 million people, the SBC does not wield the same political influence it did when President George W. Bush addressed the group's annual meetings.

And while the SBC's return to a conservative theology at first coincided with growth, in 2012 the denomination saw its sixth straight year of declining membership.

When Mohler took over as president, the massive upheaval known as the conservative resurgence was well under way in the SBC, but even 14 years later, Southern still employed professors who held theological positions Mohler and others considered to be wrong.

For instance, some professors believed parts of the Bible were metaphorical, according to Nancy Ammerman, professor of sociology of religion at Boston University and author of "Baptist Battles." They might believe that God created the Earth but used evolutionary mechanisms to explain it. They didn't believe the six-day creation in Genesis literally referred to six, 24-hour days, she said.

One of the biggest conflicts was the role of women, both in the church and at home. The conservatives believe women should submit to their husbands and not teach men in the church or become pastors.

Bill Leonard, a professor of church history and Baptist studies at Wake Forest University, taught at Southern until 1992. He was Mohler's church history teacher at Southern.

Leonard said he knew he would be forced out after conservatives became a majority of the board of trustees in 1991, so he left on his own accord.

"It's less painful now," he said. "I would never have gotten to Wake Forest, which is the joy of my life, if I hadn't been forced to leave. But it was painful at the time, extremely painful, because we loved that place."

Leonard said Southern is doing quite well, but he attributes much of the success to Mohler's strong personality and ability to recruit students and donors.

"While Southern Seminary seems healthy and thriving, the denomination that supports it is not," he said. "That's the gorilla in the sanctuary."

During Mohler's tenure, enrollment has grown to 4,366 last year from less than 3,000. The seminary's budget has more than doubled, from $16 million when he took over to $38 million. The seminary's endowment has risen from $50 million to $83 million. New buildings have been built on campus and others have been renovated.

Mohler recognizes both the SBC and the seminary are no longer within the mainstream on many issues, perhaps most notably on gay rights. While not addressing any one issue directly, Mohler called on students to stand for what they believe is right.

The temptation is to stay silent, to avoid offending some in society, he said.

"To fail to say something, or to be silent in a time of trouble, is sin," he said at a recent convocation on campus.

In an interview, Mohler acknowledged the personal toll that accompanied the seminary's transformation. Professors had to find new jobs and families had to move, but he's at peace with the overhaul.

"I know that it was right, and there's no regret in doing what I know was right," he said. "But there is a sober reality and recognition that the personal costs were very high."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:35 pm »

When he speaks, it's often rapid fire, with vigor and emotion. He talks about the seminary's current prosperity as a sign of God's blessing on the institution because it rejected liberal trends in society. He returned it to more conservative social ideas, such as the submission of women to their husbands, and a more strict interpretation of the Bible, such as the literal belief in Adam and Eve.

BUT, BUT...sounds like Mohler believes in the "prosperity" gospel...

1Tim 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19  Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »

Just listened to this - for the most part, I thought it was very edifying. Yes, our flesh wars against the Spirit inside of us constantly, but at the same time it's wrong if we have this "But there's nothing I can do about it so who cares?" type of attitude.

Ultimately, b/c we have the Spirit inside of us, and if we read his word daily, whenever we get these grave temptations inside our flesh, the Spirit WILL nudge us quite a bit. No, it won't be like the Spirit forcing us per se(we do have our free will), BUT praise the Lord the Spirit is right there nudging us to deliver us out of it. And on occasions where I DO give in, can't tell you how ROTTEN I would feel afterwards(compared to my unsaved days where I would just give in all day b/c I had no conscience).

1Cor_10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So to sum it up in a nutshell: No, you can't lose your salvation, but you can lose things like your peace and joy when you give in.

As for Bryan's sermon here - like I said, it was very edifying, but at the same time, for everyone else that watched it, what did you think when he said that you have to put in effort to get your life cleaned, and you may not have other things(like a wife) if you don't? No, he was NOT preaching works, but for those of you that watched it, was wondering what you think.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2013, 01:52:04 am »

Maybe not classic "works" doctrine, but in a way, he's still preaching observance of the law in a "works" way.

Ultimately, it is about doing what is more edifying, seeing we are forgiven of sin. Now that there is no more law, there is no more sin being charged to us.

But the sinful desires of the flesh are always there, so long as the flesh is there. Paul makes that clear. And nothing can a man do to stop those sinful desires of the flesh. But God is merciful, in that He does indeed give us a way to escape, that we "may be able to bear it".

The big difference is in if a person is born-again. But the flesh doesn't change (the flesh profiteth nothing...). It's still sinful, whether the person is truly born-again or not. Try as you may, you will still do things that are by the law sinful. And that fact is the whole point of salvation. The price of sin MUST be paid. But we are forgiven of all sin, though guilty of all sin, by the blood of Jesus Christ.

This is the exact reason I believe that Jesus tells the woman "Go and sin no more". He's exhorting her to do the more edifying thing. It's an encouragement, not a classic commandment of the Old Testament Judaism "Thou shalt not...".

It was law, then grace.

As scripture says, "Shall we sin that grace may abound?" God forbid. No, we should not.

So for the forgiven, it's a reminder to tell them "Thou shalt not kill...", but it's not presented as a warning of the law, but encouragement to do something more edifying.

Jesus says that the Holy Ghost WILL bring ALL things to your remembrance, "...whatsoever I have said unto you".

So yes, you do have to "perform the doing of it...", so there's performance out of what you have, right? That's not "works". That is simply doing. You either do the right thing, or the wrong thing in life. Jesus wants us to desire to do the right things.

10  And herein I give [my] advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11  Now therefore perform the doing [of it]; that as [there was] a readiness to will, so [there may be] a performance also out of that which ye have.
12  For if there be first a willing mind, [it is] accepted according to that a man hath, [and] not according to that he hath not.
13  For [I mean] not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14  But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality:
15  As it is written, He that [had gathered] much had nothing over; and he that [had gathered] little had no lack.
2 Corinthians 8:10-15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2013, 04:43:50 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KG-Cj4xpc&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfEBKNY2UH4&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GyDi0rD5M&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

Thank you for posting this. Smiley Here are my thoughts...

1) Singing hymns - I like doing them(the traditional hymns, that is), but nonetheless for those that went to church buildings, where they would end up doing this MOST of the service, didn't you just feel WORN OUT? Really, at almost every church I went to, it was as if this was the majority of the service. It would come to the point where even you just have no idea what you're doing. By the time the pastor preaches his sermon, there's really not much time left.

2) Is it just me, or has anyone else just NOT felt comfortable sitting in any church building? Pretty much they say that if you have this feeling, and you feel distracted by the pastor's sermon, they'll say stuff how "the devil's harassing you".

This is very silly - do they even know how the devil operates? Is the devil really that omnipotent and omnipresent where he and his minions can harass everyone in the pews at once while the pastor is preaching? Roll Eyes Pt being that it's likely the Spirit in you is telling you that the church building setting is WRONG. Wink

3) There seems to be a Hegelian Dialectic going on b/w the "traditional" church buildings and the "postmodernism" church buildings(lead by Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, etc). Pt being that when it comes to "fellowship" at these "church buildings", Warren and these KJV-only IFB pastors end up saying the SAME thing(ie-Warren's quotes in his PDL book mirrors the SAME thing these IFB "traditional" church building pastors say!).

And look how this Hegelian Dialectic has played out - pretty much previous generations have gotten fed up with all of these "rules and regulations" in these "traditional" church buildings, that they end up jumping ship to these "postmodernism" church buildings lead by Warren where they get all of these "candy handouts" to their hearts desire. Ultimately, they're just going from one reprobate system to another bigger reprobate system.

Ultimately, this has been my big problem with the internet discernment ministry - don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what a lot of them have done, but nonetheless they ARE supporting the whole church building system philosophy, which Rick Warren and Bill Hybels support.

4) All of the connections of the IFB church buildings system to the RCC system Bryan exposed is truly eyepopping. There were just SO MANY he pointed out. Seriously - those KJV-only IFB pastors, for example, should KNOW BETTER over the whole "tithing" issue, as well as the one-man pastor system(which Bryan admitted he did wrong in his previous house church).

5) The whole "Republicanism" issue - say all you want over how it's just the Democrats that's been pushing the whole abortion/sodomy agenda. You're going to have to go WAY back into the 50's(maybe 40's), when "conservatives" like Prescott Bush and BARRY GOLDWATER locked arms with Planned Parenthood. And then Ronald Reagan, when governor of CA in the late 60's, passed a big pro-abortion bill in his state that ended up legalizing 1m abortions during his 8 years, and ended up opening the door for Roe V Wade to be legalized(b/c more states started legalizing abortion after California).

And to boot - Reagan appointed Sandra Day O'Conner to the USSC, DESPITE her previous pro-abortion record in AZ, who ended up being the DECIDING 5-4 vote that upheld Roe V Wade in 1992.(and not to mention too pro-abortion advocates Anthony Kennedy, David Souter, John Stevens, Harry Blackmun, John Roberts, and Samuel Alito were appointed by GOP Presidents as well)

Pt being that the same "evangelical" leaders, pastors, etc al that are exposing Obama being the "most abortion President" have also turned a blind eye to people like Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush that OPENED THE DOORS for YEARS to make abortion legalized. So where is all of the outrage by these same "evangelical" leaders here? And also to add - wasn't Obamacare modeled after Romneycare? So if Romney was "elected" instead, Obamacare would still be the law of the land.

I know I repeated myself here from a bunch of times in #5, but again, just think about why abortion and sodomy are running rampant in this land not only now, but for many years. Ultimately, this has been the agenda of the "religious right"(most of whom are Council for National Policy members, a NWO front group) - to keep Christians in the dark so that their GOP leaders(in particular) on Capitol Hill could implement globalist agendas.

6) Sodomy issue - it seems like despite it blowing full force now, churches in America are just in the dark about it. I commented this to a fellow Christian recently how gay marriage is really spreading in America now, and he commented to me, "But it has to be full blown like in Sodom and Gomorrah - we still have another 100 years to go".

I mean it's as if everyone feels 13 states + DC legalizing gay marriage is very little. FWIW, it was only 3 years ago when Vaughn Walker issued his ruling striking down Prop 8 in CA(but hadn't yet gone to the appeals courts) that everyone felt his ruling was going to be overturned anyways. And now fast-forward to 3 years after the USSC makes their rulings favoring gay marriage, these same pro-marriage front groups act like "there's still a good chance to defeat the sodomy agenda?". Roll Eyes

Anyhow - Jesus says to WATCH in the end times, but it's as if these church buildings are watching over their BUILDINGS instead. The leaven is obvious.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

Quote from: BornAgain2
Here are my thoughts

i still have to watch them videos, it is Spring time here now and i have been enjoying it a fair bit Smiley

1) Where i went to my last building before we sang 5 hymns every service and the preaching was on average about 20 minutes, i do like some hymns but the preaching should have been more than 20 mins i would have liked more than that.

2) i have felt uncomfortable in all of the church buildings that i have been, now i'm out of them i feel pretty comfortable.

3) That is a good observation. The IFB i went to has financial difficulties due to the costs of the buildings, i think it may be because the membership went down, basically people leaving to go live in other places.

4) The early Christians gave to what was needed not just to the Pastor. See in the books of Acts.

5) You know your history pretty well.

6) The gay marriage issue has unfolded pretty quick i dont see how the tide can be turned, it has spread across the world now. Even here it is pretty bad. It will be interesting to see who wins the election in Australia on September 7.
Report Spam   Logged
lightneverdims

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »

Bryan's nature video locations are always so lovely to see. Guy doesn't back down to the secular warriors (homosexual advocates, Antichrists in general).

Regardless of your views on his doctrine -- if more preachers had the spine of him, their would be more people hearing the true Gospel (even if their were lesser "preachers" then there is now) because the truth is hate to those who love lies.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »

2Tim 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Church buildings - you can't deny these "pastors" have these attitudes(especially in bold). Like the pastor he showed in the video that said you're committing idolatry if you don't attend "church" on Sundays? False accusers? Despisers of those that are good? And aren't they denying the power thereof as well?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Tim 3:6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, speaking of the tithing issue, this caught my attention b/c I remember reading a blog and watching a video over how ultimately it's been the wives that have bought into this "tithing" nonsense, and have been the ones that end up convincing their husbands to do so. And in this video, it showed how Charles Stanley(a long-time famous SBC preacher) gave advice to a woman how if her husband doesn't want to "tithe", then she needs to convince him that he's living in sin.

No, I'm NOT saying every Christian woman does this - but just from what I've read and watched, it seems like these church building pastors end up enticing the women to buy into this. Ultimately, it just seems like it goes WAY back to the BIG lie in the Garden of Eden, where the serpent tricks Eve, and then Eve talks Adam into eating fruit off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It's as if these "pastors" are playing the role of the serpent in this case, and this particular passage ends up ringing a bell.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2013, 10:24:47 pm »

Bryan's nature video locations are always so lovely to see. Guy doesn't back down to the secular warriors (homosexual advocates, Antichrists in general).

Regardless of your views on his doctrine -- if more preachers had the spine of him, their would be more people hearing the true Gospel (even if their were lesser "preachers" then there is now) because the truth is hate to those who love lies.

I like him a lot too - not that I give him a big endorsement, but nonetheless he's WAY better than a lot of these church building "pastors". You walk into these church buildings, and you hear nothing but a lot of secular talk, including a lot of gossip and talebearing that Christians should stray far away from. They're "social clubs"? Well, that's an understatement!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2013, 02:45:00 am »

Ultimately, it just seems like it goes WAY back to the BIG lie in the Garden of Eden, where the serpent tricks Eve, and then Eve talks Adam into eating fruit off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It's as if these "pastors" are playing the role of the serpent in this case,

Yep, nailed it! Drawn away of their own lusts and enticed.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: