End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 12:16:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bible Believers Fellowship: BD

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Believers Fellowship: BD  (Read 65407 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:00 am »

I must say that Bryan has gone too far over the Richling guy. We are NOT to judge a person's salvation. And I can even make the case we aren't to judge a man in meat, or drink, etc.

We judge "righteous judgement" to determine for our own understanding who is bearing fruit and what fruit it is, but beyond that, God is judge, vengeance is His, He WILL repay.

While it may appear a person is not saved because they are so doctrinally wrong, and their actions are so un-Christian like, we still cannot say the person is saved or not.

I have made that mistake, many times, and I was in error. I cannot know their heart, only their fruit. But in the end, we point out the error for others to take note of, but we know that person must stand before God alone. This is why Jesus says to do what they say (with discernment, not blindly), and not after their actions, "for they say and do not".

Richling may "say and do not" on many accounts, but does that mean he's not saved? Nope. Does he genuinely think he's saved? Or does he consider it a hobby, or just a chosen profession? Really doesn't matter, we are to examine our own selves and not get caught up in the false doctrines of others. Point out the error and move on in confidence. His Word WILL NOT return void. Have faith in that.

Getting caught up in the details of a person's past is a waste of time and not charitable.

I think the Apostle Paul was chosen to show us very clearly that our past actions are no longer held against us under the law, even though we continue to do things that by the law is a sin. If you really think about it, it can't. That would be a violation of charity and grace.

God doesn't hold his actions against Richling, so why should we? Because his doctrines are false, that doesn't means he's an evil demon intentionally trying to teach people false doctrines does it? If he gets ten things wrong, and we only one or two, does that make s us better? No, it does not, but to think like that is churchianity poison.

We are to warn others, or better put, we are to tell people the truth, and "mark them" that cause divisions and chaos contrary to what you've been taught, "whether by word, or our epistle".

I've done it myself, called people demons over what they were teaching, and I was wrong. In the end, God decides if they were a demon, or simply mistaken and not walking in the Spirit all the time. True charity says, "...ye might well bear with them".

"...thy will be done..."

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »

Just viewed it - yeah, pretty horrific(to say the least). Will post by thoughts on it later - but will say it looks like this very only church(it seems) that is doing this seems to be a trial run(ie-it's a 501c3 church - meaning that if it "works" here, then it will likely roll out to other 501c3s).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »

My feeling is that it isn't a "trial run", but in fact a measured paradigm shift to an all-digital society.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2014, 01:32:20 pm »

OK, here are my thoughts on his latest video...

1) It wasn't like this Biometric system this Calvary Church is using has popped up overnight - pt being that b/c these churches are 501c3, the IRS has that right to look through their membership rolls and their accounting books...meaning that they can retrieve all of the personal information of the members in these churches(ie-household info, bank accounts, etc). Ultimately, Caesar's agenda doesn't happen overnight, they take place incrementally over time, which is no marvel why they're slowly putting out this current system now, as they've conditioned these "churches" with what they are now currently doing(ie-this false "tithing" system the "churches" have put out for years and years). IOW, for those attending these churches, NOW is the time to get out - b/c at least you can get your name off of the membership rolls, and everything will be OK from there. Not really so the case with the biometric system.

Like said above - don't know when the rapture of the church will be, but if it's not soon, you can bet it will roll out into other 501c3s in the near future.(that's why I mentioned it being a "trial run")

Also - throughout my lifetime going to these 501c3, organized church buildings - can't tell you how many times these hireling pastors would say how b/c of the "separation of church and state" clause in the 1st amendment, doing an audit with the IRS is VOLUNTARY(and they end up puffing up Billy Graham b/c supposedly, he volunteers to do this regularly). Well, they are LYING to you(for the very reasons I said in the above paragraph). Also, there's NO "separation of church and state" clause in that 1st amendment(which is another lie put out by these hirelings, to make you think it means Christians can't even criticize government).

2) Notice all of the "peace and security" references on that church's FAQ page, when they were answering questions about this system. So it's NOT ONLY the unbelieving world begging for "peace and security", but these Babel church buildings as well.

3) Once this thing rolls out - it will only show all of the FEAR these modern-day churches have. Seriously - are they scared that either some ME "terrorist", or some "crazed" gunman like the Columbine/Denver movie theater/Sandy Hook shooters will enter into their buildings? If they've read their bibles, don't they know that God hasn't given us the spirit of fear, but of peace and a sound mind?

And it's also no coincidence, it seems, that some of these "influentials" like Franklin Graham and Rick Warren are pushing for gun control too(Graham supports universal background checks), when drawing a parallel with what we saw in this video.

4) Bryan showed news clips of a grocery store rolling this biometric system out - so pretty much the corporate world supports it, as well as the Apostate church. And for that matter too - Agenda 21 is just that...forming partnerships b/w "faith" organizations, government, and the corporate sector. It's all going to script according the scripture(when the end times prophecies come to pass).

5) Notice how this "church" pushes this "the next step..." nonsense in their "spiritual growth" - personally, been there done that in these "churches" for years and years - pretty much they deceive you into thinking that b/c we have to love one another, we have to reach out to as many lost people and bring them into these buildings. It also means we can't "judge" anyone either, according to them. And they also put out other deceptions like, in a very crafty manner, that we have to focus on our own sin(which is why they throw out this "don't judge others" nonsense).

Pt being that they are deceiving you into doing just that - to help build up as many memberships in the church as possible(and these pastors are all but using you, as they themselves pretty much do nothing but have fun during the week). While it ends up just building up the offering plates(and the unnecessary salaries for the staff et al), at the same time we're also seeing this One World Church system edging closer and closer, as they're getting more and more lost people into these buildings(that STAY lost, that is).

As for this "the next step..." to "spiritual growth" nonsense? Remember as Christians, we GROW in GRACE(and it is during a LIFETIME). And besides, this phrase just sounds so evolutionist, don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2014, 02:13:23 am »

The "BSOD" can happen for a variety of reasons. Need more details.

The email issue is strange. Again, more details, as in what can't you do?

Personally, I never recommend using those "anti-virus" programs. Basic maintenance can prevent virtually all issues.

As for U-Haul, thieves and robbers! I'm thinking that the sticking point is just what did you contract for? Door to Door? What does the fine print say? Curious that now the stuff is near your location, they are sticking it to you for another 2 grand. The key is what did they contract to do.

I sent Bryan an email.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:40:49 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2014, 01:58:56 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mONDZcbZZKQ&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg&feature=c4-overview
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2014, 06:28:56 am »

The Intel i7 is the top level consumer processor. I'm running an i5, the next one down. Professional? Not really. But a very nice chip for the average heavy pc user, though many businesses use them fora lot of different things just fine. It's a hefty chip. Each one has multiple speed chips. You can have an i7 that is faster than an i7, so he needs to say which i7 he has...

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i7-processor.html

I prefer Intel chips. Run fine, have had no issues, and as yet see no reason to change, if for no other reason, to stay with a given platform for consistency. For instance, I use pretty much all Logitech peripherals, mouse, keyboard, etc.

Also, 24 GB of RAM? REALLY? WOW!

THAT is WAY overkill. Professional media artists don't use that much ram, unless they are servers used for rendering photorealistic animations. Seriously, there is NO WAY an individual consumer needs that much ram.

At this point in the level of demands put on a pc, the decent level of ram now is maybe 6-8GB, which is the recommended range for high level gaming rigs, which use a lot of ram in video rendering of very animated scenes. The only other main reason for ram is interaction with a network, and for the average user, their needs are no where close to what a network server might use.

Video gaming on a pc does use a lot more ram than your average pc user or even a novice video producer that makes YouTube videos (resolution is limited on those type videos, so the average amount of ram is all that you can use anyway), and their ram needs are nowhere near 16GB of ram, much less 24GB. In the average consumer setting, you can't even use that much ram, it's not possible, so most of it is wasted hardware. Ram is cheap these days, but 24GB is a huge waste.

8GB is just fine, only because the new operating systems need it. I've been known to do some pretty heavy multimedia stuff with 3d in my day, including rendering animations, and I have never used more than 4GB of ram!

I'd pull out 4 of those ram cards (16GB), and set them aside as spare parts, and just use 8GB for now and see how your work load does with taht. If you need more, you got it. The idea is to not expose hardware to use and wear any more than needed. Moderation brother!

Air? Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Just blow out that dust and it's clean, right? NOPE! DANGER...

DO NOT USE any air compressor that does not have a moisture trap/filter. EVER. Most consumer compressors don't have the filtering needed for electronics. There is a reason they sell "canned air". It's inert gas that has no moisture in it. Moisture WILL ruin electronics, I assure you, having been a computer tech for the US Navy.

Hard drive storage space. Rule of thumb, don't load up a hard drive with what I call "static data". Stuff you have long term stored that you rarely access. That stuff needs to be stored on a separate drive from your "C:" drive where the operating system is loaded.

The pc needs a certain amount of hard drive space to operate, so don't fill it up. 50% is fine, but I personally wouldn't go over say 75%. It's being filled up with stored data that has no bearing on the overall operation of the pc, so get it off to a different hard drive or a USB drive, or even a cd.

And once you clean out data from a drive, don't for get to defrag that drive. Basic house cleaning.

And speaking of cleaning, get a soft rag damp with plain water and please wipe down that monitor! Clean hardware is happy hardware!  Grin

Solid State hard drive? I don't see where the average user gains anything from them to justify the current higher costs. Yes, "no moving parts" has advantages, I agree totally. But at this point, cost for me is a barrier because the advantage is not big enough technologically to justify the added cost of a SSD.

Multiple hard drives. YES! There is far more disadvantages with using a large HDD. Defragging 2TB? WOW! You might want to go on vacation while it's running. Also, if that large a drive goes down, that's a massive amount of data lost. And to back it up, you'd need at least a 1TB drive if not a second 2TB drive to store that backed up (copied) data.

In my opinion, don't put all your data in the same basket! Many drives assures the odds are great that you won't have multiple hard drive failures all at once. Use hard drives with large amounts of data like a file drawer. One hard drive for one topic, another for a different topic. Smaller hard drives are rather cheap. Use them externally, the USB plug in type. They'll work just fine. Or maybe consider one of those external hard drive towers that holds up to like 4 HDD in a single box.

You might want to consider some type of "RAID" hard drive set up with all the video work.

Video processing does indeed get memory intensive, and it takes up the most storage space as the file sizes get into the gigabytes real quick. You can use up a terabyte fast with video work, on a small scale at that.

For video work, animation, general graphics media, the "GPU"(what the pc reproduces for you to see) is what's important, not your "CPU"(what the pc does).

So you want a fast graphics card, definitely. There are SO many cards out there, it's best to settle on a brand, price range or certain features and go with that, otherwise choosing is a nightmare there are sooo many cards that will work. Start with a budget to help narrow down what card you might want, but look for larger amounts of memory, in the range of bare minimum 1GB card.

Price range shouldn't be over $250 for a good card for heavier average users. I'd recommend determining what technical specs you want to focus on, and then look for a previous generation card of that level, which the price drops drastically once new models come out.

About the only other thing you might pay attention to is what ability does the card have for running multiple monitors. Cost difference is slight if at all, and it gives you some flexibility for basically the same money. In media work, multiple monitors is nice and handy because many times you have a project that requires multiple applications to be open and running, such as Photoshop and Premier when putting together a video that has live action footage and graphics involved. I use to run 3d apps like Max and Maya, along with Photoshop, and a game engine open at the same time a lot, and PS is a ram hog that needs to be custom set to your usage for best performance on heavier work. I still never used more than actually 2GB of ram, though at one time, I had a board that could handle up to 16GB. With the advent of 64bit processing, motherboards have become what use to be server boards in ram size. Now, with 64bit, you can actually use more than the 4GB max of the older 32bit system.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:11:17 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2014, 04:04:00 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2014, 05:09:52 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2014, 05:11:31 am »

Bryan promotes Greg Miller, hey BA why not ask Bryan for his thoughts on the gap theory that Greg Miller is promoting?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2014, 01:36:05 pm »

Bryan promotes Greg Miller, hey BA why not ask Bryan for his thoughts on the gap theory that Greg Miller is promoting?

It was in a video Bryan did 2-3 years ago(or maybe more recently than that) when he said he doesn't believe in the gap theory - however, he said that at his former local church in PA(where he served as pastor), one of the fellowship believers there believed in the gap theory, but he and they didn't disassociate their fellowship with him.

I'll ask him again, maybe he changed his mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

Does anyone know Bryan's new email addy? He mentioned it, but I keep forgetting to write it down.

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2014, 04:53:38 am »

According to what he gave in the video of his pc issues...

blackhawk45@netzero.net
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2014, 12:32:35 pm »

blackhawk45@netzero.net

its kjvm@netzero.net
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »

Yes, I believe that is the other address he gave isn't it? One addy only works partially for some reason, while he said the other, I think the "blackhawk" one, works either way.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:11 pm »

Personally, moved a number of times in my lifetime - Bryan should take as much time as he needs to settle until he starts making videos again.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:59 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2014, 04:25:22 am »

Copeland is a lost man he is still lost and needs to get saved. i knew about the tie in of pentecostals and the catholics already this is further confirmation.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:03 am »

Copeland isn't the only one pulling this stunt that Churchianity is falling for. When I was in New Orleans, there were 2 "prominent" Baptist pastors that were part of the RCC Archdiocese's interfaith group. And the current SBC President, Fred Luter, is a part of his city's interfaith group.

That Palmer guy uses "sons of the fathers" from OT passages to refer to Catholic priests? Uhm...this has NOTHING to do with the Gentiles/NT Church Age AT ALL - talk about rotten fruit of replacement theology that the organized, modern-day "church" system has embraced.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2014, 04:20:18 pm »

I thought Bryan did a very good job answering questions in his recent videos over eternal security.

He made an interesting point(from scripture, that is) over those that play with fire by trying to change God's word - that their names could ultimately be blotted out out of the book of life(if they're saved prior, that is).

Rev 22:18  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Personally - my take on those that took part on these perverted bible translations committees(as well as professing ministries and YTers who make a living attacking the KJB) - this is just me, but not only do I not think that these people like James White, DA Carson, Virginia Molenkot, Eugene Peterson, etc were ever saved, but they were working with the enemy since day 1. And not to mention too 99% of these "pastors" whose careers have been in this 501c3 system their ENTIRE LIVES.

Ultimately, this passage rings a bell...

Hebrews 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

IOW, where is all of the chastening, rebuking, scourging, and correcting over these people like White, Carson, Mollenkot, Peterson, and pretty much every career-"pastor" in this 501c3 system by the Lord in their lives? Yes, I understand that the love of money is the root of all evil, and these people went this sinister direction b/c of just that.

However, from my personal experiences(and I'm NOT trying to boast here) - I can't tell you how many times I tried to go after high-paying careers in my respective field, and every time, the Lord just put his foot down and PREVENTED me from so(and can't tell you how many times I cried like a 5 year old kid begging for more ice cream each time I didn't get the lusts of my eyes fulfilled!). So yes, if I tell you that my flesh DOESN'T lust after money, then I would be LYING to you. IOW, none of us are perfect - we all have gotten stubborn and a bit rebellious in our Christian walk at times(and briefly took the wrong exit), only for the Lord to bring us out of every evil work. Ultimately, the Lord keeps his promise of keeping us from evil.

Ultimately, this is just my take on this - but kind of see what I'm saying here?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 02, 2014, 07:20:24 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 03, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »

Just finished his Titus 2 expository study. He made some good points from scripture over being around and learning from the elderly.

Saw this on Yahoo just now - it seems like these stories are becoming the "new norm" nowdays...

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/nj-teen-sues-parents-for-cash-and-college-tuition-201404488.html
Teen Sues Parents for Cash, College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?
3/3/14

A New Jersey teenager claiming her mother and father tossed her out of their home and cut her off financially is suing them for immediate support, current private-school fees and future college tuition. The parents, meanwhile, say that daughter Rachel Canning, 18, moved out voluntarily after refusing to abide by their rules.

“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife,” Rachel's father, Sean Canning, a town administrator and retired police officer, tells the Daily Record. “We have a child we want home. We’re not Draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home, and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’” The rules, he notes, include reconsidering her relationship with a boyfriend who may be a bad influence, being respectful, and abiding by her curfew. He and his wife, Elizabeth, who live in suburban Lincoln Park, about 25 miles outside of New York City, have kept their daughter’s car because they paid for it, says Canning, and he admits that they did stop paying Rachel's tuition at the private Morris Catholic High School. A hearing is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Morris County Superior Court.

For months, Rachel — an honor student, cheerleader, and lacrosse player — has been living with the family of her best friend and classmate, Jaime Inglesino, whose father, attorney John Inglesino, is bankrolling Rachel’s lawsuit. He’s also requesting in the lawsuit that the Cannings reimburse him for the legal fees, so far totaling $12,597, according to the paper. 

Rachel’s attorney, Tanya Helfand, is not currently taking calls as she prepares for Tuesday's hearing, her office tells Yahoo Shine. Rachel did not return a call from Yahoo Shine, and the Morris County court was closed on Monday due to inclement weather. But the Daily Record reports that, in the suit, Rachel alleges her parents decided to cut her off “from all support both financially and emotionally” as of her 18th birthday, which was November 1. Her suit also demands the following of the Cannings: that they take care of an outstanding $5,306 Morris Catholic tuition bill; pay their daughter’s current living and transportation expenses; and free up her existing college fund, as she’s already been accepted to several universities.

It’s not unheard of for youngsters to take legal action against their parents for various offenses — from a pregnant Texas teen who sued her parents for allegedly pressuring her to get an abortion, to a pair of Illinois siblings in their 20s who sued their mom (unsuccessfully) for bad mothering. Even so, the Canning case is an extremely unusual one, according to experts in family law. That’s because similar suits typically involve either a divorce context, with parents disagreeing on a child’s financial support, or a fight for emancipation, in which a teen is declared financially independent from parents.

“This young woman is actually saying, ‘I want to compel the court to continue to support me financially. That’s what’s unique in this case,” Mary Coogan, assistant director of the non-profit Advocates for Children of New Jersey, tells Yahoo Shine. “So this young lady is in a unique situation because it does become very fact-sensitive. There’s really no law directly on point.” What families in similar situations have done, in Coogan’s experience, is to file for what’s called a “family crisis petition,” in which the court will try to mediate an agreeable outcome between the parents and their child.

Talking the situation through would be a better route here than a lawsuit here, Kenneth Neumann, a New York divorce mediator and psychologist with the Center for Mediation & Training, tells Yahoo Shine. “We often use the legal system as a way to deal with disagreements when we should be using therapy or mediation,” he says, noting that Rachel’s case is “extremely rare,” and that he’s “not had a case like this in 30 years,” with the most unique angle being that the parents are not in disagreement. Unfortunately for Rachel, “I don’t think she has much of a case," says Neumann. "This sounds like just another 18-year-old who got into a thing with her parents.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

Either way whether he gets tons of emails or next to none, I have to agree with what he's doing here - ultimately, we as believers have to be PATIENTLY searching the scriptures daily if we want questions answered, instead of running around impatiently to whoever for answers (No, Bryan didn't give this reason - in general this is the case for ALL believers). Ultimately, it's God that giveth the increase.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:14 pm »

blackhawk45@netzero.net

It's THIS one(as he said in his last video).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 05, 2014, 05:33:33 am »

funny this comes out after i send him 1 email.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: