End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:34:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Note from moderator:

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Note from moderator:  (Read 3075 times)
tracihello

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »

Dear gentlemen... it has been brought to my attention that women are being silenced on this board. As I am the founder of this forum, I need to remind you that this forum is a sanctuary for believers, both male and female... and, as this is a forum and not a church, women are allowed to speak freely... as a pastor is not in a pulpit preaching and this is not a formal church service. we are to be silent in church... as it is becoming for a church to be done both decently and in order... and a woman is not to usurp authority over a man... and certainly not interrupt a pastor....

This is not a formal church. it is a sanctuary and a place for saints to fellowship. I'm asking that you do not silence anyone that has anything he or she would like to say. This is a place for edification.

And there are some, including myself that believe it is not proper for men and women to be private messaging... and it is definitely not right to insist that a person engage in private messaging, if that person has expressed a preference not to communicate by private message. If it can't be said in public, it ought not be said at all.... unless one is seeking to correct a believer that is sinning or in danger of sinning.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:10:40 pm by tracihello » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:29 pm »

Whats going on, and why wasnt i informed about it. If theres a problem it needs to be brought to my attention.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:38 pm »

it's not me  Shocked

my sympathy to the "gagged", whomever you are!  Cry

/agree with pm policy unless it's something completely neutral, for instance, third party website discussion

married people can't be too careful, and believe it or not -- there are people who are looking for someone to steal   :*(
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:49 pm »

Well - I'll say this much, it's starting to get just a tad bit testy here. No, I'm not calling anyone out, and I'll admit I'm starting to feel this way a bit. And no, I'm not trying to imply demons are infiltrating here.

But come on, guys - the way things are really shaping up now, the Lord's return looks like it's very, very near(no, I'm not trying to say the date is 5/21 either like that false prophet insists it is). Let's not give the devil a foothold here.

Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:16:40 am »

Whats going on, and why wasnt i informed about it. If theres a problem it needs to be brought to my attention.

I subscribed to this thread but did not receive any email notification... I suppose it could have been sent to the spam- box. How random.

I'm sorry she did not call it to your attention... and she only barely called it to mine. A man rebuked her by pm for saying what she said about a scripture in public rather than by pm. I can't find the posts on the thread anymore as they have been removed...
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:34:47 am »

it's not me  Shocked

/agree with pm policy unless it's something completely neutral, for instance, third party website discussion

married people can't be too careful, and believe it or not -- there are people who are looking for someone to steal   :*(

No, it is not you. :-)
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:26 am »

Well - I'll say this much, it's starting to get just a tad bit testy here. No, I'm not calling anyone out, and I'll admit I'm starting to feel this way a bit. And no, I'm not trying to imply demons are infiltrating here.

But come on, guys - the way things are really shaping up now, the Lord's return looks like it's very, very near(no, I'm not trying to say the date is 5/21 either like that false prophet insists it is). Let's not give the devil a foothold here.

Amen, BornAgain2.
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 11:42:08 am »

it's not me  Shocked

I just want to thank you for understanding and also for having compassion for the one that was gagged. I feel bad that it happened to her and am upset, as I was when she told me about it. She has already left the forum.  Cry

Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »

This is a forum and is not a formal church service. This is a place to discuss and to fellowship with other believers. No speech is to be stifled, here. Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »

no one said they couldn't. and no where have i seen where any one has said that a woman cant discuss scripture here. your post makes no sense with out context, and looking at something from all sides of the issue.
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 06:01:37 pm »

Does anyone have any question?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Dok will agree with me that i is okay for anyone (including a lady) to express his or her opinion about a scripture, here (on this forum), in public.
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

no one said they couldn't. and no where have i seen where any one has said that a woman cant discuss scripture here. your post makes no sense with out context, and looking at something from all sides of the issue.

I'm sorry, but I have to protect the privacy of a former forum member, and need to make a clear ruling on the subject of a woman being able to discuss a scripture in public. It was brought up to this woman, by pm, that a woman is to keep her silence in church.... and that a woman is not to disagree with a man when discussing a scripture in public.

I need to know that we are in accord that it is alright for a woman to discuss a scripture in public, even if her interpretation disagrees with a man's interpretation.

Do we have accord? Are we together on this?
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 07:55:29 pm »

A man pmed a woman and rebuked her for questioning a scripture interpretation in public... as he is a man and she ought to have kept silence in public.
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 10:10:48 pm »

one time when i drove around a corner too fast, my grandmother rebuked me and said, "young men can be expected to act like this, but you have no excuse."
I asked, "Why is that, Grandma?"
She replied, "God told men to fill the earth and subdue it". (creepy right?)
I corrected her and said, "The Lord was addressing both Adam and Eve (the man and the woman) with that command, if you read Genesis".
She wasn't able to say much. She had taken the verse out of context and could not even find the wisdom to admit it.

Hope that story made you lol!
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:45:10 pm »

one time when i drove around a corner too fast, my grandmother rebuked me and said, "young men can be expected to act like this, but you have no excuse."
I asked, "Why is that, Grandma?"
She replied, "God told men to fill the earth and subdue it". (creepy right?)
I corrected her and said, "The Lord was addressing both Adam and Eve (the man and the woman) with that command, if you read Genesis".
She wasn't able to say much. She had taken the verse out of context and could not even find the wisdom to admit it.

Hope that story made you lol!

Yes... that was cute.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 08:23:13 am »

I was that man. And in no way did I "stifle" anybody. I have the pm's to prove it if you like. Before people go jumping to conclusions they need to get ALL the truth to the story! Somebody is being deceived in this.

If a mod has issue with my actions, then they should contact me privately rather than not having the whole story and posting a thread such as this.

The whole point of using a pm is to keep drama out of the public eye, and it is in fact scriptural, as we know scripture says that if we have ought against another go to them alone, right? That's exactly what I did, I sent a pm to them alone, and because they got rebuked for their outburst in William's thread where he was calling out for help, in total disrespect for William, they got mad at me apparently and tried to make me look like the bad guy, in public. Thank you Jesus!

Nobody was "gagged"! That is just absurd to say. If you read ALL of the posts and pm's involved, you'd know that, but rather you weren't told the whole story by the person in questrion. I don't have mod powers of any kind, so I have no way to stop anybody from posting.

A man rebuked her by pm for saying what she said about a scripture in public rather than by pm. I can't find the posts on the thread anymore as they have been removed...

I'll give the links to the thread in question if you like. Dok now has them too. I already explained my side to Dok in a pm when he sent me a pm asking me to explain my actions, which is what should have been done by all mods.

In the thread in question, I posted scripture to comfort William, and I got my post questioned doctrinally, so I replied in the thread, to which they replied back in the thread, so that reply prompted me to send a pm rather than have a off topic discussion in William's thread where he was asking for help. First and foremost, it was in defense of William's time of need.

Believers are the church, not some building, and this is just one place where some members of the church gathers, and ALL people, men and women, are free to post, and I never have said otherwise, so somebody is making a false accusation towards me. Thank you Jesus.

And there are some, including myself that believe it is not proper for men and women to be private messaging... and it is definitely not right to insist that a person engage in private messaging, if that person has expressed a preference not to communicate by private message. If it can't be said in public, it ought not be said at all

What? What strange doctrine is that? Where is that found in scripture? Your confusing actions in person with this impersonal digital environment.

Besides, scripture says to tell them and them alone, so if that is the case, how do you suppose a person who sees something out of line is suppose to keep it private between them two? And no, some things must be said in defense of the gospel and sometimes that needs to be done in private out of the public eye, male or female.

For the sake of truth, I NEVER insisted anybody "engage in private messaging". I simply brought up scripture and I won't apologize for that. Again, I have the pm's to prove it. I encouraged the following of sound doctrine. I did not "insist".

What I said was that if a person has a problem with me, they should tell me in private rather than go completely off topic in the thread and scold me in public out of total lack of respect for the thread which was started by William asking for help.

If it can't be said in public, it ought not be said at all

TOTALLY disagree! That may be the way the world does things, but not how we as believers act. The world says that phrase because they don't believe in respect for others and believe in eye for an eye, and want to make a scene in public. We as believers are suppose to be better than that.

It's one thing to offer differing understandings of scripture in a thread, but it's a whole 'nother thing when a person wants to correct a brother for unChristian actions.

My mistake, replying off topic, was in not going straight to a pm as soon as my thread post was brought into question, but instead I replied stating they misunderstood my post. Then they made it personal, and so I went to pm's to take the distraction out of the public eye, and I get scolded for that? Thank you Jesus!

"Ye shall know the truth..."
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »

I do not understand what kind of drama you were trying to avoid. It is normally good for men and women not to pm one-another, too much... ESPECIALLY in debate. If it can't be said in public, then it ought not be said in private. A person can discuss a verse or disagree on any number of things without it being personal. It is not an attack on a person's character: it is a discussion of something outside of either person's character. If you were trying to avoid a hijack of a thread, then it is better to start another thread than to take a debate to private message. If we were all to learn from this and keep our interactions public, then we make no room for anyone to guess what we have said. It is good that what we say, we say out in the open.

Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »

I understand that some things need to be done by private message, but I'm advising as a general rule to not do anything by private message that can be done in public. There are obviously some issues that are sensitive and others that require discretion. As a general rule, it is best for a male to not pm a female in any discussion that can be discussed in public. Next time, just start another thread... and it will save a lot of pain.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:25:18 pm by tracihello » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »

Matt 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Matt 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The first place we go to is the Bible and see what Jesus has to say. If you get PM 's that you dont want or dont want to answer, just delete them, place the person on your ignore list, found under PROFILE-Personal Message Options and let the person know not to contact you anymore and that you placed them on your ignore list. If this doesnt work contact me and i will handle it from there.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:32:53 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »

Matt 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Matt 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

The first place we go to is the Bible and see what Jesus has to say. If you get PM 's that you dont want or dont want to answer, just delete them, place the person on your ignore list, found under PROFILE-Personal Message Options and let the person know not to contact you anymore and that you placed them on your ignore list. If this doesnt work contact me and i will handle it from there.

Understood. Kilika, please accept my apology for not taking it to you.

Nevertheless, to avoid any more complications, please refrain from pm-ing arguments, especially to women. The bible says to be above reproach and to avoid ALL APPEARANCE of evil... and there is something about a male member pm-ing a female member that is an appearance of trying to get the woman alone in a discussion, as though to make an argument to her that you would not make in public conversation. Men try to do this to me on Facebook thinking that I might be persuaded if there are no others around to help me.
Report Spam   Logged
Vanessa

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:46 pm »

THIS WAS KILIKA'S PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ME (ANOTHER MEMBERS NAME HAS BEEN CENSORED)

The Lord rebuke you. How dare you disrespect _______, a very young brother that is seriously reaching out to the brethren for help. And you go and cause disruption by going off-topic and scolding me in public out of total disregard for ______. How dare you! You got a beef with me woman, fine, but don't you dare go around blasting people like that and take away from anothers time of need.

As I said, and apparently you still don't get, a pm was in order considering the thread is from a person that is seeking immmediate help, not just a general discussion about what a person thinks about a verse or something.

God willing, what you should do is apologize profusely to _____, and to the brethren for your disruption. Take the low seat and humble yourself before God.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10 (KJB)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Kilika misrepresented the truth in his post on this thread. He uses the word of God erroneously, out of context, and to his advantage 3 times in this one situation alone. once to coerse another member to do something that is not required biblically (which was a coersion to confess sins on a public forum using a particular verse). The 2nd time, to coerse me into having to engage him via pm using verses, and the 3rd time by using the biblical distinctions between men and women to get me into subjection to him (hence, referring to me as "woman" rather than by my name). THIS IS DEAD WRONG and disrespectful beyond words. His message has threatening undertones with language like "don't you dare!"

It started with a member on the forum posting a prayer request because he had sinned against the Lord (but he did not reveal what the sin was) Kilika then proceded to tell him that it wasn't enough for him to just say he wanted prayer, that he had to confess (to us on the forum) what the sin was in order to be healed from it using the verse
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I felt this was a bad interpretation of the verse so before the forum member felt the need to post his sin because of kilikas comment i replied to kilika on the thread essentially saying that: with all do respect, i didnt feel that the forum member had to confess his sin on a public forum as the verse says confess your FAULTS not ur sins one to another. We are only required to confess our sins to God via our one and only Mediator, Jesus. Then at the end of my comment i asked "am I wrong about this?" as a sincere question, leaving myself open to being corrected on my take on the verse. Well Kilika went off on me, rebuking me for correcting him etc and that i should have sent him a pm if i felt the need to admonish him. From my prespective my comment was hardly an admonishment and in comparison to the times he has harshly admonished people on the forum publicly, in my opinion i was being as humble about it as possible and I was not going "off topic" what i was saying was directly related to the thread itself.

when i read his very nasty reply on the thread. i replied back saying that it was going to be the last time i engage him as it is obvious he doesnt like for people to disagree with him and i also said that because he hadn't proven biblically why people are required to confess their sins publically, i will stand by my understanding of it and the fact that people are not required to display their sins on a public forum or anywhere that is public. After he read my reply he sent me an even nastier message privately (message posted above) referring to me as "woman" (implying that i am in subjection to him because he is a man) The bible says "wives be in subjection to your OWN HUSBANDS" I am not in subjection to any man on this forum first cuz noone here is my husband and second this is not a church setting. Kilika is waaaay out of line by behaving this way simply because I clarified a verse for another member and he didnt like it.

In regards to James 5:16 (the verse that i originally gave my take on and how this whole thing got started) it says:
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Even if the word "faults" could be interchanged with the word "sins" i dont think the verse was talking about confessing your sins on a public forum for a bunch of people whom one does not really know, to read. I don't think that you can take that verse and apply it to the internet, it would be best to find a person (of God) that one confides and trusts in, to reveal personal struggles to in order to find restoration (Hence the second part of the verse that says "The effectual fervent prayer of a RIGHTEOUS man availeth much." how can you know if everybody that is reading ur business on the net is RIGHTEOUS?)
I just didnt want to see anbody be coersed into posting anything he/she didn't feel comfortable posting out of guilt that he/she wasn't following biblical guidlines. I strongly believe that asking for prayer is sufficient enough, if that is what someone wishes to do.

Kilika also said that I was required to PM him my disagreement about the verse using Matt 18:15 "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother."

first of all I am not required as a married woman to PM another man. Second of all, like Traci said, it is not proper. Thirdly, since i was not confronting Kilika on any sin or trespass he had committed but simply just a clarification of a verse, I was not required to speak with him privately.
I am not the first one to give a bible interpretation on the public threads. The members are doing this on a daily basis, yet i am the only one required to do this privately because certain people are above being wrong on anything. It's ridiculous and way out of line.....and THAT is the WHOLE story

This is not a church! this is a public forum/social network where people can come and fellowship not a church setting. So it is a bizzar idea to say that this is a church when anybody and everybody even if you are not chistian or even registered can come and see what is being said here and post anything they would like. It is impossible to regulate a public forum to resemble what the bible says church services should be like for example married women are not protected here by their "head covering" which are their husbands from people who over-step their boundaries regarding how they treat them (as they would be in an orderly church service) *hint hint*.....so to say that we have to follow biblical church guidelines is just incorrect and a misrepresentation of what the bible calls a church setting.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:26:54 pm by Vanessa » Report Spam   Logged

2 Tim 2:5 "And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully."
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »

Do you see, kilika, that anything a person says in private will eventually be made known... in this case, sooner rather than later. For your own sake, it is not good to send an argumentative or a threatening message. I need to ask you to apologize to Vanessa for your threatening tone and I need to ask you to recant your accusations.

She had as much right to be part of the conversation as anyone else, and she had as much right to contribute... and that is what she did. You say you are protecting another member.... but from what??? From hearing that it isn't necessary to confess his sins to us?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:37:43 pm by tracihello » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 06:12:59 pm »

"Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16 (KJB)

We indeed are all sinners and at times fall away from walkng in the Spirit, but Jesus is merciful, thank you Jesus! The key I believe is in confessing the fault, the sin that you believe you have committed. Just saying pray for me I believe isn't fully confessing.

By all means don't go beating yourself up over this, whatever it is, because your not alone, we all have our moments, just as the Apostle Paul illustrates in his walk.

"I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me." Romans 7:21 (KJB)

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." Galatians 5:17 (KJB)

"Peace [be] to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23 (KJB)

w/all do respect brother because i DO have much respect for you but the verse says confess your faults one to another not your sins. we confess our sins to God...i don't think it is necessary nor prudent to put our sins on blast on the internet or anywhere else if we don't feel comfortable doing so. i think it is sufficient for someone to request prayer. Am I wrong on this???

"Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16 (KJB)

Notice the operative word "and"? Which is followed by, "pray for one another, that ye may be healed"? Did you forget that part of the verse? Or the last part? What wrong have I done, except post the truth? What about the other 3 verses? Yet you make an accusation out of one part of one verse? If you feel I have done wrong to the point you felt the need to admonish me, then a pm might have been in order first. Does not scripture say, "...and him alone..."?

I also know that if our enemy hunger, we, God willing, feed him. But all I got from you was...

w/all do respect brother because i DO have much respect for you but the verse says confess your faults one to another not your sins. we confess our sins to God...i don't think it is necessary nor prudent to put our sins on blast on the internet or anywhere else if we don't feel comfortable doing so. i think it is sufficient for someone to request prayer. Am I wrong on this???

I'm learning every day just how powerful the words of our Lord are when He said "Feed my sheep". Thank you Jesus.[/color]

Notice the operative word "and"? Which is followed by, "pray for one another, that ye may be healed"? Did you forget that part of the verse? Or the last part? What wrong have I done, except post the truth? What about the other 3 verses? Yet you make an accusation out of one part of one verse? If you feel I have done wrong to the point you felt the need to admonish me, then a pm might have been in order first. Does not scripture say, "...and him alone..."?

I also know that if our enemy hunger, we, God willing, feed him. But all I got from you was...

I'm learning every day just how powerful the words of our Lord are when He said "Feed my sheep". Thank you Jesus.

whoa! this will be the last time i engage you. since you don't take people questioning ur remarks lightly. You have not proven biblically why it is required that people post up or confess publicly the sins they've commited so i will stand by my conviction that one is not required to do this in order to be healed. I don't think i am required to pm message you about something as simple as the question i had. You post up admonitions all the time that are faaaar harsher than what i posted (and i dont see how what i said was anywhere near what you took it to be) it was just my take on a verse and i even asked the question at the end "am I wrong on this?" so as not to sound pompous and that i was open to be corrected on this verse. obviously you are not open to being corrected so i will not ask you anymore questions or disagreements. 

(my pm reply to her...)

The Lord rebuke you. How dare you disrespect William, a very young brother that is seriously reaching out to the brethren for help. And you go and cause disruption by going off-topic and scolding me in public out of total disregard for William. How dare you! You got a beef with me woman, fine, but don't you dare go around blasting people like that and take away from anothers time of need.

As I said, and apparently you still don't get, a pm was in order considering the thread is from a person that is seeking immmediate help, not just a general discussion about what a person thinks about a verse or something.

God willing, what you should do is apologize profusely to William, and to the brethren for your disruption. Take the low seat and humble yourself before God.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10 (KJB)
[/color][/quote]

you obviously have issues. Don't message me anymore thank you
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »

There is the whole dramatic episode. For starters, when it says faults, it is talking about ones sins. It isnt talking about knocking over a cup of coffee and ruining the carpet. Now the person that was being talked to was William who has been forgotten in this fiasco. and yes i do consider this a fiasco, you can all get mad at me.  Grin Was Kilikia a little ruff? probably, but i can see his point of view, which is hes trying to help a person, who does have some issues and really needs a elder to help him out, and Vanessa muddies the water a little.

In this situation would a PM been a little better because of the circumstances involved? ya it probably would have been, especially since you cant pull each other over to the side and talk, as this is a computer world, and we arent together. and William is easily confused by such things. no offense to you William.

No i do think that Vanessas response to the post was a little over the top. To which i can see why Kilikia's PM was a little over the top.

Now what you both need to do, is apologize to each other, and forgive each other, and than apologize to William. That is what we are commanded to do by our Creator, so do it.

Now Traci, you really need to get both sides of an issue before making posts and inflaming an issue. You have yet to get Kilikias side at all before you started posting anything. Now is there anyone i forgot to admonish? Let me know and ill hook you right up. This is an issue that got blown all out of proportion,.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 06:32:10 pm »

Also you have the right to be offended, we are a family and as such there will always be squabbles. We will always argue over the Scriptures as that is how Jesus made it si that we would always be searching his word.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »

Or maybe faults in this context is when you sin AGAINST that OTHER person?

What I'm saying is that if, let's say, you steal $5 from the cafeteria lady, do you confess this sin to, let's say, some girl you know in your neighborhood who doesn't even go to your school? No, of course not - you confess this to that cafeteria lady you stole from, and then pay back the money you stole.

Or let's look at another example - if, let's say, you have lustfu l thoughts over your friend's girlfriend(and don't go as far as that) - do you confess this to your friend? Or to his girlfriend? OF COURSE NOT!

I mean where the Roman Catholic system goes wrong is that you can sin whatever sin you want, and a confessional they say will do the trick(ie-all those young boys that get molested by priests, but those priests and Jesuits still have their jobs b/c they made their confessional to their fellow priests).

I think this is the context they may be talking about.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:39:15 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 07:00:13 pm »

There is the whole dramatic episode. For starters, when it says faults, it is talking about ones sins. It isnt talking about knocking over a cup of coffee and ruining the carpet. Now the person that was being talked to was William who has been forgotten in this fiasco. and yes i do consider this a fiasco, you can all get mad at me.  Grin Was Kilikia a little ruff? probably, but i can see his point of view, which is hes trying to help a person, who does have some issues and really needs a elder to help him out, and Vanessa muddies the water a little.

In this situation would a PM been a little better because of the circumstances involved? ya it probably would have been, especially since you cant pull each other over to the side and talk, as this is a computer world, and we arent together. and William is easily confused by such things. no offense to you William.

No i do think that Vanessas response to the post was a little over the top. To which i can see why Kilikia's PM was a little over the top.

Now what you both need to do, is apologize to each other, and forgive each other, and than apologize to William. That is what we are commanded to do by our Creator, so do it.

Now Traci, you really need to get both sides of an issue before making posts and inflaming an issue. You have yet to get Kilikias side at all before you started posting anything. Now is there anyone i forgot to admonish? Let me know and ill hook you right up. This is an issue that got blown all out of proportion,.

Dok, I need to bring this up line-by line... and will start with some main ones that are standing out to me; mainly that the person being forgotten was the person that started the thread. Kilika brought up a verse and concluded that this party must confess his sins to us.... and Vanessa gently stated that he does not have to confess his sins to us. It was for his sake that she needed to say it. It was not out of line at all. In fact, it would have been remiss not to say anything, and let a young person go on to believe he must confess his sins to the forum. It is not reasonable, at all to expect a person to be silent...

Actually. I will only address that one statement, for now, that the person forgotten was the person that made the thread... it is the fact this person might have been left to think he must confess his sins to us is the reason someone needed to hurry up and let him know he does not need to confess his sins to us. I don't understand how you can say the person was forgotten. It doesn't make any sense that anyone would say that.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 07:07:21 pm »

Dok, I need to bring this up line-by line... and will start with some main ones that are standing out to me; mainly that the person being forgotten was the person that started the thread. Kilika brought up a verse and concluded that this party must confess his sins to us.... and Vanessa gently stated that he does not have to confess his sins to us. It was for his sake that she needed to say it. It was not out of line at all. In fact, it would have been remiss not to say anything, and let a young person go on to believe he must confess his sins to the forum. It is not reasonable, at all to expect a person to be silent...

Actually. I will only address that one statement, for now, that the person forgotten was the person that made the thread... it is the fact this person might have been left to think he must confess his sins to us is the reason someone needed to hurry up and let him know he does not need to confess his sins to us. I don't understand how you can say the person was forgotten. It doesn't make any sense that anyone would say that.

sorry, but he was lost in all of this.

The verse says, "Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.", Kilikia  no where in his post stated that William should, how did you put it this party must confess his sins to us., no where in his post does he state this. please copy and paste where he does say this as i cannot find it.
Report Spam   Logged

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:35 pm »

Is it now going to be up to you or Kilika to decide what posts benefit a person and what posts don't?

I'm sorry, but I see a post, that by all appearances is both a post for the benefit of the person that

had the prayer request.... and it is a contribution to the conversation that had to do with the

conversation. I'm trying to understand what is the problem anyone would have with the post.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »

Is it now going to be up to you or Kilika to decide what posts benefit a person and what posts don't?

I'm sorry, but I see a post, that by all appearances is both a post for the benefit of the person that

had the prayer request.... and it is a contribution to the conversation that had to do with the

conversation. I'm trying to understand what is the problem anyone would have with the post.

im trying to understand how this whole mess started in the first place. now i am starting to understand. You said it is because Kilikia said William should confess his sins to US. well where does he say this at?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: