End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:29:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Catholic Church creates new god on Pagan New Year!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic Church creates new god on Pagan New Year!  (Read 2238 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:38:13 pm »

Pope John Paul II's body exhumed ahead of beatification
Thousands gather in Rome; coffin will be placed in St. Peter's Basilica for viewing

Pope John Paul II's coffin was exhumed on Friday ahead of his beatification as tens of thousands of people began arriving in Rome for one of the biggest events since his funeral in 2005.

The pope is being beatified on the day the church celebrates the movable Feast of Divine Mercy, which this year happens to fall on May 1, the most important feast in the communist world.

rest of this tragedy: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42819424/ns/world_news/?GT1=43001

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

Pope beatifies John Paul II before 1.5M faithful

Some 1.5 million pilgrims flooded Rome Sunday to watch Pope John Paul II move a step closer to sainthood in one of the largest Vatican Masses in history, an outpouring of adoration for a beloved and historic figure after years marred by church scandal.

The turnout for the beatification far exceeded even the most optimistic expectation of 1 million people, the number Rome city officials predicted. For Catholics filling St. Peter's Square and streets and watching around the world, the beatification was a welcome hearkening back to the days when the pope was almost universally beloved.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110501/ap_on_re_eu/eu_vatican_john_paul_ii
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »

Catholics Commit Idolatry by Praying to Dead Saints

Rome teaches that Catholic faithful are to honor and invoke the saints in Heaven, who offer prayers to God for man.

956. "The intercession of the saints. 'Being more closely united to Christ, those who dwell in heaven fix the whole Church more firmly in holiness.... They do not cease to intercede with the Father for us, as they proffer the merits which they acquired on earth through the one mediator between God and men, Christ Jesus.... So by their fraternal concern is our weakness greatly helped.'[LG 49; cf. 1 Tim 2:5 .] …" (Catechism of the Catholic Church, Doubleday:New York, © 1994 United States Catholic Conference, Inc. – Libreria Editrice Vaticana, p. 271)

This is how it works, more or less: The Catholic on earth prays to the spirit of someone the pope (at least in latter times) has declared to have lived an exemplar life of faith and who now resides in heaven. Then, the spirit of the dead saint prays to God on behalf of the earthbound Catholic. It is something like that old kids' game called "Pass It On."

Have you ever wondered how the saint in Heaven can be assured that the person seeking his intercession is playing straight? Or does he just intercede for anyone who asks, even Satanists, atheists, pranksters, etc? Think about it. If a voodoo priestess calls upon the name of John the Baptist – who must surely be residing in Heaven – does John just dash off a quick intercessory prayer for that priestess' intentions? Perhaps there is a Heaven-based private detective agency that does background checks on everyone who seeks help from the Catholic saints.

The Scriptures teach that God is omnipresent – that He exists everywhere all the time (Psalm 139:7-12). That God is omniscient we also know from Scriptures (1 John 3:20). These are some of the attributes of God. I know of no passage in Scripture where I might read that the spirits in Heaven exist everywhere and know everything. Rome, of course, has found a way to twist a passage of Scripture to support her idea that these spirits can keep abreast of events on earth.

"That the saints know something of what passes on earth and can sympathize with us, may be inferred from what our Savior says in St. Matthew (xxii, 30), that the saints "shall be as the Angels of God in Heaven," and from what He says in St. Luke (xv, 7, 10), "I say unto you, there shall be joy before the Angels of God upon one sinner doing penance." If the Angels see a sinner doing penance, the saints who are like Angels of God can do the same." (C. F. Donovan, Our Faith and the Facts, Patrick L. Baine:Chicago (1927), p. 322: w/Nihil Obstat and Imprimitur)

There you go. To support prayers to saints, one RCC theologian takes a proof text out of context and forces it to match his need. Then he misquotes or mistranslates another passage and then bends it to his will as well. Finally, he draws a false parallel between angels and the souls of the dead. One more example of Roman Catholic eisegesis.

Let's break it down and see if the Scriptures indeed do support Father Donovan's arguments. The verse from Matthew, in context, reads as follows in the KJV:

Matthew 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

Matthew 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Matthew 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:

Matthew 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.

Matthew 22:27 And last of all the woman died also.

Matthew 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Matthew 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

Matthew 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Matthew 22:33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Jesus was having one of THOSE days. First, the Pharisees had sent their disciples to try to trick Him into making a declaration that would be considered treasonous by Roman authorities. That didn't work. Then the Sadducees thought to snare Him with a trick question – and that is what the above passage records. When reading the passage, one should bear in mind that the Sadducees did not believe in things supernatural; things like the resurrection of the dead and the existence of angels.

The loaded question is detailed in verses 25-28. I suppose the cunning Sadducees figured they'd chivvy Jesus into a situation where He would be forced to admit there is no resurrection of the dead. Didn't work, as we see in the succeeding verses.

Jesus slammed them hard in verse 29, when He told them the premise upon which their question was based was flawed. And the reason for their error? Crystal clear. "Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God." And this is, of course, the same charge that can be laid against Father Donovan, whose teaching on this issue is certified to contain nothing contrary to Roman Catholic doctrine.

Jesus, being the perfect Teacher, went on to explain their error to the Sadducees – and to us. In the process, He exposes another of their false beliefs. Angels are deathless creatures, who do not propagate and therefore have no need for marriage. In the resurrection, the saints will have those same characteristics.

The proof text cited by Donovan in no way supports the saints "know something of what passes on earth and can sympathize with us." Roman Catholic eisegesis of a verse taken out of context.

But what about the proof texts from Luke? Let's first read them, again in context.

Luke 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

Luke 15:2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

Luke 15:3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Luke 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

Luke 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

Luke 15:9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Did you notice? There is no mention of anyone doing penance in either verse 7 or verse 10. I went to the Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible, the New Testament of which was "Translated from the Latin Vulgate and diligently compared with the original Greek" back in 1582. There, I found these renderings for verses 7 and 10:

7 I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.

10 So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

Wow! Now we're talking penance. Let's see now. The translations in the KJV were made from available Greek texts. The Rheims New Testament was translated from the Latin Vulgate, which was translated from Greek texts, and then was compared with whatever Greek texts were available in Rheims in 1582.

I don't read Latin, so it would serve no useful purpose for me to look at the verses in that version. I did go to the 21st edition of Eberhard Nestle's Novum Testamentum Graece to see how the verses read in that document. Since this BBS does not support a Greek alphabet, I shall simply provide a literal, word-for-word translation, in the original word order.

Luke 15:7 I tell you that thus joy in – heaven will be over one sinner repenting than over ninety-nine just men who no need have of repentance.

Luke 15:10 So I tell you there is joy before the angels - of God over one sinner repenting.

Oops! Sure seems as though those folks who worked on the Rheims New Testament were not terribly diligent when comparing their translation of the Vulgate with the original Greek. Tsk. Tsk.

For a more detailed examination of these passages, I invite the reader to Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament, Volume II, pages 204-7; Baker Book House edition. But for now, back to Father Donovan's teaching:

The verses from Luke cited by Donovan are drawn from a larger account of Jesus reproaching the Pharisees. The high and mighty Pharisees were increasingly upset by the popularity of Jesus' message with the tax collectors and outcasts of society. Jesus was aware of their grumbling, so He used parables to rebuke them for their pious self-righteousness.

In verse 4, He describes how God takes the initiative in seeking sinners. This was the opposite of what rabbis were teaching: that God would receive sinners who sought His forgiveness with sufficient earnestness (Sounds a lot like what the RCC teaches, doesn't it?). Verse 7 and verse 10 speak to joy over the return of the lost.

The "joy in Heaven" mentioned in verse 7 refers to the joy of God Himself. On earth, the Pharisees were complaining (see verse 2), but in Heaven there was great joy with God and among the angels. The heavenly joy resulted from the repentance of those sinners who responded to Jesus' message, as opposed to those who think themselves righteous and have no need to repent.

Look again at verse 6. The shepherd is the one who is joyful at the recovery of his lost sheep and it is the shepherd who calls his friends to share his good news with them. In verse 9, it is the woman who found her lost coin who is filled with joy and who gathers her friends and neighbors to tell them of her good news. In neither parable do the friends and neighbors have any reason to be joyful until they are informed of the good fortune of one who recovered what was lost. Think about the teaching. Who is symbolized by the shepherd and the woman and who are the lost? It is fallen man who has strayed from the fold and it is the Lord God Who feels joy when one of His lost ones returns. The angels in Heaven are like the friends and neighbors in the parables; until the Lord shares His joy with them, there is no reason to believe they have any idea what is going on with the lost.

Context. Context. Context.

Donovan provides another pseudo-biblical support for the idea that saints are aware of happenings on earth.

"Moses, when with God on the mountain, far away and out of sight, was allowed to know that his people had fallen into idolatry. He could see what was passing elsewhere and could pray to God for them. It is only natural to suppose the saints can do the same. Those blessed souls in Heaven, who are bound to us by ties of nature and grace, must have a sincere desire to help us in our necessities. We believe that the Blessed Virgin and the Saints enjoy the power of interceding for us with God, a privilege bestowed upon them by Jesus Christ." (Donovan, Op. cit.)

Wrong again. Donovan informs his Catholic readers that Moses, while up on the mountain top with God, was empowered to see what was happening down below. He then builds on the basis of this "power" of Moses by claiming it is "natural to suppose the saints can do the same." I confess that for me it is not "natural to suppose" any such thing.

The biblical account of Moses' visit with the Lord God atop Mt. Horeb is long and complex and one that I had to refresh myself on. So, I carefully read again Exodus chapters 19 through 32 to see whether the priest was correct. I found nothing to support the idea that Moses was able to see "what was passing elsewhere." What I did find was that God TOLD Moses what was passing elsewhere. And that is very much different from the Catholic teaching Donovan provides.

Exodus 32:7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

Exodus 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

I checked the Douay-Rheims Old Testament and Exodus 32:7,8 read essentially the same as my KJV. Donovan's book carries the Nihil Obstat and Imprimitur, so we are assured that it has been reviewed by ecclesiastical authorities and was determined to contain nothing contrary to Roman Catholic doctrine. This must be an assurance that what Donovan wrote above at least parallels official RCC doctrine. If this is so, then Rome is wrong. Period.

The arguments and Scriptures the RCC uses to support the fantasy that the spirits of dead know what is going on – to some degree at least – and are available to intercede on behalf of the Catholic faithful still living on earth don't work. The premise is false.

Believers don't need to make contact with spirits of the dead to seek their intercession with God Almighty. As children of God, members of His family, we have the right to go boldly before the Throne of Grace with our petitions. We can appeal to our heavenly Father directly.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/rcc5-saints.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:03 pm »

Praying to Saints

Should we pray to the Saints?

Understanding Roman Catholicism © 1995 by Rick Jones

The Catechism admonishes members to pray to those who, because of their good works, have been declared by the church to be "saints:"

"The witnesses who have preceded us into the kingdom, especially those whom the Church recognizes as saints, share in the living tradition of prayer by the example of their lives... They contemplate God, praise him and constantly care for those whom they have left on earth. Their intercession is their most exalted service to God's plan. We can and should ask them to intercede for us and for the whole world." Pg. 645, #2683 (See also Pg. 249, #956)

This chapter must begin by defining the word "saint." Catholicism teaches that a saint is one of a select few who, because of good works while alive, is declared a saint after death:

"By canonizing some of the faithful, i.e., by solemnly proclaiming that they practiced heroic virtue and lived in fidelity to God's grace, the Church recognizes the power of the Spirit of holiness within her and sustains the hope of believers by proposing the saints to them as models and intercessors." Pg. 219, #828

According to Scripture, however, anyone who is born again by faith in Christ is a saint. Paul wrote to all the saints (Christians) in Rome:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7 

Many other verses express the same truth:

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;" Ephesians 3:8
"...Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints," Jude 1:14

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Ephesians 4:11-12

(See also Acts 9:13; 9:32; 9:41; 26:10; Romans 8:27; 12:13; 15:25; 15:26; 15:31; 16:2; 16:15; 1 Cor-inthians 6:1, 2 Corinthians 1:1, Ephesians 1:1, plus dozens of other New Testament references.)

Why this doctrine?

In short, the scenario goes like this. Catholicism discarded the scriptural definition of a "saint" and devised a new one, then instructed members to pray to these unscriptural "saints."

The question is, why pray to anyone else when the God of the universe is in heaven waiting to hear and answer prayers?

Are "saints" intercessors?

Supposedly, these so-called saints "intercede with the Father for us." But we have already learned that Jesus Christ is our only intercessor. Therefore, to suggest otherwise is but a man made tradition.

Here's another interesting Catechism quote concerning saints:

"Exactly as Christian communion among our fellow pilgrims brings us closer to Christ, so our communion with the saints joins us to Christ..." Pg. 249-250, #957

According to the Catholic church, praying to saints brings people closer to Christ. However, you will not find this doctrine in Scripture either. It is another tradition of men that neither Jesus nor the Bible ever taught.

In fact, this practice of communing with the dead treads dangerously close to necromancy, another practice strongly condemned in the Bible. (See Deuteronomy 18:10-12.)

Conclusion

The nagging question you must answer here is: Why would the Catholic church rather have members pray to dead men than to the living, all-powerful, prayer-answering God?

Keep in mind that if these traditions of men are not true, then all your prayers to "saints" are but worthless chatter.

If you pray to God, though, you may claim many wonderful Biblical promises:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:37 am »

"Pope Benedict XVI kisses the glass reliquary containing the blood of late Pope John Paul II.
This act took place during the beatification ceremony in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, Sunday, May 1, 2011, in the fastest beatification in modern times

My comment:
To worship blood is basically a central doctrine of Witchcraft. Witches and Satanist taps blood of Chickens and other created beings, and declare it powerful and holy.
The blood of the late pope was tapped while he still was alive. Than kept to be venerated and adored after he had passed away. “The Holy blood of the Pope”.
The Bible says there is only one blood that is Holy. And that is the blood of Jesus the Messiah.  This blood was shed once and for all, at the cross in Jerusalem 2.000 years ago.
There is basically no difference between that the Roman Catholic Church are doing, and what witches are doing. To tap blood of people, put it in containers, adore and venerate it, is nothing but Satanic witchcraft. It is extreme wickedness.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Regardless of what people might think and feel about it. Now man who do this will escape the wrath of God. The lawless man in the Vatican is the man of sin, doomed for destruction. All who worship this man as “The Holy Father” will end up in the same hot place as him."

http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/pope-kisses-tapped-blood-of-deceased-pope/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:20:07 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »

Vatican to announce John Paul II 'miracle'
The Vatican has secretly attributed a mystery miracle to the late John Paul II, clearing the way for him to be declared a saint.

The Holy See has yet to reveal what the miracle was or where and when it took place but Vatican sources said it would “amaze the world”.

It concerns the “extraordinary healing” of a Costa Rican woman who was cured of a severe brain injury after her family began praying to the memory of the late Polish pope, according to reports in the Italian media.

Details of the miracle are likely to be announced at the end of this month or at the beginning of July, a Vatican insider told The Daily Telegraph.

John Paul II was beatified — the first step towards sainthood — in a lavish outdoor ceremony in St Peter’s Square in May 2011.

The second miracle — which is required in order for him to be given full sainthood — reportedly occurred on the very day of his beatification.

It has reportedly been recognised by theologians from the Vatican’s Congregation for the Causes of Saints, which is in charge of examining the “dossiers” of candidates for sainthoods.

It now has to be signed off by a commission of cardinals and bishops, which is expected to happen within the next few weeks.

John Paul’s first attributed miracle was the apparent healing of a French nun, Sister Marie Simon-Pierre.

Her recovery from Parkinson’s disease after praying for the late pope’s “intercession” had no medical explanation, the Catholic Church maintains.

The Polish pontiff is likely to be formally made a saint in the autumn — either on Oct 20 or Nov 24.

The canonisation ceremony is likely to be attended by hundreds of thousands of Catholic faithful and will be presided over by Pope Francis, who was elected in March.

“The canonisation of Karol Wojtyla will be the crowning glory of the recent history of Catholicism, linking the last three pontificates,” Saverio Gaeta, who wrote a biography of John Paul II, told La Stampa newspaper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/10129593/Vatican-to-announce-John-Paul-II-miracle.html
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 03:42:20 pm »

Pope John Paul II isn't exactly "celebrating" this where he is now, b/c he's doing the opposite...

Luke 16:22  And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luk 16:25  But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26  And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Luk 16:27  Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28  For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29  Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30  And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31  And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 03:07:24 am »

He's sleeping with the rest of the dead, for now. But his time will come.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:45 am »

Vatican miracle judges approve John Paul II for sainthood

The Vatican congregation in charge of examining candidates for sainthoods has recognised a second miracle by John Paul II, leaving just a papal signature necessary to authorise the former pope's canonisation, Italian news agency ANSA reported Tuesday.

The Polish pope is likely to be canonised by the end of the year in a ceremony which could take place in December, the agency said.

Vatican theologians in June had attributed a second miracle to John Paul II, which Vatican sources had said would "amaze the world", the report said.

The long road to sainthood requires two "confirmed" miracles, the first of which is necessary for beatification, a hurdle the Polish pope cleared just six months after his death in 2005.

That was the healing of a French nun, Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, whose recovery from Parkinson's disease after praying for the late John Paul II's "intercession" had no medical explanation.

The second miracle reportedly took place on the very day that John Paul II was beatified in a lavish ceremony in St Peter's Square on May 1, 2011, and was the healing of a woman from Costa Rica.

The go-ahead from the Vatican's Congregation for the Causes of Saints must be followed by a written decree, signed by Pope Francis, to authorise the Polish pontiff's canonisation and announce the date it will take place.

For healings to be officially certified as miracles, they must be instantaneous, permanent and with no scientific explanation.

John Paul II was hugely popular through his 27-year papacy, and at his funeral in 2005, crowds of mourners cried "Santo Subito!" -- which roughly translates as "Sainthood Now!"

According to reports in the daily La Stampa on Tuesday, the late pontiff could be formally canonised at the close of the "year of faith" along with one of his predecessors, John XXIII.

Nicknamed "The Good Pope", John XXIII reigned from 1958 to 1963 and made his name by calling the historic Second Vatican Council (1962-1965).

He is often compared to Pope Francis for his pastoral attitude and charisma.

In the early days of the Roman Catholic Church, martyrdom was the more usual grounds for sainthood than the performance of miracles, which in modern days are mostly posthumous.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/World/Story/A1Story20130702-434130.html

wonder what thr demigods constellation will look like.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 11:12:32 am »

Its a TWOFOR, thats right folks, 2 demigods for the price of 1... special sale on candles and statues

Two Former Popes to Be Made Saints

VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis sped two of his predecessors toward sainthood on Friday: John Paul II, who guided the Roman Catholic Church during the end of the cold war, and John XXIII, who assembled the liberalizing Second Vatican Council in the ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/06/world/europe/two-former-popes-are-accepted-for-sainthood.html
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:40 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/report-pope-oks-miracle-mother-teresas-canonization-084415600.html
12/18/15
Pope approves miracle for Mother Teresa's canoniza

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has signed off on the miracle needed to make Mother Teresa a saint, giving the tiny nun who cared for the poorest of the poor one of the Catholic Church's highest honors just two decades after her death.

The Vatican said Friday that Francis approved a decree attributing a miracle to Mother Teresa's intercession during an audience with the head of the Vatican's saint-making office on Thursday, his 79th birthday.

No date was set for the canonization, but Italian media have speculated that the ceremony will take place in the first week of September — to coincide with the anniversary of her death and during Francis' Holy Year of Mercy.

"This is fantastic news. We are very happy," said Sunita Kumar, a spokeswoman for the Missionaries of Charity in the eastern city of Kolkata (earlier called Calcutta), where Mother Teresa lived and worked.

The miracle responsible for Mother Teresa's canonization concerned the inexplicable cure of a Brazilian man suffering from a viral brain infection that resulted in multiple abscesses. By Dec. 9, 2008, he was in a coma and dying, suffering from an accumulation of fluid around the brain.

The Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk, the postulator spearheading Mother Teresa's canonization case, said in a statement Friday that some 30 minutes after the man was due to undergo surgery that never took place, he sat up, awake and without pain, and was a day later declared to be symptom-free.

The Vatican later attributed the cure to the fervent prayers to Mother Teresa's intercession by the man's wife, who precisely at the time of his scheduled surgery was at her parish church, praying alongside her pastor.

Mother Teresa, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, died on Sept. 5, 1997, aged 87. At the time, her Missionaries of Charity order had nearly 4,000 nuns and ran roughly 600 orphanages, soup kitchens, homeless shelters and clinics around the world.

Francis, whose papacy has been dedicated to ministering to the poor just as Mother Teresa did, is a known fan. During his September 2014 visit to Albania, Francis confided to his interpreter that he was not only impressed by her fortitude, but in some ways feared it.

Francis recounted that he had met Mother Teresa, an ethnic Albanian, when they attended a 1994 bishop synod at the Vatican together. At the time, he was Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio.

"Bergoglio had Mother Teresa behind him, nearby, and he heard her intervene often with great strength, without letting herself in any way be intimidated by this assembly of bishops," the Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, later recounted. "And from that he developed a great esteem for her, as a strong woman, a woman able to give courageous testimony."

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 02:11:01 am »

Pope imposes new rules for saint-making after 'abuses' of system

IMAGINE THAT, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY  Roll Eyes

Pope Francis has brought in new regulations for the Vatican's process of making saints after allegations of abuses in the system.

Two recent books claimed officials get huge payments for investigating candidates for sainthood, with little control over how they spend the money.

The new rules mean external oversight of the bank accounts concerned.

Pope Francis has made reform of the Vatican a priority of his papacy, including perceived corruption.

The new rules set out the mechanism by which donors supporting a candidate for sainthood pay for the services of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican office responsible for reviewing candidates for sainthood.

How does someone become a saint?

The rules call for an administrator to be named for each prospective saint, and they must "scrupulously respect'' the intention of each donation.

The administrator must keep a running tab on expenditures and donations, prepare an annual budget and be subject to the oversight of the local bishop or religious superior.

However, the rules do not specify how much money should be given by donors.

The costs to the Vatican of investigating candidates can be high, if lots of travel is necessary to collect testimony and conduct research about the candidate's life, including establishing whether they performed miracles.

However, recent books by Italian journalists alleged that there was no oversight over how some donations were spent and that candidates supported by wealthier donors were likely to have cases resolved more quickly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35775405
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 06:17:26 pm »

Pope Francis Bestows Sainthood on 'Righteous Gentile' Nun

A Swedish-born nun known for hiding Jews from the Nazis during the Holocaust was among two new Catholic clergy members proclaimed as saints by Pope Francis on Sunday.

Elizabeth Hesselblad—who converted from Lutheranism to Catholicism—saved the lives of 12 Jews by hiding them in a convent in Rome where she was the head of the female religious community from December 1943 until the city’s liberation in 1944. She made no attempt to convert the Jews to Christianity, instead insisting that they continue to recite their Hebrew prayers and undertake other tenets of their Jewish faith.

Hesselblad earned the title of “righteous among the nations,” given to gentiles who saved Jews during the Holocaust, from Israel’s Yad Vashem Holocaust museum. She died in 1957 of natural causes and was beatified in 2000.

During a canonization mass in St. Peter’s Square, the pope said Hesselblad and the other new saint, Stanislaus Papczynski, were both “exemplary witnesses to this mystery of resurrection,” the Associated Press reported. Hasselblad is the second Swedish saint in six centuries, after St. Bridget, who was canonized in 1391.

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/69284/pope-francis-bestows-sainthood-nun-saved-jews-holocaust/#c1voPSHx1evmOfQr.99
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 04:38:11 am »

Pope Declares Mother Teresa a Saint and Model of Mercy

Cheesy She claimed to be demon possessed http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1529093.stm

Pope Francis declared Mother Teresa a saint on Sunday, honoring the tiny nun who cared for the world's most destitute and holding her up as a model for a Catholic Church that goes to the peripheries to find poor, wounded souls.

Applause erupted in St. Peter's Square even before Francis finished pronouncing the rite of canonization at the start of Mass, evidence of the admiration Mother Teresa enjoyed from Christians and non-Christians alike.

For Francis, Mother Teresa put into action his ideal of the church as a merciful "field hospital" for the poorest of the poor, those suffering both material and spiritual poverty. By canonizing her during his Jubilee Year of Mercy, he in some ways is making her the icon of his entire pontificate.

Hundreds of Missionaries of Charity sisters in their trademark blue-trimmed saris had front-row seats at the Mass, sitting under a searing hot sun and blue skies alongside 1,500 homeless people and 13 heads of state or government, including Queen Sofia of Spain.

"Her heart, she gave it to the world," said Charlotte Samba, a 52-year-old mother of three who travelled with a church group from Gabon for the Mass. "Mercy, forgiveness, good works: It is the heart of a mother for the poor."

While big, the crowds were not as large as the 300,000 who turned out for Mother Teresa's 2003 beatification, thanks in part to security fears in the wake of Islamic extremist attacks in Europe. Those fears prompted a huge, 3,000-strong law enforcement presence to secure the area around the Vatican and close the airspace above.

Nevertheless, those on hand were jubilant to have made the journey — nuns, priests, volunteers, pilgrims and tourists clutching the coveted 100,000 tickets issued for the Mass.

One group of 40 Indian nationals traveled from Macerata, Italy to honor a woman given India's highest civilian and humanitarian awards for her work in the slums of Kolkata. Another group of 100 drove from Kosovo toting a banner that read: "Mother Teresa: Pray for Us."

While Francis is clearly keen to hold Mother Teresa up as a model for her joyful dedication to society's outcasts, he is also recognizing holiness in a nun who lived most of her adult life in spiritual agony sensing that God had abandoned her.

According to correspondence that came to light after she died in 1997, Mother Teresa experienced what the church calls a "dark night of the soul" — a period of spiritual doubt, despair and loneliness that many of the great mystics experienced. In Mother Teresa's case, it lasted for nearly 50 years — an almost unheard of trial.

For the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk, the Canadian priest who spearheaded Mother Teresa's saint-making campaign, the revelations were further confirmation of Mother Teresa's heroic saintliness. He said that by canonizing her, Francis is recognizing that Mother Teresa not only shared the material poverty of the poor but the spiritual poverty of those who feel "unloved, unwanted, uncared for."

"What she described as the greatest poverty in the world today (of feeling unloved) she herself was living in relationship with Jesus," he said in an interview on the eve of the canonization.

Francis has in many ways modeled his papacy on Mother Teresa's simple lifestyle and selfless service to the poor: He eschewed the Apostolic Palace for a hotel room, he has made welcoming migrants and the poor a hallmark and has fiercely denounced today's "throwaway" culture that discards the unborn, the sick and the elderly with ease.

In keeping with her spirit, he was treating 1,500 homeless people bussed into Rome for the Mass to a pizza lunch in the Vatican auditorium afterward.

Sunday's festivities honoring Mother Teresa weren't limited to Rome: In Kolkata, where she spent a lifetime dedicated to the poor, a special Sunday Mass was held at the order's Mother House. Volunteers and admirers converged on Mother House to watch the canonization ceremony, which was being broadcast on giant TV screens in Kolkata and elsewhere.

Sisters of Charity volunteers planned to distribute food to the poor nearby after the ceremony, and community meals were being served across Catholic parishes in India on Sunday — a symbolic reference to Mother Teresa's lifetime of service to humanity, said the Rev. Savarimuthu Sankar of the archdiocese of New Delhi.

"Let the example of Mother Teresa inspire all of us to dedicate ourselves to the welfare of mankind," said Indian President Pranab Mukherjee.

Ceremonies were also expected in Skopje, Macedonia, where Mother Teresa was born, and also in Albania and Kosovo, where people of her same ethnic Albanian background live.

Born Agnes Gonxhe Bojaxhiu on Aug. 26, 1910, Mother Teresa came to India in 1929 as a sister of the Loreto order. In 1946, she received what she described as a "call within a call" to found a new order dedicated to caring for the most unloved and unwanted, the "poorest of the poor."

In 1950 she founded the Missionaries of Charity, which went onto become a global order of nuns — identified by their trademark blue-trimmed saris — as well as priests, brothers and lay co-workers.

She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.

She died in 1997 after a lifetime spent caring for hundreds of thousands of destitute and homeless poor in Kolkata, for which she came to be called the "saint of the gutters."

St. John Paul II, her most ardent supporter, fast-tracked her for sainthood and beatified her before a crowd of 300,000 in 2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/04/world/europe/ap-eu-rel-mother-teresa.html?_r=0
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »

When the Saints Go Marching In
Nicholas T. Batzig

In light of the news about the Roman Catholic canonization of two Popes and the canonization of Mother Teresa, it is vital for Christians to understand what the Scriptures teach about sainthood. There are certain topics that I am reticent to write about—sainthood is not one of them. This is not because I believe that I’ve attained some level of holiness more than that of my brothers and sisters in Christ; nor is it because every Christmas, without fail, one of my friends jokingly prefixes the title “saint“ to my name. Rather, it is because both the Old and New Testaments unreservedly teach that all true believers are—in this life—saints. Laying hold of this truth has massive implications for our growth in grace, as well as for our personal assurance on the way to glory.

An often-overlooked aspects of the biblical teaching on sainthood is how the title is used in the Old Testament. The first occurrence is in 1 Chronicles 6:41, where we read, “Let your saints rejoice in Your goodness.” This title was also one of the Psalmists preferred ways of describing all true believers (Ps. 16:3; 30:4; 31:23; 34:9; 37:28; 85:8; 97:10; 116:15; 132:9, 16; 145:10; and 148:16). We see this from his declaration in Psalm 16:3: “As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”  During the exile, Daniel made recurrent use of this title (Daniel 7:18-27).

In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul addresses believers with this title in the introduction of the majority of his epistles (e.g. Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Jude). Believers are repeatedly referred to as saints throughout the body of many of the New Testament letters (e.g. 1 Timothy 5:10; Hebrews 6:10; 13:24; and Revelation 5:8; 8:3-4; 11:18; 13:7 and 10) without any qualification other than their having believed in Jesus as the Son of God and Savior of sinners.

In its Hebrew and Greek forms, the word translated into the English word saint is related to the transliterated words godly, holy, sanctified and set apart. So, what are we to make of the way in which the Scriptures apply this title to all believers irrespective of their progress in holiness in this life? In order to answer this, we must turn attention to what the Scripture tells us about the sanctification of Jesus.

Jesus—by His obedient life (Phil. 2:8)—merited a perfect righteousness, which, in turn, is imputed to us by faith. This is what we the Scriptures call justification. However, when we speak of sanctification(i.e. our need for personal holiness) we must distinguish between two aspects of Christ’s work. There is a process of sanctification that theologians call progressive sanctification. While this is abundantly clear in the epistles, the Apostle refers to another dimension of sanctification in 1 Corinthians 1:30: “Of Him [i.e. God the Father] you are in Christ Jesus who became for us wisdom from God and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.” This is what has sometimes been called positional sanctification.

Jesus has become our sanctification by virtue of our union with Him. In a very real sense, we can say that Jesus merited sainthood for us. His sanctification vouchsafes our sanctification. While our progressive sanctification is imperfect in this life, we are assured that God will bring it to completion because the Son of God became the perfectly sanctified One for us. Though He was always sinless, He merited a human holiness for us through His life of learning obedience to His Father’s will as the representative of His people. Through His life of obedience and suffering, He was “made perfect forever” (Hebrews 7:28) and “by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified” (Heb. 10:14). This is how Scripture can declare all believers to be saints in the here and now. What is true of Jesus is true of all those unite to Him by faith.

When believers come to understand that their sainthood is founded on the sufficiency of the work of Jesus Christ, they learn that the ups and downs in their pursuit for personal holiness does not affect this. We learn to live out what we already are.

The Apostle Paul introduced his first letter to a church full of schism, sin and selfishness by reminding the members of that local church that they were “sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints.” (1 Cor. 1:2).Before correcting anyone in the church—or calling members of the church to pursue the holiness that Christ purchased for them—the Apostle reminded them of what they already were. It is imperative that believers know their identity if they are to grow in grace.

What’s wrong with reserving the title saint for only a select few Christians? To save sainthood for those who some consider to be extraordinary believers does three things:

It subtracts from the Person and work of Jesus. It says that Jesus did not merit holiness for His people by virtue of His perfect life and atoning death.

It contradicts the God-breathed word that authoritatively declares all believers to be saints(1 Timothy 5:10; Hebrews 6:10; 13:24; and Revelation 5:8; 8:3-4; 11:18; 13:7 and 10).

It hurts the body of Christ by suggesting that some believers are superior to others in their standing before God. At best this fosters self-righteousness in the body.  At worst, it will manifest itself in division and schism—the very thing that the Apostle was battling in 1 and 2 Corinthians.

So, believer, if you are united to Jesus by faith, you not only have the right—you also have the responsibility to take the title saint and apply it to yourself. After all, the living and true God has already done so.

http://feedingonchrist.com/when-the-saints-go-marching-in/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 05:45:48 pm »

Priests, martyrs and mystic nun proclaimed new Catholic saints

Just in time for halloween

Pope Francis declared two martyrs, four priests and a mystic nun saints of the Catholic church on Sunday, saying they all had a "generous and steadfast heart".

Tapestry portraits of the seven saints, hung from the facade of St Peter's Basilica, rippled in the breeze above the main square at the Vatican where Francis led the ceremony.

Assembled pilgrims applauded as he read out the names of the new saints, defined by the church as having been so holy in life they are now in Heaven and can intercede with God to perform miracles - two of which are needed to declare sainthood.

President Mauricio Macri of the pope's native Argentina attended the ceremony, during which Francis elevated Argentine pastoral priest Jose Gabriel del Rosario Brochero.

Brochero, who rode a mule around a vast region of Cordoba province, preaching and building schools, churches and streets, "smelt of sheep", the Vatican said, referring to Francis's call for priests to behave like shepherds.

He contracted leprosy while visiting the sick, and the disease eventually killed him in 1914.

Two martyrs were also added to the Church's more than 10,000-strong roster of saints. Jose Sanchez del Rio was tortured and shot dead in 1928, at the age of 14, while opposing the anti-Catholic regime in his native Mexico.

The second, Salomone Leclerq, belonged to a religious order in France, where he was killed during the revolution in 1792.

French mystic nun Elizabeth Catez, known as Sister Elizabeth of the Trinity, died in 1906 at the age of 26 from a rare adrenal gland disorder for which there was then no cure.

Spanish bishop Manuel Gonzalez Garcia, who became known as the "Bishop of the Tabernacle" after a mystical experience in a church near Seville, was also elevated, along with Italians Father Lodovico Pavoni and Alfonso Maria Fusco, who founded religious congregations and worked with the poor in the 19th century.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/priests-martyrs-mystic-nun-proclaimed-catholic-saints-104607194.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 07:06:14 pm »

500,000 PEOPLE WATCH POPE FRANCIS CREATE TWO CHILD SAINTS WHO SPOKE WITH DEMONS IN FATIMA VISION

Hundreds of thousands of pilgrims were on hand, many of whom had spent days at Fatima in quiet prayer, reciting rosaries before a statue of the Madonna. They clapped in admiration after the pope recited the rite declaring the Martos saints.

HALF A MILLION PEOPLE ATTENDED AN OPEN-AIR MASS IN FATIMA, PORTUGAL AS POPE FRANCIS MADE TWO SHEPHERD CHILDREN WHO DIED NEARLY A CENTURY AGO SAINTS
“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.” Jeremiah 7:18 (KJV)

EDITOR’S NOTE: Clutching Babylonian rosary beads and praying to statues, the Roman Catholic faithful showed up in massive numbers to worship at the feet of Pope Francis as he declared two children who were visited by demons at Fatima in 1917 to be “saints”. During the mass, he held high an Egyptian sun disk as he prayed to his god. Everything about the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with the Bible, but with Babylonian pagan worship. If you are a Catholic, like I was for 30 years, you need to run from that Godless, pagan system that teaches you to revere and pray to pagan idols. Mary does not hear your prayer, she didn’t remain a virgin, and she doesn’t appear to anyone ever at any time. Run.

Pope Francis proclaimed Francisco and Jacinta Marto saints at the start of Mass on Saturday marking the centenary of their visions. One hundred years ago, the two children, and their cousin Lucia, said the Virgin Mary appeared to them and gave them three secrets, including the end of the Cold War and World War Two.

THIS IS WHAT IDOL WORSHIP LOOKS LIKE, NOW BOW AND KISS HIS RING:

But the children were not believed and civil authorities threatened them with death by boiling oil if they didn’t recant their story. But they held fast and eventually the church recognized the apparitions as authentic in 1930.

POPE FATIMA: HOMILY FOR CANONIZATION MASS

Pope Francis prayed at the tombs of two of the Portuguese shepherd children ahead of the Canonization Mass, which was held in the open air and attended by half a million believers.

Among those in the shrine’s vast square was Brazilian boy Lucas Baptista who in 2013 suffered severe head trauma he was not expected to survive. His medically inexplicable healing was the ‘miracle’ needed for the siblings Francisco and Jacinta Marto to be canonised.

THE FATIMA DEMON VISITATION IN PORTUGAL IN 1917:

Lucas and the pope embraced during the Mass.

‘Our Lady foretold, and warned us about, a way of life that is godless and indeed profanes God in his creatures,’ Francis said in his homily. ‘Such a life, frequently proposed and imposed, risks leading to hell.’

He urged Catholics today to use the example of the Marto siblings and draw strength from God, even when adversity strikes.

THE DEMONIC VISITATION OF FATIMA:

‘We can take as our examples Saint Francisco and Saint Jacinta, whom the Virgin Mary introduced into the immense ocean of God’s light and taught to adore him,’ he said. ‘That was the source of their strength in overcoming opposition and suffering.’

THE MARTOS ARE NOW THE YOUNGEST-EVER SAINTS WHO DIDN’T DIE AS MARTYRS.
Hundreds of thousands of pilgrims were on hand, many of whom had spent days at Fatima in quiet prayer, reciting rosaries before a statue of the Madonna. They clapped in admiration after the pope recited the rite declaring the Martos saints. source

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4 (KJV)

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/500000-people-watch-pope-francis-create-two-child-saints-spoke-demons-fatima-vision/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: