End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 11:18:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Having sleeping issues and troubles

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having sleeping issues and troubles  (Read 414 times)
William
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

I am having trouble getting to sleep at night. I have since I was like 13 or 14 years old.

If I was 21 I would drink Alcohol (just a little) to get me to sleep.

See right now my time is messed up (turned backwards), because I stay up too late. Once that happens I can't get to sleep the next night until real late.

I also have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and sleep right through alarm clocks. I sleep probably 12-14 hours when my time is really messed up.

So if I go to bed at 2:00 in the morning, I won't get up until 2-4:00 P.M. in the afternoon. That's how bad it gets.

I did purchase some "Sublingual Melatonin" a while back and have like a eight months supply to last me. I stopped taking it though because I found out our bodies already make "Melatonin". I know we will go through tribulations, but I am not sure I see this as such. Its mostly from me causing my own problems from it, or its just my body is not functioning correctly.

If I can't get good sleep each night that is less time to go witness, read my Bible, pray, etc. I am just wasting away hours doing nothing.

Its also a sin, because I am being "lazy" and "sluggard" in a sense. Even though I can't help it.

There is nothing to do around this house, and no work to be done that would tire me out. Also not much employment opportunity in my area as I have checked a lot of them out in the past.

If anyone has advice let me know. I need to get this fixed and under control.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:09:25 am »

It sounds like you have a medical problem in that you cant rest at night. I would recommend that you take sleeping tablets but i'm not a doctor and i wouldn't want to recommend something that had side effects. Could you work anywhere with no pay, i mean like as a volunteer? The reason being that if people see you working for free, they will ask you why you do that? and you can tell them that you are working for the Lord and that you love people and people will be moved by that and they might find you a paid job. Otherwise you could go to http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/ and print out Christian tracts and give them to people. The Lord will reward you for that. I mean i know you think your position is bad, but is it really? You are saved and going to Heaven and it is the Lord that you work for, not people. You could be just where God wants you to be. He could be teaching you things from here and how to trust Him for provisions. Joseph in the Bible was in prison for many years but he didn't complain and then the Lord rewarded him by promoting him to Prime Minister of Egypt. I'm not sure alcohol will help you, it is just another drug and has its own problems. You could also study the Bible really well and listen to sermons, and get knowledge, i mean some people spend there whole lives learning things. Proverbs says to get knowledge many times. There is no limit to what you could know. And if you have great knowledge people will notice and you could become famous. But if you could connect with Christians more they will help you and give you solutions. If you want more friends be friendly and the friends will come. In all read the Bible and pray to God for an answer, we all go through tough times in the valley but then God has planned for us mountain top experiences. In any case you can look forward to a great future, being patient is hard but you will be glad one day, besides this is only earth and Heaven is the real home for the Christian.
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:31:16 am »

blue light = insomnia; computer monitors
i heard benadryl can really help
any antihistamine? is that correct?

reading, soft music, limiting computer use is a big one

praying for rest?
massage could help  =(

i think fighting habit with better habit is a strong approach i have not tried
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:33:01 am by nuclearnuttery » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:14:54 am »

You say you're having a problem with sleep, but I don't see that. If there is any problems, I think it is in not understanding how God made our bodies to work. Personally, I believe that a major part of our learning is done when we sleep. the Spirit works in us and to give rest to the temporal flesh, which just can't keep up with the Spirit.

While scripture does address being slothful, I don't believe that's your situation at all.

You've been maybe too diligent in your study and that is wearing on you. Consider how a person can eat only so much before they are full, and if they try to eat even more, that's gluttony and excess. I think that applies spiritually to study. Remember that we should pray to be moderate in all things.

One can study too much, thus the Spirit needs more time to give you understanding and let the body rest from taking in all that Bread of Life. The truth wears on the corrupted flesh, it gets tired! Some people can even get sick to the stomach if they hear too much scripture. This is where I believe that in part we are to be gentle, not only with others but ourselves too.

"Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it." Proverbs 25:16 (KJB)

"[It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep." Proverbs 127:2 (KJB)

A person doesn't get tired and desire sleep just because of physical activity. Mental fatigue can be and most likely is the issue. Basically put, I believe you're experiencing exhaustion from stressing, which the world calls depression and anxiety, and all of that is mental. It's about how you're thinking and handling things you think of. A sign of a lack of peace and resolve within yourself, which you have already made known your struggling with some things.

Consider this also...

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books [there is] no end; and much study [is] a weariness of the flesh." Ecclesiastes 12:12 (KJB)

"Peace [be] to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23 (KJB)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:18:36 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
2BeNoticed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:01:47 am »

To me this sounds like sleep apnea with insomnia because of the eventual sleep lasting over 9 hours with out satisfaction of rest.

http://www.bodylogicmd.com/for-men/sleep-apnea
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:20:37 pm »

For the most part, stay away from electronic eye stimulunts like tv, and even the PC at nights.

Pretty much the only tv I watch is sports games, and the NBA playoffs is going on now, so I catch the games playing at night over the last month or so. However, I can honestly say that not only it affects my sleep at night, but it just makes it that much harder to get up in the mornings to worship. I'm not making excuses for my lack of worship in these mornings, but when I don't watch tv at night, there's a huge difference.

I just got back from my brother's house over the weekend - not only my brother doesn't have cable, but he lives in a small town where he doesn't even get all of the basic channels(so have no chance to keep up with much of anything), which is actually a good thing b/c my nights are more peaceful, and my mornings are even more peaceful.

So ultimately, even if you can't get to sleep right away at night, don't feel discouraged.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:00:13 am »

Early on God showed me a verse that has helped me to "unwind" by bedtime...

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:" Ephesians 4:26 (KJB)

I also pray for peace to the brethren...

"Peace [be] to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23 (KJB)

and...

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." Psalm 122:6 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: