End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:44:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Meekness

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meekness  (Read 1481 times)
tracihello

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:42 am »

I'm about to do a study on meekness. If anyone would like to join me, I'm doing it, here. If not, I'll probably just go ahead and post a verse, or two in this thread and just leave it for others to read or for me to come back and remind myself.

A lot of people think meekness is weakness, and I'm guessing it depends on the dictionary a person is reading....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:00:33 am by tracihello » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:10:20 am »

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:20:56 am »

... and "lowliness" is the opposite of high-mindedness... it is the opposite of pridefulness...

And "meekness" would have in it the ability to take offenses done unto you, as into taking a wrong. Though it would not do with ability to take offenses one IMAGINES is done unto one... because i a person were truly meek, the person would not imagine any offense... as a meek person is hardly offended by any REAL offenses. If a person is offended by an imaginary offense, then the person isn't meek. If a person is having a hard time getting over a REAL offense, then THAT person is having a hard time with meekness and is in a struggle to be meek...
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:21:20 am »

i had not read this but we are thinking the same tihng,

in the shout box i had written "meek shall inherit the earth"

bless the precious holy spirit he is moving today

p.s. i have a bad temper so this study would benefit me
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:32 am »

Andrew Murray has some good studies on the basic stuff like this-He wrote va whole book on humility-which i assume is as ,meakness

Chapter 3 --HUMILITY IN THE LIFE OF JESUS
"I am in the midst of you as he that serveth." Luke 22: 27.

In the Gospel of John we have the inner life of our Lord laid open to us. Jesus speaks frequently of His relation to the Father, of the motives by which He is guided, of His consciousness of the power and spirit in which He acts. Though the word humble does not occur, we shall nowhere in Scripture see so clearly wherein His humility consisted. We have already said that this grace is in truth nothing but that simple consent of the creature to let God be all, in virtue of which it surrenders itself to His working alone. In Jesus we shall see how both as the Son of God in heaven, and as man upon earth, He took the place of entire subordination, and gave God the honor and the glory which is due to Him- And what He taught so often was made true to Himself: "He that humbleth him: shall be exalted." As it is written, "He humbled Himself, therefore God highly exalted Him."

Listen to the words in which our Lord speaks of His relation to the Father, and how unceasingly He uses the words not, and nothing, of Himself. The not I, in which Paul expresses his relation to Christ, is the very spirit of what Christ says of His relation the Father.

"The Son can do nothing of Himself" (John 5: 19).

"I can of My own self do nothing; My judgment is just, because I seek not Mine own will" (John 5: 30).

"I receive not glory from men" (John 5: 41).

"I am come not to do Mine own will" (John 6:38).

"My teaching is not Mine" (John 7:16)

"I am not come of Myself" (John 7:28)

"I do nothing of Myself" (John 8:28)

"I have not come of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8: 42).

"I seek not Mine own glory" (John 8:50)

"The words that I say, I speak not from Myself" (John 14: 10).

"The word which ye hear is not Mine" (John 14: 24).

These words open to us the deepest roots of Christ's life and work. They tell us how it was that the Almighty God was able to work His mighty redemptive work through Him. They show what Christ counted the state of heart which became Him as the Son of the Father. They teach us what the essential nature and life is of that redemption which Christ accomplished and now communicates. It is this: He was nothing, that God might be all. He resigned Himself with His will and His powers entirely for the Father to work in Him. Of His own power, His own will, and His own glory, of His whole mission with all His works and His teaching,of all this He said, It is not I; I am nothing; I have given Myself to the Father to work; I am nothing, the Father is all.

This life of entire self-abnegation, of absolute submission and dependence upon the Father's will, Christ found to be one of perfect peace and joy. He lost nothing by giving all to God. God honored His trust, and did all for Him, and then exalted Him to His own right hand in glory. And because Christ had thus humbled Himself before God, and God was ever before Him, He found it possible to humble Himself before men too, and to be the Servant of all. His humility was simply the surrender of Himself to God, to allow Him to do in Him what He pleased, whatever men around might say of Him, or do to Him.

It is in this state of mind, in this spirit and disposition, that the redemption of Christ has its virtue and efficacy. It is to bring us to this disposition that we are made partakers of Christ. This is the true self-denial to which our Saviour calls us, the acknowledgment that self has nothing good in it, except as anempty vessel which God must fill, and that its claim to be or do anything may not for a moment be allowed. It is in this, above and before everything, in which the conformity to Jesus consists, the being and doing nothing of ourselves, that God may be all.

Here we have the root and nature of true humility. It is because this is not understood or sought after, that our humility is so superficial and so feeble. We must learn of Jesus, how He is meek and lowly of heart. He teaches us where true humility takes its rise and finds its strength-in the knowledge that it is God who worketh all in all, that our place is to yield to Him in perfect resignation and dependence, in full consent to be and to do nothing of ourselves. This is the life Christ came to reveal and to impart -a life to God that came through death to sin and self. If we feel that this life is too high for us and beyond our reach, it must but the more urge us to seek it in Him; it is the indwelling Christ who will live in us this life, meek and lowly. If we long for this, let us, meantime, above everything, seek the holy secret of the knowledge of the nature of God, as He every moment works all in all; the secret, of which all nature and every creature, and above all, every child of God, is to be the witness,-that it is nothing but a vessel, a channel, through which the living God can manifest the riches of His wisdom, power, and goodness. The root of all virtue and grace, of all faith and acceptable worship, is that we know that we have nothing but what we receive, and bow in deepest humility to wait upon God for it.

It was because this humility was not only a temporary sentiment, wakened up and brought into exercise when He thought of God, but the very spirit of His whole life, that Jesus was just as humble in His intercourse with men as with God. He felt Himself the Servant of God for the men whom God made and loved; as a natural consequence, He counted Himself the Servant of men, that through Him God might do His work of love. He never for a moment thought of seeking His honor, or asserting His power to vindicate Himself. His whole spirit was that of a life yielded to God to work in. It is not until Christians study the humility of Jesus as the very essence of His redemption, as the very blessedness of the life of the Son of God, as the only true relation to the Father, and therefore as that which Jesus must give us if we are to have any part with Him, that the terrible lack of actual, heavenly, manifest humility will become a burden and a sorrow, and our ordinary religion be set aside to secure this, the first and the chief of the marks of the Christ within us.

Brother, are you clothed with humility? Ask your daily life. Ask Jesus. Ask your friends. Ask the world. And begin to praise God that there is opened up to you in Jesus a heavenly humility of which you have hardly known, and through which a heavenly blessedness you possibly have never yet tasted can come in to you.

Chapter 2 Table of Contents Chapter 4
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:56 am »

i had not read this but we are thinking the same tihng,

in the shout box i had written "meek shall inherit the earth"

bless the precious holy spirit he is moving today

p.s. i have a bad temper so this study would benefit me

Thank you, nuclearnuttery, and I'm blessed to know that the same Spirit is working the same convictions in us. I love it when something that is on my heart is confirmed to be in another person's heart, as well....

Today, I'm having a struggle with meekness.... but remember that Jesus said something to the effect that is it better to take a wrong that is done unto us. A man asked him to tell his brother to not steal his inheritance. The poor guy was probably left destitute as his brother refused to give him his part of the inheritance. Yet, if Jesus expected him to accept the wrong and just go on in the suffering that was brought onto him by his own brother (in the flesh), then, I suppose....
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:01 am »

Andrew Murray has some good studies on the basic stuff like this-He wrote va whole book on humility-which i assume is as ,meakness

Chapter 3 --HUMILITY IN THE LIFE OF JESUS
"I am in the midst of you as he that serveth." Luke 22: 27.

In the Gospel of John we have the inner life of our Lord laid open to us. Jesus speaks frequently of His relation to the Father, of the motives by which He is guided, of His consciousness of the power and spirit in which He acts. Though the word humble does not occur, we shall nowhere in Scripture see so clearly wherein His humility consisted. We have already said that this grace is in truth nothing but that simple consent of the creature to let God be all, in virtue of which it surrenders itself to His working alone. In Jesus we shall see how both as the Son of God in heaven, and as man upon earth, He took the place of entire subordination, and gave God the honor and the glory which is due to Him- And what He taught so often was made true to Himself: "He that humbleth him: shall be exalted." As it is written, "He humbled Himself, therefore God highly exalted Him."

Listen to the words in which our Lord speaks of His relation to the Father, and how unceasingly He uses the words not, and nothing, of Himself. The not I, in which Paul expresses his relation to Christ, is the very spirit of what Christ says of His relation the Father.

"The Son can do nothing of Himself" (John 5: 19).

"I can of My own self do nothing; My judgment is just, because I seek not Mine own will" (John 5: 30).

"I receive not glory from men" (John 5: 41).

"I am come not to do Mine own will" (John 6:38).

"My teaching is not Mine" (John 7:16)

"I am not come of Myself" (John 7:28)

"I do nothing of Myself" (John 8:28)

"I have not come of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8: 42).

"I seek not Mine own glory" (John 8:50)

"The words that I say, I speak not from Myself" (John 14: 10).

"The word which ye hear is not Mine" (John 14: 24).

These words open to us the deepest roots of Christ's life and work. They tell us how it was that the Almighty God was able to work His mighty redemptive work through Him. They show what Christ counted the state of heart which became Him as the Son of the Father. They teach us what the essential nature and life is of that redemption which Christ accomplished and now communicates. It is this: He was nothing, that God might be all. He resigned Himself with His will and His powers entirely for the Father to work in Him. Of His own power, His own will, and His own glory, of His whole mission with all His works and His teaching,of all this He said, It is not I; I am nothing; I have given Myself to the Father to work; I am nothing, the Father is all.

This life of entire self-abnegation, of absolute submission and dependence upon the Father's will, Christ found to be one of perfect peace and joy. He lost nothing by giving all to God. God honored His trust, and did all for Him, and then exalted Him to His own right hand in glory. And because Christ had thus humbled Himself before God, and God was ever before Him, He found it possible to humble Himself before men too, and to be the Servant of all. His humility was simply the surrender of Himself to God, to allow Him to do in Him what He pleased, whatever men around might say of Him, or do to Him.

It is in this state of mind, in this spirit and disposition, that the redemption of Christ has its virtue and efficacy. It is to bring us to this disposition that we are made partakers of Christ. This is the true self-denial to which our Saviour calls us, the acknowledgment that self has nothing good in it, except as anempty vessel which God must fill, and that its claim to be or do anything may not for a moment be allowed. It is in this, above and before everything, in which the conformity to Jesus consists, the being and doing nothing of ourselves, that God may be all.

Here we have the root and nature of true humility. It is because this is not understood or sought after, that our humility is so superficial and so feeble. We must learn of Jesus, how He is meek and lowly of heart. He teaches us where true humility takes its rise and finds its strength-in the knowledge that it is God who worketh all in all, that our place is to yield to Him in perfect resignation and dependence, in full consent to be and to do nothing of ourselves. This is the life Christ came to reveal and to impart -a life to God that came through death to sin and self. If we feel that this life is too high for us and beyond our reach, it must but the more urge us to seek it in Him; it is the indwelling Christ who will live in us this life, meek and lowly. If we long for this, let us, meantime, above everything, seek the holy secret of the knowledge of the nature of God, as He every moment works all in all; the secret, of which all nature and every creature, and above all, every child of God, is to be the witness,-that it is nothing but a vessel, a channel, through which the living God can manifest the riches of His wisdom, power, and goodness. The root of all virtue and grace, of all faith and acceptable worship, is that we know that we have nothing but what we receive, and bow in deepest humility to wait upon God for it.

It was because this humility was not only a temporary sentiment, wakened up and brought into exercise when He thought of God, but the very spirit of His whole life, that Jesus was just as humble in His intercourse with men as with God. He felt Himself the Servant of God for the men whom God made and loved; as a natural consequence, He counted Himself the Servant of men, that through Him God might do His work of love. He never for a moment thought of seeking His honor, or asserting His power to vindicate Himself. His whole spirit was that of a life yielded to God to work in. It is not until Christians study the humility of Jesus as the very essence of His redemption, as the very blessedness of the life of the Son of God, as the only true relation to the Father, and therefore as that which Jesus must give us if we are to have any part with Him, that the terrible lack of actual, heavenly, manifest humility will become a burden and a sorrow, and our ordinary religion be set aside to secure this, the first and the chief of the marks of the Christ within us.

Brother, are you clothed with humility? Ask your daily life. Ask Jesus. Ask your friends. Ask the world. And begin to praise God that there is opened up to you in Jesus a heavenly humility of which you have hardly known, and through which a heavenly blessedness you possibly have never yet tasted can come in to you.

Chapter 2 Table of Contents Chapter 4

Wow. Thank you, Lisa. This is good. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

i miss mother teresa   Cry

people like that! people who are with and of the people, not a golden calf baaawing on a stage!

thank you both!!!
lovely posts to read thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »

Mother Teresa by Sandy Simpson

Mother Teresa sacrificed her life to feed the hungry and help the sick in India.  She is held up by many Christians as a shining example of what a Christian should be, and the Catholic church is in the process of making her a saint.  Many Christians never lay down their lives for the sick and hopeless the way she did.  But Mother Teresa was a heretic, did not preach the Gospel, and was universalist in her message.

Soteriology (Salvation) - Interfaithism

Indeed, in the years before she died, Mother Teresa attended several New Age conferences in which she was usually a featured speaker. In NEWS1020, "Gorbachev More Dangerous Than Ever, Part 1", and in NEWS1021, "Part 2", we covered the global conference of New Age and New World Order leaders for a week long conference in San Francisco. This conference was called in order to facilitate a smooth transition to the New World Order by the year 2000. The people attending read like a Who's Who List of key New World Order leaders. The only representative of the Roman Catholic Church was Mother Teresa. (http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/popeshiva.html)

Mother Teresa was very charitable; yet several months before she died, she made it clear that she only converted Hindus and Moslems to be better Hindus and Moslems; she sent those people to hell without Christ in the name of being charitable. (http://www.moriel.org/articles/sermons/sons_of_zadok.htm)

Soteriology (Salvation) - Universalism

Mother Theresa was on the cutting edge of this wider mercy doctrine. In a film entitled 'Mother Teresa', originally given in its world premiere at the United Nations 40th Anniversary celebration in 1985, she gave a familiar message of religious universalism: 'No colour, no religion, no nationality, should come between us.” Mother Theresa practiced today’s open Catholicism “I love all religions. ... If people become better Hindus, better Muslims, better Buddhists by our acts of love, then there is something else growing there.” She upheld that there are many ways to God': “All is God--Buddists, Hindus, Christians, etc., all have access to the same God.” (12/4/89 Time, pp. 11, 13) While we can agree to love all religions and people there is a vast difference as accepting them as valid. Mother Teresa told everyone no matter what their religion: “If in coming face to face with God we accept Him in our lives, then we are converting. We become a better Hindu, a better Muslim, a better Catholic, a better whatever we are. ... What God is in your mind you must accept” (from Mother Teresa: Her People and Her Work, by Desmond Doig, (Harper & Row, 1976), p.156)

Soteriology (Salvation) - More Than One Way

Mother Teresa of Calcutta was in a real sense one of the leaders in the cause for a dogmatic definition of Mary Co-redemptrix and Mediatrix of all graces. (http://www.moriel.org/discernment/catholicism/dogma_of_mary_co-redemptrix.htm)

Christology (Christ) - The Eucharist

It is beautiful to see the humility of Christ in his permanent state of humility in the tabernacle, where he has reduced himself to such a small particle of bread the priest can hold him in two fingers. (Mother Teresa, In The Shadow of the Heart, http://www.pawcreek.org/articles/endtimes/MarriageFromHell.htm)

Fruit Of The Spirit - Mishandling Of Finances

Mother Teresa was given, to our certain knowledge, many tens of millions of pounds. But she never built any hospitals. She claimed to have built almost 150 convents, for nuns joining her own order, in several countries. Was this where ordinary donors thought their money was going? Furthermore, she received some of this money from the Duvaliers, and from Mr Charles Keating of the notorious Lincoln Savings and Loan of California, and both these sources had acquired the money by - how shall I put it? - borrowing money from the poor and failing to give it back. (http://www.moriel.org/discernment/catholicism/why_mother_theresa_not_saint.htm)

Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:12 pm »

oops!
well most Cath higher ups = heretics but are they all aware?

i hope God forgives those who know not.
bless her service and also bless princess diana's heart for the people,

two may queens in their own ways, one a living sacrifice and one a dying one
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »

I love that mother Theresa fed the poor, unfortunately, she even rejected what little gospel she knew... and she told Buddhists to be the best Buddhists they can and Muslims to be the best Muslims they can... and she spoke of seeing deity in people....

I love that she gave up material things and chose to be among to poorest of the poor and to live as one that is the poorest of the poor... but I regretfully have to say that she rejected the gospel, out-right. I'm sorry... she humbled herself in ways I can't imagine, but she didn't humble herself to the Jesus of the gospels.
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

Shocked  Embarrassed  Cry

hope rivera was better  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:53 pm »

The gospel as i understand it....(this is real important).
When a person is born again, the Holy spirit gets to reside within. This bit of scripture is helpful to point to whether a person is indwelt by the Holy spirit or another spirit;
Galatians 5
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Now lets say a Catholic (or a Muslim or a bhudist even) were to live in the spirit-The Holy spirit would slowly cause that person to tend to the latter rather than the former state. So it would be impossible for a bhudist to remain a bhudist as bhudism doesnt involve faith in the God of Israel. Similarly a Catholic would eventually leave Catholicism because that would involve idolatry and heresy (there are lots of pages on this website about the heresy of Catholicism so i wont go into that here).
Unfortunately the Holy spirit has not helped me with my spelling-so you are going to have to turn a blind eye to that-haha

Lisax

Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/5f00.0565/5f00.0565.c.htm

heres the link for that Murray book-i would really recommend him.
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »

Shocked  Embarrassed  Cry

hope rivera was better  Shocked

I don't know who rivera is... but I do not mean to hurt anybody's feelings...
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 03:13:13 pm »

I don't know who rivera is... but I do not mean to hurt anybody's feelings...
he was the ex jesuit assassin who was poisoned after leaving/excommunication  Sad
tried to expose shadow govs etc
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »

The gospel as i understand it....(this is real important).
When a person is born again, the Holy spirit gets to reside within. This bit of scripture is helpful to point to whether a person is indwelt by the Holy spirit or another spirit;
Galatians 5
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Now lets say a Catholic (or a Muslim or a bhudist even) were to live in the spirit-The Holy spirit would slowly cause that person to tend to the latter rather than the former state. So it would be impossible for a bhudist to remain a bhudist as bhudism doesnt involve faith in the God of Israel. Similarly a Catholic would eventually leave Catholicism because that would involve idolatry and heresy (there are lots of pages on this website about the heresy of Catholicism so i wont go into that here).
Unfortunately the Holy spirit has not helped me with my spelling-so you are going to have to turn a blind eye to that-haha

Lisax

Thank you, Lisa. Those are good verses, and what you say about the Holy Spirit taking people out of false religions is true....

I just realized as I looked at the scriptures, that I know so very little about Mother Theresa to know if she kept these.... though I can think of hardly anything more physically humbling than caring for and living as the poorest of the poor.... yet, in Roman Catholicism there are all kinds of voluntary humilities... and I think there is a verse about it.... and in the Roman Catholic religion, some choose to physically flog themselves... and there are some famous Roman Catholic mystics that even licked the puss off peoples' wounds in order to inflict a physical humility on herself. The verse says something about this kind of humility coupled with worship of angels...
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »

he was the ex jesuit assassin who was poisoned after leaving/excommunication  Sad
tried to expose shadow govs etc

Oh... I should have known... I just didn't recognize the name. I know who you mean.... but he left the Roman Catholic Church and was born again.
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 03:28:07 pm »

Here it is. Its Colossians  2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

A lot of times , these two things go together. The voluntary humility can be something like a vow of poverty... and it tends to be linked with angel worship... or Maryolatry and praying to those that have passed on, which is necromancy...

Some voluntary humilities are something we see and think we ought to try to be that spiritual, but the bible says to let nobody beguile us into it...
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 03:31:18 pm »

Thank you, Lisa. Those are good verses, and what you say about the Holy Spirit taking people out of false religions is true....

I just realized as I looked at the scriptures, that I know so very little about Mother Theresa to know if she kept these.... though I can think of hardly anything more physically humbling than caring for and living as the poorest of the poor.... yet, in Roman Catholicism there are all kinds of voluntary humilities... and I think there is a verse about it.... and in the Roman Catholic religion, some choose to physically flog themselves... and there are some famous Roman Catholic mystics that even licked the puss off peoples' wounds in order to inflict a physical humility on herself. The verse says something about this kind of humility coupled with worship of angels...
ewwwwww!

thanks for the info.
i know rivera's sister (nun) flogged herself (maybe with help) nearly to DEATH.
he literally had to rescue her dying body from the convent and care for her according to the Chick production i read

this sounds almost the same as Clinton Global Initiative (luciferian front) "pledges" of works done publicly or in secret for the organization in order to earn a high place

rather store your treasure in heaven where neither thief nor decay can touch.
take it from someone who gave up the beginning of a good missionary ministry because of personal weakness, family abuse, and possibly satan.

would hate to be a tare but like you said her humble example humbled me at least.
my grandma liked diana more at the time which i didn't understand...
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »

ewwwwww!

thanks for the info.
i know rivera's sister (nun) flogged herself (maybe with help) nearly to DEATH.
he literally had to rescue her dying body from the convent and care for her according to the Chick production i read

this sounds almost the same as Clinton Global Initiative (luciferian front) "pledges" of works done publicly or in secret for the organization in order to earn a high place

rather store your treasure in heaven where neither thief nor decay can touch.
take it from someone who gave up the beginning of a good missionary ministry because of personal weakness, family abuse, and possibly satan.

would hate to be a tare but like you said her humble example humbled me at least.
my grandma liked diana more at the time which i didn't understand...

Thank you, also, for the information! I didn't know that about Rivera's sister.... and also had forgotten about the Clinton Global Initiative...

I'm thankful that you are in Christ and that by him, you have overcome so many things. It hadto be hard to turn down a ministry you liked.
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

i think our ministry was destroyed;
my grandpa had a heart attack while we were in asia, and i was on the verge of sexual sins which would not have been understood by precious asian innocent christians who had not encountered western corruptions...

we have to be so careful not to be wolves and tares; we had the blessing a of a few genuine converts while there, but something went wrong.
there was an unresolved parental sin in the family as well, which was causing distress during the ministry period.
those can be utterly destructive to the faith of the offspring; my family is a shining example of what abuse can do to the sincerest hearts.
it is a scary result with many names!

=(

America = serving two masters. I have been guilty and must even confess to continuing in some of my sins; i have not tried hard enough to please the Lord.
focusing on one or two areas of life instead of caring for the whole creature and responsibilities leads to madness just as surely as becoming demonized, and in fact,
i would love to ask, what is the difference? every other american is "bi polar" (actually poisoned by stress, sugar, lack of outlets, and tv etc) due to lifestyle.
"it has become a dwelling place of demons" indeed.

i myself have entertained them, along with my share of angels. and i don't mean in the literal sense...
but like poor cain, i have allowed my inadequacies and feelings of deprivation and loneliness destroy others.
you know the mark of cain.
thank God the Lamb who was slain from the Beginning of Creation renews us every day, and his blood paid for all sins, even hateful recurring thorns in the flesh.
i am not strong like Paul or wise like Solomon.
but in today's faster than reality world, we have to perform many many many roles and so quickly.
our time to do His work will be shortened along with the time of tribulation and we must reach out more strongly to the lost than ever before in history.

i hope i can follow my own advice.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcdJ56ycqQ&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 01:36:54 pm »

i think our ministry was destroyed;
my grandpa had a heart attack while we were in asia, and i was on the verge of sexual sins which would not have been understood by precious asian innocent christians who had not encountered western corruptions...

we have to be so careful not to be wolves and tares; we had the blessing a of a few genuine converts while there, but something went wrong.
there was an unresolved parental sin in the family as well, which was causing distress during the ministry period.
those can be utterly destructive to the faith of the offspring; my family is a shining example of what abuse can do to the sincerest hearts.
it is a scary result with many names!

=(

America = serving two masters. I have been guilty and must even confess to continuing in some of my sins; i have not tried hard enough to please the Lord.
focusing on one or two areas of life instead of caring for the whole creature and responsibilities leads to madness just as surely as becoming demonized, and in fact,
i would love to ask, what is the difference? every other american is "bi polar" (actually poisoned by stress, sugar, lack of outlets, and tv etc) due to lifestyle.
"it has become a dwelling place of demons" indeed.

i myself have entertained them, along with my share of angels. and i don't mean in the literal sense...
but like poor cain, i have allowed my inadequacies and feelings of deprivation and loneliness destroy others.
you know the mark of cain.
thank God the Lamb who was slain from the Beginning of Creation renews us every day, and his blood paid for all sins, even hateful recurring thorns in the flesh.
i am not strong like Paul or wise like Solomon.
but in today's faster than reality world, we have to perform many many many roles and so quickly.
our time to do His work will be shortened along with the time of tribulation and we must reach out more strongly to the lost than ever before in history.

i hope i can follow my own advice.

I'm sorry, but, this is why I hadn't come back to the thread. You said that, at the time, you were a Christian, but you were on the verge of committing sexual sins. This is just confusion to me. How can a Christian be on the verge of sexual sins? Why would a Christian expose anyone to Western corruptions when a Christian is a new creature? And why would a family member that is supposed to be a Christian... why would the family member abuse anybody? And we cannot blame it on being an American. When we're born again, we're a new creature... and the Holy Spirit is powerful enough even to sanctify the heart of even an American. Jesus raised people from the dead. He healed lepers. Even death could not keep Jesus... I do believe his blood is efficacious enough to cleanse even an American.

I'm sorry there was family abuse, but a born again person is not going to go out on a mission and corrupt anybody or be overly tempted to commit a sexual sin... and a born again Christian is not going to continue to commit whatever parental sins were committed on you. I'm sorry that these things happened to you, but...

You are saying things that defame the character of God by saying that the Holy Spirit would allow a Christian to sin in such destructive ways.
Report Spam   Logged
nuclearnuttery
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

no, i am saying that there are impulses in the human brain,
we ignore them or obey them, they are called temptation,
when we do not recognize or acknowledge the wrong,
then we fall from grace for a while to experience physical judgment.
if you read the bible you see that many people sin and suffer,
that i did NOT commit the sin itself,
that my grandpa had a heart attack before the temptation was acted upon,
and the ministry was saved an embarrassment.

that is what happens when you let a child who has been sexually abused try to play missionary -- God used the testimony and the bibles,
he used the fellowships and the love, but when the sin arrived we were sent home faster than a bolt of lightning.

please stop being so judgmental, it kills the spirit
Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 03:33:02 pm »

Judgmental? Do you mean I was not supposed to think or feel anything? Are we not supposed to test all things? You say something that is so profoundly disturbing, and then when someone finally admits to you how disturbing it is, you tell the person she is judgmental.

Report Spam   Logged
tracihello

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »

You said some things that were emotionally very loaded, so much so, that I sort of dreaded coming back to this thread. It hurt to hear that so many hurtful things happened to you. I thought it needed to be a prayer request because it needs prayer.... I can feel there is a lot of pain.

... but it begged too many questions about God and about a person's salvation.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: