End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:20:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Understanding Roman Catholicism

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding Roman Catholicism  (Read 4857 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2011, 06:28:31 am »

These links are no longer good. For all links go here, this one works. http://www.dividedbytruth.org/BTP/Urc/urc_main.htm

Another good read about how to understand the RCC is Understanding Roman Catholicism by Rick Jones

Here is the preface & Introduction

Preface
As a child growing up in a Roman Catholic home, I often wondered about the practices of the Catholic church. One example is "eating meat on Fridays." During my childhood years, this was a sin that would send you to hell. Then one day the church declared that it was now okay. Questions popped into my young mind like: "Did God change His mind?" "If so, why?" I asked myself, "Why was it sinful to eat meat on Fridays, but not on any other day?" I wondered, "How did God in heaven get word down to man that this practice no longer bothered Him?" I thought about the millions of people who had died and gone to hell for committing this sin, and asked myself: "Now that it's no longer a sin, will God release them from hell and bring them to heaven and apologize?"

Let me ask you... do you have questions about what your church teaches? If so, this book can help. Keep in mind, someday you will stand before God, and you won't be able to say, "See my priest... he takes care of my spiritual matters." You will give an account of your own life.

That's why this book is so important. Using plain, easy-to-understand language, it will answer those nagging questions that have bothered you for so long. With your eternal destiny at stake, nothing is more crucial.

May God richly bless you.

Introduction
In recent years, there has been a merging of Roman Catholicism with traditional Protestantism. Many on both sides now claim those in the other camp as their Christian brothers and sisters. This was unheard of several years ago, but today:

Roman Catholic clergy appear regularly on Christian television, promoting unity between Catholics and Protestants.
Christian radio stations broadcast Roman Catholic programs.
Christian bookstores carry a variety of material appealing to Roman Catholics.
Have the two sides, in fact, merged? Are they both now preaching the same message? Do both hold the same cardinal doctrines?

To discover the answer to these questions, I began an exhaustive study of the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church. Using this particular Catechism was important for two reasons:

1. This catechism is the official source for all Roman Catholic doctrine. No one can deny that it contains the actual teachings of the Roman Catholic church.

2. Published in 1994, this is the first new catechism in over 400 years. Therefore you can be assured that you are reading the current teachings of the Roman Catholic church, not what it may have taught three hundred years ago.

In this book, we will examine 37 of the most critical Roman Catholic doctrines, then let the facts speak for themselves.

You will not find personal opinions or philosophies presented here. This is strictly a declaration of true Roman Catholic doctrine and how those doctrines compare with the Bible. You must draw your own conclusions and make your own decisions.

Neither is this a book of judgment or condemnation. Its sole purpose is to help you better understand Catholic doctrine so you will be prepared when you stand before God for judgment, as we all must do after death:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Hebrews 9:27 

My heart breaks at the thought of anyone hearing Jesus proclaim the following words to them on that day:

"I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:23 

Yet the Bible reveals that the Lord will proclaim those very words to many religious people. Knowing this, it is vital that you not blindly follow anyone. Learn these Roman Catholic doctrines for yourself so you will be able to face God with confidence.

37 Roman Catholic Doctrines

1 Salvation Through The Church
2 Salvation Through Good Works
3 The Church Forgives Sins
4 The One True Church
5 Baptism Saves
6 The Pope: Vicar of Christ
7 The Pope: Infallible
8 The Sacraments Save
9 The Sin of Presumption
10 Infant Baptism
11 Degrees of Sin
12 Transubstantiation
13 Eucharist: Preserves from Sin
14 Eucharist: Helps the Dead
15 Mary Saves
16 Mary: Saved from Birth
17 Mary: Perpetual Virgin
18 Mary: Source of Holiness
19 Mary: The Intercessor
20 Mary: Recipient of Prayers
21 Mary: Queen Over All Things
22 The Mass
23 Purgatory
24 Praying to Saints
25 Praying for the Dead
26 Statues
27 Confirmation
28 Confessing Sins to a Priest
29 Indulgences
30 Interpreting God' s Word
31 Catholic Prayer
32 Penance
33 Are Catholics Christ?
34 Could 850 Million Catholics be Wrong?
35 Reconciliation
36 Celibacy
37 Last Rites
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:28:33 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:33:17 am »

Roman Catholicism, Past and Present Revelation 17:1-8

By David Cloud

A look at the history and heresies of Rome. Includes footage and photographs shot in Europe and Rome.

http://video.sa-media.com/media/21807221544/21807221544.wmv

http://video.sa-media.com/mediamp4/21807221544/21807221544.mp4

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:27:53 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:39:14 am »

the pyramid's are fascinating, never thought of it like that before, but im not seeing the demons
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:47:15 am »

Interesting that the staff in that picture doesn't have a crucifix on it. I thought all their crosses were crucifixes.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:46 am »

Interesting that the staff in that picture doesn't have a crucifix on it. I thought all their crosses were crucifixes.

at least its not that creepy bent crucifix

Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 03:22:18 am »

i saw this today my own experience sort of agrees with it.

((( CATHOLICS ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO WITNESS TO )))

HERE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS WHY I BELIEVE THIS:

1) THEY THINK THEY'RE ALREADY CHRISTIANS.

2) THEY HAVE A FORM OF GODLINESS, BUT DENY IT'S POWER.

3) THEY BELIEVE THAT HAVING THE CATHOLIC TITLE WILL SAVE THEM.

4) THEY FOLLOW THE FALSE WORLDLY jesus THAT EVERYONE LOVES.

5) THEY DON'T CARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAY'S.

6) THEY LIVE JUST LIKE THE WORLD.

7) THEY'RE NOT BORN AGAIN.

8) THEY DO EVERYTHING CONTRARY TO THE WORD OF GOD.

9) THEY CLAIM TO LOVE JESUS, BUT DENY MOST OF HIS TEACHINGS.

10) EVERY CATHOLIC I'VE KNOWN ARE SERVING SIN AND satan.

THE CATHOLIC'S WHO DO BECOMES BORN AGAIN BY SEEKING JESUS CHRIST, AND READING THE WORD OF GOD ,CAN NOW CLEARLY SEE ALL THE LIES THAT ARE BEING TAUGHT AGAINST GOD'S WORD, AND SO THEY LEAVE THAT EVIL CATHOLIC CHURCH OF satan.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:17:02 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:20:45 am »

i saw this today my own experience sort of agrees with it.

((( CATHOLICS ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO WITNESS TO )))

I disagree, i love whitnessing to Catholics, so are so blinded to the truth. And you have to know what they believe to really debate them, as they are masterful at twisting the truth,  But they do get really really angry, and will come at you. But they are just like any other lost person as they are NOT Christian, so of course they will be against you.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

I disagree, i love whitnessing to Catholics, so are so blinded to the truth. And you have to know what they believe to really debate them, as they are masterful at twisting the truth,  But they do get really really angry, and will come at you. But they are just like any other lost person as they are NOT Christian, so of course they will be against you.

Even worse, the modern-day Protestant/Baptist churches will get offended if you merely point out the heresies in the RCC, as well as persecutions that went on during the Inquisitions.

Can't tell you the number of these pastors I've crossed paths with that praised the Popes, various RCC leaders(not just in their system, but others like LA gov Bobby Jindal), etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:41:46 pm »

That's the unbelieving spirit within them, and some even are possessed, so expect when the true Word of God is spoken, they WILL act up. Darkness hates the light.

We just need to remember that we not fall into the same trap they are stuck in, which is thinking THEY can change people's hearts by them preaching to people. The unbelieving may change as a result of one's encounter with them, but it is the Holy Ghost that does the work, as God sees fit, in His time.

Quite frankly, debating them is vain, as we can't change their minds. They must want from the bottom of their heart to change and then seek Jesus. And then there is some point we reach in our judging their fruits, that we determine we are casting pearls before swine.

"Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek [it] out, yet he shall not find [it]; yea further; though a wise [man] think to know [it], yet shall he not be able to find [it]." Ecclesiastes 8:17 (KJB)

14  Settle [it] therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15  For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
Luke 21:14,15 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:41:44 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 04:18:24 am »

On the left is Pope Pius XII, being carried to his throne in the Vatican. on the right is an ancient wall painting of worship of an Egyptian king. hmmmmm.......anyone else see it?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 11:02:07 am »

On the left is Pope Pius XII, being carried to his throne in the Vatican. on the right is an ancient wall painting of worship of an Egyptian king. hmmmmm.......anyone else see it?

Matthew 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Mat 13:17  For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

http://www.chick.com/bc/2013/twintowers.asp
The ‘Twin Towers’ of the Vatican
Issue Date: November/December 2013

All false religions have to have props to focus their rituals. Roman Catholicism is no different. Their centerpiece is the wafer god, the “Eucharist.” The popes declare that ordained priests can hocus-pocus a simple wheat wafer into the actual “body, blood and divinity” of Jesus Christ. Faithful Catholics apparently just close their eyes (and suspend their reason) and “swallow” this bite of magic.

Next to the wafer is the Virgin Mary goddess. By another imposition on the gullibility of the unthinking, the humble maiden chosen by the Holy Spirit to bring Jesus’ body to birth, has been transformed into an enduring pagan goddess born without sin, excused from death, (and purgatory), and able to twist Jesus’ arm to get forgiveness for the faithful.

Legends are essential to the promotion of such deception. The dream of Don Bosco, founder of the Salesian Society, anchors one of these legends. In 1862, Bosco described “seeing” the Vatican ship of state plowing a hostile sea surrounded by attackers. The battle was not going well for the pope as he manned the helm. In fact, one pope was killed in the fray and was immediately replaced by another.

Standing on a point of land, Bosco watched the Pope’s flagship succeed in tying up between two towers standing in the ocean. Immediately the damage to the ship was healed and the attacking vessels began to disintegrate. Smaller vessels that had attempted to defend the pope’s ship, also tie up to the towers and the sea becomes calm.

Atop one of the towers stood a symbol of the Eucharist and on the other, a statue of the Virgin Mary goddess. This dream has become a pivotal story in the Vatican’s defense of the two central paganisms of Roman Catholicism.

It also illustrates a foundational truth about this prostitute “church” that exercises spiritual bondage over more than a billion deceived souls: Without the power of these two idols, Rome’s deception would be gutted.

And how astounding is that deception! With a forked tongue, Catholicism claims to be founded on the Bible, yet, their “Magisterium” has done exactly what Jesus accused the Pharisees of, that they had “made the commandment of God of none effect” with their tradition. (See Matt. 15:6.) For centuries, popes fought with sword and torch to keep the Bible away from their people. Now they have succeeded in revising the Bible to instill universal doubt in its reliability. Thus, men turn again to the priests for final authority.*

If Catholics were convinced that they had truth in their Bible, they would read it and realize that their “church” was conning them into bondage to baptized paganism and sending them over the precipice into hell.

To swallow the idea that a simple chip of wheat bread can magically become the actual body of the Son of God defies all logic and smacks of cannibalism. To claim that the humble virgin mother of Jesus can hear millions of prayers all at once from all over the globe and plead each case before the throne of God, is equally astounding. This elevation of her to goddess level elbows Jesus, the true, divine, Advocate Redeemer, aside —the ultimate of brazen blasphemy.
Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

This was an argument I just got ... a very narrow mindset, missing that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth:

"As a practicing Catholic who reads and studies the bible, I find that Jesus gave a teaching authority to the Apostles that has been handed down for over 2000 years. For centuries it was accepted as the only place to determine what was meant in scripture, until the protestant reformation when Martin Luther declared "Scripture means what the Holy Spirit tells ME it means." I have never understood how one can follow that to it's conclusion. Where in scripture does it say that each person will interpret scripture according to his or her conscience and understanding? Sounds more like the tower of Babble to me, or 40,000 different Christian denominations yelling, "No! It means this!"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:12 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25204805
Vatican rebuffs United Nations sex abuse inquiries
12/3/13

The Vatican has refused to provide information requested by the United Nations on the alleged sexual abuse of children by priests, nuns or monks.

The Vatican said the cases were the responsibility of the judicial systems of countries where abuse took place.

The UK National Secular Society accused the Vatican of hiding behind legal technicalities.

On his appointment in March, Pope Francis said dealing with sex abuse was vital for the Church's credibility.

The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child put a wide-ranging questionnaire to the Holy See - the city state's diplomatic entity - last July, asking for detailed information about the particulars of all sexual abuse cases notified to the Vatican since 1995.

The questions included whether priests, nuns and monks guilty of sexual crime were allowed to remain in contact with children, what legal action had been taken against them, whether the Church required clergy to report abuse to secular authorities and whether complainants were silenced.

In its response, the Holy See insisted that it was "separate and distinct" from the Roman Catholic Church, and that it was not its practice to disclose information about the religious discipline of clergy unless specifically requested to by the authorities in the country where they were serving.

It stressed that it had changed the criteria for choosing priests and revised Church law to ensure clergy were properly disciplined.

'Filth'

The National Secular Society criticised the Holy See's response, insisting that it operated a "firm command and control structure over the worldwide Church".

Vatican officials are due to be questioned about child abuse, among other issues, by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child in January.

After taking office, Pope Francis said the Vatican needed "to act decisively as far as cases of sexual abuse are concerned, promoting, above all, measures to protect minors, help for those who have suffered such violence in the past (and) the necessary procedures against those who are guilty".

His predecessor, Benedict XVI, had promised to rid his Church of the "filth" of clerical sex abuse.

Observers said he went further than ever before in tackling the legacy of abuse, though critics said that was not far enough, accusing him of failing to protect children from paedophile priests.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:00:30 pm »

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »

Just read b/w the lines here - this is part of the Hegelian Dialectic game the Vatican minions play in this world system - their end game is to polarize, then to get everyone on the same page via compromise...

http://oblogdeeoblogda.me/2014/04/20/ugandan-catholic-easter-message-calls-for-genocide-of-gays/
4/20/14
Ugandan Catholic Easter Message Calls for Genocide of Gays

CATHOLIC CHURCH MESSAGE IN UGANDA -  blessings to all Christians who have been working so hard to make Jinja a land free of gay persons

The Bishop of the Jinja Diocese of the Catholic Church, Bishop Rt. Rev. Fr. Charles Wamika, in today’s Easter Message  delivered at St. Chalres Lwanga Catholic Church, praised the Members of Parliament for the Anti-Homosexuality Act that provides life in prison for gay (LGBTI) people in Uganda. The Bishop called for a blessing for Uganda’s Christians who worked so hard to ‘free the land of gays.’  The Bishope also asked for parents to hand over their gay children to authorities, so they would be rewarded in heaven. I would call that a statement praising and calling for a genocide.

Since the passage of the Anti-Homosexuality Bill in Uganda, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people have gone into hiding. The law, which institutionalizes homophobia and affirms the persecution of LGBTI people, has been held in esteem, the highest reverence and praised by Christian leadership in Uganda, to the point of holding rallies to reward parliamentarians and the President, Yoweri Museveni. The Ugandan Churches and Christian community, (except for a handful, who have been banished and shamed for their compassionate and affirming stance,) have led the assault against gays.

We have challenged noteworthy Christian leaders such as Joel Osteen and others to come forward and condemn the law, and to distinguish their brands of Christianity from that been touted on the stages and streets of Uganda, yet none have done so.

Now a young man in hiding, challenges the Pope, Pope Francis, as the Catholic Church’s official stand in Uganda, on this Easter Sunday seems to send a message of extreme hate, exacerbating the terror felt by gays in hiding.

As this law in Uganda seems to copy the course of Nazi Germany, the scapegoating, and the forcing of a minority into camps and death, the Ann Franks of Uganda remain in terror, questioning whether the Pope will repeat the mistakes of the Catholic Church during the Hitler Holocaust?

From the voice of a young man “accused” of being gay who is in hiding in Uganda:

“The Bishop of Jinja Diocese – Bishop Rt. Rev. Fr. Charles Wamika, in today’s Easter Message  delivered at St. Chalres Lwanga Catholic Church, praised the Members of Parliament for taking a stand to see to it that the Anti-homosexuality bill passed into law, he went ahead and called on the faithful to vote for President Museveni in 2016 general elections for signing the bill into law.

He reminded the Christians that, it has been a law and he sent blessings to all Christians who have been working so hard to make Jinja a land free of gay persons. He said throughout human history the catholic church has fought evil and blood has been shed, he called on all the Christians to do whatever they can in their own means to clean this city.

I am surprised that a well educated bishop, well traveled and studied in different western countries uses his position to justify killing. He asked parents with gay suspected children to handle them over to authorities and their reward is in heaven. This is too much hatred.    I wonder if we will hear from the Pope on this. If not, I lose all hope.”

To my way of thinking on this Easter Sunday the Ugandan Catholic Bishop of Jinja has indeed called for the extermination of gays.  I hope Pope Francis has a great Easter while Ugandan Gays have to hear this hate sputtering from his Bishops.   I think this Bishop should be recalled and put to pasture. Perhaps a petition is called for. And what about an apology and a clear message from Pope Francis on this tragic issue.

Here is the contact information for The Bishop:

I especially urge you to contact the Bishop if you are in a leadership Church role and also if you are Catholic. Please remember to be polite and not to stoop to their level of hate. That will only make it worse for gays as you will give all LGBTI a bad rap, allowing the haters to think they have cause to slot us as the devil! End the cycle BUT do State your beliefs and displeasure in strong terms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the RCC in Uganda has praised the anti-sodomite laws there, while the RCC in America(and Canada for that matter) have all but STOOD DOWN on the legalizing of sodomy? And ultimately whatever Pope is in power just sits back and watches from both sides.

And ultimately too - this is yet another attempt for the RCC to further get Churchianity to yoke up with them(and promote their "religion" - you saw it with the "religious right" in America since 1980.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 05:30:23 pm »

You don’t. You don’t argue with them.

The 37 doctrines above is a good start to understanding where they are coming from. But I’ve run into other hindrances and an outright brick wall when trying to communicate with them.

First of all, they will quote Douay Rheims or some other “approved” version and not tell you that’s what they’re doing. This often injects bafflement and confusion into the conversation.

Another thing I’ve found is terminology redefined. Terms like salvation, faith, holiness have a different shade of meaning to the Catholic as compared to the Protestant. This, again, injects confusion into the conversation. And, I believe, this is by design.

But, the number one wall that separates Catholics from Protestants is PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.

To a Catholic, ANY interpretation of scripture whatsoever that hasn’t been approved by the RCC or their chain of command down to the local priest is, in fact, a private interpretation. Any private interpretation is instantly erroneous and heretical. This is to be brain-dumped immediately with zero consideration for that argument. If you attempt to think for yourself, without relying on a system of men, then that’s “private interpretation”.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what Protestants do. They read scripture for themselves and rely on the Holy Spirit, and NOT the church, to help them determine what it all means.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 11:16:27 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-beatify-pope-paul-vi-october-source-180816143.html
Vatican to beatify pope Paul VI in October: source
5/6/14

Vatican City (AFP) - The Vatican has recognised a supposed miracle attributed to Paul VI and will beatify the late Italian pope in October, which would leave him one step from sainthood, a Vatican source said on Tuesday.

Paul VI reigned between 1963 and 1978 and presided over key reforms from the Second Vatican Council, as well as surviving an assassination attempt at Manila airport in 1970 by a Bolivian surrealist painter.

The Italian news agency ANSA reported that the apparent miracle identified by the Vatican's Congregation for the Causes of Saints was the healing of an unborn baby from an otherwise incurable illness.

ANSA said the beatification could occur on October 19.

Two late popes, John Paul II and John XXIII, were given full sainthood in a Vatican ceremony last month.

Catholic Church procedures require one miracle attributed for beatification, which confers the status of "blessed" on the person in question, and two miracles for canonisation to join the ranks of saints.

Paul VI was praised for his efforts to seek closer ties with other Christian denominations but his 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae was controversial for spelling out a ban on all forms of artificial contraception.

The application for beatification was begun in 1993.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 11:32:19 am »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58134601-78/church-religious-catholic-lds.html.csp
Mormon, Catholic leaders in Utah laud Hobby Lobby ruling
Faith » BYU law professor predicts more suits over religious rights, including LGBT issues.

By Peggy Fletcher Stack

First Published Jun 30 2014 05:45 pm • Last Updated Jul 01 2014 07:51 am

Several Utah faiths — including Catholicism, which opposes all forms of artificial birth control, and Mormonism, which does not — hailed Monday’s Supreme Court decision in Hobby Lobby’s favor as a clear victory for religious freedom.

"In its ruling, the Supreme Court reaffirmed vital constitutional protections for our individual right to fully form our own conscience," Bishop John C. Wester, leader of the state’s 300,000 Catholics, said in a statement. "The narrow ruling recognizes that privately held companies are run by individuals with deeply held religious beliefs."

It also "reflects the reality that certain forms of so-called contraception are really abortifacients, designed not to prevent conception, but to end life," Wester said. "As such, the court’s decision respects the sanctity of an individual’s well-formed conscience by recognizing the undue burden the contraception mandate places on employers who believe in the dignity and sacredness of human life."

LDS Church spokeswoman Jessica Moody praised Monday’s ruling as "a milestone event in upholding religious freedom."

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had signed an amicus (friend-of-the-court) brief in the case, arguing that for-profit businesses have a religious right not to provide "drugs and devices believed to sometimes cause abortions."

The Utah-based LDS Church does not oppose birth control, leaving such decisions up to the couples involved. Even so, its own insurer, Deseret Mutual, which covers all church employees, does not cover any devices or medications for the purpose of family planning.

"Health insurance plans for church employees cover contraception," an LDS Church spokesman has said, "only when it is medically necessary for addressing health conditions."

While Mormon and Catholic leaders lauded Monday’s decision, others warned of possible wider impacts.

"Justice [Ruth Bader] Ginsburg’s dissent was right," said Frederick Gedicks, a law professor at LDS Church-owned Brigham Young University. "It was a decision of startling breadth."

Gedicks — speaking as an individual, not an LDS representative — previously had argued that asking for a religious exemption to Obamacare’s requirement to cover workers’ birth-control costs violates the employees’ — not the employers’ — religious rights.

With this ruling, the court has set a new precedent, the BYU lawyer said.

For more than a century, U.S. courts made distinctions between for-profit businesses owned by religious individuals and nonprofit religions or religious organizations.

"Now every time a for-profit business or owner has a religious objection to some government regulation," Gedicks said, "the courts will have to figure out whether the government interests are important enough and narrowly drawn enough to justify the burden."

The principle is clear: For-profit businesses have a presumptive right to be excused from laws and regulations that burden their religious beliefs.

The idea that the government has a ready-made means to supply contraceptives to Hobby Lobby employees "is a pipe dream," Gedicks said. "Notwithstanding the decision’s assuring language, at least in the short run, that coverage is only going to exist in the imagination of the male justices who comprised the majority."

Gedicks predicted a flood of lawsuits brought by for-profit businesses on the basis of religion, including some that do not want to serve, hire or house gays and lesbians.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 11:35:02 am »

1Corinthians 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »

http://www.chick.com/bc/2014/happy_face.asp
Catholicism’s Happy Face Masks Same Old Bondage
Issue Date: September/October 2014

Evangelicals who are enamored with the smiling face of the new Jesuit pope should perhaps take advantage of his new offer. Eager to bridge the technology gap with hip followers, Pope Francis I has decreed “time off purgatory” to anyone who follows the pope’s tweets on Twitter. Anyone who cares to notice will see that Rome’s web of spiritual bondage is still intact behind the new Vatican campaign for “unity.”

If purgatory is real, where sins are paid for by personal suffering, then Catholicism has another “christ.” The Christ of the Bible “paid it all,” leaving us to only receive the free gift of salvation. Otherwise, if eternal life depends on our paying for it by our own suffering, it is no longer free.  Catholicism’s christ is inadequate for justification by faith.

If purgatory is real, then John 3:16 is wrong, Ephesians 2:8-9 is wrong, Romans 6:23 is wrong, etc. Thus, Catholicism cannot claim to have the true gospel; it can only qualify under Paul’s definition of “another gospel.” (See Galatians 1.)

Once we lift this trap door into the dark tunnels of Roman Catholic bondage, where do we stop? If we explore the cavern of purgatory further, we find Martin Luther’s objection to the sale of “indulgences,” basically get-out-of-purgatory-free cards. Those who claim that Catholicism has changed need to know that indulgences are still available for those who climb the Sacred Steps in Rome (reportedly brought from Pilate’s house after Jesus scaled them during His trial). Or, attendance at events like World Youth Day, can also get you time off purgatory.

Connected to the dark cave of purgatory is the tunnel of “auricular” confession. Here again, the Catholic christ needs a little help. Repentance before Jesus is replaced by “priest confessors,” who somehow have the power to forgive sin provided you make a “good confession.”

This leads to a bigger cavern of priestcraft. God ripped open the temple veil giving us direct contact to God through the priesthood of Jesus thus eliminating the need for human priests. Catholicism makes the bogus claim that the pope and the hierarchy simply continues the Old Testament priesthood. Catholicism gains additional control by inserting the priests between God and the people.

Like all the other false religions, Roman Catholicism is all about bondage and control. Unscriptural infant baptism starts the process. Confirmation initiates loyalty to the church, not Jesus. Regular Mass attendance is essential to maintain favor with the wafer-god they call Jesus, without which, eternal life is in jeopardy. A marriage is void unless blessed by the “church” which includes pledging to raise children in the “church.” Celibacy of priests and nuns denies them a family, leaving them no escape from the “church.”

If a “good confession” (last rites) is not made just before death, any unforgiven sin must be paid for with torment in purgatory. However, only minor (venial) sins are “purged” there. So-called “mortal” sins consign one directly to hell.

Nowhere in this system is the poor Roman Catholic granted assurance of eternal life. Presuming so is actually a sin: the “sin of presumption.” This is definitely not the “good news” John talked about in 1 John 5:13.

Bible believers, we must speak up against the lie that this Roman Catholic cult is just another “denomination,” with a different worship style. We must help them see that they have a false gospel, a non-biblical Jesus, and “come out” of Rome’s trap (Rev. 18:4).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:57 pm »

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pope-francis-must-answer-questions-about-churchs-financial-dealings-with-hitler-2015-02-10?siteid=yhoof2
Opinion: Pope Francis must answer questions about church’s financial dealings with Hitler

Published: Feb 10, 2015 10:23 a.m. ET

A new book, ‘God’s Bankers,’ sheds light on the Vatican Bank and the Nazis

It’s time for Pope Francis to confess.

His Holiness has said he wants to bring a new era of openness and light to the Roman Catholic Church.

Good for him.

He can start by at last throwing open the Vatican’s secret records about its shady dealings with Hitler, Mussolini and their allies before, during and after World War II.

What did the Vatican know about the Holocaust and other atrocities taking place? How much did it cover up? And, most of all, how much did it profit from them?

Those issues have been given new life by the publication of Gerald Posner’s new book, “God’s Bankers: A History of Money and Power at the Vatican,” which details for the first time all that we do know about the financial shenanigans in the Holy See from that time. But it is tantalizing how much remains buried in the Vatican’s so-called “Secret Archive,” hidden from prying eyes.

These are not private or confidential Roman Catholic Church matters that have no business being aired in public. These relate directly to the church’s conduct during and after the war — as a moral authority in the world, a sovereign state, an investor and as an offshore bank.

Here are the questions that Posner’s book raises and which the pope should answer if he seriously wants to be considered “the People’s Pope.”

The scale of the Vatican’s financial entanglements raises too many questions for us to ignore.

How much money did the Vatican receive each year from Hitler in the guise of the so-called “Kirchensteuer,” or church tax, which he levied on its behalf in the Reich? (Posner finds that this tax came to $1.7 billion — in today’s money — in 1943 alone.) How far did that influence Pope Pius XII’s infamous policy of silence about the rising atrocities against Jews and others throughout occupied Europe — atrocities of which the Vatican received the first direct, eyewitness evidence as early as 1941?

How much money did the Vatican make by investing in Italian munitions manufacturers in the 1930s at the start of Mussolini’s wars of conquest and slaughter, wars that the church (initially) blessed?

Why did the Vatican choose to invest in big Italian insurance companies after Mussolini purged them of Jewish owners and board members (but not Jewish customers)? And how much did senior figures at the church know about those companies’ policy of denying life-insurance claims for Holocaust victims during the 1940s on the grounds that the families couldn’t produce a body?

How much gold looted by Nazis and fascists from occupied Europe made its way into the vaults of the Vatican Bank at the end of the war? What happened to that gold afterward? Did any of it go to South America to support the lifestyles of death-camp commanders and gas-chamber operators who had been helped to escape by the so-called “ratline” run by sympathetic priests? Were U.S. intelligence reports, which described a convoy of trucks loaded with gold arriving in St. Peter’s Square, accurate or not?

And why did the Vatican refuse to join with the Swiss banks and others in making settlements with survivors’ groups and heirs in the 1990s?

Maybe there are innocent explanations for many of these questions. But they can’t be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

The scale of the Vatican’s financial entanglements raises too many questions for us to ignore. And these involve moral imperatives. As early as March 1942, a guilt-ridden SS officer went to the Catholic bishop of Berlin and gave him the first, detailed account of systematic, industrialized death-camp operations, at Belzec. The shocked and horrified bishop sent the information to the Vatican both by diplomatic pouch and by encoded telegram. Yet the information apparently wasn’t broadcast, or shared with other countries. If not, why not?

The Vatican had a gigantic network of priests in every town across Poland, ground zero for the death squads and the Holocaust. How much was reported back and when?

The Vatican has steadfastly refused to answer those questions. I tried again last week, with both the office of the Nuncio in Washington and the media-relations department in Rome, but received no response. (If that changes, I will update this article.)

Pope Francis will be visiting America in September. The president, the media and other public figures ought to stand shoulder to shoulder with Jewish groups and insist that if he wants to be hailed for his openness and candor, he has to be open and candid first.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 01:13:08 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 09:30:40 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 01:15:35 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 06:32:33 am »

Roman Catholicism: The One True Church?

Roman Catholicism: The One True Church?
By Steve Meehan

For years, growing up as a Roman Catholic, we were taught that we were members of the one true Church. It was impressed upon us regularly by the parish priest during Mass, while giving his homily; by the nuns all throughout my Catholic parochial school years of 2nd through 7th grade; during our preparation to receive for the first time the sacraments of Penance, Communion and Confirmation; and while attending CCD classes all the way through high school (the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine is an association established at Rome in 1562 for the purpose of giving religious education, normally designed for children). It was an established fact that we understood and we never questioned the validity of it. And to be honest, it was a matter of pride, that we were privileged enough to be a member of the correct Church, while all others had belonged to something else that didn't quite measure up to the status of the Roman Catholic Church.

After all, how could it be possible that Roman Catholicism is not the One True Church? Look at what Rome has to offer: it has the priests, the nuns; the bishops; the cardinals; and of course, the Pope. They have the Sacraments; the statues; the holy water; the incense; the Stations of the Cross; the Eucharist - in which Christ physically manifests Himself into the wafer after the consecration by the priest during the Mass; the Marian apparitions - which appear mainly to Roman Catholics; and they have the Vatican - where the Vicar of Christ (Christ's representative on Earth) governs the faithful and makes infallible proclamations and doctrine. How can this not be The One True Church? No other organization on the face of the Earth comes close to offering to its flock what Rome provides for its faithful.

But, of course, to be true, one must adhere to what has been established as truth and not teach or practice what is contrary to the truth. We read in Scripture a few passages that declare what is truth and what is not. Jesus proclaimed in John 14:6:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me."

He also professed in John 8:31-32:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, 'If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free'."

It is clear then, by just these two verses, that Jesus Christ has described Himself as Truth, and that those who adhere to His Word and practice what He taught, will be living and worshipping truthfully, and that only His truth will set us free; not in anything else that detracts or subtracts from His truth. In fact, the verse is worded in a way ("you shall know the truth") that suggests that it is imperative to know His Word, to know His Truth, by studying the scriptures, in order to avoid any false doctrine being taught by some other source that may later try to establish itself as the bearer of truth but is actually offering a false truth.

Jesus also proclaimed that it is only possible to worship Him correctly in spirit and in truth:

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" John 4:23, 24

So for a person or an organization to call themselves true, they must teach his Word correctly and abide by His Word. Unless one is doing that, the above verse says, that they are not true worshippers.

Another purveyor of Truth is the Holy Spirit. Jesus promised His disciples, that when He would depart from them and return to Heaven, that He would send in His stead the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit's role in the world - and who indwells those who have accepted Christ's free gift of salvation - is to point us to Jesus Christ and not to anything or anyone else as the sole means of salvation.

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells within you, and shall be in you." John 14:17

It takes the indwelling of the Holy Spirit into the believer to be able to discern what is written in God's Word and to be able to understand and to apply His truth in our Christian walk. Without His assistance, it is too easy to be lead astray and to accept false doctrine. The Holy Spirit, after all, inspired the Jewish scribes and later the Apostles, to write the books of the Holy Bible and it takes His discernment in our lives for us to properly comprehend the Word and understand it correctly.

It also stands to reason, that if one is not aware of what is contained in the Scriptures, then they can easily accept doctrines of men that may be inspired by another source. Growing up as a Roman Catholic, I was completely ignorant of what was contained in the Bible - regarding Jesus, salvation and His gospel of grace. Like most Catholics, the Holy Bible was in the home, but just collected dust and was never read. We accepted all that was taught us by the priests, the nuns, the lay teachers in the CCD classes, and in their catechism. Whatever they told us had to be correct, as they assured us that they were the One True Church. Why would they ever steer us wrong? This was the mindset of my siblings, my parents, grandparents, and going back generations of all past family members who trusted in and were raised in the Roman Catholic system. We were ignorant of anything else but their plan of salvation.

The Roman Catholic Church tells their members that only they, through their Magisterium - the teaching authority of the Catholic Church, as exercised by the bishops or the pope - can properly interpret scripture for their faithful. So, while they say they encourage the reading of the Holy Writ, it is only by their guidance and authority can one fully understand what the verses are meant to convey. They are not open to private interpretation, and must be filtered through their teachings to understand their version of the truth.

It wasn't until my early 20s, that the Lord led me to start reading His Word. At that point of my life, I wasn't even a marginal Catholic. I stopped going to Mass, stopped going to the normally required weekly confessions to a priest, and had pretty much given up on their version of the faith. I got tired of the repetitiveness of the Mass: the rote prayers; genuflecting before the figure on the cross; the lighting of votive candles before a statue - usually of Mary; dipping my hand in the "Holy Water" and making the 'sign of the cross'; receiving the Eucharist wafer and giving my assent when the priest said "the Body of Christ" that I was consuming the physical body of Jesus; and the whole bit. It was all very ritualistic, legalistic, lacking any real passion and completely devoid of the presence of Christ.

But in reading the Word, I began to see that what God has revealed to us through the scriptures doesn't completely mirror the teachings of Rome; in fact, most of it doesn't. You would think that the One True Church would certainly follow what Christ and the Apostles taught. Why would they teach something different? If they are in fact the One True Church, wouldn't they follow and teach all that scripture reveals to us and they wouldn't deviate from the Truth? Have they got the ultimate authority to change God's Word or trump His commandments?

For instance, Exodus 20:4 - the second commandment - forbids us from worshipping graven images, and yet Rome has deleted this commandment and subdivided the last one, which tells us not to covet our neighbor's belongings. How can they delete a commandment? Christ said "If you love me, you will keep my commandments" - not delete them (John 14:15). Is it that important for Rome to disregard a commandment, so that the parishioners can dress up, light candles before, and parade behind statues or graven images, as the Bible calls them? Was the prohibition of worshipping before a graven image only meant for the Jews, but Christians are free to do so? Over and over throughout the Word, we are told that God detests that kind of activity.

Rome calls the pope the Vicar of Christ (Christ's representative on Earth) but that title is more befitting the Holy Spirit: He is the Comforter that Christ promised; He is the one who indwells each believer; and He is the one who seals us, points us to Jesus Christ, and gives us discernment in reading the Word.

Rome calls the pope the Holy Father, but Jesus used this term only once in scripture referring to God the Father as the Holy Father:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom thou has given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:14

Neither Jesus, nor the Apostles would ever use that term in addressing a man; only God the Father is the Holy Father. In fact, Christ even told His followers not to refer to any man as our father (spiritual father):

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven" - Matthew 23:9

If Christ told us not to do it, why does Rome give that title to their priests? Is this something that a One True Church should be doing - flaunting God's Word? Are they exempt from this restriction and can override Christ's teachings? It doesn't add up. If we are truly Christians, we should be following Christ's examples and His admonitions. If they are truly the One True Church, shouldn't they be abiding by His Word instead of disregarding it?

There are countless other examples of where the teachings of Rome fly in direct contrast to the teachings of Jesus and His disciples. Perhaps the biggest is the question of our salvation. Repeatedly in the gospels and in the other books of the New Testament are verses telling us that Christ's Gospel is a gospel of grace and is freely given - to all those who would accept it. It is not by works and it cannot be earned. Grace is God's unmerited favor; it is impossible to work for it, neither can one ever be good enough to attain it:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast" - Ephesians 2:8, 9

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" - Titus 3:5

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" - Romans 6:23

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shall be saved..." - Acts 16:31, 32

Why would Rome insist that we have to work along with God's grace (what they refer to as "cooperating grace") in order to be saved? The very expression of cooperating grace or cooperating with grace is a contradiction in terms. If Grace is unmerited favor and is freely given by God, how can one then co-operate or work alongside with it to receive it? Co-operating with grace would nullify grace; it wouldn't be freely received.

Their works for attaining salvation include: going to weekly Mass; partaking of the sacraments; paying a penalty or Penance for one's sins (which denies the sufficiency of Christ's death on the cross to cover all sins); and then finally spending time in a fictitious place called Purgatory, to purge away any leftover sins that Christ's blood couldn't cover, or not enough Penance was performed.

Purgatory is just another means of denying the sufficiency Christ's atonement for our sins; it is the ultimate declaration that his agonizing crucifixion on a wooden cross - the plan of salvation that was established before the foundation of the world was laid - was not enough to pay the cost of all of our sins. In other words, when Christ uttered those final words "It is finished" - signifying that He had satisfied the wrath of God against us for the sins we have committed and that all our sins were "paid in full", Rome declares that no it is not finished and the paying of penances and time spent in Purgatory is required. It is a rejection of what Christ accomplished.

Their gospel is a complete distortion of the gospel of grace, and is in fact another gospel - as the Apostle Paul warned against:

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:6-9

Why would Rome teach another gospel? They are leading their followers astray and the gospel they teach can't possibly save anyone. A gospel of works nullifies God's free gift of grace:

"And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work" Romans 11:6

"Who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" - 2 Timothy 1:9

It should be clear that a true church would never teach a false gospel. Along with the aforementioned false teachings - and there are many others - Rome has taken upon itself to invent new teachings over the centuries that neither Jesus nor the Apostles ever taught. Here is a brief list of some of their "infallible" doctrines that they have implemented:

* Prayers for the Dead and the Sign of the Cross - 300ad

* Veneration of Angels and Dead Saints - 375ad

* The Mass, as a daily celebration adopted - 394ad

* The worship of Mary, and the use of the term "Mother of God" - 431ad

* Priests begin to dress differently from the laity - 500ad

* Extreme Unction or Last Rites as a sacrament - 526ad

* Doctrine of Purgatory established (denies Christ's sufficiency) - 593ad

* Latin language used in prayer and worship in churches (not all Catholics understood Latin, rendering the words meaningless) - 600ad

* Prayers directed to Mary (even though Jesus taught to pray to the Father) - 600ad

* Title of Pope bestowed upon the Bishop of Rome - 610ad

* Kissing of the Pope's feet - 709ad

* Temporal power of the Popes - 750ad

* Worship of the Cross, Images and Relics (idolatry) - 788ad

* Holy Water instituted - 850ad

* Veneration of St. Joseph begins - 890ad

* Baptism of Bells - 965ad

* Canonization of Dead Saints (ALL Christians are saints!) - 995ad

* Fasting on Fridays and during Lent - 998ad

* The Mass is an ongoing sacrifice of Jesus and attendance mandatory - 1079ad

* Celibacy of Priesthood - 1079ad

* Praying the Rosary introduced (vain repetitions, Christ warns against) - 1090ad

* Inquisition of Heretics (Bible believing Christians who didn't bend the knee to Rome) - 1184ad

* Selling of Indulgences to lessen time spent in Purgatory (denies Christ's atonement) - 1190ad

* Transubstantiation priest can transform a wafer into Jesus Christ - 1215ad

* Confession of sin to a priest - 1215ad

* Adoration of the wafer (blasphemy, idolatry) - 1220ad

* Bible forbidden to be read or owned by laymen (Bibles deny Rome's teachings) - 1229ad

* Scapular of Mary worn frees a person from Purgatory (nonsense) - 1287ad

* Cup of Blood of Christ forbidden to be touched by laymen - 1414ad

* Doctrine of Purgatory proclaimed to be Dogma of the Faith - 1439ad

* Doctrine of 7 Sacraments affirmed (works that must be done along with grace) - 1439ad

* Ava Maria instituted (Prayer/hymn to Mary) - 1508ad

* Tradition of Rome equal with Scripture (free license for popes in declarations) - 1545ad

* Apocryphal Books added to Rome's Bible - 1546ad

* Immaculate Conception of Mary (they declare she was born without sin Romans 3:23) - 1834ad

* Papal Infallibility (pope can declare anything and their faithful must believe) - 1870ad

* Modern Science "Modernism" condemned by pope - 1907ad

* Condemnation of public schools (Rome couldn't teach kids their doctrines) - 1930ad

* "Mother of God" title to Mary reaffirmed - 1931ad

* Assumption of the Virgin Mary (Mary bodily arose to Heaven - not in Bible) - 1950ad

Along with these doctrines that Rome has established over the years for their faithful to adhere to and further one's bondage to their system, they have also leveled condemnations or "anathemas" on all bible believing Christians who would not submit to the papacy or their system. Here is a sampling of 100 or so anathemas that the papacy has declared over the years:

- If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification...let him be anathema.

- If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, let him be anathema.

- If anyone says that he will for certain, with an absolute and infallible certainty, have that great gift of perseverance even to the end, unless he shall have learned this by special revelation, let him be anathema. [1 John 5:13 tells us that we can be assured of our salvation. Either John, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit is lying to us, or Rome is]

- If anyone says that the Catholic doctrine of justification as set forth by the holy council in the present decree, derogates in some respect from the glory of God or the merits of our Lord Jesus Christ, and does not rather illustrate the truth of our faith and no less the glory of God and of Jesus Christ, let him be anathema. [The Bible declares that Rome's doctrine is in error]

- If anyone says that the sacraments of the New Law were not all instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, or that there are more or less than seven, or that any one of these seven is not truly and intrinsically a sacrament, let him be anathema. [The sacraments are works and nullify grace]

- If anyone...denies that wonderful and singular change of the whole substance of the bread into the body and the whole substance of the wine into the blood - which change the Catholic Church most aptly calls transubstantiation, let him be anathema. [Worshipping a wafer is both idolatrous and blasphemous]

Whether they realize it or not, they have not only bestowed these condemnations on all Bible believing Christians, but on Christ and His Apostles as well - including Peter, who they claim was the first pope. They would never teach the things that Rome claims nor would they have any part in their false religious system.

Is Roman Catholicism, as they contend, the One True Church? Not hardly, if they teach doctrines of men, instead of the Word of God:

"Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?" - Matthew 15:3

"Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition." - Matthew 15:6

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Matthew 15:9

"And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition" - Mark 7:9

Dear Roman Catholic, there is no way that the Church of Rome can be The One True Church. They offer a false gospel and there is no truth in it. The true Church of Christ is the body of all believers who have put their complete faith and trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross - it is not just a particular denomination or any other man made religious system. Works are not a part of His salvation; neither is paying a penance for your own sins, or going to a purging place called Purgatory, or any of the other means of attaining salvation that Rome concocts.

As a matter of fact, after a lifetime of being active in their system: being baptized as an infant; attending mandatory weekly mass (and should you miss one Sunday purposely, they claim you have committed a "mortal sin" and would go to hell if not confessed to a priest); confessed your sins to a priest and paid a penalty or Penance for those sins; receive Jesus Christ physically (instead of spiritually as the Bible attests) through their Eucharistic service; performing the other sacraments; and then ultimately, after death, spend an undetermined amount of time suffering in Purgatory to purge away any remaining sins that Christ couldn't cover because His plan of redemption obviously came up short, one can still never claim that they have any assurance of salvation. According to Rome, one commits the "sin of Presumption" if they believe they can claim to know for sure that they have secured salvation through Christ; an anathema will be directed your way if you claim that you know that you are saved. Even though the Apostle John - the one whom Christ entrusted with the care of His earthly mother to after Jesus' death on the cross - assured us regarding salvation:

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." - 1 John 5:13

All of the so-called works that the Catholic must do to try to attain salvation, only furthers one's commitment to their religion to try to appease God and ends up increasing their bondage to this false system. Their "Holy Mother Church" can only save us; the priests are needed for absolving our sins; their Mass has to be attended; the sacraments are needed; and on and on it goes. Even the erroneous doctrine of Purgatory is presented with the caveat that one's time can be lessened there by buying Mass cards, donating money to the Church, etc. It is all about their system and not Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church is not the One True Church. Their system offers really no hope. It is a counterfeit Christianity and they present a corrupted version of the truth. On the surface, they appeal to the flesh in all their displays of piety, ritualism, relics, images, incense, candles, acts of contrition, shrines usually dedicated to Mary mainly, as well as other dead saints, and for the most part, Christ is left out in all of their regalia - unless, of course, He is depicted as a baby or still hanging on the cross. All of that is a substitute for real thing but is attractive to those who have no clue as to what God's Word says about sin, atonement, salvation or a gospel of grace.

They don't waste an opportunity to diminish what Christ has performed for us on the cross, or who Christ really is. Instead of rightly pointing to the Creator for salvation, they point to the created - the priests; the popes; the statues; the wafer; Mary, or their version of Mary; the dead saints; the "Holy Mother Church" as they refer to the Catholic Church; and anything else other than Jesus Christ.

They really do teach another gospel and have another Jesus - who is received via transubstantiation, but was powerless to cover all of our sins; and another Mary (the Mary of the Bible doesn't reflect any of the attributes that Rome has ascribed to her: she wasn't sinless; didn't remain a virgin after the birth of Christ; she had other children; is not a co-redeemer or co-mediator; doesn't hear or answer prayer; etc.)

They emphatically are not the true church, despite their proclamations otherwise. One day, we will all stand before Christ at His judgment. If you die as a Roman Catholic, Rome will not be there to defend you. If they can't even be entrusted with the safeguarding of its members children (speaking of the decades, may be centuries long molestation and raping of children by their clergy, and the cover-up and relocation of these criminals to other parishes by their bishops, cardinals and popes), how can you possibly trust them with your eternal security and salvation? The bottom line is: you can't....and you must not.

Accept the One who WILL be there in front of you at His judgment. Don't be beguiled by the enemy and accept a false substitute plan of salvation. Accept His free gift of salvation, believe in Him and His Word, and His Truth will indeed set you free!

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." - Colossians 2:8

"There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" - Proverbs 14:12

http://www.raptureforums.com/FeaturedCommentary/romancatholicismtheonetruechurch.cfm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 11:09:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 03:21:13 pm »

Report Spam   Logged