End Times and Current Events
March 18, 2024, 10:51:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Understanding Roman Catholicism

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding Roman Catholicism  (Read 4845 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 05:10:32 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/why-are-catholics-unable-to-admit-that-yes-they-do-pray-to-mary/
WHY ARE CATHOLICS UNABLE TO ADMIT THAT, YES, THEY DO PRAY TO MARY?

Part of our Catholic training was learning how to pray to the Virgin Mary. Statues of Mary were everywhere you looked, we were taught about the many apparitions of Mary around the world, celebrated Mary on May Day, and give her the top spot in our thoughts and devotions. St. Mary's school and Roman Catholic Church taught us these things by order of the Vatican.

12/16/15

STATUES OF MARY WERE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOKED, WE WERE TAUGHT ABOUT THE MANY APPARITIONS OF MARY AROUND THE WORLD, CELEBRATED MARY ON MAY DAY, AND GIVE HER THE TOP SPOT IN OUR THOUGHTS AND DEVOTIONS. ST. MARY’S SCHOOL AND ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TAUGHT US THESE THINGS BY ORDER OF THE VATICAN

“Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12 (KJV)

In the interest of full disclosure, I was a Catholic for the first 30 years of my life. I was baptized as a baby, received “first holy communion”, was “confirmed”, spent 3 years as an altar boy in St. Mary’s Church in Pompton Lakes, NJ, and in total was educated in the Catholic school system for 12 long years. Part of our Catholic training was learning how to pray to the Virgin Mary. Statues of Mary were everywhere you looked, we were taught about the many apparitions of Mary around the world, celebrated Mary on May Day, and give her the top spot in our thoughts and devotions. St. Mary’s school and Roman Catholic Church taught us these things by order of the Vatican. Every other Catholic school or church I ever visited in 30 years did likewise. So with all that being said, why am I constantly hearing Catholics denying that they pray to Mary?

One reason for this, I suppose, is because prayer to anyone who is not God, who is not part of the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit is blasphemy. So Catholics are taught to play “word games”, ala Bill Clinton, and get you debating the difference between praying to someone and simply “venerating” them. But as you will see below, this is nothing more than linguistic hogwash. Catholics absolutely do pray to Mary, and worst of all, they look to her for salvation!

But we shall let the words of some of the official, Vatican-approved Catholic prayers to Mary speak for themselves. There are hundreds of Catholic prayers to Mary, I just simply did a search and picked the first 4 at random. Read and decide for yourself:

The Memorare To Mary: “REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.” source
Prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Help: “O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant me ever to be able to call upon thy powerful name, since thy name is the help of the living and the salvation of the dying. Ah, Mary most pure, Mary most sweet, grant that thy name from this day forth may be to me the very breath of life. Dear Lady, delay not to come to my assistance whenever I call upon thee; for in all the temptations that assail me, in all the necessities that befall me, I will never leave off calling upon thee, ever repeating: Mary, Mary. What comfort, what sweetness, what confidence, what tenderness fills my soul at the sound of thy name, at the very thought of thee! I give thanks to our Lord, who for my sake hath given thee a name so sweet, so lovable, so mighty. But I am not content merely to speak thy name; I would utter it for very love of thee; it is my desire that love should ever remind me to name thee, Mother of Perpetual Help.” source
Hail, Holy Queen: “Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.” source
Prayer To Our Lady, Help Of Christians: “Most Holy Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, how sweet it is to come to your feet imploring your perpetual help. If earthly mothers cease not to remember their children, how can you, the most loving of all mothers forget me? Grant then to me, I implore you,  your perpetual help in all my necessities, in every sorrow, and especially in all my temptations. I ask for your unceasing help for all who are now suffering. Help the weak, cure the sick, convert sinners. Grant through your intercessions many vocations to the religious life.  Obtain for us, O Mary, Help of Christians, that having invoked you on earth we may love and eternally thank you in heaven.” source
On January 1, 2014, during the Roman Catholic Feast of the Mother of God, Pope Francis declared the following to be true about Mary:

“THE MOTHER OF THE REDEEMER PRECEDES US CONTINUALLY AND CONFIRMS US IN THE FAITH, IN THE VOCATION AND IN THE MISSION. WITH HER EXAMPLE OF HUMILITY AND OF AVAILABILITY TO THE WILL OF GOD, SHE HELPS US TO TRANSLATE OUR FAITH IN A JOYFUL ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE GOSPEL WITHOUT FRONTIERS. IN THIS WAY OUR MISSION WILL BE FRUITFUL, BECAUSE IT IS MODELLED ON THE MATERNITY OF MARY. TO HER WE ENTRUST OUR ITINERARY OF FAITH, THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART, OUR NECESSITIES, THE NEEDS OF THE WHOLE WORLD, ESPECIALLY THE HUNGER AND THE THIRST FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE; AND WE INVOKE HER ALL TOGETHER.”

HAVE YOU EVER LOOK TO SEE THE REFERENCES TO THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN IN THE BIBLE?

So as you can clearly see, not only does the Vatican teach it’s followers to pray to Mary, they have put her in place of Jesus Christ, to provide as they say “the needs of the whole world”. They call her the “advocate”, the “redeemer”, they call her “holy”, they call her the “intercessor”, and many other titles that belong to God alone. When you read the Bible you see that Mary was “blessed among woman”, but she was not blessed above women. The Bible in no way says or implies that she was “sinless”, and in fact, she goes to the Temple to make a sin offering. Lastly, no where in the Bible does it say or imply that she can now hear prayers or answer prayers. None of that is in the Bible. But you do find this reference to the Queen of Heaven that’s pretty interesting:

“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.” Jeremiah 7:18 (KJV)

Yikes! That’s not good…

Do Catholics pray to Mary? Absolutely. They just don’t have the guts to admit they do.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 08:23:35 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 04:58:08 am »

Papal Curses Against Bible Distribution in the 16th Century

Pope Clement VIII (1592-1605) confirmed the Council of Trent’s proclamations against Bible translations (Eadie, History of the English Bible, II, p. 112). Trent’s ten rules regarding books prohibited anyone from reading the Bible without a license from the bishop or an inquisitor. Clement VIII modified this by declaring “the Holy Inquisition have taken away from Bishops and Superiors all power to grant any such licences” (Littledale, Plain Reasons, p. 91). Thus, Clement VIII went further than his predecessors, not allowing licenses to be granted for the reading of the Bible under any condition.

It is important to notify our readers of the harshness of the curses that poured from the lips of the popes toward those who opposed them. Clement VIII, for example, restored and edited the “Curse from the Roman Pontifical against Those Who Interfere with Nuns.” This curse was issued against any person that attempted to remove a nun from her unscriptural vows and from her cloister:

“But if any one shall dare to attempt such a thing, let him be accursed at home and abroad; accursed in eating and drinking; accursed in walking and sitting; accursed in his flesh and his bones; and from the sole of his foot, to the crown of his head, let him have no soundness. Come upon him the malediction which, by Moses in the law, the Lord hath laid on the sons of iniquity. Be his name blotted out from the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. His portion and inheritance be with Cain, the fratricide; with Dathan and Abiram; with Ananias and Sapphira; with Simon the sorcerer, and Judas the traitor; with those who have said to God, ‘Depart from us, we desire not the knowledge of thy ways.’ Let him perish in the day of judgment; and let everlasting fire devour him with the devil and his angels; unless he make restitution, and come to amendment. So be it! So be it!” (Blakeney, Popery in Its Social Aspect, 1854, pp. 125, 126).

These horrible curses demonstrate the presumption and pride of the papacy, which assumes to itself prerogatives belonging solely to Almighty God.

Another curse used by Catholic authorities in the 13th century included these choice excerpts:

By the authority of God Almighty, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and the undefiled Virgin Mary, mother and patroness of our Saviour, and of all celestial virtues, angels, archangels, thrones, dominions, powers, cherubims, and seraphims, and of all the holy patriarchs, prophets, and of all the apostles and evangelists, of the holy innocents… may ——————— [here was inserted the name of the victim] be damned.

We excommunicate and anathematize him; and from the threshold of the Holy Church of God Almighty we sequester him, that he may be tormented, disposed, and be delivered over with Dathan and Abiram, and with those who say unto the Lord, ‘Depart from us, for we desire none of thy ways.’ As a fire is quenched with water, so let the light of him be put out for evermore, unless it shall repent him, and make satisfaction. Amen.

May the Father, who created man, curse him! May the Son, who suffered for us, curse him! May the Holy Ghost, who suffered for us in baptism, curse him! May the Holy Cross, which Christ, for our salvation, triumphing over his enemies, ascended, curse him! May the holy and eternal Virgin Mary, mother of God, curse him! May St. Michael, the advocate of the Holy Souls, curse him! May all the angels, principalities, and powers, and all heavenly armies, curse him. …

May he be damned wherever he be, whether in the house or in the stable, the garden or the field, or the highways, or in the woods, or in the water, or in the church. May he be cursed in living and in dying!

May he be cursed in eating and drinking, in being hungry, in being thirsty, in fasting, in sleeping, in slumbering, and in sitting, in living, in working, in resting, in blood-letting!

May he be cursed in all the faculties of his body!

May he be cursed inwardly and outwardly! May he be cursed in his brains, and in his vertex, in his temples, in his eye-brows, in his cheeks, in his jaw-bones, in his nostrils, in his teeth and grinders, in his lips, in his throat, in his shoulders, in his arms, in his fingers!

May he be damned in his mouth, in his breasts, in his heart and purtenance, down to the very stomach! May he be cursed in his reins, and in his groins, in his thighs, in his genitals and in his hips, and his knees, his legs and feet, and toe-nails! May he be cursed in all his joints, and articulation of the members! From the crown of his head to the sole of his feet may there be no soundness! May the Son of the living God, with all the glory of his Majesty, curse him! And may heaven, with all the powers that move therein, rise up against him, and curse and damn him, unless he repent and make satisfaction. Amen. So be it. Be it so. Amen (Blakeney, pp. 126, 27).

Terrible curses like this were pronounced over Bible-believing Christians for centuries by the pompous pretenders headquartered at Rome.

Pope Clement VIII “sent missionaries into the valleys of Piedmont, with a view to induce the Protestants to renounce their religion. … These missionaries endeavoured to get the books of the Protestants into their power, in order to burn them; and on the owners concealing them, wrote to the duke of Savoy, who, for the heinous crime of not surrendering their Bibles, prayer books, and religious treatises, sent a number of troops to be quartered on them, which occasioned the ruin of many families. … they took away the children by open force, and if the wretched parents resisted, they were immediately murdered” (Foxe, abridged, pp. 162, 163).

The following is a description of the horrible events that followed:

“This was followed by a most cruel order, published on January 25, 1655, which decreed that every family of the reformed religion, of whatever rank, residing in Lucerne, St. Giovanni, Bibiana, Campiglione, St. Secondo, Lucernetta, La Torre, Fenile, or Bricherassio, should, within three days after the publication thereof, depart from their habitations to such places as were appointed by the duke, on pain of death and confiscation.

“This order produced the greatest distress among the unhappy objects of it, as it was enforced with the greatest severity, in the depth of a very severe winter, and the people were driven from their habitations at the time appointed, without even sufficient clothes to cover them: by which many perished in the mountains through the severity of the weather, or for want of food. Those who remained behind after the publication of the decree, were murdered by the popish inhabitants, or shot by the troops, and the most horrible barbarities were perpetrated by these ruffians, encouraged by the Roman Catholic priests and monks” (Foxe, abridged, p. 163).

During all these brutal persecutions, in which hundreds of men, women, and children were slaughtered, all of the vernacular Scripture translations and Christian books that could be found by the priests were destroyed.

The first Irish New Testament (at least in modern times) was published in 1602. The translator, Nicholas Walsh, was “barbarously murdered in his own house while engaged upon” the translation (Anderson, A Brief Sketch, p. 8). The work was completed by William Daniel or O’Donel. Most of the copies of this New Testament were “bought up, from time to time, by Romish ecclesiastics” to keep them out of circulation among the people (Anderson, p. 20). The Jesuits obtained the Irish types used for this New Testament and carried them to Doway for the publication of Irish tracts in defense of Romanism (Anderson, p. 20).

Pope Paul V (1605-1621) issued a Bull containing the following language: “We excommunicate and anathematize, in the name of Almighty God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and by the authority of his blessed Apostles, Peter and Paul, and by our own, all Wickliffites, Hussities, Lutherans, Calvinists, Hugonots, Anabaptists, and all other Heretics, by whatsoever name they are called, and of whatsoever sect they be; and also, all Schismatics, and those who withdraw themselves, or recede obstinately from the obedience of the Bishop of Rome; as also their Adherents, Receivers, Favourers, and generally any defenders of them:—TOGETHER WITH ALL, WHO, WITHOUT THE AUTHORITY OF THE APOSTOLIC SEE, SHALL KNOWINGLY READ, KEEP, OR PRINT, ANY OF THEIR BOOKS WHICH TREAT ON RELIGION, or by or for any cause whatever, publicly or privately, on any pretence or colour defend them” (Ouseley, A Short Defence of the Old Religion, 1821, p. 257).

http://www.wayoflife.org/reports/papal-curses-against-bible-distribution.html

John 5:39-47King James Version (KJV)

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »

http://www.ibtimes.com/muslim-group-buys-church-indebted-catholic-community-near-philadelphia-2433812
Muslim Group Buys Church From Indebted Catholic Community Near Philadelphia
10/19/16

A Catholic church in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was sold last week to a Muslim cultural society. The Immaculate Conception B.V.M. Catholic Church in Bristol Township, located 25 miles outside of Philadelphia, was purchased by the United American Muslim Society, based in Brooklyn, New York, for $1.775 million last Friday.

The church had been closed since the start of 2016 and the money raised from the sale will go toward paying down debts of close to $1 million, reports local news outlet LevittownNow.com. The site, which was used to host baptisms, weddings and funerals, merged with the local Queen of the Universe Parish in 2014.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 12:54:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 02:49:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 07:05:05 pm »

Vatican: Priests Have 'More Power Than God Himself'

Catholic Church declares clergy members more powerful

"Power of Consecrating: The supreme power of the priestly office is the power of consecrating. 'No act is greater,' says St. Thomas, 'than the consecration of the body of Christ.' In this essential phase of the sacred ministry, the power of the priest is not surpassed by that of the bishop, the archbishop, the cardinal or the pope. Indeed it is equal to that of Jesus Christ. For in this role the priest speaks with the voice and the authority of God Himself. When the priest pronounces the tremendous works of Consecration, he reaches up into heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the victim for the sins of man.

"It is a power greater than that of monarchs and emperors: it is greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. Indeed it is greater even than the power of the Virgin Mary. For, while the Blessed Virgin was the human agency by which Christ became incarnate a single time, the priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man – not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ the Eternal and Omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command.

"Of what sublime dignity is the office of the Christian priest who is thus privileged to act as the ambassador and the vicegerent of Christ on earth! He continues the essential ministry of Christ; he teaches the faithful with the authority of Christ, he pardons the penitent sinner with the power of Christ, he offers up again the same sacrifice of adoration and atonement which Christ offered on Calvary. No wonder that the name which spiritual writers are especially found of applying to the priest is that of 'alter Christus.' For the priest is and should be another Christ" (Faith of Millions, John O'Brien, Ph.D., LL.D., 268-269, "nihil obstat" by Rev. T. E. Dillon-Censor Librorum and "imprimatur" by John Francis Noll, D.D. -Bishop of Fort Wayne).

"The priest says: Hoc est corpus meum, he has to say it for the validity of the consecration. Meum! But it is not he who says these words; his voice indeed we hear, but he is only the instrument of the Sovereign Priest: our Lord speaks through His minister. The glory of this minister consists precisely in disappearing, in allowing Jesus to act through his personality: Sacerdos alter Christus.This Christ now offering Himself to God by the hands of the priest is the same Christ who is in heaven. Same happiness, same power, same majesty. He is performing the same acts, offering the same adorations, the same thanksgiving, the same prayers. He, the object of the beatitude of the elect, is now in the hands of the priest: Agnoscite quod agitis. But if really the priest causes our Lord to be present on the altar, if he offers Him, whilst Jesus is now in heaven, have we not to conclude that it is from the very bosom of the Father that the priest draws this divine Victim? Agnoscite quod agitis". (Our Priesthood, Rev.Joseph Bruneau, S.D.D., 149-151, "nihil obstat" by M.F. Dinneen, S.S.,D.D. -Censor deputatus, "imprimatur" by James Cardinal Gibbons -Archbishop of Baltimore, "Re-Imprimatur" by Michael J. Curley -Archbishop of Baltimore).

"The Consecration and Transubstantiation: The last time we left off, we were reflecting upon our participation in the "Communion of Saints" at mass. All who believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are united to Him and to each other. We pray that our unity may be complete. Christ holds His faithful to Himself in this world (The Church Militant). He holds to Himself the souls in purgatory (The Church Suffering) and He holds most closely and intimately those already in Heaven (The Church Triumphant). As we approach the moment when bread and wine become the Body and Blood of Christ (which is called the Consecration) the Communion of Saints is realized. Where Christ is present, there are His saints in glory, the holy souls in purgatory and all of us struggling in this world. As I have said before the mass transcends space and time. Peri Lamy, a French priest and visionary who lived up until the 1930's, would have conversations not only with our Lord and Lady, but also with saints and angels during mass. What was open to His eyes visibly is open to our eyes in faith." By Rev. Richard M. Miles, http://www.miraclerosarymission.org/mi94oct.htm

"Daniel  7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws…  7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end."

It is one of the leading doctrines of Romanism that the pope is the visible head of the universal church of Christ, invested with supreme authority over bishops and pastors in all parts of the world.

More than this, the pope has been given the very titles of Deity.

He has been styled “Lord God the Pope” (see Appendix), and has been declared infallible. He demands the homage of all men.

The same claim urged by Satan in the wilderness of temptation is still urged by him through the Church of Rome, and vast numbers are ready to yield him homage.

But those who fear and reverence God meet this heaven-daring assumption as Christ met the solicitations of the wily foe:

“Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.”

Luke 4:8. God has never given a hint in His word that He has appointed any man to be the head of the church.

The doctrine of papal supremacy is directly opposed to the teachings of the Scriptures.

The pope can have no power over Christ’s church except by usurpation.

Romanists have persisted in bringing against Protestants the charge of heresy and willful separation from the true church.

But these accusations apply rather to themselves.

They are the ones who laid down the banner of Christ and departed from “the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” Jude 3.

Satan well knew that the Holy Scriptures would enable men to discern his deceptions and withstand his power.

It was by the word that even the Saviour of the world had resisted his attacks.At every assault, Christ presented the shield of eternal truth, saying, “It is written.”

To every suggestion of the adversary, He opposed the wisdom and power of the word.

In order for Satan to maintain his sway over men, and establish the authority of the papal usurper, he must keep them in ignorance of the Scriptures.

The Bible would exalt God and place finite men in their true position; therefore its sacred truths must be concealed and suppressed.

This logic was adopted by the Roman Church.

For hundreds of years, the circulation of the Bible was prohibited.

The people were forbidden to read it or to have it in their houses, and unprincipled priests and prelates interpreted its teachings to sustain their pretensions.

Thus the pope came to be almost universally acknowledged as the vicegerent of God on earth, endowed with authority over church and state.

The detector of error having been removed, Satan worked according to his will.

The prophecy had declared that the papacy was to “think to change times and laws.” Daniel 7:25.

This work it was not slow to attempt.

To afford converts from heathenism a substitute for the worship of idols, and thus to promote their nominal acceptance of Christianity, the adoration of images and relics was gradually introduced into the Christian worship.

The decree of a general council (see Appendix) finally established this system of idolatry.

To complete the sacrilegious work, Rome presumed to expunge from the law of God the second commandment, forbidding image worship, and to divide the tenth commandment, in order to preserve the number.

http://www.neonnettle.com/sphere/574-vatican-priests-have-more-power-than-god-himself-
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2022, 10:52:24 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: