End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 04:50:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Trading Truth for Solidarity

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Truth for Solidarity  (Read 187 times)
Elijah

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:52:18 am »

This is from Berit Kjos' website:
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/pluralism.htm

Trading Truth for Solidarity - Part 1
From Pentecost to Pluralism

By Berit Kjos - May 2007

"On Pluralism Sunday [Pentecost, May 27] progressive Christian churches around the US will explore and experience other religious traditions.... We grow closer to God, grow deeper in compassion, and understand our own tradition better by honoring and exploring the world’s religions."[1]

"It’s not just tolerance, it’s to go beyond tolerance, to principle pluralism. The fundamentalists have a pessimistic view of future, and they have this perception... that there’s an unbridgeable divide between the believer and the unbeliever.... We don’t believe that."[2] Richard Cizik, National Association of Evangelicals

"This is the New Spirituality’s false gospel of Oneness: 'We are all one. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way."[3] Tamara Hartzell, In the Name of Purpose - Sacrificing Truth on the Altar of Unity
It's no secret that the today's world system is driven by a vision of global solidarity and spiritual pluralism. We don't know God's precise schedule, but He warned us long ago to prepare for a time of "falling away," when people with "itching ears" would trade truth for myth and reject the "sound doctrine" needed to guard against deception.[4]  Do those signs describe our times?

Exposing the dark forces behind this spiritual revolution, Tamara Hartzell quotes occultist Alice Bailey, whose main source of "insight" was her spirit guide, Djwhal Khul:

“The day is dawning when all religions will be regarded as emanating from one great spiritual source; all will be seen as unitedly providing the one root out of which the universal world religion will inevitably emerge. Then there will be neither Christian nor heathen, neither Jew nor Gentile, but simply one great body of believers, gathered out of all the current religions. They will accept the same truths, not as theological concepts but as essential to spiritual living…. Such a world religion is no idle dream but something which is definitely forming today.”[5]

That prediction was dictated by Bailey's demonic mentor in 1947, before the telltale signs of social transformation were noticeable. But the next three decades brought radical changes. Humanistic psychology, multicultural education, the dialectic process, and countless other transformational schemes had been sown and began to bear fruit through institutions and "educational laboratories" across America. Together with data tracking technology, they evolved into increasingly sophisticated programs for manipulating minds, changing values, and undermining Biblical truth. [See Brainwashing in America]

Seminaries along with universities embraced the new way of thinking, and soon the revolution swept through churches as well. Postmodernism rejected the truth and values that had shaped America -- and pluralism is replacing them. The unthinkable is becoming the norm!
Hostility toward unbending Biblical Christianity is rising fast, exposing today's double-minded guides who bend the truth to please people and broaden their influence. Ponder these statements by three trusted models of Christian leadership. Are they teaching God's Truth -- or promoting a more popular postmodern distortion?

1. Billy Graham made this statement during a 1997 interview with Robert Schuller:
"I think everybody that loves Christ, or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ. ...He's calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have, and they turn to the only light that they have, and I think that they are saved, and that they're going to be with us in heaven."[6]

"I used to believe that pagans in far countries were lost if they did not have the gospel of Christ preached to them.... I no longer believe that." ("I can't play God anymore," McCall's, January 1978)

But God said, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel" (Mark 16:15). Faith must be grounded in Truth -- the reality of the crucified and risen Jesus. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:10-12)
2. "America's pastor"    Rick Warren gives a similar twist to the uncompromising Scriptures. Dismissing the Biblical "foundation" for our relationship with Jesus, he cheered his UN audience and CNN listeners with these false assurances:
"You may be Catholic or Protestant or Buddhist or Baptist or Muslim or Mormon or Jewish or Jain, or you have no religion at all. I’m not interested in your religious background. Because God did not create the universe for us to have religion. He came for us to have a relationship with him.”[7]

“I have known many people who believe in the Messiah of Jesus, regardless of what religion they are, because they believe in him. It’s about a relationship, not a religion."[8]

3. President George W. Bush fits right in. He, too, has made countless head-scratching comments that turn God's Truth into pluralist proclamations. Do you wonder, as I do, if he really believes what he says? Or is he just trying to please his Christian constituents without offending others?
"In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. 'I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty,' Bush said."[9]

"The same Creator who names the stars also knows the names of the seven souls we mourn today," Bush added. "The crew of the shuttle Columbia did not return safely to Earth; yet we can pray that all are safely home."[10]
"Americans of many faiths and traditions share a common belief that God [which God?] hears the prayers of His children and shows grace to those who seek Him. ... There is a power in these prayers [to diverse gods].... I ask the citizens of our Nation to give thanks, each according to his or her own faith, for the freedoms and blessings we have received and for God's continued guidance, comfort, and protection."[11]

Has he forgotten that Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6)?

Diana Eck, founder of Pluralism Project at Harvard, is not a "trusted model" of Christianity. Yet, in her promotion of Pluralism Sunday, she echoes the above sentiments:
"I have found my own faith not threatened, but broadened and deepened by the study of Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, and Sikh traditions of faith. And I have found that only as a Christian pluralist could I be faithful to the mystery and the presence of the one I call God.... We believe that God is no way constricted or limited by the traditions, doctrines, dogma, or texts of any one religious tradition.... Through it all, we are connected to the same infinite Source and we are all unified by the same all-inclusive Spirit. For us, Pentecost Sunday will be Pluralism Sunday."[12]
Those misleading statements remind me of a sobering Old Testament warning that we would be wise to heed:

"...you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from their hand. Yet you have forsaken Me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more. Go and cry out to the gods which you have chosen; let them deliver you in your time of distress."  Judges 10:12-14

Reinventing Pentecost

Like Diana Eck, the Interfaith Center at the Presidio promotes the new version of Pentecost: "On Pentecost Sunday, May 27, 2007, Christian churches across the United States and beyond will dedicate their worship to a celebration of our interfaith world."[13]

This interfaith feast is sponsored by Center for Progressive Christianity (CPC). It doesn't claim to be Biblical, but it does present itself as a more accommodating version of Christianity. And it gives us another sobering glimpse of the direction the world is headed. Remember, what seems absurd today may seem "normal" tomorrow.  What has been "right" to Christians may soon be reviled -- even in churches: 

"On Pluralism Sunday progressive Christian churches around the US will explore and experience other religious traditions.... Participating congregations will benefit by being included in national and regional publicity.... creating a special 'evangelism' opportunity to reach out to people who seek open-minded, open-hearted churches....

"We don’t claim that our religion is superior to all others.... Pluralism Sunday spreads good news: there is a way to be Christian without making this prideful claim, which has been the cause of so much inter-religious division and misunderstanding.

"Acts chapter 2 in the Bible recounts the powerful legend of Pentecost. When Jesus’ disciples gathered in Jerusalem, the 'curse of Babel' was reversed, and suddenly people who spoke different languages could understand each other."[1]

God had good reasons for disrupting the Babel building project. He saw the arrogance of ambitious visionaries who sought to control the world through human unity and ingenuity. Now, with UN treaties and global technology, mankind is establishing a far more sophisticated monument to human strength and solidarity. And God, who is "slow to anger," will not be patient with us forever.

The actual Pentecost was no "legend." An historical event, its wonders were documented by eyewitnesses and ancient historians. On that momentous day, God sent His Holy Spirit to equip His true Church with the life, strength, wisdom and love needed to serve Him anywhere in the world. But only those who believed in Jesus Christ received His Spirit -- the miraculous gift that would transform poor, uneducated fishermen into faithful preachers with the courage to face torture and death in the name of Jesus.

"When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they [disciples and other believers] were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance....

"Then they ["the multitudes"] were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, 'Look, are not all these who speak 'Galileans? 'And how is it that we hear, each in our own 'language in which we were born? Parthians and Medes... visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.'” Acts 2:1-13

Peter, the humbled disciple who had thrice denied Jesus, stood up to explain. Knowing the joy of divine forgiveness, he shared the good news of Christ's victory through His death, burial, and resurrection. The people were amazed.

"What shall we do?” they asked.

"Repent," answered Peter, "and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.... Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them." Acts 2:38-41

The "enemy" to man's global vision

"...no one religion rightly can claim superiority over all others," says Rev. Jim Burklo, the Presbyterian coordinator of Pluralism Sunday. "More and more people have been exposed to the insight and wisdom in spiritual traditions other than their own. Many folks see the damage that religious chauvinism is doing in the world today, and have turned away from Christianity."[13]

Do those words sound familiar? It might, if you have read our article on Al Gore's "panreligious perspective." Compare Rev. Burklo's views with Mr. Gore's statement Earth in the Balance. Notice his attitude toward those who refuse to compromise their faith:

"The richness and diversity of our religious tradition throughout history is a spiritual resource long ignored by people of faith, who are often afraid to open their minds to teachings first offered outside their own system of belief. But the emergence of a civilization in which knowledge moves freely and almost instantaneously throughout the world has... spurred a renewed investigation of the wisdom distilled by all faiths...."[14]

Postmodern pluralism sounds tempting to the world. Few mention the devastating consequences: spiritual blindness, moral corruption, cultural decay, bondage to lust and cravings, an epidemic of depression and hopelessness, and a growing hatred for uncompromising Christians.

While the Bible warned us it would happen, it also offers wonderful hope:

"...in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!  ...all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned..." 2 Timothy 3:1-14

"If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

Trading Truth for Solidarity - Part 2
Training Teens to Twist the Truth

By Berit Kjos - June 2007

"You can only have a new society... if you change the education of the younger generation...."[1]  Marilyn Ferguson, The Aquarian Conspiracy 

"Fundamentalism is a worldwide threat.... So how do we counter it? The key is to change the view that salvation depends on playing by certain religious rules: everyone is saved."[2] World Economic Forum, 1999
“Instead of destroying and ridiculing the native names of the Creator God [of other religions], we... should introduce Jesus as the Son of their creator God.”[3] Perpetuated in Righteousness, promoted by YWAM [Youth With a Mission].

"I am a youth leader at our church.... The church staff would have the youth ministry turned into a smorgasbord of entertaining activities designed to retain current students and attract new ones.  It needs to be 'fun' and 'exciting' and you need to shorten the message time. Doctrine doesn't fit. Scriptures like Acts 2:42 don't matter."[4] A concerned Christian

"Last year I was asked to teach the high school Sunday school class for four weeks," wrote Dan Titus, a visitor to our website. "At the end of each lesson the students broke up into discussion groups. I presented the questions for them to discuss. One group decided they would rather discuss the latest R-rated movie. The discussion leader had no problem with them changing the discussion. Another group looked at the questions on I Thessalonians and said, 'We don’t need to discuss this.'  It dealt with persecution, but the group had no interest in the Bible."
Unusual? Not according to the Barna Group:

"Our continuing research among teenagers and adolescents shows that the trend away from adopting biblical theology in favor of syncretic, culture-based theology is advancing at full gallop."[5]
This gallop toward all-pervasive pluralism shouldn't surprise us. Taught to stress tolerance more than truth, few dare criticize even blatant compromise. Sensuality, immodesty, insolence, mysticism... anything goes, if it can draw a crowd and teach new values. 

"Our church announced 'that the youth would be going on a retreat,' a troubled parent told us. It promised "Twenty-four hours spent living, learning and serving in the inner city: Issues of poverty, justice and homelessness will be explored through various debriefing and service components. Students will be challenged to realign their perspectives, passions and pursuits with those of Christ."

"The buzz word 'debriefing' sounds suspicious to me," the mother added. "So does 'realign their perspectives -- as if Christianity has not been effective enough in the past so we have to 're-imagine' and 'rethink' God's Word in light of the world." She continued,
"My daughter struggles with obedience to parents, submitting to authority, and loving the elderly. It seems to me that the youth group should encourage growth in those areas....

"We left another Baptist church about 4 years ago because of the youth pastor's successful start of an emerging church, which included lecto divina techniques, visualization in the sanctuary, contemplative prayer and various other new age influences. All this while our youth room set up prayer stations, icons, candles and promoted on-line labyrinth prayers. It seems like our children are being used as lab rats for someone's idea of a cool way to feel spiritual, experience new environments, and check off that 'service project' box."[6]

Experimental spirituality

Lab rats? As church leaders experiment with different tactics for social change, our children are immersed in transformational experiences -- not unlike what the World Economic Forum prescribed in 1999: "'Religion should become experimental - it should become experiential,' said Professor K.L. Seshagiri Rao, Chief Editor of the Encyclopedia of Hinduism.... Addressing the topic, "Religion as a Global Phenomenon for the New Millennium," he called for an end to divisive dogma and a reawakening of inclusive spirituality."[7]

Those two points -- ending "divisive dogma" and promoting "inclusive spirituality" -- highlight two goals of postmodern visionaries, whether UN elitists, corporate human resource managers, or youth ministers in emergent churches. They know that dogma (used as a derogatory reference to God's unchanging guidelines) blocks their planned transformation, while spiritual diversity fuels it. And they know how to use group dialogue and "tolerance" to silence traditional voices.

Their "progress" leave Christian parents and God's true gospel behind. The article "Teens Change Their Tune Regarding Self and Church" gives us a glimpse into the problem:
"...sensitivity to faith matters has not resulted in a boom in Christian conversions.... Teens do not go to youth groups for music and games, and they will not attend 'adult church' for music and preaching. They demand transcendent adventures and supportive relationships. They need an outlet for their desire to have a positive affect on the world...."[8]
Transcendent adventure? Today's revival in medieval mysticism and "Christian" fantasy games fits right in. A "positive effect" on the world? This craving for politically correct "goodness" is served by countless programs that offer facilitated "community service" along with the sensitivity or "diversity training" needed to create solidarity. Forget traditional values and family unity. They clash with this social revolution!

But the new "barbarians" fit well.  As Pastor Erwin McManus explains in his popular book, Barbarian Way,
"Their lack of respect for tradition or ritual makes them seem uncivilized to those who love religion. When asked if they are Christians, their answer might surprisingly be no, they are passionate followers of Jesus Christ. They see Christianity as a world religion, in many ways no different from any other religious system. Whether Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, or Christianity, they're not about religion; they’re about advancing the revolution Jesus started two thousand years ago. This is the simplicity of the barbarian way."

"...we have lost the passion and power of that raw, untamed, and primal faith."

"Jesus understood His purpose was to save us not from pain and suffering, but from meaninglessness." [See His actual purpose]

"At Mosaic... we don’t describe ourselves as a modern church or a postmodern church, a contemporary church or an emerging church. The only description I use is that we’re an experimental church. We volunteered to be God’s R&D [Research & Development] Department."[9]
Few "Christian" activities are more barbarian than Bible Fight, The Video Game. Chris Rosebrough first heard about it from youth ministers who described it as "awesome" and “most fun." His article shows the other side:
"There was no outrage over the game.... no shame expressed over enjoying a game that blasphemes our Lord. Instead, there was gleeful excitement... and enthusiasm for blogging about it and sharing it with the friends in their online communities....

"In the game you can pick different Bible ‘characters’ to fight each other.... The characters include Moses, Noah, Eve, Mary, Satan and Jesus. Each character has 'special' moves and powers. For instance Noah can call forth a stampede of ark animals, Eve (who is wearing only fig leaves) can whap her adversaries with a snake, Moses can rain down a plague of frogs while Jesus can clobber his opponents with a cross.... This is the type of mockery that we'd expect from the world and unbelievers. But what does it say about the state of the church when Christians, rather than being outraged, are proud to express their approval of a game like this?"[10]

We do well to remember God's warning:

"...the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth.... Professing to be wise, they became fools. ...God gave them over to a debased mind... being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness... disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them." Romans 1:18-32
Blending sensuality with spirituality
Teen Mania, Battle Cry, Acquire the Fire.... This popular trio of "Christian" teen programs promises thrills, relevance, and relationships. But plenty of parents are confused and concerned. What kinds of thrills? they wonder. Will those events deepen their love for God -- or for popular culture?

The article "Re-Branding Christianity" by Discernment Ministry starts with this glimpse of a Teen Mania [Acquire the Fire] conference. Notice how sensuality and spirituality merge as in the pagan rituals of ancient Rome:

"This is how you enlist in the Army of God: First come the fireworks and the prayers, and then 4,000 kids scream, 'We won't be silent anymore!'... The lights in the Cleveland arena fade to blue, and a man on the stage whispers to them about sin and love and the Father-God. They rise.... the twenty-one-year-old MC... summons the followers to show off their best dance moves for God. 'Gimme what you got!' she shouts. They dance -- hip-hop, tap, toe and pelvic thrusting. Then they're ready. They're about to accept 'the mark of a warrior,' explains Ron Luce, commander in chief of BattleCry..."[11]

A discerning parent asked us to watch an online promo calling teens to "get re-ignited at the Acquire the Fire [ATF]: Branded by God" tour. Its transcribed words (excerpts below) are punctuated with the beat of contemporary rock and short film clips of gross behavior and barbarian-style eating:
"Where did you get your flava’? Are you submerged in pop culture? Get the answers while you discover God surrounded by thousands of fellow soldiers. Be trained to acquire the mark of a true warrior."

"Sometimes I feel God. Sometimes I don’t feel anything, but I’m still devoted to Him."

"Then… get your fist in the air and your feet off the floor for music from Flyleaf, Cutless, BarlowGirl...."

"There’s my dreams, my reality, and it stars my friends: The Jock, The Comedian, The loyal friend ["Do you really want to know what happened last night?"].... Uhhh, they’re just Freaks! ... Some are ones you’d like to avoid." [The corresponding three-word outburst sounds like a phrase starting with the "F" word and followed by "the Kracken," a demonic creature.].[12]

"...multi-media tools...  include podcasts and a DVD packed with exclusive messages and insight from Ron... Jeremy Camp, Skillet and Superchick..."[13]

Never heard of Superchick? Her website tells us that "What started as a vision for a one-girl revolution has multiplied into an army of nonconformists who believe in themselves and their ability to affect change...." Where does God fit into that picture?

Meanwhile Promise Keepers "are launching a rite-of-passage offshoot for teenage boys:"
"Hoping to capture what organizers fear could be a lost generation of evangelical Christians, 'Passage' uses Christian rock bands, hip-hop artists, extreme sports exhibitions.... Randy Phillips... says a youth revival is possible if the Christian message is repackaged in a more relevant form.... '[T]hey are rejecting the current expression of the church....'"[14]
Are they "ashamed of the Gospel"? [Romans 1:16] Have the leaders forgotten His warnings about those who "pervert the gospel of Christ?" Is contextualization (adapting the message to the cultural context) replacing Biblical teaching? [See changing His Word]

"I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." Galatians 1:6-10

Global Spirituality
In his article "Golden Calf Evangelism," Mike Oppenheimer reminds us of an Old Testament illustration. God had called Moses up onto Mt. Zion to receive His commandments. Meanwhile, the waiting Israelites grew impatient. To please them Aaron gathered their jewelry and forged the gold into the shape of a calf -- an imitation of an Egyptian god. Then they celebrated with "worship" and debauchery.

God was not pleased!  “Go," He told Moses. "They have made themselves a molded calf, and worshiped it and sacrificed to it, and said, ‘This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!’ (Ex 32:Cool

Oppenheimer, the administrator of Let Us Reason Ministries, then gives us a timely illustration of such paganization of truth:

"I recently heard a series of programs with Daniel Kikawa being interviewed by Danny Lehmann director of YWAM (who is on YWAM's governing board) on the local Christian radio station. What I heard was extremely disturbing, problematic and some of it was rank heresy. The message was clear -- tell people they can keep their god's name, in their culture and add Jesus into the equation....

"Daniel Kikawa... has written a book called Perpetuated in Righteousness, the Journey of the Hawaiian people from Eden to the present time. This is a portion of their MISSION STATEMENT: '...Jesus Christ is the Son of the Creator of all people and He loves all people equally."[15]

That statement is clarified in Kikawa’s book. Endorsed by YWAM, it states,

“Instead of destroying and ridiculing the native names of the Creator God, we should help preserve them… Christians should cease representing Jesus as the Son of the foreign God of a foreign people.... We should instead introduce Jesus as the Son of their creator God.”[3]

What are the "native names" of this universal "Creator God?" According to Kikawa's strange theology, the "son of" any of the world's mythical "creator" gods and goddesses --  whether Hindu, Celtic, Greek or Hawaiian -- could be called Jesus Christ.

A youth pastor from South Africa sent us an interesting justification for re-imagining God:
"You speak about postmodernism denying absolute truth. True, but don't assume then that the post-modern church does the same. Granted it does say that there are very few absolute truths, far less then modernists would say there are. But the important ones are still there: God is love; God is good; God loves me enough to send His Son to die for me.... The only absolutes left all have to do with God."

But a god who is only defined as love is not the God who revealed Himself to us in His Word. Our sovereign God can't be squeezed into a "positive" New Thought box that hides His holiness, righteousness, justice, judgments and actual plan for salvation. Other religions can be molded to fit cultural preferences -- but not God's word or ways! Those who believe such lies embrace illusions -- false, feel-good deceptions that could blind their eyes forever to the true Deliverer.
"...there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies.... And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed." 2 Peter 2:1-3

"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes....'" Romans 1:16

Trading Truth for Solidarity - Part 3
Shaping the Global 'Christian' Youth

By Berit Kjos - August 2007

"...the purpose of education and the schools is to change the thoughts, feelings and actions of students."[1] Dr. Benjamin Bloom, "Father of Outcome-Based Education"

"Postmodern culture is a change-or-be-changed world. The word is out: Reinvent yourself for the 21st century or die."[2]  Leonard Sweet in Soul Tsunami (endorsed by Rick Warren)
"Kids can change the world... right now! So, how do you as an adult inspire these world changers? First, world changers need MENTORS to inspire them.... Honor and celebrate the uniqueness of each child. Ask relationship-building questions...."[3] KIDMO 

"In this new reformation of self-esteem, the first thing required is to pull God down from His supremely elevated place so you can then lift yourself up."[4]  A warning from Pastor John MacArthur
"The whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one," we are told in 1 John 5:19. And the leaders of today's world are just as determined to undermine God’s Word as those who despised Christianity two millennia ago. The fact that their tools and tactics are more sophisticated these days gives us plenty of reasons to heed God's repeated warnings: Be watchful! Pray! Don't be deceived!

The guiding vision of contemporary world leaders was summarized by Professor Raymond Houghton back in 1970. As you ponder his words, remember that the key strategies used in secular schools are now embraced by market-driven churches around the world:

"...absolute behavior control is imminent.... The critical point of behavior control, in effect, is sneaking up on mankind without his self-conscious realization that a crisis is at hand. Man will... never self-consciously know that it has happened."[5]

The main targets of these change agents have been our children, our youth, and our Biblical faith. Have these revolutionaries succeeded? Yes!  We are now immersed in the fruit of their labor: a postmodern world that rejects the Truth and moral foundations that shaped America's faith and freedom. .

GLOBAL TRANSFORMATION

Like our secular guides, today's postmodern, purpose-driven church guides keep sounding the call for continual change. And their restless audience -- dulled by decades of "progressive education" and corrupt entertainment -- are fast falling in line behind the most popular pied pipers.

There's little to hold them back from the tempting snares that tug at their hearts these days. The greatest obstacle to deception has always been God's unchanging Word. But that wall of resistance is crumbling fast. Today's transformational leaders know that their pleasure-loving followers would rather dialogue about "biblical principles" in popular movies than study or memorize Scriptures. And such facilitated dialogue is central to this revolution. As Professor Benjamin Bloom ("Father of Outcome-Based Education") wrote back in 1971,
"...a large part of what we call 'good teaching' is the teacher's ability to attain affective objectives through challenging the students' fixed beliefs and getting them to discuss issues."[6]
Bloom was building on the revolutionary foundation laid by Julian Huxley, first head of UNESCO. In his 1947 exposé of the UN agenda, "UNESCO: Its purpose and Its Philosophy," Huxley wrote:
"The task is to help the emergence of a single world culture.... And it is necessary, for at the moment, two opposing philosophies of life confront each other from the West and from the East.... Can these opposites be reconciled, this antithesis be resolved in a higher synthesis?...

"In pursuing this aim, we must eschew [shun] dogma - whether it be theological dogma or Marxist dogma.... East and West will not agree on a basis of the future if they merely hurl at each other the fixed ideas of the past... If we are to achieve progress, we must learn to uncrystalize our dogmas." [Read more here]

Could pastors and church leaders be willing to "uncrystallize" their Biblical foundations? Faced with the world's tempting incentives, today's pragmatic leaders are selling their souls for the latest marketing models. For example, one of today's popular Sunday School programs is the costly KIDMO. Its website emphasizes a unifying "mission," not Biblical literacy:
"In order to equip mentors to inspire world changers, your kids need a MISSION. ... It creates clarity, causes action, and changes perspective."[3]
Changing perspectives is key to this transformation. As Professor Houghton warned decades ago, you won't even "know that it has happened." Compromise becomes the norm as blinded shepherds of God's flocks pursue the latest strategies for "success." The steps below are vital to their unbiblical mission:
Replace solid Biblical teaching with feel-good storytelling.
Reinvent our sovereign holy God as a permissive buddy who applauds your goodness.
Keep affirming God's love and understanding; forget His holy standard and judgment.
Trade Bible study (too didactic and divisive) for facilitated group dialogue.
Stress human deeds not God's doctrine.
Contextualize the gospel and emphasize unity in diversity.
Tolerate everything except old-fashioned parents and other obstacles to change. 
WHOSE VALUES WILL GUIDE OUR CHILDREN?

Parents? Where do they fit into this picture? Mike Yaconelli, the celebrated founder of the popular "Christian" Youth Specialties, gave us a clue in his article "The Problem of Parents:"
"What's the biggest obstacle to effective youth ministry? Parents.... Why are young people stressed out? Parents. Why are young people obsessed with education, good grades, SAT scores...? Parents.... Who supports our ministries until their child has a negative experience, or is disciplined, or is injured, or doesn't like youth group, or the music, or their counselor, or a new sponsor, or the way the youth group is being run? Parents."[7]  Mike Yaconelli, "The Problem of Parents"
Concerned parents have distressed secular change agents as well. That's why Professor John Goodlad, who worked with UNESCO in the seventies, warned fellow educators that -

"most youth still hold the same values as their parents.... If we do not alter this pattern, if we don't resocialize... our society may decay."[8]

"Enlightened social engineering is required to face situations that demand global action now. Parents and the general public must be reached also, otherwise, children and youth enrolled in globally oriented programs may find themselves in conflict with values assumed in the home."[9]

Megan Fuller, a visitor to our website, shows us the results of this anti-family ideology. "I ran across an article by Mike Yaconelli from Youth Specialties about a week ago," she wrote, "and I was floored by his open disdain for parents and traditional church leadership. But it served to bring to mind my own rebellion, and I began to wonder if his disdain and my experiences in youth group weren’t really all that far apart."[10] She continued,

"I began attending a mega-church called Capital Christian Center which has recently strayed into the Emergent Church scene (though they wouldn’t admit it). Within one year of attending that church, I was in the beginning stages of rebellion against my parents and against the foundation of God's Word that was instilled in me as a young girl. Two years after becoming an ACTIVE member of the youth group (and in its leadership) I was in full rebellion against everything my parents had taught me as a child.

"I thought I was righteous. I thought I was the one who had it right. I thought my parents were legalistic (I HATED the writings of Paul). I thought my parents had too many expectations for me. I thought they weren’t really concerned about spreading the gospel as much as I was. I thought I was on fire for Christ. But I thought wrong…and had God not delivered me from that rebellion, I would be lost. Just another product of a youth group much like Mike Yaconelli envisions for every youth group. God help us!"[10]

[Since children and youth are the most vulnerable victims in this spiritual revolution, our next article will deal with three "Models" for facilitating a child's "spiritual formation." All are tested and used in public as well as church school: Contemplative-Reflective, Pragmatic-Participatory, and Media-driven Active Engagement Model.]
TRAINING TOMORROW'S WORLD CHANGERS?

Contrary to Biblical guidelines, the church and the world now share a common goal: to train today's youth to lead tomorrow's pluralistic world. Both church and world are picking out their most promising leaders -- those who heartily pursue the "right" vision and the evolving global mission. I met some of them at the UN conferences and [Gorbachev's] State of the World Forums. Those "chosen" teens from diverse nations were led, through the dialectic process, to synthesize opposing views and embrace an evolving, preplanned consensus. They were trained to think, speak and act as citizens of a collective global village.

Like postmodern "Christian" youth, many of those "chosen" youth believed in God but doubted the Bible. They believed in personal truths but rejected God's absolute Truth. They believed in a Christ but not in our Savior. They loved the creation but denied the Creator. As Harvard student Bill Burke-White reported during Gorbachev's 1996 Forum,

"We have spent this week re-imagining and re-envisioning the world we have inherited.... Just a few short steps from your meeting rooms this week there is a community of youth who were born into the global village.... This is a community that will not tolerate the continued ecological devastation of the sacred landscape of our home... [and] that has no tolerance for dogmatism and fundamentalism."

"This community needs to learn about the new paradigm or to unlearn the old -- we were born into an awakening Earth.... Imagine, if you will, a world which has realized the Youth summit's vision of building a Global Youth Alliance, a planet-wide conversation, an interlinking, a networking of the many youth organizations that share these heart-felt visions...."[11]

"Unlearning the old" ways is key to the global transformation. And its pied pipers are determined to break the old ties and restraints, whatever it takes. Like the Phoenix rising out of its own ashes, the new world must rise above the old beliefs and values. Their arguments sound good and noble -- almost Christian -- to those who never learned to love God's true and living Word. Notice the logical progression from untrue assumptions (#1) to mainstream deceptions (#3):

1. Global peace demands global oneness. Therefore all must follow the global guidelines to unity.
2. Global unity demands collective thinking. Therefore all must participate in small group dialogue.
3. Dialogue and consensus require respect for diversity and synthesis of opposites. Therefore resisters and their divisive Truth must be silenced.

Such spiritual assaults on Biblical Christianity are neither new nor surprising. God's holy ways have never pleased the world. They certainly don't fit today's emphasis on self-esteem and feel-good spirituality. And since they undermine God's moral and spiritual boundaries, they invite chaos rather than unity -- coercion instead of freedom.

The transformation is speeding up. Those who simply flow with the revolution will find acceptance, while those who passionately pursue "progress" will probably be tomorrow's leaders. But concerned resisters will face some hard choices. Dan (another website visitor) illustrates the battle:
1) My company was recently bought by another company. The new company had individual meetings with us to explain the 'company culture.' At the end of the meeting, we were asked to verbalize our commitment to the company culture with a yes or a no: 'If you agree to our culture, please answer 'Yes.'  They wanted a verbal commitment. Car salesmen use the same tactic to get you in a 'yes' verbal pattern. It also matches the new evangelism.

2) A television commercial for Lexus automobiles shows a gentleman walking thru a metropolitan area, with extremely fast-moving scenery, attempting to give the impression that things are changing very quickly. The gentleman (aka the viewer) is looking things over, as if contemplating what to do. The narrator says something about how the world is changing very quickly, and then in a very pointed way, says - 'Are you IN, or OUT?' It's Us or Them!"
Where do you stand?

Rick Warren assures his followers that "fundamentalism, of all varieties, will be 'one of the big enemies of the 21st century.'" [12]  He may be right! His worldwide influence will surely speed the rising hostility toward the fundamental Truths of God -- a major obstacle to global solidarity.[13]

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.... If they persecuted Me they will persecute you... for they do not know the One who sent Me." John 15:19-21

"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: