End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 08:14:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith  (Read 27200 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »

Heresy Rising: Christian Pastors Embracing New Age Syncretism

For all the heated accusations about personalities like megachurch pastor Rick Warren preaching Chrislam, one man of God is admitting how Buddha has influenced his prayers to Jesus.

Rowan Williams, perhaps better known as the former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Williams, is not hiding his strange religious rituals—rituals that smell like syncretism.

Williams says he spends up to 40 minutes a day squatting and repeating an Eastern Orthodox prayer while performing breathing exercises as part of a routine influenced by Buddhism, according to the Telegraph.

In an article headlined, "Rowan Williams: How Buddhism Helps Me Pray," he also shares how he spends time pacing slowly and repeatedly prostrating himself as part of an intense early morning ritual of silent meditation and prayer. His prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me, a sinner."

"Over the years increasing exposure to and engagement with the Buddhist world in particular has made me aware of practices not unlike the 'Jesus Prayer' and introduced me to disciplines that further enforce the stillness and physical focus that the prayer entails," he says.

Williams goes on to explain, using what sounds like New Age language, how he pictures the human body as a "cave" through which breath passes and is sure that people who practice these rituals regularly could reach "advanced states" and become aware of an "unbroken inner light," the Telegraph reports.

This smacks of syncretism. Syncretism is a blend of different religious, cultures or schools of thought. Syncretism defies logic, often mixing contradictory beliefs in the name of unity.

Although I am not opposed to people from different faiths working together, many times such endeavors lead to Christians compromising their beliefs in the name of unity—and that's one of the key dangers of syncretism. We cannot compromise the Word of God for the sake of getting along with Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Mormons or any one else. Once we've started embracing elements of other religions, we've compromised the gospel that has the power to save those who know Christ in name only.

The New Age movement is syncretistic, blending various religions, relying on various gods, and crediting the "universe" with power it doesn't have. Chrislam, as its name suggests, is also syncretistic, blending elements of Christianity and Islam.  Muslims use Chrislam theology as a way into Christian pulpits, essentially opening the door to false worship.

Pope Francis recently welcomed Israeli and Palestinian presidents to meet at the Vatican (a first in history) where they incorporated Jewish, Catholic and Muslim prayers in several languages—and readings from the Quran. Although the spirit of unity is admirable, these sorts of world events forward the gospel-eroding cancer of syncretism.

Don't be fooled. Just because something has Christian elements doesn't make it Christian. In his letter to the church at Philippi, Paul points to "enemies of the cross" (Phil. 3:18). Islam is not a friend of the cross. Buddha was not a friend of the cross. Leaders of false religions are not friends of the cross. And we cannot reconcile the enemies of the cross to the Christ who hung upon a tree to pay the price for their sin if we compromise the gospel and essentially worship their god.

How does God feel about syncretism? "For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God" (Ex. 34:14). God Jesus said, "If you love Me keep My commandments (John 14:15). Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself" (Luke 10:27). Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad" (Matt. 12:30).

Friends, too many religious leaders are making headlines for practicing syncretism. Although Rick Warren has called his affiliation with Chrislam "nonsense" and "a lie that won't die," Rowan Williams is openly admitting embracing what sound like New Age practices. Don't be fooled in these last days. Ask God to give you a discerning spirit. Remember, unity without an unadulterated gospel isn't unity at all—it's syncretism that pours water in the gospel's gas tank and fails to redeem the enemies of the cross.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/44538-heresy-rising-christian-pastors-embracing-new-age-syncretism
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: